PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2013 Miami Heat LIKE the 2008-2010 LA Lakers!?

JordansBulls
06-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Saw this elsewhere on a few other sites.

Has anyone else picked up on the comparison? And how both groups are EXACTLY a mirror image of each other? Take and Moment and read this. This is crazy to the MAX!

2008 Lakers: Have a cakewalk to the NBA finals, beat Nuggets 4-0, Jazz 4-2, Spurs 4-1
2011 Heat: Have a cakewalk to the finals: Beat sixers 4-1, Celtics 4-1, Bulls 4-1
Neither team lost 1 home game through the 1st 3 rounds

2008 Lakers; Lost in the finals to a Veteran team of the Celtics who had guys chasing their 1st rings (KG, Allen Pierce)
2011 Heat; Lost in finals to a vetran team of Mavs with guys chasing rings like Dirk, Jason Kidd, Terry

2008 Lakers playoff record: 14-6
2011 heat playoff record- 14-6

2009 Lakers: Came back the next year and had a much tougher road in the playoffs. Beat Jazz 4-1, Rockets 4-3, Nuggets 4-2. Lost 2 home games in the first 3 rounds, many people questioned them.

2012 Heat: Had a much tougher road in the playoffs beat Knicks 4-1, Pacers 4-2, Celtics 4-3, lost 2 home games through 1st 3 rounds, many people questioned them.

2009 Lakers; Beat a young Magic team in the finals 4-1, with Dwight Howard in his 5th year and 1st finals
2012 Heat: are about to beat a young thunder team 4-1, with Kevin Durant in his 5th year and 1st finals.

2009 Lakers; An injury to Kevin Garnett made life a little easier
2012 Heat: And injury to Derrick Rose made life a little easier

2009 Lakers; Post season record 16-7
2012 heat; Post season record 16-7

2010 Lakers: Go 12-4 through the first 3 rounds
2013 Heat: Go 12-4 through the first 3 rounds

2010 Lakers: Have a 7 hard fought game series against the veteran Celtics in which they win
2013 Heat: Have a 7 hard fought game series against the veteran Spurs. )

2010 Lakers: Ron Artest Fee Agent aquistion came up BIG in Game 7 to save them
2013 Heat: Ray Allen Free Agent acquisition came up BIG in Game 6 to save them

2010 Lakers: 16-7 Playoff record
2013: Heat 16-7 playoff record

Honestly how crazy is this?!

KB24PG16
06-22-2013, 02:42 PM
i saw this somewhere else pretty interesting stuff

Slug3
06-22-2013, 02:48 PM
One big difference though is the age of Kobe and Lebron on these teams.

bucketss
06-22-2013, 02:53 PM
not that crazy to be honest.

ModernDaySavage
06-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Lmao instantly someone trying to discredit LeBron and give Kobe more. Funny.

ztilzer31
06-22-2013, 03:20 PM
If you look up how people make conspiracies this isn't very close at all.

Both teams are nothing alike, and you can take any finals winning team and come up with a bunch of comparisons that seam similar. It's a common technique used by many conspiracy writers.

Might be fun to look at, but utterly meaningless overall.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-22-2013, 03:36 PM
You mean saw this on Reddit?

Chronz
06-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I thought of several of these when Ray hit that hugeshot, reminded me of Artest. Eery stuff

beasted86
06-22-2013, 04:31 PM
That '09 Magic team wasn't really a young team.

JC_
06-22-2013, 05:10 PM
That is pretty crazy. I think if Lebron had stepped up and not been scared in 2011 it would have been an easy championship for the Heat, almost comparable to the Lakers vs Orlando.

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 05:18 PM
not that crazy to be honest.

are you just on like defense mode for the Heat all day long? even tho they just won the championship, shouldn't you be celebrating to some extent

Hangtime
06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Both the 2010 Lakers and 2013 Heat were both down 3-2 in the finals before winning game 7 in a close game to old vet teams Celtics and Spurs. Lots of crazy similarities. If this holds then The 2014 Heat will get swept in the playoffs like the 2011 Lakers.

koreancabbage
06-22-2013, 11:27 PM
and know you know why they say history repeats itself.

JDMVP
06-23-2013, 02:45 AM
People gonna go nut on this reply of mine but watever..... records and how they did it maybe the same but they aint the same team. Kobe never had the talent like Dwade to play with. The Back2Back Lakers grew together to become Champions. Miami, lets face it too much talent on a roster that the was combined and played only for 4 seasons. They bought themselves to win rather the Lakers who grew together and eventually become Champions. Another difference you gotta consider this recent miami championship the road there was less difficult again, (even though they really had hard fought series) injuries to Rose, Deng, Hinrich then to Granger, out west Westbrook, Kobe, Nash i mean the injuries during this playoff run was so much. Injuries are part of the game though, all we gotta do is credit Miami for their accomplishment, no excuses.

At the end of the day They are not same teams.

sunsfan88
06-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Only difference is that the Lakers didn't 3 peat and Miami, if they get a decent C who could rebound and block shots while giving a little offense (like an Oden) probably will.

Demon11
06-23-2013, 02:53 AM
People gonna go nut on this reply of mine but watever..... records and how they did it maybe the same but they aint the same team. Kobe never had the talent like Dwade to play with. The Back2Back Lakers grew together to become Champions. Miami, lets face it too much talent on a roster that the was combined and played only for 4 seasons. They bought themselves to win rather the Lakers who grew together and eventually become Champions. Another difference you gotta consider this recent miami championship the road there was less difficult again, (even though they really had hard fought series) injuries to Rose, Deng, Hinrich then to Granger, out west Westbrook, Kobe, Nash i mean the injuries during this playoff run was so much. Injuries are part of the game though, all we gotta do is credit Miami for their accomplishment, no excuses.

I'm not so sure i'd say Wade more of an impact that Gasol.

mngopher35
06-23-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm not so sure i'd say Wade more of an impact that Gasol.

This years playoffs he definitely had less of an impact, last year he was a little better though.

NFLNBA
06-23-2013, 02:05 PM

This quote is legit. Lakers squad was not that great talent wise behind Kobe and Gasol. They were a team that was well coached and played great together like the Spurs basically. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Farmer, Sasha, Brown and i would say Bynum but he was hurt for both Finals and didnt play at all for the first ring they won. Heat on other hand has Lebron in prime, Wade only 30 yrs old, Bosh in prime, and a bunch of great players behind them...Allen,Miller, Battier, Chalmers, Cole,Birdman, Haslem and Lewis who was a great player and if played on another team would ave 20 pts a game prob lol This is Heat roster is the most staked team since the Bulls Jordan days and Magics Lakers.