PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron have the best supporting cast ever?

Pages : [1] 2

still1ballin
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Thoughts? He has 2 stars in Bosh and wade and throw in the mix with shooters like Battier, Miller and Allen.

Discuss.

Riodagoat
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Nope. Jordan Bulls and Duncan/Robinson Spurs are still the two most complete team ever IMO.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
bosh is such a star 0 points in game 7 LOL.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:06 AM
3 players entering their primes and a bunch of sharpshooters. No teams in the last 3 yrs can match this. And i forgot rashard lewis but lucky he decline

Hawkeye15
06-21-2013, 01:06 AM
absolutely not.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Their style of play makes them a complete team. As good as cast as the jordan bulls

Nick O

shut down duncan when it mattered.. he had a very good finals all around.

ManRam
meh. the names "Wade", "Bosh", "Allen" all sound better than what they actually did in the playoffs. based on playoff performances, HELL NO.

Nick O
06-21-2013, 01:09 AM
my answer is probably ya though.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Yes he does but he still came up HUGE when it mattered. All star team or not he hit some dagger jumpers tonight. Can't hate on that.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Thoughts? He has 2 stars in Bosh and wade and throw in the mix with shooters like Battier, Miller and Allen.

Discuss.

KOBE GASOL HOWARD NASH.

end of story.

ironkobe
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
thats why you cant compare him too jordan

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 01:12 AM
They're a well put together team. Individually, they have nowhere near some of the star power on a few other championship teams.

They complement each other well, with the floor spacing, defense, penetration etc.

bholly
06-21-2013, 01:12 AM
3 players entering their primes and a bunch of sharpshooters. No teams in the last 3 yrs can match this. And i forgot rashard lewis but lucky he decline

lol at a significantly declined Wade 'entering his prime'.

meh. the names "Wade", "Bosh", "Allen" all sound better than what they actually did in the playoffs. based on playoff performances, HELL NO.

This.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:13 AM

Jordan had Pippen, whom you all probably take over Wade and Bosh anyways.

bathroom_man
Lebron had a great cast in cleveland one of the best, but they werent vets guys like battier, allen, miller, lewis who one of them can go bananas in 1 or 2 games

bucketss

LOL kobe fans getting desperate.

ManRam
and if you're talking "EVER" you're just, pardon my language PSD, an idiot.

go back to the 50s, 60s and 70s. the league was watered down...you had teams with 8 hall of famers and 3/5ths of the All-NBA team.

maaaayyybbbeee it's an argument if you change it to "the last 20 years or so", but "ever"???? nah, that's not even a question.

when healthy, i don't even think he had the best cast in the league this year...so there's a hint to my answer.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Lebron had a great cast in cleveland one of the best, but they werent vets guys like battier, allen, miller, lewis who one of them can go bananas in 1 or 2 games

lmao how minutes has lewis played these playoffs?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
KOBE GASOL HOWARD NASH.

end of story.

An over the hill gasol and nash. Lol

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
lmao how minutes has lewis played these playoffs?

I thought he was still playing for the magic or sonics. Lol

Sixerlover
06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
You can't even get past the 80s without saying no :laugh2:

ManRam
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM

it's no different than pretending that this dwayne wade is the same as the all-time great dwyane wade and that this chris bosh is the same as a franchise player chris bosh. neither of them played like anything more than a nice 3rd option in the playoffs.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM

and Bosh has played like **** except like one 1 game and Wade was pretty much a non factor throughout the playoffs on one leg. Wades pretty much not the same Wade we saw in 2006. not even close.

if we are going to base it off "star" power here, I'd say I would take Kobe's supporting cast over Bosh Wade and ... Ray Allen?? and they have Ron Artest.

come on now.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:18 AM
lol at a significantly declined Wade 'entering his prime'.

This.

A declining wade? lol. Dude was only 28, 28 years old and playin even better than coby bryant at 1 pt

Max.This
Well they may not have the best but their players complement the star in LeBron. I didn't watch the game but judging by the box score batter helped a lot with uncharacteristically 5 threes. Congrats to LeBron and the heat. Even though im not fond of LeBron as person he's still a great player

Raps18-19 Champ
Not even close.

Wade played good in like 2 out of 7 games in the finals and Bosh had like 1 good game. Not to mention they were unappealing for most of the playoffs.

Names are meaningless when performance is not up to par.

Max.This
06-21-2013, 01:20 AM
and Bosh has played like **** except like one 1 game and Wade was pretty much a non factor throughout the playoffs on one leg. Wades pretty much not the same Wade we saw in 2006. not even close.

if we are going to base it off "star" power here, I'd say I would take Kobe's supporting cast over Bosh Wade and ... Ray Allen?? and they have Ron Artest.

come on now.

Bosh was dumb stupid. He ref hurt his stock a lot this offseason. Theheat are putting him on the trade block but he def lost some value

bathroom_man
it's no different than pretending that this dwayne wade is the same as the all-time great dwyane wade and that this chris bosh is the same as a franchise player chris bosh. neither of them played like anything more than a nice 3rd option in the playoffs.

Thats cuz lebron handles the ball 99% of time. Of course their numbers gunna decline. But they still superstars

ManRam
A declining wade? lol. Dude was only 28, 28 years old and playin even better than coby bryant at 1 pt

who cares about any of that...

look how he played in the playoffs. that's all that matters. forget the name, the age, or whatever, if you're looking for the best supporting casts just look at performance. names mean nothing...the results are all that matter

ManRam
06-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Thats cuz lebron handles the ball 99% of time. Of course their numbers gunna decline. But they still superstars

oh come on. you know this isn't true. they simply weren't their best, at all. blame lebron for it or whatever, but just know that you're wrong.

wouldn't their efficiency go up with your "logic". wouldn't less of a burden lead to that? why did they struggle when lebron was out? why did they struggle when their numbers were called? lebron's fault too?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:24 AM

come on now.

Bosh plays different than how the heat plays in the playoffs. Its all lebron drives, kickout 3 pointer. But bosh is a superstar on any squad with different play style

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM

ROFL. Wade "super" star has pretty much turned supernova and almost into black hole. He's pretty much done and more into the role player.

Bosh is still good but majorly under-utilized in Miami. Role player for sure on a good team

Like I said, Kobe's supporting cast of Artest, Gasol, Howard, Nash over Wade, Bosh, ... i can't even say the rest of the Miami team cuz they are pretty much regular role players.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
You have to look at what the other teams have in any particular era. Does this Miami team have more talent than the Boston Celtics of the 60's. No. Does this team have more talent then the 80's Celtics and Lakers? I don't think so. But those 60's Celtics faced other teams full of hall of famers as well because that was the nature of the league due to no free agency. The 80' Lakers and Celtics had as much talent as they needed to face each other.

This Miami team is not facing anyone who can match their talent level so in a sense, they are one of the most talented teams put together. If all those players don't take less money to play together, there is no way that talent would be on one team

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
oh come on. you know this isn't true. they simply weren't their best, at all. blame lebron for it or whatever, but just know that you're wrong.

wouldn't their efficiency go up with your "logic". wouldn't less of a burden lead to that? why did they struggle when lebron was out? why did they struggle when their numbers were called? lebron's fault too?

Yeh lebron was resting how many minutes? And the even padded the lead or maintain it. Its lebron style of play

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Bosh plays different than how the heat plays in the playoffs. Its all lebron drives, kickout 3 pointer. But bosh is a superstar on any squad with different play style

Howard > Bosh
Anyone on the Lakers starting 3,4,5 > Wade.

Lakers by a long shot.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM
You have to look at what the other teams have in any particular era. Does this Miami team have more talent than the Boston Celtics of the 60's. No. Does this team have more talent then the 80's Celtics and Lakers? I don't think so. But those 60's Celtics faced other teams full of hall of famers as well because that was the nature of the league due to no free agency. The 80' Lakers and Celtics had as much talent as they needed to face each other.

This Miami team is not facing anyone who can match their talent level so in a sense, they are one of the most talented teams put together. If all those players don't take less money to play together, there is no way that talent would be on one team

The talent of the Miami Heat and the production are very far apart some games.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM

ROFL. Wade "super" star has pretty much turned supernova and almost into black hole. He's pretty much done and more into the role player.

Bosh is still good but majorly under-utilized in Miami. Role player for sure on a good team

Like I said, Kobe's supporting cast of Artest, Gasol, Howard, Nash over Wade, Bosh, ... i can't even say the rest of the Miami team cuz they are pretty much regular role players.

Are you taking age into consideration? 34 year old Kobe, 40 year old Nash, 33 year old Gasol? They more resemble the 90's old man Rocket team.

Teeboy1487
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Jordan had Pippen, whom you all probably take over Wade and Bosh anyways.

Maybe Bosh but Wade, I don't know. That's arguable.

dalton749

have you seen your ****ing team. lmao

koreancabbage
[QUOTE=koreancabbage;26484725]

Are you taking age into consideration? 34 year old Kobe, 40 year old Nash, 33 year old Gasol? They more resemble the 90's old man Rocket team.

I rather have Kobe's supporting cast of Artest, Gasol, Howard, Nash than the Lebron's supporting cast.

wouldn't you?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:30 AM

Lakers squad look good on paper but they lack experienced. Heat has built chemistry in a very time now. Yeh i take the heat big 3 anyday

jayjay33
Over all no, but it's up there. But his shooters are right there with Jordan's. one thing I give Par credit for. He went out and got bron shooters. Defenders and shooters make all most any superstar impossible to beat.

bucketss
lebron haters mad asf tonnight.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM

Lakers squad look good on paper but they lack experienced. Heat has built chemistry in a very time now. Yeh i take the heat big 3 anyday

we are talking about supporting cast. Not Kobe or Lebron. I rather have a prime Howard, serviceable and best passing big man in Gasol, Nash - who can still play, and Ron Artest. and even Earl Clark, who has emerged to become a great role player.

sunsfan88
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Bosh sucks. Allen had one good game. Wade had 2 good Finals games.

Kobe has played with Gasol, Shaq, Howard, Nash, Bynum etc in his life. So no, Kobe had the better supporting cast.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=DODGERS&LAKERS;26484753]

I rather have Kobe's supporting cast of Artest, Gasol, Howard, Nash than the Lebron's supporting cast.

wouldn't you?

Im a lakers fan and no way i would this kobes cast over lebrons cast. Lebrons cast fits him perfectly. Drive kickout, drive kickout

ManRam
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Yeh lebron was resting how many minutes? And the even padded the lead or maintain it. Its lebron style of play

Explain to me then why Wade put up top-3 player in the NBA stats during the regular season last year and top-7 player stats in this regular season...and then plays nothing like that in the playoffs?

