PDA

View Full Version : Popovich Is Overrated

TheScab
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Or he was paid off this game. A coach known for adjustments makes no adjustments at all, almost as if it was done on purpose. Really, a legendary coach like him continues to leave in Danny Green who otherwise would have been on the bench. A coach who continues to let Lebron remain wide open and knock down jumper after jumper? Seems as if this was a regular season game, Pops coaching would have been a total 180 compared to this.

I also lost respect for Parker. He seemed uninterested in the whole game! Guy looked as if he wanted to go home. He wasn't even looking to score or win. Even just look at his face, something was wrong.

Ginobili???

Something just doesn't seem right from these guys in a game 7.

heyman321
06-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Parker looked tired because he has a hamstring about to tear, he shouldn't even be playing. However the rest of the entire spurs team sucked except Duncan and Leonard.

Knicks21
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
And better yet, if this was game 6 and game 7 was tomorrow, he would do the same approach.

He is consistent and has enormous trust in every single one of his players, his roster is no where near as good as the heats, but he makes them play just as good as a team.

If anything respect gained.

Hangtime
06-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Never mind Parker had hamstring issues. You ever tried to play with one? Ginobili is simply done. They should throw a retirement party soon. Miami clamped down on Green plain and simple. The guy got no more open looks.

Jumba
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
This has to be the most pathetic thread that will be made tonight... oh wait.

Stop living in the moment and respect a guy that has more coaching talent than Spoelstra has under his fingernails.

MTL_123
come on POP aint worry bout nothin

Chrisstyles
Something was fishy with Popovich I believe. Its simple and right in front of everybody's faces. The answer is Boris Diaw. When he guarded Lebron, he shut him down. In game 6 when the Spurs were up 10 at the end of the third he took Diaw off Lebron and never put him back on Lebron (Lebron was 3 for 14 shooting). I think Popovich was told to not let Diaw guard Lebron because no one wants to see Lebron struggle (ratings).
He didn't even play much in this game for some strange reason.

BigBlueCrew
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Pop made some ******** decisions in this series. Why stick with the players that he did? Manu, Green etc.

of course the miami will come in here and praise Pop now that they've won :rolleyes:

akesh99
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
this thread is so stupid Pop is the GOAT

JasonJohnHorn
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
What's Pop going to do? Game six was the Sac-LAL game six all over again with the officials keeping MIA in the game with the hopes of a highly rated game 7. That game should have been a SAS win. Instead it was a shamble. Granted, Allen hit that shot and Birdman and Bosh earned those offensive boards and SAS should have been able to close out that game, but had to officiating be even, that game would have been a 12 point victory for the Spurs in regulation.

Pop and Duncan lead this team to another 50+ win season and their fifth trip to the finals. Everybody has been saying this team is 'too old' for five years now and still they reach the finals. Only two coaches managed to get their teams into the NBA finals this year and only four active coaches have lead a team to the title. Pop is in that rare company. For anybody to suggest that he's overrated if proof that that person has no clue what they are talking about.

You can't out-coach the officials.

Gagan136
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Uh what? Pop is great, Miami is just a better team.

SteveNash
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
This has to be the most pathetic thread that will be made tonight... oh wait.

Stop living in the moment and respect a guy that has more coaching talent than Spoelstra has under his fingernails.

Spoelstra never lost to an 8th seed.

gatkins11
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
...and the knee-jerk reaction threads continue to roll in.

true
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Or he was paid off this game. A coach known for adjustments makes no adjustments at all, almost as if it was done on purpose. Really, a legendary coach like him continues to leave in Danny Green who otherwise would have been on the bench. A coach who continues to let Lebron remain wide open and knock down jumper after jumper? Seems as if this was a regular season game, Pops coaching would have been a total 180 compared to this.

I also lost respect for Parker. He seemed uninterested in the whole game! Guy looked as if he wanted to go home. He wasn't even looking to score or win. Even just look at his face, something was wrong.

Ginobili???

Something just doesn't seem right from these guys in a game 7.

People are saying Pop didn't look sad after the game.

bro, the **** was fixed.... Game 6 made me really really think it... Game 7 solidified it.

