PDA

View Full Version : (Realistically) Howard Should Join Who, for Best Shot At a Title Next Season?

Dade County
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
OKC - They can get rid of players to sign Howard (Perkins & Ibaka)
Houston - Howard can outright sign with them.
Bulls - They would need to ship players out.
Portland - It's sad, Howard might night even look their way.
Warriors - They would need to ship players out also, just to make this deal happen.
Clippers - Only way is through sign and trade or outright dump players.
Atl - Cp3 would have to join him here
Dallas - I think mark cuban F'ed up.

Also... You can discuss other key free agents, that can make teams into REAL contenders.

shep33
06-21-2013, 02:16 PM
He can make the Lakers into a real contender if he stays. Maybe not next year but the 5-6 years after that most definitely

rockets-fan
06-21-2013, 02:28 PM
He can make the Lakers into a real contender if he stays. Maybe not next year but the 5-6 years after that most definitely

How? Not being negative just wandering how is he going to make a Kobeless lakers team into a contender? 2014 free agency or what ?

tr3ymill3r
06-21-2013, 02:30 PM
The Lakers are already selling new Howard jerseys, CP3 jerseys and the 2014 LeBron jerseys.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 02:32 PM
either with Durant in OKC or Rose in CHI.

houston is the third team

EL_MACHETE
Okc

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Sefo / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf- Ibaka / Collison
C- Howard / Thabeet

+ 12th pick, 29th pick, 32th pick

Dynasty!!

rockets-fan
As for me I go with Houston, because the thread said realistically, OKC would be NBA favorites if he went there but who would take Perkins off them? And the clips would give him a better chance to if griffin wasn't traded to get him which is unrealistic, so I say Houston with Harden,Parsons and company. Gives him a shot for many years to come AND that Young team is only going to get better every year.

rockets-fan
06-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Okc

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Sefo / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf- Ibaka / Collison
C- Howard / Thabeet

+ 12th pick, 29th pick, 32th pick

Dynasty!!

Unstoppable, but Ibaka would have to be traded, plus I'm sure a few picks...soooo no

seikou8
06-21-2013, 02:36 PM

in 5 years lol lakers fans will kill them self without a finals appearance for 5 years its all 2014 the lakers ethier reload or rebuild

Chacarron
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
He is not a winner.

Stunner
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Chicago would have been perfect

Rose
Jimmy
Deng
Booz
Howard

But I'm sure either Jimmy or Deng would be shipped out with Noah for Howard . I'll do Deng and Noah for Howard and Earl Clark but not many Bulls would I don't think . A healthy Howard is a beast but seeing the player Noah had turned into I would think long and hard .

diu9leilomo
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
It will be Houston no doubt. Teaming with harden can definitely contend for finals in the west. It will be Tmac Yao combo 2.0

EL_MACHETE
06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Unstoppable, but Ibaka would have to be traded, plus I'm sure a few picks...sooo no,

Amnesty Perkins, Trade Sefo with the 12th pick and move up to get Oladipo or Caldwell- Pope.
Then see if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka can restructure their contracts a bit or See if Howard can take a paycut..

Ino it probably won't happen but if He wanted to win multiple Championships then Okc is the place to go

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Until he realizes that he's less like Shaq and more like Ben Wallace it doesn't matter where he goes.

As long as he continues to think he's the kind of center you can just throw the ball to for buckets and pout when he doesn't get it he won't improve...

3RDASYSTEM
06-21-2013, 02:55 PM
It will be Houston no doubt. Teaming with harden can definitely contend for finals in the west. It will be Tmac Yao combo 2.0

a lower level combo, HARDEN is no TMAC and YAO would easily put up better offensive numbers had he stayed healthy and being 7'5'' is a defensive wall in itself

rockets-fan
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
a lower level combo, HARDEN is no TMAC and YAO would easily put up better offensive numbers had he stayed healthy and being 7'5'' is a defensive wall in itself

Yea but there'd have the supporting cast this time, Parsons,Lin, Asik, etc...

Yao and tmac had no one when they were both healthy...the year arrest came tmac was done

diu9leilomo
06-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Harden just hit his prime, you don't think he will get better? And you don't need Dwight to put up 20pts a game when you have harden

akesh99
06-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Okc
gsw
chi

broncofangene
06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Lol@portland

tkshy
06-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Miami

ll_eric_ll
06-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Obviously, he should go with tha last player to beat tha deff. back to back NBA CHUMPS,... n that would be ma boiii DIRK!!!! he and CP3.

greg_ory_2005
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Raptors obviously

JordansBulls
06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
The Bulls to make the EC more interesting.

lol, please
06-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Warriors.

Curry
Iggy
Barnes
Lee
Howard = 'ship.

Crackadalic
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Realistically? The rockets. They can mimick what Orlando did and space the floor with 3pt shooters which they already have. Only difference is Howard never had a player like harden in Orlando. I'd get a stretch 4 and have Omar back him up.

rockets-fan
06-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Warriors.

Curry
Iggy
Barnes
Lee
Howard = 'ship.

That team would be so entertaining to watch I'd have to watch them every game too haha, is this lineup at all possible?

