PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley says LeBron will NEVER be in his top 5 regardless of what he does..

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-23-2013, 10:53 PM
..on the Dan Patrick show..
im confused.. :confused:

One day he says lebron is better than jordan and now he says he isn't, with dan pushing it, he finally admitted that lebron is a better all around player lol..

Dan Patrick says LeBron should have won DPOY and MVP..

dude stick to one thing and stop changing every few seconds.. lol

Anyways, his top 10 goes:
1. Mj
2. Big O
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Russell
---------
6. Lebron
7. Kobe
8. Magic
9. Larry
10. West

lol.. way too high for lebron and a few others IMO, thoughts?

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/06/21/charles-barkley-lebron-a-top-10-all-time-player-but-hell-never-be-top-5/

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-23-2013, 10:55 PM
apparently, according to him LeBron can't go any higher and LeBron was already at 6..

what in the world..

he also says, between kobe and lebron, depends on how many more championships he wins.. what about the dudes in the top 5 vs bron?
:confused:

Oh that Chuck.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Remember when he said Lebron wasn't ever going to win an MVP or something and had to kiss a Donkey's *** on national TV? Point is... he's a dumb sh** and is INCREDIBLY bias.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Remember when he said Lebron wasn't ever going to win an MVP or something and had to kiss a Donkey's *** on national TV? Point is... he's a dumb sh** and is INCREDIBLY bias.

i dont mind if he's biased, i just think its lame that he keeps changing his opinion. stick to one thing and if you're proven wrong, admit it. instead of jumping back and forth lol

Raps08-09 Champ
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM
At one point, he also said Lebron doesn't need to match Jordan's rings and only needs 3-4 rings to be in the conversation for best of all time.

tredigs
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM

I think I saw you make a top 7 SG list a few days ago that did not include Clyde Drexler or Jerry West...

JerseyPalahniuk
06-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Every NBA fan, player, coach, GM, etc has a different opinion of the "top 10" players of all-time. There will never be nor should there be a consensus. It depends on the era and what factors each individual values more.

I don't agree with Barkley's top 10 either and I most likely won't agree with anyone who posts in this thread.
Everything is dynamic, every so often I change my perception and value rings more or points more or defense more. I don't think anyone should have a "static" top 10 either.

With that said, Barkley has 100x more basketball experience than anyone on PSD. He could have awful statements but I've seen Magic give just as moronic opinions and flip flop but people still quote him. IMO quoting players saying such and such about talent is useless because the poster just picks whatever his opinion is and finds a recent quote. 2 years from now Jordan might pick Lebron > Kobe and Kobephiles will not quote him and bash his opinion. It's all relative man.

Don't get to riled up about these random interviews. Most of the time it's the interviewer who leads them on to that statement.

b@llhog24
There's a difference in being regarded as a top 5 player and actually being one.

Im_in_Mia_bish
At one point, he also said Lebron doesn't need to match Jordan's rings and only needs 3-4 rings to be in the conversation for best of all time.

lmao. exactly.

b@llhog24
06-23-2013, 11:04 PM
I think I saw you make a top 7 SG list a few days ago that did not include Clyde Drexler or Jerry West...

Lmao.

OceanSpray
Charles Barkley is bipolar. He said James is the only one who can surpass Jordan, said James is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Jordan. Said James needs at least 5 rings to match Jordan. Then he says won't be top 5? Anyone who has Russell on a top 5 is ridiculous. Dude had no offensive game at all. If he didn't have a stacked team, Russell wouldn't have won anything. Big O? How was this dude even better than James? He has only one ring, how does he crack into the top 2? And Magic at 8 pretty much says everything.

Im_in_Mia_bish
Every NBA fan, player, coach, GM, etc has a different opinion of the "top 10" players of all-time. There will never be nor should there be a consensus. It depends on the era and what factors each individual values more.