Pop and Manu will be splitting 100 million dollars somewhere.

There's just no way... He left green in when he was 0-8 (when he should have BEEN took him out), but as SOON as he hit is first 3, he yanks him.... wtf?

If there was a smoking gun for fixing a game, it would be pop's decisions in these last 2 games. PERIOD.

true
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Green: 0 - 8 ... HORRIBLE play all game on offense and defense

Hits first 3! (gains much needed confidence)

Pop Yanks him IMMEDIATELY....

And yall really expect me to just believe this ********?

Riodagoat
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Of course there was something wrong. 3 started hitting his jump shots and 6 played like the GOAT that he is.

Oh and Pop is GOAT. I would pick him over PJax.

true
06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Heat 6 point favorites.

Heat win by 7 points, with a few final free throws to seal it

People making hundreds of millions of dollars for that bet. If they don't score 2 points, those millions of dollars are not made.

Not taking anything from Lebron... I'm proud of how he played.

But Pop and Ginobli, them ****** splitting some BIG MONEY with this one.

Chrisstyles
06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Diaw shoulda been playing at least 35 minutes in this one.

true
06-21-2013, 01:00 AM
So many people lurking....

Scared to give an opinion because there's no disputing what I said?

WHY DID POP TAKE DANNY GREEN OUT AS SOON AS HE HIT HIS FIRST SHOT?

Somebody want to answer this for me? Can ANYONE give me a logical explanation besides point shaving?

dodie53
06-21-2013, 01:05 AM
pop is still a great coach imo.

matt800
06-21-2013, 01:18 AM

Somebody want to answer this for me? Can ANYONE give me a logical explanation besides point shaving?

If the heat were the favorites and pop were gambling, wouldn't he have made more money by winning?

I do agree that it was odd for Green to be taken out at that time. He is clearly a vital piece to their team, and to take him out right after he hits a shot is questionable.

Lisound15
06-21-2013, 01:22 AM

I have to agree with you.

Overall the NBA has been fixed for years. People try and defend it because they want that sense that they aren't being fooled, yet the sooner they accept the truth, the sooner they can free themselves.

Its obvious that Stern has an agenda, and that agenda was to make Lebron the next marketing icon for NIKE and the NBA. ALso, his failure would personify a failure for the league, because the NBA needs players like Jordan, Magic, etc. to win for it to be a successful league. In the end, as much as we want to deny this fact, the NBA is a Business, and will do whatever it takes to be as profitable as possible.

Lastly, if you were in Poppovich's shoes, you've probably experienced both ends of this. There were definitely times when the league aided the Spurs, and times when they didn't (like tonight). He might as well make some money out of the situation, knowing that his team wasn't going to win, and simply bet against them. He's a smart man, look at how much success he's achieved already. Just look at that last foul, down 5 with 18 seconds left to push it to a 7 point game, when the game was clearly over at that point. He's walking away with a pretty penny for this finals, you better believe it.

PhillyFaninLA
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I agree he stinks, the only thing the would be right would be to trade his contract to the Sixers for future considerations...its the only right thing to do.

Pop is not overrated, he is a fantastic coach, one of the all time greats.

Max.This
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Spoelstra never lost to an 8th seed.

If pop had LeBron wade and bosh he'd have 7 ships in 7 years

NYMetros
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Pop's a top 5 coach of all time. lol at him being overrated. talk about an overreaction to 1 game.

true
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
If the heat were the favorites and pop were gambling, wouldn't he have made more money by winning?

I do agree that it was odd for Green to be taken out at that time. He is clearly a vital piece to their team, and to take him out right after he hits a shot is questionable.

Pop could have bets on the game through 3rd party associates... They could all have their money on the heat, and give Pop a cut bro. Thats how it works.

true
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
I have to agree with you.

Overall the NBA has been fixed for years. People try and defend it because they want that sense that they aren't being fooled, yet the sooner they accept the truth, the sooner they can free themselves.

Its obvious that Stern has an agenda, and that agenda was to make Lebron the next marketing icon for NIKE and the NBA. ALso, his failure would personify a failure for the league, because the NBA needs players like Jordan, Magic, etc. to win for it to be a successful league. In the end, as much as we want to deny this fact, the NBA is a Business, and will do whatever it takes to be as profitable as possible.

