PDA

View Full Version : Chances Heat 3 peat?

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 12:50 AM
What do you think their chances are? Should be another tough road with Rose returning and the West staying mighty strong.

Also, should they trade Bosh? I know they probably won't, but I think they should.

cmellofan15
06-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Not with this current roster. But this roster won't last so it's hard to say until the immenent changes occur.

still1ballin
06-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Maybe if they are lucky again with have good teams like bulls, Boston, and Indiana injured

ManRam
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Less than probable.

I think with this roster as is they won't...unless they find a way to get post-season Wade to play like regular season Wade.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
If they pick up a good center. They have the full MLE at their disposal.

shep33
06-21-2013, 01:00 AM
I say no with this roster. Teams are starting to figure some things out and overcoming the talent.

Spurs had this series won outside an epic choke. The Pacers took them to 7.

It'll be tougher next year. Bulls with Rose, Pacers with Granger (or a more consistent player). The west is always tough.

A lot depends on Wade's health.

Laidback_Scrapp
06-21-2013, 01:00 AM
dwade is odee wavyy

dodie53
06-21-2013, 01:01 AM
if the heat sign a good center

canefandynasty
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Bosh needs to get traded.

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Lucky?

Boston this year would have no chance, even if healthy.

Bulls and Pacers would've been more difficult, but if they can beat a top class team like the Spurs, what makes you think they'd lose to those two teams? Derrick Rose coming back off of an ACL tear for the first time during the series isn't going to stop Lebron either way.

ThunderousDemon
06-21-2013, 01:07 AM
They're going to have to get rid of Bosh or wade due to the CBA unless the Heat are willing to pay the tax.

beasted86
Bosh is going nowhere.

HEAT just need to add a Center and re-sign Birdman. Sad to say this as a HEAT fan, but Haslem has become a liability.

As far as a three-peat, it will be even harder than this year. They will need a lot of luck.

RiceOnTheRun
if the heat sign a good center

Bosh needs to get traded.

If they pick up a good center. They have the full MLE at their disposal.

There's not going to be many "good" centers they can get. They have no chance with the top centers like Gasol, Howard, Noah, Hibbert etc.

A second tier center for only the MLE is highly doubtful and for sure not worth trading Chris Bosh.

The best shot they have is Sam Dalembert.

JordansBulls
06-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Depends on free agency really. Other than Chicago with Rose healthy who else in the East can stay with them?

beasted86
06-21-2013, 01:10 AM
There's not going to be many "good" centers they can get. They have no chance with the top centers like Gasol, Howard, Noah, Hibbert etc.

A second tier center for only the MLE is highly doubtful and for sure not worth trading Chris Bosh.

The best shot they have is Sam Dalembert.

You don't need a top 10 Center. You just need a guy who provides more impact than Anthony or Haslem does.

Dalembert might just be good enough to provide that if we can get him. We've seen what Birdman adds just having a guy who rebounds and does the dirty work. It will make the team, and Bosh better if you could get that type in the starting lineup, as well as have Birdman still coming off the bench.

%%%%
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Depends on free agency really. Other than Chicago with Rose healthy who else in the East can stay with them?

Indiana. Maybe Knicks.

And then in the West, there's Thunder, Grizzles, Lakers, and [maybe] Spurs again.

This year, Heat looked beatable. It wasn't so last year at this time.

sunsfan88
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Not with the current roster. They need someone else who can create their own shot off the bench (someone like Jamal Crawford) and they desperately need an upgrade at C. Birdman's good but they need someone they can dump it off to and can get them a few points even if its not much.

Riodagoat
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM
With this roster? Hard to say. This is Lebron's team but it will all depend on Wade's health. They need another decent center then resign the Bird.

Iron24th
06-21-2013, 01:19 AM
If they don't make roster moves they will not, look to what happened to the Lakers in 2011 after their repeat, a 3peat is very rare and tough to make.

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 01:19 AM
You don't need a top 10 Center. You just need a guy who provides more impact than Anthony or Haslem does.

Dalembert might just be good enough to provide that if we can get him. We've seen what Birdman adds just having a guy who rebounds and does the dirty work. It will make the team, and Bosh better if you could get that type in the starting lineup, as well as have Birdman still coming off the bench.

I agree. But there are people saying the Heat need to trade Bosh.