LeBron's fault too? LeBron isn't dominating the ball more than he normally does in the playoffs.

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Bosh had 0 points and you're going to call this one of best supporting casts ever? Come on man. Throw in the fact that the rest of there players are literally inches away from retirement I don't know how you see it that way

sunsfan88

I have read a lot of your posts and I just wanna say that your probably the most knowledgeable person here. Even though your a Magic fan, you seem to know a lot about other teams and players.

Its good to see someone that actually knows what he's talking about.

Teeboy1487

Wade>Howard
Bosh> Gasol
Ray Allen < Nash only slightly this year

This years Lakers should not even be mentioned with the champs. Just my opinion.

dalton749
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
[QUOTE=koreancabbage;26484765]

Im a lakers fan and no way i would this kobes cast over lebrons cast. Lebrons cast fits him perfectly. Drive kickout, drive kickout

lebron would of had no trouble making the playoffs in kobes spot, injuries or not

bathroom_man
[QUOTE=bathroom_man;26484770]

we are talking about supporting cast. Not Kobe or Lebron. I rather have a prime Howard, serviceable and best passing big man in Gasol, Nash - who can still play, and Ron Artest. and even Earl Clark, who has emerged to become a great role player.

0 chemistry. Thats y theysuck so bad, maybe in 2 yrs when nash is 42, kobe 38 and gasol 36 and with full chemistry.lol

DODGERS&LAKERS
[QUOTE=DODGERS&LAKERS;26484753]

wouldn't you?

Is Dwight coming off of back surgery? Does Gasol still have knee and feet problems. Does Metta still suck? Is Nash still 40 and coming off a broken leg? If all that is still the case F yeah I would take the Heat roster in a second.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Explain to me then why Wade put up top-3 player in the NBA stats during the regular season last year and top-7 player stats in this regular season...and then plays nothing like that in the playoffs?

LeBron's fault too? LeBron isn't dominating the ball more than he normally does in the playoffs.

Cuz they dont face teams 7 straight times? So maybe thsts y he aint putting up god like stats? Playoffs are played differently. Wade prob only show up in big games. Those indiana games where he sucks, dude ptob didnt care much cuz its the pacers

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
have you seen your ****ing team. lmao

I have, did you see the 90's Rockets? Old with good names is not always the best recipe for success. If this team was all in their prime then I would take them over Miami in a second. Unfortunately its not the case

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE=bathroom_man;26484798]

lebron would of had no trouble making the playoffs in kobes spot, injuries or not

Dont put this x player here then there and then they win. Kobes prob hog the ball and all there 3 pt shooters wouldnt get a chance to shoot. Smd then u have lebrons driving kicking out to gasol and howard for long bombs

Lakersfan2483
06-21-2013, 01:45 AM
No, Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics were both stacked with hall of famers and very good role players. Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Wilkes, Scott, Cooper, McAdoo, Green, etc. Bird had K. McHale, R. Parrish, D. Johnson, D. Ainge, C. Maxwell, Walton, etc...

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I have, did you see the 90's Rockets? Old with good names is not always the best recipe for success. If this team was all in their prime then I would take them over Miami in a second. Unfortunately its not the case

Exactly old dudes who got 0 experiences playing together. If they playing 2 yrs together ago, then the big 3 heat got no chance

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Wade>Howard
Bosh> Gasol

This years Lakers should not even be mentioned with the champs. Just my opinion.

ROFL i'm done. wow

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
This roster is a leethal to lebron james style of play, its not even funny

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=koreancabbage;26484765]

Is Dwight coming off of back surgery? Does Gasol still have knee and feet problems. Does Metta still suck? Is Nash still 40 and coming off a broken leg? If all that is still the case F yeah I would take the Heat roster in a second.

are they still not good players at the end of the day?

You're all acting as if Wade is playing like a superstar.

Lakersfan2483
06-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Bosh sucks. Allen had one good game. Wade had 2 good Finals games.

Kobe has played with Gasol, Shaq, Howard, Nash, Bynum etc in his life. So no, Kobe had the best supporting cast ever.

I question your basketball knowledge with a statement like this. Yes, Kobe has had some great talent to play with however his team's weren't as loaded as Magic's and Bird's, not even close. Magic and Bird had the best talent. Also, go look at the Sixers team with Dr. J and Moses, they were loaded.

koreancabbage
Exactly old dudes who got 0 experiences playing together. If they playing 2 yrs together ago, then the big 3 heat got no chance

Lebron wouldn't have any trouble getting to the Finals with that roster. thats arguably the better cast of players.

DODGERS&LAKERS
No, Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics were both stacked with hall of famers and very good role players. Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Wilkes, Scott, Cooper, McAdoo, Green, etc. Bird had K. McHale, R. Parrish, D. Johnson, D. Ainge, C. Maxwell, Walton, etc...

What up man? But those teams played each other so in relativity, they were not the most stacked teams because that talent faced teams with equal talent.

I don't see anyone that can match up with the Heat "talent" wise currently. Team wise yes, obviously the Spurs could have beat them. But they did not have anyone who played as good as Wade this year.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
:facepalm: God.... The threads tonight are beyond atrocious. I though, for once, that Lebron haters and Kobephiles would give Lebron the credit he deserves, but it's clear now that it doesn't ****ing matter what the guy accomplishes.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Wade>Howard
Bosh> Gasol

Agree but Ray allen and steve nash almost even up

naps
06-21-2013, 01:53 AM

Discuss.

KOBE HAD the best best supporting cast ever! He had the most dominant player of all time to ride coat-tails!

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:54 AM
so the only way to justify that Lebron's team was amazing is to put down your own team.

way to go Lakers fans. can't even own up to owning the best players of the supporting casts. Howard is probably the best player of the supporting players. didn't he BEAST after the surgery?

all this team around Lebron is a bunch of shooters with a one legged Wade.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
:facepalm: God.... The threads tonight are beyond atrocious. I though, for once, that Lebron haters and Kobephiles would give Lebron the credit he deserves, but it's clear now that it doesn't ****ing matter what the guy accomplishes.

How about Lebron fans just enjoying this victory? Why they feel the need to bring up Kobe who hasn't played since April is beyond me.....

SeoulBeatz
not even close.

I'm thinking of some old bulls, lakers, celtics, and even one sixer team that had a MUCH stronger supporting cast around their star player than Lebron has.

SeoulBeatz
How about Lebron fans just enjoying this victory? Why people feel the need to bring up Kobe who hasn't played since April is beyond me.....

KOBBBEEEEEEeeeEEEEEE

Dade County
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
smh

bathroom_man
[QUOTE=DODGERS&LAKERS;26484823]

Dudes playing the bucks, bulls & pacers. Wades took night off and show up for the big games cuz he knows to save it for the big one

Htownballa1622
If by supporting cast you mean his headband then...yes :p

Congrats to the KING

fingerbang
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
No. Wade's a great player but he needs a cortisone shot to look like his old self. Bosh's play has been pretty underwhelming. Bosh is not a star. Age has ruduced Allen to a three point shooter. Correct me if I'm wrong but SA had a guy that shot the three pretty well, too.

WillisLovechild
06-21-2013, 01:58 AM

Everything you just said is wrong. Wade is majorly declining due to how terrible his knees are; he isn't what he was in the 2006 finals. Bosh has proven that he is overrated and he was a big fish in a tiny pond in Toronto. Ya obviously Lebron is Lebron, so that's all you're statement really has going for it. The fact that you mention Rashard Lewis as a redeeming factor for the Heat is absolutely disgusting. How much playing time did you see him get? A few minutes more than McGrady for the Spurs...

bathroom_man
so the only way to justify that Lebron's team was amazing is to put down your own team.

way to go Lakers fans. can't even own up to owning the best players of the supporting casts. Howard is probably the best player of the supporting players. didn't he BEAST after the surgery?

Beast after back surgery? U mean he made 97% freethrows during hackahoward. Yeh thats beasting

DODGERS&LAKERS
Originally posted by koreancabbage

At the end of the day is Wade not the 3rd best 2 guard ever? Did he not have a PER of a great 24 with a WS/48 of 192? That was a great year. Was Bosh not one of the best big men in the NBA just 3 years ago before he chose to be a 3rd option? Did he not have a great PER of 20 and a WS/48 of a respectable 175?

If you compare their advanced numbers, Bosh beats Howard in production this year.

And to answer your question, no. With the exception of Howard who played far below his capabilities this year, they were not good. Due to injury and age, they were not good. Look at their numbers for yourself

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Rashard lewis obvious joke. Humor man

sunsfan88
06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
I question your basketball knowledge with a statement like this. Yes, Kobe has had some great talent to play with however his team's weren't as loaded as Magic's and Bird's, not even close. Magic and Bird had the best talent. Also, go look at the Sixers team with Dr. J and Moses, they were loaded.
Sorry, I have no idea why I said that Kobe had the best supporting cast ever. I meant to say he has a better supporting cast than LeBron. I'll edit the post. My bad.

jayjay33
06-21-2013, 02:01 AM

Well maybe you lebrites are the problem. Just cause you drop to your knees to kiss the pinkie ring doesn't mean everyone will. some people like to stay objective.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Well maybe you lebrites are the problem. Just cause you drop to your knees to kiss the pinkie ring doesn't mean everyone will. some people like to stay objective.

Here's the thing, though. I'm not a Miami Heat fan!!!! I'm a Rockets fan!!! I AM the one being objective!!! You're the one who's not. You're allowing your hate for him to blind yourself from his insane abilities and accolades as a player. I love watching Lebron James play basketball, but make no mistake, I will root for the Rockets to beat Lebron's Heat 100 times out of 100 and not think twice about it.

Any rational NBA fan would be able to admit that Lebron is the greatest player in the world and would immediately recognize that his peak dwarfs Kobe's in every possible way. You are not rational. You're just hateful and wrong.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
So all the jumpshots wade made in the finals were all lucky. Dude hit jumpers like a prime coby. But dude tooks nights off the past 3 rounds for sure

PLAYERS FAN
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I never seen a superstar, to have that much space to shoot a jump shot in my life. What a joke! Yes to the question.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM

What part of they were all injured do you not understand? Howard was awful all year. His worst season since his rookie year. If Lebron goes into the 1st round vs the Spurs with Dwight, Pau, Lebron, Andrew Goudlock, and Darius Morris as his starting 5, they are not winning 2 games

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
I never seen a superstar, to have that much space to shoot a jump shot in my life. What a joke! Yes to the question.

