PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson to LeBron

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 02:35 AM
"You are only player that has chance to be greatest of all time"

So with that, I have a hard time seeing why the two can't be compared?? And why rings have anything to do in an argument with any other player.

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 02:37 AM
What I'm saying is, legacy is important. But when do people realize it's time to throw that out the window and look at pure basketball ability?

Will LeBron ever be the GOAT? I have no idea. But 1b?? I'm almost positive.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:46 AM
C'mon. All these old school players are most likely going to side with Jordan as the GOAT and that's respectfully correct. Magic is a hater. Don't care what he ever has to say. Dude turns around and takes shots at different players but then sucks up to them at different facets of publicity. He's not wrong, I don't see anyone else in the near future surpassing James or Jordan.

naps
06-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Kobephiles are not gonna like it! LMFAO! Watch either they are not gonna show up here OR they will start proving how lame Magic is!

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
C'mon. All these old school players are most likely going to side with Jordan as the GOAT and that's respectfully correct. Magic is a hater. Don't care what he ever has to say. Dude turns around and takes shots at different players but then sucks up to them at different facets of publicity. He's not wrong, I don't see anyone else in the near future surpassing James or Jordan.

thanks for this comment that is all over the map...

Magic is no slouch himself so when he says this stuff I'm going to give it a little merit

KaiserZr
06-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Kobephiles are not gonna like it! LMFAO! Watch either they are not gonna show up here OR they will start proving how lame Magic is!

Why? Kobe supporters realize he isn't better then Jordan and Lebron could pass Kobe. Though I always wonder what Kobe could do with his skill set and determination if he had Lebron's genetics. I don't think Kobe Bryant is too upset when he still one of the top 5 players ever and has put up numbers that only Chamberlain can beat.

naps
06-21-2013, 03:16 AM
Why? Kobe supporters realize he isn't better then Jordan and Lebron could pass Kobe. Though I always wonder what Kobe could do with his skill set and determination if he had Lebron's genetics. I don't think Kobe Bryant is too upset when he still one of the top 5 players ever and has put up numbers that only Chamberlain can beat.

LOL what? Kobe top 5? And what numbers are you talking about? Last time I checked Kobe is not even a top 20 player statistically.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:24 AM

81 points doesn't cover up his entire career. Wilt was by far more dominating than Kobe. I have Kobe in top 5 and that is purely off his longevity and accolades. If he had 5 FMVP, I'd even have him as the assured 2nd GOAT. However, he wasn't the best player for 3 of his titles. Also, what could Kobe do with LeBron's genetics.. Hmm, great question. Now, what could LeBron do if he had the range of Stephen Curry. See, if Kobe doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. Not everyone can have the physique of LeBron James.

Lakersfan2483
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Lebron is a great player and is already one of the greatest of all time, but he has to accomplish a lot more in his career to surpass Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, etc....

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:29 AM
Lebron is a great player and is already one of the greatest of all time, but he has to accomplish a lot more in his career to surpass Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, etc....

While I agree to some extent, Wilt is pretty much dead even with James. The only thing you can argue will have to be stats achieved and with that being said, we can all agree Wilt's stats are heavily inflated.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:06 AM
lebron is magical, he is crowning, no doubt

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:07 AM
he is just in his prime , still tons of time to surpass everyone

Kashmir13579
06-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Magic just says things.. He's saying things all the time with no regard, and next year he'll be saying more things.

Bruno
06-21-2013, 05:04 AM
he needs four more rings for it to be a discussion, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

