PDA

View Full Version : What's next for LeBron?

GunFactor187
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
I don't usually like to make LeBron or Kobe threads cuz it's definitely cliche, BUT my question now is where does LeBron go from here? He's shown now that he can win it all, but where's the next step? Sure, winning more championships is the next logical goal, but what else does he have left to prove? Just winning it all on consistent year-by-year basis or is there something more he has to do to ascend higher to be known and be solidified as the GOAT?

Shkelqim
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
I think he needs to average a Triple double in the upcoming year. Something like 20 points 11 Rebounds and 10 Assists

Tony_Starks
06-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Undying worship. Mythological stories.

koreancabbage
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
become a better jump shooter and better post moves.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:46 AM
avoid injuries

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:46 AM
build a dynasty

Kashmir13579
06-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Disney Land.

jam
06-21-2013, 05:22 AM
A 3rd straight title.

Silver-Stein or Silver-Stern or whatever the f his name is, guarantees it. It's certified and in the mail as we speak.

BirdIsTheWord
06-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Nothing new. Couple more titles and longevity.

pacman16
06-21-2013, 05:46 AM
scary thing about lebron is his work ethic... he will 100% improve his jump shot
hopefully his body can keep up with his play because the show is great to witness as a basketball fan

Poem33
06-21-2013, 05:55 AM
i can see the hatred towards Lebron is still in the mist. i think he's exceeded his expectations in the stats category. What james has to do? win more champs. my list is pretty much what he needs to do to be the absolute greatest

-dunk champion
-three point champion
-6+ MVP
-5+FMVP
-5+rings
-DPOY

if he accomplishes these feats, he will no doubt be the second greatest and possibly the G.O.A.T depending on how you toss it. very achievable, assuming he wins 3 straight, he'll be 32 which is still a ripe age. he needs to perfect his range because his athleticism will slow down a bit.

Dunk/Three point is the underrated part of what he needs to accomplish. with these two, he can put himself down as one of the greatest dunkers and obviously winning a three point contest makes him one up against jordan. not saying it's required but certainly something to take to consideration.

DPOY, absolute must. he deserved it this year, not marc gasol. He definite needs one.

6MVP, probably a given he will get this unless my boy Durant goes beasting.

No doubt, he can break the 30k point, and many records. Not getting into that because he's already on pace to break many statistics. all there is to it is winning.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-22-2013, 09:45 AM
well he's officially in every rational minded person's top 10 in nba history, so whats left is kinda what hes been doing.. get titles and build on that resume, while improving your game and honing it so age won't affect your effecieny and production.

dodie53
06-22-2013, 09:57 AM
average a triple double
then win another 'ship

The Flash
06-22-2013, 10:13 AM
average a triple double :speechless:... raising the bar a little too much?

NYKalltheway
06-22-2013, 10:31 AM
win while not having teammates other superstars are jealous of... and this does not mean have Eric Snow or Varejao as his 2nd best teammate.

OceanSpray
06-22-2013, 10:33 AM
No one can realistically average a triple double anymore. The pace isn't as fast and rebounding is much tougher since there are no more 6"7 centers. LeBron would be averaging 30/20/20 back then, easily.

goingfor28
06-22-2013, 10:38 AM
No one can realistically average a triple double anymore. The pace isn't as fast and rebounding is much tougher since there are no more 6"7 centers. LeBron would be averaging 30/20/20 back then, easily.

No he wouldn't :laugh2: dude is too soft. He would have gotten beat up in the old nba.

daleja424
06-22-2013, 10:42 AM
become a better jump shooter and better post moves.

Some people need to open their eyes.

Lebron was a better midrange and three point shooter last year than Kobe has ever been in his career.

Lebron (2013)- From 16-23 feet = 46%, eFG on threes= 60.9%

Kobe's best year (2009)- From 16-23 Feet= 42%, eFG on threes= 52.7%

Durant (2013)- From 16-23 feet= 43%, eFG on threes= 62.1%

Melo (2013)- From 16-23 feet= 43%, eFG on threes= 56.7%

It is almost comical that people continue to underestimate Lebron's jumpshooting...