I don't agree with Barkely's top 10 either and I most likely won't agree with anyone who posts in this thread.
Everything is dynamic, every so often I change my perception and value rings more or points more or defense more. I don't think anyone should have a "static" top 10 either.

and i totally agree on the opinions part. i have no worries if anyone thinks he will be top 5 or if hes currently even top 10, i just think the dude needs to stop changing his story and stick to one thing. first its lebron is already better, than its lebron will never be better, than its lebron will be better, and now lebron will never be better. 4 times hes changed his stance in the past 4 years lol

rocket
The title just makes him sound like a ****ing tool

tredigs
06-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Charles Barkley is bipolar. He said James is the only one who can surpass Jordan, said James is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Jordan. Said James needs at least 5 rings to match Jordan. Then he says won't be top 5? Anyone who has Russell on a top 5 is ridiculous. Dude had no offensive game at all. If he didn't have a stacked team, Russell wouldn't have won anything. Big O? How was this dude even better than James? He has only one ring, how does he crack into the top 2? And Magic at 8 pretty much says everything.

Eh, when you're in the top of the list for GOAT defender, GOAT leader and GOAT rebounder as well as a very good passer for a big and a mid to high teen scorer (oh yeah, best player/leader on at least 8 championship teams), you can indeed be in that conversation. The fool is the one who looks past all of that and immediately dismisses him from a top 5 conversation.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 11:12 PM

Didn't make a list at all. I listed a handful of the top ones. Notice none had a number next to them which is what I do when I rank?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-23-2013, 11:13 PM
I think its too hard to tell at this point. Although I give Lebron all the credit for winning the title this year, I dont know if his "attitude" has changed. He still seems conceded to a fault, and that may come back to haunt him when the competition is harder. Although the spurs were a great team, and Lebron deserves all the credit in the world for getting past them, the rest of the playoffs should have been a relative cake walk and they werent and I think that is alarming for next season and beyond. It is a personal opinion and Im sure many wont agree, but I just sense that a humbled Lebron is the most dangerous Lebron there is, and right now he is nowhere near humble. If he can stay at this level however, there is no reason he shouldnt crack the top 5 all time

tredigs
06-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Didn't make a list at all. I listed a handful of the top ones. Notice none had a number next to them which is what I do when I rank?
No, I just noticed that you made a list of the best SG's of all time (wondering if AI was one of them or not) and did not include Clyde or West. So yes, that is a list. Whether or not it was in order is irrelevant to the fact that you did not include two of the best ever.

The point is, everybody has their own unique takes on lists, and for you to outright call Barkley an idiot while not possessing an ounce of his bball knowledge just seems silly to me.

He's definitely not alone in thinking that LBJ's particular failures to this point on certain large stages omit him from a top 5 talk, though I don't agree with that.

thephoenixson28
06-23-2013, 11:17 PM
It's cuz Dwayne wade didnt put him in his myfaves tmoblie.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 11:21 PM
No, I just noticed that you made a list of the best SG's of all time (wondering if AI was one of them or not) and did not include Clyde or West. So yes, that is a list. Whether or not it was in order is irrelevant to the fact that you did not include two of the best ever.

The point is, everybody has their own unique takes on lists, and for you to outright call Barkley an idiot while not possessing an ounce of his bball knowledge just seems silly to me.

Like I said find any actual list... from me in my entire posting history and you'll see numbers. It's just a habit of mine that's probably unnecessary. I'm a huge fan of Clyde and wouldn't leave him off a list if I put thought into a ranking. Barkley IS an idiot and the idea that players have more knowledge than analysts has been proven wrong time and time again. How's Shaq's knowledge? The average diehard NBA fan would school Shaq in a basketball discussion.

