PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh to the fans that left early: 'Don't come to Game 7'

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Chris Bosh to the fans that left early: 'Don't come to Game 7' (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22478553/chris-bosh-to-the-fans-that-left-game-6-early-dont-come-back-to-game-7)

MIAMI -- Chris Bosh was direct when asked about the hundreds of Heat fans that hit the exits early and missed a classic end to Game 6.

"For all those [fans] who left, make sure you don't come to Game 7," he said.

With 28 seconds left and the Spurs up five, some Heat fans started making their way out of the arena. After a LeBron James 3 and then a miracle Ray Allen one after that, the game was improbably in overtime. And those fans were left outside the arena begging to be let back inside.

"Tim [Donovan, Heat PR guy] just told me that walking here," Erik Spoelstra said. "I didn't have any idea about it. It's one of those situations. I think every single one of us, somebody asked me last night about the yellow rope. I don't think any of us saw any of that until afterwards. We were fully engaged in the moment."

Before tip-off of each game, the Heat have a player huddle that consists of Dwyane Wade yelling, "to the last minute, to the last second, to the last man we fight!" Apparently that doesn't apply to their fan base.

LeBron, however, understood the fans' mindset.

"I just know in my household, my wife was like, 'Would you please stop doing that to me?' My mother-in-law, even my sons, they were like, 'oh, my God. You guys lost and won at the same time,'" he said. "I know. We know. I apologize to our fans from last night. But the game is -- that's why the game is played all the way to zeros."

Heat fans don't have the best reputation league-wide, but in that circumstance, the game certainly felt over. I know of a few sportswriters who mistakenly booked a flight home on Wednesday morning in those final 28 seconds. The Heat looked cooked, and some fans probably couldn't bear to watch the Spurs dance and celebrate on their home floor.

"As a fan and people watching at home, I know it had to -- wow, it had to do a lot to them, both if you were a Spurs fan or a Heat fan or just a general fan of the game," LeBron said. "It definitely brought everything out of you that you probably didn't think you had."

While Bosh says those that left aren't welcome, Shane Battier is a little more forgiving.

"The door will always be open for them," he said.

Except for when they leave early. Because then you can't get back in. Those are the rules.

I don't think it's too harsh. Those 'fans' got what they deserved. This is nothing against Miami, I bleed blue and orange but I've been rooting for them this series. Really glad the Heat pulled it out, it's certainly great for the real Heat fans and any basketball fans that wanted to look forward to a game 7. These people don't deserve to sit in those seats. Good riddance imo.

Edit: Also, I just wanna say, this is by no means anything against the true fans who supported their team all the way till the end. I know there's ****** fans with every team, but my point is that after all they've accomplished, I think the Heat deserve better than to have even their casual 'fans' walk out on them in a close elimination game.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I mean, they were probably frustrated and didn't want to see the SPURS win it on their home court. It doesn't come to a surprise for any legitimate Heat fan. Worst fanbase in all of sports.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I will take it a step further, fans on PSD who called the game over when down 5, don't post Thursday.

Khri
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Another thread about this? Really? And who cares? If they want to leave let them leave. They pay the tickets with their own money and they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Another thread about this? Really? And who cares? If they want to leave let them leave. They pay the tickets with their own money and they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

I think it goes farther than that. Just support for a team in general, it's disgusting. Actually, even farther than that, it's a disgrace to all basketball fans alike. The Warriors crowd stayed after they got beat by the Spurs and gave them a standing ovation. The Heat have definitely more than earned that much at least.

Not a knock on any fans/fanbases on this forum. As irrational as some may be, I think I'm safe in saying most of us would never walk out on an elimination game before it was over.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Because banging on glass doors after you knowingly leave the arena makes it right. They left, wanted to get back in to the hype, and ultimately got what was deserved.

Khri
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
I think it goes farther than that. Just support for a team in general, it's disgusting. Actually, even farther than that, it's a disgrace to all basketball fans alike. The Warriors crowd stayed after they got beat by the Spurs and gave them a standing ovation. The Heat have definitely more than earned that much at least.

Not a knock on anyone on this forum. As irrational as some may be, I think I'm safe in saying most of us would never walk out on an elimination game before it was over.

You're acting as if everyone in the arena left, it was a couple of people that did it. Also, I hardly doubt that after the Warriors lost to the Spurs all the fans stayed. The only reason the majority of you are making a big deal is because the Heat won.

Utd7
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree with bosh. You never quit on your team.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 04:07 PM
You're acting as if everyone in the arena left, it was a couple of people that did it. Also, I hardly doubt that after the Warriors lost to the Spurs all the fans stayed. The only reason the majority of you are making a big deal is because the Heat won.

I'm not saying that, not at all. But to their credit, the Oracle Arena was mostly filled up from what I could see at least, props to them on that. Great fanbase there and that's honestly what the Heat deserve from Miami.

That aside, let's say Miami did get eliminated. How shameful it is to just quit on them. You don't even support them to the very end when they've been the most dominant team for most of the past 3 years. That's just terrible on their part. Had they lost, I think it would've been even worse. Sure, nobody wants to stick around to watch the other team win the chip on their home floor but it's a damn elimination game, at least stay till the game's over. They're 5 points under with 28 seconds. Is it that unbelievable that they'd win?