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
That team would be so entertaining to watch I'd have to watch them every game too haha, is this lineup at all possible?

No it's not lol. Unless they ship many of players off

GThawks
06-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Hawks with CP3 is his best shot.

shep33
06-21-2013, 05:15 PM
How? Not being negative just wandering how is he going to make a Kobeless lakers team into a contender? 2014 free agency or what ?

I don't think we contend next year unless we steal some more players lol. But in 2014 moving forward, we have all the cap room in the world and LA is a pretty marketable buy for stars.

Next year, we aren't going anywhere without a miracle.

All that being said, I'm still not even sold 100% on Howard being the guy we build around. Do I want him back? Sure. But if he left it honestly wouldn't bug me very much.

shep33
06-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Hawks with CP3 and Al seems like the most logical choice for next year.

The biggest advantage is that he gets to go back to the East.

Mr.Nate30
06-21-2013, 05:28 PM
not that the Spurs look his way with their 20 mil in cap space but best chance to win would probably be in San Antonio

TheNumber37
06-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Howard can't be the best and win it all.

he needs to play with Paul or perhaps curry or Kyrie

Snakeyestx
06-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Houston - hands down.

No S&T needed.

Paul wants to play with Howard, now that the Rivers deal failed, he's a serious flight risk, and Houston has the cap room to lure him here too (a little pay cut for the ultimate starting 5).

Paul - 1
Harden - 2
Parsons - 3
Asik - 4
Howard - 5

shep33
06-21-2013, 06:28 PM
I would say San Antonio, but I just don't think him and Pop would work

foonaka
06-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Until he realizes that he's less like Shaq and more like Ben Wallace it doesn't matter where he goes.

As long as he continues to think he's the kind of center you can just throw the ball to for buckets and pout when he doesn't get it he won't improve...

This is the best analogy I've read about Dwight Howard. You nailed it right on the head. I don't care where he goes, I just don't want him on my team anymore if he's going to continue to cry about not being the #1 option. He is NOT a #1 option.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Houston - hands down.

No S&T needed.

Paul wants to play with Howard, now that the Rivers deal failed, he's a serious flight risk, and Houston has the cap room to lure him here too (a little pay cut for the ultimate starting 5).

Paul - 1
Harden - 2
Parsons - 3
Asik - 4
Howard - 5

Asik wouldn't start (bad spacing)

I would say San Antonio, but I just don't think him and Pop would work

You are right; Howard couldn't handle that type of coach.

Triple_Ocho
06-21-2013, 06:53 PM

The Lakers have a history of bringing in the best players to surround it's stars. If Dwight wants a legacy, he will stay with the franchise that makes big men legends.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 07:10 PM
The Lakers have a history of bringing in the best players to surround it's stars. If Dwight wants a legacy, he will stay with the franchise that makes big men legends.

But the Master Mind died... Why should Howard trust his off-spring?

3RDASYSTEM
06-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Yea but there'd have the supporting cast this time, Parsons,Lin, Asik, etc...

Yao and tmac had no one when they were both healthy...the year arrest came tmac was done

True but I was basing it on being 100pct healthy combo, so they could absorb not having a deeper team because TMAC was that good and YAO was no slouch, he was a skilled big, its not close as a combo if healthy now I think about it

BcEuAbRsS
06-21-2013, 07:36 PM
I'd love for Dwight to be a Bull. Regardless what most Bulls fans think, Dwight is miles and miles better than Noah. I'd gladly move Deng + Noah + 20th for Dwight and MWP. Boozer and Dwight are long-time friends and I think they could work well together. Rose/Belinelli/Butler/Boozer/Howard with a bench of Hinrich/MWP/Gibson with some 3 point shooters and they are a better team, IMO. After 2014 you Amnesty Boozer and bring Mirotic over and have the stretch 4 that likely works best with Howard. Rose/Belinelli/Butler/Mirotic/Howard would be extremely fun to watch, not to mention the quality bench that could be erected with the removal of Boozer's final year.

The Lakers also become better with Nash/Kobe(I think he comes back before the playoffs)/Deng/Gasol/Noah.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 07:42 PM
San Antonio is the best team for him and anyone that say otherwise is just being a homer....the Spurs have 21 million in cap space, the best PG in the league in Parker, Kahwi Leonard, TimDuncan and Danny Green, Howard can develop into a great pick and roll center and with Parker he can get good looks, Chip Engelland can work on his jump shot and free throws and he will make the Spurs a title contender while having a elite supporting cast.

RC Buford knows how to build elite teams around good big men he will have Timmy to mentor him, the Spurs don't throw players under the bus in fact maybe the spurs is what he needs.

Sorry but the Spurs are the best fit for him and if he wants to win titles then the only teams he should look at is OKC, Miami and SAS all other teams are irrelevant.