You must have been watching the NBA for like two years if you honestly believe this. Hell, I would argue that Lebron's Heat had a worse supporting cast in this SERIES than Duncan's Spurs did, much less the greatest supporting cast of all time. To make this statement clearly shows how remarkably ignorant you are about the history of the NBA. Stick to what you know. Clearly that does not include NBA basketball.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Most of Jordans/Duncans/Kobes teams were better than Lebrons... Just silly

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Bottom line is lebron a great player snd if you hive him these type of veterans player, hes even a greater player. Put dwight on the heat. He will probably score 1 pt like chris bosh

Kashmir13579
06-21-2013, 02:11 AM
Not even close...

Swashcuff
06-21-2013, 02:13 AM
No

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Spurs had a great cast but it was too old for a game 7.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
What part of they were all injured do you not understand? Howard was awful all year. His worst season since his rookie year. If Lebron goes into the 1st round vs the Spurs with Dwight, Pau, Lebron, Andrew Goudlock, and Darius Morris as his starting 5, they are not winning 2 games

You put Kobe on this Miami team that lacks size and they don't get out of East in the first round.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 02:16 AM
At the end of the day is Wade not the 3rd best 2 guard ever? Did he not have a PER of a great 24 with a WS/48 of 192? That was a great year. Was Bosh not one of the best big men in the NBA just 3 years ago before he chose to be a 3rd option? Did he not have a great PER of 20 and a WS/48 of a respectable 175?

If you compare their advanced numbers, Bosh beats Howard in production this year.

And to answer your question, no. With the exception of Howard who played far below his capabilities this year, they were not good. Due to injury and age, they were not good. Look at their numbers for yourself

at the end of day. Lebron did NOT have the best supporting cast of all time.

I will end it at that. there has been too many examples listed earlier.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
You put Kobe on this Miami team that lacks size and they don't get out of East in the first round.

Bosh is as big as Gasol and a better defender. The Lakers got to the finals out of the west with Gasol at center. Im pretty sure he Wade, and Bosh can make it past the low level east teams. Bosh would go back to what he is good at and play in the post because Kobe does not play the "spread the floor for me" type of game.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Wow. Does the best supporting cast go through 2 games 7's? Let's be honest. LeBron had a great cast last year. This year? He had to bail out his teammates more than ever. Hobbling Wade, a Bosh who has been playing like a bench player, Ray Allen who was completely off in the Pacers series, and players in and out of rotation. LeBron was the difference maker in this playoffs. He carried his team through it all. The only consistent player of Miami.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 02:20 AM
Wow. Does the best supporting cast go through 2 games 7's? Let's be honest. LeBron had a great cast last year. This year? He had to bail out his teammates more than ever. Hobbling Wade, a Bosh who has been playing like a bench player, Ray Allen who was completely off in the Pacers series, and players in and out of rotation. LeBron was the difference maker in this playoffs. He carried his team through it all. The only consistent player of Miami.

This x2. /Thread

jayjay33
06-21-2013, 02:20 AM

Here's the thing, though. I'm not a Miami Heat fan!!!! I'm a Rockets fan!!! I AM the one being objective!!! You're the one who's not. You're allowing your hate for him to blind yourself from his insane abilities and accolades as a player. I love watching Lebron James play basketball, but make no mistake, I will root for the Rockets to beat Lebron's Heat 100 times out of 100 and not think twice about it.

Any rational NBA fan would be able to admit that Lebron is the greatest player in the world and would immediately recognize that his peak dwarfs Kobe's in every possible way. You are not rational. You're just hateful and wrong.

1. Who cares if your a heat fan? Your one of the BIGGEST lebrons fans on here.

2. Lets exam who is being more objective. I do and have fully acknowledged that's LBJ was clutc in games this series. But I also see that he was a scared afraid to do anything in other games this series

you only want me to look at the clutch lebron but not the scared lebron. That's not objective. That's the definition of mentally fragile yet you choose to ignore it. You are the one not being objective. And please don't say everybody has bad games. Because he didn't have bad games he freaking hide. An nobody does that.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:23 AM

So kobe, wade, bosh and allen cant beat 2 chucksters in monta & jennings. Hahaha. Size dont matter buddy. Pacers and spurs have no chance in a game 7 on the road. Might as well fast-forward like justinnum1 quoted

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 02:25 AM

2. Lets exam who is being more objective. I do and have fully acknowledged that's LBJ was clutc in games this series. But I also see that he was a scared afraid to do anything in other games this series

you only want me to look at the clutch lebron but not the scared lebron. That's not objective. That's the definition of mentally fragile yet you choose to ignore it. You are the one not being objective. And please don't say everybody has bad games. Because he didn't have bad games he freaking hide. An nobody does that.

:horse::win:;)

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 02:25 AM
at the end of day. Lebron did NOT have the best supporting cast of all time.

I will end it at that. there has been too many examples listed earlier.

I said as much as well. But like I said, teams were built that way back then. There were not a lot of teams so the talent was condensed on all the rosters. So even though the Celtics were great, they played the Lakers with Wilt, West, Baylor, Goodrich. So the Celtics were not so far ahead of everybody.

So relatively speaking, no team has been put together like this with all the main players in their prime who are in a league with no other team having that many good/great players in their prime.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:26 AM

Indiana game 7 is a joke. The heat like the lakers took nights off much like Wade. And ray allen bail lebron when his dear life on the line

cmellofan15
06-21-2013, 02:26 AM
This question is absolutely idiotic...

What fan of the NBA would actually say yes to this? Complete bait thread and laughable that anybody would think such a thing.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-21-2013, 02:28 AM
OP is such a hater, get off our nuts.

BACK TO BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Allen, battier, miller, chambers dont even have break sweats. Sleep walk on the 3 pt line all day. Easiest jobs ever

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Indiana game 7 is a joke. The heat like the lakers took nights off much like Wade. And ray allen bail lebron when his dear life on the line

Oh yeah, it was a joke for sure. Ray Allen didn't bail James out, he bailed Miami. He's part of the team, moron.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 02:33 AM

Question.... Did Michael Jordan hit every single game-tying or game-winning shot for the Bulls in the history of his career? If the answer is "no" (which it is), then your argument is invalid and you should be quiet before you look stupid.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Oh yeah, it was a joke for sure. Ray Allen didn't bail James out, he bailed Miami. He's part of the team, moron.

Yeh lebron went hero ball like kobe and miss 2 threes. And ray ray made it up for him. Y name calling. U mad. Your team won the ship . Should be happy

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Like I said, its all about relativity.

60'S Celtics faced off against the 60's Lakers and Wilts Warriors.
80'S Lakers and Celtics faced the great Sixer teams and the Bad Boys
2000'S Lakers had to go through a prime Spur team.
Kobe's Lakers faced a great Celtics team.
All those teams may have more talent but they faced competition that requires that type of talent to win.

I don't know who this Heat team is going to have to be able to challenge it. Obviously it wont be a 37 year old Duncan, a crapped out Manu and the rest. I don't see anyone in the east that has a chance to be as good as them. Maybe the Thunder but I think they messed up trading Harden. The Thunder may have to do what Jordans Bulls did, and this Heat team has done. Wait till the Heat are old and over the hill and start to dominate because I cant see anyone beating the Heat for the next 2 to 3 years

DaBear
06-21-2013, 02:37 AM
LeBron homers will say no, Jordan had a better supporting cast. But then they'll turn around and say LeBron's Heat will beat Jordan's Bulls :laugh2:

DaBear
06-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Question.... Did Michael Jordan hit every single game-tying or game-winning shot for the Bulls in the history of his career? If the answer is "no" (which it is), then your argument is invalid and you should be quiet before you look stupid.

Did he have to get bailed out of a choking effort? I don't think so.

DaBear
06-21-2013, 02:39 AM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about his legacy, moron.

bathroom_man

Not with his life on the line, jordan didnt. Lol. Finals wise. Jordans never been in the situation b4 but the 1 over utah byrom russell is close

mightybosstone
LeBron homers will say no, Jordan had a better supporting cast. But then they'll turn around and say LeBron's Heat will beat Jordan's Bulls :laugh2:

I would say hell yes to your first point and hell no to the second. Both are fairly common sense arguments, really. Jordan's teams were much better constructed and coached. It's like adding the best of what we saw from this Finals: the sheer talent of Miami and the veteran leadership and coaching of San Antonio. The 90s Bulls were a nearly unstoppable force.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:40 AM

Jordan did have a better supporting cast. Pippen is the greatest wing defender along with the greatest rebounder in Rodman.

cmellofan15
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
And let's not forget coaching...which LeBron has pretty much played without his whole career.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
I'm pretty sure he's talking about his legacy, moron.

And game 6 is part of LeBron's legacy just like Allen is part of Miami's roster. Don't get mad that your team is a failure for the past what? 20 years? Go sit in the bench like Rose.

DaBear
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Jordan did have a better supporting cast. Pippen is the greatest wing defender along with the greatest rebounder in Rodman.

I agree, which is why I don't think the Heat would take those Bulls teams in a 7 game series. Especially the 91/96 Bulls.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Like I said, its all about relativity.

60'S Celtics faced off against the 60's Lakers and Wilts Warriors.
80'S Lakers and Celtics faced the great Sixer teams and the Bad Boys
2000'S Lakers had to go through a prime Spur team.
Kobe's Lakers faced a great Celtics team.
All those teams may have more talent but they faced competition that requires that type of talent to win.

I don't know who this Heat team is going to have to be able to challenge it. Obviously it wont be a 37 year old Duncan, a crapped out Manu and the rest. I don't see anyone in the east that has a chance to be as good as them. Maybe the Thunder but I think they messed up trading Harden. The Thunder may have to do what Jordans Bulls did, and this Heat team has done. Wait till the Heat are old and over the hill and start to dominate because I cant see anyone beating the Heat for the next 2 to 3 years

Lakers may be the next old team to beat the heat. 2 yrs playing together may be enough. Am dreaming

jayjay33
06-21-2013, 02:43 AM

:horse::win:;)

That's fair. But you can't argue what I said cause you know it's true it's . So why get so pissed. I mean what can you say no he didn't get scared, he was just giving the spurs false hope. Lmao.

