PDA

View Full Version : Something has to give in this series now.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Something has to give in this series now.

Does Duncan win his 5th title, looks of it seems like he would be finals mvp or do the Heat go back to back with Lebron getting two mvp's, 2 finals mvp's and 2 titles back to back season?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2013_finals.html

What happens if either team loses? Does Duncan retire, Manu?
Do the Heat break up the Big 3 and start thinking of trading Bosh and/or Wade?

Will the Spurs lose back to back games since Mid-December when all 3 of Duncan, Parker and Manu were in the lineup?

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9403373/san-antonio-spurs-shotSo far the Spurs have won the odd numbered games, and the Heat have won the even numbered games.

Do the Spurs do something that only the 1974 Celtics did and that is win game 7 on the road in the finals against the league mvp (when they lost game 6 but at home in OT)?

Both teams have won 2 games in blowouts and 1 game as a close one.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't see why Miami would make big changes since they have been in the finals three years in a row now. Maybe move Bosch for a big man.

As for spurs, id love to see them win game 7 on the road. It is entirely possible.

Iron24th
06-19-2013, 04:56 PM
If SA lose, maybe manu will think about retirement seriously, but Timmy and TP will still be Spurs next season, no doubt.

If miami lose I see bosh being traded, and that's it.

MinnesotaFtw
06-19-2013, 04:56 PM
They might want to use Dwade off the bench next year to preserve him for the playoffs. Bron and Bosh can still get 'em a first seed.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Hell no they don't trade Bosh. People jump to conclusions too quick. Who would they trade for?

Marc Gasol? No chance the Grizzlies do it.

Hibbert? To their biggest rival? Ok.

Howard? Don't even start with that one.

Noah? No chance. Same situation as Hibbert.

Anyone other than those four would not be worth trading Bosh. No chance they do it.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Wade or Bosh has to go. They are not winning with this same big 3 combo anymore. Not against the rising team like Bulls, or Pacers. Perhaps Heat can find a way to grab Greg Oden and convince Wade to come off the bench. Lots of unused and highly paid players in Miami's bench. Aka, Mike Miller. He needs to go.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Wade or Bosh has to go. They are not winning with this same big 3 combo anymore. Not against the rising team like Bulls, or Pacers. Perhaps Heat can find a way to grab Greg Oden and convince Wade to come off the bench. Lots of unused and highly paid players in Miami's bench. Aka, Mike Miller. He needs to go.

I don't doubt Miami's ability to sign big free agents. The allure of playing with the best player in the league during his prime is pretty attractive. I don't know how they can trade Wade though. Bad knees along with a pretty big contract is tough to move. The only teams that I could think of that would go for it would be borderline contenders that need a strong 6th man off the bench. Even then, I doubt there's much they could offer in return.

I stand by my view that Bosh is crucial to Lebron's success. As a big man who can hit the jumper and the outside shots, he's necessary to give Lebron the floor spacing he needs to dominate the interior. Jump shooting big men like him are hard to come by. If there's no Bosh, Hibbert stays in during Game 1 and he maybe blocks Lebron's layup, costing them the series. If you take just any other big man for him, you lose that spacing in return for a mediocre defense that still gets beaten by more skilled bigs like Noah and Hibbert anyways. You think a run of the mill big guy can stop Tim Duncan or Hibbert? It'll have to be a top 5 big man for it to be worth it imo. Either you go all out with your big man or you stick with Bosh. To compromise would mean giving up the Heat's best floor spacer for a minimal gain.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Call me crazy but I can't see the Spurs making it to the Finals again for a long time. Once OKC gets Westbrook back, Memphis gets some shooters etc, the West will be A LOT harder than it was this year.

Lim
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
manu and d wade need to retire