The problem with guys like Barkley and Shaq is their ego and bias corrupts the hell out of their opinions. The best analysts are non superstar players such as Greg Anthony, Brent Barry, Dennis Scott, Steve Smith (was great player but more level headed). These guys never let bias or competition fuel their opinions. Barkley is infamous for flip flopping on predictions and picking on certain teams no matter what and hyping others no matter what. He has a HUGE bias towards gritty teams and a huge bias against jumpshooting or flashy teams. Look at the trash he talks about Thunder, Heat, Knicks and Clippers.. then compare it to how he talks about the Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies.

I'm sorry but it's hard to respect his "knowledge" when he fails to put any honest effort into updating his knowledge base and also constantly runs with these bias opinions.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Barkley "Jumpshooting teams without dominant post scorers aren't built to win titles". Then you look at the last 3 championships, last 6 finals teams and see that all 3 champions and 5 of 6 finals teams would be considered "jump shooting teams" or ones without dominant post scoring presences. What causes him to make this error is he's made it clear he feels this style of play is superior. I agree in the 90's it was but right now these "jump shooting teams" seem to be thriving the most.

tredigs
06-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Like I said find any actual list... from me in my entire posting history and you'll see numbers. It's just a habit of mine that's probably unnecessary. I'm a huge fan of Clyde and wouldn't leave him off a list if I put thought into a ranking. Barkley IS an idiot and the idea that players have more knowledge than analysts has been proven wrong time and time again. How's Shaq's knowledge? The average diehard NBA fan would school Shaq in a basketball discussion.

The problem with guys like Barkley and Shaq is their ego and bias corrupts the hell out of their opinions. The best analysts are non superstar players such as Greg Anthony, Brent Barry, Dennis Scott, Steve Smith (was great player but more level headed). These guys never let bias or competition fuel their opinions. Barkley is infamous for flip flopping on predictions and picking on certain teams no matter what and hyping others no matter what. He has a HUGE bias towards gritty teams and a huge bias against jumpshooting or flashy teams. Look at the trash he talks about Thunder, Heat, Knicks and Clippers.. then compare it to how he talks about the Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies.

I'm sorry but it's hard to respect his "knowledge" when he fails to put any honest effort into updating his knowledge base and also constantly runs with these bias opinions.

OK, well you definitely were trying to decide whether or not AI fit in your top 5 and listed the SG's not including Clyde or Jerry West, but I'll take your word on it and assume you just forgot them.

I actually highly disagree that Barkley's an idiot, though he does say some dumb things and will contradict himself (you'd be surprised how often EVERYONE does, their words are just all put on blast for us to nitpick). Though I definitely agree with many hardcore non-NBA playing analysts over players, I take it on a case by case basis on both ends of that spectrum.

Barkley "Jumpshooting teams without dominant post scorers aren't built to win titles". Then you look at the last 3 championships, last 6 finals teams and see that all 3 champions and 5 of 6 finals teams would be considered "jump shooting teams" or ones without dominant post scoring presences. What causes him to make this error is he's made it clear he feels this style of play is superior. I agree in the 90's it was but right now these "jump shooting teams" seem to be thriving the most.

I'd call the Heat more of a slashing team, and Lebron + Wade get a ton of points in the paint or at the line. It aids their success big time. He's talking more about a team like Golden State (more so pre Bogut and when Lee was out, but still). The other factor in that is that their is no dominant post scoring big in the league right now. So it allows more leeway, especially when the best player in the game is on a team that has elite 3pt shooting and another upper echelon slasher alongside him. Even still, it was very nearly not enough to stop an aged Duncan and co. If that was prime Spurs? No chance.

kblo247
06-23-2013, 11:26 PM
This just means Brons made it

I'm reminded of Kobe in the 2010 run, Father Time has caught up to him, and he can't score 30 a night anymore to lead this team ... Lol

Bron made it when chuck has to find a way to hate what he's doing, which is what chuck never could do, live up to expectations and win with great talent

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 11:29 PM
OK, well you definitely were trying to decide whether or not AI fit in your top 5 and listed the SG's not including Clyde or Jerry West, but I'll take your word on it and assume you just forgot them.

