PDA

View Full Version : Championship news!

4milesperday
06-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Shane Battier celebrates championship at Denny's

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/shane-battier-celebrated-huge-game-7-heat-back-154253797.html

Danny Green and Drake celebrates with Miami

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/danny-green-made-appearance-heat-championship-celebration-173557340.html

Game 7 draws second highest rating on ABC

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9410408/game-7-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs-draws-2nd-highest-prelim-rating

JC_
06-21-2013, 02:57 PM
haha Denny's. I was wondering why that reporter kept asking Battier what he's going to eat.

still1ballin
06-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Danny green wtf?

If I were the spurs I would be pissed especially after that performance

ManRam
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
these teams clearly don't hate each other :shrug: surprising to see green out there, but i don't have a huge issue with them going out to de-stress.

denny's is a solid decision. can't beat a grand slam!

bal_ravens
06-21-2013, 03:16 PM
"I heard Manu showed up too. However, he couldn't get in because he accidentally threw his ticket away." :no:

Big Zo
06-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I thought Danny Green was sick...

Poem33
06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
okay why is danny green there. that is just stupid.. how does he have the nerve to celebrate MIAMI's championship when it hasnt even been 24 hours!

Sly Guy
06-21-2013, 03:48 PM
who says danny was 'celebrating'? Could just be he went to pay his respects to people he's known, competed against and played with for a long time. Why do you have to hate the people you play against? I never understood that mentality. Hate does not necessarily make you play harder.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:58 PM
who says danny was 'celebrating'? Could just be he went to pay his respects to people he's known, competed against and played with for a long time. Why do you have to hate the people you play against? I never understood that mentality. Hate does not necessarily make you play harder.

What? You aren't making much sense. Who goes to a party for a Miami Heat celebration to respect someone? That's disrespect to the Spurs organization. Danny Green could've showed his respect on the court when the game finished. He has the audacity to take a shower, dress up, and follow the Miami Heat roster to a party after they just lost a heartbreaking series? If it was anyone else besides the Spurs roster, it would've been acceptable. The fact that it was a tough series and one of their own players? That shows you don't care enough.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Not the 1st time that's happened regarding a player of the losing team partying it up that night with the champs. Their long season is over, that's where the big party is. So be it.

UPRock
06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
People forget that Danny played for Cleveland with LeBron.

Slug3
06-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Not that I agree with what he did, but Lebron and Green have been pretty good friends.

4milesperday
06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
How do you spot fair weather Heat fans? They hold up 2 fingers in pics, signalling Heat's '2' championships :(

flgatorsandjags
06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
How do you spot fair weather Heat fans? They hold up 2 fingers in pics, signalling Heat's '2' championships :(

The Heat has 3 though

4milesperday
06-21-2013, 06:13 PM
The Heat has 3 though

Well, that's how you know Heat bandwagon fans. They think God created the Heat...and Lebron on the same day

slaker619
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Be weak if Green went to #MIA tho

Snakeyestx
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
That's just the kind of guy Battier is ... really down to earth - we knew that in his post-game interviews here in Houston too.

Moons over Myhammy (no pun intended, but the coincidence is uncanny) must have been served this morning ~~D:

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 06:40 PM
stupid. thought I liked Danny Green now I can go back to how much I hated his shooting form (even tho he's really good at 3s).

Really hate the way the NBA is changing. Opponents practicing together? Partying after getting beat in the finals together?

You cannot convince me this is reasonable. Just stupid that is all.

rockbottom2010
06-21-2013, 07:13 PM
danny green gonna join lebron in south beach

IversonIsKrazy
06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't care if they are even best friends, he should pay his respect after the game on the court. I don't get how u find the feeling of going to a club to "pay your dues", Gtfo. U don't "pay your dues" at a Club. Especially they WAY Spurs lost. Back-to-back heartbreakers, looking at the face of Duncan after the press-conference, that's what everyones reaction should've been. They lost the finals, Miami nvr won it. Gotta be the most depressing way to lose the Finals.

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 07:21 PM
If my best friend beats me in a sport I don't feel good about it. Just saying. Even if we are going out that night, I still would feel bummed I got bested by him.

why is there such a lack of competitiveness in todays game. Durant and Lebron practice together? WTF

seriously so if Lebron snags his wife for a night is he gonna be like oh hey man you got it fair and square buddy lets go get somethin to eat!

Jenceman
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
You're all idiots. Quit telling people how to live their lives

t_money25
06-21-2013, 07:30 PM

X1000.....I have no problem with what Danny Green did. Stuff like this happens all the time. This is how today's NBA players are. The majority don't hate each other like players in the 80's and the early 90's did and you shouldn't expect them to.

Theyhateme459
06-22-2013, 11:01 AM

Thank you!!! At the end of the day this is just a game they play for entertainment! Nothing life threatening or serious. Fans sometimes lack this perspective and get upset when players don't treat it like its the end of the works.

I have no issue with this. Nothing you can do about the past... It's a game. Live life to enjoy yourself. So after a tough season and tough finals capping in south beach you don't want to go wollow in your hotel room, go have fun and party with friends.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I really don't see a problem with Green doing that. He's not celebrating Miami's championship just because he attended the same club. Thats obviously where **** was going down in MIA, and if I just lost the championship I would go drink my face off too, and he spent years with LeBron so he knows the guy. I don't think this way any more than a 'congrats, LeBron' .... 'thanks dog, proud of that 3 point performance you put up this series, keep doing your thing' type of ****.