PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Finals: Were You Elated or Did It Leave a Bad Taste?

jam
06-22-2013, 06:48 AM
There were some great storylines in this year's finals:

1. TP's game winner in game 1
2. Danny Green's record setting 3 pt shooting
3. Lebron and Wade's struggles through the first 4 games
4. Two spectacular battles in games 6 and 7.

OTOH, I am reminded of why so many mainstream sports fans are so turned off by the NBA

1. the no-call against Chris Bosh, as he knocked Danny Green down and out. A pivotal no-call as it turns out.

2. Lebron's post series antics: in particular, his rant that he wasn't 'supposed to be here' was just plain idiotic. His silly attempt to portray himself as a rags to riches character was just stupid.

3. Aronson "thanking" David Stern.

I love basketball, but the corruption is really foul. I still watch the finals out of respect for the game, but one can't help but wonder how good the game could be under a commissioner who understands and loves the game.

stawka
06-22-2013, 07:21 AM
TP's fantastic game winner
Duncan performing at that level at age 73
LeBron/Wade struggling first few games
Bosh nothing in game 7
LeBron proving he is not a choker
Miami's epic comeback in game 6
LeBron taking over in game 7 and last quarter of game 6
Ray Allen with one of the most clutch shots in the history of the NBA
Battier doing nothing all series and knocks down 6 3's off the bench in game 7
Danny green... Enough said
Manu Ginobili MIA for 6 out of the 7 games
Duncan's blunders at the end of game 7
Pop's bad decisions at times

And FYI - Danny Green has come out and said that the Bosh block was indeed clean and definitely not a foul. A great series, enjoy it for what it was

t_money25
06-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Super elated!! I love to see the dissapointment of posters making threads like this in an attempt to keep the hate going. I can't wait to see some of the reactions when the Heat win again next season!!! Lmao

jam
06-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I don't hate lebron any more than lebron's mom hates delonte west. :)

I hate what this game has devolved into: a sad mockery of the most beautiful and pure sport in the world.

College basketball is far closer to what the game could and should represent, but of course I wonder what the game at the highest levels would look like if the officials actually enforced the rules and if the outcomes weren't rigged by the league.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see actual competition rather than pre-determined outcomes. Perhaps one day.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-22-2013, 09:38 AM
lmao @ this thread.

next time you make a bait thread, the least you could do is spell the Heat's owner's name correctly.

and lol @ comparing college ball to the pros, when its really between uconn or a couple of big unis in EITHER gender league.
too funny :laugh2:

Big Zo
06-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Perhaps some Bengay to relieve the hurting in your butt? :)

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 09:44 AM

OTOH, I am reminded of why so many mainstream sports fans are so turned off by the NBA

1. the no-call against Chris Bosh, as he knocked Danny Green down and out. A pivotal no-call as it turns out.

2. Lebron's post series antics: in particular, his rant that he wasn't 'supposed to be here' was just plain idiotic. His silly attempt to portray himself as a rags to riches character was just stupid.

I love basketball, but the corruption is really foul. I still watch the finals out of respect for the game, but one can't help but wonder how good the game could be under a commissioner who understands and loves the game.

ahh TPs game winner that stunned everyone..

man is that a heartbreaking loss for the Spurs.

and I agree, just let the teams play! it's even more entertaining probably just as profitable if we get to see nothing that pisses off us like bad calls

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-22-2013, 09:54 AM
did you guys even watch the finals or do you have memory loss? tony parkers shot wasnt a game winner, the spurs were already up by 2, he hit a BUZZER BEATER that increased the lead to 4 with 6 or less secs left IN THE GAME. honestly.. wtf are you blind?

no wonder Op's analysis is such BS. the dude is clearly blind.

ATX
06-22-2013, 10:41 AM

So much failure all over this post. Look, if you're not mature enough to take a loss then there is no need to go portray that about yourself to all of us here at PSD. These "Rigged" claims are as simple minded and pathetic as you can get as for talking points about the Heat B2B Chips.

Close this bait thread please...

KnickaBocka.44
06-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Super elated!! I love to see the dissapointment of posters making threads like this in an attempt to keep the hate going. I can't wait to see some of the reactions when the Heat win again next season!!! Lmao

Change your avatar, you're not allowed to bandwagon on NY teams.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Stupidest thread of all time, not surprised given the OP.

The Green foul was a great no-call. You don't decide Finals games on a sham of a foul call on a desperation prayer that had no chance of going in.

I will never hate on a player for speaking from the heart after an emotional rollercoaster, even if it comes off as arrogant. I will always hate on LeBron for his 'now its gonna be easy' speech after joining Miami and throwing a preseason championship parade, but people put too much stock into athletes on-the-whim public speaking skills. I would say some stupid, arrogant **** too in that situation.

Why wouldn't the owner thank the commissioner? The commissioner does everything he can to protect the owners and raise their revenue, thats basically his #1 priority. Players are the ones who hate him because he does that, but they have the Players Union to fight their battles.

jam
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
LMAO at the responses!

Rush
06-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Post quality threads. Is it that hard?