PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Maybe we are being fooled?

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where I actually might believe the crazy conspiracy theory NBA fans.

Didn't when they went off on why Jordan took off and played baseball.

Not when the #1 picks of the lottery seemed out of the ordinary and against all odds.

Not when Stern vetoed a CP3 trade to LA, so his new Shaq could get there, and what do you know, he did

and Not even when the Lakers got those fixed-looking calls against the Kings.

But this finals series seemed just too good to be true, and the disinterest in the players just sold it for me that this might be scripted, the final result at least. I'm not gonna write a good essay on why I believe so but think about a few things.

1.The Spurs had the series wrapped up in Game 6. All of a sudden they forgot how to win or do anything right? Id assume they don't want it to look obvious so they just have them play it out until they are needed to make changes, like the drastic change in the players at the end..to make the Heat look like they came back as heroes or something.

2.Ginobili is an all-star level player, there is no way, under any circumstance is he THAT bad. Especially as a veteran he can't be that nervous. He was airballing, turning it over, taking contested deep 3s.. it's like he was willing to take all the blame for the g7 loss, since he'll be back in Argentina (not europe) anyways after the series.

3.Lebron was literally wide open, practice shot open the entire game. They could shut him down some games, and yet game 7 they had a brand new gameplan to leave him WIDE open the entire game? Same with game 6, they literally gave him 3 chances at a wide open 3 same spot to win the game (and miraculously the Spurs COULD NOT grab easy rebounds?). This is what really got me. I could not understand what was going on, he was so wide open I was like have they just decide to make this as obvious as possible.

4.The disinterest of the players. The lack of emotion. The way Lebron was saying 'It ends tonight!' as if it were practiced and he was at a WWE mic before a match. It just all seemed so fake. Popovich just smiling at the buzzer to congratulate Spoelstra. Parker, Ginobili not looking like they care. Danny Green goes absolutely nuts one game, then can't make or take a normal shot.

But why did the Heat not win in 2011 if it's fixed? well Lebron got so much hate for initially going to Miami...I'm starting to believe that's a big reason why an underdog Dallas was given a championship. It was the most profitable option at the time, knowing Lebron would eventually win one anyway with the team he's on. It truly just feels like it's all for entertainment now and thats what the players are out there to do, and then take the fame/money/parties with it.

the sad thing is, after years past no one remembers any of the calls, no matter how outrageous. I, myself even will say Kobe has 5 rings, forgetting the Kings series which they probably should have lost. 2 years from now we will look back and give Lebron and Wade full credit for the championship they won in 2013. No one's going to remember Game 6 being controversial at the end.

I wouldn't know why though, the sports entertaining enough. Why does it have to be perfect all of a sudden. Is it the economy? Has the NBA really that desperate now post-Jordan era? or Is it just greed?

I really hope the results aren't scripted, and their is zero corruption in the league..because I love the NBA it's my favorite league by far always has been. But America is no community..It's all business. Wouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean the players show like little emotion when they win now it's like they knew it. Where is the tears for these lifelong dreams being accomplished...?

I mean why shouldn't they fix it? These guys care about money as much as the next guy, they'll all gladly play along for a bigger paycheck. I mean I'd estimate 80% of the people watching the finals are either drunk, casual/non-NBA fans just checking in to watch the game for social reasons, or unintelligent citizens with a TV at hand. The die hards, the intelligent basketball fans are the only ones gonna notice right? Take advantage of the larger demographic.

either way. hope I'm wrong
and congrats to the Miami Heat

COOLbeans
06-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Stopped reading when the op mentioned Ginobili was wiling to take the blame for the game 7 loss because he'll be, "BACK IN EUROPE". Op, he's not from Europe bro and no the spurs didn't throw the series lol

bucketss
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
so the nba timed it exactly so the spurs can be up 3 and with 21 secs left so ray allen can hit a miracle three, interesting.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
meh

bucketss
06-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Stopped reading when the op mentioned Ginobili was wiling to take the blame for the game 7 loss because he'll be, "BACK IN EUROPE". Op, he's not from Europe bro and no the spurs didn't throw the series lol

Lol, he also called ginobli an allstar.

Chronz
06-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Its all in your head. And what do you mean all of sudden they changed their gameplan? Hes been wide open this entire series.

Its hard to have faith in your couch bound psychiatry if you cant even recall defensive gameplans.

Shlumpledink
06-21-2013, 07:27 PM
The signs of spurs struggles were apparent before they lost game 6. They had trouble closing out games before, without Danny Green and Gary Neal playing out of their minds the spurs lose this series handily.

It reminded me of the series between the lakers and thunder a few years back. The thunder were losing a few of those games, and certain players like Harden were playing poorly, then the 4th quarter came around and they said, screw it I'm getting to the rim and playing hard defense, and they stole at least 2 games from the lakers.

It shows how athleticism can beat skill in todays nba.

As far as ginobilli air balling shots and looking bad. He has looked that way a lot this year. Also, turning the ball over is something that comes with his game. He has a very erratic game, he is a double edged sword, he will hurt your team or lead them to victory. It was evident that he was not himself well before the final games.

dalton749
06-21-2013, 07:31 PM
lmao

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I wasn't saying the bullet points forsure mean it's fixed. I meant they seemed questionable, and was really hoping for one of these guys who always say it's rigged to come bring some more to it.

t_money25
06-21-2013, 07:34 PM
The OP has too much free time on his hands.....SMH

ManRam
06-21-2013, 07:37 PM
i can't respond to all of that because i don't even know where to start...

but as for point #3, did you watch games 1-6? they did the same thing all series long - sloughing off wade and lebron - and it worked tremendously. they both got hot in game 7 and it killed the spurs...but that same gameplan got them within a ray allen prayer of winning a finals in 6 games.

oh, and manu has been a shell of himself for quite sometime now.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where I actually might believe the crazy conspiracy theory NBA fans.

Not when the #1 picks of the lottery seemed out of the ordinary and against all odds.

Not when Stern vetoed a CP3 trade to LA, so his new Shaq could get there, and what do you know, he did

But this finals series seemed just too good to be true, and the disinterest in the players just sold it for me that this might be scripted, the final result at least. I'm not gonna write a good essay on why I believe so but think about a few things.

1.The Spurs had the series wrapped up in Game 6. All of a sudden they forgot how to win or do anything right? Id assume they don't want it to look obvious so they just have them play it out until they are needed to make changes, like the drastic change in the players at the end..to make the Heat look like they came back as heroes or something.

2.Ginobili is an all-star level player, there is no way, under any circumstance is he THAT bad. Especially as a veteran he can't be that nervous. He was airballing, turning it over, taking contested deep 3s.. it's like he was willing to take all the blame for the g7 loss, since he'll be back in Argentina (not europe) anyways after the series.

3.Lebron was literally wide open, practice shot open the entire game. They could shut him down some games, and yet game 7 they had a brand new gameplan to leave him WIDE open the entire game? Same with game 6, they literally gave him 3 chances at a wide open 3 same spot to win the game (and miraculously the Spurs COULD NOT grab easy rebounds?). This is what really got me. I could not understand what was going on, he was so wide open I was like have they just decide to make this as obvious as possible.

4.The disinterest of the players. The lack of emotion. The way Lebron was saying 'It ends tonight!' as if it were practiced and he was at a WWE mic before a match. It just all seemed so fake. Popovich just smiling at the buzzer to congratulate Spoelstra. Parker, Ginobili not looking like they care. Danny Green goes absolutely nuts one game, then can't make or take a normal shot.

But why did the Heat not win in 2011 if it's fixed? well Lebron got so much hate for initially going to Miami...I'm starting to believe that's a big reason why an underdog Dallas was given a championship. It was the most profitable option at the time, knowing Lebron would eventually win one anyway with the team he's on. It truly just feels like it's all for entertainment now and thats what the players are out there to do, and then take the fame/money/parties with it.

the sad thing is, after years past no one remembers any of the calls, no matter how outrageous. I, myself even will say Kobe has 5 rings, forgetting the Kings series which they probably should have lost. 2 years from now we will look back and give Lebron and Wade full credit for the championship they won in 2013. No one's going to remember Game 6 being controversial at the end.

I wouldn't know why though, the sports entertaining enough. Why does it have to be perfect all of a sudden. Is it the economy? Has the NBA really that desperate now post-Jordan era? or Is it just greed?

I really hope the results aren't scripted, and their is zero corruption in the league..because I love the NBA it's my favorite league by far always has been. But America is no community..It's all business. Wouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean the players show like little emotion when they win now it's like they knew it. Where is the tears for these lifelong dreams being accomplished...?

I mean why shouldn't they fix it? These guys care about money as much as the next guy, they'll all gladly play along for a bigger paycheck. I mean I'd estimate 80% of the people watching the finals are either drunk, casual/non-NBA fans just checking in to watch the game for social reasons, or unintelligent citizens with a TV at hand. The die hards, the intelligent basketball fans are the only ones gonna notice right? Take advantage of the larger demographic.

Your eyes have been gently opened... Please don't close them ever again :clap: .

People still can't put two and two together... Lbj beat the Pistons by himself (a team with tougher defense then Dallas), but they will believe that Lbj was scared to play against chandler and Dirk...smh

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Your eyes have been gently opened... Please don't close them ever again :clap: .

