PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fighter Wants A Piece Of Lebron

Clippersfan86
06-20-2013, 01:22 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1677741-exclusive-chael-sonnen-details-history-beef-with-lebron-james

You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?

CS: "He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West."

http://i.imgur.com/0NZO4.gif

Korman12
06-20-2013, 01:25 AM
"Hey, play me in the sport that I'll play and you'll lose! Ha! I'm the winner ... no I won't play him in basketball, that's just stupid."

kjoke
06-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Lebron's got like 8 inches on him and like 45 pounds on him. Won't say he would win, but I think Lebron could hold his own considering the advantages of weight, height and even strength on him.

Guy sounds a bit bitter

flgatorsandjags
06-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn.

And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there’s a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him.

I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

I wonder if all that is true?

lincecum=future
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
No Lebron would not hold his own, he would get rocked but Chael is a punk troll and will always be one.

bholly
06-20-2013, 01:36 AM
God, people are still using that West line? The Miami part is almost 3 years old, and the West part has to be, what, 5? So lame.

Nick O
06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
k.. then they should play 1 on 1 ... what would beating up Lebron prove exactly?

Nick O
06-20-2013, 01:41 AM
i barely know anything about UFC .. but i do know Sonnen is a ****

BALLER R
06-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Size doesn't matter if your not a trained fighter.

Jtirado16
06-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Lebron could probably hold his own. Lebron is a big boy. Definitely don't know if he'd win tho.

ThaDubs
06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
LeBron would flop.

PurpleJesus
06-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Lebron could probably hold his own. Lebron is a big boy. Definitely don't know if he'd win tho.

Lebron would get his *** whooped dude.

But yeah, as others have already pointed out, its kind of dumb for someone to challenge someone else to a competition in which they are a pro in.

Also, the article is bleacher report, so authenticity of it is highly in question.

Jtirado16
06-20-2013, 01:53 AM

But yeah, as others have already pointed out, its kind of dumb for someone to challenge someone else to a competition in which they are a pro in.

Also, the article is bleacher report, so authenticity of it is highly in question.

He'd probably lose but I don't think he'd get whomped.

shep33
06-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Play him in basketball and see what happens.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2013, 01:54 AM
BR did an interview, not an article. Besides since Turner or whoever bought them their credibility has improved a ton.

Korman12
06-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Funny thing about Chael Sonnen, if you guys aren't familiar. Dude is up and down an absolute *** and gets press and publicity because of it. Has made disparaging remarks against the Portuguese language (called it a step up from "pig latin"), said that Wanderlei Silva (Brazilian) is "thrashing around the jungle w/a blowgun trying' [sic] to catch breakfast" and "sellin' barbecued monkey on the street in Manaus," and said to Anderson Silva's manager that they're a "piglet tribe of savages."

Also was convicted of money laundering, a life-time of steroid abuse, etc. Dude is literally one of the worst people.

flgatorsandjags
06-20-2013, 01:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO0fbfvYA24

LOL, Chael says if he saw Ray Lewis he would smack him too at 1:55!! Haha

ThaDubs
06-20-2013, 01:57 AM

I think LeBron would lose but hold his own. This guy is easily 270+ and he's 6'8''. He's one of the most extraordinary athletes in the history of sports. But I still think he'd lose. But if they played in basketball LeBron would win 100-0 no question.

Nick O
06-20-2013, 02:00 AM

Lewis would eat his soul

shep33
06-20-2013, 02:01 AM
For those saying that LBJ is pretty big and can handle his own, I'm gonna share a ridiculous Shep33 story.

My brother is a big guy, about 6'8 and 350... He's massive, incredibly strong and has been in his fair share of rumbles.

Now, he met up with a dude who trained in Brazil, I think it was in the style of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Anyways the guy wasn't even a high level fighter and he was a good 150 lbs lighter than my bro, and a lot shorter. My brother got in the ring with this dude just to mess around and see what this guy could do.

He told me that he didn't know what happened, but he was on the ground within seconds and the guy had him in this wrist lock ready to basically snap it.

Guys with that type of training are absolute freaks that you never want to mess with.

Now... LeBron would get destroyed is basically what I'm trying to say. However, if LeBron wasn't wearing his headband, that's a whole different conversation. His power ratings go up 15 points

Nick O
06-20-2013, 02:01 AM
I think LeBron would lose but hold his own. This guy is easily 270+ and he's 6'8''. He's one of the most extraordinary athletes in the history of sports. But I still think he'd lose. But if they played in basketball LeBron would win 100-0 no question.

im on your side here aha but the bolded part... aha i mean its basketball.. are they playing winners ball? lol cause i could knock in a lucky jumper at some point :p

flgatorsandjags
06-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Lewis would eat his soul

Ray Lewis on the left, Chael Sonnen on the right

:punish:

Hugbees
06-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Lebron won't be able to defend a double, this won't be close guys, he isn't a trained fighter.

Heater4life
06-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Lebron would get rocked.

Its a pro versus an amateur no matter what the difference in stature or weight.

flgatorsandjags
06-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Lewis or James could maybe stand with Cheael but, Chael would take them right down and it would be over pretty quick.

shep33
06-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Lebron would get rocked.

Its a pro versus an amateur no matter what the difference in stature or weight.

This X1000. Flip the script and no pro-fighter would come close to scoring on LBJ

NoahH
06-20-2013, 02:14 AM
LeBron isn't a fighter so idk if he lasts long. Sonnen is a ***** yes, but he's a finely tuned ultimate fighter so i think he knocks out LeBron pretty quick.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Lebron's got like 8 inches on him and like 45 pounds on him. Won't say he would win, but I think Lebron could hold his own considering the advantages of weight, height and even strength on him.

Guy sounds a bit bitter

Chael's made a name for himself in the UFC by being a renowned **** talker (and great fighter who almost demolished Anderson Silva), and those comments were pretty lame. Honestly he's just looking for press. In the broadcast I saw he said he'd smack Ray Lewis and Lebron in the face "on principle if he ever saw them. They're a couple of nerds".

And Sonnen is a top UFC fighter at LH, he'd absolutely smash both of them. The weight difference means jack. But still pretty lame and a beg for attention. ...Which, clearly, worked.

Lewis or James could maybe stand with Cheael but, Chael would take them right down and it would be over pretty quick.
No, not even standing. Even if Lebron had a boxing background as a kid.

Goose17
06-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Size doesn't matter if your not a trained fighter.

Like Lebron couldn't accept it, set a date for 9 months from now and then pay for training at Black House, AKA or Tristar etc

ThaDubs
06-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Watch this piece of **** get his *** whooped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNCFHL12NRc

Starting at about 6 minutes the real *** whooping starts.

Heater4life
06-20-2013, 02:23 AM
This X1000. Flip the script and no pro-fighter would come close to scoring on LBJ

Absolutely. I would give Sonnen props for hitting rim once.

BranWingss
06-20-2013, 02:25 AM

Guy sounds a bit bitter

LeBron would not hold his own at all at against one of the better MW fighters of all-time. Come on, I would go as far as sayng Chael Sonnen is stronger. He's a big ****ing dude. 235 LBS.

No Lebron would not hold his own, he would get rocked but Chael is a punk troll and will always be one.

Oh come on, Chael is a character, and a damn good one. He really is brilliant. Nobody wanted to see him against Anderson until he developed this character. It's an act, but he is so ****ing good at it.

i barely know anything about UFC .. but i do know Sonnen is a ****

Chael Sonnen is a tough ****ing guy, and I really respect him outside of the octagon, money laundrying or not.

LeBron would not hold his own. You don't know who would win? Chael Sonnen is an MMA veteran of 10 years, and one of the best MWs of all-time. He's put on more muscle, and fights at 205 LBS.

He'd probably lose but I don't think he'd get whomped.

Nope, he would get whooped.

Funny thing about Chael Sonnen, if you guys aren't familiar. Dude is up and down an absolute *** and gets press and publicity because of it. Has made disparaging remarks against the Portuguese language (called it a step up from "pig latin"), said that Wanderlei Silva (Brazilian) is "thrashing around the jungle w/a blowgun trying' [sic] to catch breakfast" and "sellin' barbecued monkey on the street in Manaus," and said to Anderson Silva's manager that they're a "piglet tribe of savages."

Also was convicted of money laundering, a life-time of steroid abuse, etc. Dude is literally one of the worst people.

If you aren't familiar with Chael Sonnen you'd know this is an act. He had the money laundering problem, and failed a drug test, but from what everyone has said, fans, fighters and so on, Chael Sonnen is a great dude.

Chael Sonnen would smack around Ray Lewis.

Chael Sonnen is I think 6'1" and about 240 lbs of muscle. He is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time in this sport. He is taking down guys that train for years to stop takedowns, at will. Over and over again, he'll take you down, and beat you up.

Lewis would eat his soul

Haha.

For those saying that LBJ is pretty big and can handle his own, I'm gonna share a ridiculous Shep33 story.