I actually highly disagree that Barkley's an idiot, though he does say some dumb things and will contradict himself (you'd be surprised how often EVERYONE does, their words are just all put on blast for us to nitpick). Though I definitely agree with many hardcore non-NBA playing analysts over players, I take it on a case by case basis on both ends of that spectrum.

I do see times where he's amazingly knowledgeable which is what's disappointing to me. He's so dominantly opinionated and bias that it's hard to NOT have him on the defensive (similar to Shaq). When he's talking about players/teams he has no bias towards he's fantastic. Problem is there are certain teams he's a homer for and others he hates like I said. If you happen to be a fan of the 20 teams he has no strong opinion of, I'm sure you'd love him. I happen to be a fan of a team he loves to pick apart relentlessly so it's hard to take him seriously. Especially because a lot of what he says applied 5 years ago and he didn't update his info.

I truly didn't think about a set list because I've argued Clyde against pretty much every SG all time including Jordan. Not that he was better but that he's probably the most underrated player ever and that peak Clyde vs peak Jordan was closer IMO than most would know or think.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Russell, is the most overrated individual player in history.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
wait, and Oscar?

hahaha

Akagaminosteven
06-23-2013, 11:32 PM

I thought that was about Yao Ming scoring 20 points.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2013, 11:34 PM
I thought that was about Yao Ming scoring 20 points.

Really? I thought it was part of that big Charles/Lebron feud where Lebron told him he needs to shut the hell up or w/e. Maybe I'm mixing it up haha.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-23-2013, 11:39 PM
in the video, chuck mentioned that lebron guarded parker well.. anyone care to give me parker's stats with lebron guarding him exclusively????

OceanSpray
06-23-2013, 11:45 PM
in the video, chuck mentioned that lebron guarded parker well.. anyone care to give me parker's stats with lebron guarding him exclusively????

Pretty sure game 6, James was on him at least 80% of the time, leading to Parker being 6/23. That might be more of Tony not being 100%, but that was by far his worst performance in the playoffs. I think Charles is just jealous at this point. Maybe two game 7's changed his mind about the dominance of LeBron, but if you take into affect that LeBron was the only player on the Heat playing consistent, it's a tough call.

Chronz
06-23-2013, 11:49 PM

He said Yao would not score 20 or 30 or something

Mr_Jones
06-23-2013, 11:50 PM
He's so stupid.

Ty Fast
06-23-2013, 11:51 PM

he also said the pacers were gonna beat Miami. he hates the heat.

ziglur
06-24-2013, 12:26 AM

O averaged a triple double one year and nearly did it 3 years in a row. James not even close to that. He did it when they played defense. James looks good when they dont guard him. This game was rehearsed to make James look good and get another MVP. They decided to give him midrange jumpers, WHY? Winning Titles dont mean much. It means he had good teamates otherwise he would have won with Cleveland.

bucketss
06-24-2013, 12:44 AM
O averaged a triple double one year and nearly did it 3 years in a row. James not even close to that. He did it when they played defense. James looks good when they dont guard him. This game was rehearsed to make James look good and get another MVP. They decided to give him midrange jumpers, WHY? Winning Titles dont mean much. It means he had good teamates otherwise he would have won with Cleveland.

they played defense? wasn't that era a very high pace? lebron would dominate them lets be honest.

they gave him open jumpers because lebron was bricking them all series, did you watch the finals? the spurs game plan was to make him a jumpshooter, it worked in 2007.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 01:14 AM