My answer is, who're you gonna trade him for? The only way it'd be worth it for the Heat is if they got a top 10 center in return. That's not going to happen so I don't see the point of trading Bosh. I like Dalembert and agree he would help this Heat team alot. Him and Birdman would be solid at center together.

dalton749
06-21-2013, 01:21 AM
wade needs to come off the bench next season to stay healthy

Max.This
06-21-2013, 01:24 AM
If wade is healthy or can give solid playoff games here and there they will be good . You have to remember though battier says he might retire and ray Allen is 38.. I think. These two produced so much for the heat in terms of clutch shots and battier was amazing for game 7. Pl

--23--
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't think they'll 3-peat or make the finals next year, mainly because it is extremely difficult and draining for teams in this era or EVER to make the finals 4 or more times in a row. And you add that Wade, Allen, Battier, & Miller is getting older, they don't have the cap space to make necessary moves unless they trade 1 or 2 of the big-3. So their chances of 3-peating with this current roster is not likely.

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I agree. But there are people saying the Heat need to trade Bosh.

My answer is, who're you gonna trade him for? The only way it'd be worth it for the Heat is if they got a top 10 center in return. That's not going to happen so I don't see the point of trading Bosh. I like Dalembert and agree he would help this Heat team alot. Him and Birdman would be solid at center together.

Honestly, I trade Bosh for Tyson Chandler and Chris Copeland. Not even kidding you either. Can you imagine the heats defense with a center like Tyson. It's crazy right now but they have almost no big bodies. Throw in a couple and let lebron make plays for shooters and everything will be ayy okay.

Max.This
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Honestly, I trade Bosh for Tyson Chandler and Chris Copeland. Not even kidding you either. Can you imagine the heats defense with a center like Tyson. It's crazy right now but they have almost no big bodies. Throw in a couple and let lebron make plays for shooters and everything will be ayy okay.

If u gave us bosh we'd kick your *** in the playoffs no joke

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
I mean not saying the Knicks would do that but the Heat could get two solid role players in return for Bosh

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM

You lose the floor spacing you get with Bosh. Tyson can't consistently make that jumper, trust me, firsthand experience from the past two postseasons LOL.

Defensively he'd definitely help, but with him, you don't get guys like Hibbert stepping out of the paint. That was one of the biggest problems in the Knicks/Pacers series. Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting Bosh in NY but I don't think it helps Miami much. Copeland doesn't compare to Bosh either. Dalembert/Bosh sounds much better than Chandler/Copeland imo.

Max.This
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
I mean not saying the Knicks would do that but the Heat could get two solid role players in return for Bosh

The heat don't need bosh, he'd be much bettersuited as the 2nd option. If I were the knicks I'd take that deal and run immediately

shep33
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
They need a center badly.

beasted86
06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Bosh for Tyson Chandler? Is that a joke?

If Bosh can bulk up a little this summer and focus on being decisive and aggressive, he will be just fine. The way he started this season is the way he needs to play all the time, that's it. Early on in the year people were asking if this is the year Bosh over takes Wade as far as role.

All he needs to do is play more aggressive. Him not playing out of position every night should also help that.

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 01:37 AM
You lose the floor spacing you get with Bosh. Tyson can't consistently make that jumper, trust me, firsthand experience from the past two postseasons LOL.

Defensively he'd definitely help, but with him, you don't get guys like Hibbert stepping out of the paint. That was one of the biggest problems in the Knicks/Pacers series. Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting Bosh in NY but I don't think it helps Miami much. Copeland doesn't compare to Bosh either. Dalembert/Bosh sounds much better than Chandler/Copeland imo.

No doubt it changes their identity a little bit but I think Riley definitely needs to make a change. Also, no **** Tyson can't step out like Bosh can haha but he can protect the rim a hell of a lot better and will be able to rebound better than Bosh exponentially.

LayBraun
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Bosh for Tyson Chandler? Is that a joke?

If Bosh can bulk up a little this summer and focus on being decisive and aggressive, he will be just fine. The way he started this season is the way he needs to play all the time, that's it. Early on in the year people were asking if this is the year Bosh over takes Wade as far as role.

All he needs to do is play more aggressive. Him not playing out of position every night should also help that.