Oh and I don't have a problem, with him winning. You see I actually like LBJ. Lol

DaBear
06-21-2013, 02:45 AM
And game 6 is part of LeBron's legacy just like Allen is part of Miami's roster. Don't get mad that your team is a failure for the past what? 20 years? Go sit in the bench like Rose.

Winning 4 championships in the last 20 years is a failure? Yeah, you're a moron.

I'm arguing with a guy who just hopped on the bandwagon. Go figure.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:47 AM

He just went bananas early 4th, the rest of the way, just hero ball and miss a ton. Then there u have ray allen saving lebron from losing 3/4. His legacy would be devastated

Korman12
06-21-2013, 02:49 AM
I always thought the 86 Celtics had the best "built" team ever.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:51 AM
And let's not forget coaching...which LeBron has pretty much played without his whole career.

Erik spo is just another coach who inherit a great player and great team. I say hes slightly better than mike dtoni

Chronz
06-21-2013, 02:52 AM

dude. Rashard Lewis can bawl....hes still the same player hes just on a stacked Miami team. If he was on a last place team, he could put up 20ppg again. Hes still a sniper

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Yeah the talents have been so lopsiding the last 3 yrs. old boston lakers were more even. Of course the heat gunna beat the spurs. The spurs dont have a prime superstar to take on game 7 on the road. Heat were just toying around. But they almost fcked it up in game 6

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Winning 4 championships in the last 20 years is a failure? Yeah, you're a moron.

I'm arguing with a guy who just hopped on the bandwagon. Go figure.

And who exactly is your team?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:58 AM
dude. Rashard Lewis can bawl....hes still the same player hes just on a stacked Miami team. If he was on a last place team, he could put up 20ppg again. Hes still a sniper

Yup, was no room for him behind all the snipers they got ahead of him. And all dude have to do is sit on the 3 pt line all day all nite

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:58 AM
He just went bananas early 4th, the rest of the way, just hero ball and miss a ton. Then there u have ray allen saving lebron from losing 3/4. His legacy would be devastated

His legacy would be devastated but you don't get the point, do you? Ray Allen plays for the Miami Heat. If you're going to put the blame all on James, why would anyone say he has the best supporting cast ever?

More-Than-Most
06-21-2013, 02:59 AM

Jordans Bulls would destroy this heat team... This heat team is not even a more complete team than Spurs/Thunder and hell possibly pacers/Bulls.... Lebron James makes up for all this teams mistakes/Weaknesses

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:07 AM
His legacy would be devastated but you don't get the point, do you? Ray Allen plays for the Miami Heat. If you're going to put the blame all on James, why would anyone say he has the best supporting cast ever?

I didnt say he had the best cast ever. But i blame him for hero ball late 4th quarter where he didnt convert. And allen had to make that 3 or else. He had a so so game for his standards and for a guy who handles the ball like 98% or watever of the time, gotta blame him mostly

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Jordans Bulls would destroy this heat team... This heat team is not even a more complete team than Spurs/Thunder and hell possibly pacers/Bulls.... Lebron James makes up for all this teams mistakes/Weaknesses

Thank you. They seem to confuse best support cast. Ray Allen/Battier/Mike Miller couldn't create their own three if they wanted. If you notice, at least 70% of Miami's threes are created by James. Yes, Allen/Battier/Miller were great individual players in their own right but Jordan's team had all the things Jordan needed.

Best defender? Scottie Pippen.
Greatest rebounder? Rodman.

James is Miami's best defender.
He is their best scorer.
He is their best passer.
He is their best rebounder.

Jordan never had to worry about those two things.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:09 AM
I didnt say he had the best cast ever. But i blame him for hero ball late 4th quarter where he didnt convert. And allen had to make that 3 or else. He had a so so game for his standards and for a guy who handles the ball like 98% or watever of the time, gotta blame him mostly

And LeBron James wins at the end of the day. Got anything else to say?

ecorrea
06-21-2013, 03:09 AM
One of the most talented teams ever assembled. Whether bosh and wade act like it on the floor or in these playoffs is not the question.

The point is not only do y have to d lebron, one of the best to ever play the game. But u also open up his lanes when u have two all stars, at least one of which is a lock hof, and sharpshooters in Allen miller etc flanking him at all times.

There have not been many if any teams constructed like this almost entirely through free agency.

Thoughts manram?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:10 AM

They dont have to be a complete team. Small ball is cool too u know. So who on the bulls would take out all the heats snipers?

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:12 AM
And LeBron James wins at the end of the day. Got anything else to say?

2-2 in finals. That aint winning. Its break even. His team got lucky in game 6. And im not complaining bout the refs. Coach pop choke

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Thank you. They seem to confuse best support cast. Ray Allen/Battier/Mike Miller couldn't create their own three if they wanted. If you notice, at least 70% of Miami's threes are created by James. Yes, Allen/Battier/Miller were great individual players in their own right but Jordan's team had all the things Jordan needed.

Best defender? Scottie Pippen.
Greatest rebounder? Rodman.

James is Miami's best defender.
He is their best scorer.
He is their best passer.
He is their best rebounder.

Jordan never had to worry about those two things.

Snipers job is too just sit there and hit long range not dribble drive down the middle and all fine ones as well. Thats wade lebrons job

Those snipers in cleveland were terrible shooters no experienced in plAyoffs. Yeh he had a great cast in cleveland way better than kobe

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Snipers job is too just sit there and hit long range not dribble drive down the middle and all fine ones as well. Thats wade lebrons job

Those snipers in cleveland were terrible shooters no experienced in plAyoffs. Yeh he had a great cast in cleveland way better than kobe

What? So how is it the best cast if all they do is stand there shooting threes? Better yet, how do they even get open for threes when James isn't there? James is utilizing his team the best way possible and that is why they are as good as they look. Take James out, you have Wade/Chalmers as the only other players to kick out for an open 3. Great cast at Cleveland, way better than Kobe's cast? Wow, I tried to take your comments with a serious projection but it's clear, you're delusional.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:27 AM
What? So how is it the best cast if all they do is stand there shooting threes? Better yet, how do they even get open for threes when James isn't there? James is utilizing his team the best way possible and that is why they are as good as they look. Take James out, you have Wade/Chalmers as the only other players to kick out for an open 3. Great cast at Cleveland, way better than Kobe's cast? Wow, I tried to take your comments with a serious projection but it's clear, you're delusional.

Best cast for lebron jame style of play. Its different type of cast buddy. Yup cleveland cast is better than kobe or on par. Why? Style of play

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Only difference between cavs roster and this current heat roster is the extra man wade. Everybody snipers. One inexperience, the other highly experience. That is the difference in winning and losing.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 03:52 AM
really weird

Poem33
06-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Only difference between cavs roster and this current heat roster is the extra man wade. Everybody snipers. One inexperience, the other highly experience. That is the difference in winning and losing.

now I know why he called you a bigot. cavs never had a lethal three point shooting squad. they were decent and that was because of the attention james draws from the double/triple teams and leaving open shooters. style of play... so lebron has the best cast because he knows how to use it? that is a testament of a great player, not a great cast. kobe had odom, shaq, fisher, horry, bynum, gasol.. all of them were better than the scrubs james had in cleveland. also, shaq was a better player than Kobe when it mattered.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 09:10 AM
now I know why he called you a bigot. cavs never had a lethal three point shooting squad. they were decent and that was because of the attention james draws from the double/triple teams and leaving open shooters. style of play... so lebron has the best cast because he knows how to use it? that is a testament of a great player, not a great cast. kobe had odom, shaq, fisher, horry, bynum, gasol.. all of them were better than the scrubs james had in cleveland. also, shaq was a better player than Kobe when it mattered.

Boobie gibson, anthony parker, mo williams all 40% from 3 pt & danny green ? I give u danny green tho. Lol

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
2-2 in finals. That aint winning. Its break even. His team got lucky in game 6. And im not complaining bout the refs. Coach pop choke

still got two championships.

4 finals appearances is pretty much legendary as the main guy on a team- even if he loses - but everyone wants him to lose. you can't say that about many stars nowadays or in the past. Some star players wished they got 1 Finals appearance, let alone 4.

believe it or not, finals appearances are also important.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 09:39 AM

4 finals appearances is pretty much legendary as the main guy on a team- even if he loses - but everyone wants him to lose. you can't say that about many stars nowadays or in the past. Some star players wished they got 1 Finals appearance, let alone 4.

Finals appearance for a given the last 3 years. East is so weak sauce

BklynKnicks3
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
without a doubt by far the team has so many diff guy that could beat u. Bosh gets 0 so chalmers n battier give u 32. Lebron played like a man for once. I still find it tough giving him any credit playing with that much help. Playing with a champion in dwade he will always have one more then u!!!

Delrayhc
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Your posts are weaker than the east.

Delrayhc
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
without a doubt by far the team has so many diff guy that could beat u. Bosh gets 0 so chalmers n battier give u 32. Lebron played like a man for once. I still find it tough giving him any credit playing with that much help. Playing with a champion in dwade he will always have one more then u!!!

Your an idiot. You might be the worst poster/troll on this site. Every superstar thats a champion has a lot of help. I dont know if you can count but its always 5 on 5 on the court.

Kobe2324
06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I hate to give the guy credit because I really dont like him but I would have to say no he dosn't, but what he does have is a perfect mix of players that suit his style of play which in a way is better than having a team that looks great on paper, they have something they should have around Kobe and have rarely ever done so and thats have players that can shoot, other than birdman everyone can hit a long range shot on this teams, that exactly what players like Lebron and Kobe need

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 10:01 AM

within the last 10 years. 5 champions have been from the East and 5 have been from the West.

If the East is weak, Miami wouldn't have to play 7 games to beat Indiana.

yet people are saying the last few years: New York can beat Miami, Chicago can beat Miami, Indiana can beat Miami.

Its not as easy as you say it is. Its as if you can throw together a team and automatically win.

Heat are there in the Finals based on circumstances and there isn't really anything they can do about it. Its not their fault if the rest of the teams suck...its all circumstances.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM

1. people have provided proof in earlier posts on why the Heat do not have the most stacked supporting cast/ team. This team is a bunch of shooters. How is that stacked? They do nothing else but camp at the three point line for most of the game. Even Bosh. All of these guys are a shell of their former selves.

2. Lebron has better game 7 stats than Kobe or Jordan. He has stepped up in crucial times and this series was not the first time he has done something like this. His team hasn't shown up half the time in those game 7s.