If you're still arguing Oscar over James, you are clearly mistaken. Oscar himself admitted that James is better than Jordan, I doubt Oscar would put himself over Jordan. Oscar averaged a triple double in what era? The era that Wilt also averaged 50 points and 25 rebounds a game? That is simply unheard of because it's a ridiculous stat sheet. Those are more than video game numbers, it was because basketball in general was WEAK. When they played defense.. Yeah, who and who played defense? It was just Wilt/Russell, everyone else was irrelevant. Your argument is totally cretin. What are you even trying to prove in the title debate? If we weren't talking about titles, what are we talking about? Oscar played in a weak era in which only a select few were good. That explains why there were 5 really great players and the rest full of garbage. Those 5 really great players had crazy stats, why haven't we seen stats since those days? Not because they were really great, but because NBA is filled with talent everywhere. Back then, not all African Americans had the opportunity to play which explains why the league was weak back then. I'm not racist but blacks beat white any day.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-24-2013, 02:50 AM
lol

BklynKnicks3
06-24-2013, 08:58 AM
The only way he can be top 5 to me is if he wins a ring without wade. When he was in need a ring and his legacy was in doubt never forget he called poppa wade. Say what u want about wade he may have been hurt all playoffs but every big game he showed up in a big way. He needed a man who is a champion to show him the way. Wade was by his side for every press conference and everything else until he got his first ring. Then poppa wade took the training wheels off.

BKLYNpigeon
06-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I agree with Charles.

Lebron might be better then all of them. but those top 5 players helped shape the league the way it is now. They are historians and legends of the game.

waveycrockett
06-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Bill Russel being top 5 is nuts.

mightymouse407
06-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I agree with Chuck he shouldnt be top 5 ever no matter what he does, he joined up with other 2 other superstars to make a super team. in my books that automatically excludes you from being in the top 5

JordansBulls
06-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Even if you are a hater of Lebron, can't deny the guy will probably be top 5 all time.

ATX
06-24-2013, 11:11 AM
One more Ring and Finals MVP cements top 5 for LeBron easily.

ManRam
06-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Bill Russell and Oscar are certainly passable. Russell remains the most overrated player ever.

HouRealCoach
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
A couple of months ago he said he has the chance to be the best ever

HouRealCoach
06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Bill Russell and Oscar are certainly passable. Russell remains the most overrated player ever.

He dominated his era, help created the term "defense wins championship", won titles as a player/coach...

Can't take away from him because of the era he played in...

koberulesall
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM
magic should be first hes way to low in his prime the best player ever hands down

xxfresh
06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
The only way he can be top 5 to me is if he wins a ring without wade. When he was in need a ring and his legacy was in doubt never forget he called poppa wade. Say what u want about wade he may have been hurt all playoffs but every big game he showed up in a big way. He needed a man who is a champion to show him the way. Wade was by his side for every press conference and everything else until he got his first ring. Then poppa wade took the training wheels off.

I don't think you're being entirely fair. I mean Jordan at least had Pippen, (who IMO is severely underrated) and Kobe at least had Shaq/Gasol

ManRam
06-24-2013, 12:56 PM
He dominated his era, help created the term "defense wins championship", won titles as a player/coach...

Can't take away from him because of the era he played in...

Yes I can.

IKnowHoops
06-24-2013, 01:18 PM

He's definitely not alone in thinking that LBJ's particular failures to this point on certain large stages omit him from a top 5 talk, though I don't agree with that.

The only problem with pointing out Lebrons failures as a reason for why he shouldn't be top 5 is that these people don't even know the specific failures of the players in the top five, which means that the top five have no failures basically. If you focus on strengths and accolades since we all know the strengths and accolades of all players, then its pretty easy to have Bron as top five approaching the number 1 spot.

ManRam
06-24-2013, 01:38 PM

How is this any different than criticizing Jordan for not winning without Pippen?

Oh, because Jordan got lucky that his team brought Pippen to him and we're gonna think less of LeBron as a PLAYER for going and getting his own Pippen (Wade hasn't played like Pippen in the playoffs for their two rings either). Well, that's just silly.

He didn't need to be shown how to win...he carried those Cavs teams further than they had any business going every year but 1.

tredigs
06-24-2013, 02:04 PM
The only problem with pointing out Lebrons failures as a reason for why he shouldn't be top 5 is that these people don't even know the specific failures of the players in the top five, which means that the top five have no failures basically. If you focus on strengths and accolades since we all know the strengths and accolades of all players, then its pretty easy to have Bron as top five approaching the number 1 spot.