It's a hypothetical bro, relax. Not saying Tyson is better than Bosh. Bosh is the better shooter but Tyson is the better rebounder and rim protector. I really think the Heat need a true center to continue to be a contender. The small ball is eventually going to stop working.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 03:20 AM
HEAT need to get a discounted center ( here's looking at you Bynum...20minutes a night : )

They need to make some moves and get a young athletic pf or sg ( coming off the bench )

And Wade has to be above 85% healthy in the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2013, 03:28 AM
I think it's very possible. I think the Heat vs the field is a even bet. They were completely exposed these playoffs and 2 of their stars played very ordinary ball most of the playoffs. The Heat are actually better than they were this season IMO...if that makes sense.

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm willing to think Wade deserves to stay after the performance he gave tonight. This playoffs was a total wreck for him, but he deserves to get healthy after all he's done and maybe see how he is next year.

Bosh on the other hand HAS to go. Against Pacers/SAS, Miami's clear weakness was rebounding and defending the paint. Both which are Bosh's responsibilities. While I do think Bosh spaces the floor better than most PF's, Miami has to look for Kevin Love. Great spacer, and can rebound. Heat's two-peat doesn't mean anyone is safe. I wouldn't mind if Bosh stayed but Miami needs to seriously consider these offers. They won't beat a healthy Bulls/Pacers team next year.

Jarvo
06-21-2013, 03:38 AM
All I'm gonna say is let Indy get a true PG or a closer or Thunder let go Perkins watchout.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm willing to think Wade deserves to stay after the performance he gave tonight. This playoffs was a total wreck for him, but he deserves to get healthy after all he's done and maybe see how he is next year.

Bosh on the other hand HAS to go. Against Pacers/SAS, Miami's clear weakness was rebounding and defending the paint. Both which are Bosh's responsibilities. While I do think Bosh spaces the floor better than most PF's, Miami has to look for Kevin Love. Great spacer, and can rebound. Heat's two-peat doesn't mean anyone is safe. I wouldn't mind if Bosh stayed but Miami needs to seriously consider these offers. They won't beat a healthy Bulls/Pacers team next year.

I'm a huge Bulls fan and I can say that they will probably beat Miami with a healthy roster.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 03:48 AM
I think it's very possible. I think the Heat vs the field is a even bet. They were completely exposed these playoffs and 2 of their stars played very ordinary ball most of the playoffs. The Heat are actually better than they were this season IMO...if that makes sense.

You guys were 30 sec away from losing to SAS you need to trade one of your BIG 3.....Miller may retire, Haslem is used up, Ray Allen may get worse with age....and you need another player that can crate his own shot and of course a Center.

If Miami doesn't do this you will not make the finals next year, Chicago is coming, Indiana is coming and in the West you Have OKC and SAS ( theres a big rumor that RC wants Josh Smith and with Manus, Jacksons and Splitter off the books can offer him a max deal) and split the MLE between Manu and Neal.

also lets say Lakers do a sign and trade with the Clipper and get Bledsoe, Griffin, and Butler while the clipper get Dwight Howard and World Peace do you really think this Miami team can beat those LA teams.....No and you can forget about it when the Clipper and Celtics figure out how to make the Doc River , Garnett trade work because you know they will because they want to keep Chris Paul.

Good series you ripped that trophy from my Spurs.....but if you want to 3 peat then changes need to be made.

hidalgo
06-21-2013, 03:49 AM
if Wade is back to 100%, then maybe. they'll have a nightmare getting through Indiana again & a fully healthy Chicago with Rose. odds are against it, but maybe....

last time any team made the finals 4 straight years was the Lakers 82 83 84 85. it's beyond tough to get there 4 straight years, & RARE. they need a true bigman

Poem33
06-21-2013, 03:53 AM
if Wade is back to 100%, then maybe. they'll have a nightmare getting through Indiana again & a fully healthy Chicago with Rose. odds are against it, but maybe....

last time any team made the finals 4 straight years was the Lakers 82 83 84 85. it's beyond tough to get there 4 straight years, & RARE. they need a true bigman

good post, but wade 100% won't be enough. the center position is their biggest problem. if they do keep bosh and continue playing the way they do, they'd have to bet on pacers/bulls not making it to the east Conference Finals.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 03:58 AM
good post, but wade 100% won't be enough. the center position is their biggest problem. if they do keep bosh and continue playing the way they do, they'd have to bet on pacers/bulls not making it to the east Conference Finals.

I think you forgot what a 100% Wade can do.

Nightmare!

Poem33
06-21-2013, 04:01 AM

Nightmare!