My brother is a big guy, about 6'8 and 350... He's massive, incredibly strong and has been in his fair share of rumbles.

Now, he met up with a dude who trained in Brazil, I think it was in the style of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Anyways the guy wasn't even a high level fighter and he was a good 150 lbs lighter than my bro, and a lot shorter. My brother got in the ring with this dude just to mess around and see what this guy could do.

He told me that he didn't know what happened, but he was on the ground within seconds and the guy had him in this wrist lock ready to basically snap it.

Guys with that type of training are absolute freaks that you never want to mess with.

Now... LeBron would get destroyed is basically what I'm trying to say. However, if LeBron wasn't wearing his headband, that's a whole different conversation. His power ratings go up 15 points

Thank you. We're not talking about a professinal athelete that trains around 4-6 hours a day, six days a week. We're talking about a fantastic wrestler, an elite wrestler. Chael is smaller, but he's a big ****ing dude as well, and is very, very strong. Once Chael shoots, LeBron is going to the ground, and there is NOTHING he can do when he is getting beat up.

With that said, I'll explain Chael Sonnen. Chael Sonnen, this Chael Sonnen is an act. He was a fantastic MMA MW, and went on a terrific streak in 2009-2010 and got a chance to take on the best MMA fighter of all-time. Chael beat up Anderson Silva (He's worth a Youtube)for 22 minutes before losing. He has since got two more title shots, lost them both,but to two of the best fighters of all-time. Nobody did what he did against Anderson Silva, although he lost. He is a tough guy.

Anyways, this Chael Sonnen is an act, What he says, is ********, and he knows it. He never did this before, but now, a lot of people know who he is. He's called out the country of Brazil, walked off some TV shows, and calls out whomever to stir news. He is fantastic at it. Don't take too much of what this character says seriously. Behind the scenes, he's a great dude.

I don't care if LeBron is bigger. He'd get hurt. He'd be taking on another professional athlete at his sport. Might as well put him on skates and tell him to play Sidney Crosby. Same with Chael Sonnen playing basketball. Chael could do whatever he wants to LeBron in a fight. It's true. LBJ could do whatever he wants on he court tto Chael. Chael dominates pro MMA athletes, he'd have no problem doing it to LeBron James. He'd likely stronger, which I've said. I'm not eve a Chael Sonnen fan.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Watch this piece of **** get his *** whooped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNCFHL12NRc

Starting at about 6 minutes the real *** whooping starts.

... Against the top fighter in the world right now. He did take the p4p champion (Silva) to the full 5 rounds and beat him up for 95% of it. Sonnen's a beast, there is absolutely no denying that.

Aust
06-20-2013, 02:27 AM
Funny trash talking :p

Lebron doesn't need this crap with Game 7 approaching.

ThaDubs
06-20-2013, 02:28 AM
... Against the top fighter in the world right now. He did take the p4p champion (Silva) to the full 5 rounds and beat him up for 95% of it. Sonnen's a beast, there is absolutely no denying that.

I know but he's an asshat. I'm just glad to see him get his butt handed to him, no matter who does it.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 02:33 AM
I know but he's an asshat. I'm just glad to see him get his butt handed to him, no matter who does it.

That's true. But to be fair it's just a persona. He's essentially a real life WWF fighter.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Where did this come from? Sonnen keeps getting his *** kicked so he needs new publicity, I guess.
It's obvious that he would beat LBJ in a fight due to his training, but he's coming off as a moron here.

raiderposting
06-20-2013, 02:59 AM

Guy sounds a bit bitter

Lebron would get his *** kicked

RiceOnTheRun
06-20-2013, 03:33 AM
I think LeBron's a dork. He won one world championship, and that was in the Olympic Games. It's so aggravating to hear a title be called a 'world champion' when it's only done in America. It's not a global event where the whole world can participate. You didn't win a world title. You won a national title.

***** please. The NBA title is worth far more than the Olympic gold. It's far more competitive and means far more than any gold medal could. Not to say it isn't an accomplishment, but the level of basketball play within the NBA and outside of it is so different that the NBA championship exceeds the level of competition in the olympics. Not to put down any foreign teams but, like American football, this sport is simply more popular in the US and therefore has the highest level of competition for it within the US.

Korman12
06-20-2013, 03:43 AM
If you aren't familiar with Chael Sonnen you'd know this is an act. He had the money laundering problem, and failed a drug test, but from what everyone has said, fans, fighters and so on, Chael Sonnen is a great dude.

No man, that logic is awful and I hate, HATE, how its constantly being supported that way.

I understand he's using a ploy, but the fact that it's an an act DOESN'T MEAN IT'S F***ING OKAY TO SAY.

"Oh, he's just using his fighting persona." That's logic an a**hole uses to excuse the fact that he's saying racist, derogatory, xenophobic *******. So, it's a character - IT'S HIS CHARACTER. THAT DOESN'T EXCUSE SAYING HORRIBLE THINGS TO PEOPLE.

A man, a human adult, made a calculated effort to build a "persona" with a schtick that's "I hate foreign people!" That's what a monster does. That's what a terrible person does. Sonnen is not a great dude. Not even a faint hint of one.

RLundi
06-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Wow, he's just being mean. Where's the logic in that? This guy sounds like an immature tool.

Hugbees
06-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Like Lebron couldn't accept it, set a date for 9 months from now and then pay for training at Black House, AKA or Tristar etc

9 months doesn't compare to a lifetime of vigorous wrestling training (the hardest kind mind you) that Chael has experienced.

Badluck33
06-20-2013, 10:08 AM
i could see a Ric Flair flop by LeBron James if he fought Chael Sonnen.

GrumpyOldMan
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM
So BR actually pays a guy who thinks a good question to ask Sonnen is whether he could beat Lebron in a match? Is he next going to ask Miguel Cabrera if he can beat Michelle Kwan in a homerun contest?

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Guy sounds a bit bitter

A professional basketball player that has to be carried off the court for minor cramps is going to beat Chael P. Sonnen....I'll take that bet. LBJ doesn't have any advantages in this fight b/c he's gonna be on his back eating punches and elbows.

tnewkirk
06-20-2013, 10:15 AM
this is how sonnen gets his name out.

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
For anyone on this form who thinks an athlete with no mma training is going to beat Chael Sonnen I strongly urge you to watch UFC 1 The Beginning b/c obviously you haven't yet at this point in your life. I even suggest watching Choke (a Rickson Gracie Documentary). This argument has been going on for a couple of decades and every single conclusion has been the same...if you have no formal mma training, you are not going to beat an mma fighter in a fight. How well did professional boxer and former World Champion James Toney do against Randy Couture?? Watch UFC 1 and Choke below (they are both excellent);

http://vimeo.com/45287348 (UFC 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvzJO-6ESc

DirkDiggler6
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Jet lee would woop that douche

RowBTrice
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I love Chael. He's the man.

pacofunk64
06-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Chael is a clown.

Ebbs
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM

If it is that's awful.

I'd love to see this lol. Chael is the best thing that has ever happened to UFC

BALLER R
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM

9 months isn't enough to fight a guy that's been training for years.

Also didn't Anderson Silva beat Chael Sonnen. Look at the size of him. Size only benefits you if your experienced. Silva is probably one of the skinniest guys in the UFC.

Max.This
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
If all of what lebron did was true, then he's a serious d bag. I dont like the guy but if all that nonsense coming out of chael is true then i would love for chael to whoop him

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I think Lebron would **** him up.

Some nobody running his mouth, looking for attention. Lebron should have him killed.

Max.This
06-20-2013, 12:22 PM

Also didn't Anderson Silva beat Chael Sonnen. Look at the size of him. Size only benefits you if your experienced. Silva is probably one of the skinniest guys in the UFC.

Anderson silva is on another platform in terms of skill but if anyone took a glimpse at bully beatdown an mtv show, it was about a ufc fighter mayhem miller that is mainly a grappler but looks like all american vs amateurs. Point is, Lebron is a big guy, but Chael would just take him down and beat on him cause of technique.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
and for the love of god, banish MMA fighting. It's the stupidest thing in the world. People wonder why this country is so ****ed up right now.

Max.This
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Some nobody running his mouth, looking for attention. Lebron should have him killed.

Did you even read why Chael is running his mouth in the first place. If all what he says holds true, hes 1. defending his wife, 2. standing up for a kid/ mother in a wheelchair,. You would condone Lebron's behavior. Its one thing to be a fan of a player, its another to disregard your morals.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Dude Lebron is a first class citizen, a role model, and a father.

He wouldn't do that crap. But even if he did, he has a right to not want to sign autographs for every person who walks up to him.

He's like the most popular person in the world right now.

IndyRealist
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
The Lebron fanboys are out in force. He'd hold his own? Really? Chael would have him on the ground in less than 60 seconds, and break something by 90 secs. Height and weight do not matter when it's a guy who's likely never been in a real fight in his life, versus a guy who fights at the highest levels for a living. Sonnen may be a complete tool and hype machine, but he's also a top 20 fighter in the world.