People still can't put two and two together... Lbj beat the Pistons by himself (a team with tougher defense then Dallas), but they will believe that Lbj was scared to play against chandler and Dirk...smh

I can see what you're getting at. Id have to say Lebron had a lot of expectations tho (must win with heat) and a ton of hatred towards him which may have got to him. Also Dirk and fam did a great job getting in his head.

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:43 PM
I like how all the counter agruments (or rather just random insults because) are one either one or two points that I may have been wrong in. But fail to speak on the rest of the points. Yet I'm still completely 100% wrong here.

Maybe all of my points are wrong. But there's still other reason to believe the results have been fixed to an extent for years now.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 07:45 PM
so did they use remote control baskets or did the nba assume that allen was going to make that?

stern to kawahis ear phone "yo, miss this shot" lmaoo,

Chronz
06-21-2013, 07:46 PM

based on what?

bleedprple&gold
06-21-2013, 07:53 PM

If it is rigged, why would the nba choose to give Dirk a championship over the golden boy Lebron? Makes no sense.

Chrisstyles
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
This is some insight from a conspiracy guy no one can answer. WHY did one of the greatest coaches of all time take Diaw off Lebron in game 6 after Diaw shut down Lebron and was making him look pathetic on offense...PLEASE someone tell me that. In game 7 Diaw didn't guard Lebron the WHOLE game once again why not. Why is Danny Green and Gary Neal partying with the Heat at the club after they just lost against them. Plus I heard someone say that if you take the 3 heat finals appearances and the Lakers 3 first 3 finals appearances its all the same amount of games won and lost.

Is something fishy or what

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
If it is rigged, why would the nba choose to give Dirk a championship over the golden boy Lebron? Makes no sense.

Lebron was no golden boy in 2011. He was the most hated athlete in America that year. An underdog beating him that year was what everyone but Miami wanted.
Same reason to why NBA 2k said they werent gonna put him on the cover that year because they would get less sales.

bleedprple&gold
06-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Lebron was no golden boy in 2011. He was the most hated athlete in America that year. An underdog beating him that year was what everyone but Miami wanted.
Same reason to why NBA 2k said they werent gonna put him on the cover that year because they would get less sales.

OK so what changed in 2012, that they "allowed" him to get a championship. People still weren't anymore happy about the "Decision" a year later.

4milesperday
06-21-2013, 08:03 PM
This what happens when you're jobless and live in Colorado.

davids22
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
If the Heat win the Finals...
"Omg the NBA is so rigged!"

If the Spurs would have won...
"LOL Lebron can't even win with his stacked team! Such a loser! He'll never be MJ!"

Get over yourself OP.

Munkeysuit
06-21-2013, 08:07 PM
You don't play professional sports and probably have never even been close enough to an organization to even know what goes on...so how in the world are we to take you serious? please bro, its cool to speculate but please, please, please save yourself the embarrassment and talk about something you do know about.

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 08:08 PM
It is just speculation. Which is why I mentioned that. If you read the whole post you'd understand that.

PASS_THE_ROCK
06-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Plus come on, pop isn't so stupid as to just sit parker and Duncan at the end of the games like that, in such a critical game. Fooled us, dislike both teams but type of s h it makes the game look bad.

Sandman
06-21-2013, 08:16 PM
wait so its not even a stern or referee or magnets on the ball theory? obi wan ginobli was the orchestrator?

argentina is in europe?

JC_
06-21-2013, 08:20 PM
One thing I noticed in game 6 if you slow down Leonards missed free throw to super slow motion, something (almost like a ghost) flashes across the screen right infront of him just as he's about to shoot. Same thing happend when Duncan missed that shot in game 7 against Battier. I'm not saying it was something supernatural but it was something supernatural.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
This is some insight from a conspiracy guy no one can answer. WHY did one of the greatest coaches of all time take Diaw off Lebron in game 6 after Diaw shut down Lebron and was making him look pathetic on offense...PLEASE someone tell me that. In game 7 Diaw didn't guard Lebron the WHOLE game once again why not. Why is Danny Green and Gary Neal partying with the Heat at the club after they just lost against them. Plus I heard someone say that if you take the 3 heat finals appearances and the Lakers 3 first 3 finals appearances its all the same amount of games won and lost.

Is something fishy or what

because hindsight is 20/20 and he probably wanted to close it out with his best players out there.

really, we're crying conspiracy because Pops didn't keep BORIS ****ING DIAW in the game more?

Munkeysuit
I know it was speculation, dont let it bother you to the point where you assume i have no comprehensive skills lol, I was actually trying to be nice enough to slide over some advice...posts like these often draw the attention of the dudes who'd like nothing better to log in and ridicule you for it.

but please stay away from these types of speculations, aloha

Chrisstyles
One thing I noticed in game 6 if you slow down Leonards missed free throw to super slow motion, something (almost like a ghost) flashes across the screen right infront of him just as he's about to shoot. Same thing happend when Duncan missed that shot in game 7 against Battier. I'm not saying it was something supernatural but it was something supernatural.
Kadeem Hardison from 6th man...lol

Munkeysuit
06-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I know it was speculation, dont let it bother you to the point where you assume i have no comprehensive skills lol, I was actually trying to be nice enough to slide over some advice...posts like these often draw the attention of the dudes who'd like nothing better to log in and ridicule you for it.

ATX
06-21-2013, 08:24 PM

"LOL Lebron can't even win with his stacked team! Such a loser! He'll never be MJ!"

Get over yourself OP.

Exactly this.

IversonIsKrazy
06-21-2013, 08:47 PM
No. This is ridiculous. I hate Miami so much, and a HUGE spurs fan, but no this is not true. Game 6 will forever haunt Spur fans until the next time we win.

Swift Game
06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't read to much into conspiracy theories....but there were some weird instances in game 6 and 7....

Pop made some uncharacteristic moves that he normally does not make. The substitutions and leaving his main horses on the bench at the most critical times in the game.. And then giving congratulation kisses to the Miami players after game 7, and I have never seen that guy that happy even after his own team won titles. Just weird.

Just watching game 7 I never a thought that San Antonio could win that game no matter what happened.

Stern has always created poster players to carry the NBA for years...Bird, Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq etc...
And the stage was so clean for Lebron to look like the Super hero, in game 7 for all the chips, and he did play a great game no doubt. But he played pretty bad most of the Finals series and had a great game 7 performance...open shots etc. He finally started making shot which he deserves some respect in critical moments. The whole thing just seemed a bit fabricated and Stern got a nice retirement gift and his perception might be the NBA now is in good hands when I am gone because I left another star to be the face of the game.

Just a little weird because I felt that the Spurs outplayed the Heat for most of the Finals. The heat were favored to win since the start of the Season and the Spurs have come closer than most teams to win a title...28 seconds or so to be exact.

Its crazy to think that Lebron went to face of the game or could have gone to still working his way to solitify a legacy in a matter of a game because he shyed away from the pressure to win it all. I give him some credit though for hitting huge shots in the deciding game with all the pressure on...he gained some respect from me for that because that is what I thought he was missing to be compared to the true greats. I still think he needs a few more titles to be considered with Jordan/Magic/Russel/Jabbar/Kobe/Duncan etc. and some can debate that if they want that is just my opinion.

naps
06-21-2013, 11:30 PM
OP is having it rough since last night...Miami Heat is a bad bad team!

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 11:48 PM

Well I appreciate it man.. But really who cares if someone's going to ridicule you on a Forum. It's not like we know eachother in real life and guys who log in just look to ridicule on here is sadder than any conspiracy thread.

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 11:49 PM
OP is having it rough since last night...Miami Heat is a bad bad team!

I'm not a Spurs fan but I can't imagine how heartbreaking that was for them. Seeing it that close, having the entire season/playoffs lead up to outplaying the favorites and looking like you're gonna win then bam. last minute in Game 6 happened

Green_Monster
06-22-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't think it was fixed. But, Ginobilli not being able to catch a perfect pass from Parker, and then throwing it no where near his teammate when he was looking at him was weird.

Once again, I don't think it was fixed.

LayBraun
06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh my god!! Thank you for the comedy, I needed a good laugh.

Westbrook36
06-22-2013, 12:28 AM
The notion that the Spurs, one of the best franchises in the NBA this past decade just decided to let the Heat win game 6/7? Manu just tosses the ball out of bounds so that the Heat can come back? What a silly notion, Pops just goes, "Oh boy, I don't want another championship ring, let's give it to Lebron." Cause the Spurs would have all the incentive to throw away a championship...:rollseyes:..Although him smiling at the end of game 7 was a bit surprising, sportsmanship at all I suppose?

and Manu is an all-star type player? He hasn't been in two years, worn down player, about to retire.

Good series, not fixed at all.

Sly Guy
06-22-2013, 12:29 AM
I enjoy my conspiracy theories as much as the next guy wearing a tin foil hat. But the OP gives us all bad names

bleedprple&gold
06-22-2013, 01:50 AM
The notion that the Spurs, one of the best franchises in the NBA this past decade just decided to let the Heat win game 6/7? Manu just tosses the ball out of bounds so that the Heat can come back? What a silly notion, Pops just goes, "Oh boy, I don't want another championship ring, let's give it to Lebron." Cause the Spurs would have all the incentive to throw away a championship...:rollseyes:..Although him smiling at the end of game 7 was a bit surprising, sportsmanship at all I suppose?

and Manu is an all-star type player? He hasn't been in two years, worn down player, about to retire.

Good series, not fixed at all.