--23--
06-21-2013, 05:08 AM
No surprise, Lebron game replicates his there's a reason why Oscar and Magic like to praise the guy. But then again I'm sure if Durant won a championship he'll echo out the same words lol.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Ya, if Lebron wins 6 more rings, he will be considered the GOAT for sure. It's possible and he does have a chance because he theoretically still has time. So in essence Magic is telling the truth. Now the likely hood of that happening...ehhh...not so much.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 05:23 AM
he needs four more rings for it to be a discussion, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I say he needs six to be in the discussion. I strongly feel that "The Decision" haunts his resume and of course his 2011 choke job. Jordan never had some **** like that go down, so he has to make up for it with an extra ring. Also, Jordan never had a super team like Lebron currently has now. Wade and Bosh are bad enough...but 5 three point snipers who can all shoot above 40% from 3!!! No one has ever had that kind of help before. The three point shooting on the Heat is often over looked and it's pretty damn ridiculous. I also don't feel that Lebron has slayed the dragons that guys like Mike, Kobe, Magic, Bird, and Duncan have. All those guys beat out some of the best competition of their era. Lebron has had the luxury of playing in one of the weakest eastern conferences of all time as well as some pretty non stellar finals opponents. A very green Thunder team and an old over the hill Spurs team that took him 7 games to beat and only won the series due to one of the biggest meltdowns ever witnessed in finals history in game 6. Truly that all needs to be factored in when comparing him to the upper echelon of the all time greats.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Ya, if Lebron wins 6 more rings, he will be considered the GOAT for sure. It's possible and he does have a chance because he theoretically still has time. So in essence Magic is telling the truth. Now the likely hood of that happening...ehhh...not so much.

why are you contradicting yourself. you say he does have a chance and it's possible, then you finish it off by saying it's not likely? do you even know what you are typing, sir?

PurpleJesus
06-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Lebron is incredible. I am 28, I have seen MJ play, and Lebron is incredible. That is all I will leave it at, no comparisons regarding GOAT, just that LBJ is the best player by far that has been seen since MJ. In my life span, the GOAT of the era has been MJ, then Shaq, and now LBJ.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 05:51 AM
why are you contradicting yourself. you say he does have a chance and it's possible, then you finish it off by saying it's not likely? do you even know what you are typing, sir?

Perhaps you need to go back to school sir. Someone can have a chance that's not very likely. Still there is a chance, no matter how small. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's very likely. There is a 1/1,000,000,000,000 chance that the earth can get hit by a very large asteroid. It likely wont happen in our lifetime...still there is a chance. Not saying Lebron's chances are that bad, but you get what I mean. At least I hope. Hence this scene from Dumb and Dumber...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

Poem33
06-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Perhaps you need to go back to school sir. Someone can have a chance that's not very likely. Still there is a chance, not matter how small. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's very likely. Hence this scene from Dumb and Dumber...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

well then dummy, anything can be a chance. if you're going to add not likely, it's contradicting the whole purpose of saying its possible. not likely= probably won't, therefore you're negating probably by saying but he probably won't. dumb and dumber is not proof.. first off, when he said "YEAH", it was to show how stupid he really was.

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 06:03 AM
if they both had 0 rings i think mj is better basketball player than lebron but who knows lebron may win 6 rings

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Pretty much this.. Wiggins will be entertaining as hell though

Shlumpledink
06-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Magic is right, he's the only player now to be able to surpass Michael in the eyes of the general public. The anointed one won't be dethroned until he is beaten in every statistical category, and lebron is capable of doing that. He can win 7 titles with a little help from his friends. Detractors will always detract though

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-21-2013, 06:08 AM
No disrespect to Kobe at all because I love Kobe lol, but what about this possibility. Wade wins 5 championships overall with 1 finals mvp, kobe wins 5 with 2 finals mvp. Kobe will almost definitely go down as the better player but by how much? If Wade can revert back to his old self it would be exciting to see if he could compete with Kobe's legacy

Poem33
06-21-2013, 06:13 AM
No disrespect to Kobe at all because I love Kobe lol, but what about this possibility. Wade wins 5 championships overall with 1 finals mvp, kobe wins 5 with 2 finals mvp. Kobe will almost definitely go down as the better player but by how much? If Wade can revert back to his old self it would be exciting to see if he could compete with Kobe's legacy

By a lot because of what Kobe can still do. Wade will never have Kobe's production at ages 32+. Kobe's longevity is just unmatched except by Duncan. Wade can win 5 rings but IMO, Kobe's statistics and feats outweighs Wade. Wade imo was a better player in his prime. I'd take 2008-2009 Wade over 2005-2006 Kobe anytime, but Kobe's other years outweighs Wade's.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 06:18 AM
I say he needs six to be in the discussion. I strongly feel that "The Decision" haunts his resume and of course his 2011 choke job. Jordan never had some **** like that go down, so he has to make up for it with an extra ring. Also, Jordan never had a super team like Lebron currently has now. Wade and Bosh are bad enough...but 5 three point snipers who can all shoot above 40% from 3!!! No one has ever had that kind of help before. The three point shooting on the Heat is often over looked and it's pretty damn ridiculous. I also don't feel that Lebron has slayed the dragons that guys like Mike, Kobe, Magic, Bird, and Duncan have. All those guys beat out some of the best competition of their era. Lebron has had the luxury of playing in one of the weakest eastern conferences of all time as well as some pretty non stellar finals opponents. A very green Thunder team and an old over the hill Spurs team that took him 7 games to beat and only won the series due to one of the biggest meltdowns ever witnessed in finals history in game 6. Truly that all needs to be factored in when comparing him to the upper echelon of the all time greats.