Edit: Also from a player's perspective, imagine how it feels when you're trying to make a comeback to save the season and all of a sudden your fans start leaving. Especially after all the success and hard work you've had. That'd just straight up piss me off.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Nice to hear a player say it, and he's right. They bought the ticket and are allowed to leave whenever they want, and if they dont want to support to the team down five that is fine. But don't try to come back and support them only when they regained the lead.

Pathetic group of fans there.

tredigs
06-19-2013, 04:09 PM
And they were already seen around the league as the worst fans in the game. That's rough. I would kill to get into the 4th quarter of that game.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I have to agree with Bosh.

I was at a few Warriors games this season and it was sickening to watch people leave early, although it wasn't even as close to the number that left the Miami game last night.

No loyalty. No faith. Shame on them.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Actually, the vast majority did stay. They continued to chant "WARRIORS" even after the players left the floor, then Curry and co came back out to say thanks for the support, they were overwhelmed by it. They were still getting a standing ovation after everyone had left the court.

But I believe that's different, Warriors surpassed the expectations of most people (and at least met the expectations of the hardcore fans). They showed a lot of heart etc.

And on the flip side Miami were expected by most casual Miami fans (which let's face it make up the majority of their fanbase) to just walk through the finals.

RowBTrice
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I pretty much hate the Heat and really hate Bosh, but I'm 100% in support of him saying this and glad he did. Good for him.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Nice to hear a player say it, and he's right. They bought the ticket and are allowed to leave whenever they want, and if they dont want to support to the team down five that is fine. But don't try to come back and support them only when they regained the lead.

Pathetic group of fans there.

The ones that walked out are pathetic. But don't judge a fanbase on a low percentage of people that are truly fans.

BigBlueCrew
06-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Given how much these tickets cost Im sure he's not going out on a limb with this statement. Its funny how demonstrative Chris Bosh is before and after the game. During the game well......

Chi StateOfMind
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I will take it a step further, fans on PSD who called the game over when down 5, don't post Thursday.

This.

JoeBlessU
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Someone should tell chris bosh the fans pay his salary by coming to the games, if they wanna leave, they can leave. He collects 17 million from them annually..He should probably just shut up and keep missing his wussy 12 foot jumpers.. he cant drive worth a *******

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Someone should tell chris bosh the fans pay his salary by coming to the games, if they wanna leave, they can leave. He collects 17 million from them annually..He should probably just shut up and keep missing his wussy 12 foot jumpers.. he cant drive worth a *******

I don't think they'll have any problems selling tickets if none of those people that walked were to return.

It's not like you're talking about Charlotte or something.

ManRam
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Heat fans are subpar...it's the south florida lifestyle.

But fans of ALL teams do this all the time. I agree with Bosh though...and as a player it would annoy me.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:21 PM

My god you are a whiny little child. We get it you don't like the HEAT. Wade could donate an entire game check to help homeless children and you would complain that it was just 1 game check, why not his entire yearly salary.

Just stop *****ing.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
But fans of ALL teams do this all the time.

During a blow out in the regular season maybe.

But not in a win or go home game of the finals, not when you have the greatest player the league has seen in a while and when you have clutch shot Ray Ray. Not when the game is still winnable.

Dade County
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM

Not a knock on any fans/fanbases on this forum. As irrational as some may be, I think I'm safe in saying most of us would never walk out on an elimination game before it was over.

Different type of people... That would not happen for any sports team down here in Miami; if a team loses, I don't think anyone would start to cheer. I am not going to judge warrior fans or us HEAT/Miami fans. But most fans down here don't have that type of mentality; most of us care about winning it all, 2nd place is not good enough; coming close, then losing is not good enough.

I still disagree with the NO call when UM failed to beat ohio state in the Notational championship... You never hear me say, UM did good by just getting their. I still can't watch a commercial or see a high light of that game.

So in short... Some fan bases are just different. Knicks, HEAT, Lakers; very aggressive fan bases, that don't take losing as a positive thing.

Warrior, OKC ( but they really don't count, all they ever knew was KD), Sacramento, bulls, their fans are different then most fans. I don't want to say anything disrespectful, so I will just say again; every fan base is different, we all have are own level of expectation, some are greater then others.

Blame it on are up bringing or demographics.

masTOR_shake1
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM

except when bosh leaves Toronto...:rolleyes:

BigBlueCrew
06-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Different type of people... That would not happen for any sports team down here in Miami; if a team loses, I don't think anyone would start to cheer. I am not going to judge warrior fans or us HEAT/Miami fans. But most fans down here don't have that type of mentality; most of us care about winning it all, 2nd place is not good enough; coming close, then losing is not good enough.

I still disagree with the NO call when UM failed to beat ohio state in the Notational championship... You never hear me say, UM did good by just getting their. I still can't watch a commercial or see a high light of that game.

So in short... Some fan bases are just different. Knicks, HEAT, Lakers; very aggressive fan bases, that don't take losing as a positive thing.

Warrior, OKC ( but they really don't count, all they ever knew was KD), Sacramento, bulls, their fans are different then most fans. I don't want to say anything disrespectful, so I will just say again; every fan base is different, we all have are own level of expectation, some are greater then others.

Blame it on are up bringing or demographics.

You can write a whole paragraph explaining it anyways youd like. But actually its quite easy to explain Miami fans.