If you had a lick of sense in you, at all, you'd mortgage your house and bet all of it on Chael Sonnen to finish in the first round.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
All I could hear was "i'm a hillbilly"

Max.This
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Dude Lebron is a first class citizen, a role model, and a father.

He wouldn't do that crap. But even if he did, he has a right to not want to sign autographs for every person who walks up to him.

He's like the most popular person in the world right now.

Your kidding me right. so if your child was the one in the wheelchair going up to him, and he did that to your child you'd be okay with that? Also if he said that crap to your wife you'd be okay with that? I dont know if its true, but to say that its absolutely untrue and that Lebron is a first class citizen is a stretch. You don't know the guy at all beyond basketball interviews.

IndyRealist
06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
and for the love of god, banish MMA fighting. It's the stupidest thing in the world. People wonder why this country is so ****ed up right now.

MMA is practiced around the world. Martial arts have been around for thousands of years. What does that have to do with the US?

JC_
06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Of course this comes out big in the media right before Game 7. They should get in the ring and have someone throw Lebron a samurai sword.

UPRock
06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Sonnen is a piece of ****, I still don't know how the **** he keeps getting title opportunities without earning them. He hasn't won **** in the UFC.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
MMA is practiced around the world. Martial arts have been around for thousands of years. What does that have to do with the US?

Replace "this country" with "this world" then. Fighting is anti-social behavior. I don't know who's worse, the people who participate, or the people who waste money to watch it.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Your kidding me right. so if your child was the one in the wheelchair going up to him, and he did that to your child you'd be okay with that? Also if he said that crap to your wife you'd be okay with that? I dont know if its true, but to say that its absolutely untrue and that Lebron is a first class citizen is a stretch. You don't know the guy at all beyond basketball interviews.

I'm a good judge of character, call me crazy, but I'm less likely to take some savage's word over the most popular person in the world's.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I think the government should dispose of everyone who has owned a 'tap-out' shirt at one point or another in their lives.

Max.This
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm a good judge of character, call me crazy, but I'm less likely to take some savage's word over the most popular person in the world's.

Sir, Michael jackson was one of the most popular people in the world, would you leave your child with him?

tredigs
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM

I don't know what's more pathetic, that you consider mixed martial arts "savage" or that you think Lebron is the most popular person in the world.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM

I don't know what's more pathetic, that you consider mixed martial arts "savage" or that you think Lebron is the most popular person in the world.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
who is more popular than Lebron James?

fighting is for savages, I fail to see how you could debate that point. They're not doing karate, they're beating the living hell out of one another.

And no, I suppose you're right with the M. Jackson point, Max. Regardless, I trust the word of Lebron over someone who has been hit upside the head repeatedly for numerous years.

natelpete
06-20-2013, 12:47 PM
If you don't know who Chael Sonnen is, the only thing you need to know about him is that he lies a lot.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:48 PM
and there we have it. Some punk nobody trying to get big off of someone else being in the spotlight.

IndyRealist
06-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Replace "this country" with "this world" then. Fighting is anti-social behavior. I don't know who's worse, the people who participate, or the people who waste money to watch it.

You're talking about something you have no understanding of. Walk into any dojo, anywhere, and take a beginner's class for a week. Then tell me it's anti-social. Martial arts is how the civilized protect themselves from the uncivilized.

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I mean, I went 285 x 10 on the bench earlier today, it's not as if I don't understand there's some serious training behind the 'sport'.

Fighting is stupid as ****. If you can't talk your way out of a fight, then, and only then should you feel it necessary to harm another human being.

IndyRealist
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM

fighting is for savages, I fail to see how you could debate that point. They're not doing karate, they're beating the living hell out of one another.

And no, I suppose you're right with the M. Jackson point, Max. Regardless, I trust the word of Lebron over someone who has been hit upside the head repeatedly for numerous years.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. It's like someone who's never seen a football game in his life trying to understand what's going on in the Super Bowl.

You're also confusing the moron fanboys with the fighters. Most UFC fans also have no idea what they're watching. You get the same ignorance with boxing. Heck, you get the same stupid fanboys watching BASKETBALL. It's a sport, and all sports have a large measure of drunk idiots.

c.c.
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Clippersfan86;26477513]

CS: "Hed run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West."

Lol

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
You make a lot of sense, and I don't really want to fight with you because you seem like a pretty respectable dude. But...

I will never consider fighting a sport. It became famous with gladiators, during a time period in which it was documented that human's brain capacity was about 50% of what it is now.

STAT1
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
There's a 7 foot UFC fighter. He loses all the time.

IndyRealist
06-20-2013, 01:05 PM
You make a lot of sense, and I don't really want to fight with you because you seem like a pretty respectable dude. But...

I will never consider fighting a sport. It became famous with gladiators, during a time period in which it was documented that human's brain capacity was about 50% of what it is now.

I work in Neurology. What is brain capacity?

1) Gladiators were trained fighters who slaughtered poorly equipped slaves. That has nothing to with competition fighting. Competition fighting developed as a nonlethal way to practice the art in and pass down skills and traditions in an era where hand-to-hand combat was not a daily possibility.
2) Martial arts in general developed in the B.C. era in India, China, and Japan more or less at the same time. Peasants looked for ways to defend themselves against armed bandits, as weapons were banned by the government to prevent rebellions.

D-Leethal
06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Chael is probably the best wrestler in MMA. He would toss LeBron around like a rag doll. No one without any training could beat up a trained fighter. 155 lbers would beat up LeBron (or any NBA player, for that matter).

tredigs
06-20-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm not quite sure if you fully understand just how technical and the amount of training in a multitude of disciplines that goes into being an elite fighter. I am 100% positive you have never spent 30 minutes rolling jui jitsu or any other discipline, or your stance would immediately flip into revere for the level of dedication necessary to perform at the level they do. The stamina aspect alone is absurd.

Who is more popular than Lebron? Is this a joke? The list is over a 100 people long, unless you want to change your stance to JUST athletes? In that aspect it's probably around 10-15 people worldwide. Hell, guys like Ali and Jordan will forever be more popular even in their sports absence, and Olympic heroes like Phelps and Bolt are more known by the world at large. Tiger Woods, also far more popular. Kobe likely is too given his massive Chinese appeal. Bron is likely around the range of Armstrong, Shaq, Yao, Ichiro, Federer, etc.

All of these guys obviously pale to many Presidents and leaders past and present. For you to honestly think otherwise is, like I said, pathetic man. You're insinuating you think he's more popular than Putin, Obama, Clinton, the Bushes, Queen Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela, etc etc. Get your head out of the sand.

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Lebron would kick sonnens *** ... Sonnen sucks

MonroeFAN
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I work in Neurology. What is brain capacity?

1) Gladiators were trained fighters who slaughtered poorly equipped slaves. That has nothing to with competition fighting. Competition fighting developed as a nonlethal way to practice the art in and pass down skills and traditions in an era where hand-to-hand combat was not a daily possibility.
2) Martial arts in general developed in the B.C. era in India, China, and Japan more or less at the same time. Peasants looked for ways to defend themselves against armed bandits, as weapons were banned by the government to prevent rebellions.

is brain capacity not a proper term?

Minimal
06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Put LeBron and Fedor Emelianenko in one gym for a couple of months, and he'll make Sonnen his *****.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Put LeBron and Fedor Emelianenko in one gym for a couple of months, and he'll make Sonnen his *****.

... is synonymous with saying, "put Lebron in a gym with Tom Watson for a couple months and he will make Tiger Woods his *****".

Comments like these help me understand why people think these guys are "just fighting". The fight(s) you have all been in in your life bear no resemblance to MMA. It's like comparing a game of horse among 10 yr olds to the NBA.

NYKnickFanatic
06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
To everyone saying LeBron could hold his own...Come the **** on :laugh2:

LeBron is not a fighter, he didn't train his whole life to fight. I don't care how big you are, if you can't fight and you are fighting someone who knows how, size doesn't matter...

Wake the **** up.

NYKnickFanatic
06-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Yeah, train someone for a couple of months to fight against someone who has been training his whole life...

I'm sure he'd be his *****.

JC_
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM

He knows what you meant. The thing about UFC is, it turns fighting into a big spectacle and when you have guys like Chael who act like total *******s it demeans MMA.

Kid Fabulous
06-20-2013, 01:52 PM
This is why UFC fighters are idiots. They always want to fight someone who isn't even in their sport. The majority of them are just your average douche you'd find at a bar. Sonnen is a jabroni who is only popular because he writes stuff down and spouts it out in planned out interviews. This Guy just needs to go away.

Minimal
06-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, train someone for a couple of months to fight against someone who has been training his whole life...