OceanSpray
06-22-2013, 10:52 AM

Lebron was a better midrange and three point shooter last year than Kobe has ever been in his career.

It is almost comical that people continue to underestimate Lebron's jumpshooting...

Scary part: Korean probably meant that he can continue being better. You can never be too good for something.

He needs to work on his free throws and keep doing what he does. There are no flaws to his game except midrange/free throws. His midrange is still iffy at times, refer to the playoffs. Everything else, he needs to keep doing. He had one of the best regular seasons in NBA history.

AnthonyTyrael
06-22-2013, 10:54 AM

Maybe they don't see him jumping, just shooting. :D Like he never leaves the ground while shooting. Game 7 showed once again that guy can shoot long range.

What he needs to do? Instead of always almost giving away titles, he better should win them with ease. He lost against the Mavs because Miami was arrogant all series long, they didn't win it against an old and overage Spurs team, they've won it this year because Pop made the wrong decisons, and because the Spurs simply gave it away in game 6. Now look at LeBron's supporting cast, consider an injured Parker, a guy like Green who had to go cold once, a guy like Manu doing more bad than good and an 37 year old PF who can't handle it all by himself. No disrepect to either team but that's a shame. An all time great Bulls or Lakers team would have killed both teams with ease in these Finals. Or Detroit. Plain pain in their ***.

Thin line for Miami between winning and losing it all - once again this year.

BigCityofDreams
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Scary part: Korean probably meant that he can continue being better. You can never be too good for something.

He needs to work on his free throws and keep doing what he does. There are no flaws to his game except midrange/free throws. His midrange is still iffy at times, refer to the playoffs. Everything else, he needs to keep doing. He had one of the best regular seasons in NBA history.

That's what he meant but some Lebron fans take every little thing as hating/criticism.

The Flash
06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
No he wouldn't :laugh2: dude is too soft. He would have gotten beat up in the old nba.

better live in the past when present is bitter, huh?

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Going for a three peat?

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-22-2013, 11:29 AM
if he just changes his mind set in the clutch situations where he doesnt overthink, this dude will do wonders. his jumpshot is among the best, just need to choose a few go to spots, tinker a few plays and bam.

also improve post game using a little more skill rather than speed/athleticism while also improving his footwork.

and of course, improve his fts and mindset towards them.

while also being a better defender and working on exposing offensive player's weaknesses.

he's sooo close in being the perfect player...

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
if he just changes his mind set in the clutch situations where he doesnt overthink, this dude will do wonders. his jumpshot is among the best, just need to choose a few go to spots, tinker a few plays and bam.

also improve post game using a little more skill rather than speed/athleticism while also improving his footwork.

and of course, improve his fts and mindset towards them.

while also being a better defender and working on exposing offensive player's weaknesses.

he's sooo close in being the perfect player...

I am glad Miami fans will at least acknowledge this. There are people here that pretend like this issue doesn't even exist. LeBron is still very peculiar as far as the way his confidence in his own Grade A+ game can shatter or 'waver' with every missed shot. There were points of that last series where he looked like he could very well be the best player of all time, and there were times he looked like he was completely terrified to try and make a play to win the game. I don't get it, it still doesn't make sense to me. It obviously comes down to thinking too much in an instinctive game where overthinking is the worst thing you can do.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:40 AM
I will say LeBron's parting words to the press were pretty awesome. 'Please continue to motivate me, I need you guys'. The great ones need haters like me and guys who will call them on their ****.

ClevelandSpider
06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see him up his FT% to at least 80%, maybe 42% on 3PT, 2.0 SPG, 2.0 BPG? It's undeniable that LeBron is a better defender than when he was in Cleveland, yet the stats are similar, I'd like to see him have a breakout year defensively and nab the DPotY which he should have gotten this year...the scary part is that he can get better and most suredly will...I see another MVP, DPotY and Finals MVP...

mngopher35
06-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Continue to improve his jump shooting and post play, so basically just keep working like always. He is clearly working his way up the all time great list now so he just needs to focus on improving and racking up those accolades (with championships as the obvious goal each year).