Hey man, you are being unfair. Jordan had the luxury of not having to be the best rebounder/defender on his team. James has to do it all.Im curious as to what you mean 5 snipers.. those "snipers" all rely on James to attract attention. Those snipers were also all off in terms of consistency. Ray was off, Mike was rarely playing, Battier was terrible until game 7. From what I concluded, Jordan focused on one thing, scoring. LeBron has to focus on rebounding, defending, passing, and scoring because no one else on his team could do those things consistently.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
By a lot because of what Kobe can still do. Wade will never have Kobe's production at ages 32+. Kobe's longevity is just unmatched except by Duncan. Wade can win 5 rings but IMO, Kobe's statistics and feats outweighs Wade. Wade imo was a better player in his prime. I'd take 2008-2009 Wade over 2005-2006 Kobe anytime, but Kobe's other years outweighs Wade's.
Agreed, but what if Wade becomes "Flash" somehow again? I know, highly unlikely, but what if? Kobe would get a run for his money but I still think you are right, Kobe edges wade

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Hey man, you are being unfair. Jordan had the luxury of not having to be the best rebounder/defender on his team. James has to do it all.Im curious as to what you mean 5 snipers.. those "snipers" all rely on James to attract attention. Those snipers were also all off in terms of consistency. Ray was off, Mike was rarely playing, Battier was terrible until game 7. From what I concluded, Jordan focused on one thing, scoring. LeBron has to focus on rebounding, defending, passing, and scoring because no one else on his team could do those things consistently.
so jordan was still great/he won 6 rings

naps
06-21-2013, 06:51 AM
This thread has already taken its course just as I predicted :laugh2:

sunsfan88
06-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Why can't we just enjoy the NBA season and forget about comparisons...Kobe is great...LeBron is great...Jordan is great...Magic is great...

Why can't it be that easy?

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Why can't we just enjoy the NBA season and forget about comparisons...Kobe is great...LeBron is great...Jordan is great...Magic is great...

Why can't it be that easy?
exactly

QueensG_718
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Smart coaching by pop in game 6 and we wouldnt even be talking about this. I dont know what it is about lebrons game that i dont like. His game seems boring to me...yea hes a high flier but i really enjoyed watching jordan play alot more. I geuss its the finesse..on another note the spurs really blew it badly.

carlessyen
06-21-2013, 07:40 AM
I dont know what they are talking about really. Lebron would be a average 90s player reminds me of Karl Malone/Wilkins clone actually.Look how bad this series wassugar coat it all you want they acted liek best series ever, was hard for me to watch flopping, turnovers, blowouts, at one point announcer compared it to Lakers and Celtics i about cried laughing. Some one better will come along your crazy to think they wont league is at a all time low, guys teaming up to win a title. There will be a guy come up that has same athletic ability as Lebron but that can shoot as well. And he will carry himself more respectable like, this isnt the best the league is gonna get im sorry its probably the lowest it ever has been. We are talking about a 40 year old spurs team that couldnt catch, pass, or dribblle for a entire series for some reason but stil took it 7 and actually won if they called the Manu foul. Dont act like LBJ even holds a candle to MJ no comparison Jordan was taking over games against talented teams. He beat a team in Utah with Malone, Stockton, Hornacek, and loaded pistons teams as well. SPurs are great but Duncan os 37 and still they couldnt stop him..

utahjazzno12fan
06-21-2013, 08:22 AM

MJ did focus on just one thing but it wasn't scoring. It was winning.