3. The same old Dwayne Wade argument.

You're clinging at straws now man. Your arguments are getting old and outdated. and you say the same ****. please, just go back to the Knicks forum until you have something relevant to say.

king4day
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't consider any of the big 3 the 'supporting cast'.
Allen, Chalmers, and Andersen are the best role players they have. Battier had one good game. Miller and Cole have been inconsistent. Lewis doesn't play. I just think there are better cases to be made (And have been made already).

NYKalltheway
06-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Adjusted to the competiton's rosters, yes.

ewing
06-21-2013, 10:17 AM

Discuss.

Not even close. Teams were stacked before Stern kept adding team after team

ATX
06-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Ever?

No

Great?

Yes

pacofunk64
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM
On paper it is but it's very obvious they need an actual "big"

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 10:31 AM
within the last 10 years. 5 champions have been from the East and 5 have been from the West.

If the East is weak, Miami wouldn't have to play 7 games to beat Indiana.

yet people are saying the last few years: New York can beat Miami, Chicago can beat Miami, Indiana can beat Miami.

Its not as easy as you say it is. Its as if you can throw together a team and automatically win.

Heat are there in the Finals based on circumstances and there isn't really anything they can do about it. Its not their fault if the rest of the teams suck...its all circumstances.

Indiana is a joke. Miami took nights off and play down to their competition to make it like its a rival. but in reality, its cakewalk in 3/4 of their victories. They like to fool you to think indiana is a great team, same with boston last yr. and im talking about the last 3 yr where the superstar team form not the last 10 yrs

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Indiana is a joke. Miami took nights off and play down to their competition to make it like its a rival. but in reality, its cakewalk in 3/4 of their victories. They like to fool you to think indiana is a great team, same with boston last yr. and im talking about the last 3 yr where the superstar team form not the last 10 yrs

in the end, didn't Spurs have the cake walk to the Finals? It seems that they had a pretty easy run to the finals. Noone in the West even came close to giving the Spurs a challenge.

gmckenziejr82
06-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't consider any of the big 3 the 'supporting cast'.
Allen, Chalmers, and Andersen are the best role players they have. Battier had one good game. Miller and Cole have been inconsistent. Lewis doesn't play. I just think there are better cases to be made (And have been made already).

I agree with this. And this is not the best supporting cast ever, but it is a good one. And on both sides of the spectrum there have been some idiotic post for and against.

As far as the supporting casts go, the heats was not non existent. Each has stepped up at certain times and delivered good shots or performances. That is part of what makes a championship team win. In game 2 chalmers came thru with 19, plus 11 players scored. In game 4 ray scored 14, but they didn't need much more because the big three combined for 85 points. In game 6, chalmers scored 20, battier knocked down 3 threes (one that helped swing the momentum), and Ray hit a 3 that I don't even need to explain the significance of. In game 7, chalmers added 14, and battier hit 6 deflating three point shots. I also think it is debatable that the spurs have an even supporting cast with the heat, hence the reason they were in the finals. But the biggest difference was lebron in games 6 and 7. Both performances for the ages.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
1. people have provided proof in earlier posts on why the Heat do not have the most stacked supporting cast/ team. This team is a bunch of shooters. How is that stacked? They do nothing else but camp at the three point line for most of the game. Even Bosh. All of these guys are a shell of their former selves.

2. Lebron has better game 7 stats than Kobe or Jordan. He has stepped up in crucial times and this series was not the first time he has done something like this. His team hasn't shown up half the time in those game 7s.

3. The same old Dwayne Wade argument.

You're clinging at straws now man. Your arguments are getting old and outdated. and you say the same ****. please, just go back to the Knicks forum until you have something relevant to say.

Just a bunch of shooters is all lebron needs. And its stacked ( batty, ray, miller, chambers, lewis even james jone)

Bosh is use the wrong way. He aint no center power forward. Haha, former shell

gmckenziejr82
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
in the end, didn't Spurs have the cake walk to the Finals? It seems that they had a pretty easy run to the finals. Noone in the West even came close to giving the Spurs a challenge.

Not trying to bait you, but weren't you talking about how good the Lakers supporting cast was?

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 10:40 AM

This is actually not a bad argument. Miami's path to the Finals was relatively easy on paper, but it's not like the Spurs were tested often. They got a joke of a Lakers team with no Kobe and a banged-up Nash and an overrated, super young Golden State team before facing off against Memphis, who was their only legitimate challenger. I'd put Memphis and Indiana in the same discussion in terms of style and talent. The only difference is that Miami doesn't have the personnel to match up with Indiana like San Antonio did with Memphis. If you give Miami a solid defensive center, that Indiana series doesn't go seven games.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM

We"re talking the last 3 yrs. miami sleep walk into the finals like no other teams. The east yr in yr out has bad bad team.

gmckenziejr82
06-21-2013, 10:50 AM
This is actually not a bad argument. Miami's path to the Finals was relatively easy on paper, but it's not like the Spurs were tested often. They got a joke of a Lakers team with no Kobe and a banged-up Nash and an overrated, super young Golden State team before facing off against Memphis, who was their only legitimate challenger. I'd put Memphis and Indiana in the same discussion in terms of style and talent. The only difference is that Miami doesn't have the personnel to match up with Indiana like San Antonio did with Memphis. If you give Miami a solid defensive center, that Indiana series doesn't go seven games.

Outside of the Indiana series, the heat had a cakewalk also. The bucks shouldn't have been a playoff team (and that's my home team) and the bulls were eventually going to hit the wall with no real scoring threat. But to get to the main reason I responded, I don't understand what this argument has to do with this thread. Either we are saying the spurs had the easiest path so that is why they got to the finals and lost? Or are we saying the heat had the hardest path and still won the finals? All non relevant to the thread. Just saying.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Not with his life on the line, jordan didnt. Lol. Finals wise. Jordans never been in the situation b4 but the 1 over utah byrom russell is close
Exactly. Jordan's coaching and supporting cast was so good he never had to be in that situation. But to say Jordan never had a bad postseason game or missed a game-tying or game-winning shot in is life is remarkably naive.

That's fair. But you can't argue what I said cause you know it's true it's . So why get so pissed. I mean what can you say no he didn't get scared, he was just giving the spurs false hope. Lmao.

Oh and I don't have a problem, with him winning. You see I actually like LBJ. Lol
Okay.... Let's settle this "mentally fragile" argument once and for all. There are three reasons I'm constantly told why Lebron is "mentally fragile," so let's break those down to see how legitimate they are.

Argument No. 1: Lebron is mentally fragile because he fails in big moments...
No one is denying that the guy had some bad games in this potseason. Although he was amazing against Indiana, he was only so-so against Chicago and had one truly terrible game against the Spurs (Game 3), two so-so games in which he deferred too much (Games 1-2) and three terrible quarters in Game 6. Again, no one is denying that. But how does that make him mentally fragile? MJ wasn't perfect, and is Kobe perfect? Look at his awful stats against Boston in the Finals four years ago and you'll see that definitely isn't the case. A few bad games do not make you mentally fragile. If anything, it just makes you human. You're not going to have it every night, and sometimes the shots won't fall. But in the biggest possible moments last night and probably the biggest or second biggest game of his career, he stepped up in a monumental way. How can you ignore that?

Argument No. 2: Lebron is mentally fragile because he defers too much.
This is an easy one to disprove. The biggest problem with this statement is that it's a poor view of him as a basketball player. He's not Kobe or Michael. He doesn't need to take off-balanced 32-footers late in games. He wants to find the best shot possible on the floor and give his team the best chance to win the game. He's got a little Michael in his game in terms of crazy efficiency, but he's got a lot of Magic in him too in term's of playmaking and creating shots for other guys. Was Magic "mentally fragile" because he deferred late in games? No. Because that's his game. You don't rip guys for playing to their strengths and you can't rip Lebron for trying to get the best shot possible in late game possessions. And (again), it's not like he doesn't step up in big moments on his own. He certainly proved that last night.

Argument No. 3: Lebron is mentally fragile because he created a big three in Miami.
This is the worst argument of them all. If he stays in Cleveland, he might never win a title, and people would be crucifying him for that. I don't consider this "mentally fragile" whatsoever. If anything, this is mental toughness at its finest. You think it was easy for him to leave his home state, his teammates and the franchise which made him an international superstar? I'm sure it wasn't. But he made a conscious, intelligent decision to go where he had the best chance to win. We criticize stars all the time for taking money over playing for a contender. Lebron did the exact opposite, but we're ripping him for it anyway.

sammyvine
06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
but did you not say the lakers were better without kobe?
i remember you drumming on about that.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Exactly. Jordan's coaching and supporting cast was so good he never had to be in that situation. But to say Jordan never had a bad postseason game or missed a game-tying or game-winning shot in is life is remarkably naive.

of course he gunna miss game winners in nonmeaningful games, im talking about situational ones like lebrons james. if ray miss that 3pt, lebron is 1 and 3 and having lost 2 outta 3 with Home Court

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:27 AM
delete

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Not trying to bait you, but weren't you talking about how good the Lakers supporting cast was?

yes. But then people start complaining about chemistry and everything else in between. On paper I would take the Lakers supporting cast. There was no chemistry b/w the good players on that team or a good coach. I believe Mike Brown should have been given more time. If you are comparing player to player - Lakers for sure. The success for Lebron was having shooters around him - just shooters.

I personally would take Lakers supporting cast next year as well. Maybe some chemistry could help them.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
We"re talking the last 3 yrs. miami sleep walk into the finals like no other teams. The east yr in yr out has bad bad team.

Didn't OKC have an easy run to the Finals as well? I mean they swept the former champs in Dallas, Raped the Lakers in 5, and beat SA in 6 - I mean they won 4 STRAIGHT against SA to take the series.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
The 96-98 Bulls were a better roster by far. Why:

- Rodman was better than Bosh because Rodman was the premiere defending and rebounding PF of the day.
- Longley wasn't great, but I'd put him on par with Haslem or Birdman especially in that day when everybody was less athletic (he guarded Greg freaking Ostertag for crying out loud).
- Steve Kerr and Ray Allen provided the same thing.
- Harper was light years better than Chalmers. People fail to remember that he was a 20ppg guy before the Bulls.
- Kukoc was a top 3 Euro of the day. I'd take him every day of the week over Battier/Mike Miller.
- Wade is a player, but Pippen was what LBJ is now on the defensive end and in rebounding. Not to mention that he probably averaged offensively what Wade has this Finals in terms of ppg.
- LBJ and MJ were the catalysts of their teams

People don't realize how well put together those 96-98 Bulls were.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Didn't OKC have an easy run to the Finals as well? I mean they swept the former champs in Dallas, Raped the Lakers in 5, and beat SA in 6 - I mean they won 4 STRAIGHT against SA to take the series.

a SA team whos probably gunna win 60 games plus, a defending champs mav and i rather face a losers team in carmelo knicks/pacers rather than a champs vets kobe/gasol/bynum

Stinkyoutsider
06-21-2013, 12:38 PM
No, I think there's other supporting casts that were better like the showtime Lakers with Magic, Worthy, and the group. Or, what about the Celtics with Bird, McHale, and their group?