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 11:47 AM
As far as accolades, he's gotta get DPOY one of these days. He is definitely the best defensive player in the game, but the award is prejudice against guys who aren't an anchor C.

Crackadalic
06-22-2013, 11:58 AM
As far as accolades, he's gotta get DPOY one of these days. He is definitely the best defensive player in the game, but the award is prejudice to guys who aren't an anchor C.

He should have won it this season. Think that's the next step for him next season

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
He should have won it this season. Think that's the next step for him next season

My money is on Joakim Noah winning it next year, but LeBron is as deserving as anyone. Its amazing how Miami 'anchors' their D from the perimeter with little to no help under the rim. Jordan/Pippen like. They just suffocate teams from the outside-in.

BALLER R
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Honestly if I was him I would absolutely go after every single award in the NBA. I got the champions now let me set the bar. Win the dunk contest, 3 pt shoot out, Skills competition, DPOY, Couple Scoring titles, lead the lead in steals, assist. Basically destroy the league and go down as the greatest player ever.

I use to hate Lebron but everything I said about him he would shut me up. Only reason I can't stand him sometimes is because of his fans. But dude got the whole package to go down as the greatest. Hate it or love it you I give respect when respect is due. Right now everyone on this forum needs to respect his game. He is the best player in the NBA. Your really a hater if you think otherwise. I grew up and it's time for everyone else to do the same and respect greatness in the making.

sturm
06-22-2013, 12:08 PM
he really need to improve his post moves. then he will be real unbeatable.

jerellh528
06-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Best defender in the game? Haha. Some of you are ridiculous. I've heard guys say he is the best defender, best pg, could average a triple double? C'mon gents, Lebron is not god. It seems as if we go through this every time a great player comes around. Grant hill, t Mac, Kobe, Lebron, next year it will be durant etc. I guess that's just human nature to get so caught up in the moment of whats now and hip.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Honestly if I was him I would absolutely go after every single award in the NBA. I got the champions now let me set the bar. Win the dunk contest, 3 pt shoot out, Skills competition, DPOY, Couple Scoring titles, lead the lead in steals, assist. Basically destroy the league and go down as the greatest player ever.

I use to hate Lebron but everything I said about him he would shut me up. Only reason I can't stand him sometimes is because of his fans. But dude got the whole package to go down as the greatest. Hate it or love it you I give respect when respect is due. Right now everyone on this forum needs to respect his game. He is the best player in the NBA. Your really a hater if you think otherwise. I grew up and it's time for everyone else to do the same and respect greatness in the making.

I think LeBron's reluctance to do the dunk contest pretty much personifies the lack of confidence and fear of failure many people believe he still displays.

I'm considered a hater but never once said he wasn't the best player in the game, I just think for being the best player in the game, he has some peculiarities that I've never seen out of anyone else who was ever considered the best player in the game.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Best defender in the game? Haha. Some of you are ridiculous. I've heard guys say he is the best defender, best pg, could average a triple double? C'mon gents, Lebron is not god. It seems as if we go through this every time a great player comes around. Grant hill, t Mac, Kobe, Lebron, next year it will be durant etc. I guess that's just human nature to get so caught up in the moment of whats now and hip.

LeBron has been the best defender in the game for awhile now. And trust me I don't consider him anywhere near god.

blams
06-22-2013, 12:12 PM

Lol. He plays the way he does to manipulate the refs. If you think he wouldn't adjust flawlessly to a physical game you're hilarious. He'd be fine.

BALLER R
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
I think LeBron's reluctance to do the dunk contest pretty much personifies the lack of confidence and fear of failure many people believe he still displays.

I'm considered a hater but never once said he wasn't the best player in the game, I just think for being the best player in the game, he has some peculiarities that I've never seen out of anyone else who was ever considered the best player in the game.