I am not a fan of MJ. I still say it was a push off, but c'est la vie. MJ was a top defender and top scorer, but he also got the other players involved. MJ rebounded, defended, passed, scored, etc. MJ was a SG while LeBron is a Forward. Numbers still look better for Jordan in the playoffs where there was never any question as to whether he was going to average 30 or not.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 08:27 AM
MJ did focus on just one thing but it wasn't scoring. It was winning.

I am not a fan of MJ. I still say it was a push off, but c'est la vie. MJ was a top defender and top scorer, but he also got the other players involved. MJ rebounded, defended, passed, scored, etc. MJ was a SG while LeBron is a Forward. Numbers still look better for Jordan in the playoffs where there was never any question as to whether he was going to average 30 or not.

You can't just say he was only focused on winning because he never won squat when he was 1-10 without Pippen. Jordan never won a THING let alone 2 playoff games WITHOUT scottie Pippen. once again, JORDAN has NOT WON a thing without Pippen. So let's throw the trash out in terms of killer instinct and "will". There was no killer instinct and will when Jordan was by himself. If you can understand, Jordan doesn't have to go out on the court saying "I have to defend the best player" or "I have to rebound for my team" or "I have to pass for my team". Sure, he could certainly do so but he never had that pressure that James has to do on a nightly basis.

Who steps up and rebounds if James doesn't?
Who makes the passes for Allen, Miller, and Battier so they can knock down open 3's?
Who has to defend the best player on the opposing team?

These were tasks that Jordan never had to worry about because they were covered by Pippen/Rodman.

Mitch Kramer
06-21-2013, 08:48 AM
You can't just say he was only focused on winning because he never won squat when he was 1-10 without Pippen. Jordan never won a THING let alone 2 playoff games WITHOUT scottie Pippen. once again, JORDAN has NOT WON a thing without Pippen. So let's throw the trash out in terms of killer instinct and "will". There was no killer instinct and will when Jordan was by himself. If you can understand, Jordan doesn't have to go out on the court saying "I have to defend the best player" or "I have to rebound for my team" or "I have to pass for my team". Sure, he could certainly do so but he never had that pressure that James has to do on a nightly basis.

Who makes the passes for Allen, Miller, and Battier so they can knock down open 3's?

These were tasks that Jordan never had to worry about because they were covered by Pippen/Rodman.

Jordan is known for his killer instinct :laugh: How old are you? 17?

Sly Guy
06-21-2013, 08:54 AM
jeeze, one game and the flip flops from 'lebron disappears when it matters most' to 'lebron = GOAT'. I swear, it's ridic on here some times.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Jordan is known for his killer instinct :laugh: How old are you? 17?

buddy, killer instinct means you will destroy your opponents regardless of what happens. where was this killer instinct without pippen? if he had this supposedly killer instinct, he should've "killed" the pistons, right? But he didn't, you know why? BEcause he needed pippen to take the huge load away from him. what I'm trying to prove by saying "there was no killer instinct and will when Jordan was by himself" is exactly that. if he truly had the killer instinct, he wouldn't have needed pippen to get out of the first round. this killer instinct is just a made up term to distinguish players. What does this killer instinct exactly mean? the goal is to win the game, point blank. Kobe hits a three and grits his teeth, that's killer instinct?

bucketss
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM
he woin't ever be goat but him and durant are the only ones with a outside shot, well kobe is pretty much retired.

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 09:07 AM

The three point shot wasn't a big thing until around the 2000s. There were people like Steve Kerr, obviously, but Shane Battier wouldn't be taking threes and probably not Mike Miller either. What do you expect from a team that pretty much revolutionized small ball by being one of the first teams to really perfect it. Of course no other team has that many 3 point snipers and that's because they have traditional big men which the Heat lack instead. Wade and Bosh have been underperforming this post season man, cmon. Wade obviously redeemed himself with his last two games and Bosh had some seriously influential plays the last few games as well. But to say Pippen and Rodman are outclassed by those two is a complete lack of respect bro.

Utter disrespect to the Thunder and Spurs as well. Give some credit to Bron for making those big plays in game 6/7. 2007 he plays the Spurs in their prime. He rightfully loses, no chance against one of the best teams in the decade. No player in NBA history could've pulled that off with that roster.