This. Why would the Spurs agree to just throw away the championship? If you think because they were paid off that is a very cynical view. These guys are already millionaires, do you think they are going to put in all this hard work all season and then just hand over the championship for a little extra $. And why would the nba feel the need to pay off the Spurs so the Heat can win anyway? Whether the Heat or Spurs won, the same people were going to be watching, the ratings were gonna be the same, profits were gonna be the same. I just don't understand where the OP is going with this. Not to mention if this ever got out it would compromise the entire league. It just seems way to risky for the league for little if any reward.

Korman12
06-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Welp, NBA is solved. Next sport, please.

mjt20mik
06-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Parker was injured. Manu is a shade of himself. TD was fatigued. This tied into the amazing play of Lebron and Wade gave Miami the ship. Not fixed.

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2013, 04:45 AM
The series was great because you had the best player in the game with a good but not all time supporting cast against one of the best coaches in sports history with against a team that embodies chemistry and teamwork and has so much experience and talent that it couldn't help but be competitive.

It is not scripted, you can't script a shot going in or almost going in, you can't script something that is bet on by legal means because that is a series criminal offense and impacts billions of dollars, if it was scripted then everyone that bet on the series could see the league, the advertisers, the players, refs, owners, owners privately held companies, etc....its not scripted.

rex.reyesiii
06-22-2013, 05:37 AM
No one's going to remember Game 6 being controversial at the end.

Controversial? How so?

mvb815
06-22-2013, 12:55 PM
This is the dumbest thread I ever read. Lebron was open because pop told his team to give him those shots, it's called coaching. All the other points are equally as painfully dumb

nickdymez
06-22-2013, 01:15 PM
op. Heat fans will just dismiss you. But ive been hearing this in real life the past couple weeks too. It almost sickening to me. It started with the Pacers series. Everything was predictable and the players looked like they were seriously acting.

Sactown
06-22-2013, 01:30 PM
op. Heat fans will just dismiss you. But ive been hearing this in real life the past couple weeks too. It almost sickening to me. It started with the Pacers series. Everything was predictable and the players looked like they were seriously acting.

So what about the Lakers rings? Were they rigged too?

Sactown
06-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Controversial? How so?

Everyone knows the officials telekinetically removed the ball from the basket on one of Kawhi's free throws

Heediot
06-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Ginoibli's play was highly suspicious.

Heediot
06-22-2013, 01:37 PM
It's just funny to me, how people are convinced the nba is not somewhat influenced.

nickdymez
06-22-2013, 01:38 PM
So what about the Lakers rings? Were they rigged too?

The Lakers who finished with the 7th seed? Yea I actually do think that was rigged..

Sactown
06-22-2013, 01:40 PM
The Lakers who finished with the 7th seed? Yea I actually do think that was rigged..

Obviously I SAID RINGS, so there's a good indication I wasn't talking about this season....

nickdymez
06-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Obviously I SAID RINGS, so there's a good indication I wasn't talking about this season....

So the Lakers 16 championships were all rigged?

Kashmir13579
06-22-2013, 01:44 PM
lol hilarious post

Sactown
06-22-2013, 01:45 PM
So the Lakers 16 championships were all rigged?

So you're implying that the Miami Heats rings were rigged but the Lakers weren't?

I've only ever been suspect of two series being rigged to obtain a certain outcome..

The Lakers and Kings, and I don't believe the NBA wanted one team to win either way, I believe they wanted a game 7..

And The Heats first title seemed suspect, but it seems like Mark Cuban would of gone ape **** if the NBA rigged a series against him..

Kashmir13579
06-22-2013, 01:45 PM
This is the dumbest thread I ever read. Lebron was open because pop told his team to give him those shots, it's called coaching. All the other points are equally as painfully dumb

hahahahaha this exactly

bucketss
06-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Controversial? How so?

basically, that 3rd quarter when lebron was getting sent on his behind with no calls, it was alirght, but if miami blocks a shot cleanly it should be called a foul, and if manu travels it should also be called a foul. thats how it works, very questionable if you ask me.

bucketss
06-22-2013, 01:52 PM

its funny he thinks this one was rigged, but 21 fourth quarter free throws for the LAKERS in the 2010 finals wasn't Lol.

jam
06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
The true basketball fans don't even pay attention to the NBA. It's not basketball. It's a joke.

Watch some college basketball. Those games are actual competitions between actual teams, real players and legitimate coaches.

bucketss
06-22-2013, 02:03 PM
The true basketball fans don't even pay attention to the NBA. It's not basketball. It's a joke.

Watch some college basketball. Those games are actual competitions between actual teams, real players and legitimate coaches.

can't wait for andrew wiggins to dominate, i use to watch this kid in toronto.

Kashmir13579
06-22-2013, 02:05 PM

lmfaoo true basketball fans only crop up to watch the NBA during Linsanity..

jam
06-22-2013, 02:13 PM
lmfao!!!! Ooooh. Burn! I'm cryin' man, I'm crying!

knicks for the 'ship! Ooooh burn! :)

lmfaoo true basketball fans only crop up to watch the NBA during Linsanity..

bucketss
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
lol jam use to be a knick fan during linasanity huh.

Chronz
06-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Your Reading comprehension needs alil work.

Chronz
06-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Yea that was the line that got me yawning.

How can you not see something so clear as day as the sag/wall strat that Pop implemented yet pretend to psycho analyze something much more subjective. Its one of the worst threads of the year, not because of his conspiracy either, Ive seen plenty conspiracy posts that didn't make me chuckle, rather made me think twice. But this is just lazy.

naps
06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm not a Spurs fan but I can't imagine how heartbreaking that was for them. Seeing it that close, having the entire season/playoffs lead up to outplaying the favorites and looking like you're gonna win then bam. last minute in Game 6 happened

That is called sports. What do you have such a hard time absorbing a thriller in sports? Are you even a fan of this game (There have been plenty of examples of crazy finishes of games throughout the years). You are making a fool of yourself here.

K0BE8124
06-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I think Danny green helped Lebron get his 2nd ring so he can party with them after the game because that's exactly what that bastard did, I wouldn't want him on my team, wtf do you go celebration right after a loss with the team that beat you, after you ended up sucking dick doing nothing last 2 games, it's like he was paid to suck balls, Danny green needs to be let go.... I would be extremely pissed off wanting to work harder not go party after a loss, some NBA players just don't get it.

Crackadalic
06-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Ill give the op credit. It's well thought out and written.

bucketss
06-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I think Danny green helped Lebron get his 2nd ring so he can party with them after the game because that's exactly what that bastard did, I wouldn't want him on my team, wtf do you go celebration right after a loss with the team that beat you, after you ended up sucking dick doing nothing last 2 games, it's like he was paid to suck balls, Danny green needs to be let go.... I would be extremely pissed off wanting to work harder not go party after a loss, some NBA players just don't get it.

what i don't get is why pop didn't bench him, i guess neals defence is just too much of a liability.

Chronz
06-22-2013, 04:04 PM

You know what would have really helped the Heat win?

NOT setting an NBA Finals record.

Danny played his game, there is nothing wrong with getting locked down after the start he gave the Spurs. Heat finally focused their attention on him and with TP/Manu unable to keep pace, thats pretty much the X-Factor the Spurs got this series.

And you have to realize that basketball is just a game. You can be pissed off about losing without it effecting your personal life. Would you have gotten rid of LeBron for partying with the Mavs? Cuz he sure as hell came back from that loss with a vengeance.

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Controversial? How so?

Controversial. Because the no-call on Ginobili's drive and arguably Bosh's foul on Green's 3 as well.

I will say Ginobili traveled on the play so I didn't think it was something to get as worked up about as people did.

but please don't B.S. you knew it was controversial, even both announcers said Ginobili was fouled.

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm not saying it's forsure rigged or anything of that sort. But I could clearly believe that it is all just a show now. I felt that way too at times.

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 04:27 PM
So you're implying that the Miami Heats rings were rigged but the Lakers weren't?

I've only ever been suspect of two series being rigged to obtain a certain outcome..

The Lakers and Kings, and I don't believe the NBA wanted one team to win either way, I believe they wanted a game 7..

And The Heats first title seemed suspect, but it seems like Mark Cuban would of gone ape **** if the NBA rigged a series against him..

That's the only two times I've been suspicious before about the league as well. But if It is able to happen EVER, that's enough isn't it? If there's any type of fixing or influence at any point shouldn't that raise any red flags?

Seriously all the final results seem so perfect it's like a show sometimes. This series I felt like that. I may have made a weak OP, but the main idea has some truth to it.

also lol at the posters trying to make a mockery of it when theres countless people, not on PSD, who believe the League isn't clean.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2013, 04:27 PM
OP took a lot of time and effort to write something so stupid.

lamzoka
06-22-2013, 05:02 PM
This thread deserved a facepalm

:facepalm:

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 05:04 PM
That is called sports. What do you have such a hard time absorbing a thriller in sports? Are you even a fan of this game (There have been plenty of examples of crazy finishes of games throughout the years). You are making a fool of yourself here.

What are you talking about? Most can agree that was one of the most heartbreaking losses to a series there has been in quite some time.

Chronz
06-22-2013, 05:32 PM
also lol at the posters trying to make a mockery of it when theres countless people, not on PSD, who believe the League isn't clean.

Get one of them to make your case for you then, when I mocked the thread it wasn't because of the idea, it was because of the delivery and utter lack of factual value.