To be honest he would win the dunk contest on hype alone. example Blake Griffin.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:18 PM
To be honest he would win the dunk contest on hype alone. example Blake Griffin.

That was the most obvious display of 'rigged' NBA I have ever seen. I don't buy into the conspiracies much, but that **** was rigged, Derozan got robbed, and Kia had a ton of dough invested to make sure Blake pulled off that crappy dunk. Worst dunk contest of all time for that reason.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2013, 12:20 PM
win while not having teammates other superstars are jealous of... and this does not mean have Eric Snow or Varejao as his 2nd best teammate.

Ignore him! He just hates lebron

OceanSpray
06-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Wow, what does the dunk contest even mean. Magic doesn't win it, he's regarded as the second GOAT.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2013, 12:23 PM

Shut up. Nobody can average 30/20/20. He prob would get near 10-11 boards a game that would be the only difference

jerellh528
06-22-2013, 12:26 PM
What's next for Lebron should be for him to close his ears to the media, and stop worrying about his "haters", just worry about his fans, and keep playing ball.

D-Leethal
06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Wow, what does the dunk contest even mean. Magic doesn't win it, he's regarded as the second GOAT.

Magic wasn't one of the best dunkers of all time, LeBron is. The dunk contest means a lot, its all part of it, and the great ones have all done it. LeBron should too.

Kid Fabulous
06-22-2013, 12:41 PM
The dunk contest means nothing now. Its all just a big, " who can roll out the most ridiculous props" contest. Maybe if it was the one try and your done, style and power over what accessories you have, dunk contest of yesteryear, but its not. You guys need to stop glorifying these dunk contests now or else people like Jeremy Evans might be considered all time greats

yungincome
06-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Play without his headband

OceanSpray
06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Magic wasn't one of the best dunkers of all time, LeBron is. The dunk contest means a lot, its all part of it, and the great ones have all done it. LeBron should too.

I'm just saying, you don't need it. Blake Griffin has it, heck, Jeremy Evans has it. LeBron doesn't need a silly dunk contest champion label anymore. He needs big things like more MVP's and championships. If Magic doesn't need it and he's regarded as the second best, it's only fair that James shouldn't need it either.

Jarvo
06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
DPOY or even maybe enter Dunk contest??

Heediot
06-22-2013, 01:40 PM
JUst develop a pure killer instinct. Right now, he has his moments, but he needs to be unconscious and impose his will whenever he want, which I don't think he does.

jam
06-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Whatever will produce the highest tv ratings for the league, which in this case means a threepeat.

Jint.
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
dunk from the 3 point line..

DirkDiggler6
06-22-2013, 05:34 PM
dunk from the 3 point line..

+1

Dade County
06-23-2013, 02:47 AM
The HEAT organization just has to win 4 titles straight, that will speak for its self and all players involve; will be historically remembered.

LeperMessiah
06-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Disney Land.

Disney Land.

naps
06-23-2013, 04:54 AM
Keep doing what he's doing. Win ships and just keep racking up both MVPs along the way.

As for his individual game, He's already one of the best jump shooters in the game, he should keep working on that. And I really really want him work him on his free throws. He shoots early 70's but imagine if he can get it to something like 85% :speechless:

naps
06-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Makes me laugh when people include dunk contest in the basket of a to-do list. Lamest thing ever.

BigCityofDreams
06-23-2013, 12:37 PM

It does happen when a player wins and proves his haters wrong. Lebron is a great player but things like him being able to play all five positions at an "elite" level is overstated

BigCityofDreams
06-23-2013, 12:39 PM
The HEAT organization just has to win 4 titles straight, that will speak for its self and all players involve; will be historically remembered.

They will be remembered but that won't happen. Asking a team to make that many deep playoff runs is extremely hard to do.

BklynKnicks3
06-23-2013, 02:00 PM
win without popa wade.

bucketss
06-23-2013, 03:25 PM
dunk contest LEHGO, he has no excuse this year, i'll give him 2011 because he got embarrassed in the finals probably didn't want to do it, but he HAS to do it this year.