2011, he choked but it was the best thing to ever happen to the Miami Heat. Let's say he wins 2011, he stays just as cocky as he was then and doesn't improve his post game or his jumper. Without his post game he doesn't make it out of the East in 2012 and gets beaten by the Spurs in 2013. That loss really humbled him and you can see in hindsight it was the major catalyst of all his improvements.

Mitch Kramer
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM
buddy, killer instinct means you will destroy your opponents regardless of what happens. where was this killer instinct without pippen? if he had this supposedly killer instinct, he should've "killed" the pistons, right? But he didn't, you know why? BEcause he needed pippen to take the huge load away from him. what I'm trying to prove by saying "there was no killer instinct and will when Jordan was by himself" is exactly that. if he truly had the killer instinct, he wouldn't have needed pippen to get out of the first round. this killer instinct is just a made up term to distinguish players. What does this killer instinct exactly mean? the goal is to win the game, point blank. Kobe hits a three and grits his teeth, that's killer instinct?

No, Killer instinct does not mean that at all. Means he will do everything in his power to win a game, and if he doesnt, he will come back stronger until he does win. Every player needs some help, basketball is a team sport. Just because MJ couldnt beat Bird and the Celtics basically 1 on 5, means he had no killer instinct? great argument kiddo :laugh:

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 09:31 AM

where's lebrons killer instinct without wade and bosh?

gmckenziejr82
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Really?

BklynKnicks3
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
not fo rnothign magic lost credability a long time ago he flip flops everything. he was one of the fisrt guys who said that him n larry would never join each other. He has been wrong about 90% of things he said. He even called knicks the best team in the nab this year lol

Jarvo
06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Magic just says things.. He's saying things all the time with no regard, and next year he'll be saying more things.

This. Magic sucked his and Wade dick so hard lastnight lol but all that stuff being said about Lebron should have been not been talked about. I still say only Kobe is close tp Jordan and Bron is like Magic.

gmckenziejr82
06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
But as far as my opinion on what Magic said, yes lebron has the chance to be the greatest. His story isn't finished yet. So we don't know what will happen.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Magic was simply saying that LBJ's style of play gives him a chance to be the greatest player ever.

MJ was incredible, but he wasn't near the allpurpose player LBJ is. MJ didn't guard the other team's best player. Pippen did and this is according to Phil Jackson not me. MJ didn't rebound, pass or shoot the 3 as well as LBJ.

If MJ is the GOAT measuring stick, then LBJ can definitely pass him because of the overall skill set that LBJ provides. All LBJ lacks now are the titles. If he acquires 3 more playing the way he has, I think he's on par with MJ. If he gets to 6, I think he passes MJ simply because taking that Cleveland team to the Finals was harder than anything MJ ever did especially since MJ didn't accomplish much when he was younger and without Pippen.

Snapshot
06-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Silliest thing ive ever read on this forum...how could u say that when Kobe was giftwrapped chips year after year feasting on weak Finals opponents?

The Pacers, Sixers (arguably one of the weakest teams to ever make it to the finals) Nets, and Orlando?

Lmaooo what a joke. In none of those finals were the Lakers the underdog, as a matter of fact they were the fav by a LARGE margin. The only ring he won where the matchup was a toss up was in 2010 vs Boston...his other 4 rings were against the absolute worst finals opponents of all time.

MIA was the underdog this year and last year (or at least a toss up), both times coming off the heels of a 7 game series in the ecf while their opponents seem to be hittin a stride making quick work of their wcf opponents smh

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Magic was simply saying that LBJ's style of play gives him a chance to be the greatest player ever.

MJ was incredible, but he wasn't near the allpurpose player LBJ is. MJ didn't guard the other team's best player. Pippen did and this is according to Phil Jackson not me. MJ didn't rebound, pass or shoot the 3 as well as LBJ.

If MJ is the GOAT measuring stick, then LBJ can definitely pass him because of the overall skill set that LBJ provides. All LBJ lacks now are the titles. If he acquires 3 more playing the way he has, I think he's on par with MJ. If he gets to 6, I think he passes MJ simply because taking that Cleveland team to the Finals was harder than anything MJ ever did especially since MJ didn't accomplish much when he was younger and without Pippen.
what are you talking about
lebron is that you?
bulls were rubbish and they were going up against some of the greatest teams ever.
lebron made clevelnad relevant but he didn't win a ring until he teamed up with bosh and wade, likewise mj didnt win without pippen.