Personally I would love to sign Josh Smith and I can't stand Howard but if Howard cared about titles and not money or diva status then SAS, Miami and OKC are the only teams that should be on his list

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd love for Dwight to be a Bull. Regardless what most Bulls fans think, Dwight is miles and miles better than Noah. I'd gladly move Deng + Noah + 20th for Dwight and MWP. Boozer and Dwight are long-time friends and I think they could work well together. Rose/Belinelli/Butler/Boozer/Howard with a bench of Hinrich/MWP/Gibson with some 3 point shooters and they are a better team, IMO. After 2014 you Amnesty Boozer and bring Mirotic over and have the stretch 4 that likely works best with Howard. Rose/Belinelli/Butler/Mirotic/Howard would be extremely fun to watch, not to mention the quality bench that could be erected with the removal of Boozer's final year.

The Lakers also become better with Nash/Kobe(I think he comes back before the playoffs)/Deng/Gasol/Noah.

No way the Lakers do that deal The Laker are not granting a sign and trade to help Howard get that 30 million and see him happy on the team of his choice.

richiesaurus310
06-21-2013, 07:51 PM
If Howard wants to win next year why not sign a one year deal with the Heat for the MLE? I know it's crazy and would never ever happen, but that is his best chance to answer OP's question.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 07:53 PM
This is the best analogy I've read about Dwight Howard. You nailed it right on the head. I don't care where he goes, I just don't want him on my team anymore if he's going to continue to cry about not being the #1 option. He is NOT a #1 option.

I agree since that stupid tweet came out that SAS was one of his desired teams a lot of Spurs fans want him and think Coach Pop can fix him which is not the case Pop wants player that will buy into the Spurs philosophies and Howard is not that guy....I think San Antonio is the best fit for him with what they do and how they use big men but Howard ego and attitude is not good for this team

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 07:54 PM
If Howard wants to win next year why not sign a one year deal with the Heat for the MLE? I know it's crazy and would never ever happen, but that is his best chance to answer OP's question.

If your good at something never do it for free or cheap, no he deserves more than the MLE and the problem is that the Heat have Lebron, Wade and Bosh no way he will be the fourth option or even the third option on the Heat...

BcEuAbRsS
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
No way the Lakers do that deal The Laker are not granting a sign and trade to help Howard get that 30 million and see him happy on the team of his choice.

Yes, because letting him walk while their championship window continues to shrink smaller every year makes any sense. I really don't care what the Lakers say, but simply letting Howard walk is moronic.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Yes, because letting him walk while their championship window continues to shrink smaller every year makes any sense. I really don't care what the Lakers say, but simply letting Howard walk is moronic.

The lakers don't care if he resigns with them or not, the way they see it is if he sign somewhere else they can use the cap relief when GASOL, Kobe and World peace come off the books next season.

You see the laker are smart, real smart they know Lebron could opt out next year and the Lakers will be prime contenders for Lebron...next year so having almost 39 million in cap space next year will put them right back into championship contention after the Kobe Era.

If Lebron wants to increase his brand what better for world wide popularity than Los Angeles and at the end of the day he is a businessman.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
there are only 4 teams in play IMO: LAL, HOU, DAL, ATL...in order. the rest aren't happening and might as well have been grouped together as an "other" category.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:09 PM
there are only 4 teams in play IMO: LAL, HOU, DAL, ATL...in order. the rest aren't happening and might as well have been grouped together as an "other" category.

None of them are title contenders (accept maybe Lakers) even with him on their roster so he doesn't want titles he wants money and popularity....

He wants titles OKC, SAS and Miami are the only teams he needs to look....period!

I hope he signs with Atl that way we can snipe Josh Smith

BcEuAbRsS
06-21-2013, 08:10 PM
The lakers don't care if he resigns with them or not, the way they see it is if he sign somewhere else they can use the cap relief when GASOL, Kobe and World peace come off the books next season.

You see the laker are smart real smart they know Lebron could opt out next year and the Laker will be prime contenders for Lebron......Wade, Bosh.....and others become free agents next year so having almost 39 million in cap space next year will put them right back into championship contention while having Kobe.....

If Lebron wants to increase his brand the Lakers are the best destination for him and at the end of the day he is a businessman.

Okay, and trading for Deng and Noah essentially do the same damn thing except for it allowing them to make one final run with Kobe in 2014. Deng is a free agent after next year, and Noah would be a very easy contract to trade for a top big man (that's said acknowledging that there aren't very many good big men in the league). Letting Howard walk ensures that they are irrelevant in 2014, possibly their icon's final year with the team. That shouldn't, and won't happen...

Munkeysuit
06-21-2013, 08:11 PM
He goes to Houston and they still don't win, Atlanta in front of his home town crowd and with tons of cap room to acquire another big name free agent and a nice supporting cast, PLUS they have a GM there that will do anything to get the right players around the guy (Ferry) it looks pretty bleak now, but do your homework! ATL is a great fit for Howard, he can do no wrong there.

5ass
06-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Houston.
-sign howard
-trade Asik+Robinson for Ryan Anderson+Eric Gordon.

Pg-Gordon/Lin
Sg-Harden/Gordon
Sf-Parsons/Harden
Pf-Anderson/Jones
C-Howard/Smith

Thats a perfect team for Howard. Shooters all around him and 3 above average defenders.