Yes. and you forgot that 100% wade doesn't mean 2006 wade. 100% wade means if his knee is healthy. no one knows how that will turn out but it won't be enough against the rising teams in east.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 04:01 AM

Nightmare!

Dude is delusional. He thinks the Bulls can compete with the HEAT. lulz. They have a lot of heart, but they lack a lot.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Yes. and you forgot that 100% wade doesn't mean 2006 wade. 100% wade means if his knee is healthy. no one knows how that will turn out but it won't be enough against the rising teams in east.

What rising teams. There is a rising team, Indy. No other threats.

Korman12
06-21-2013, 04:03 AM
If they were to reach the finals again next season, which I think is completely plausible, if not the best odds to do so, then it depends on the matchup. Obviously they struggled against but ultimately overcame the Spurs, but if they were to play, say, OKC, then they still have good odds.

stawka
06-21-2013, 04:04 AM
How long is Birdman signed for? I want him to stay with Miami for another year. I don't think they can win unless Wade rests properly and brings it come playoff time, with a much improved jumpshot

Poem33
06-21-2013, 04:06 AM
What rising teams. There is a rising team, Indy. No other threats.

what...? bulls

deng was not healthy
rose wasnt even playing

you forgot those are two all star players.. maybe you forgot that bulls had close games with miami in the series.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 04:07 AM
How long is Birdman signed for? I want him to stay with Miami for another year. I don't think they can win unless Wade rests properly and brings it come playoff time, with a much improved jumpshot

He signed a minimum contract, he has already stated interest in staying in Miami. Should come pretty cheap. Also this year we have a full-MLE, bring on the Bigs.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 04:10 AM
what...? bulls

deng was not healthy
rose wasnt even playing

you forgot those are two all star players.. maybe you forgot that bulls had close games with miami in the series.

Yeah I know who is on the Bulls. Not a well constructed team. Rose is good, Deng is good, Noah is good. After that you have Boozer and Butler who are streaky, as well as Robinson. Not a threat until they add depth, a SG, and prove in some way they can contend with the HEAT. Indy has proven it and have young, big talent to create mismatches.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah I know who is on the Bulls. Not a well constructed team. Rose is good, Deng is good, Noah is good. After that you have Boozer and Butler who are streaky, as well as Robinson. Not a threat until they add depth, a SG, and prove in some way they can contend with the HEAT. Indy has proven it and have young, big talent to create mismatches.

Indy has proven it but you are stupid if you think Bulls were better last year.. that's what rising means, they are going to get better this year. you are also an idiot if you think bulls arent a serious threat.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Indy has proven it but you are stupid if you think Bulls were better last year.. that's what rising means, they are going to get better this year. you are also an idiot if you think bulls arent a serious threat.

I saw a better Bulls team get beat badly by a less organized HEAT team two years ago, Rose MVP year. They lack something, if they want to contend they need to make a move for Iggy. Until then they are of no concern.

Dade County
06-21-2013, 04:23 AM
what...? bulls

deng was not healthy
rose wasnt even playing

That was because of entertainment reasons.

Don't forget about the HEAT beating the bulls 4-1 in 2011; don't let this soap opera fool you.

SouthSideRookie
06-21-2013, 04:51 AM

If Wade is healthy they'll do it. Wade was mostly in hibernation mode for the first six games in the Pacers series. He finally woke up in game 7 and things got ugly for Indiana.

Kashmir13579
06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Having Lebron on their team helps their chances. Now that he has a thirst for winning championships he will be scarier.

Heat management will go out and get quality role-players like they always do.

A threepeat isn't unrealistic for them.

naps
06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Absolutely. They just won it all 2 years in a row. No reason whatsoever they can't do it again next year specially they are potentially bringing entire roster back next season + a full MLE player. Let's put it this way: They have better chance than anybody else next year.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2013, 05:03 AM
I don't see why not?

I expect the heat to make some moves this summer, but with Wade and Bosh as tradeable assets (yes, they have value in this league) i don't see rebuilding this team as a major roadblock. They have the pieces to do whatever they want...