Ok I exaggerated a bit. But LeBron is a freak of nature as an athlete and much bigger than Sonnen. Two things he doesn't have is knowledge and experience. If you put him in the gym the GOAT of MMA, he'll definetely gonna get that knowledge and some experience fighting him. There were a lot of athletes who went from their sport to MMA in a short time and performed quite well. Ex: Mariusz Pudzianowski

koreancabbage
06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Ok I exaggerated a bit. But LeBron is a freak of nature as an athlete and much bigger than Sonnen. Two things he doesn't have is knowledge and experience. If you put him in the gym the GOAT of MMA, he'll definetely gonna get that knowledge and some experience fighting him.

just no. GOAT in MMA will be a 10 second KO. 9 of those seconds will be Lebron running away.

TheSportMessiah
06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
lmao at people saying Lebron could hold his own against a trained UFC fighter. Sonnen is a great fighter and could literally kill Lebron if he wanted...

STAT1
06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Ok I exaggerated a bit. But LeBron is a freak of nature as an athlete and much bigger than Sonnen. Two things he doesn't have is knowledge and experience. If you put him in the gym the GOAT of MMA, he'll definetely gonna get that knowledge and some experience fighting him. There were a lot of athletes who went from their sport to MMA in a short time and performed quite well. Ex: Mariusz Pudzianowski

I see you write the GOAT of MMA and the only other fighter name I've seen thrown around here is Fedor. I hope you're not saying he is.

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 02:12 PM
lmao at people saying Lebron could hold his own against a trained UFC fighter. Sonnen is a great fighter and could literally kill Lebron if he wanted...

sonnen sucks.. he knows how to sell a fight and create feeds for publicity .. In the ring he gets owned. which is why he retired after his last few embarrassing fights.

ramsizzle
06-20-2013, 02:17 PM
sonnen sucks.. he knows how to sell a fight and create feeds for publicity .. In the ring he gets owned. which is why he retired after his last few embarrassing fights.

He lost to the two BEST fighters in the world. One might be the best combat sport athlete EVER in Anderson silva. Lebron got punked by Nazr Muhammed. (this is when heat fans say he was embellishing, though when it happened tey were saying lebron was pushed very hard n wasn't looking.)
Sonnen could kill him, no question about it.

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 02:19 PM

im sure if lebron trained to fight him he could hold his own.... it's not hard to learn how to fight. half of it is conditioning, the other half is simply practice. plus a lot of it is is instinctual... In boxing foot work is key , lebron can easily display amazing foot work and can be trained to strike.

We're not talking a out a normal dude.. Your talking about a guy who is a freak of nature, who is also very explosive. give lebron some jujitsu training and he can take anyone down.

TheSportMessiah
06-20-2013, 02:21 PM

sonnen sucks.. he knows how to sell a fight and create feeds for publicity .. In the ring he gets owned. which is why he retired after his last few embarrassing fights. Sonnen is 36...that is super old for a UFC fighter...his last fights were against Jon Jones and Anderson Silva...probably the best all around fighters in the UFC...Sonnen out faught Silva in their previous fight...i had never seen any one out fight him until then...

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 02:21 PM
He lost to the two BEST fighters in the world. One might be the best combat sport athlete EVER in Anderson silva. Lebron got punked by Nazr Muhammed. (this is when heat fans say he was embellishing, though when it happened tey were saying lebron was pushed very hard n wasn't looking.)
Sonnen could kill him, no question about it.

a fight is a fight is a fight... Those guys didn't become the best by losing and saying they lost to the best. If you saw how sonnen promotes his fights you would expect him to dominate. He talks a big game. which I'm sure you know already if you watched his fights and promotions.

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Sonnen is 36...that is super old for a UFC fighter...his last fights were against Jon Jones and Anderson Silva...probably the best all around fighters in the UFC...Sonnen out faught Silva in their previous fight...i had never seen any one out fight him until then...

Anderson silva is 38 ... There goes that argument.

smith&wesson
06-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I'll just put it like this ...

Lebron has a better chance at holding his own in sonnens sport, than sonnen has at holding his own in lebrons sport.

SMH!
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Okay I agree that is really dumb for Sonnen to say this but its Chael saying this so what do you expect. But it is even more dumb that some of you guys think Lebron would hold his own in the ring with a professional MMA fighter who basically beat the BEST MMA fighter in the world if it wasnt for that last minute submission. Sonnen would KILL Lebron.

pacman16
06-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Just because lebrons big and a freak in Ball, doesn't mean he can hold his own in a UFC cage Lol lets get real, lebron would get KO'd within seconds, minutes if lucky.
Sonnen sounds a bit bitter and trying to hard to get noticed right now

ramsizzle
06-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Just because lebrons big and a freak in Ball, doesn't mean he can hold his own in a UFC cage Lol lets get real, lebron would get KO'd within seconds, minutes if lucky.
Sonnen sounds a bit bitter and trying to hard to get noticed right now

He's probably prepping for a new career in the wwe. Lord knows he knows how to use a mic haha.

LAcowBOMBER
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
im sure if lebron trained to fight him he could hold his own.... it's not hard to learn how to fight. half of it is conditioning, the other half is simply practice. plus a lot of it is is instinctual... In boxing foot work is key , lebron can easily display amazing foot work and can be trained to strike.

We're not talking a out a normal dude.. Your talking about a guy who is a freak of nature, who is also very explosive. give lebron some jujitsu training and he can take anyone down.

That's just a very incorrect statement. I don't even know where to start. Sonnen is an elite fighter. His recent losses have been to the 2 best fighter very possibly ever once it is all said and done. He would destroy Lebron. He is an Olympic class wrestler and a top of the line MMA fighter. That fight would end when Chael wants it to end

The fact that you think if Lebron got some jiu jitsu training he would all of a sudden be able to fight anyone is ridiculous. These guys train their entire lives sometimes. Sonnen would wreck him and I don't even want to think about what someone like Jon Jones or Overeem would do to him

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 02:47 PM

I believe your looking for the word ignorant. As in, I'm completely ignorant when I speak about mma or "fighting", which I know nothing about.

Pete Dahh Sneak
06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
:laugh: The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing. You people need to understand that Sonnen has a WWE character that he likes to use and does it just for the reactions shown in this thread. Lebron would get taken down within 20 seconds and get pummeled. He could train for the next 2 years and it'd still end in the 1st. Please stop hurting your heads people.

broncofangene
06-20-2013, 02:55 PM

Why because you don't like it? Who the hell are you to decide what's good for this country.

By the way lebron would be screaming for his mamma in under 30 seconds

NYKnickFanatic
06-20-2013, 02:55 PM

I don't know. Training someone for two months, compared to someone who has probably been training their entire life, I don't think he would be able to hold his own. Maybe if he was training 2-3+ years, I would say differently.

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll just put it like this ...

Lebron has a better chance at holding his own in sonnens sport, than sonnen has at holding his own in lebrons sport.

All you have to do in basketball is be able to run at a moderate speed, and put a basketball through a huge net. Its probably the easiest sport in the world to play. If you can run and dribble a ball, you can play basketball. Look at LBJ, a great player who can't even shot the ball that well. All LBJ has to do to be good is run and dunk, that's it, doesn't even matter if he can shoot well or not.
LBJ would take a dive from a phantom punch if he ever got into a "fight". Demetrious Johnson would own LBJ, easily.

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 02:59 PM
:laugh: The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing. You people need to understand that Sonnen has a WWE character that he likes to use and does it just for the reactions shown in this thread. Lebron would get taken down within 20 seconds and get pummeled. He could train for the next 2 years and it'd still end in the 1st. Please stop hurting your heads people.

:clap:

BranWingss
06-20-2013, 03:02 PM

Anderson is not one of the skinnist guys in the UFC.

Give it a rest. LeBron's a freak athlete. I agree. This is the same as him playing professional hockey/

Banish MMA? Come on.

Sonnen is a piece of ****, I still don't know how the **** he keeps getting title opportunities without earning them. He hasn't won **** in the UFC.

Ding ding ding! Wrong. He earned his first two, and should have been the final WEC champion. He is a top four MW of allt-ime.

Can I say you waste your money on the NBA because I don't watch too much of it?

A lot of pro MMA fighters, more so in the UFC, are very, very smart people. Many of them went to College/University, wrestled there, and made the transition over to MMA. There's a reason why many of the best wrestlers of all-time are trying to do MMA. I suggest you go and watch a technical fight, and learn something about the sport before spitting off this non-sense.

There's a 7 foot UFC fighter. He loses all the time.

He doesn't.

Not true.

This is why UFC fighters are idiots. They always want to fight someone who isn't even in their sport. The majority of them are just your average douche you'd find at a bar. Sonnen is a jabroni who is only popular because he writes stuff down and spouts it out in planned out interviews. This Guy just needs to go away.

A lot are very smart.

First off, Anderson Silva is the GOAT, and Chael did a number on him. Secondly, Mariusz Pudzianowski sucks. Go watch Mirko Cro Cop against Bob Sapp, who is a freak of nature, or a Mariusz fight, that isn't a joke in Poland.

UPRock
06-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Ding ding ding! Wrong. He earned his first two, and should have been the final WEC champion. He is a top four MW of allt-ime.