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Get one of them to make your case for you then, when I mocked the thread it wasn't because of the idea, it was because of the delivery and utter lack of factual value.

Did I not mention that? i made it pretty clear I wasnt trying to make a big thread filled with evidence of why the league is corrupt.

Just felt the series was suspicious and speculated ideas that seemed suspicious and what people thought of it all.

bucketss
06-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Did I not mention that? i made it pretty clear I wasnt trying to make a big thread filled with evidence of why the league is corrupt.

Just felt the series was suspicious and speculated ideas that seemed suspicious and what people thought of it all.

i think what makes you look like a lunatic is, that you think the players are also in on it.

Goose17
06-22-2013, 06:04 PM
so the nba timed it exactly so the spurs can be up 3 and with 21 secs left so ray allen can hit a miracle three, interesting.

This^

These conspiracy series are so ridiculous its not even funny.

Think about this logistically, to pull this off you would need the cooperation of the refs, players of every team, coaching staff of every team, owners for every team, management for every team, the media AND the entire board of directors plus people inside ESPN and TNT etc.

It's close to impossible, in the modern era there's no way you could pull something like this off without being exposed.

It's also just too complicated, there's far to many variables, what if Ray or LBJ had missed those clutch jumpers? What if guys had inadvertently turned the ball over?

People who buy into these conspiracy theories tend not to actually think about them much.

And before anyone quotes this and mentions Donaghey. That's one guy manipulating a point spread, not the outcome of a game let alone a championship. And he was exposed.

Goose17
06-22-2013, 06:11 PM

"LOL Lebron can't even win with his stacked team! Such a loser! He'll never be MJ!".

This is so true it's disheartening^

Chronz
06-22-2013, 06:15 PM

I dont remember, tbh that post went in and out pretty quickly.

If there was any evidence wouldn't it have leaked by now?

I can give you a LONG list of suspicious games that conspiracy theorists could cling to as examples of rigging. Some more blatant than others but they do run from the the earliest days of NBA history. When its been this much a part of the sport, I just take it for what it is. Individual subjectivity, not part of some grand conspiracy.

odiz
06-22-2013, 06:15 PM
The bad shot selection and being prone to turnovers has always been a part of Ginoblis game. Its just becoming more pronounced now because hes older and just not as good as he used to be.

Goose17
06-22-2013, 06:26 PM

I dont remember, tbh that post went in and out pretty quickly.

If there was any evidence wouldn't it have leaked by now?

I can give you a LONG list of suspicious games that conspiracy theorists could cling to as examples of rigging. Some more blatant than others but they do run from the the earliest days of NBA history. When its been this much a part of the sport, I just take it for what it is. Individual subjectivity, not part of some grand conspiracy.

Wilts 100 point game was clearly a conspiracy to get the league more fans and money, RIGHT? RIGHT? validate my crazy opinion!!! Speculation is the next best thing to facts!

You should always be willing to ask questions but the NBA being rigged has always been 100% speculation. I can't think of a single shred of tangible evidence.

The conspiracy stuff just goes too far sometimes. Damn Stern and his reptilian ancestors!

archdevil84
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM

1: The fact that lebron james AND ray allen got those threes cannot be influenced and you can clearly see the spurs hustling for the rebound even though bosh got it.
2:Giniboli WAS an all star player. he hasnt played very well all year and neither did he play well in the finals. simple as that. its not like he is all of sudden stuggling mighty.
3:He has been wide open basicly the whole series. He just got his confidence going alot more in the last two games and thus took the shots and made them. Also lebron is just a great time player who you know will come up big in the big moments
4:Did you not see Duncan hitting the ground after he missed those shots at game 7? he was so frustrated he missed them. did you not see parker getting pumped up and trash talking after he made those two big shots in game 6? did you not see LEBRON TAKING OF HIS HEADBAND??? thats a great great deal of emotions if lebron takes of his headband for whatever reason if you ask me. Danny green got defended much better in games 6 and 7

Also i dont think the spurs would agree to letting miami won. as some others said, they have millions of cash already. They realy want those championships. Theyre not giving their (perhaps) last chance to win a title with their big three (two really) away for some extra cash. the fact that coach pop was smiling after the game 7 loss was probably because of respect for the way the miami heat defeated them. its not like he was smiling because they just lost game 7 of the NBA finals.

It just doesnt make any sense at all if you ask me for the NBA to be rigged. calls are gonna go to either team anyway. one game its the home team, the other game its the road team. its impossible to "rig" a series

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Not saying Spurs let Miami win. More so they dont have choice

bucketss
06-22-2013, 06:49 PM

did stern tell both ginobli and leaonard in their ear piece to miss those freethrows?

BcEuAbRsS
06-22-2013, 06:55 PM
When these threads pop up I always ask just one question, why watch if you think it's rigged?

Nick O
06-22-2013, 07:06 PM
loool i dont understand the people who say this. there are SO many reasons why you're wrong but my biggest about this finals was the fact that the spurs lost basically because of manu .. how much do you think they paid him?

OceanSpray
06-22-2013, 07:41 PM
You know what, for those saying NBA this year was fixed, how the hell did it come down to Allen having to shoot a 3? NBA would never put Miami in that predicament if it were fixed. The cost of Miami losing would've hurt them if it were fixed. That series wasn't fixed. ThugLife, you're a hater and that's why it seems fixed to you.

archdevil84
06-22-2013, 07:55 PM
lol because of what? would the spurs be banned from the league if they wouldnt lose? were they threatened to lose the game? were their wifes in danger or something? or maybe their kids?
cmon dude, you cant force a whole organisation to just "lose" a finals...

ThuglifeJ
06-22-2013, 09:09 PM
You know what, for those saying NBA this year was fixed, how the hell did it come down to Allen having to shoot a 3? NBA would never put Miami in that predicament if it were fixed. The cost of Miami losing would've hurt them if it were fixed. That series wasn't fixed. ThugLife, you're a hater and that's why it seems fixed to you.

Well not to keep the thread going. but..

Duncan out of the game (for a second time..), Lebron gets a good look at a 3. But he misses..but Bosh gets an easy rebound, so they get another chance to take a 3 with a wide open Lebron, but Ray saw a chance to take it again.

shouldn't happen.

Chrisstyles
06-22-2013, 09:36 PM
because hindsight is 20/20 and he probably wanted to close it out with his best players out there.

really, we're crying conspiracy because Pops didn't keep BORIS ****ING DIAW in the game more?

Yes I am if you wanna be a moron about it. Everybody knows defense wins ball games....having him play Lebron on D was probably the most important thing the Spurs could have done going into game 7.
Its a perfect conspiracy theory just because of people like you saying "really, we're crying conspiracy because Pops didn't keep BORIS ****ING DIAW in the game more" stuff like this not realizing something this small blew the whole game. That's the best way to make a conspiracy folks but whatever you still couldn't answer the theory right so its still on the table

natelpete
06-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Conspiracy theories can be fun to believe in, sometimes convenient, but ultimately unrealistic. There is NO WAY they could keep that many people silent about something as crazy as a rigged NBA Finals. I could see some sort of outlier (Tim Donaghy) but the Finals are setup to prevent that.

The people peddling this **** sound nuts. You are making yourselves seem like ***holes just to prove the point that you hate LBJ.

mvb815
06-23-2013, 12:29 AM
You know what sucks about being so ignorant op? You missed out on enjoying probably one of the best finals ever. Any unbiased basketball fan could sit back and enjoy the best the NBA had to offer and you write it off as a conspiracy. From this point on what's the point of watching? I'll just assume you and any others who agree with you are just blinded by heat hate to enjoy it, but as a raptors fan I sure did.

jam
06-23-2013, 06:37 AM
This is absolutely emblematic of the delusional, arrogant stupidity masquerading as 'common sense' among so called NBA fans.

The fact that we LOVE the game is what motivates us to be critical and to feel angry when the competitive integrity of the game is compromised so thoroughly, blatantly and repeatedly.

Stern has stewarded the game to unprecedented heights of popularity and revenue, but he has sacrificed the soul of the game in the process.

The officiating is so corrupt and so thoroughly revenue driven, I think the only thing that can right the ship at this point is to literally farm out the officiating completely to an independent agency, much in the same way that the UFC has no control or authority over the refs who are chosen instead by state athletic commissions.

It really has gotten that bad and slimey.

Anyway, like 99.9999% of the idiot posters here, you have no evidence to back up your dumb assertions, just blind personal, ad hominem attack which are obviously completely devoid of substance.

It's nice that people who disagree with us are too dumb to actually cite evidence, and expose themselves as the clueless sheep you all are. Have a nice day. :)

You know what sucks about being so ignorant op? You missed out on enjoying probably one of the best finals ever. Any unbiased basketball fan could sit back and enjoy the best the NBA had to offer and you write it off as a conspiracy. From this point on what's the point of watching? I'll just assume you and any others who agree with you are just blinded by heat hate to enjoy it, but as a raptors fan I sure did.

sunsfan88
06-23-2013, 07:30 AM
It's truly sad that the Heat winning the championship cause some people (mostly Laker fans) to become mentally ill.

It truly is depressing. The last thing this country needed was for more idiots to form.