ATX
06-21-2013, 10:24 AM

Good thing nobody takes your opinion seriously, as you are widely known as the by far biggest hater on PSD. The man comes off of Back 2 Back MVP's, Championships, and Finals MVP's and you still can't accept his greatness. That's a major "You" problem, rather than a James issue or even a basketball issue.

natelpete
06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

If he had his genetics.... I'd be in the league if I had his genetics. Might be the worst "what if" question I've heard in a long time.

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
If he had his genetics.... I'd be in the league if I had his genetics. Might be the worst "what if" question I've heard in a long time.

But people don't realize Lebron does put in a whole lot of work, it's not all genetics. Just like MJ, Kobe and almost any great player. It's not all genetics, he's one of the hardest working players in the league. Lebron is by far the most physically dominant non-center player in the history of the game but only because he puts in the work to match his talent.

Playing an entire two seasons along with two finals runs and an Olympic gold medal. He barely got two weeks off until it was time to start getting ready for this season.

ChicagoJ
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
This is one of the reasons I root against the heat. I'm sick of the mj comparisons. After last night unfortunately they will continue, at least for now.

Lebron deserves credit, he's an incredible player. But what I always say, you had to be around to watch Jordan play. You would know why he's above everyone else. One day people will realize this after players like lebron retire and others are compared to him. You have to watch them play night in and night out.

The closest lebron has come to mj like performances was the 4th quarter of game 6 and all of game 7. And mj played like that all season long including post season. But until Miami loose their title the mj vs lebron banter will continue.

Kobe2324
06-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I have no problem admitting that when his career is done he has a very good chance to be ranked ahead of kobe and MJ, the potential is there for sure, but to mention it right now is ridiculous and disrespectfull to what those two have acomplished especially not knowing how much more time Kobe has and not knowing how long Lebron will play for among many other factors of course but yes absolutely the potential is there and as much as i hate to admit it he will probly rank ahead of Kobe when it's all said and done, but MJ I just cant see it, I dont think Lebron wins 4 more rings, and assuming he does that still not enough to surpass MJ, im not even convinced that winning one more than MJ is enough to surpass him....so again he has the potential but hes not even halfway there, so anyone putting him in the disscussion right now is just ridiculous and probly didn't get a chance to watch MJ play...

RLundi
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Magic Johnson is a clown. He'll talk complete crap about a player one day and then suck up to them the next. I don't trust his opinion because he's a people-pleaser.

What was he supposed to say, "Good game, but you'll never be Jordan"?

When Magic speaks, I mute the tv. In fact, that entire crew is terrible: a bunch of talking heads that hold hands underneath the table. Simmons is the only one that tells it like it is, although he sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about and does it for shock value. Wilbon and Jalen just pander to Magic, who loves to hear himself talk.

Awful.

Kobe2324
06-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I love Magic but your right, at the same time he has earned his right to talk on other superstars but he's just all over the place with his comments.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 11:12 AM
what are you talking about
lebron is that you?
bulls were rubbish and they were going up against some of the greatest teams ever.
lebron made clevelnad relevant but he didn't win a ring until he teamed up with bosh and wade, likewise mj didnt win without pippen.

The Bulls were rubbish and the supposed "GOAT" won one entire series before Pippen joined him. LeBron was able to win more series on his own. You can argue all day that the league was harder, blah, blah, blah, but Jordan was the first of his kind. Teams were built on skill and size not speed and athleticism. It was his league to have a field day in. But MJ didn't win anything until he had a top 50 teammate and the best coach ever. Those are facts.

Regardless, LBJ still isn't MJ. And isn't close yet. Would I take last night's LBJ against any MJ I've ever seen (and I'm 35 by the way so I saw MJ's whole career) - the answer is I take LBJ. LeBron put on the show of shows against a better Finals opponent than MJ ever faced (and I'm a Jazz fan). But LBJ has to do it at this level a few more times to be MJ.

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Magic Johnson is a clown. He'll talk complete crap about a player one day and then suck up to them the next. I don't trust his opinion because he's a people-pleaser.

What was he supposed to say, "Good game, but you'll never be Jordan"?

