PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan: Doc and Rondo almost fought each other

shep33
06-22-2013, 12:31 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Rajon Rondo f-bombed #Celtics coach Doc Rivers in a team meeting, and the two almost had a fistfight: sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/22/ron…

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2Wxn6UQ8Y

Link to article... but take with a grain of salt. Who knows what really happened

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/22/rondo-f-bombed-rivers-two-almost-fought/

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Major red flags went up with Rondo when it became obvious they were shopping him the last couple years. Dude seems like a real thickheaded kid to get across to.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2013, 12:32 PM
I believe that Rondo is a ***** to deal with but "almost had a fist fight" is a pretty subjective term.

shep33
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I believe that Rondo is a ***** to deal with but "almost had a fist fight" is a pretty subjective term.

I agree. Who knows what the hell happened. It's also Sheridan so it's probably wrong lol

Sactown
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah definitely especially since the media wants to create a headline.

Manimal
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Media always crushes Rondo when guys like Allen and Doc go chasing rings. It's always Rondo's fault right? Got nothing to do with these two guys being loved by the media. No matter what **** they do Doc and Ray are always "classy" and it's always Rondo's "fault".

shep33
06-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah definitely especially since the media wants to create a headline.

I will say though that Doc helped make this into a headline.

TheNumber37
06-22-2013, 12:49 PM
I would love Rondo as the Knicks starting guard.

Tyson for Rondo type deal?

mnatiq
06-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Meh. Most likely they yelled at each other.

Anyways rondo is the best player on the team why do they always wanna trade him away

slaker619
06-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Damn, but the team is gonna rebuild around rondo regardless.

Green_Monster
06-22-2013, 01:17 PM

Not sure if serious?

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

I highly doubt a 51 year old Rivers went after Rondo. :laugh2:

Rondo probably dropped an F-bomb though.

4milesperday
06-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Exit strategy: Talk up trade, if that does not work, start airing out each others laundry and then claim irreconcilable differences. Doc is done in Boston.

Manimal
06-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Exit strategy: Talk up trade, if that does not work, start airing out each others laundry and then claim irreconcilable differences. Doc is done in Boston.

This. For someone who is supposed to be classy and what not media generated ****. Doc is a coward and the way he uses the media to manipulate stories in his way is disgusting.

PraiseJesus
06-22-2013, 01:29 PM
That would be a good fight

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Rondo would **** Doc up like he did Humphries

Strumpy
06-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Eh, I side with Rondo on this one. For years your coach has been preaching being together (i.e unbuntu) and making sacrifices, then is the first to jump when the ship starts to sink? Yeah, I wonder how awkward that meeting was.

JC_
06-22-2013, 02:24 PM
This. For someone who is supposed to be classy and what not media generated ****. Doc is a coward and the way he uses the media to manipulate stories in his way is disgusting.

lol Doc is not the media. I have no idea what actually happend but Rondo has been an ******* for a long time.

Strumpy
06-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Wasn't Doc an analyst for a year or two?

RiceOnTheRun
06-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Rondo would not respect Woodson a single bit. If he's going to keep calling ISO plays consistently, Rondo's not gonna take that ****. He's a highly intelligent PG, probably one of the smartest in the league, and he won't tolerate "stupid" coaching. That's why I thought Doc was a great fit for him, because he's a smart coach and is willing to compromise with him instead of sticking to his own ideas and systems.

Actually, thinking about it now, if Rondo comes to NY and gets in Woody's face about playing too many ISOs, that might not be such a bad thing.

JEDean89
06-22-2013, 02:40 PM
I hope you all know that Sheridan's minimal credibility went even farther down when he left ESPN and started his own crappy site. He makes outlandish claims and people believe him. "Almost had a fist fight" WTF? Who can possibly determine if they were about to go to blows? I see coaches and players going at it all the time and pretty bad too. it doesn't mean **** and Sheridan needs to find something real to write about.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2013, 03:33 PM
If the Celtics were to make Rondo available for a trade what teams could you guys see being interested? DET? PHX? MIL? UT? SAC?

PAOboston
06-22-2013, 04:34 PM
If the Celtics were to make Rondo available for a trade what teams could you guys see being interested? DET? PHX? MIL? UT? SAC?

Utah and Detroit make a lot of sense to me from the ones you mentioned.

bagwell368
06-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I've spent the last 3 years and at least 300 posts on the Celts Forum and here outlining what a mess Rondo is:

1. His college Coach (Tubby Smith), pro Coach (Doc), pro GM have ALL labeled him uncoachable - although Tubby said he was misquoted a few years later. Coach K is said to loathe him, but he's too smart to go public. Rondo refused for years to follow the directions of his coaches re: free throws. He's had major disagreements with Doc and Ray Allen about the direction of the offense.

2. Rondo has been suspended, he's almost come to blows with a Celts broadcaster (Maxwell), broken team film equipment in a snit.

3. Rondo gets his triple doubles on National TV and against PG's said to be better then him. Go look at his performances against meh teams on local TV. How can a dog like that be leader?

4. Last year, DA, Doc, KG, and PP all labeled him as the leader. It didn't work, and Rondo demonstrated he's no longer interested in playing D, and that he's not above stat padding.

5. Rondo pouted for 16 games after the Perk deal, and his team fell from #1 seed in the East, which went a long way to finishing the Celts that year. He even admitted it afterwards. He's unreliable, moody, and generally a baby. He's no leader, and god forbid he becomes the #1 or #2 option on the Celts for scoring because his efficiency is putrid. He's a big man with 3 HOF'ers, but incapable of leading on his own.

As a Celtic fan of 46 years he makes me sick. Even worse are all the fawners he has - fans who never saw Bird, McHale, Parish, Havlicek, Russell, and others. I hope he's dealt before his myth is punctured for good.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
ray allen got the last laugh just look at the situation as a whole.