Wade is hall of fame caliber player and Bosh is very good but Ray Allen is on the back end of his career, Mike Miller is no where near the player he was in his prime (injuries), and Battie has always been solid.

Heatcheck
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Lakers had 3 or four hall of famers in their prime and pat riley, then Shaq and kobe plus phil, then Kobe and Pau plus 2 other 7fters one of whom could bring the ball up and shoot threes, Celtics had 3 or 4 hofs and red aurbach, Bulls had 3 and Phil jackson, Pistons had at least 2 and chuck daley, then had the whole eastern confrence all star team and larry brown. theyre pretty even.

koberulesall
06-21-2013, 12:59 PM
with david stern in his corner and the rest of the nba pumping money into his fixed games yeah i would say he does

Guppyfighter
06-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Anyone who thinks this is stupid.

valade16
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
A better question would be "Is this the best supporting cast ever relative to it's time". I.e. does LeBron have a better supporting cast over the rest of the current league as opposed to Jordan did over the league in the 90's?

I still say no, but it's up there.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
but did you not say the lakers were better without kobe?
i remember you drumming on about that.

I think the Lakers offense is way too Kobe-centric when he's on the floor and the team runs much better when he's playing more of a Lebron-like role, but I've NEVER said that I thought the Lakers are a better basketball team without Kobe Bryant.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
a SA team whos probably gunna win 60 games plus, a defending champs mav and i rather face a losers team in carmelo knicks/pacers rather than a champs vets kobe/gasol/bynum

yet in the playoffs, those teams weren't even close the level OKC was playing at. It was an easy run by OKC - regardless what irrelevant opposing team records they had. OKC made them their *****es. Just like how Miami made everyone in the East. and yet we have Miami coming out on top.

rhymeratic
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Nah, there have been teams like this in the past where you have some guys in their prime and guys who were REALLY good that are at tail end of their careers. At the end of the day, I think this is it for this team as currently constructed. I am 99.999% sure there will be a new champion next year. Heat are gonna have a lot of holes to fill and REALLY will have to trade Bosh.

And I have zero faith in Wade's knees going forward. I think he's done. That's NOT a knock on them at all. Just being realistic, they got a lot to swap out just to maintain where they're at. If they were smart about it, time to cherry pick the small market teams (Sacramento) to get the true big they desire (Cousins)

natelpete
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM
and if you're talking "EVER" you're just, pardon my language PSD, an idiot.

go back to the 50s, 60s and 70s. the league was watered down...you had teams with 8 hall of famers and 3/5ths of the All-NBA team.

maaaayyybbbeee it's an argument if you change it to "the last 20 years or so", but "ever"???? nah, that's not even a question.

when healthy, i don't even think he had the best cast in the league this year...so there's a hint to my answer.

I, sir, am offended by your choice of words. :sad2:

NYKalltheway
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM

- Rodman was better than Bosh because Rodman was the premiere defending and rebounding PF of the day.
- Longley wasn't great, but I'd put him on par with Haslem or Birdman especially in that day when everybody was less athletic (he guarded Greg freaking Ostertag for crying out loud).
- Harper was light years better than Chalmers. People fail to remember that he was a 20ppg guy before the Bulls.
- Kukoc was a top 3 Euro of the day. I'd take him every day of the week over Battier/Mike Miller.
- Wade is a player, but Pippen was what LBJ is now on the defensive end and in rebounding. Not to mention that he probably averaged offensively what Wade has this Finals in terms of ppg.

The competition back then was much more fierce... Adjusted to the competition, this is by far the most stacked team of all time. Only one comparable is the 60s Celtics.

natelpete
06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
with david stern in his corner and the rest of the nba pumping money into his fixed games yeah i would say he does

Getting desperate.... sad

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 02:05 PM
The competition back then was much more fierce... Adjusted to the competition, this is by far the most stacked team of all time. Only one comparable is the 60s Celtics.

competition back then was more fierce but one could make an argument the talent pool is greater and that the skill level is better today. With increased international competition and the world actually putting up a fight to the US, all I can say is that people are overrating the team Lebron James and in return, reducing the impact Lebron has on the game.

just sad really.

nycericanguy
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Kerr was essentially a Steve Novak that guarded PG's, comparing him to Ray Allen is laughable. Allen would have been the 2nd best offensive player on NY.. that's how big the talent gap is from the #1 seed to #2.

Ron Harper was not the same player in CHI after that knee injury, his career fell off a cliff, he was essentially what Battier is for MIA.

That Bulls team was stacked no doubt, I don't know if this MIA team is the most stacked ever... I mean there are 30 teams now. Bill Russell played in an era of 10 teams.

But in a league of 30 teams, MIA having the best player in the game, a top 3 SG, a top 3 PF, and one of the better sixth men and shooters in the history of the game... I'd say that's pretty damn stacked.

And Chalmers is underrated, he'll never be consistent with Bosh, LBJ & Wade there, but he's a solid player and was HUGE for them those final 2 games.

ChicagoJ
06-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I think one of the big differences between the 90s bulls and the heat is Jordan, pippen, and Phil had been together for many seasons. People don't realize how important it is for a team to play together over time. They get so much better as a group. Role players fill the gap.

Redskins10
06-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Like Andre Iggy said, if you still hate Lebron you need a life coach. I'm looking at you bathroom_man..

Bruno
06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Maybe the best supporting championship cast since Boston in 2008. perfectly built to dominate its era, leaving teams with dominant 7+ foot plus defensive anchors as the only potential threat (Chandler, Hibbert, Duncan).

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:52 PM
The competition back then was more fierce, I'll give you that. However, the league in general is far more talented than it ever was. Check the Olympics, that's more than enough proof that basketball is filled with more talent than ever. When you're playing against better talent, it's tougher. That's like Wilt, he played in an era where only 5-10 players were actually putting up huge numbers. Wilt would never average close to 50 PPG/25 RPG in Jordan's or the modern era and you guys know it.

hoggin88
06-21-2013, 03:53 PM
No center, not much of a point guard, a declining Wade, and a Bosh who plays no defense and is unpredictable.

But hey, they've got Allen, Miller, and Battier!

Good supporting cast, definitely not the best of all time.

TheIlladelph16
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
The more I read this thread, the more I'm convinced Bathroom_Man is on some higher level trolling right now who actually does love Lebron and is being purposefully dense. If that's the case, bravo man it took me like 4 pages (40 posts a page too!) to get it.

If this is not the case, you're undeniably really dumb.

OP: The answer is no. I've yet to see one person who claims that they are the best provide actual, statistically based information that tells me the Miami Heat are the best supporting cast ever. Until that point happens (it won't), I dismiss anyone who says it.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM

You're crazy. I love how MJ's idol worship somehow gets carried down to the teams of the era too. They were good, but still had major holes and relied on a precious few for success. The Knicks were good, but they relied on two guys for offense - Starks and Ewing. The Pacers had a center with bad feet and Reggie Miller. And who else was a real contender in the East in 96-98?

The West had Utah who were great, but they had major weaknesses. Compared to today's teams, Stock and Malone could play, but Hornacek would be a bench specialist, Russell would be a deep bench guy. Houston was good, but was aging rapidly.

The league 96-98 wasn't some juggernaut.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Kerr was essentially a Steve Novak that guarded PG's, comparing him to Ray Allen is laughable. Allen would have been the 2nd best offensive player on NY.. that's how big the talent gap is from the #1 seed to #2.

Ron Harper was not the same player in CHI after that knee injury, his career fell off a cliff, he was essentially what Battier is for MIA.

That Bulls team was stacked no doubt, I don't know if this MIA team is the most stacked ever... I mean there are 30 teams now. Bill Russell played in an era of 10 teams.

But in a league of 30 teams, MIA having the best player in the game, a top 3 SG, a top 3 PF, and one of the better sixth men and shooters in the history of the game... I'd say that's pretty damn stacked.

And Chalmers is underrated, he'll never be consistent with Bosh, LBJ & Wade there, but he's a solid player and was HUGE for them those final 2 games.

Ray Allen's role is the same as Kerr's role was. He is a better player, but they still scored about the same and did the same thing. If he was playing Wade minutes, I would agree but he's not. He's the bench shooter.

Ron Harper was the starting PG who played great defense on opposing guards. He wasn't as explosive, but he was still a great player. He's like your Chalmers argument but he has proven himself. If Harper was playing on other teams, he would have been doing a lot more statistically.

This series showed that Chris Bosh isn't anything worthy of a max contract. Don't blame his lack of touches because LBJ gave him plenty of midrange wide open looks. He also had plenty of chances to prove himself on the boards and he didn't minus a few plays. The guy isn't a top 5 NBA PF. If he is, he's tied with a bunch of guys in the same area - Zach Randolph, David West, etc. Bosh posed zero threat in this series to SA. A top level big 3 type player would threaten the other team. I know Duncan played well, but Duncan is a 37 year old center who owned PF Bosh.

I still take Harper over Chalmers, Rodman over Bosh, Pippen over Wade, Kukoc over Battier/Miller. Ray is better than Kerr and MJ and LBJ are tied for lack of an argument.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 04:23 PM
The more I read this thread, the more I'm convinced Bathroom_Man is on some higher level trolling right now who actually does love Lebron and is being purposefully dense. If that's the case, bravo man it took me like 4 pages (40 posts a page too!) to get it.

If this is not the case, you're undeniably really dumb.

OP: The answer is no. I've yet to see one person who claims that they are the best provide actual, statistically based information that tells me the Miami Heat are the best supporting cast ever. Until that point happens (it won't), I dismiss anyone who says it.

Calling ppl dumb, nice. Look ya opionin is dumb too ok

nastynice
06-21-2013, 04:30 PM
its probably the most TALENTED supporting cast ever. BUT, let's not kid ourselves, lebron carried this team on his back multiple times this playoffs.