RiceOnTheRun
06-23-2013, 03:37 PM
It does happen when a player wins and proves his haters wrong. Lebron is a great player but things like him being to play all five positions at an "elite" level is overstated

I agree. He can probably play for forward positions at the most elite level. Dishing like a point guard for sure. His jumper's improved enough that he can play the role of a SG pretty well if he's needed there. I'm convinced he could still play some spurts at C if he wanted, but over a period of time like in a series, he'd get dominated by a true center. So I wouldn't say elite level at all 5 positions, but definitely in the 98th percentile for at least 4 of them and still a passable center when he needs to be.

dunk contest LEHGO, he has no excuse this year, i'll give him 2011 because he got embarrassed in the finals probably didn't want to do it, but he HAS to do it this year.

The Miami Heat get in a football formation. Lebron at Center hikes it back to Wade at halfcourt before he then books it to the rim, catches Wade's lob in mid-air and throws down the reverse dunk from around the FT line. BOOM.

Dade County
06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
They will be remembered but that won't happen. Asking a team to make that many deep playoff runs is extremely hard to do.

I think it will happen, this is one of the ways that Lbj can set his self apart from the Lakers & Bulls 3peat. The HEAT 4 peat'ing, will set them apart from all the dynasty's that started in the 80's up until now.

So it would have been 5 straight finals for the HEAT... I know this would be very hard to do, but the NBA is about entertainment, so anything can happen.

The op asked wants left for Lbj, I am just stating my opinion on wants next to prove for the HEAT organization & Lbj.

RiceOnTheRun
06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I think it will happen, this is one of the ways that Lbj can set his self apart from the Lakers & Bulls 3peat. The HEAT 4 peat'ing, will set them apart from all the dynasty's that started in the 80's up until now.

So it would have been 5 straight finals for the HEAT... I know this would be very hard to do, but the NBA is about entertainment, so anything can happen.

The op asked wants left for Lbj, I am just stating my opinion on wants next to prove for the HEAT organization & Lbj.

Their biggest challenge in the East seems to be the Pacers, with their newfound talent in Hibbert and George. Hibbert mostly, looks to be a problem for them in playoff seasons to come. If CP3 goes to Atlanta, you have them as competition but I'd still think the Pacers are the biggest threat. Bulls are in there too, but Pacers atm are more dangerous. In the East, they're probably still favorites is Pat Riley can work his magic the next two years to keep more fitting role players around Lebron.

Out west, you have the GSW, Rockets if they get Dwight, Grizzlies, Spurs, OKC and a couple other teams to watch out for. They all have pretty decent bigs with the slight exception of OKC and unless Miami grabs a solid big man from FA they're gonna have a tough time.

Dwyane Wade needs to be consistent, first of all, they won't always be as lucky as they've been the past two playoff seasons where Lebron was able to carry the load himself. Bosh needs to find a happy medium between wanna-be jump shooter and ball dominant player. Draw the man out of the paint, but don't always settle for jumpers and threes. Chalmers has the biggest room for growth and depending on how much farther he can push himself, the Heat will have more options.

Lake_Show2416
06-23-2013, 05:00 PM
numbers wise, it would b great to see a player average a triple double, only thing's he needs to do is work on is his post game & continue improving his shot, other than that win some more titles & play out a his career

3RDASYSTEM
06-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Now go lead a bottom feeder to Finals again or ship since he is in his psd super prime

D.O.N.
06-23-2013, 06:02 PM
it would be awesome to see somone avereging a triple double, but i think Dpoy and a 90/50/40 are the two individual accomplishment he could realisticly achive.

Other than that, winning a few other championships....

seikou8
06-23-2013, 06:07 PM
it would be awesome to see somone avereging a triple double, but i think Dpoy and a 90/50/40 are the two individual accomplishment he could realisticly achive.

Other than that, winning a few other championships....
this but him shoot 90 percent from line would shocking to see