BcEuAbRsS
06-21-2013, 08:14 PM

I only think Houston makes the most sense out of those four teams. They could move Asik in order to properly fill out the roster and would look really good.

todu82
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Thunder

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
He goes to Houston and they still don't win, Atlanta in front of his home town crowd and with tons of cap room to acquire another big name free agent and a nice supporting cast, PLUS they have a GM there that will do anything to get the right players around the guy (Ferry) it looks pretty bleak now, but do your homework! ATL is a great fit for Howard, he can do no wrong there.

If Howard wants titles OKC, SAS, or Miami period....Atlanta even with Howard lacks a PG who can create shots and run a good offense.....don't make me laugh about Ferry, he sucked in San Antonio, sucked in Cleveland, went back to San Antonio drove RC Buford crazy then got the Hawks job, refused to extend Smith ( which could be our gain ) you mean to tell me that Atlanta is better than SAS for a player like Howard.......you need to go do homework!

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Okay, and trading for Deng and Noah essentially do the same damn thing except for it allowing them to make one final run with Kobe in 2014. Deng is a free agent after next year, and Noah would be a very easy contract to trade for a top big man (that's said acknowledging that there aren't very many good big men in the league). Letting Howard walk ensures that they are irrelevant in 2014, possibly their icon's final year with the team. That shouldn't, and won't happen...

Kobe ruptured his Achillies man he not going to be the same dominating player, I know Kobe is great but he is human at the end of the day and its fact that with his age, he will not be the same player, if your the Lakers you run with the same team next season all of those contracts come off the books and you can rebuild from the ground.

I'm not arguing with your point I'm simply pointing out that the Laker have said that they will OT grant Howard a sign and trade meaning they don't care if Howard resigns or not

Munkeysuit
06-21-2013, 08:34 PM
If Howard wants titles OKC, SAS, or Miami period....Atlanta even with Howard lacks a PG who can create shots and run a good offense.....don't make me laugh about Ferry, he sucked in San Antonio, sucked in Cleveland, went back to San Antonio drove RC Buford crazy then got the Hawks job, refused to extend Smith ( which could be our gain ) you mean to tell me that Atlanta is better than SAS for a player like Howard.......you need to go do homework!
Hey hey hey don't need to get all crazy on me ok? lol you might have some good points about Ferry not doing such a great job in Cleveland, but I am 100% sure he will acquire the players necessary for a guy like Howard to be successful. I sincerely feel he can do no wrong in front of his home town! I failed to reinforce that in my last post and I apologize for that, but that single notion is why I feel he can be successful there (long term) If we were talking about win now? I would have said "come to Miami" hahaha but we all know that ain't happening along with the other teams you pointed out...OKC is a maybe but i don't see Presti breaking up his core after the Harden ordeal.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Houston.
-sign howard

Pg-Gordon/Lin
Sg-Harden/Gordon
Sf-Parsons/Harden
Pf-Anderson/Jones
C-Howard/Smith

Thats a perfect team for Howard. Shooters all around him and 3 above average defenders.

Dude Dwight needs a elite PG to help him create his shot, he knows this why else you think he wanted to be paired with Deron Williams and has been talking to Chris Paul, and has San Antonio on his List ( Tony Parker ).

Eric Gordon is a two guard and the Pelicans are not going to trade him unless you give up Asik and Parsens to start.

The only way to get Howard to Houston is if you can sign him to a max deal and with SAS can offer him the same so it comes down to what's best for him and SAS trumps Houston all the way around...

Like I said I want my spurs to sign Josh Smith he is better for the Spurs than Howard but I'm merely saying that Spurs are a top fit for him.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey hey hey don't need to get all crazy on me ok? lol you might have some good points about Ferry not doing such a great job in Cleveland, but I am 100% sure he will acquire the players necessary for a guy like Howard to be successful. I sincerely feel he can do no wrong in front of his home town! I failed to reinforce that in my last post and I apologize for that, but that single notion is why I feel he can be successful there (long term) If we were talking about win now? I would have said "come to Miami" hahaha but we all know that ain't happening along with the other teams you pointed out...OKC is a maybe but i don't see Presti breaking up his core after the Harden ordeal.

My apologies then didnt mean to get upset just didnt like the "do you homework line" .....in all honesty I would love for Atlanta to grab Howard that way we can get Smith.....OKC only way of landing Howard is to trade Ibaka and amnesty Perkins which I don't them doing Ibaka is a good piece to build around......that only leaves the Spurs and many Spurs fan want Howard over Smith which I don't I would love Smith on this team

--23--
06-21-2013, 08:40 PM
They're only 3 realistic choices to pick for him, but to go along with the thread topic I think OKC and Bulls are set up for a instant title run for next season. Rockets, Hawks & Mavs are his realistic choices though.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Houston.
-sign howard

Pg-Gordon/Lin
Sg-Harden/Gordon
Sf-Parsons/Harden
Pf-Anderson/Jones
C-Howard/Smith

Thats a great regular season team! When playoff time comes around, Parsons and Harden growth, will determine if they make it to the WCF (I have not seen Gordon in a tough competitive series, so I don't know how he would react when the pressure is on).

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 10:50 PM
He claims its all about winning but the lakers are about to call his bluff. They won't sign and trade and there's no contender that can give him the money he wants outright.