Bad Winners and even Worse Losers.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:28 PM

But not in a win or go home game of the finals, not when you have the greatest player the league has seen in a while and when you have clutch shot Ray Ray. Not when the game is still winnable.

In the playoffs this year I watched fans from the following teams leave early:
Spurs
OKC
Lakers
HEAT
Knicks
Bulls
Warriors
Bucks

JoeBlessU
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
My god you are a whiny little child. We get it you don't like the HEAT. Wade could donate an entire game check to help homeless children and you would complain that it was just 1 game check, why not his entire yearly salary.

Just stop *****ing.

Stop reading my posts if u dont like them ya wuss. Your ****ing about me ****ing..

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 04:32 PM

no its a continuing trend of Miami fans. they are indeed the worst fans in the league. This really shows it.

who cares if they have money - it hasn't stopped them from being the worst fans.

They are all on their phones during games, not standing up like real fans do when opponents are shooting free throws, not getting to the games on time, leaving when the game isn't even done yet, leaving when the Heat had a chance to come back, as grim as it may seem.

Heat fans don't deserve Lebron and co. And some of them here want Lebron to be traded.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Bosch shouldn't talk down to fans. They thought it was over, big deal. A lot of people thought it was over.

Btw, am I the only one who knew the heat had a run in them? I was saying in the game thread last night they will put together a run before the game us over.

As for some heat fans wanting to get rid of lebron, that's just emotional response rather than logic in the heat of the moment.

Big Zo
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I agree with Bosh, but I love how people are making this out to be a Miami thing. I remember Mavs fans filing out in 2006, when it was a 5 point lead. Of course if Stackhouse's 3 goes in at the end, the game is tied, and you have the same scenario.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Based on the game thread I'd say every Heat fan in there would have left too. You guys were calling LeBron a pansy, saying he needed to get ****ing traded (lunatics), than praising him as Jesus after the game.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM

the Miami Heat pay his salary. regardless of an empty arena or full arena.

He doesn't need to shut up at all. If anything, the fans that left should apologize to the rest of the fans. Finally, someone from the Heat organization calling out the fanbase there. They deserve the call out, in all honesty.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Based on the game thread I'd say every Heat fan in there would have left too. You guys were calling LeBron a pansy, saying he needed to get ****ing traded (lunatics), than praising him as Jesus after the game.

I was there the entire game hanging on. I was pissed at the lack of urgency through the first three quarters, but quarter four they completely redeemed themselves. Smart D, attacking the rim, I would have stayed and cheered if they lost.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 04:40 PM

Didn't pay attention to the game thread but if you're a "Heat fan" and want Lebron traded, you don't deserve him or the rest of the Miami Heat.

That's just flat out stupidity, forget anything else.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
double post whoops

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM

He doesn't need to shut up at all. If anything, the fans that left should apologize to the rest of the fans. Finally, someone from the Heat organization calling out a small portion of the fanbase there. They deserve the call out, in all honesty.

Fixed

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Fixed

okay. I agree. just easier to say all even though I know its not all.

Goose17

No fan base takes losing as a positive thing. Some fan bases are just more loyal than others. Places like the Lakers, Knicks and more recently Heat have always been more of a fashion statement than anything else, their fan bases tend to just be glory hunters.

A true fan is one that sticks with a team and cheers them through all of the bad times, that doesn't turn their back on them no matter how bad they get. A true fan is someone who is there for their team lose or win. It's not about liking losing, it's about accepting it and moving forward.

Go back to the start of this year, nobody, and I mean nobody, outside of the Warriors fan base believed we would make the playoffs. Then, when we did, nobody and I mean nobody, outside of the Warriors fan base believed we would make it out of the first round. Then when we did, nobody and I mean nobody outside of the Warriors fan base thought we would win two games in the second round for the first time since 1976-77, let alone win one in San Antonio for the first time since 1997.

We're proud, because we destroyed the expectations most people had. We stuck it to the haters and for us this season was a success, it's not that we didn't WANT to go further or win it all, it's that we know this was a step in the right direction.

The only teams in the playoffs that have won at least one game against San Antonio this year; Warriors and Heat.

RaiderLakersA's
I'm going to give the fans that left the game a pass. How late was it in the evening on the East Coast when the game was over? I'm sure a few of them had to go to work the following morning. I don't think they left just because they'd given up hope on their team.

That said, I've sat through plenty of excruciating losses with some of my teams, so there is something to be said about being there for your team until the clock displays 00:00:00, even if it's only symbollic.

tr3ymill3r
06-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Not a single person who got up out of their seat and left are not fans, unless there is an extreme case in which your family has been kidknapped by Allen Iverson, even if your house is burning down there is no reason to leave because you can't save it by the time you get home. You are a 2%er if you get up and leave early. Playoff tickets are expensive, even in the first round let alone the Finals. Those people are going to have to live with that pit in their stomach, knowing that they missed history made.

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Good thing Bosh said this and not Lebron. Could you imagine??

el_primo_nano
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Chris bosh needs to shut the **** up and defend Duncan. He got raped down low, how about if he shows up and defends for game 7?

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Chris bosh needs to shut the **** up and defend Duncan. He got raped down low, how about if he shows up and defends for game 7?

Pretty sure Bosh redeemed himself pretty well the second half, only allowing 5 points. He struggled in the first half because he was going up against him alone with very loose help D. They were doing it not to allow three's uncontested because of ball movement.