When Magic speaks, I mute the tv. In fact, that entire crew is terrible: a bunch of talking heads that hold hands underneath the table. Simmons is the only one that tells it like it is, although he sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about and does it for shock value. Wilbon and Jalen just pander to Magic, who loves to hear himself talk.

Awful.
didnt he say after lebron won last year that kobe and lebron will will never compare to MJ?

Now he is saying lebron will suppress him....which is it?

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 11:15 AM
The Bulls were rubbish and the supposed "GOAT" won one entire series before Pippen joined him. LeBron was able to win more series on his own. You can argue all day that the league was harder, blah, blah, blah, but Jordan was the first of his kind. Teams were built on skill and size not speed and athleticism. It was his league to have a field day in. But MJ didn't win anything until he had a top 50 teammate and the best coach ever. Those are facts.

Regardless, LBJ still isn't MJ. And isn't close yet. Would I take last night's LBJ against any MJ I've ever seen (and I'm 35 by the way so I saw MJ's whole career) - the answer is I take LBJ. LeBron put on the show of shows against a better Finals opponent than MJ ever faced (and I'm a Jazz fan). But LBJ has to do it at this level a few more times to be MJ.
How did lebron win more series on his own when he won with the miami heat? Since when is basketball a 1 team game. In last years finals mike miller went hot from 3 and wade had some huge games like against the pacers. this series ray allen arguably saved the heat with that 3 pointer, if not the miami heat would have lost in 6 games. lebron was the best player in the finals but where is all this ''he carried heat'' coming from. I remember after the first couple of games heat fans were turning on lebron after his early performances and were wondering if he was pulling another dallas like performance.
okay lebron is the GOAT and MJ is 2nd in all time rankings.

lmao you aint no jazz fan. ive seen your posts, your a lebron stan.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 11:23 AM
How did lebron win more series on his own when he won with the miami heat? Since when is basketball a 1 team game. In last years finals mike miller went hot from 3 and wade had some huge games like against the pacers. this series ray allen arguably saved the heat with that 3 pointer, if not the miami heat would have lost in 6 games. lebron was the best player in the finals but where is all this ''he carried heat'' coming from. I remember after the first couple of games heat fans were turning on lebron after his early performances and were wondering if he was pulling another dallas like performance.
okay lebron is the GOAT and MJ is 2nd in all time rankings.

lmao you aint no jazz fan. ive seen your posts, your a lebron stan.

If you read my posts, I'm saying that LeBron won more with nothing in Cleveland (IE getting to the Finals with a crap roster led by Danny Ferry) than MJ ever did before help came to him. Everybody makes it out like MJ was always some super great winner. He wasn't. He was TMac (all stats and no wins) before Jerry Krause brought the players and coach to him. It is a fact that LBJ won more than MJ when their supporting cast was inferior.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 11:25 AM
And for the record, I am a Jazz fan first a foremost. I love that Utah is going with a youth movement, finally dumping Al Jefferson, and will build through the draft. The future is bright with Favors, Hayward, Burks and Kanter.

I just also appreciate the way LeBron plays. Since MJ, wings have been so me, me, me. LeBron always makes the best basketball play. He takes the best of MJ's game, Magic's game and Pippen's game, and rolls it into one. If the youth and other players played like him, it would be less street ball and jacking.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Double post

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 11:31 AM
And for the record, I am a Jazz fan first a foremost. I love that Utah is going with a youth movement, finally dumping Al Jefferson, and will build through the draft. The future is bright with Favors, Hayward, Burks and Kanter.

I just also appreciate the way LeBron plays. Since MJ, wings have been so me, me, me. LeBron always makes the best basketball play. He takes the best of MJ's game, Magic's game and Pippen's game, and rolls it into one. If the youth and other players played like him, it would be less street ball and jacking.
okay lebron is the goat

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 11:35 AM
okay lebron is the goat

he's not but he's definitely once in a generation player like Kobe and Jordan before him. Its an elite class and he's reached it.

even if we start comparing him to Kobe, its not an insult to Kobe. Kobe was the greatest in his generation. what the league needed and people watched in awe.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Silliest thing ive ever read on this forum...how could u say that when Kobe was giftwrapped chips year after year feasting on weak Finals opponents?

The Pacers, Sixers (arguably one of the weakest teams to ever make it to the finals) Nets, and Orlando?