At the end of the day I think he stays in LA with the understanding that DAntoni is on a SUPER short leash...

PurpleJesus
06-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I Just Hope He IS Looking Down The Road, And Just Not A Year OR Two. Houston Is The Realistic Answer, And He And Harden Would Form A Great dUo For Years

Dade County
06-21-2013, 11:29 PM
I Just Hope He IS Looking Down The Road, And Just Not A Year OR Two. Houston Is The Realistic Answer, And He And Harden Would Form A Great dUo For Years

Do you think Harden & Howard is a better due then Rose & Howard or KD & Howard?

naps
06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Definitely not the Lakers! I picked the OKC, not sure they can clear enough space for him or even Dwight will be interested in it to begin with. Rockets are a fantastic choice as well.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 11:51 PM
He claims its all about winning but the lakers are about to call his bluff. They won't sign and trade and there's no contender that can give him the money he wants outright.

At the end of the day I think he stays in LA with the understanding that DAntoni is on a SUPER short leash...

The Spurs have the cash to offer Howard they are the only contender that can offer him max deal.

I agree that LA is calling his bluff without the sign and trade he loses 30 million bucks....smooth move by the Lakers...very smart.

BcEuAbRsS
06-22-2013, 08:23 AM
The Spurs have the cash to offer Howard they are the only contender that can offer him max deal.

I agree that LA is calling his bluff without the sign and trade he loses 30 million bucks....smooth move by the Lakers...very smart.

I still disagree that it is "smart". It simply isn't, they lose any chance for contention for 2014 and I highly doubt that they are willing to sacrifice that.

RiceOnTheRun
06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
All these Chicago fans saying they should take Howard over Noah smh :pity:

This isn't a knock on Howard in any way or form, but Noah is one of the toughest big men in the league mentally and that's something required to work in Thibodeau's system. I believe that Howard is still the best defensive big man in the league but I don't think he works better than Noah in Thibs' system. Playing 40+ minutes with injuries just doesn't seem like something he could handle mentally. Plus he has all the chemistry with D-Rose from their three years together already. I don't get why you give up the toughest big man in the league who has proven success with your team. Like I said, I'm not calling Howard soft, compared to Noah though I would take him if they both had to play straight 40+ minute games in a series.

OT: OKC would be the best scenario, but highly unlikely any team is stupid enough to sign Perk in his current state. Houston is the best option in that case.

rockets-fan
06-22-2013, 04:41 PM
How long would Howard contend If he joined the spurs? Not very long, what one year? Two maybe? Once Timmy retires that window is closed. Parker is getting hurt way to often and ginobli is retiring when Duncan does I'm guessing. San Antonio would be a dumb move for him IMO, the only bright side is playing with Parker and Leanord, and who knows how long Parker will stay elite. I give the Spurs two year to contend with Howard then after that you can expect nothing.

If OKC could get him, that's his best bet at a championship. Period. Howard KD and Westbrook....sick. Next up would be Chicago with Rose. And third would be Houston with Harden. All three teams would contend for 5-6 years....especially Houston with that young young roster they have.

OKC,Chicago,or Houston, but realistically, Houston.

OKC wouldn't pay Harden, they aren't paying Howard, and Chicago just doesn't seem likely to me though it'd be a smart choice.

Tell me how this lineup doesn't contend?

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Asik or jones or montejunas or smith
Howard

Great defense in the middle, shooters to kick out to, star in harden to take over games, good defender in parsons Howard and Asik. I just don't see how that doesn't contend?

JordansBulls
06-23-2013, 09:38 AM

What would they trade Dwight for to Atlanta? Would they get back Horford in a deal for Dwight?

BcEuAbRsS
06-23-2013, 10:23 AM
All these Chicago fans saying they should take Howard over Noah smh :pity:

This isn't a knock on Howard in any way or form, but Noah is one of the toughest big men in the league mentally and that's something required to work in Thibodeau's system. I believe that Howard is still the best defensive big man in the league but I don't think he works better than Noah in Thibs' system. Playing 40+ minutes with injuries just doesn't seem like something he could handle mentally. Plus he has all the chemistry with D-Rose from their three years together already. I don't get why you give up the toughest big man in the league who has proven success with your team. Like I said, I'm not calling Howard soft, compared to Noah though I would take him if they both had to play straight 40+ minute games in a series.

OT: OKC would be the best scenario, but highly unlikely any team is stupid enough to sign Perk in his current state. Houston is the best option in that case.

Meh, still give me Howard over Noah any day of the week. Nobody ever guards Noah, but Howard would consistently require attention if not a double team.

jezzyman05
06-23-2013, 10:23 AM
How long would Howard contend If he joined the spurs? Not very long, what one year? Two maybe? Once Timmy retires that window is closed. Parker is getting hurt way to often and ginobli is retiring when Duncan does I'm guessing. San Antonio would be a dumb move for him IMO, the only bright side is playing with Parker and Leanord, and who knows how long Parker will stay elite. I give the Spurs two year to contend with Howard then after that you can expect nothing.