Bruins2012
06-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Is the NBA rigged? Lets take a look and then decide for you’re self.
Let me first say I am a fan of basketball and always have been. I am a fan of most sports. I am not a fan though of the current NBA and find it hard to watch. I will present some ideas/theories on why the NBA is fixed. These are all theories that have been out for a while (I don’t claim any as my own) and can easily be found by searching the web.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=expertexplainsNBAbets

In 2010 David Stern instituted a new rule making virtually any reaction to a bad call a technical foul and an automatic $2,000 fine. Along with the very heavy fines received by many players, coaches, and owners who criticized officials, David Stern has created a culture where whistle blowing is met with severe fines and a lasting grudge from the Commissioners Office until you learn to tow the company line. The league is run through force and intimidation.
First lets look at a few of the most obvious reasons why people think the NBA is rigged; The Lottery, the Refs/Tim Donaghy, infamous games, and marketing are some of the reason. A reason why you don’t ever hear about this on networks like ESPN and TNT is because of the financial interests those companies have in the NBA. The issue is usually avoided or completely downplayed by those networks.

The lottery/Draft
For years, the NBA Draft Lottery has been a lightning rod for conspiracy theories. If you think about it, the fact that the NBA even has a lottery suggests a level of control. After all, why not follow the NFL model and simply give the top pick to the worst team? There have just been certain years where a team in a financially beneficial market has "won" the top pick even though their chances of getting the right ping-pong ball were quite low.
It's always good business for the NBA when the teams in the biggest TV markets end up with the best players, because bigger markets create more revenue for the league among other reasons. For instance, the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery has been long regarded as one of the best pieces evidence that the lottery is fixed because it shows evidence of NBA officials favoring the New York Knicks. First, you can see an accountant dropping some envelopes cleanly into the lottery drum ... except one that gets banged around the rim, creasing its corner. The best video I could find for this can be viewed here;
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-reasons-people-think-nba-as-rigged-as-wrestling/

What’s the point of drafting when most of the star players want to team-up in a major market anyway. Not to pick on the Heat but they have 3 of the top 5 picks on their team from the 2003 NBA Draft, how does that help with parity in the league?

Tim Donaghy/Referees
The refs don't directly affect the whole game. They're power comes from the results they indirectly affect. Players may change their tendencies to work around how the refs are calling the game. Let's say the ref calls two offensive fouls in a row on a player. That player may be much softer on the next possession, which may result in a bad pass or a bad shot. You have to look at the big picture. It's not just about the calls. It's about the pattern of calls. You'd have to analyze each game again to know the effect of the calls made. Players adjust to how refs are calling the game. The games are never completely fair. One side will have an advantage because of calls whether it's intentional or not.

Technical fouls – It does seem like a problem has arisen. In previous seasons, technical fouls were handed out for infractions occurring after play had ceased, such as fighting, yelling and gesticulating at refs, repeatedly arguing calls, or being visibly disrespectful to the refs. Players could also get called for technical fouls for leaving their benches unnecessarily (read: when players on the court start fighting).
This season, however, refs are much more technical happy, T-ing players up for offenses that, in previous seasons, wouldn’t have even registered. It seems that players can hardly breathe without receiving a technical foul. In addition to previously known offenses, players can no long talk to the refs about any call, regardless of their tone, attitude, or level of aggression. And in addition to expanding the definition of a technical foul-worthy offense, David Stern has also raised the fine associated with these fouls. In 2010, players are now fined $2,000 for each of their first five technical fouls, $3,000 for each of the next five, and $4,000 for technical fouls 11-15. Starting at their 16th, players are suspended one game for every two technical’s, along with $5,000 for each.
Technical fouls, when issued correctly, have their place in the NBA. We’re not talking about a gang of kids playing pick up ball at the park here. This is a multi-billion dollar industry and regulations are needed. Technical’s for fighting, running off the bench into the game, and blatant disrespect towards the refs are understandable. They keep the game from getting out of control and prevent players from exacting revenge on each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V36qX2_-Ko

Tim Donaghy made headlines when it was discovered that he bet on NBA games and reportedly made calls to impact the point spread. While the league painted Tim as a rogue individual rather than a systemic problem, it left another seed of doubt in the minds of many fans. The FBI documented references among other alleged improprieties that Donaghy disclosed to federal law enforcement officials. Among them:
• "Tim gave information on how top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees to boost ticket sales and television ratings," the letter reads. "He also described how nepotism played a far greater role than qualifications in a number of referee hiring’s."
• "Tim explained the league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so would hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the letter adds. "As an example, Tim explained how there were times when a referee supervisor would tell referees that NBA Executive X did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or remove them from the game. In January 2000, Referee D went against these instructions and elected a star player in the first quarter of the game. Referee D later was privately reprimanded by the league for that ejection."
• In addition to game-altering allegations, Donaghy's letter claims that many officials carry on "relationships" with team executives, coaches and players that violate their NBA contracts. For example, it said, referees broke NBA rules by hitting up players for autographs, socializing with coaches, and accepting meals and merchandise from teams.
"Tim described one referee's use of a team's practice facility to exercise and another's frequent tennis matches with a team's coach," the letter says.
• the letter also alleges that during a 2005 playoff series, "Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials. Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

Dick Bavetta;
Crawford wanted the game over quickly so he could kick back, relax, and have a beer; [Dick Bavetta] wanted it to keep going so he could hear his name on TV. He actually paid an American Airlines employee to watch all the games he worked and write down everything the TV commentators said about him. No matter how late the game was over, he'd wake her up for a full report. He loved the attention.
That very first time Jack and I bet on an NBA game, Dick was on the court. The team we picked lost the game, but it covered the large point spread and that's how we won the money. Because of the matchup that night, I had some notion of who might win the game, but that's not why I was confident enough to pull the trigger and pick the other team. The real reason I picked the losing team was that I was just about certain they would cover the spread; no matter how badly they played. That is where Dick Bavetta comes into the picture.
From my earliest involvement with Bavetta, I learned that he likes to keep games close, and that when a team gets down by double-digit points, he helps the players save face. He accomplishes this act of mercy by quietly, and frequently, blowing the whistle on the team that's having the better night. Team fouls suddenly become one-sided between the contestants, and the score begins to tighten up. That's the way Dick Bavetta referees a game — and everyone in the league knew it.
Studying under Dick Bavetta for 13 years was like pursuing a graduate degree in advanced game manipulation. He knew how to marshal the tempo and tone of a game better than any referee in the league, by far. He also knew how to take subtle — and not so subtle — cues from the NBA front office and extend a playoff series or, worse yet, change the complexion of that series.

Look up other referees on Steve Javie Derrick Stafford and Jess Kersey Tommy NunezJoey Crawford, Greg Willard/Floyd Mayweather.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Infamous games
Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals, Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals and game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals. These are some of the most notoriously rigged games.

2002 NBA Playoffs: Sacramento Kings vs LA Lakers
Related to the Donaghy situation are specific games that have caused some fans to scratch their heads for years. One of the more famous (or infamous) games was during the 2002 NBA Playoffs. Specifically, the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Sacramento Kings in Game 6, despite many questions about how the game was officiated. The game was so scrutinized, that Ralph Nader called for an investigation. Ralph Nader is a Harvard Law Graduate and American political activist, as well as an author, lecturer, and attorney. "There were some suspicions that the referees that were chosen were company men," Nader said. "[Stern] doesn't have to say anything. He doesn't even have to wink in their direction. They know an extra game means more revenue. There should be a non-partisan commission and an independent review," Nader said. "David Stern has a conflict of interest."
The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.
The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.
In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scott Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.
"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."
After the game Michael Wilbon wrote in the Washington Post that too many of the calls in the 4th quarter were “stunningly incorrect,” all against Sacramento, and he stated that “I have never seen officiating in a game of this consequence as bad as that in Game 6.”

The Lakers went on to win the 2002 NBA championship.

Part 1 (look up the other parts as you go)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdOe4IxIvo0

Game 7 2000 Western Conference Finals
People remember Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals for the incredible comeback by the Lakers culminating in the most famous alley-oop in NBA history.
What people don't remember are the bad calls that led to it.
The Lakers had a 37-16 free-throw advantage in that game. Two of Portland's biggest stars (Scottie Pippen and Arvydas Sabonis) fouled out. Neither was as high profile as franchise player Rasheed Wallace, but you could argue that they were more important in this particular game.
Why? It could be because they were assigned to cover Kobe and Shaq.
The free-throw advantage is one thing. When one team is shooting 21 more free throws than the other, it doesn't look very good. But when 12 of those fouls come at the expense of the guys responsible for holding down the opponent's two biggest stars, it starts to look really suspicious. (If you're wondering, Pippen averaged less than three fouls per game over his career.)
With Sabonis out of the game, the Blazers had to defend Shaq—at his absolute apex—with 6'8'' Brian Grant.
From Tim Donaghy;
The quote in question comes in the section regarding Dick Bavetta. It reads:
The 2002 series certainly wasn't the first or last time Bavetta weighed in on an important game. He also worked Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Trail Blazers. The Lakers were down by 13 at the start of the fourth quarter when Bavetta went to work. The Lakers outscored Portland 31-13 in the fourth quarter and went on to win the game and the series. It certainly didn't hurt the Lakers that they got to shoot 37 free throws compared to a paltry 16 for the Trail Blazers.

Game 5 2006 NBA Final Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks
David Stern decided that game 5 would be his chance to pay back all his sponsors. Dwayne Wade who was a spokes person for Converse, Gatorade, T-mobile cell phones, Lincoln cars & whose Jersey is in the top 3 in sales was the benefactor. In total Wade went to the foul line 25 X's, There were 5 separate fouls on Wade in which he was never touched. The Internet bloggers refer to them as the Phantom Fouls. Miami as a team went to the line 49 X's to Dallas 25 X's. Dallas finished with 6 more field goals 11 more rebounds & lost the game by one. Both of Dallas low post defenders were in foul trouble Diop fouled out Dampier finished with 5 fouls.