Lastly, if you were in Poppovich's shoes, you've probably experienced both ends of this. There were definitely times when the league aided the Spurs, and times when they didn't (like tonight). He might as well make some money out of the situation, knowing that his team wasn't going to win, and simply bet against them. He's a smart man, look at how much success he's achieved already. Just look at that last foul, down 5 with 18 seconds left to push it to a 7 point game, when the game was clearly over at that point. He's walking away with a pretty penny for this finals, you better believe it.

I guess I can't bash others for not seeing it... Their intelligence level is just not to the level ours is at...

Their were whispers about game 6 being fixed by pop, and it sure as hell felt like it in hindsight... Because, people wont to refuse to believe that 1 billion people on earth could've coached that game 6 and won, but a coach in the NBA with 30 years experience cant...

Think about it.. only 30 NBA head coaching jobs in the world.... 1 coach couldn't pull off the game 6 win.... yet, 1 billion adults off the streets, from all over the world, could've.... yet, I'm just supposed to believe he "made a few bad decisions"?

I'm far too smart to go along for the ride.

The **** he pulled with Danny Green just took the cake. The guy was out of it from the opening tip, yet you leave him in, only to yank him, AS SOON as he hits ONE SHOT....

He took parker out at the end of the game AGAIN... When asked by a reporter why, he said "because thats the decision I made"....

Yea.... Who wouldn't make a decision that would net them a 10's of millions of dollars like snapping your fingers.

ThuglifeJ
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
What's Pop going to do? Game six was the Sac-LAL game six all over again with the officials keeping MIA in the game with the hopes of a highly rated game 7. That game should have been a SAS win. Instead it was a shamble. Granted, Allen hit that shot and Birdman and Bosh earned those offensive boards and SAS should have been able to close out that game, but had to officiating be even, that game would have been a 12 point victory for the Spurs in regulation.

Pop and Duncan lead this team to another 50+ win season and their fifth trip to the finals. Everybody has been saying this team is 'too old' for five years now and still they reach the finals. Only two coaches managed to get their teams into the NBA finals this year and only four active coaches have lead a team to the title. Pop is in that rare company. For anybody to suggest that he's overrated if proof that that person has no clue what they are talking about.

+1

shep33
06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Still the best coach in the biz. But those 28 seconds cost the Spurs a title.

Lisound15
06-21-2013, 02:38 AM
I guess I can't bash others for not seeing it... Their intelligence level is just not to the level ours is at...

Their were whispers about game 6 being fixed by pop, and it sure as hell felt like it in hindsight... Because, people wont to refuse to believe that 1 billion people on earth could've coached that game 6 and won, but a coach in the NBA with 30 years experience cant...

Think about it.. only 30 NBA head coaching jobs in the world.... 1 coach couldn't pull off the game 6 win.... yet, 1 billion adults off the streets, from all over the world, could've.... yet, I'm just supposed to believe he "made a few bad decisions"?

The **** he pulled with Danny Green just took the cake. The guy was out of it from the opening tip, yet you leave him in, only to yank him, AS SOON as he hits ONE SHOT....

He took parker out at the end of the game AGAIN... When asked by a reporter why, he said "because thats the decision I made"....

Yea.... Who wouldn't make a decision that would net them a 10's of millions of dollars like snapping your fingers.

Exactly.
I have a good friend who makes a living betting on NBA & NCAA games in vegas, he tells me all the time about how everything is predetermined based on the $ bet on one team vs another. Another close friend of mind knows somebody who is involved in Vegas and is extremely shady in his conversations about the NBA, literally top secret (like an FBI agent) .

Just look at donaghy, if one guy does it than shouldn't that set off a red flag in peoples minds??
No, lets just be ignorant sheep and think he's the only one whose been fixing games over recent years. It really baffles my minds, its like getting a speeding ticket, most people drive over the speed limit but only a few take the fall, that doesn't mean that only the few are guilty of it.

Jumba
06-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Spoelstra is at least in single company to be the worst coach to win a championship.

With the amount of talent on that team, if given to a real coach (like Pop) the NBA would be renamed to Pop's *****.