Lmaooo what a joke. In none of those finals were the Lakers the underdog, as a matter of fact they were the fav by a LARGE margin. The only ring he won where the matchup was a toss up was in 2010 vs Boston...his other 4 rings were against the absolute worst finals opponents of all time.

MIA was the underdog this year and last year (or at least a toss up), both times coming off the heels of a 7 game series in the ecf while their opponents seem to be hittin a stride making quick work of their wcf opponents smh

but before they feasted on iverson, reggie miller and jason kidd, the lakers had to beat 60 wins talented teams: prime spurs, loaded blazers and the the sac queens. heat beat who: a inexperience drose, durant, a wash up celtics, and a no name indiana pacers.. yeah east is hella weak

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
but before they feasted on iverson, reggie miller and jason kidd, the lakers had to beat 60 wins talented teams: prime spurs, loaded blazers and the the sac queens. heat beat who: a inexperience drose, durant, a wash up celtics, and a no name indiana pacers.. yeah east is hella weak

Spurs romped through the West this year. seemed hella easy for the Spurs.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:50 AM

dude, im talking about the lakers and heat run, not the spurs.. come one now

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Due to their main threats all losing their best players to injury, yes it was pretty easy for them.

bootsy
06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Magic Johnson says a lot of dumb things. He says whatever is trendy. If a team or player plays bad one game they are the worst they've ever looked and it will be hard for them to recover. That same team or player plays good/great the next game then they are ready to take it to the next level.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
okay lebron is the goat

I honestly don't think there is a GOAT in NBA history. Kareem, Wilt, Russell and MJ all have compelling arguments. Titles, impact on the league/game, stats, and sheer dominance all play a part. People just give it to MJ, but that's foolish. The game started before he played. And as great as he was, he wasn't a complete player like Wilt or LeBron.

So LBJ isn't in the top 4. He's not even in the next 3 (Duncan, Bird and Magic). But the point Magic was making is that he could surpass them all. He could have the complete skill set like Wilt, dominate the game like Wilt, but win the titles that Wilt never could due to the Celtics and their dynasty and Russell. LBJ has a lot of work to do yet.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:59 AM
just because miami toyed with indiana this year, with boston last year doesnt make the West team the better team.

yeah atlanta took boston to game 7, celtics are underdogs too. lol

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
dude, im talking about the lakers and heat run, not the spurs.. come one now

like in the other thread. OKC had an easy run to the finals as well.

QueensG_718
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Magic said he "love you to death" to lebron last night. Lmao talk about **** suckin..

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Due to their main threats all losing their best players to injury, yes it was pretty easy for them.

Just want to put things into perspective here. Curry put up an amazing run against the Spurs, injury or not. Memphis had their whole personnel - no injuries.

it was easy for the Spurs.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Just want to put things into perspective here. Curry put up an amazing run against the Spurs, injury or not. Memphis had their whole personnel - no injuries.

it was easy for the Spurs.

curry a first timer in playoffs and grizzlies first time in conference finals... spurs on the other hand, 4 rings.. yeah thats too easy for the spurs. thunder 2 straight conf. finals and a dangerous coming alive lakers team will make the spurs a run for its money

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
curry a first timer in playoffs and grizzlies first time in conference finals... spurs on the other hand, 4 rings.. yeah thats too easy for the spurs. thunder 2 straight conf. finals and a dangerous coming alive lakers team will make the spurs a run for its money

what are you trying to say?

look i'm trying to say Spurs, OKC, had it easy. and you just proved my point.

You're obviously a Lakers fan. Funny thing is the last two years, Lakers have been raped and pillaged by "inferior" teams in OKC and Spurs.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 12:34 PM
what are you trying to say?

look i'm trying to say Spurs, OKC, had it easy. and you just proved my point.

You're obviously a Lakers fan. Funny thing is the last two years, Lakers have been raped and pillaged by "inferior" teams in OKC and Spurs.

Spurs had it easy but def not 2012 thunder is what im trying to say

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Spurs had it easy but def not 2012 thunder is what im trying to say

OKC romped over everyone - it was easy, includes dethroning the championship Dallas in 4 games.

made LA their *****es in 5 games.

and toyed with SA in 6 games, winning the last 4 games in a row to close out the series.

Hardly any resistance from those three teams.