JoeBlessU
06-19-2013, 04:54 PM

He doesn't need to shut up at all. If anything, the fans that left should apologize to the rest of the fans. Finally, someone from the Heat organization calling out the fanbase there. They deserve the call out, in all honesty.

You guys take this **** way too seriously.. Fans should apologize to other fans? D'hoookay..
Its a basketball game, easily the worst of the 4 major pro sports, id get bored and leave too..
Hell, Lebrons stupid pouty face would make me want to leave in the 1st quarter, that guy cries more than a colicky baby.

Minimal
06-19-2013, 04:55 PM
There was only 1 fan who wanted him traded as I know. There was obviously a lot of frustration before 4th quarter, but noone went from their screens right? I watched the whole game up to the end of OT at home and I definitely wouldn't leave a game for which I paid before the buzzer if I was in that arena. It was really low for the ones who left before the buzzer. I don't think anyone really praising LeBron for this game. I say this game was pure luck and LeBron deserved to lose, but the team pulled a win somehow.

OceanSpray
I'm speaking out of experience. Been to Miami Heat vs Bulls game 3 2011 playoffs. The fans were just above average. Many of them don't know the plays. Some of them didn't even know their own team's roster. Fans always showed up late, and when they did arrive, they never showed energy. Out of all the NBA games I've been to, last year Linsanity against LAL was my favorite. Crazy game. Been to 4 NBA games, Miami ranks third.

ChitownBears22
You guys take this **** way too seriously.. Fans should apologize to other fans? D'hoookay..
Its a basketball game, easily the worst of the 4 major pro sports, id get bored and leave too..
Hell, Lebrons stupid pouty face would make me want to leave in the 1st quarter, that guy cries more than a colicky baby.

Football

Basketball

Hockey

Baseball

Teeboy1487
06-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Good for Chris Bosh for saying this. The real Heat fans stood up and the banwagoners left the arena.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2013, 04:58 PM
First thing he's said that I agree with in years.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Football > Basketball > Hockey > Baseball

NYCkid12
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Let me first say, I don't like leaving games early, as long as there's time left, outs left, etc your team has a shot and believe if your a true fan you stay til the end

That being said, I have HUGE problem with Chris Bosh's comments. These are people who spend their hard earned money to go to a game and watch their team play, if they want to leave early that's their business! These are the people that support the team and sport that makes you millions of dollars, who the hell are you to tell them when to come and leave?? Give me a break, you almost lost the game and your concerned about the fans leaving early?? Focus on game 7. These guys don't realize if it wasn't for fans huge interest in the game the money wouldn't be there for them. Be grateful for the opportunity you have and worry about the team your playing and not the fans.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
What is worse, the fans leaving early or the defense Bosch played on Duncan in the first half?

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 05:04 PM
What is worse, the fans leaving early or the defense Bosch played on Duncan in the first half?

First half defense, it actually had an effect on the game.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Let me first say, I don't like leaving games early, as long as there's time left, outs left, etc your team has a shot and believe if your a true fan you stay til the end

That being said, I have HUGE problem with Chris Bosh's comments. These are people who spend their hard earned money to go to a game and watch their team play, if they want to leave early that's their business! These are the people that support the team and sport that makes you millions of dollars, who the hell are you to tell them when to come and leave?? Give me a break, you almost lost the game and your concerned about the fans leaving early?? Focus on game 7. These guys don't realize if it wasn't for fans huge interest in the game the money wouldn't be there for them. Be grateful for the opportunity you have and worry about the team your playing and not the fans.

What don't you get? These "fans" left and tried to come back when Miami were winning. Police had to come over and handle the situation because fans were trying to break in through glass doors. Simple point, fans left cause their team was losing, tried to come back, denied access, starting causing commotion because they didn't get what they want. Sounds like greedy and senseless fans.

Nick O
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
except when bosh leaves Toronto...:rolleyes:

BC treated him like *** though through the whole ordeal. and there was never going to be an offer of a max deal to bosh either..

Nick O
06-19-2013, 05:15 PM

lool 5 points after half for Duncan .. bosh shut him and parker AND danny green down.. not to mention clutch rebounds (the most clutch rebound ever) and a big and 1 in OT .. Bosh did just fine.. people like to say the heat are a big 2... ya.. its lebron and bosh

kenzo400
06-19-2013, 05:21 PM
If the fans don't come is Bosh personally going to refund their money?

el_primo_nano
06-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Pretty sure Bosh redeemed himself pretty well the second half, only allowing 5 points. He struggled in the first half because he was going up against him alone with very loose help D. They were doing it not to allow three's uncontested because of ball movement.

No, I'm pretty sure that was fatigue after putting up half the Spurs points in the 1st half. Bosh should be the last one talking of the "big 3"

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that was fatigue after putting up half the Spurs points in the 1st half. Bosh should be the last one talking of the "big 3"

Thanks for proving your lack of basketball knowledge. I will just put you on ignore, you know, since you only add stupidity to anything you touch.

Nick O
06-19-2013, 05:24 PM

bosh > wade... bosh saved the entire season... twice...

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:30 PM

This kid's a joke :facepalm:

Thanks for proving your lack of basketball knowledge. I will just put you on ignore, you know, since you only add stupidity to anything you touch.

bosh > wade... bosh saved the entire season... twice...