OaklandsFinest
06-21-2013, 02:53 AM

That is the most short sided thinking I could possibly fathom? Did you watch game 6? The Heat were getting assaulted in that 3rd quarter with no calls. For the most part the refs let them play and called it down the middle, if not in the Spurs favor. The Heat shot less free throws than any of their other playoff series. There was some questionable decisions by Pop thats for sure, wih Parker sitting out at times they needed him, but maybe that was just hi being hurt. But blaming the refs is ********.

Jarvo
06-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Is this thread ****ing serious!?!? Won 4 rings and a breakdown away from his 5th **** outta here. He just out coached himself this time.

true
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
That is the most short sided thinking I could possibly fathom? Did you watch game 6? The Heat were getting assaulted in that 3rd quarter with no calls. For the most part the refs let them play and called it down the middle, if not in the Spurs favor. The Heat shot less free throws than any of their other playoff series. There was some questionable decisions by Pop thats for sure, wih Parker sitting out at times they needed him, but maybe that was just hi being hurt. But blaming the refs is ********.

I don't think the Refs had anything to do with BLATANTLY rigging this Finals...

But no objective mind, who knows basketball, can look at Popovich and not question him.

-He's smiling hugging wade / bron, doesn't look disappointed at all
-He makes 10 of the worst coaching decisions, in sports history, in 2 games.... back to back games.

Just these 2 facts.... who can look at this **** and say with 1,0000% certainty pop didn't bet on the heat? Or the Mob hasn't threatened him?

No objective person who knows basketball can.

true
06-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Exactly.
I have a good friend who makes a living betting on NBA & NCAA games in vegas, he tells me all the time about how everything is predetermined based on the $ bet on one team vs another. Another close friend of mind knows somebody who is involved in Vegas and is extremely shady in his conversations about the NBA, literally top secret (like an FBI agent) .

Just look at donaghy, if one guy does it than shouldn't that set off a red flag in peoples minds??
No, lets just be ignorant sheep and think he's the only one whose been fixing games over recent years. It really baffles my minds, its like getting a speeding ticket, most people drive over the speed limit but only a few take the fall, that doesn't mean that only the few are guilty of it.

To be honest.. I'm glad I've experienced these Finals...

It'll let me use this is motivation to get big money... because money makes the world go round.

You have corruption EVERYWHERE.... Enron... Governers... Senate.... wherever, there is curruption all over the world...

Is it supposed to stop with the NBA? lololol...

It's just sad Pop made the **** so obvious.... I'm a huge basketball fan, so it hurts me that it was so obvious (for me at least), but for the Heat it'll go down in NBA history as a title... It just skews history that I was once greatly entertained by (nba history)

There is nothing in this world, that will ever explain, why he Yanked Danny Green from that game, only AFTER he hit his first shot... But not before.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2013, 03:12 AM
I love Pop.

Reporter: Can you tell us why you had TP on the bench with 23 seconds left?
Pop: That's what I decided to do.
Reporter: Can you elaborate?
Pop: No

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 03:14 AM
To be honest.. I'm glad I've experienced these Finals...

It'll let me use this is motivation to get big money... because money makes the world go round.

You have corruption EVERYWHERE.... Enron... Governers... Senate.... wherever, there is curruption all over the world...

Is it supposed to stop with the NBA? lololol...

It's just sad Pop made the **** so obvious.... I'm a huge basketball fan, so it hurts me that it was so obvious (for me at least), but for the Heat it'll go down in NBA history as a title... It just skews history that I was once greatly entertained by (nba history)

There is nothing in this world, that will ever explain, why he Yanked Danny Green from that game, only AFTER he hit his first shot... But not before.

Maybe Pop was told to give away the finals for the sake of the league.....

now that the spurs got national attention..which was the goal of any spurs fan was to get national attention, honestly congrats Miami, and thanks for giving us the national spotlight for a while it was fun while it lasted hopefully it will continue from this point moving forward.

maybe the deal was for Pop to blow this series and win next year for the rematch....Timmy retires a champion, Lebron and Bosh opt out creating more drama in the league, Lebron stays with Miami, Bosh goes to the Hornets and starts the next regime and the Thunder will be the next bulls in the 90s

That would make sense, Heat vs Spurs 2 (sort of like the Celtics Lakers in the 80s) .if this happens next year ill start believing in the conspiracy.