What? He sucks dude, he's just getting title shots because he likes to talk **** and Dana has a crush on him. He's not a top 4 Middleweight of all time, no way in hell. He remembers me of Ronda Rousey, except Ronda can back up all the talk and WIN FIGHTS!

D-Leethal
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
What? He sucks dude, he's just getting title shots because he likes to talk **** and Dana has a crush on him. He's not a top 4 Middleweight of all time, no way in hell. He remembers me of Ronda Rousey, except Ronda can back up all the talk and WIN FIGHTS!

Sonnen earned his way to fight Silva, than beat the living crap out of him for 4.5 rounds straight before getting choked out with minutes to go in the fight, he then beat the two top middleweight contenders to earn himself a rematch.

He talked himself into the Bones fight, thats for sure. But he earned the first two Silva fights and he has beaten all the cream of the crop in that division outside of the GOAT.

richiesaurus310
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
This is simple, if Chael score a single bucket against LeBron in a game of 21 then LeBron should agree to fight him. But if he can't, and he won't, then Chael should agree to donate his next fights earnings to charity. Put your money where your mouth is Chael!

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Sonnen earned his way to fight Silva, than beat the living crap out of him for 4.5 rounds straight before getting choked out with minutes to go in the fight, he then beat the two top middleweight contenders to earn himself a rematch.

He talked himself into the Bones fight, thats for sure. But he earned the first two Silva fights and he has beaten all the cream of the crop in that division outside of the GOAT.

Wasn't Silva injured the first fight? I believe he had some type of rib injury. And He still won!
The second fight against a healthy Silva wasn't even close.

To me it just looks like he just uses his power and weight to take down guys lighter than him. Look at what happened when he went against Jones. Complete domination. Also dont forget that he is jacked up on roids. It is known that he takes test booster or test replacements.

LAcowBOMBER
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
This is simple, if Chael score a single bucket against LeBron in a game of 21 then LeBron should agree to fight him. But if he can't, and he won't, then Chael should agree to donate his next fights earnings to charity. Put your money where your mouth is Chael!

Not sure how that's him putting his money where his mouth is when he never said he'd beat Lebron in basketball. Also if it's not winners ball, and he had 21 chances to put up a shot he could get a point in on him if he has any type of basketball shot.

Lebron on the other hand doesn't have any chance in a fight against Sonnen. He's Olympic class wrestler and world class fighter

carruthers32
06-20-2013, 03:39 PM
All you have to do in basketball is be able to run at a moderate speed, and put a basketball through a huge net. Its probably the easiest sport in the world to play. If you can run and dribble a ball, you can play basketball. Look at LBJ, a great player who can't even shot the ball that well. All LBJ has to do to be good is run and dunk, that's it, doesn't even matter if he can shoot well or not.
LBJ would take a dive from a phantom punch if he ever got into a "fight". Demetrious Johnson would own LBJ, easily.

So you obviously have NEVER played basketball

carruthers32
06-20-2013, 03:40 PM

He was also on PHD's.

LAcowBOMBER
06-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Wasn't Silva injured the first fight? I believe he had some type of rib injury. And He still won!
The second fight against a healthy Silva wasn't even close.

To me it just looks like he just uses his power and weight to take down guys lighter than him. Look at what happened when he went against Jones. Complete domination. Also dont forget that he is jacked up on roids. It is known that he takes test booster or test replacements.

1. He dominated the first fight

2. Fighting can't be talked about like other sports. "It wasn't close"? Sonnen won the first round. Second round he slipped, literally, and made a mistake that the best MMA fighter ever took advantage of

3. The have weight classes so it's not like people are much smaller than him

4. Jones is a weightclass up. Sonnen agreed to fight him on shot notice, but Jones wouldn't take it. So Some say Chael talked his way into the fight, but he earned it by being willing to take the fight on short notice, even though I don't blame Jones for not taking it. Then Chael lost to Jones, but many, my self included, see Jon Jones passing Anderson Silva as the best fighter ever. So again, Chael's not a bum for losing to possibly the 2 greatest fighters ever

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Not sure how that's him putting his money where his mouth is when he never said he'd beat Lebron in basketball. Also if it's not winners ball, and he had 21 chances to put up a shot he could get a point in on him if he has any type of basketball shot.

Lebron on the other hand doesn't have any chance in a fight against Sonnen. He's Olympic class wrestler and world class fighter

So different rules for Sonnen to play ball but Lebron has to abide by the MMA rules?

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
So you obviously have NEVER played basketball

I know its not true, just trying to make a point...

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
1. He dominated the first fight

2. Fighting can't be talked about like other sports. "It wasn't close"? Sonnen won the first round. Second round he slipped, literally, and made a mistake that the best MMA fighter ever took advantage of

3. The have weight classes so it's not like people are much smaller than him

4. Jones is a weightclass up. Sonnen agreed to fight him on shot notice, but Jones wouldn't take it. So Some say Chael talked his way into the fight, but he earned it by being willing to take the fight on short notice, even though I don't blame Jones for not taking it. Then Chael lost to Jones, but many, my self included, see Jon Jones passing Anderson Silva as the best fighter ever. So again, Chael's not a bum for losing to possibly the 2 greatest fighters ever

1. He Should have won the first fight, not just dominated because Silva's rib was injured

2. Sonnen took Silva down in the first round and he couldnt do *****. He threw everything he had at Silva and Silva defended everything. He was exhausted after the first round and Silva took over.

3. He was jacked up on roids 100% just look at his body when he fought silva.

4. I also see Jones passing Silva. Sonnen is not a bum but he's not as good as he claims he is and is known as a big time SHi*t talker.

The goods
06-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Just a guy trying to get attention.

dalton749
06-20-2013, 04:05 PM
lol at the people saying lebron wouldnt last 30 seconds, or would get killed
a 36 yo, out of his prime, chael at 6'1 probably fighting at around 210 because he used to be a middle weight, hes not 240 and droping weight lmao,
against lebron, 7 inches taller, more than a foot of reach, and 50 pounds of muscle as he has much less body fat
chael is about the size of kyle lowry to put that in perspective

the guy definitely has a little more than a chance

LAcowBOMBER
06-20-2013, 04:05 PM
So different rules for Sonnen to play ball but Lebron has to abide by the MMA rules?

I mean Sonnen could play in a real game and would probably get a basket too, there, same rules

LAcowBOMBER
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
1. He Should have won the first fight, not just dominated because Silva's rib was injured

2. Sonnen took Silva down in the first round and he couldnt do *****. He threw everything he had at Silva and Silva defended everything. He was exhausted after the first round and Silva took over.

3. He was jacked up on roids 100% just look at his body when he fought silva.

4. I also see Jones passing Silva. Sonnen is not a bum but he's not as good as he claims he is and is known as a big time SHi*t talker.

I'm not saying he was better than Silva at all, but it speaks to the point of how good he is that he took him to the limit

That second fight ended because of a stupid attempt at a spinning back fist. It had nothing to do with Silva "taking over". It seemed like Silva would have dominated if the fight continued, but who knows

He may very well have been on steroids

I know he isn't as great as he claims, he knows it too. The guy is a character to sell PPVs and he does it well.

The fact still remains, he would destroy Lebron. He'd have him on the ground in seconds and then it would be over. I think some people on here don't know Chael could have been in the Olympics for wrestling

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
I mean Sonnen could play in a real game and would probably get a basket too, there, same rules

I wouldnt expect Lebron to just a stand around either if he was in an MMA fight.

Miltstar
06-20-2013, 04:19 PM
All Chael is trying to do is draw attention to himself. His whole angle is to be a giant douchebag. If he wasn't so good at it he would just be another irrelevant mid-card fighter.

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm not saying he was better than Silva at all, but it speaks to the point of how good he is that he took him to the limit

That second fight ended because of a stupid attempt at a spinning back fist. It had nothing to do with Silva "taking over". It seemed like Silva would have dominated if the fight continued, but who knows

He may very well have been on steroids

I know he isn't as great as he claims, he knows it too. The guy is a character to sell PPVs and he does it well.

The fact still remains, he would destroy Lebron. He'd have him on the ground in seconds and then it would be over. I think some people on here don't know Chael could have been in the Olympics for wrestling

Did you see how Sonnen was punching Jones in their fight? he doesn't know how to punch. All he did was hammer fisting which did no damage. He's very good at taking down opponents because of his wrestling backround.

He should win against Lebron in an MMA fight because thats his job. Same thing with Lebron as he would destroy him in the basketball court.

Put them in a boxing match with lebron getting boxing training for a couple years. Now Lebron has the advantage because of his size and reach.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Well at least I got Monroe to quiet down.

In summation:

-Sonnen purposely creates controversy to stir up debate. He's the real version of a WWE wrestler.

-It worked.

-Sonnen would get destroyed by Lebron in any form of basketball. With or without months of training.

-Lebron would get destroyed by Sonnen in any form of fighting. With or without months of training.