JerseyPalahniuk
06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey OceanSpray,

I screenshotted someone quoting someone of you "heat fans" last night. I thought you would stop posting about this but I find it odd that you're posting IN THIS THREAD. Shoutout to MTL_123 for helping out as well.

http://prntscr.com/1aumoj

c.c.
06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Most of them are ban wagon fans who only support popular winning teams

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Miami has the worst fan base in the history of sports so why is this a surprise?

It sucks for the few Heat fans who actually are dedicated.

I laugh every time I see a "Heat fan" with a join date on PSD of July 2010 or later.

And I don't know why but I'm starting to like Bosh..a lot. First he made great plays in game 6 and now speaking out? Damn, where has THIS BOSH been for the past 3 years?

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Hey OceanSpray,

I screenshotted someone quoting someone of you "heat fans" last night. I thought you would stop posting about this but I find it odd that you're posting IN THIS THREAD. Shoutout to MTL_123 for helping out as well.

Thank you! I'm saving that on my computer as well and next time either of those idiots come out to "support their team" I'm blasting them with that.

Hell maybe I'll even make that my sig.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Miami has the worst fan base in the history of sports so why is this a surprise?

It sucks for the few Heat fans who actually are dedicated.

I laugh every time I see a "Heat fan" with a join date on PSD of July 2010 or later.
And I don't know why but I'm starting to like Bosh..a lot. First he made great plays in game 6 and now speaking out? Damn, where has THIS BOSH been for the past 3 years?

You do realize that people can be a fan before signing up on a site, correct? I only found this site because I was looking for rumors and news. I am glad I did, I have had a great time reading stuff on this site and debating. It passes time at work for me. I was a fan before 2010 and will be after the big 3 era is over.

JC_
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Weren't fans booing Bosh in the first half according to the commentators? That might have something to do with why he said what he said. People can complain all they want about the first half but I'd take that over him having to sit with foul trouble. Birdman picked up 2 fouls in like 30 seconds when he came in to guard Duncan. Heat struggled big time when Bosh was in foul trouble during the Pacer series, which was like every game.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
You do realize that people can be a fan before signing up on a site, correct? I only found this site because I was looking for rumors and news. I am glad I did, I have had a great time reading stuff on this site and debating. It passes time at work for me. I was a fan before 2010 and will be after the big 3 era is over.
Your a Heat fan? I thought you were a Bulls or Lakers fan..

Iron24th
06-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Hey OceanSpray,

Wow crazy to say this about your team's best player even during a potential loss.

Some heat fans are a joke.

DirkDiggler6
06-19-2013, 05:45 PM

Ive been a heat fan for a long time. I can tell you from experiance living here, that most heat "fans" down in miami are gloryhunters, and the rest are teenage girls posting #BabyBron <3 on facebook. Hell, my parents didnt watch a single season after 06, till i called them up and told them the heat had just gotten the best player in the world, along with another allstar. Sadly the bad rep we get is 90% true. When we were down by 5 with 20 seconds left i was already seeing SA celebrating. I stayed watching since ive always admired the spurs regardless, and hoping for a miracle. Well I got a reward. Those bandwagon fans may share the teams success, but they'll never be part of the teams historical moments, t like yesterday. Im glad they werent let back in

JerseyPalahniuk
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Thank you! I'm saving that on my computer as well and next time either of those idiots come out to "support their team" I'm blasting them with that.

Hell maybe I'll even make that my sig.

Wow crazy to say this about your team's best player even during a potential loss.

Haha just looked at the last few page of the game thread and he's arguing for Lebron like nothing happened. FYI, I'm a Lebron fan but can't stand when fans flip flop on their own team. Had to call him out.

Kuya_Clive
06-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Lol I love Bosh. All those fans that left early and had tickets for game 7 should give their tickets away to REAL heat fans. "Through thick and thin, shorty. "

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Your a Heat fan? I thought you were a Bulls or Lakers fan..

No I absolutely hate the Bulls. I enjoy watching Kobe, greatest offensive game changer since Jordan. I am not a fan of the ownership and 50% of fans.

I started watching basketball when I moved to Florida from Chicago in 99. Went to Miami Arena and AA Arena.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:48 PM

That's the one thing ill give you guys. Even when Kobe is shooting you out of games and giving a huge negative impact on the game, you all still stand by Kobe and support him like the biggest homers you guys :)

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Haha just looked at the last few page of the game thread and he's arguing for Lebron like nothing happened. FYI, I'm a Lebron fan but can't stand when fans flip flop on their own team. Had to call him out.

Agreed. If you don't like Lebron, that's fine it's your opinion. But at least stay consistent with your opinions and make some logical arguments.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Ive been a heat fan for a long time. I can tell you from experiance living here, that most heat "fans" down in miami are gloryhunters, and the rest are teenage girls posting #BabyBron <3 on facebook. Hell, my parents didnt watch a single season after 06, till i called them up and told them the heat had just gotten the best player in the world, along with another allstar. Sadly the bad rep we get is 90% true. When we were down by 5 with 20 seconds left i was already seeing SA celebrating. I stayed watching since ive always admired the spurs regardless, and hoping for a miracle. Well I got a reward. Those bandwagon fans may share the teams success, but they'll never be part of the teams historical moments, t like yesterday. Im glad they werent let back in

I do think its unfortunate that there are die hard heat fans that have to deal with the negativity from other fan bases in the big 3 era. Sometimes fans here assume every heat fan is a bandwagoner.