Moving parts and marketing mindset, David Stern
The NBA has established a certain marketing strategy to promote particular teams and particular players, a marketing strategy that is partially achieved by rigging the league. Avakian chronicles how Stern promoted the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers, during the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson era in the 1980s. Avakian points out that the Celtics were promoted as a stereotypical “white, lunch bucket, blue collar, work ethic team,” and the Lakers were promoted as a “sanitized, watered-down version of playground basketball.” So, as Avakian explains, for a period of time in the NBA Finals you had these two poles of the “working class” team and the sanitized, watered-down “playground team,” which has an element of racism. In this regard, Avakian also brings out the comparison between the NBA and the minstrel shows, where most of the players in the league are African-American, while the games are played in front of white audiences and that the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson/Celtic-Lakers rivalry played into this.
Unlike leagues like Major League Baseball where the commissioner has stubbornly stuck with archaic aspects of the game, the NBA has always been a marketing machine. This was especially true during the 1980s, when the league figured out that marketing individual players was a key part of generating fan interest. This has contributed to speculation that the league might tamper with certain elements in order to maximize revenue. Basketball has fewer moving parts than other sports, and can theoretically be influenced more easily. Again, this isn't to say that the league intentionally did anything. However, many fans are still suspicious.

In 2011, and with a potential NBA lockout looming on the horizon (read: potential wasted millions), Stern held a closed-door meeting with players union chief Billy Hunter and many of the league's stars. Hunter claimed in the meeting that David Stern no longer had the sway David Stern thought David Stern did. Stern reportedly
Told the room full of people he knows where "the bodies are buried" in the NBA. “It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’
“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”
Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

Tracy McGrady;
“Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it
seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was
rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA...I don’t care. But yeah it seemed like it
was rigged. With all the calls he was getting. Jesus. Did
you hear me? We are talking about the NBA Finals, I wish
I could say I was just kidding, and that’s what it seemed
like.
I’m serious a lot of my friends watched the games, watched the
finals, and that’s the way they say it to me. They are like,
from watching the game here, it seems like it is rigged. I
was like man.”

Rasheed Wallace;
"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.
"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Phil Jackson on Mark Cuban and the 06 Finals;
Jackson said while Cuban has toned down over the years, he believes the outspoken owner's criticism of referees might have cost the Mavericks the 2006 NBA Finals against Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat.
"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.''
By pecking order, Jackson meant coaches can bark at officials from the sideline, but ownership sniping from the courtside seats doesn't help the cause.
In that series, Cuban was fined $250,000 by the league for his Game 5 outburst. He was cited for "several acts of misconduct" committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime. Furious with several calls, Cuban went onto the floor to vent directly to official Joe DeRosa, and then stared in the direction of commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials in the stands. Talking to the media afterward, he wasn't shy with the profanity. Cuban reportedly said “F*#k you! Your league is rigged!” to David Stern after game 5 of the NBA Finals. Cuban would later back away from his comments.
Miami won the championship in six games after Dallas had a 2-0 series lead.

Jeff Van Gundy;
“Before game 3 I got a call from another official in the NBA who’s not in the playoffs who I’ve known forever, and they told me they were looking at Yao Ming harder because of Mark Cuban’s complaints, and it proved prophetic the last couple of games. I didn’t think that really worked in the NBA but in this case, it has.”
David Stern fined Van Gundy $100,000 for revealing that an official told him this and also threatened to ban Van Gundy from the league. Van Gundy then later backed away from his comments.

I think Bill Simmons wrote a few excellent articles on this topic, here are some excerpts;
"I don't think the NBA fixes games, but they have one trick that they use for situations like this -- when they want a home team to win the game, they invariably assign the worst referees possible to that game for two reasons: Bad referees have a tendency to get swayed by the home crowd, and bad referees never have the stones to make a tough call on the road. In a related story, I went to 35 Clippers games this year and kept a list of the referees in my pocket, which I also used to follow the referees for any televised games. And yes, the referees in the NBA -- as a whole -- have never been worse. But there were six referees that stuck out as being especially terrible."
…Considering I brought this up LAST spring, do you find any of this a little strange? Why aren't the best referees calling these games? Why do the worst ones always seem to get assigned to games in which it would be better for the league if the home team won? Why am I the only one who notices this stuff or seems to care? Why do I find myself watching these games and concentrating more on the one-sided officiating than some of Wade's spectacular plays? As my buddy House e-mailed on Monday morning: "I don't think I can take much more of NBA refs insisting on controlling the outcomes of the most significant games. The NBA is a disgrace and should be completely embarrassed. I hate this game."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070722

More Bill Simmons;
NBA Is Rigged For The Lakers To Make The Playoffs 2012 Conspiracy;
http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2013/04/04/nba-is-rigged-for-the-lakers-to-make-the-playoffs/

For those who need visual evidence I present the following videos;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsqtgjVw_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pikd-9qqQ1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw9g1efbNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd2UNqtYjg

The NBA where;
Conspiracies happen, betting happens, diving (its getting a little better) happens, traveling happens, horrible officiating happens, extended series happen, phantom calls happen, palming the basketball happens, make-up calls happen, technical fouls happen, rigged games happen (?).

jam
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
The evidence for rigging is overwhelming.

The mentally inept sheep will always tow the company line and resort to name calling (see what I did there?), but they can never argue against evidence.

Let me first say I am a fan of basketball and always have been. I am a fan of most sports. I am not a fan though of the current NBA and find it hard to watch. I will present some ideas/theories on why the NBA is fixed. These are all theories that have been out for a while (I don’t claim any as my own) and can easily be found by searching the web.
In 2010 David Stern instituted a new rule making virtually any reaction to a bad call a technical foul and an automatic $2,000 fine. Along with the very heavy fines received by many players, coaches, and owners who criticized officials, David Stern has created a culture where whistle blowing is met with severe fines and a lasting grudge from the Commissioners Office until you learn to tow the company line. The league is run through force and intimidation.
First lets look at a few of the most obvious reasons why people think the NBA is rigged; The Lottery, the Refs/Tim Donaghy, infamous games, and marketing are some of the reason. A reason why you don’t ever hear about this on networks like ESPN and TNT is because of the financial interests those companies have in the NBA. The issue is usually avoided or completely downplayed by those networks.
The lottery/Draft
For years, the NBA Draft Lottery has been a lightning rod for conspiracy theories. If you think about it, the fact that the NBA even has a lottery suggests a level of control. After all, why not follow the NFL model and simply give the top pick to the worst team? There have just been certain years where a team in a financially beneficial market has "won" the top pick even though their chances of getting the right ping-pong ball were quite low.
It's always good business for the NBA when the teams in the biggest TV markets end up with the best players, because bigger markets create more revenue for the league among other reasons. For instance, the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery has been long regarded as one of the best pieces evidence that the lottery is fixed because it shows evidence of NBA officials favoring the New York Knicks. First, you can see an accountant dropping some envelopes cleanly into the lottery drum ... except one that gets banged around the rim, creasing its corner. The best video I could find for this can be viewed here;
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-reasons-people-think-nba-as-rigged-as-wrestling/

What’s the point of drafting when most of the star players want to team-up in a major market anyway. Not to pick on the Heat but they have 3 of the top 5 picks on their team from the 2003 NBA Draft, how does that help with parity in the league?

Tim Donaghy/Referees
The refs don't directly affect the whole game. They're power comes from the results they indirectly affect. Players may change their tendencies to work around how the refs are calling the game. Let's say the ref calls two offensive fouls in a row on a player. That player may be much softer on the next possession, which may result in a bad pass or a bad shot. You have to look at the big picture. It's not just about the calls. It's about the pattern of calls. You'd have to analyze each game again to know the effect of the calls made. Players adjust to how refs are calling the game. The games are never completely fair. One side will have an advantage because of calls whether it's intentional or not.

Technical fouls – It does seem like a problem has arisen. In previous seasons, technical fouls were handed out for infractions occurring after play had ceased, such as fighting, yelling and gesticulating at refs, repeatedly arguing calls, or being visibly disrespectful to the refs. Players could also get called for technical fouls for leaving their benches unnecessarily (read: when players on the court start fighting).
This season, however, refs are much more technical happy, T-ing players up for offenses that, in previous seasons, wouldn’t have even registered. It seems that players can hardly breathe without receiving a technical foul. In addition to previously known offenses, players can no long talk to the refs about any call, regardless of their tone, attitude, or level of aggression. And in addition to expanding the definition of a technical foul-worthy offense, David Stern has also raised the fine associated with these fouls. In 2010, players are now fined $2,000 for each of their first five technical fouls, $3,000 for each of the next five, and $4,000 for technical fouls 11-15. Starting at their 16th, players are suspended one game for every two technical’s, along with $5,000 for each.
Technical fouls, when issued correctly, have their place in the NBA. We’re not talking about a gang of kids playing pick up ball at the park here. This is a multi-billion dollar industry and regulations are needed. Technical’s for fighting, running off the bench into the game, and blatant disrespect towards the refs are understandable. They keep the game from getting out of control and prevent players from exacting revenge on each other.

