PDA

View Full Version : CP3 or Harden???

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Who would you rather be with for the next 4-5 years?

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Who would you rather have as your number 1 option to clarify my question

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Harden only gets better and better.

Not a slight to CP3, but with Parsons there too, you have a solid foundation to add another superstar to.

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Harden only gets better and better.

Not a slight to CP3, but with Parsons there too, you have a solid foundation to add another superstar to.

See i think i agree with that. CP3 may be the better player right now but Harden is 5 years younger, only has one year as a starter, and seems to be much less injury prone. (knock on wood)

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
See i think i agree with that. CP3 may be the better player right now but Harden is 5 years younger, only has one year as a starter, and seems to be much less injury prone. (knock on wood)

I'll stand by my prediction of Dwight to Houston.

He gets a much better supporting cast there and a GM who is willing to take risks, which I believe is necessary for any team looking to be a contender. If he goes there, I see them being contender in two years, after they build chemistry.

Going to play with CP3 would be good and all, but it'd be hard to find them a supporting cast comparable with Houston's. It'd be a much bigger gamble for him, especially if he's going to sign a long term deal.

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
I'll stand by my prediction of Dwight to Houston.

He gets a much better supporting cast there and a GM who is willing to take risks, which I believe is necessary for any team looking to be a contender. If he goes there, I see them being contender in two years, after they build chemistry.

Going to play with CP3 would be good and all, but it'd be hard to find them a supporting cast comparable with Houston's. It'd be a much bigger gamble for him, especially if he's going to sign a long term deal.

I dont think he can go wrong either way. He makes both teams a championship contender when he is healthy IMO. Sure hoping he chooses the Rockets though

--23--
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM
In that time span Chris Paul will be getting into them "father time" years(30 and up), while James Harden will in the middle of his prime(25-29). So If I was a guy like Dwight I would join Harden, but if it's a win now situation with Chris Paul that wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Greg.
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Harden. Much better scorer and still a great passer. He's younger and has all his ligaments in his knees

TaylorMays
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
In that time span Chris Paul will be getting into them "father time" years(30 and up), while James Harden will in the middle of his prime(25-29). So If I was a guy like Dwight I would join Harden, but if it's a win now situation with Chris Paul that wouldn't be a bad choice either.

In the Dwight situation, if the Clippers have to trade Griffin to get Howard and they either make the Celtics trade or not (Garnett, Pierce, Doc vs. Deandre Jordan, picks and maybe Bledsoe) do you think they are that much better than the Rockets would be?

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Chris Paul. I don't think Harden has much to improve on. This year, he didn't really improve. He got more opportunities and that's the difference people are mistaking for IMPROVED.

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Chris Paul. I don't think Harden has much to improve on. This year, he didn't really improve. He got more opportunities and that's the difference people are mistaking for IMPROVED.

He became a top 5 scorer in the league at the age of 23 and was incredibly efficient in doing so though... You dont think he will get better in the next 5 years?

--23--
06-21-2013, 02:23 AM
In the Dwight situation, if the Clippers have to trade Griffin to get Howard and they either make the Celtics trade or not (Garnett, Pierce, Doc vs. Deandre Jordan, picks and maybe Bledsoe) do you think they are that much better than the Rockets would be?

If they trade away Blake, Jordan, Bledsoe...that would absolutely NOT be a better than the Rockets.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:27 AM
He became a top 5 scorer in the league at the age of 23 and was incredibly efficient in doing so though... You dont think he will get better in the next 5 years?

No, because if you compare what he did from this year and last year, it's pretty much the same. James Harden was always a decent three point shooter. He was always an above average scorer. He was always a decent passer. He was always a good free throw shooter. He just got more opportunities and minutes. If he played with Durant and Westbrook this year, his game would've been exactly the same. More opportunities cannot be mistaken for improved.

houstonfan
06-21-2013, 02:32 AM
No, because if you compare what he did from this year and last year, it's pretty much the same. James Harden was always a decent three point shooter. He was always an above average scorer. He was always a decent passer. He was always a good free throw shooter. He just got more opportunities and minutes. If he played with Durant and Westbrook this year, his game would've been exactly the same. More opportunities cannot be mistaken for improved.

I think you are missing my point. First off, he is significantly more than an "above average" scorer, but I will ignore that. When a guy is a superstar at 23 years old he is not done improving. We are not going to just keep seeing the same James Harden once he enters his prime. I realize you are trying to say that he has got more minutes, but he will become a better shooter, finisher, passer, everything once he gets more experience as the number one guy on a team.

TaylorMays
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
I think you are missing my point. First off, he is significantly more than an "above average" scorer, but I will ignore that. When a guy is a superstar at 23 years old he is not done improving. We are not going to just keep seeing the same James Harden once he enters his prime. I realize you are trying to say that he has got more minutes, but he will become a better shooter, finisher, passer, everything once he gets more experience as the number one guy on a team.
This. It's dumb to say Harden won't improve. He took some really stupid shots this hero and fell in love with hero ball at times and tries on defense less than anyone I've seen. And is CP3 supposed to be getting better soon for some reason?