I mean, who wouldn't want lebron on their team? I'd be rooting hard for him if he had come to Chicago.

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:00 PM
For all those [fans] who left, make sure you don't come to Game 7," he said.

isnt that the whole stadium bosh :laugh:

YashBoone
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Some dude who was born and raised and writes for Miami on mike and mike this morning, I forget his name, said "Miami doesn't have a real fan base. They are a bandwagon town" end quote.
Nuff said

*Silver&Black*
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Heat fans: "Bosh, make sure you don't come to Game 7 either".

chitownredbulls
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Bosh is an idiot....it's a sport....I mean they should have stayed but if you're on the team and you come out n say this, ur an idiot.....they're fans...u play the sport n get paid to so suck it up n play...****ing idiot......it doesn't matter if there was 1 fan or a thousand fans there, u shut up n play...

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
THIS VIDEO IS FUNNY PLEASE WATCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1bt30Y6jw

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 06:04 PM
isnt that the whole stadium bosh :laugh:

I didn't see Kobe at the closeout game when they got ousted from the playoffs. Maybe the lakers should tell him to not come back.

And it was less than 1% of the crowd that left.

DirkDiggler6
06-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Some dude who was born and raised and writes for Miami on mike and mike this morning, I forget his name, said "Miami doesn't have a real fan base. They are a bandwagon town" end quote.
Nuff said

The best example of this would be if the dolphins overachive this year and get a wildcard spot for the playoffs. That stadium would be rocking with douches claiming theyve been fin fans "4 lyfe" I hope it happens, but attendance in that stadium is abysmal and it would help to keep the team down here. But thats another story.

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I didn't see Kobe at the closeout game when they got ousted from the playoffs. Maybe the lakers should tell him to not come back.

And it was less than 1% of the crowd that left.

it was clearly a joke but please don't speak
http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/04/28/kobe-bryant-makes-inspirational-move-to-lakers-bench-at-spurs-ga

And 1%? look at all these fans at the door begging to go back in

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 06:08 PM
it was clearly a joke but please don't speak
http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/04/28/kobe-bryant-makes-inspirational-move-to-lakers-bench-at-spurs-ga

What a dumb joke.

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:09 PM
What a dumb joke.

Why are you replying, your making yourself look stupid about that Kobe not going to close out game.
And not to mention he just got out the hospital bed

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Why are you replying, your making yourself look stupid about that Kobe not going to close out game.
And not to mention he just got out the hospital bed

It was a dumb single-layer joke like yours. Wanted to keep it simple for your simple mind.

DirkDiggler6
06-19-2013, 06:12 PM
I do think its unfortunate that there are die hard heat fans that have to deal with the negativity from other fan bases in the big 3 era. Sometimes fans here assume every heat fan is a bandwagoner.

I mean, who wouldn't want lebron on their team? I'd be rooting hard for him if he had come to Chicago.

Yea man it sucks. But theyre the ones to blame. They never fail to live up to their bandwagon status.

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:13 PM
It was a dumb single-layer joke like yours. Wanted to keep it simple for your simple mind.

Yeah my simple mind cannot process the incorrect statements you've said.
But either way Miami has the worst fans i think everyone knows this.
And it's not even an discussion.

THE GIPPER
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh Bosh.. Did you forget the reason you get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Every time I see you open your mouth you look dumber and dumber.

kubernetes
06-19-2013, 06:24 PM
I've actually gained a lot of respect for Bosh. And Lebron is way too nice.

That was one of the best finals games I or anyone else has ever seen. How could you leave early? I was cheering for the Spurs, but it must have been amazing in there when Ray Allen hit that three.

ManRam
06-19-2013, 06:29 PM

I don't know. I'd like to think I'm a pretty passionate fan...but I'd be heated. I'd be pissed, angry, mad, sad...I'd probably feel like "I NEED TO GET THE **** OUTTA HERE".

I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for and I was bugging out just watching it at my house.

Would I actually leave? Probably not...I've never really been in a circumstance like that. Emotions are crazy, that's all I can say :shrug:

Not sure those leaving are the unpassionate ones necessarily. I'm sure some might be, but maybe some were like what I think I would have been like.

dalton749
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I was at game 7 of the leafs-bruins when the leafs were up 3 with 10 minutes to go and boston fans started leaving.
It was funny to see all of the fans leave, I even watched a guy throw away his jersey. Boston ends up coming back and is now in the stanley cup final because of it.
I bet those fans are now "die hard" bruin fans lmao
people are pathetic

deaner
06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Didn't he a LBJ do the same thing to to their respective teams?

Fury
06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
That's because Miami has the worst fans in the world ...and that includes all sports football basketball baseball there all a disgrace..florida period..dolphins and jaguar games u see empty seats everywhere Marlin and rays games empty stadium even when they have the big 3 in one team they can't sell out a game half the season ..they don't care when things get tough ..I would hate to be a fan in Florida ..no heart no passion ..Miami the epidemy of everything that's wrong about sports fans in America..