-Game 7 begins in 4 hours. Lebron does not give a **** about this. Nor should we.

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Well at least I got Monroe to quiet down.

In summation:

-Sonnen purposely creates controversy to stir up debate. He's the real version of a WWE wrestler.

-It worked.

-Sonnen would get destroyed by Lebron in any form of basketball. With or without months of training.

-Lebron would get destroyed by Sonnen in any form of fighting. With or without months of training.

-Game 7 begins in 4 hours. Lebron does not give a **** about this. Nor should we.

Lets go!!!! I can't wait! It's gonna be a sick game!!! woo hooo!

Pete Dahh Sneak
06-20-2013, 04:27 PM
a 36 yo, out of his prime, chael at 6'1 probably fighting at around 210 because he used to be a middle weight, hes not 240 and droping weight lmao,
against lebron, 7 inches taller, more than a foot of reach, and 50 pounds of muscle as he has much less body fat

:laugh: I'm so happy I've never read any of your other 1k posts

Pete Dahh Sneak
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM

:laugh: I'm so happy I've never read any of your other 1k posts

NJrockPD
06-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Lebron would kill Chael in Basketball.
Chael would kill Lebron in MMA.

They are both professional athletes so they should be able to destroy one another in their respective sports.

Chael is know as a ******** artist and attention whore so I wonder if there is any truth to what he said or if he's just looking for ratings.

BranWingss
06-20-2013, 04:37 PM

I don't even know why I keep posting in here. I've never seen you in the MMA forum either, so I don't know how much you watch MMA/UFC.

Chael Sonnen put together a fantastic little streak with wins over two top five MWs in the world, Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt. Also had another win during this BTW. He was granted a title shot against Anderson Silva. Despite him being talented, not a lot of fans wanted to see this fight. He then put together this character, and fans wanted to see it. Not only that, but he backed it up. He went in there and beat up Anderson Silva like no other. Anderson's really only lost two rounds in his career before that fight, and honestly, after. He lost a round to Travis Lutter, and Dan Henderson. He technically did against Demain Maia and Thales Leites, but that was him showboating after dominating.

So after this fight, he then put together two more wins over two top ten MWs. He defeated notable Michael Bisping on Fox, and crushed Brian Stann. He got another fight with the GOAT, took a round, and lost. You can even make an argument for Sonnen in the second fight, was before getting TKO'd, when he shot for his takedown, Anderson grabbed the cage in order to stay up.

He then took a fight against possibly the second best fighter in the sport at the moment at LHW. He took it on 6 days notice, Jon Jones refused, and they fought in April. JJ won, obviously.

Chael Sonnen is a great MW, and probably a good, solid LHW. Likely not great. He is a top four MW of all-time with Anderson SIlva, Rich Franklin, and Yushin Okami (who he defeated). Okami and Franklin also bought fought Anderson, and both were crushed.

Seriously guys... check out the MMA forum.

Chucky Woods
06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Chael freaking Sonnen, usually can't back his talk, but always hilarious.

tredigs
06-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I don't even know why I keep posting in here. I've never seen you in the MMA forum either, so I don't know how much you watch MMA/UFC.

Chael Sonnen put together a fantastic little streak with wins over two top five MWs in the world, Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt. Also had another win during this BTW. He was granted a title shot against Anderson Silva. Despite him being talented, not a lot of fans wanted to see this fight. He then put together this character, and fans wanted to see it. Not only that, but he backed it up. He went in there and beat up Anderson Silva like no other. Anderson's really only lost two rounds in his career before that fight, and honestly, after. He lost a round to Travis Lutter, and Dan Henderson. He technically did against Demain Maia and Thales Leites, but that was him showboating after dominating.

So after this fight, he then put together two more wins over two top ten MWs. He defeated notable Michael Bisping on Fox, and crushed Brian Stann. He got another fight with the GOAT, took a round, and lost. You can even make an argument for Sonnen in the second fight, was before getting TKO'd, when he shot for his takedown, Anderson grabbed the cage in order to stay up.

He then took a fight against possibly the second best fighter in the sport at the moment at LHW. He took it on 6 days notice, Jon Jones refused, and they fought in April. JJ won, obviously.

Chael Sonnen is a great MW, and probably a good, solid LHW. Likely not great. He is a top four MW of all-time with Anderson SIlva, Rich Franklin, and Yushin Okami (who he defeated). Okami and Franklin also bought fought Anderson, and both were crushed.

Seriously guys... check out the MMA forum.

Did not even know they had one. I'll definitely check it out.

Lim
06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
lebron would lose but it would be a lot closer than most ppl think

C_Mund
06-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Lebron strikes me as the type that would be dancing around until he got caught. Nobody likes to get punched in the face but there are some that go through it and some that turtle....

Minimal
06-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Btw interesting thing, I don't know if Sport Science is a legitimate source, but according to them LeBron can punch harder than Mike Tyson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frEAiQWvOY&feature=player_detailpage#t=107s

tredigs
06-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Btw interesting thing, I don't know if Sport Science is a legitimate source, but according to them LeBron can punch harder than Mike Tyson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frEAiQWvOY&feature=player_detailpage#t=107s

Assuming he knew how to generate maximum force on a punch at a level that he knows how to throw down a basketball. Not likely, and ultimately of no importance considering he's not trained in any aspect of fighting that we know of.

Ultimately, if Sonnen wanted to risk nothing and still decimate him, he'd throw a couple quick jabs (if he was wasting time), shoot on Lebron, take his back, and put him in a guillotine/armbar/anaconda/whatever the **** he wanted and have LBJ asleep within 20 seconds of the fights start.

Bruins2012
06-20-2013, 06:56 PM

On The Church of What's Happening Now podcast with Joey Diaz from last week, Dolce stated that Sonnen was '240 pounds and ripped' right now. When asked if that was true on twitter, Dolce confirmed it:

Yes. "@stubeii: @thedolcediet Hey Mr. Dolce. Just listened to you on Joey's podcast, is Chael really walking round at 240 and ripped? Damn!"
Mike DOLCE (@TheDolceDiet) November 26, 2012

Chael was 218 in the cage against Anderson Silva at UFC 148 according to Dolce, and Dolce has stated before that Chael walks around at 233. So it's definitely not that crazy. It is nuts that he cuts that much weight to make 185 though, even though he does diet down to 205 the day before fights.

Pacerlive
06-20-2013, 07:49 PM

So you follow the logic that a bigger brain = a smarter person. That is how you are using the term and btw...

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/sep/25-modern-humans-smart-why-brain-shrinking

Human brains have been shrinking for the last 20,000 years so you sort of come off like a guy who doesn't know what you are talking about.

If I had to take a guess what you meant and this is being nice to you it would be that they used a lesser portion of their frontal lobe. I have no clue how you came up with that unless you are proposing that people underwent brain imaging over 2000 years ago. So are you suggesting that?

effen5
06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Frank Mir Vs Brock Lesnar....Size means nothing

Ill21
06-20-2013, 07:57 PM
This guy sounds butt hurt

rocketfuel
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
UFC Fighters are so insecure....that's the only thing they can hold over anyone....you're richer and smarter than me? Yeah? I can kick your a.... Who really cares. Lebron is rich many times over, lives a lifestyle that little UFC fighter can only dream of and will have opportunties the UFC fighter will never see. A lot of people can kick Lebron's a... doesn't make a difference. I can kick Bill Gates butt... I can beat George Clooney in an arm wrestling contest. I think I can beat Tiger Woods in a foot race. And beat Mike Tyson at checkers.

natepro
06-20-2013, 08:10 PM

Lyoto Machida would like to have a conversation with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVolfz1E654

natepro
06-20-2013, 08:17 PM
UFC Fighters are so insecure....that's the only thing they can hold over anyone....you're richer and smarter than me? Yeah? I can kick your a.... Who really cares. Lebron is rich many times over, lives a lifestyle that little UFC fighter can only dream of and will have opportunties the UFC fighter will never see. A lot of people can kick Lebron's a... doesn't make a difference. I can kick Bill Gates butt... I can beat George Clooney in an arm wrestling contest. I think I can beat Tiger Woods in a foot race. And beat Mike Tyson at checkers.

Assuming all UFC fighters are like Chael Sonnen is a mistake. You don't see Anderson Silva out there challenging everyone to a fight, or Demetrius Johnson running his mouth randomly like this.

Knockturnal
06-20-2013, 08:49 PM

This coming from the guy that said:

Do you know how hypocritical you sound? You want a sport to be banish because you think is for "savages" (your words) yet you wish a guy you never met to die?

Seems to me you're the one that's the savage...

I don't hear many MMA fighters challenging athletes from other sports all the time, and UFC fighters are idiots in the same way as NBA players are. Lets not pretend all NBA players are good role models...

Horrible example, you're talking about a guy who is 5-3-1 with 4 of those wins vs nobodies/cans and one win vs a fighter who is known for throwing fights (Sapp).