Tim Donaghy made headlines when it was discovered that he bet on NBA games and reportedly made calls to impact the point spread. While the league painted Tim as a rogue individual rather than a systemic problem, it left another seed of doubt in the minds of many fans. The FBI documented references among other alleged improprieties that Donaghy disclosed to federal law enforcement officials. Among them:
• "Tim gave information on how top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees to boost ticket sales and television ratings," the letter reads. "He also described how nepotism played a far greater role than qualifications in a number of referee hiring’s."
• "Tim explained the league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so would hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the letter adds. "As an example, Tim explained how there were times when a referee supervisor would tell referees that NBA Executive X did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or remove them from the game. In January 2000, Referee D went against these instructions and elected a star player in the first quarter of the game. Referee D later was privately reprimanded by the league for that ejection."
• In addition to game-altering allegations, Donaghy's letter claims that many officials carry on "relationships" with team executives, coaches and players that violate their NBA contracts. For example, it said, referees broke NBA rules by hitting up players for autographs, socializing with coaches, and accepting meals and merchandise from teams.
"Tim described one referee's use of a team's practice facility to exercise and another's frequent tennis matches with a team's coach," the letter says.
• the letter also alleges that during a 2005 playoff series, "Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials. Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

Dick Bavetta;
Crawford wanted the game over quickly so he could kick back, relax, and have a beer; [Dick Bavetta] wanted it to keep going so he could hear his name on TV. He actually paid an American Airlines employee to watch all the games he worked and write down everything the TV commentators said about him. No matter how late the game was over, he'd wake her up for a full report. He loved the attention.
That very first time Jack and I bet on an NBA game, Dick was on the court. The team we picked lost the game, but it covered the large point spread and that's how we won the money. Because of the matchup that night, I had some notion of who might win the game, but that's not why I was confident enough to pull the trigger and pick the other team. The real reason I picked the losing team was that I was just about certain they would cover the spread; no matter how badly they played. That is where Dick Bavetta comes into the picture.
From my earliest involvement with Bavetta, I learned that he likes to keep games close, and that when a team gets down by double-digit points, he helps the players save face. He accomplishes this act of mercy by quietly, and frequently, blowing the whistle on the team that's having the better night. Team fouls suddenly become one-sided between the contestants, and the score begins to tighten up. That's the way Dick Bavetta referees a game — and everyone in the league knew it.
Studying under Dick Bavetta for 13 years was like pursuing a graduate degree in advanced game manipulation. He knew how to marshal the tempo and tone of a game better than any referee in the league, by far. He also knew how to take subtle — and not so subtle — cues from the NBA front office and extend a playoff series or, worse yet, change the complexion of that series.

Look up other referees on Steve Javie Derrick Stafford and Jess Kersey Tommy NunezJoey Crawford, Greg Willard/Floyd Mayweather.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Infamous games
Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals, Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals and game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals. These are some of the most notoriously rigged games.

Related to the Donaghy situation are specific games that have caused some fans to scratch their heads for years. One of the more famous (or infamous) games was during the 2002 NBA Playoffs. Specifically, the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Sacramento Kings in Game 6, despite many questions about how the game was officiated. The game was so scrutinized, that Ralph Nader called for an investigation. Ralph Nader is a Harvard Law Graduate and American political activist, as well as an author, lecturer, and attorney. "There were some suspicions that the referees that were chosen were company men," Nader said. "[Stern] doesn't have to say anything. He doesn't even have to wink in their direction. They know an extra game means more revenue. There should be a non-partisan commission and an independent review," Nader said. "David Stern has a conflict of interest."
The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.
The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.
In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scott Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.
"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."
After the game Michael Wilbon wrote in the Washington Post that too many of the calls in the 4th quarter were “stunningly incorrect,” all against Sacramento, and he stated that “I have never seen officiating in a game of this consequence as bad as that in Game 6.”

People remember Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals for the incredible comeback by the Lakers culminating in the most famous alley-oop in NBA history.
The Lakers had a 37-16 free-throw advantage in that game. Two of Portland's biggest stars (Scottie Pippen and Arvydas Sabonis) fouled out. Neither was as high profile as franchise player Rasheed Wallace, but you could argue that they were more important in this particular game.
The free-throw advantage is one thing. When one team is shooting 21 more free throws than the other, it doesn't look very good. But when 12 of those fouls come at the expense of the guys responsible for holding down the opponent's two biggest stars, it starts to look really suspicious. (If you're wondering, Pippen averaged less than three fouls per game over his career.)
With Sabonis out of the game, the Blazers had to defend Shaq—at his absolute apex—with 6'8'' Brian Grant.
From Tim Donaghy;
The 2002 series certainly wasn't the first or last time Bavetta weighed in on an important game. He also worked Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Trail Blazers. The Lakers were down by 13 at the start of the fourth quarter when Bavetta went to work. The Lakers outscored Portland 31-13 in the fourth quarter and went on to win the game and the series. It certainly didn't hurt the Lakers that they got to shoot 37 free throws compared to a paltry 16 for the Trail Blazers.

David Stern decided that game 5 would be his chance to pay back all his sponsors. Dwayne Wade who was a spokes person for Converse, Gatorade, T-mobile cell phones, Lincoln cars & whose Jersey is in the top 3 in sales was the benefactor. In total Wade went to the foul line 25 X's, There were 5 separate fouls on Wade in which he was never touched. The Internet bloggers refer to them as the Phantom Fouls. Miami as a team went to the line 49 X's to Dallas 25 X's. Dallas finished with 6 more field goals 11 more rebounds & lost the game by one. Both of Dallas low post defenders were in foul trouble Diop fouled out Dampier finished with 5 fouls.

The NBA has established a certain marketing strategy to promote particular teams and particular players, a marketing strategy that is partially achieved by rigging the league. Avakian chronicles how Stern promoted the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers, during the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson era in the 1980s. Avakian points out that the Celtics were promoted as a stereotypical “white, lunch bucket, blue collar, work ethic team,” and the Lakers were promoted as a “sanitized, watered-down version of playground basketball.” So, as Avakian explains, for a period of time in the NBA Finals you had these two poles of the “working class” team and the sanitized, watered-down “playground team,” which has an element of racism. In this regard, Avakian also brings out the comparison between the NBA and the minstrel shows, where most of the players in the league are African-American, while the games are played in front of white audiences and that the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson/Celtic-Lakers rivalry played into this.
Unlike leagues like Major League Baseball where the commissioner has stubbornly stuck with archaic aspects of the game, the NBA has always been a marketing machine. This was especially true during the 1980s, when the league figured out that marketing individual players was a key part of generating fan interest. This has contributed to speculation that the league might tamper with certain elements in order to maximize revenue. Basketball has fewer moving parts than other sports, and can theoretically be influenced more easily. Again, this isn't to say that the league intentionally did anything. However, many fans are still suspicious.

In 2011, and with a potential NBA lockout looming on the horizon (read: potential wasted millions), Stern held a closed-door meeting with players union chief Billy Hunter and many of the league's stars. Hunter claimed in the meeting that David Stern no longer had the sway David Stern thought David Stern did. Stern reportedly
Told the room full of people he knows where "the bodies are buried" in the NBA. “It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’
Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

Tracy McGrady;
like.
was like man.”

Rasheed Wallace;
"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.
"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Jackson said while Cuban has toned down over the years, he believes the outspoken owner's criticism of referees might have cost the Mavericks the 2006 NBA Finals against Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat.
"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.''
By pecking order, Jackson meant coaches can bark at officials from the sideline, but ownership sniping from the courtside seats doesn't help the cause.
In that series, Cuban was fined $250,000 by the league for his Game 5 outburst. He was cited for "several acts of misconduct" committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime. Furious with several calls, Cuban went onto the floor to vent directly to official Joe DeRosa, and then stared in the direction of commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials in the stands. Talking to the media afterward, he wasn't shy with the profanity. Cuban reportedly said “F*#k you! Your league is rigged!” to David Stern after game 5 of the NBA Finals. Cuban would later back away from his comments.

Jeff Van Gundy;
“Before game 3 I got a call from another official in the NBA who’s not in the playoffs who I’ve known forever, and they told me they were looking at Yao Ming harder because of Mark Cuban’s complaints, and it proved prophetic the last couple of games. I didn’t think that really worked in the NBA but in this case, it has.”
David Stern fined Van Gundy $100,000 for revealing that an official told him this and also threatened to ban Van Gundy from the league. Van Gundy then later backed away from his comments.

I think Bill Simmons wrote a few excellent articles on this topic, here are some excerpts;
"I don't think the NBA fixes games, but they have one trick that they use for situations like this -- when they want a home team to win the game, they invariably assign the worst referees possible to that game for two reasons: Bad referees have a tendency to get swayed by the home crowd, and bad referees never have the stones to make a tough call on the road. In a related story, I went to 35 Clippers games this year and kept a list of the referees in my pocket, which I also used to follow the referees for any televised games. And yes, the referees in the NBA -- as a whole -- have never been worse. But there were six referees that stuck out as being especially terrible."
…Considering I brought this up LAST spring, do you find any of this a little strange? Why aren't the best referees calling these games? Why do the worst ones always seem to get assigned to games in which it would be better for the league if the home team won? Why am I the only one who notices this stuff or seems to care? Why do I find myself watching these games and concentrating more on the one-sided officiating than some of Wade's spectacular plays? As my buddy House e-mailed on Monday morning: "I don't think I can take much more of NBA refs insisting on controlling the outcomes of the most significant games. The NBA is a disgrace and should be completely embarrassed. I hate this game."