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:48 AM

Guess you concluded my information wrong. He's not as talented as CP3 and as this playoffs showed, he's not exactly a great playoff performer. He can certainly improve, as can 200 other NBA players.

bholly
06-21-2013, 02:56 AM
CP3 if you can seriously contend now, Harden if you're building for the future. For the Rockets, Harden.

b@llhog24
06-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Paul is better. Harden is only being chosen because Cp3 has knee issues.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2013, 03:23 AM
CP3 is my favorite player and I've met him, however this is easily Harden. CP3 is better now but he's not getting better. The Clippers will be lucky if he's the player he is for half of the contract they hopefully sign him too. That's the price you have to pay to try to make a run at a title. CP3 will probably be a bad and possibly a terrible contract by the end. He'll turn 33 the last year of his contract. I'm a CP3 guy but this isn't a fair question. The better question would be who would rather have next season.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
If they trade away Blake, Jordan, Bledsoe...that would absolutely NOT be a better than the Rockets.

I don't think so. If they traded all those guys they'd have; CP3, Howard, KG, Pierce, Crawford with Doc as the coach. I really don't want to see the Clippers trade Blake for Howard. I don't think they are really considering tho.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:03 AM
harden is on the way to being a superstar!

--23--
06-21-2013, 04:10 AM
I don't think so. If they traded all those guys they'd have; CP3, Howard, KG, Pierce, Crawford with Doc as the coach. I really don't want to see the Clippers trade Blake for Howard. I don't think they are really considering tho.

See but they have no depth now and they're championship window is short to about 2 years. The current Houston team has a longer window to compete compared to that Clippers team. If you want a quick strike a championship(1-2 yrs) that Clippers team is ok, but if you want a long run at a championship Houston is the way to go.

c.c.
06-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Ummm this an "Hard" one, nah it isn't. HARDEN!

c.c.
06-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Guess you concluded my information wrong.He's not as talented as CP3 and as this playoffs showed, he's not exactly a great playoff performer. He can certainly improve, as can 200 other NBA players.

They both got eliminated in 6 games, thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Uh.... Why is this even,a question? Of course long term you want the 5 year younger star. Although I do agree with guy above who has a point on Harden. I didn't see anything about Harden,that made me say wow he improved. Still same atrocious defender, elite scorer and good passer he's always been. Play a guy like that 40 minutes a game with a full green light as the first option and of course he will deliver. I think Harden is one of those peak early players and isn't going to get much better. Not a bad thing though considering he was a 25/5/5 player this year and top 10 player. I have a real problem with his defense. It's right there with Kevin Martin as the worst defense I've seen in recent years.

Burkey3472
06-21-2013, 09:11 AM
CP3 now (next 3 years)

Harden in the future (due to age and Paul's troublesome knees)

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Uh.... Why is this even,a question? Of course long term you want the 5 year younger star. Although I do agree with guy above who has a point on Harden. I didn't see anything about Harden,that made me say wow he improved. Still same atrocious defender, elite scorer and good passer he's always been. Play a guy like that 40 minutes a game with a full green light as the first option and of course he will deliver. I think Harden is one of those peak early players and isn't going to get much better. Not a bad thing though considering he was a 25/5/5 player this year and top 10 player. I have a real problem with his defense. It's right there with Kevin Martin as the worst defense I've seen in recent years.

That's why you bring in Dwight to pair up with Asik to make up for his weaknesses. When you have two defensive giants in the middle, it does give you a little more space to work with ahaha.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2013, 09:14 AM
I.ve always thought Dwight would be amazing in Houston with Harden. Perfect pairing.

rockets-fan
06-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Well to the guy saying Harden won't improve, he can defiantly improve his defense..so yes he can get better overall haha

Clippersfan86
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Well to the guy saying Harden won't improve, he can defiantly improve his defense..so yes he can get better overall haha

I think he will refine his game a little bit but don't seem him making noticeable improvements going forward. He was a very NBA ready player and is already VERY far from raw. He's extremely skilled, intelligent and mature. I just think he's one of those players that peaks/hits prime young in their career. 25/5/5 is still an elite superstar, so it's not a knock. Maybe slightly better defense but he's not going to make a big jump.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2013, 06:04 PM
See but they have no depth now and they're championship window is short to about 2 years. The current Houston team has a longer window to compete compared to that Clippers team. If you want a quick strike a championship(1-2 yrs) that Clippers team is ok, but if you want a long run at a championship Houston is the way to go.

Sounds like youre backing off of your original post of they would "absolutely not" be better than the Rockets. In this post you basically say they absolutely would be better for the next 2 years.

alexander_37
06-21-2013, 06:36 PM
I think he will refine his game a little bit but don't seem him making noticeable improvements going forward. He was a very NBA ready player and is already VERY far from raw. He's extremely skilled, intelligent and mature. I just think he's one of those players that peaks/hits prime young in their career. 25/5/5 is still an elite superstar, so it's not a knock. Maybe slightly better defense but he's not going to make a big jump.

Ummmm .... Didn't get better?

Do you seriously think everyone would increase production while staying efficient while getting extra minutes?

Players that Harden had a better TS% than.

Paul
Melo
Griffin
Kobe
Duncan
Wade
Westbrook
Parker
Irving
Curry
Williams
Bosh
Dirk

So to say him getting more points in more minutes while being one of the most efficient players in the game is no big deal or obvious is downright asinine.