Jarvo
06-21-2013, 03:41 AM
^^^ Are you guys serious?? Yeah I do too think at points games were fixed, But now its like we lost cant ssy **** else.

KaiserZr
06-21-2013, 03:45 AM
To call Pop overrated is flat out stupid...There is not a team in this league that wouldn't love to have him as their head coach...his players were hurting, some of them need to retire...hell some would say the only reason they got this far was because of the injury to Westbrook for Oklahoma.

true
06-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Maybe Pop was told to give away the finals for the sake of the league.....

now that the spurs got national attention..which was the goal of any spurs fan was to get national attention, honestly congrats Miami, and thanks for giving us the national spotlight for a while it was fun while it lasted hopefully it will continue from this point moving forward.

maybe the deal was for Pop to blow this series and win next year for the rematch....Timmy retires a champion, Lebron and Bosh opt out creating more drama in the league, Lebron stays with Miami, Bosh goes to the Hornets and starts the next regime and the Thunder will be the next bulls in the 90s

That would make sense, Heat vs Spurs 2 (sort of like the Celtics Lakers in the 80s) .if this happens next year ill start believing in the conspiracy.

I was thinking the same thing.... Spurs / Heat rematch next year... Ratings and the tension would be CRAZY.

But, yes that's also possible... That Pop was asked to "take one for the team".... this could make more sense than being threatened by the mob or trying to win big money in Vegas.

Pop threw these last 2 games... Some decisions were subtle, some not so subtle...

Nothing will ever convince me that a top 5 coach in NBA history couldn't win a game that 1 billion regular people on Earth WOULD have won. (game 6)

For anyone on this message board to be so naive or gullible, shame on you.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 04:03 AM
N
I was thinking the same thing.... Spurs / Heat rematch next year... Ratings and the tension would be CRAZY.

But, yes that's also possible... That Pop was asked to "take one for the team".... this could make more sense than being threatened by the mob or trying to win big money in Vegas.

Pop threw these last 2 games... Some decisions were subtle, some not so subtle...

Nothing will ever convince me that a top 5 coach in NBA history couldn't win a game that 1 billion regular people on Earth WOULD have won. (game 6)

For anyone on this message board to be so naive or gullible, shame on you.

If the Spurs and Heat meet next year for the finals the you just convinced me, also I have a friend that works in the Spurs FO and they had the trade deadline deal for Josh Smith done and were ready to execute but the league office came back and disapproved it for reasons unknown......RC Buford still wants Josh Smith and that's why he didnt offer an extension to Ginobili in March....funny how things are looking

I always had this gut feeling that our fifth title comes next year, it really surprised me when Westbrook went down and we went to the finals this year......I have always had a gut feeling that next year was our year but whatever.

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 04:10 AM
To call Pop overrated is flat out stupid...There is not a team in this league that wouldn't love to have him as their head coach...his players were hurting, some of them need to retire...hell some would say the only reason they got this far was because of the injury to Westbrook for Oklahoma.

I agree completely in fact I was surprised when Westbrook went down

true
06-21-2013, 04:11 AM
If the Spurs and Heat meet next year for the finals the you just convinced me, also I have a friend that works in the Spurs FO and they had the trade deadline deal for Josh Smith done and were ready to execute but the league office came back and disapproved it for reasons unknown......RC Buford still wants Josh Smith and that's why he didnt offer an extension to Ginobili in March....funny how things are looking

And they are saying Stern has blocked the Celtics / Clippers deal, lol...

Bro:

-He benched his 2 best players for 5 minutes to start the 4th quarter, IN A CLOSE OUT GAME, while the heat cut their 10 point lead down to 1...

-He leaves a man in the game, that has 8 turnovers... 3 more than the whole team....

