PDA

View Full Version : How good/great do you think the Spurs can be next season?

NetsPaint
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Duncan I see still being solid, Parker if he's healthy will be great, and Ginobli...no clue.

Kawhi Leonard is a young beast. Above average on both sides of the floor and will get better. He might be ready to take the next step sometime next season by being a go-to guy.

Will DeJuan Blair be on the roster? He seems to be in shape and what I've seen from him he's good.

Also a big question is, will T-Mac be back? I think if he does with a full season he'd have a positive impact, and with Popovich's minutes management it could work out very well for his health.

Will Matt Bonner make it back in the rotation?

Does Spurs have cap room? Will they make a trade?

Snakeyestx
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Congratulations are in order for Miami - but the season is now over.

This may be too soon, but a few questions are in order, you can all choose which to answer or discuss.

If Manu and Duncan retire after this season, what's the next era of the Spurs going to look like? Will it be a season or two of huge decline while rebuilding the missing pieces?
Do you believe Pop is staying if Duncan decides to hang it up?
Was this T-Mac's last chance? Will they keep him or let him go in the offseason?
Should the Spurs trade anyone considered "Critical" to this years team in a rebuild-mode effort? Who, and why, and who for?

Discuss!

still1ballin
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
They are done!

We have even saying this for years but this was the nail
In the coffin! I don't think they can recover from game 6

Hangtime
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Manu is definitely done. One good game out of 7. What a way to go out.

JordansBulls
06-21-2013, 12:57 AM
They are done. They should had played Tmac instead of Manu or Green. Especially after game 6. Spurs needed something Miami was not ready for.

Gagan136
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
If they are done, sad way to see them go out.

%%%%
06-21-2013, 01:22 AM
This was the last hurrah for this group (Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Popovich). They won't be here again for a while. Think Dallas 2011.

Ginobili is totally done. Parker and Duncan are still serviceable but not like before.

Spurs will probably undergo a rebuilding process soon. The post-Duncan era is looming for San Antonio.

ManRam
06-21-2013, 01:23 AM
I think that was their last hurrah. They'll still be a good team and all, but the other West contenders are improving and if OKC is healthy they aren't losing to SAS next year.

IversonIsKrazy
06-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Duncan will still be solid, as will Parker. Leonard will be apart of the Big 3 now. MANU is done. I feel that they still got 1 more run, dependent on Leonards jump

Dade County
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
As long as OKC can stay healthy, they will run the WEST.

Spurs played great, but their time is done.

%%%%
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
As long as OKC can stay healthy, they will run the WEST.

Spurs played great, but their time is done.

Weren't they healthy this year? And they lost to Memphis.

I also think the Lakers have a shot.

Imagine Lakers vs Heat Finals. Oh my. Evil vs Evil?

shep33
06-21-2013, 01:58 AM
I think they can make it back to the Finals.

They need a backup pg badly. They do have cap room I believe? Maybe they can add one of Milsap/Jefferson?

Calderon seems like a perfect fit.

But if you think about it, Leonard is going to be better next year, Duncan is still solid, Tony with a backup pg wouldn't get worn down.

Manu needs to go though

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Yeah but they cant afford to play another game 7 finals. Duncan and
parkers legs aint gunna last. They need a semi superstar to ease the load

OceanSpray
06-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Key thing for Spurs to do is find a backup PG. They also need to start giving Leonard more opportunities. Gino has to go. There is absolutely no reason to keep him any longer. Spurs need to think long term. They aren't getting any younger and I can see Pop quitting if TD quits.

Iron24th
06-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Weren't they healthy this year? And they lost to Memphis.

I also think the Lakers have a shot.

Imagine Lakers vs Heat Finals. Oh my. Evil vs Evil?

hum...Westbrook was done for the playoffs after game 4 of 1st round, did you miss that???

--23--
06-21-2013, 02:37 AM
I won't say the Spurs are done until Pop, Duncan, Parker and Manu retires. Every time people count this team out they find ways to be right there.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:31 AM
maybe trading Ginobili to make the roster younger?

SouthSideRookie
06-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Hey Spurs, Pat Bev is still waiting for his TY gift.

%%%%
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
maybe trading Ginobili to make the roster younger?

His contract is up. They're not going to resign him just to trade him.

Either let him go or resign him and play him.