PDA

View Full Version : Predict: Will LeBron replicate Bryant's success from game 7 of '10 finals?

sunsfan88
06-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Kobe shot 6-24 (including a whooping 0-6 from 3) in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals for 23 pts, 15 boards, 2 assists and 4 turnovers. Kobe got help from Artest and Gasol who poured in 39 pts and 23 boards combined as the Lakers defeated Boston 83-79 to win the championship. The absence of Kendrick Perkins who missed the game with torn ligaments in his right knee was greatly missed by Boston who were dominated on the glass and had no answer for the Gasol-Bynum combo. Replacement Rasheed Wallace was fouled out with 11 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks.

Bryant was named Finals MVP after the win.

Do you think LeBron will replicate Kobe's success in game 7 and come out with the victory and the Finals MVP trophy?

dalton749
06-20-2013, 04:39 AM
in what world would lebron ever shoot 6-24
the worst possibility is that he doesnt score much and has close to a triple double which has become common for him in a bad game

sunsfan88
06-20-2013, 04:50 AM
the worst possibility is that he doesnt score much and has close to a triple double which has become common for him in a bad game

I don't understand, how's a triple double having a bad game?

And what I mean by replicating Kobe Bryant's success is that will LeBron James also win the title and get Finals MVP just like Kobe Bryant did back in 2010 against the Boston Celtics.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Lebron is the only player I've seen who can have a triple double, and still only played OK by his standards. If he fails, it won't be from shooting 6-24. He'll fail by deferring too much. I think he'll have an excellent game.

ManRam
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
The odds of LeBron going 6-24 are probably like 0.01%. He's shot under 30% twice this year, but neither were nearly that bad.

But even if he did struggle immensely, and the Heat do win, he'll win the Finals MVP regardless. No one else is even close to deserving it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Gasol shot 6 for 16, Peace shot 6 for 18. They had 5 turnovers between them.

Bynum of couse was playing on a bum knee that forced him to miss game 5 so he was 1-5 for 2 points and 6 rebounds. Thank God Perkins was out.... you're definition of helped out is funny since they played just as bad as Bryant. Defense won that game.

tr3ymill3r
06-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Jordan shot 15 of 35 twice in close out games. Who cares, as long as you get the W.

Becks2307
06-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Jordan shot 15 of 35 twice in close out games. Who cares, as long as you get the W.

15/35 really isnt THAT bad considering its only one game.

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey look a topic about Lebron and Kobe.....never thought I'd see the day.

true
06-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Kobe shot 6-24 (including a whooping 0-6 from 3) in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals for 23 pts, 15 boards, 2 assists and 4 turnovers. Kobe got help from Artest and Gasol who poured in 39 pts and 23 boards combined as the Lakers defeated Boston 83-79 to win the championship. The absence of Kendrick Perkins who missed the game with torn ligaments in his right knee was greatly missed by Boston who were dominated on the glass and had no answer for the Gasol-Bynum combo. Replacement Rasheed Wallace was fouled out with 11 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks.

Do you think LeBron will replicate Kobe's success in game 7 and come out with the victory and the Finals MVP trophy?

And Kobe played Great to Breath taking in the first 6 games....

Lebron has played Horrible to great in the first 6 games.... (mostly bad)

So if you're going to tell the story, tell the full story.

Out of 28 quarters (7 games), Kobe had lets say, 20 good quarters (some what of a guess)

I can tell you for sure, Lebron has had maybe 6 good quarters out of 24 so far.... (I swear on my life that was a coincidence, but lets ride with it)...

So, I'll take 6-24 for ONE GAME shooting (in a win) vs 6-24 good quarters for an entire series any day.

/thread fail

true
06-20-2013, 11:09 AM
duplicate...

koberulesall
06-20-2013, 11:52 AM
bryant was also 9-9 at the free throw line in the 4th quarter and hit a key jumper when it counted the most Defense won thet game everybody shot like s h i t

koberulesall
06-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Hey look a topic about Lebron and Kobe.....never thought I'd see the day.

hahahaha this is funny to bad there is no sarcasm button huh?

Pakman
06-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Obvious troll is obvious. Not surprised coming from a fan who's team is never relevant.