THIS IS THE SAME MAN THAT WHEN ASKED BY DORIS BURKE, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ON OFFENSE: "tURNOVERS" .... AND ON DEFENSE?? "TURNOVERS"

NOW YOU LEAVE GINOBLI IN THE GAME, WHEN HE HAS MORE TURNOVERS THAN THE TEAM.... ALL OF A SUDDEN, YOU FORGOT YOUR OWN TURNOVER PHILOSOPHY??!?!?

The fix is real bro!

If he had coached a masterpiece in game 7, I would have just chalked game 6 up to alzheimers .... But the Danny Green move... Nothing will EVER explain that..

I'm going to tweet Skip Bayless, stephen A... Someone... so they can talk about him pulling Danny Green live on air.

It would be the equivalent of a wide receiver in a super bowl... dropping his first 6 passes... KILLING the team... everyone can see it... But coach REFUSES to pull him... Just wont pull him...

Then, as soon as the receiver gets a 20 yard catch.... I MEAN LITERALLY, IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE GETS A 20 YARD CATCH... And gets some confidence.....

THEN YOU YANK HIM?

This **** has been fun while it lasted lol..... There is no legit argument for what I'm saying... Remember, curruption is everywhere... Government... Corporations.... Why would it stop at sports?

jezzyman05
06-21-2013, 04:22 AM
If he had coached a masterpiece in game 7, I would have just chalked game 6 up to alzheimers .... But the Danny Green move... Nothing will EVER explain that..

I'm going to tweet Skip Bayless, stephen A... Someone... so they can talk about him pulling Danny Green live on air.
It would be the equivalent of a wide receiver in a super bowl... dropping his first 6 passes... KILLING the team... everyone can see it... But coach REFUSES to pull him... Just wont pull him...
Then, as soon as the receiver gets a 20 yard catch.... I MEAN LITERALLY, IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE GETS A 20 YARD CATCH... And gets some confidence.....

THEN YOU YANK HIM?
This **** has been fun while it lasted lol..... There is no legit argument for what I'm saying... Remember, curruption is everywhere... Government... Corporations.... Why would it stop at sports?

I hear you and like I said reading this thread things are starting to make sense a little I'm still a devoted spurs fan, and I have thought of this from time to time it's just cool knowing that other people think It to.

true
06-21-2013, 04:34 AM
I hear you and like I said reading this thread things are starting to make sense a little I'm still a devoted spurs fan, and I have thought of this from time to time it's just cool knowing that other people think It to.

Yea... The **** is obvious.... I know you feel me, I just want the world to know... Here are reactions in the main thread when Green hit that 3:

That will build Green's confidence

Maybe that 3 will get Green going

That may get green going! Gotta be careful

This is just 3 casual fans.... They may work at Burger King.. Maybe a school teacher... Who knows... But they all knew HIM FINALLY HITTING A 3 would build his confidence....

Wait..... Wait..... What's that? A top 5 coach in NBA history, is pulling him from the game now? (so, he knows less than the 3 casual fans? *gulp*)

Get this ******** out of here..... Someone needs to push this **** to congress for an investigation.. I don't have the time right now.

And bro, you should forever be a Spurs fan... But you should be OUTRAGED you got robbed... I'm not telling you to stop being a Spurs fan, but jesus.... Pop needs to pay for this blasphemy.

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:47 AM
they are tired

SteBO
06-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Spoelstra is at least in single company to be the worst coach to win a championship.

With the amount of talent on that team, if given to a real coach (like Pop) the NBA would be renamed to Pop's *****.
:laugh2: This one is golden.....

c.c.
06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Pop is a good coach i must add and sadly to say but all coaches are overrated!

ldawg
06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
No he has guys you never heard of and his best player is hurt and yet it took Miami 7 hard fought games to win even with all that talent. So for Spurs to be even there and push Miami who won by a very thin margin is remarkable. No one is perfect he did made a few mistakes in game 6 but at the end of the day talent win games the coach wear a suit and a tie.

29$JerZ
06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
If Kawaii hits 1 freethrow or Manu grabs the board their isn't a Game 7. Not much you can do. Green went cold and Parker didn't have the same explosion he had for the first 5 games. Manu was also a turn over machine.
He stuck with his guns.

RiceOnTheRun
06-21-2013, 09:24 AM

Really.

Comparing Spo with Pop.