More Bill Simmons;
http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2013/04/04/nba-is-rigged-for-the-lakers-to-make-the-playoffs/

The NBA where;
Conspiracies happen, betting happens, diving (its getting a little better) happens, traveling happens, horrible officiating happens, extended series happen, phantom calls happen, palming the basketball happens, make-up calls happen, technical fouls happen, rigged games happen (?).

ThuglifeJ
06-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the help Jam. Not saying I agree with all of that, but I can definitely see a lot of it to be true. Especially the Lakers/Kings series, and Im a big Shaq/Kobe fan. I just remember after that series, and all the rant about it being rigged ruined so much of the NBA to me. The fact that the league wasn't fully 'fair' killed me.. Knowing even if my favorite team/player made it so far, I'd have to worry about if they are even allowed to win it all..

and the problem with 'sheep' is that they are the majority everywhere with everything. NBA fans are no different, probably only 20% of the viewers are actual die hard intelligent basketball fans. So if only 80% (just guessing) are only casual viewers, unintelligent, or below age 15, etc etc then Stern will have little to worry about seeing as he's gonna be profiting off the majority.

It could be just like WWE fans for example, over half of those fans think it's real. Either because they are just too young to know or are stupid.

CHILL20
06-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Seriously though, people in this thread have claimed that none of the "conspiracy theorists" show a shred of evidence. Well I really would like to see what all the naysayers have to say about ALL that evidence in the above post.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

NoahH
06-24-2013, 01:29 AM
At the #2 point about Ginobili I stopped reading and skimmed the rest. How can anyone believe these finals were scripted? I find it ridiculous. If anything it should make everyone realize that there is NO conspiracy. Game 6 was insane and unless David Stern had a FREAKING REMOTE CONTROL BASKETBALL how was that game scripted? David Stern set it up just so the HEAT were down three and LeBron missed a 3 at the perfect angle for it to get tipped to Ray Allen who nails a three in the corner? That last 35 seconds of regulation in game 6 was some sheer luck for the HEAT i must say. Ginobili and Danny Green **** the bed in game 6 and 7 simple as that. Players do that from time to time. What would David Stern have gotten from having the Spurs throw the game 7 anyways? Plus the Spurs were one missed layup from Duncan from tying it and potentially winning it. To believe that the finals was scripted is ludicrous and giving David Stern too much credit for scripting such a precise and unbelievably entertaining finals.

Now im not saying by any means that the NBA doesn't have its hand in SOME of the happening around the league. I believe that some of the conspiracy theories have a shred of truth for sure and maybe the NBA stretches out series where it can but I cant imagine the Spurs threw the finals.

jam
06-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Don't bother. You can't debate these issues with the mentally deficient kids who dominate this discussion board.

It is what it is. The NBA is entertainment. It is thoroughly corrupt, but that's true for all of the major college and pro sports. PED's, pay-offs to high school kids, their families, to college athletes, PED's in amateur competition, all of this is commonplace.

What the NBA adds is corrupt officiating, controlled by Stern, and his desire for "global expansion," ie maximum revenue at the cost of competitive integrity.

Lots of people want to believe in a perfect world, where presidents are elected, where santa claus is santa claus and not some **** trying to scam a few bucks during the holidays, and where nba games are decided on their merits.

You can't ever let the truth spoil the fantasies of the naive.

90-95% of the U.S. is walking around in a stupor. These debates are pointless.

Seriously though, people in this thread have claimed that none of the "conspiracy theorists" show a shred of evidence. Well I really would like to see what all the naysayers have to say about ALL that evidence in the above post.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

Bruins2012
06-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the help Jam. Not saying I agree with all of that, but I can definitely see a lot of it to be true. Especially the Lakers/Kings series, and Im a big Shaq/Kobe fan. I just remember after that series, and all the rant about it being rigged ruined so much of the NBA to me. The fact that the league wasn't fully 'fair' killed me.. Knowing even if my favorite team/player made it so far, I'd have to worry about if they are even allowed to win it all..
and the problem with 'sheep' is that they are the majority everywhere with everything. NBA fans are no different, probably only 20% of the viewers are actual die hard intelligent basketball fans. So if only 80% (just guessing) are only casual viewers, unintelligent, or below age 15, etc etc then Stern will have little to worry about seeing as he's gonna be profiting off the majority.

It could be just like WWE fans for example, over half of those fans think it's real. Either because they are just too young to know or are stupid.

No problem, enjoyed doing it...and I think you mean thanks Punk of Funk! :sigh:

Bruins2012
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
At the #2 point about Ginobili I stopped reading and skimmed the rest. How can anyone believe these finals were scripted? I find it ridiculous. If anything it should make everyone realize that there is NO conspiracy. Game 6 was insane and unless David Stern had a FREAKING REMOTE CONTROL BASKETBALL how was that game scripted? David Stern set it up just so the HEAT were down three and LeBron missed a 3 at the perfect angle for it to get tipped to Ray Allen who nails a three in the corner? That last 35 seconds of regulation in game 6 was some sheer luck for the HEAT i must say. Ginobili and Danny Green **** the bed in game 6 and 7 simple as that. Players do that from time to time. What would David Stern have gotten from having the Spurs throw the game 7 anyways? Plus the Spurs were one missed layup from Duncan from tying it and potentially winning it. To believe that the finals was scripted is ludicrous and giving David Stern too much credit for scripting such a precise and unbelievably entertaining finals.

Now im not saying by any means that the NBA doesn't have its hand in SOME of the happening around the league. I believe that some of the conspiracy theories have a shred of truth for sure and maybe the NBA stretches out series where it can but I cant imagine the Spurs threw the finals.

The finals were pretty good, better than usual officiating. Most of my post has to do with past series that were much more obviously rigged. I was going to include more series but I got tired of writing.

Bruins2012
06-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Don't bother. You can't debate these issues with the mentally deficient kids who dominate this discussion board.

It is what it is. The NBA is entertainment. It is thoroughly corrupt, but that's true for all of the major college and pro sports. PED's, pay-offs to high school kids, their families, to college athletes, PED's in amateur competition, all of this is commonplace.

What the NBA adds is corrupt officiating, controlled by Stern, and his desire for "global expansion," ie maximum revenue at the cost of competitive integrity.

Lots of people want to believe in a perfect world, where presidents are elected, where santa claus is santa claus and not some **** trying to scam a few bucks during the holidays, and where nba games are decided on their merits.

Great point. :hi5:
Don't even get me started on the sham that the US elections are in this country.

FYL_McVeezy
06-24-2013, 10:56 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm glad you said it and not me, but I agree with your post 100%

FYL_McVeezy
06-24-2013, 11:21 AM
The lottery/Draft

Tim Donaghy/Referees

Dick Bavetta;

Infamous games

From Tim Donaghy;

Tracy McGrady;
like.
was like man.”

Rasheed Wallace;

Jeff Van Gundy;

More Bill Simmons;

The NBA where;

Thanks for this info! Def something to think about. Although the people who blindly think there is no way possible for the league to manipulate games will not read this....it's much easier to shout obscenities and blindly dismiss the notion than it is to be a critical thinker and come to your own conclusion.

No one can prove that games are rigged, but there is enough evidence out there to at least be suspicious

FYL_McVeezy
06-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Exactly this! This is why I don't like sharing ideas in threads like these.....majority of the people on this board (and in America for that matter) are walking brain dead zombies, waiting for the media to create their opinions for them. So yes, these debate are pointless on this board, however you can share these ideas with the few who have an open eye

Bruins2012
06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for this info! Def something to think about. Although the people who blindly think there is no way possible for the league to manipulate games will not read this....it's much easier to shout obscenities and blindly dismiss the notion than it is to be a critical thinker and come to your own conclusion.

No one can prove that games are rigged, but there is enough evidence out there to at least be suspicious

The Celtics (my favorite team) and the 2008 playoffs is when any "doubts" I had went away after watching how suspiciously horrible officiating manipulated game after game. Hoorible officiating doesn't even begin to describe what was going on during those playoffs for a few different teams.

bucketss
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM
No problem, enjoyed doing it...and I think you mean thanks Punk of Funk! :sigh:

i didn't read your humongous post but do you think the players are in on it llike the op is suggesting?

Bruins2012
06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
i didn't read your humongous post but do you think the players are in on it llike the op is suggesting?

No I don't think the players, coaches, gm's, etc. are in on it. I think it starts and ends with the Commissioner's Office and the refs.
More along the lines of this (below), except I think the C.O & and refs are directly connected and games are intentionally manipulated and the C.O has a few refs who are company men and are always reffing particular games in which the outcome appears fixed.

CHILL20
06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
In the past I would have agreed with you that the coaches and players weren't in on it. However, its not the refs that I feel took Game 6 and 7 away from the Spurs...it was coach Pop. There is no doubt in my mind. He made some of the most horrible, questionable coaching decisions probably seen in a long time over the course of those two games. I think someone else said it in another thread, 3 billion people in the world and any bum off the street could have won Game 6, ANYBODY. But Pop can't? BS.

I don't know what was up with Ginobli, but he was beyond terrible. Even still, they should have won this series (even if he was throwing the game away constantly) quite easily in that Game 6 with those 28 seconds. The refs, surprisingly weren't that bad.