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 06:46 PM
oh bosh.. Did you forget the reason you get paid millions of dollars to play a game? Every time i see you open your mouth you look dumber and dumber.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

ewmania
06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
you can't blame those heat fans, they didn't know the refs were going to rig the OT

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
you can't blame those heat fans, they didn't know the refs were going to rig the OT

NYK fans starting to become worse than LAL fans.

chitownredbulls
06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
So he gets mad for fans "leaving" cause they're team is losing? How bout when he left the raptors when they sucked? **** you bosh you ***** lol

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
So he gets mad for fans "leaving" cause they're team is losing? How bout when he left the raptors when they sucked? **** you bosh you ***** lol

Yeah lets compare apples and oranges. Obviously you are a Bulls fan, you guys were sooooo convinced you were getting Wade or Bosh in 2010. LeBron laughed at going to Chicago and playing with that joke of a PG Rose.

Matter.
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah lets compare apples and oranges. Obviously you are a Bulls fan, you guys were sooooo convinced you were getting Wade or Bosh in 2010. LeBron laughed at going to Chicago and playing with that joke of a PG Rose.
Which team do u support?

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Which team do u support?

LA Sparks

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 07:20 PM

How did Bosh leave the Raptors? He was a free agent, he could've signed with anybody at that point. He wasn't property of the Toronto Raptors. My prediction? You're still mad Bosh destroyed your boy Boozer two years ago, and can't get over the fact that Miami has prevented Bulls from reaching the ECF -twice.

OC Knights #11
06-19-2013, 07:28 PM
It's not like Chris Bosh ever shows up for his games.

chitownredbulls
06-19-2013, 07:56 PM
How did Bosh leave the Raptors? He was a free agent, he could've signed with anybody at that point. He wasn't property of the Toronto Raptors. My prediction? You're still mad Bosh destroyed your boy Boozer two years ago, and can't get over the fact that Miami has prevented Bulls from reaching the ECF -twice.
From the looks of it, you're mad lol...I ain't never mad....he complaining bout the fans leaving when they down but he left the raptors when they down....

Tony_Starks
06-19-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm a Laker fan and attend lots of games, so even though I want to talk trash a lot of our fans get there mid first quarter and leave mid fourth quarter...

Just keeping it real.

chitownredbulls
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=ChitownBears22;26474440]Yeah lets compare apples and oranges. Obviously you are a Bulls fan, you guys were sooooo convinced you were getting Wade or Bosh in 2010. LeBron laughed at going to Chicago and playing with that joke of a PG Rose.[/
Go ahead n cry u cry baby lol.....he crying bout the fans so just saying, y he leave Toronto? U mad...heat fans r crybabies.....y'all got the best players in the world........we ain't mad....we just like it when there's competition....cry me a river...lol....

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=ChitownBears22;26474440]Yeah lets compare apples and oranges. Obviously you are a Bulls fan, you guys were sooooo convinced you were getting Wade or Bosh in 2010. LeBron laughed at going to Chicago and playing with that joke of a PG Rose.[/
Go ahead n cry u cry baby lol.....he crying bout the fans so just saying, y he leave Toronto? U mad...heat fans r crybabies.....y'all got the best players in the world........we ain't mad....we just like it when there's competition....cry me a river...lol....

And I will just put you on ignore. I know english is hard and grammar is harder, but at least attempt to get some of it right.

Yes the team I like has a lot of good players. I remember the Bulls trying to get them too. Don't throw stones, I believe that is the saying.

smith&wesson
06-19-2013, 08:12 PM
casual fans ...

Dade County
06-19-2013, 08:16 PM

No fan base takes losing as a positive thing. Some fan bases are just more loyal than others. Places like the Lakers, Knicks and more recently Heat have always been more of a fashion statement than anything else, their fan bases tend to just be glory hunters.

I wouldn't call HEAT fans glory hunters... It's a mentality that we have down here, we feel that we should win, and win big. I think the U gave us that type of mentality.

A true fan is one that sticks with a team and cheers them through all of the bad times, that doesn't turn their back on them no matter how bad they get. A true fan is someone who is there for their team lose or win. It's not about liking losing, it's about accepting it and moving forward.

I am assuming that this is every fan base... But if you are trying to apply that fans should still spend their hard on money, to buy tickets from an organization that has proved to not care about winning; then you are own your own.

The one thing that Miami doesn't have is dumb consumers.

And I will never tell anyone how to spend their money.

Go back to the start of this year, nobody, and I mean nobody, outside of the Warriors fan base believed we would make the playoffs. Then, when we did, nobody and I mean nobody, outside of the Warriors fan base believed we would make it out of the first round. Then when we did, nobody and I mean nobody outside of the Warriors fan base thought we would win two games in the second round for the first time since 1976-77, let alone win one in San Antonio for the first time since 1997.

We're proud, because we destroyed the expectations most people had. We stuck it to the haters and for us this season was a success, it's not that we didn't WANT to go further or win it all, it's that we know this was a step in the right direction.

The only teams in the playoffs that have won at least one game against San Antonio this year; Warriors and Heat.

I remember when young Wade beat the hornets, and then we had to face the Pacers. I was happy that Wade was developing well; but I never said, well i am happy that we took one game from the pacers in the 2nd rd.

The only thing I accept is wining it all... Anything else, is a failure; but that doesn't mean, that I can't enjoy the team I rout for, grow into a contender. Those are some of the best times ( but they have to win it all, after the grow together; or it was just fools gold and a waste of time ).

Nick O
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Heat fans: "Bosh, make sure you don't come to Game 7 either".

the guy who saved their season twice?