Forget the fact that one of them has almost a decade and a half more of experience than the other.

Spo's one of the best young coaches in the league. Once Pop, Karl and many of the other older coaches retire, he'll be up there with Doc and Thibs as the best coaches in the league.

Also, if Superteams are so easy to coach, call me when Dwight, Kobe, Nash and Gasol make the finals together. Three years in a row.

Kobe2324
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
i disagree with the pop comment but agree with everything else, No D on Lebron and now he's made out to be the hero, the savior blah blah blah, dude hit open shots all game as if he was in practice, good for him lol I am also a great shooter when I dont have a hand in my face...Ginobly I would honestly trade in the offseason or just drop him if nobody wanted him, their is no way I take him back after that playoff run and even more so game 7, the same can be said about Bosh but they won so I understand if they dont make a significant move...Parker I think may have been injured cause i dont see him just giving up like that in such a big game...Danny green should have been benched halfway through last game and not brought back in as he had a big target on his back, Tim was amazing in the series, Leonard is a real Gem, dude has talent! I think both teams honestly have to make changes cause bosh and wade are not looking so good out there and i cant see them winning too many more titles if any with this core group, crazy to say that after winning the title but dont forget how good the bulls and pacers will be next year while wade gets a bit older and bosh gets more useless and continues to be overpaid lol

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Really.

Comparing Spo with Pop.

Forget the fact that one of them has almost a decade and a half more of experience than the other.

Spo's one of the best young coaches in the league. Once Pop, Karl and many of the other older coaches retire, he'll be up there with Doc and Thibs as the best coaches in the league.

Also, if Superteams are so easy to coach, call me when Dwight, Kobe, Nash and Gasol make the finals together. Three years in a row.

Spo has coached them 3 yrs already. Hes still just an average coach. Lebron is the real coach. Give the lakers 2 yrs playing together with a prime gasol, howard & kobe. Lakers 6 peat. Book it. Lol

Chronz
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM

So youre saying the heat should have won in 5, if the games were reffed fairly

Chronz
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM

Exactly.

Sounds like you don't know much about the donaghy trial...

WHODAT8o8
06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Trade teams, its a sweep for pop and lebron. Grow up dude

bathroom_man
06-21-2013, 11:48 AM
coach pops got paid by the mafia in game 6. how can you benched duncan with 28 sec left of a closeout game.. but the heat got extremely lucky that the balls bounce their way in the wandering moments. sorry but pop is the MVP

Lisound15
06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you don't know much about the donaghy trial...

why?
Because I don't think he was the only one fixing games to go over and fixing games for big money teams to win?
If you honestly believe he is the only person to have ever fixed NBA games you need to open your eyes...

just one example of a blatant fix

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Stinkyoutsider
06-21-2013, 12:34 PM
When I saw the game 7 starting lineup for the Spurs, I figured Miami would take the game. I couldn't get over how a coach like Pop, who's known for his adjustments, would continue to play small lineups. But, maybe he did this because he thought Splitter couldn't handle the big stage and he didn't have faith in any other big besides Duncan.

Interesting how Pop would continue with Ginobli after last game? Didn't Manu have 8 turnovers? He was horribly sloppy with the ball and looked like he didn't want to take contact or get to the rim like he usually does? I knew Parker would be less than himself (hamstring) but Manu didn't look like himself at all.

Chronz
06-21-2013, 12:44 PM
why?
Ill elaborate:

It also sets off a red flag to the government, the FBI investigated the case far more than you and I ever could. And their findings were clearly not indicative of a shadow conspiracy

No, lets just be ignorant sheep and think he's the only one whose been fixing games over recent years.
Heres the thing, you havent proven anything. By giving us your unsubstantiated opinion and preaching it as gospel, u are in fact hoping that others be ignorant sheep.

It really baffles my minds, its like getting a speeding ticket, most people drive over the speed limit but only a few take the fall, that doesn't mean that only the few are guilty of it.
Except this is a horrible analogy as you replace few with 1, and most with "uknown". I dont deny that there are some insidious people in this world, they can have a job in a variety of fields. That a ref was corrupt isn't outside the realm of possibility, but to insist that I should believe that you're privy to intel that could get you $$$$$, nororiety/fame and what not is a leap I wont make.