If OKC could get him, that's his best bet at a championship. Period. Howard KD and Westbrook....sick. Next up would be Chicago with Rose. And third would be Houston with Harden. All three teams would contend for 5-6 years....especially Houston with that young young roster they have.

OKC,Chicago,or Houston, but realistically, Houston.

OKC wouldn't pay Harden, they aren't paying Howard, and Chicago just doesn't seem likely to me though it'd be a smart choice.

Tell me how this lineup doesn't contend?

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Asik or jones or montejunas or smith
Howard

Great defense in the middle, shooters to kick out to, star in harden to take over games, good defender in parsons Howard and Asik. I just don't see how that doesn't contend?

WHAT!!!!! I like Houston but please stop talking non sense San Antonio has a way better team, organization and coach than Houston and its not even close man......and to all you Houston fans the door is not closed for San Antonio, we made it to the finals where did Houston flame out in.....that's right the first round.

Timmy hasn't retired yet and is still better than anything the rockets have on the front court, Tony Parker is the best Point Guard in the league the rockets have.....Jeremy Lin are you kidding me, and by the way Parker has 4-5 elite years left in him and the spurs have shooters which Houston does not have (outside of Parsens)...

Which Line up seems better

Lin, Harden, Parsens, Robinson, Howard. Or Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Howard

The answer: San Antonio and that's being honest and I haven't even got into the coaches which shouldn't even be an argument.

Yes you have James Harden..cool! He is a great young talent and a future superstar but after that....

The Spurs are title contenders right even without Manu you put Dwight Howard on that team and they are serious title contenders.....Houston is not, they will compete if Howard joins the rockets but the Houston will still need pieces.

I don't like Howard he is not Spurs material, Los Angeles is the best choice for him he goes to Houston he loses 30 million dollars and Howard isn't losing 30 million dollars...

king4day
06-23-2013, 10:28 AM
You forgot Miami. Bosh for Howard straight up. Possibly the most realistic of any of the teams that would need to clear space

jezzyman05
06-23-2013, 10:36 AM
I still disagree that it is "smart". It simply isn't, they lose any chance for contention for 2014 and I highly doubt that they are willing to sacrifice that.

You can disagree all you want, I have said time and time again the Lakers don't care if Howard resigns or not, think about it if they resign Howard they will be what 90 million over the cap, that's a lot of tax money and next year the tax level is going to be an even bigger payout so Mr. buss has to make some decisions...

The lakers are standing up to Howard by taking away his options, by not agreeing to a sign and trade you are making Teams take a big risk in signing Howard......if Howard were to sign with another team he loses on Bird Years, Years on contract years, pct increasers, etc.... That why most superstars do sign and trades......yes this is a big blow to Howard.

If the Lakers lose Howard they get Cap relief next offseason GASOL, Kobe and World Peace contracts are off the books and they will rebuild the team and bring in a new laker team that will dominate in no time.

flea
06-23-2013, 10:38 AM
What would they trade Dwight for to Atlanta? Would they get back Horford in a deal for Dwight?

Unrestricted FAs don't need to be traded.

DChibes
06-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Miami

I was going to say this...I mean lets say the Lakers do a sign and trade with Howard and Bosh? Would that work? Maybe package Norris Cole with Bosh?

Dade County
06-23-2013, 12:36 PM
You forgot Miami. Bosh for Howard straight up. Possibly the most realistic of any of the teams that would need to clear space

If I would have added the HEAT in the poll, this thread would have been a troll, bait thread... All the haters/fanatics would have had it closed down.

And from my understanding the Lakers nor the HEAT cant get anything back in a sign & trade; both teams are over the cap.

shep33
06-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Let me just say that out of all the teams he can go to, I honestly don't think any will win the championship next year anyways

shep33
06-23-2013, 12:43 PM

No chance that LA hands Miami the next 3-4 Championships with that trade though

rockets-fan
06-23-2013, 01:02 PM
WHAT!!!!! I like Houston but please stop talking non sense San Antonio has a way better team, organization and coach than Houston and its not even close man......and to all you Houston fans the door is not closed for San Antonio, we made it to the finals where did Houston flame out in.....that's right the first round.

Timmy hasn't retired yet and is still better than anything the rockets have on the front court, Tony Parker is the best Point Guard in the league the rockets have.....Jeremy Lin are you kidding me, and by the way Parker has 4-5 elite years left in him and the spurs have shooters which Houston does not have (outside of Parsens)...

Lin, Harden, Parsens, Robinson, Howard. Or Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Howard

The answer: San Antonio and that's being honest and I haven't even got into the coaches which shouldn't even be an argument.

Yes you have James Harden..cool! He is a great young talent and a future superstar but after that....

The Spurs are title contenders right even without Manu you put Dwight Howard on that team and they are serious title contenders.....Houston is not, they will compete if Howard joins the rockets but the Houston will still need pieces.

I don't like Howard he is not Spurs material, Los Angeles is the best choice for him he goes to Houston he loses 30 million dollars and Howard isn't losing 30 million dollars...

I never said that Howard on the Rockets are better then Howard on the Spurs, I even said him on OKC and Chicago is a better line up than him in Houston. I know Spursnorganization is better no question , but how many years do you think Timmy has left? That's the question, why contend for 2 years max instead of 5?