Which is why I don't agree with what Barkley is saying. Even more so because LBJ's career is not done over the failures that other greats have endured.

Yes I can.

Minus the sheer amount of championships obviously, I think Russell dominates this era in a very similar fashion and would be a 5+ time DPOY guy and perennial top 1-3 rebounder who had the drive and leadership that we see as the major falling point in so many potentially great players/teams. I see no reason why he wouldn't be one of the absolute most revered players in any era. And IMO Russell's contributions on offense (with passing and offensive rebounding alone, while also being a far better scorer than say - a Ben Wallace) outweigh Magic's impact on defense.

He's not a player like LBJ who can immediately put any team into the playoffs with a top seed and win a couple rounds, but with a reasonable offensive cast, he is the type of player that will bring you championships.

The hate on Russell has swayed so hard in the other direction that imo he is often the most underrated player of all time.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Which is why I don't agree with what Barkley is saying. Even more so because LBJ's career is not done over the failures that other greats have endured.

Minus the sheer amount of championships obviously, I think Russell dominates this era in a very similar fashion and would be a 5+ time DPOY guy and perennial top 1-3 rebounder who had the drive and leadership that we see as the major falling point in so many potentially great players/teams. I see no reason why he wouldn't be one of the absolute most revered players in any era. And IMO Russell's contributions on offense (with passing and offensive rebounding alone, while also being a far better scorer than say - a Ben Wallace) outweigh Magic's impact on defense.

He's not a player like LBJ who can immediately put any team into the playoffs with a top seed and win a couple rounds, but with a reasonable offensive cast, he is the type of player that will bring you championships.

The hate on Russell has swayed so hard in the other direction that imo he is often the most underrated player of all time.

Lol, Dwight would be the Russell of that era. There's no hypothetical situations. Fact is Russell played in a garbage era with a stacked team and he had no offensive game at all. Wilt has an exception, he dominated on both ends. Russell never did. There's a reason why no one has rebounded close to 25 rebounds a game.. Not because they aren't as good, but because who can't rebound over 6"6 centers when you're 6"10+? Not to mention his only competition was practically Wilt.

tredigs
06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Lol, Dwight would be the Russell of that era. There's no hypothetical situations. Fact is Russell played in a garbage era with a stacked team and he had no offensive game at all. Wilt has an exception, he dominated on both ends. Russell never did. There's a reason why no one has rebounded close to 25 rebounds a game.. Not because they aren't as good, but because who can't rebound over 6"6 centers when you're 6"10+? Not to mention his only competition was practically Wilt.

#1: There was plenty of tall centers in that league. Very similar to this era actually. This has been told to you earlier today, yet you still spit the same ignorance.

#2: He had plenty of offensive game. Great passer, elite offensive rebounder and had post moves that easily rival Howard.

#3: Howard does not understand basketball at anywhere near the level of Russell, and to think he'd dominate at his level is ****ing hysterical. There's a reason why Duncan's blocks produce the most possessions for his team on average, and D. Howard's the lowest possessions for his team on average. He is also a weak passer and terrible leader.

#4: Obviously Russell isn't going to rebound 25 a game now, he would be playing less minutes and at a lower pace, but great rebounders are great rebounders. Charles dominated bigs 8" taller than him with ease while leading the league in rebounds in the greatest Center era.

So in short, every one of your points are wrong. As per usual.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 04:49 PM
#1: There was plenty of tall centers in that league. Very similar to this era actually. This has been told to you earlier today, yet you still spit the same ignorance.

#2: He had plenty of offensive game. Great passer, elite offensive rebounder and had post moves that easily rival Howard.