Shlumpledink
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
He can eclipse it, he can shoot at a higher percentage and rebound just as well or better. Lebron is a better rebounder than bryant, and plays a position more conducive for getting rebounds.

lpdunks8
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
15/35 really isnt THAT bad considering its only one game.

Very true. In game 6 of '98 Jordan was 15-35 but he the famous shot against Russell. In game 5;MJ was 9-26. He shot 42% for the series, but it doesn't matter because they won (just like the Lakers did in '10).

Obvious troll/bait thread to get people fighting.

All are fantastic players. Whomever is #1 in your eyes is the right answer because subjectivity is in the eye of the beholder. Just enjoy each for what they are to you.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
If LeBron shows up and plays that game, the Heat lose by 10+. His teammates are not showing up the way Kobe's did in that game.

archdevil84
06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
lebron wil go 39 - 39 from the floor tonight for 145 points

Bruno
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Very true. In game 6 of '98 Jordan was 15-35 but he the famous shot against Russell. In game 5;MJ was 9-26. He shot 42% for the series, but it doesn't matter because they won (just like the Lakers did in '10).

Obvious troll/bait thread to get people fighting.

All are fantastic players. Whomever is #1 in your eyes is the right answer because subjectivity is in the eye of the beholder. Just enjoy each for what they are to you.

don't forget game four and game six of the 1996 nba finals against the Supersonics. MJ was 6/19 (31%) in game four, and 5/19 (26%) in the close out game six. but nobody remembers or talks about that because chicago won.

winning is everything in this league.

Bruno
06-20-2013, 01:06 PM
If LeBron shows up and plays that game, the Heat lose by 10+. His teammates are not showing up the way Kobe's did in that game.

box-score?

that game and a series was a grind man. the lakers out-gritted the celtics. but when you look at the offensive numbers its really tough to say that any one showed up. they just smothered them defensively and on the glass. every laker struggled from the field badly in game seven 2010. the rest of the team combined to shoot 21/59 in game seven. i'm being a stickler and hugging to the box score- (but of corse gasol and mwp showed up big time when it mattered)

but i do agree that Miami loses by ten+ if LBJ put up Kobes identical stat line from game seven 2010. Miami would also lose if James replicated Jordans line from the close out game six of the 1996 finals. his team needs him that bad, and Miami doesn't have the size or rebounding to turn it into a sludge match of a defensive struggle.

Bruno
06-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Gasol shot 6 for 16, Peace shot 6 for 18. They had 5 turnovers between them.

Bynum of couse was playing on a bum knee that forced him to miss game 5 so he was 1-5 for 2 points and 6 rebounds. Thank God Perkins was out.... you're definition of helped out is funny since they played just as bad as Bryant. Defense won that game.

x2 on both accounts.

for all the talk about perkins being out, i've almost forgotten about how much of a non-factor bynum was in the finals. bynum posted a game score of 5.6 during the 2010 nba finals (perkins averaged a game score of 6.3 through the first five games before injury). bynum combined to play 45 minutes over games 4, 6 and 7. despite this, i'll always respect bynum for getting his knee drained and still fighting through it when it mattered once. he showed grit

the winner of tonights game seven will be the winner in the grit department. its all about the grit in game seven.

Bruno
06-20-2013, 01:28 PM

game six of the 2010 ECF, LBJ shot 21% from the field on 3/14 shooting:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201005110CLE.html

game four of the 2011 NBA finals, LBJ shot 27% on 3/11 shooting:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201106070DAL.html

it's rare for him to struggle so much from the field, but it has happened on large stages. i doubt he dips under 40% from the field tonight.

Bruno
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM

it was more so gasol/odom.

bynum was having his knee drained and played limited minutes for the series.

Bruno
06-20-2013, 01:30 PM
The odds of LeBron going 6-24 are probably like 0.01%. He's shot under 30% twice this year, but neither were nearly that bad.

But even if he did struggle immensely, and the Heat do win, he'll win the Finals MVP regardless. No one else is even close to deserving it.

x2. LBJ is the indisputable choice for finals MVP should Miami take it tonight.

gmckenziejr82
06-20-2013, 01:43 PM

Okay. I've been using this site for some time now. I rarely comment but always read the threads. Not that this thread is that bad, but it's pointless and reflective of many of the bait threads I've seen. Lebron will not replicate Kobe's performance. Lebron will have a Lebron performance. End of story.