If it makes you feel better that he has more than a chance than have at it, but it doesn't change the fact that Lebron would get owned. This is coming from someone who doesn't like Sonnen.

By the way, I'm seeing a lot of post from people who seem to follow MMA, I just want to remind you, PSD has an MMA forum (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?123-Mixed-Martial-Arts), come join us, we could always use new posters.

nickdymez
06-20-2013, 10:02 PM
I guess everyone in this thread who says lebron will hold his own forgets that LeBron flops in basketball games. He'd get decimated. .

6cadi6
06-20-2013, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes:

Chrisclover
06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
now the final is over, plz fight

hidalgo
06-21-2013, 04:55 AM
UFC guys are the biggest douche bags in all sports easily(well besides Kobe). i refuse to watch any of that garbage. it killed boxing too, another huge reason to hate it. can't stand ufc . TRASH TRASH TRASH

LeBron should ignore these trash ufc douche bags, there's no reason to pick a fight with LeBron, & challenge him just to prove you can beat him up. scum bag shhht

Poem33
06-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Frank Mir Vs Brock Lesnar....Size means nothing

did you even watch that fight.. brock lesnar destroyed frank and rookie mistake, got caught. LeBron would get destroyed by chael sonnen because Sonnen knows what the hell he's doing out there. That's like asking sonnen to play lebron in basketball, it's pointless. Sonnen is really a nice dude, met him in one of his promotional events against silva. But, he's just angry that james was hanging out with silva when he got his *** kicked the second time around. that, and because he's also racist. Yes, sonnen is racist...

Sssmush
06-21-2013, 06:22 AM
A lot of people have said that Chael comes across as a racist, because he talks a lot of smack to black fighters only. I think it started out as a way to hype the Anderson Silva fight, but then it's just got way out of control. He pissed off the Brazilians, he pissed off so many people, and to me it sounds like he says a lot of ugly things that really cross the line and really comes across as racist.

It's a shame because sometimes he seems like a cool enough guy on the Ultimate Fighter, but then when he tries to talk smack to get publicity it's like he crosses the line and it comes across like ugly hate. Honestly, I think the guy may have some weird emotional problem, or some kind of spazz dislexia or something. LoL about fighting Lebron. Lebron is too alpha today so Chael has to try to put him down. What a laugh. Like Lebron would go fight Chael for $50k and wrestle around on the ground with him.

He's probably just jealous because the NBA just got it's **** together and stopped all the weird refereeing and they just put on the best show in sports we've seen in years. Meanwhile UFC is getting a bit boring because
Dana White hand picks every fight and unless your one of the top 3 fighters you make like $25k-$50k at the most.

Suck it Chael I think you really want to. Just like Hernandez probably just couldn't wait to commit a crime and
get inside so he could start giving some hot BJs

krisxsong
06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
k.. then they should play 1 on 1 ... what would beating up Lebron prove exactly?

Some people think if you can beat up another person that makes you a better, cooler, more successful person.

yanks19791024
06-21-2013, 09:11 AM
People please stop saying lebron would even come close to winning a mma fight, Lebron vs 99.9% of mma fighters would lose. Jose Aldo is the FW(145lbs) champ in the UFC and he would maul Bron bron. Same goes the other way Bron would win at B-ball

BklynKnicks3
06-21-2013, 09:54 AM
u mean another guy that does not like lebron i wonder why thought it was just me

Heatcheck
06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
of course its true, he wrote it didnt he?

Heatcheck
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I guess everyone in this thread who says lebron will hold his own forgets that LeBron flops in basketball games. He'd get decimated. .

while i agree he wouldnt win a mma fight, what does exaggerating contact in order to get a foul call have to do with fighting?

ChicagoJ
06-21-2013, 04:40 PM
The UFC fighters are highly skilled and trained at what they do. So no, lebron wouldn't hold his own. It's a joke anyway as a fight may permanently injure one of his knees, the most important part of a b ball players body. Sounds like this guy is just being a punk.

flgatorsandjags
06-21-2013, 06:01 PM
of course its true, he wrote it didnt he?

I believe Chael said that but was Sonnen telling the truth. I don't think there is any doubt that he said it.

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 05:46 PM
People please stop saying lebron would even come close to winning a mma fight, Lebron vs 99.9% of mma fighters would lose. Jose Aldo is the FW(145lbs) champ in the UFC and he would maul Bron bron. Same goes the other way Bron would win at B-ball

I would disagree, actually.

Lebron has a freakish amount of physical talent, and if he were to train for 12 months in BJJ and MMA Thai boxing and brawling technique with a couple top coaches, say if he were to pay Brazilian Top Team $500k to coach him and teach him for one year, there's a very good chance that he would separate Chael's head from his body.

Just like that wicked striker that got 2nd place in "The Ultimate Fighter" this year, Lebron would be a nasty, nasty threat on the feet.

And Chael's submissions are crap, he can't submit anybody, everybody knows that. If Lebron had even 6 months BJJ training there is no way that Chael could submit him. He could probably take him down but closing the distance Lebron might bust his face up pretty good.

Imagine Lebron as a 6'8" 290 lb Mirko Crocop, who is about twice as fast and quick as Chael and has unlimited gas in the tank.

Chael's a good showman/businessman but he is pretty mediocre MMA wise. He found a way to lose against Silva the first time because that is what losers do, and the second (massively hyped) fight he got smacked and folded like a tent.

Why are we even talking about this?

PS. The fact that Lebron can flop so well shows that he has body control and can handle hitting the ground, unlike some other tall guys. Also, look at how easily he tossed Nazir Mohammed.

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2013, 05:51 PM
lol at people who think Lebron would come close.

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 06:01 PM
lol at people who think Lebron would come close.

I have had a lot of martial arts training and I have rolled BJJ at a fairly high level.

I can ASSURE you that if Lebron were to get 12 months of private lessons from Brazilian Top Team black belts
he would be a very dangerous opponent for anybody, much less an aging and mediocre Chael Sonnen, who will probably be kissing the floor and snoring in like 3 minutes against Jon Jones, or frantically tapping as he gets pounded.

I'm telling you, Chael has good takedowns because he is a good wrestler, but he is not a finisher. His ground and pound is mediocre, he doesn't have good control on the ground and he has virtually no submissions at all.
Lebron could time Chael's takedown and elbow or punch him, also could clinch with him against the fence and dirty box. Jeez if Lebron got mounted on Chael it would be nasty. Lebron dropping elbows on somebody's face is not something that I would want to see.

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2013, 06:12 PM
I have had a lot of martial arts training and I have rolled BJJ at a fairly high level.

I can ASSURE you that if Lebron were to get 12 months of private lessons from Brazilian Top Team black belts
he would be a very dangerous opponent for anybody, much less an aging and mediocre Chael Sonnen, who will probably be kissing the floor and snoring in like 3 minutes against Jon Jones, or frantically tapping as he gets pounded.

I'm telling you, Chael has good takedowns because he is a good wrestler, but he is not a finisher. His ground and pound is mediocre, he doesn't have good control on the ground and he has virtually no submissions at all.
Lebron could time Chael's takedown and elbow or punch him, also could clinch with him against the fence and dirty box. Jeez if Lebron got mounted on Chael it would be nasty. Lebron dropping elbows on somebody's face is not something that I would want to see.
I know about Chael Sonnen, I'm a pretty hardcore MMA fan. The situation doesn't mention Lebron getting training. People are just assuming that he can hold his own against Chael Sonnen if they were to just go fight right now. That's ridiculous...

Even if Lebron got 12 months of BJJ training it probably wouldn't do that much. He's going up against a professional. Think about this...that's like saying give one of us 12 months of basketball training and we'd be able to beat an NBA all-star in a 1v1 game, or come close. If Lebron was a blackbelt in any sort of Martial Art, or was a high level boxer, then it'd be an argument

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Let's not forget that Lebron would also have about 60 lbs on Chael.

Line up a picture of 6'1" 220 lb Chael next to 6'8" 290 lb Lebron. Then imagine Lebron after he's had a solid
year of private BJJ and MMA lessons from Bustamante, Palhares, Nogueria, Sperry, and maybe some also Penn or Cobrinha or guys like that.

Lebron is very rich and very determined at anything he sets his mind to. He could do 2-3 private lessons every day with the best instructors in the world. After a year of that he would be badass.

I watch Chael fight and I've seen him make a ton of mistakes on the ground. His natural strength and balance and his wrestling experience carry him sometimes, but I can assure you that there are far more dangerous fighters for Lebron to face that Chael Sonnen. I could break down some video for you and show you some of the mistakes that Chael makes if I felt like it, his game is pretty two dimensional and he makes a lot of mistakes.

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 06:26 PM
I know about Chael Sonnen, I'm a pretty hardcore MMA fan. The situation doesn't mention Lebron getting training. People are just assuming that he can hold his own against Chael Sonnen if they were to just go fight right now. That's ridiculous...