SugeKnight
06-21-2013, 05:15 AM
They will 4peat

hidalgo
06-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Bosh might need to be traded for a better rebounder, Omer Asik, Nikola Vucevic, or David Lee? someone who isn't such a siss, lol. 6.8 rbs is only about half what he needs to avg. poor Bosh(everyone picks on him), he tries, but he couldn't post up if his life depended on it. he just shoots jumpers, or pump fakes & drives

also, maybe try trading Dirk for Bosh?

jam
06-21-2013, 05:23 AM
100%. As long as Stern is around Silver will do the job to maximize league revenue.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 05:39 AM
I don't know what you guys are smoking but Bulls are a much better team than 2011 because they have pieces now that they didn't have. Butler, Nate Robinson, Kirk Hinrich. These are key pieces. Butler is going to develop into a great starting player. Nate Robinson, if signed back, will provide a nice spark when Rose is out. Seriously, I doubted Bulls but if you don't see the threat they can pose, maybe it's the placebo effect in regards to Miami's victory. They are VULNERABLE. Two game 7's, there's a reason why: Miami's weakness is further exploited. Teams know what to do to stop Miami, and those two teams in the East are Bulls/Pacers.

pacman16
06-21-2013, 05:43 AM
they def can... guys are acting like bosh is a nobody, or a misfit.... he only looks like that cause wade is 2nd option and after lebron and wade touches, there's not many to spare for consistent stats.
next season they will go more to bosh and have wades minutes cut a ton due to his knees etc
Bosh will have a way bigger offensive role ( more consistent ) than this season and he's certainly capable of being an very nice 2nd option.

they need a center who's can body down low and keep birdmans energy... also Cole is going to be a solid player for them too. just liek bosh his role will increase and he can hit the 3ball.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 05:48 AM
they def can... guys are acting like bosh is a nobody, or a misfit.... he only looks like that cause wade is 2nd option and after lebron and wade touches, there's not many to spare for consistent stats.
next season they will go more to bosh and have wades minutes cut a ton due to his knees etc
Bosh will have a way bigger offensive role ( more consistent ) than this season and he's certainly capable of being an very nice 2nd option.

they need a center who's can body down low and keep birdmans energy... also Cole is going to be a solid player for them too. just liek bosh his role will increase and he can hit the 3ball.

hey man, 0 points is not acceptable. He has flunk the entire playoffs. asides from key plays, he didn't do anything that should represent big three. if he is part of the big three, i expect at least 16/10. Wade stepped up this series and Bosh has scored 11 points and 7 rebounds.. Duncan destroyed him every game and he's 37. you know what that means? Bosh is going to continue getting destroyed because he's not that good.

Twins Fanatic
06-21-2013, 05:54 AM
If Wade gets his knees fixed, some of that kobe cure, then a solid chance.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-21-2013, 05:59 AM
I think next year would be their hardest title to win. It now depends on how masterful Pat Riley can be in free agency, and to answer the OP's other question, if I was Miami I would try to at least trade Bosh but doubt he goes anywhere

FraziersKnicks
06-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Once they add a few pieces this offseason they're clearly gonna be favourites again. Wade needs a whole summer off, but he only needs to be fully healthy for the playoffs, the Heat will cruise through the regular season.

Boston are done, Indiana could provide a bit of trouble but Granger coming back will hinder them more than help them (taking shots away from George, West, Hibbert and being inefficient), Bulls aren't gonna overcome the Heat if they couldn't do it with a healthy Rose, especially after coming back from such a devastating injury. My Knicks could provide a test if Amar'e plays well and Melo isn't completely relied upon for his offense.

As long as the Heat have a prime LeBron James on their team they're gonna be the favourites.... That's how good he is.

DTownSkitzo
06-21-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm going to say no since 3-peats are very hard. You will see contenders start designing their teams to match up against Miami now. That's not to say they won't I just think 3-peats are one of the hardest things to do in basketball. It's hard to keep that hunger for some players. I do not doubt the Big 3's hunger, it's the role players that need it. If Miami plays their cards right they'll have a lot of different bench players come next year.

beasted86
06-21-2013, 07:57 AM
what...? bulls

deng was not healthy
rose wasnt even playing

They had those guys 2 years ago and Miami beat them in the same 5 games.

You as a Bulls fan saying you think the Bulls can beat Miami is totally predictable. Yes, anything can happen, and health plays a big factor, but you are still totally predictable, and you have nothing to back up the claim. You'd think after 2 championships in a row that would give Miami the benefit of the doubt until something comes into play to change your thinking.... but nope. Bulls fans and fans of any respective teams somehow give their own team the benefit of the doubt over Miami. SMH.

c.c.
06-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Too soon to say

SteBO
06-21-2013, 08:22 AM
It's definitely possible, but I don't think standing pat is the way to go. We need to infuse some more youth and athleticism, and the health of Wade will be a HUGE factor again. He can't afford to have more playoff runs with bad knees......he needs to get the surgery Kobe got.