And after Harden the Rockets have CHANDLER PARSONS, who I'd take over Lenard(misspelled), and as someone else said that the PG or Lenard forum they would too. He's a rising star just as much or more than Lenard. Who hits clutch shots which says a lot about a player do not deny that. Future wise you wouldn't take the Rockets OKC or Bulls? Come on the Spurs future as of NOW holds Lenard (great) green? Splitter? Joseph? I'm not to familiar with their roster other than the finals games. Lenard looks to be a star in the making but Lenard Parker and Howard is not a better trio than Harden Parsons and Howard going forward. No way.

As of next season or even after that yes Spurs are better thanks to Duncan, and Pop...I am not denying that.

rockets-fan
06-23-2013, 01:05 PM
And I have never been a homer, I've even said I didn't want Dwight on the Rockets before. I'm just saying my straight up opinion on this topic.

raiderposting
06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Leonard>>parsons

rockets-fan
06-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Leonard>>parsons

Never said Parsons>Leonard , just said I'd take him over Leonard as would a few others.

king4day
06-23-2013, 02:33 PM
If I would have added the HEAT in the poll, this thread would have been a troll, bait thread... All the haters/fanatics would have had it closed down.

And from my understanding the Lakers nor the HEAT cant get anything back in a sign & trade; both teams are over the cap.

Good call on both fronts

raiderposting
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Never said Parsons>Leonard , just said I'd take him over Leonard as would a few others.

So if parsons isn't better why would you take him over Leonard? Trying to spread some parity?

rockets-fan
06-23-2013, 04:10 PM
So if parsons isn't better why would you take him over Leonard? Trying to spread some parity?

Now I never said he wasn't better did I? I didn't say whose better of those two all I said is that I never said it.
Do I think parsons is better? Yes, he has good defense, a better three point shot, could drive in just as well if not better finishing at the rim, and he's clutch. He's hot plenty of clutch shots for the Rockets in his two years. He doesn't panic under the pressure and Leonard does. He did at the free throw line. Though his pressure is much more considering it was the finals but yes I think Parsons is better than both of them.

Averaged 15.5 ppl I believe, just under 6 rebounds something like that....not far from George and George didn't have a Harden or Lin on his team dominating the ball. IMO you can't go wrong with Parsons or Leonard but I personally think Parsons is better now...maybe cause I watched him play a lot more so my opinion can be a bit skwed, but in no way am I just being a homer.

SugeKnight
06-23-2013, 04:11 PM
He's going to resign with LA to get his max, then demand a trade

raiderposting
06-23-2013, 04:41 PM
He's going to resign with LA to get his max, then demand a trade

Barnes, curry, Thompson and the troll on the bench for Howard. :dance:

ztilzer31
06-23-2013, 05:00 PM
No chance that LA hands Miami the next 3-4 Championships with that trade though

This. Even though I think this would definitely be the best place (by far) for Dwight to go and win rings. Lakers are too smart of an organization to set Miami up like that for the next 5-10 years.

Wade/Dwight/LBJ... That's just unfair lol.

I hope he goes to rockets, and Hakeem teaches him how to post the ball with out turning it over.

SouthSideRookie
06-23-2013, 05:24 PM

Hey genius, the Rockets lost game 1 vs OKC but competed in game 2 and actually had the lead late in that game with a chance to win it with Westbrook in the lineup. Houston was not only the youngest team in the league but also the most inexperienced to ever make the post-season. Spurs got lucky this year that Westbrook went out with an injury, a healthy OKC is the best team in the west, period. The only advantage SA has over Hou at the moment is head coach. Houston is just as good of an organization, Morey is one the best GMs in the entire NBA. Like rocketsfan said, Houston is the better long-term option.

Because he's just as good and makes peanuts for two more seasons(2nd rounder).

jezzyman05
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey genius, the Rockets lost game 1 vs OKC but competed in game 2 and actually had the lead late in that game with a chance to win it with Westbrook in the lineup. Houston was not only the youngest team in the league but also the most inexperienced to ever make the post-season. Spurs got lucky this year that Westbrook went out with an injury, a healthy OKC is the best team in the west, period. The only advantage SA has over Hou at the moment is head coach. Houston is just as good of an organization, Morey is one the best GMs in the entire NBA. Like rocketsfan said, Houston is the better long-term option.

Because he's just as good and makes peanuts for two more seasons(2nd rounder).

Tim Duncan is better than anything you have in your front court and Parker is better than any Pg you have on your team.....don't compare front offices you guys don't even compare when was your last 50 game season.....2009?

You can say we got lucky with Westbrook all you want we split the season series with OKC and beat the crap out of them in March and played in April without Tony.....OKC is the best in the west but we are not far from OKC as of now (thanks for taking Harden from then by the way)...As far as Parsons or Kahwi....I don't know....I don't know Parsons game that well so I'm going to keep that opinion to myself until next season....all I know that Kahwi is a budding star so we will see.

And if you think the only advantage the Spurs have over Houston is just the coaches then your either a serious homer or an idiot.....