Even if Lebron got 12 months of BJJ training it probably wouldn't do that much. He's going up against a professional. Think about this...that's like saying give one of us 12 months of basketball training and we'd be able to beat an NBA all-star in a 1v1 game, or come close. If Lebron was a blackbelt in any sort of Martial Art, or was a high level boxer, then it'd be an argument

BJJ is a very different thing. BJ Penn was rich and was able to pay the top instructors, and he got his black belt in BJJ very quickly.

Like we say in BJJ when a new student comes in, "start training, and in 6 months you could kick your own ***." Most of the time, I'd say it's more like 6 days, people improve so fast.

And even if we were going to schedule an MMA fight of Lebron vs Chael right away, Lebron would still have at least 6 months or a year to prepare, and he would.

If Chael is talking about a street fight, then hey, Lebron can win by hitting Chael with an aluminum bat, or having his bodyguards beat him, or whatever.

But if we are saying that it is an MMA fight, it is ridiculous to say that somebody as talented as Lebron James wouldn't have a chance. Also the guy is huge.

It's nothing like saying give one of us twelve months of basketball training... it's like saying give one of the best fighters in history (mayweather, Jones Jr, Ali) twelve months of basketball training and see how they do.

And let's not forget that basketball is a very specialized skill sport. Chael is basing what he says on his knowledge and experience in MMA, and I can assure you that if Lebron got top training that gap wouldn't be very wide. Chael is really not that good on the ground, and there are all kind of ways that Lebron could win.

Jeez, if they were clinching on the cage, Lebron is so strong he could throw him into the cage and drive him into a post. Silva manhandled him, and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Lebron. I'm sure that all decent MMA guys who are larger than Chael (including Lesnar for example) would just completely own Chael Sonnen. He isn't even a heavyweight.

IKnowHoops
06-22-2013, 06:27 PM
This guy is a d-bag. Gets obliterated in his last to fights and then goes to pick a fight with a basketball player. Chael your weak. Keep getting destroyed by guys within your own sport instead of trying to fight people who don't fight. I'll tell you what, a fight between Bron a Chael would be a lot closer than a b-ball game between the two of them. With training from a guy like Silva for a year, Bron would have a great chance to beat Chael. He's already bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic. All he needs is some skills to go along with his superior god given physique and Chael would probably end up getting pounded. Chael is just trying to get some press, because getting his world rocked back to back has got him acting pathetically desperate.

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 06:31 PM
This guy is a d-bag. Gets obliterated in his last to fights and then goes to pick a fight with a basketball player. Chael your weak. Keep getting destroyed by guys within your own sport instead of trying to fight people who don't fight. I'll tell you what, a fight between Bron a Chael would be a lot closer than a b-ball game between the two of them. With training from a guy like Silva for a year, Bron would have a great chance to beat Chael. He's already bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic. All he needs is some skills to go along with his superior god given physique and Chael would probably end up getting pounded. Chael is just trying to get some press, because getting his world rocked back to back has got him acting pathetically desperate.

Yep, exactly. And Lebron also has awesome unlimited cardio fitness, which is a huge factor in MMA. A guy of Lebron's size and strength with awesome cardio is a fearsome thing in MMA, and Chael should realize that.

BranWingss
06-22-2013, 06:52 PM
You say you can pick apart Chael's game yet I can pick apart all of your posts.. Interesting.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Lol at Lebron being 290. Such massive exaggeration. Dude is more like 260 tops.

Sssmush
06-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Lol at Lebron being 290. Such massive exaggeration. Dude is more like 260 tops.

Yeah. And Chael weighed in at 205 for the fight where Jon Jones just beat him up sooooooooo easily. Went right through him and beat him at his own game. If ref doesn't stop it to save him some face then it would've been even nastier.

LoL if there had been a second round to that fight. It looked like Jon Jones was fighting Charlie Sheen out there.

Sssmush
06-23-2013, 12:07 AM
You say you can pick apart Chael's game yet I can pick apart all of your posts.. Interesting.

yeah it's interesting.

But even someone who knows almost nothing about MMA must know that Chael has very limited finishing skills and almost no submissions whatsoever. And he isn't a devastating striker on his feet, either.

So that means if Lebron DID fight him in the Octagon (after getting a year or so of BJJ/MMA training) he'd be in almost no danger of a quick knockout or dangerous submission. Worst case Chael would just try to take him down and get position, would try to bang out a decision victory.

With some training... jeez. Lebron is 6'8" and 265. He could come in at 280 if he wanted, and they'd be fighting at Super Heavyweight. And Lebron is no fatty... he could probably go 10 rounds at full speed, full on. Lebron probably has twice as good of cardio as Randy Couture did. And did I mention that he's huge even for a super heavyweight?

I mean if you say Lebron vs Frank Mir, or Noguiera, or some big dangerous war horse... ok yeah, that could be bad news. But Chael Sonnen? He's just a good wrestler with a decent MMA record. And he's small. He's TINY by Super Heavyweight standards, actually. He'd be giving up 60+ pounds to Lebron. And I'm not even sure if Chael is any good anymore. In fact I'd like to see Chael go against any of the top 10 light heavyweight contenders, just to see where he's actually at right now.

Just hurry up and make him an announcer. Give him a fight he can win (Tito Ortiz maybe) and then just gloriously retire him so he can talk tough in the announcer's booth. I stand by the idea that Lebron could own him with one year of BJJ and Thai boxing training.

Sssmush
06-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Again, we're talking one of the best and most physically talented players in the HISTORY of one sport (which is far more lucrative and glamorous) versus somebody who has 13 losses and is just really average at MMA.

Belfort, Machado, and any number of other guys are just salivating right now to fight Chael because they can see what I see, and he's been built up to be a famous star now so EVERYONE will be wanting that "big fight." Dana White phone probably ringing off the hook.

He wants to fight Lebron LoL. What an idiot.

Sssmush
06-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Analyze this:

http://www.fightvideomma.com/2013/04/jon-jones-vs-chael-sonnen-fight-video.html

K.I.N.G.
06-23-2013, 10:42 AM
"His hairline went north, talents went South, and mother went West." Well damn

Sssmush
06-23-2013, 06:15 PM
"His hairline went north, talents went South, and mother went West." Well damn

And his bank account went to the moon.

Seriously, it isn't a diss to say that someone's mom was boning an NBA player. Even average NBA player's have dozens of hot young women and models throwing themselves at them all the time. If your mom can mess up the mind of an NBA player and turn him out and make him think he's in love so that he ends up being traded from the team, then hey, your mom got game.

D-Leethal
06-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah. And Chael weighed in at 205 for the fight where Jon Jones just beat him up sooooooooo easily. Went right through him and beat him at his own game. If ref doesn't stop it to save him some face then it would've been even nastier.

LoL if there had been a second round to that fight. It looked like Jon Jones was fighting Charlie Sheen out there.

Pretty sure Jon Jones has done that to every single opponent he has ever faced.

And his bank account went to the moon.

Seriously, it isn't a diss to say that someone's mom was boning an NBA player. Even average NBA player's have dozens of hot young women and models throwing themselves at them all the time. If your mom can mess up the mind of an NBA player and turn him out and make him think he's in love so that he ends up being traded from the team, then hey, your mom got game.

Your trying way too hard bro.

D-Leethal
06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
LeBron wouldn't stand a chance, and quite honestly, LeBron would not have the balls or warrior mentality to step into the octagon against a trained professional fighter. This thread is pretty dumb though, there are thousands of trained pro fighters that are well below Chael's level. He is one of the best in the world, he is at the peak of his profession, LeBron would need more than 12 months training BJJ to beat Sonnen.

Sssmush
06-25-2013, 05:07 AM
LeBron wouldn't stand a chance, and quite honestly, LeBron would not have the balls or warrior mentality to step into the octagon against a trained professional fighter. This thread is pretty dumb though, there are thousands of trained pro fighters that are well below Chael's level. He is one of the best in the world, he is at the peak of his profession, LeBron would need more than 12 months training BJJ to beat Sonnen.

You're just wrong bro.

LoL if you don't think that Lebron has knockout power. And Lebron probably has as much raw physical talent (strength and balance) as an Alexander Karelin. With 12 months of private lessons from top BJJ instructors and Thai boxing instructors... It's ridiculous to say that Lebron wouldn't have a chance.

Let's not forget that Chael is mostly just a wrestler that doesn't have much real MMA game (not a great striker, and almost no submissions). He's just a push against the cage, get the takedown, maintain position, slap slap "ground and pound," wait 15 minutes and hope to get decision.

AND he'd be giving up 65 to 80 pounds to a Lebron with awesome cardio. Maybe more.

How about we put Chael in with Frank Mir and see how that goes. Mir, Nogeuria, Belfort, Rockhold, Jacare, Henderson, Rua, Dos Santos, Cormier, Werdum, any of those guys I'd bet money on over Chael Sonnen. Pffft, I'd like to see Chael vs GSP or Nick Diaz, that would be wicked.