JordansBulls
06-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Well Birdman led the team in WS/PER 48 minutes this playoffs. Wade is a former finals mvp winner and the guy who brought the franchise it's first title. Bosh a franchise player and Ray Ray all time best 3 point shooter. So I wouldn't say it is the best cast all time, but certainly up there. Whenever you have a team that has multiple guys who have won league and/or finals mvp the cast is going to be considered great.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Im going to say no. They don't have any size. If they had a decent center who could avg 10 rebounds per game then the answer would be yes. But they definitely could be exposed on the inside, ask Indy

carruthers32
06-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Their style of play makes them a complete team. As good as cast as the jordan bulls

You must be a youngster to make that statement. Probably have never watched Jordans Bulls play.

still1ballin
06-21-2013, 06:09 PM
One thing to keep in mind that I found interesting.

When Jordan won his 2nd championship, his teammates had a combined "3" all star appearances.

Lebrons teammates have a combined 30 all star appearances.

Fmaranesi
06-21-2013, 06:11 PM
No, but he does have one of the better we have seen in a while

1988 Pistons
-Isiah Thomas
-Joe Dumars
-Bill Laimbeer
-Dennis Rodman
-Mark Aguirre

1995 Bulls
-Michael Jordan
-Scottie Pippen
-Dennis Rodman
-Ron Harper
-Toni Kukoc

1986 Celtics
-Larry Bird
-Dennis Johnson
-Robert Parish
-Bill Walton
-Kevin Mchale

1986 Lakers
-Magic Johnson
-James Worthy
-Kareem
-Byron Scott
-Michael Cooper
-AC Green

1994 Houston Rockets
-Hakeem
-Mario Elie
-Sam Cassell
-Vernon Maxwell
-Clyde Drexler
-Kenny Smith
-Otis Thorpe

and of course The Boston Celtics of the 60's with 9 hall of fame players.

flea
06-21-2013, 06:21 PM
No, but he does have one of the better we have seen in a while

1988 Pistons
-Isiah Thomas
-Joe Dumars
-Bill Laimbeer
-Dennis Rodman
-Mark Aguirre

1995 Bulls
-Michael Jordan
-Scottie Pippen
-Dennis Rodman
-Ron Harper
-Toni Kukoc

1986 Celtics
-Larry Bird
-Dennis Johnson
-Robert Parish
-Bill Walton
-Kevin Mchale

1986 Lakers
-Magic Johnson
-James Worthy
-Kareem
-Byron Scott
-Michael Cooper
-AC Green

1994 Houston Rockets
-Hakeem
-Mario Elie
-Sam Cassell
-Vernon Maxwell
-Clyde Drexler
-Kenny Smith
-Otis Thorpe

and of course The Boston Celtics of the 60's with 9 hall of fame players.

Did you include the '94 Rockets as a joke? Because that's probably the worst cast for a champion in history. Hakeem won that one by himself.

As to thread title, yes it's one of the best teams the NBA has seen. They had to be to beat the Spurs, who were also a dominant team. Quibbling about what the Heat don't have (a dominant center) misses the point of how they operate. Bosh was great defensively, and has been since he came to Miami. The Heat are better when they play Lebron at power forward anyway. Saying that this team wasn't that good because they don't have a dominant center is like saying the Shaq/Kobe Lakers teams weren't dominant because they didn't have an elite third option. It would be redundant.

poleandreel
06-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Howard, World Peace

Kobe barely made the playoffs with this squad.

Lebron with just howard and a bunch of scrubs would be the #1 seed easily

tredigs
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Did you include the '94 Rockets as a joke? Because that's probably the worst cast for a champion in history. Hakeem won that one by himself.

Is THAT a joke? I disagree with him that it deserves mention among those other squads, but any team that has Clyde Drexler as a #2 is packed. Young Horry was also a complete stud, and Sam Cassell + Kenny Smith were VERY good role players. All three of Horry + Cassell + Smith were hitting 40+% from three in the playoffs.

You're probably thinking of his 93 team that didn't have Clyde?

MonroeFAN
06-21-2013, 06:37 PM
No,

Kobe Bryant easily does.

MassoDio
06-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Not even close.

Neither did Jordan or Kobe or Duncan or Shaq.

Go look at the rosters of the teams in the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's. Before the last few rounds of expansion.

MonroeFAN
06-21-2013, 06:48 PM
^ that **** don't count

ManRam
06-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Not even close.

Neither did Jordan or Kobe or Duncan or Shaq.

Go look at the rosters of the teams in the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's. Before the last few rounds of expansion.

Seriously. The word "ever" shouldn't be tossed around here. If you think this is the best supporting cast ever you're just flat out wrong, period. It's not a matter of opinions either. There were championship teams with 8 HOFers and 3/5s of that year's 1st-Team All-NBA Teams in the 50s and 60s. Those teams were stacked beyond belief.

Now, if you wanna talk about recent years that's fine. But "ever" is a joke.

Guppyfighter
06-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Seriously. The word "ever" shouldn't be tossed around here. If you think this is the best supporting cast ever you're just flat out wrong, period. It's not a matter of opinions either. There were championship teams with 8 HOFers and 3/5s of that year's 1st-Team All-NBA Teams in the 50s and 60s. Those teams were stacked beyond belief.

Now, if you wanna talk about recent years that's fine. But "ever" is a joke.

Still a joke eitherway.

flea
06-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Is THAT a joke? I disagree with him that it deserves mention among those other squads, but any team that has Clyde Drexler as a #2 is packed. Young Horry was also a complete stud, and Sam Cassell + Kenny Smith were VERY good role players. All three of Horry + Cassell + Smith were hitting 40+% from three in the playoffs.

No the 94 team didn't have Clyde. It was the 1995 championship team. Even if you're talking about 95 team, Clyde was past his prime and no longer the serious scoring threat he had been. Calling Young Horry a "complete stud" is sort of disingenuous. He was good, but he was probably the Shane Battier of his generation. One of the best role players in the game, but not a #2, #3, or maybe even #4 on a championship team.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Still a joke eitherway.

Well yeah. It definitely is a joke IMO. One might be open for debate, but "ever" is not.

tredigs
06-21-2013, 07:33 PM
No the 94 team didn't have Clyde. It was the 1995 championship team. Even if you're talking about 95 team, Clyde was past his prime and no longer the serious scoring threat he had been. Calling Young Horry a "complete stud" is sort of disingenuous. He was good, but he was probably the Shane Battier of his generation. One of the best role players in the game, but not a #2, #3, or maybe even #4 on a championship team.

He mentioned Clyde in his post, so he's talking about that team.

Horry was averaging 13/7/4 with fantastic D and elite perimeter shooting in the playoffs as a 3rd option. He was a stud.

Clyde was averaging 21/7/5 on efficiency and wasn't that old. He was 2 years younger than Kobe is currently. That is massive help. Their role players, starting with Horry and ending with Cassell + Kenny Smith were the icing on a fantastically well balanced and potent team.

For what it's worth I'd argue Rick Barry was the one who carried a single team the most to a title.

Munkeysuit
06-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Honestly? NO , there have been better supporting casts throughout the history of the NBA but I do think he has the best shooting supporting cast.

mightybosstone
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM

No dude, it was the 95 team that had Drexler. The 94 team was the team with Otis Thorpe, who didn't get traded for Drexler until well into 1995. The 94 was one of the worst supporting casts for a Finals team in NBA history, but the 95 team was admittedly a little better.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd say that Russell's Celtics were the best supporting cast of all time when factoring in both level of competition and respective era's. Next though however, are Lebron's Heat without a doubt. Name me one other player in NBA history that had two side kicks who could both be number one options/franchise players on practically any other team in the league. Additionally, can you name me one other player in NBA history who had 5 snipers who could all shoot over 40% from three? Lets be real here people...Lebron is an all time great and the best player in the NBA for sure, but lets not pretend like he didn't stack the deck in his favor.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd say that Russell's Celtics were the best supporting cast of all time when factoring in both level of competition and respective era's. Next though however, are Lebron's Heat without a doubt. Name me one other player in NBA history that had two side kicks who could both be number one options/franchise players on practically any other team in the league. Additionally, can you name me one other player in NBA history who had 5 snipers who could all shoot over 40% from three? Lets be real here people...Lebron is an all time great and the best player in the NBA for sure, but lets not pretend like he didn't stack the deck in his favor.

wade being a franchise player is hilarious, dudes was playing on no knees, how the hell is he gonna carry a team for the whole season + playoffs. bosh was a franchise palyer but the heats system doesn't allow to be as affective. last but not least the shooters need someone to get them open shots, which is brought to you by the KING.

bagwell368
06-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Nope. Jordan Bulls and Duncan/Robinson Spurs are still the two most complete team ever IMO.

Hunh? Ever hear of the '86 Celts or '87 Lakers or '83 76'ers, '62 Celts? All four well ahead of any of the teams you named or this years Heat - which is ridiculous to even bring up.

tredigs
No dude, it was the 95 team that had Drexler. The 94 team was the team with Otis Thorpe, who didn't get traded for Drexler until well into 1995. The 94 was one of the worst supporting casts for a Finals team in NBA history, but the 95 team was admittedly a little better.

I know, the years are just mixed up but like I said, he mentioned Clyde in the post, so clearly that's what we're talking about. Anyway, it's not a big deal. But adding Clyde Drexler to their team that season was a huge deal. It would be like the 2003 Spurs adding a 32 year old Kobe.

ManRam
if this is all the ammo that's left in the lebron-detractors' gun right now, well, they're about to be firing blanks.

in the post season:

wade was the 29th leading scorer in the league
bosh was the 53th leading scorer
allen shot 43%, chalmers 41.5% and they were the team's 4th and 5th best scorers at obnly 10.2 and 9.4 points respectively.

wade was 26th in PER
bosh was 37th in PER
allen and chalmers were under 15...chalmers WAY under that mark.

this is nothing special from a supporting cast throughout history not at all. like i said, we can't treat the word "wade" like what we normally think of it as. same with "bosh". they weren't their normal selves, and thus, the supporting cast was FAR from historically great.

lebron was so far and away better than those two as well.

hell, in 2009 i'd argue that pau was better than bosh, odom was better than wade, and ariza, bynum and the rest were just as good as the heat role players. those guys all were lights out from three as well.

whoever the best player on the celtics in 2008 had more help. manu and parker, and the cast of shooters were better for duncan's rings. robinson was probably more impacting than wade and bosh combined these playoffs in 99 or whenever TD's first ring was.

i don't know. the names sound great, but if you actually look at their play this question looks absurd. production is all that matters, and plenty of players have had more teammates produce much better in the past.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 08:58 PM

People don't want to acknowledge how great his teammates are because they're insecure and feel that somehow diminishes his greatness. But I don't know of any other team in the league that can literally just keep subbing spot up shooters in until one of them gets hot.