From everything Ive seen, conspiracy theorists can turn any incident and blow it out of proportion. And from everything I understand about the TD case, there was nothing on the NBA. TD's own conspirators didn't trust his "inside info", so I guess this boils down to a simple question.

Do you think your source has better information of the inner goings of the NBA than Tim D?

Because I don't think he was the only one fixing games to go over and fixing games for big money teams to win?
No, you can think whatever you want bro. I know some quacks that are convinced the government is comprised of lizard people. My problem with your post is that you dismiss those of us who find your rationale to be laughably pitiful as "sheep".

If you honestly believe he is the only person to have ever fixed NBA games you need to open your eyes...
To what? An isolated incident?

just one example of a blatant fix

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401
If TD is your best source, then you are kind of proving my point about you not knowing jack about his trial. Do you even know what he was imprisoned for?

Heatcheck
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
none of you know enough about these players, what happens in practice, or even basketball tactics to spew any less BS than skip bayless. So for anyone to say Pop is overrated or Spo is the worst coach to win a championship is laughable. you dont even know half of what goes into coaching an nba team, but yeah spo sucks because he didnt sit so and so in game 4.

koberulesall
06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
its hard to win a game when its fixed pop is a great coach he is the best in the league right now

KnickaBocka.44
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
none of you know enough about these players, what happens in practice, or even basketball tactics to spew any less BS than skip bayless. So for anyone to say Pop is overrated or Spo is the worst coach to win a championship is laughable. you dont even know half of what goes into coaching an nba team, but yeah spo sucks because he didnt sit so and so in game 4.

Spo doesn't suck, it's just that, well, he is really just the head coach of the team in name only.

Leach11
06-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Ill elaborate:

It also sets off a red flag to the government, the FBI investigated the case far more than you and I ever could. And their findings were clearly not indicative of a shadow conspiracy

Heres the thing, you havent proven anything. By giving us your unsubstantiated opinion and preaching it as gospel, u are in fact hoping that others be ignorant sheep.

Except this is a horrible analogy as you replace few with 1, and most with "uknown". I dont deny that there are some insidious people in this world, they can have a job in a variety of fields. That a ref was corrupt isn't outside the realm of possibility, but to insist that I should believe that you're privy to intel that could get you $$$$$, nororiety/fame and what not is a leap I wont make.

From everything Ive seen, conspiracy theorists can turn any incident and blow it out of proportion. And from everything I understand about the TD case, there was nothing on the NBA. TD's own conspirators didn't trust his "inside info", so I guess this boils down to a simple question.

Do you think your source has better information of the inner goings of the NBA than Tim D?

No, you can think whatever you want bro. I know some quacks that are convinced the government is comprised of lizard people. My problem with your post is that you dismiss those of us who find your rationale to be laughably pitiful as "sheep".

To what? An isolated incident?

If TD is your best source, then you are kind of proving my point about you not knowing jack about his trial. Do you even know what he was imprisoned for?

You have to be the best poster on this site. You're constantly destroying kids left, right, and center with your adherence to logic and reason.

The bolded is just it. These conspiracy nutbags will literally believe in anything. Look at all of the losers that follow Alex Jones and believe all of the ridiculous claims he makes, even though he has absolutely zero evidence to support any of those claims. We're essentially being called sheep by the dumbest of the dumb...or people who still cannot accept the fact that Lebron James is one of the best of all time and can win titles without the leagues help.

Heatcheck
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM

pacofunk64
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I hate threads like this. Pop had a game plan and that plan was to make Bron hit the mid jumper in which he struggled with. Bron does not have many weaknesses so I'd rather him shoot the mid jumper and not the layup.

Lo Porto
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
This thread is so dumb. Pop is one of the best coaches this league has ever seen. He's in a class with few others: Phil Jackson, Pop, Red, Sloan, and a few more. Guys that stay at the same place forever and keep winning are ones to appreciate. He didn't coach his best series, but it's like he made absolute bonehead decisions. 50-50 judgment calls didn't go his way. It happens.

Guppyfighter
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Why do mods allow threads that ruin the quality of the forum.