Poem33
06-21-2013, 08:37 AM

You as a Bulls fan saying you think the Bulls can beat Miami is totally predictable. Yes, anything can happen, and health plays a big factor, but you are still totally predictable, and you have nothing to back up the claim. You'd think after 2 championships in a row that would give Miami the benefit of the doubt until something comes into play to change your thinking.... but nope. Bulls fans and fans of any respective teams somehow give their own team the benefit of the doubt over Miami. SMH.

hey buddy, I'm a thunder fan. First to clarify, Miami did not take a cakewalk this playoffs run. Im happy for lebron, i was rooting for him because all the hate he receives makes me root for him. Miami relied on james to have a game winner in game 1 against Pacers. without that, they lose 4-3. Miami relied on James/Allen to make two huge clutch baskets under 28 seconds to escape Spurs, 4-3. What I'm saying is this is going to only get worse for Miami because teams are getting better. I'm a chicagobulls fan because i respect their style of play. but, you'd be ignorant if you disrespect Bulls because you blew past them two times in a row. Miami has SERIOUS issues in the paint. If they had a legitimate center, they wouldn't have struggled at all against Spurs/Pacers. Guess what, Bulls have the EXACT formula except they were arguably the most injured team in the NBA playoffs. you guys seem to think Heat went through a cakewalk. I can tell most of you were about to shut your tv off when heat were down 5 in games 6 and would've made an excuse because of Bosh. Well, guess what? BOSH IS THE ISSUE. No rebounds, can't score effectively against Duncan/Hibbert.

HiphopRelated
06-21-2013, 08:40 AM

So you WANT the Knicks to kick the Heat's ***? Knicks would take that deal and run

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Depends on Wade's health. Everybody else I don't see declining enough to make an impact just yet. But their road should definitely be tougher with Rose back, along with the Pacer's progression.

Gotta see what Dwight and CP3 do too, if they find a way to team up with Houston or in Atlanta, they could pose a threat along with OKC obviously when healthy. Lot of contending teams next year.

Back to back game 7's this year, with the finals obviously being as close to elimination as can be in game 6, it's not given for Miami that's for sure.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM

I didn't read the person's post that you quoted, so perhaps he was making baseless guarantees or something.

But you ever hear of a thing called progression? Same thing that took the Heat to 2 titles after 2011. Progression as a team. Said this a million times, what happened 2 years ago has no impact whatsoever on anything now. Bulls beat Indiana in five 2 years ago, but with the Pacer's progression I'm sure it wouldn't have been so easy (if Rose playing, if not we obviously lose). Pacer's have a lot of young guys only getting better, and they took Miami to 7 this year.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I didn't read the person's post that you quoted, so perhaps he was making baseless guarantees or something.

But you ever hear of a thing called progression? Same thing that took the Heat to 2 titles after 2011. Progression as a team. Said this a million times, what happened 2 years ago has no impact whatsoever on anything now. Bulls beat Indiana in five 2 years ago, but with the Pacer's progression I'm sure it wouldn't have been so easy (if Rose playing, if not we obviously lose). Pacer's have a lot of young guys only getting better, and they took Miami to 7 this year.

this. But the best player got better as well. while Wade got worse. I think, for Miami, that there is a break even on how much Lebron has grown compared to the impact Wade has left in him.

too hard to guage but I think until another team can beat Miami, I would still give Miami the benefit of the doubt.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Can we see what teams do in the offseason before talking about next year lol

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
this. But the best player got better as well. while Wade got worse. I think, for Miami, that there is a break even on how much Lebron has grown compared to the impact Wade has left in him.

too hard to guage but I think until another team can beat Miami, I would still give Miami the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, they definitely are the favorites and defending champs. I expect more than just Wade to decline. Miller, Allen, and battier aren't getting any better (Haslem too but he hardly saw the floor in the finals), but on the other hand Chalmers and Cole should be progressing. I don't expect Bosh to improve, but I don't expect him to decline either. This Heat team will probably stay around what they are for another 2 years, 64-66 win team, then they'll have to retool. Whether they can 3-peat totally depends on how much other teams improve/decline. Pacers are definitely improving, and its hard to gauge Chicago until we actually see Rose play for a while next year.