Also when you're second best player who is supposedly "done" wins a game and puts up 20pts a night as the second option that's a pretty damn good team....

bagwell368
06-21-2013, 09:00 PM
I'd say that Russell's Celtics were the best supporting cast of all time when factoring in both level of competition and respective era's. Next though however, are Lebron's Heat without a doubt.

Please stop smoking the herb man... the Heat aren't even in the top 10 in the way you are talking.

Name me one other player in NBA history that had two side kicks who could both be number one options/franchise players on practically any other team in the league.

Bosh doesn't fit this criteria AT ALL. Please. Wade is in decline.

Additionally, can you name me one other player in NBA history who had 5 snipers who could all shoot over 40% from three?

Ridiculous criteria. No 3's before 1980. Only in the last 20 years have guys grown up from 3rd grade shooting 3's. Can't hold those numbers against other teams from earlier times.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Name me one other player in NBA history that had two side kicks who could both be number one options/franchise players on practically any other team in the league. Additionally, can you name me one other player in NBA history who had 5 snipers who could all shoot over 40% from three? Lets be real here people...Lebron is an all time great and the best player in the NBA for sure, but lets not pretend like he didn't stack the deck in his favor.

Wade and Bosh as #1 options in the playoffs....well, their teams probably get swept in round 1 :shrug:

In the regular season Wade has been a great player, but in the last 2 playoffs he hasn't been at all, and that's really all that matters. Bosh struggled to score 10 points a game these playoffs :shrug:

Again, "Bosh" and "Wade" aren't words that mean what they once meant. Gasol and Odom were better options during the 2009 season. Manu and Parker were better "first options" during a few of Duncan's wins. Pierce, KG, Allen and Rondo?? ****, that 4 players that probably were better scorers during their playoff runs. That's all just within a few years...let alone EVER.

And the Heat don't have 5 snipers that can shoot 40% from three. :laugh: James Jones never played, Norris Cole got benched. It's Miller and Allen. That's two.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 09:11 PM
People don't want to acknowledge how great his teammates are because they're insecure and feel that somehow diminishes his greatness. But I don't know of any other team in the league that can literally just keep subbing spot up shooters in until one of them gets hot.

Also when you're second best player who is supposedly "done" wins a game and puts up 20pts a night as the second option that's a pretty damn good team....

great team mates? obviously, most stacked ever? LOL what? are we watching the same heat team?

bucketss
06-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Wade and Bosh as #1 options in the playoffs....well, their teams probably get swept in round 1 :shrug:

In the regular season Wade has been a great player, but in the last 2 playoffs he hasn't been at all, and that's really all that matters. Bosh struggled to score 10 points a game these playoffs :shrug:

Again, "Bosh" and "Wade" aren't words that mean what they once meant. Gasol and Odom were better options during the 2009 season. Manu and Parker were better "first options" during a few of Duncan's wins. Pierce, KG, Allen and Rondo?? ****, that 4 players that probably were better scorers during their playoff runs. That's all just within a few years...let alone EVER.

And the Heat don't have 5 snipers that can shoot 40% from three. :laugh: James Jones never played, Norris Cole got benched. It's Miller and Allen. That's two.

LOL can't believe he counted jones, don't forget lewis:facepalm:

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 09:36 PM
great team mates? obviously, most stacked ever? LOL what? are we watching the same heat team?

I don't agree with most stacked ever but he's got a squad. A team that's tailor made to his strengths. Shooters and another player that's capable of taking over for stretches and taking the pressure off him.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 09:41 PM

I think you forgot about the guy that knocked in 6 threes in game 7. Also the starting pg who was popping threes.....

amos1er
06-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Please stop smoking the herb man... the Heat aren't even in the top 10 in the way you are talking.

Bosh doesn't fit this criteria AT ALL. Please. Wade is in decline.

Ridiculous criteria. No 3's before 1980. Only in the last 20 years have guys grown up from 3rd grade shooting 3's. Can't hold those numbers against other teams from earlier times.

I asked two simple questions to which there was a yes or no answer. I will not address your points until you address mine.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 09:50 PM
please stop smoking the herb man... The heat aren't even in the top 10 in the way you are talking.

Bosh doesn't fit this criteria at all. Please. Wade is in decline.

dp.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 09:51 PM
wade being a franchise player is hilarious, dudes was playing on no knees, how the hell is he gonna carry a team for the whole season + playoffs. bosh was a franchise palyer but the heats system doesn't allow to be as affective. last but not least the shooters need someone to get them open shots, which is brought to you by the KING.

I asked two simple questions to which there was a yes or no answer. I will not address your points until you address mine.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM

bucketss
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
amos1er is having an emotional break down Lol.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 10:27 PM

Just calling ya all out for dodging questions. Why won't you answer them yes or no. You guys always have some sort of explanation that has nothing to do with the original question I proposed. Here it is again and I do hope I can get a yes or no answer...

Has anyone in NBA history had as good of a big three as Lebron has now?

Has anyone in NBA history had 5 snipers on their team who could all shoot above 40% from 3?

ztilzer31
06-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Just ignore him. He ruins every conversation ever.

Ever since he said the only way he thought the Heat win lose is if the refs cheated...

Now he's probably back to talking about how unfair the Heat's team is again. He's a joke of a poster, and is as predictable as he is stupid.

amos1er
06-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Just ignore him. He ruins every conversation ever.

Ever since he said the only way he thought the Heat win lose is if the refs cheated...

Now he's probably back to talking about how unfair the Heat's team is again. He's a joke of a poster, and is as predictable as he is stupid.

Now your stealing Darth Vader quotes. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGK2nOKpbg

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Battier sucks at threes. He only made 6/8.

Reasons jones and lewis dont play cuz of ray allen.

So i counted 6 snipers: miller, battier, allen, chambers, jones, lewis. And bosh is semi sniper..

Thats stacked to the max

This the basically the same team he had in cleveland except he now has wade to take the scoring load off of him

BDawk4Prez
06-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Dear god no.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Just calling ya all out for dodging questions. Why won't you answer them yes or no. You guys always have some sort of explanation that has nothing to do with the original question I proposed. Here it is again and I do hope I can get a yes or no answer...

Has anyone in NBA history had 5 snipers on their team who could all shoot above 40% from 3?

yes, odom,gasol,bynum > rupaul,no knees wade,over the hill allen.

spurs have gino,neal,green,bonner,diaw, who all can shoot 40% and up.

also thunder have durant,fisher,martin,sefo,

2005 suns, bell, dijon thompson, tim thomas, james jones, eddie house, barbosa.

camador22
06-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I actually believe Kobe had a better supporting cast than Lebron this year.

Nash>>Chalmers
Artest<<<<Wade
Pau>>>>Haslem
Howard>>>Bosh

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
I actually believe Kobe had a better supporting cast than Lebron this year.

Nash>>Chalmers
Artest<<<<Wade
Pau>>>>Haslem
Howard>>>Bosh

and than you go to their bench, get prepare to laugh:) i love seeing the lakers suffer idk why.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:06 PM
yes, odom,gasol,bynum > rupaul,no knees wade,over the hill allen.

spurs have gino,neal,green,bonner,diaw, who all can shoot 40% and up.

also thunder have durant,fisher,martin,sefo,

2005 suns, bell, dijon thompson, tim thomas, james jones, eddie house, barbosa.

Inexperienced 3 pt shooters.
If u gunna use durant, gino as 3 pt threat, i might as well use lebron and prob wade too

jayjay33
06-21-2013, 11:07 PM

To me wade and the shooters. Are a gold mine. Give Kobe, melo, KD, and a host of others wade and that many snipers and see what happens. Anyone who can't be stopped one on one one will win a ring with that.

It's the reason Howard went to the finals. surrounded by to many shooter. But I give the heat all the credit in the world for getting so many shooters.
That's the area what the lakers have really shot the bed. The last 10 years.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Inexperienced 3 pt shooters.
If u gunna use durant, gino as 3 pt threat, i might as well use lebron and prob wade too

lol go ahaead, wade couldn't make a jumpshot form 2 feet, let alone from all the way from the 3 point land.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:13 PM
To me wade and the shooters. Are a gold mine. Give Kobe, melo, KD, and a host of others wade and that many snipers and see what happens. Anyone who can't be stopped one on one one will win a ring with that.

It's the reason Howard went to the finals. surrounded by to many shooter. But I give the heat all the credit in the world for getting so many shooters.
That's the area what the lakers have really shot the bed. The last 10 years.

difference is , melo/kobe = ball hogs. they're are NOT consistently finding open shooters over and over again. melo will go 10-35 before he thinks hmm maybe i should pass now? in which he turns it over because hes a goof.

BcEuAbRsS
06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Weren't people calling this Cleveland 2.0?

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
melo had kidd,shumpert, novak(best 3 point in the league), felton, smith, all deadly behind the ark, but melo is a goof, hes a ball hog and a cancer.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
So when they join forces, lebron was 25, wade 28, bosh 26. All franchise players. Ridiculous. Game over for everybody the next 4-5 yrs.

tredigs
06-21-2013, 11:19 PM

Not sure if serious? For one example, the 87 Celtics WITHOUT Larry Bird would've come out of the West this year. And they would've smacked around the Heat in the finals with him. If they both faced off without Lebron and Bird, with THIS Wade? It would be an absolute bloodbath. Even with a prime Wade they wouldn't stand a chance.

The 3pt comment is obviously worthless as the 3pt shot is relatively new in NBA terms, and only recently do we see teams with a multitude of 3pt threats.

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:20 PM
lol go ahaead, wade couldn't make a jumpshot form 2 feet, let alone from all the way from the 3 point land.

So wade score all his 30 pts on free throws and the 20 more for game 7. Awesome

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:22 PM
So when they join forces, lebron was 25, wade 28, bosh 26. All franchise players. Ridiculous. Game over for everybody the next 4-5 yrs.

wade is 31 now and over the hill, so stop crying.

bucketss
06-21-2013, 11:22 PM
So wade score all his 30 pts on free throws and the 20 more for game 7. Awesome

obviously an exaggerations but hes not a good 3 point shooter is what im saying

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:34 PM
wade is 31 now and over the hill, so stop crying.

Lebrons hogs it too much, of course wade and osh numbers gunna drop. Maybe after next yr , hes. Over the hill