#3: Howard does not understand basketball at anywhere near the level of Russell, and to think he'd dominate at his level is ****ing hysterical. There's a reason why Duncan's blocks produce the most possessions for his team on average, and D. Howard's the lowest possessions for his team on average. He is also a weak passer and terrible leader.

#4: Obviously Russell isn't going to rebound 25 a game now, he would be playing less minutes and at a lower pace, but great rebounders are great rebounders. Charles dominated bigs 8" taller than him with ease while leading the league in rebounds in the greatest Center era.

So in short, every one of your points are wrong. As per usual.

#1, only 8 teams back then. Who did Russell really have to play against, be honest.
#2, this is why I can't take you serious. Did you just say Bill had an offensive game? He's one of the worst centers on the offensive end, wtf are you talking about?
#3, Howard actually has to play against quality centers around the league. Bill never had to. Leader? Bill Russell had a team that did everything. All Bill had to do was rebound and defend in a league that was INCREDIBLY watered down. You said it yourself, Bill would never average that many rebounds. He wasn't a great rebounder, he was just a better rebounder than the rest. A great rebounder would be Barkley and Rodman.

Tony_Starks
06-24-2013, 05:04 PM
A few more rings and he's in top 5 conversation.

tredigs
06-24-2013, 05:35 PM
You honestly can't even begin to break down an argument with a kid who argues Russell was not a great rebounder (with absolutely no reasoning behind it). He also thinks Kobe is the 2nd greatest player of All Time, so you just have to let some lemmings run off the cliff.

D-Leethal
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Russell had more than a few offensive talents. He jump started the legendary Celtics break, was a great passer, was fast as hell and had handles. Russell would be still be a monster in todays NBA. Think Joakim Noah on steroids.

http://ballislife.com/bill-russell-had-handles-you-didnt-know-about/

COOLbeans
06-24-2013, 07:26 PM

What are you smoking? And I was going to say crack but I didn't want there be an assumption that I was insulting you..

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
A few more rings and he's in top 5 conversation.

i say he needs 4 total to be in the discussion..

what say you?

tredigs
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Russell had more than a few offensive talents. He jump started the legendary Celtics break, was a great passer, was fast as hell and had handles. Russell would be still be a monster in todays NBA. Think Joakim Noah on steroids.

http://ballislife.com/bill-russell-had-handles-you-didnt-know-about/

Exactly, I can think of quite a few teams that would want this as an offensive liability from their DPOY PF/Center: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JWelUNrJUMM

And pretty dope sig up there Im_In_Mia_Bish^

3RDASYSTEM
06-24-2013, 07:59 PM

You don't understand what RUSSELL went through on mental level outside of sports, the climate back then was vastly different(3rd degree harsh) and now seeing how the fans and media just rag on HOWARD about his mental makeup to think he would win 11 in 13yrs back then or in any era, comedy in its purest form

well then since he was 6'9'' and all his other competition was just 6'6'' then how come he didn't avg a weak 10rpg or 15rpg? how come he could have avg more pts per game if he wanted to but he did what he had to do to win, and he anchored a defense where we are smart enough to give him 10x DPOY, yeah RUSSELL in my book is a 10x DPOY, and like a 5x NBA MVP, I don't know how true it is but I heard that same stacked team RUSSELL played with couldn't win jack **** before he got there, now maybe im wrong but its what I heard so it makes them wrong actually

its the same reason I don't take away from WILT back then because he just dominated like no other, its like I don't punish WEST for winning 1 ring in like 10 trips, he's not in my top 10 regardless even if he had won 6-8 rings, and RUSSELL should of been the choice for nba logo

last I checked 11 nba championships in 13yrs blows out the water 1 nba championship out of 9 trips to FINALS, borderline travesty

RUSSELL is top 20 best of the best alltime, easily

Wade n Fade
06-24-2013, 09:44 PM
People still take Barkley seriously? The guy is a comedian at best because of his words. He can hate if he wants, but it just makes him look like an idiot.