Morey may be one of the best but RC is the best and I don't see how Houston is a better team long term when the Spurs have been reloading for the past 3 seasons and Parker still has 3-4 elite years left in him.

sunsfan88
06-23-2013, 06:53 PM

THIS!

Dwight is exactly how you described him. Its funny that he gets mad when teams don't give him the ball late in games...you idiot its because the other teams foul you and you can't shoot FTs to save a life.

I personally hope he stays with the Lakers. I hate the Lakers and I would love nothing more than to continue to watch the trainwreck there between Kobe and Dwight unfold. Then when Kobe leaves Dwight is gonna try to be "The man" and it will be so comical. Much rather the Lakers use up one third of their cap space on Dwight than try to sign like Durant, Melo and LeBron or some crazy sick combo like that.

sunsfan88
06-23-2013, 06:54 PM
To answer the question, its the Rockets. But even a Harden-Dwight Rockets team imo isn't good enough to be the best in the West but will be a 3rd or 4th.

TrueFan420
06-23-2013, 08:43 PM
The warriors for Bogut and Klay or Barnes is realistic and with the 3 point shooting and lee's ability to space the floor they would be instant contenders. Don't think it will happen or that it should but I think it's best fit. Curry is egoless and would make a perfect 1a 1b combo.

Rockets are the most likely destination seeing as he can sign their outright and harden also seems to not have a Kobe sized ego.

TrueFan420
06-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Also okc is not realistic. Perkins cannot be traded no one wants that. Ibaka, lamb and picks is interesting offer but don't see la biting on it and I'm not sold on lamb seeing as he hasn't played much.

rockets-fan
06-23-2013, 09:27 PM
San antionio has an advantage in Parker,Duncan (not for long), Popavich, and it's a first class organization.

Houston's only advantage is Harden, as of now, but the future for the Rockets looks very very bright. Brighter than the spurs AS OF NOW. How long can you rely on Timmy? And if these playoffs showed us anything it's that Parker is going to start slowing down a bit (though still elite) and that ginobli is done. Splitter regressed big time, he was man handled by the smaller bigs of Miami. And picking late every year in the draft is not going to keep you contenders for long, though they find good players late.

Parker>>>>>>>Lin
Green<<<<<<<Harden
Leonard= Parsons
Duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone we put at the 4
Splitter<<<<<Asik (. Because of his defense)

Pop>>>>>>>>Mchale

But in a few years your lineup is going to be minus Duncan and Parker will be older, leonard being y'all's best player and that's not brighter than the Rockets combo of Harden Parsons.

I know spurs organization is the top tier of organizations, but if I were Howard I'd go to OKC,Bulls and HOU before SA

Cal827
06-23-2013, 09:31 PM
I'll say what this friendly OP would want.

the HEAT

:D

SouthSideRookie
06-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Tim Duncan is better than anything you have in your front court and Parker is better than any Pg you have on your team.....don't compare front offices you guys don't even compare when was your last 50 game season.....2009?

You can say we got lucky with Westbrook all you want we split the season series with OKC and beat the crap out of them in March and played in April without Tony.....OKC is the best in the west but we are not far from OKC as of now (thanks for taking Harden from then by the way)...As far as Parsons or Kahwi....I don't know....I don't know Parsons game that well so I'm going to keep that opinion to myself until next season....all I know that Kahwi is a budding star so we will see.

And if you think the only advantage the Spurs have over Houston is just the coaches then your either a serious homer or an idiot.....

Morey may be one of the best but RC is the best and I don't see how Houston is a better team long term when the Spurs have been reloading for the past 3 seasons and Parker still has 3-4 elite years left in him.

OKCs athleticism and youth was too much for the older Spurs to overcome last season in the playoffs. What makes you think SA would've of been able to beat OKC in a seven game series a year later. What's more redicilous is that you think next season an aging team will be far and away a bigger threat than the younger elite teams or the up and coming younger squads - Houston and Golden State come to mind.

On Duncan, TD just can't consistently give major effective minutes at this point of his career. And while Parker is an elite player, he has a ton of wear-and-tear. Did you not notice how he disappeared for critical stretches in the Finals including game 7. Besides, Morey's plan is to sign Howard and/or upgrade the power forward position. So Duncan being better than any other current frontcourt player on the roster is irrelevant.

I don't remember if 09 was the last time this franchise won 50 but i do know that overall the organization historically has been successful. They had good teams that made the Finals in the 80s, 90s and had it not been for Yao and T-Mac being so injury prone they would of likely been threats in the early-to-mid 2000s too. They also have a very good track record in developing big-men. So i just don't see how you think that SA is head and shoulders better than Houston, historically or future-wise.

Dade County
06-24-2013, 01:59 AM
I'll say what this friendly OP would want.

the HEAT

:D

:hi5:

Trueblue2
06-24-2013, 04:47 AM

ATL has enough cap space to go after Howard without a sign and trade. In fact, I'm pretty sure they have the cap space to go after 2 max contracts or close to it.

xxfresh
06-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Back when Dwight was in Orlando, I remember reading something about the Adidas contract both Dwight and Rose have. It would hurt Adidas because they would share the market in Chicago. Not sure if he took extra $$$ to stay away from the bulls