MrfadeawayJB
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Good stuff bosh

mjt20mik
06-19-2013, 11:40 PM
That's what happens when a large portion of your fanbase are bandwagoners. Sucks for the true diehards (heat fans on PSD) to be classified as this.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Bosh is smarter than he hits jump shots.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Did I see someone say Knick fans are glory hounds?

I know in general they seem eccentric and a bit homerish.

But the Knicks sold out constantly despite being a pathetic team.

The goods
06-19-2013, 11:55 PM
It wasn't harsh at all but shouldn't have come from a ***** that flops as much as he does, maybe he should try being this tough on the court.

dee279
06-20-2013, 12:38 AM
As a true heat fan, its actually pretty sickening. Fans like that are always ready to quit. Those are the same fans saying amnesty Wade and trade Wade, when he is the reason for both championships that they currently have. I dont live in Florida so idk how it is over there exactly, but I know win or lose I would have been there from beginning to end of each game i can make it to. These players work theyre *** off to do the best they can and give it their all. Fans can atleast have the decency to applaud the team for trying and thanking them for the best 3 years the Miami Franchise has ever had. Not walk out on them. If you can not stay to watch the whole game, then stay at home.

dee279
06-20-2013, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=chitownredbulls;26474836]

And I will just put you on ignore. I know english is hard and grammar is harder, but at least attempt to get some of it right.

Yes the team I like has a lot of good players. I remember the Bulls trying to get them too. Don't throw stones, I believe that is the saying.
Y does it say you quoted yourself? Lol arguing with yourself it looks like

damn it messed up my quote too. Wierd shiznit.

shep33
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
And they were already seen around the league as the worst fans in the game. That's rough. I would kill to get into the 4th quarter of that game.

This

shep33
06-20-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm a Laker fan and attend lots of games, so even though I want to talk trash a lot of our fans get there mid first quarter and leave mid fourth quarter...

Just keeping it real.

Yeah sad truth. If only they priced tickets reasonably, I bet we'd have such a crazy atmosphere. That's why I respect MSG so much. Knick fans, who pay a ton of money are pretty loud and into the game.

koberulesall
06-20-2013, 01:00 AM
I mean, they were probably frustrated and didn't want to see the SPURS win it on their home court. It doesn't come to a surprise for any legitimate Heat fan. Worst fanbase in all of sports.

yeah it is the worst fan base they are all bandwagon fans....this is all staged i wont watch a second of game 7 here i will just tell you what happens**spoiler alert** the nba really wants the heat to win ever since the start of the season so guess whats going to happen????

Nick O
06-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Bosh is smarter than he hits jump shots.

... what ..

SportsFanatic10
06-20-2013, 01:17 AM
lol he was probably mad because the fans were angry with his first half performance. i don't mind him saying that though.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Good for Bosh. Although, this isn't endearing him to the ten fans at the arena.

Heater4life
06-20-2013, 01:23 AM
That's what happens when a large portion of your fanbase are bandwagoners. Sucks for the true diehards (heat fans on PSD) to be classified as this.

Its sad but the truth. The forums are full of them and then within Miami itself, you can hear people "discuss" basketball with some ludicrous ideas which clearly show their ineptitude towards the sport.

Aside from those, there are quality fans out there. Some pre-lebron, some post.

Heater4life
06-20-2013, 01:27 AM
It just pisses me off to see these idiots leave the game. And thats EVERY SINGLE GAME, the same routine. But Game 6 of the finals is disrespectful.

Nothing would make me more proud (in the unfortunate event that we were eliminated) than to see Heat fans stay and chant lets go Heat throughout a championship ceremony for an opposing team.

Heater4life
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
... what ..
What he meant to say is the education system needs more funding if we intend on having a bright future.

RiceOnTheRun
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
NYK fans starting to become worse than LAL fans.

Smh it's a disgrace. I get the rivalry and how much we wanna beat them and all but have a little respect for a great basketball team.

Aust
06-20-2013, 04:22 AM
:clap:

Well said Chris.

NateyB24
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I gotta agree with Chris on this one i could see fans leaving a blow out but a 5 point lead was easy for the Heat to make up.

GrumpyOldMan
06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I know this happens in a lot of cities, but I don't know if I ever saw that many fans leave during a championship game with the outcome still undetermined. They are either uneducated basketball fans who don't know how quickly points can be put up at the end of an NBA game or smokers who couldn't hold out any longer. Either way they got what they deserved....locked out. It was great watching the video of them trying to get back in though.Sure, Bosh went over the top a little, but I can understand his frustration with "fans" who gave up on the team.

DR_1
06-20-2013, 10:58 AM

This. I would never walk out on my Bulls like that.

Iron24th
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
THIS VIDEO IS FUNNY PLEASE WATCH

Pathetic, these fans are a joke

Iron24th
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
That's the one thing ill give you guys. Even when Kobe is shooting you out of games and giving a huge negative impact on the game, you all still stand by Kobe and support him like the biggest homers you guys :)

I can blame Kobe for something, but I will never wish he was never on my team, come on, your team's best player?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

astonmartin10
06-20-2013, 04:24 PM
I cant believe they left.

sunnyice
06-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Lakers and Heat have the 2 worst fanbase.

Captain Moroni
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM

Personally I never called the game over. So I think I will post tonite.

Captain Moroni
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
My respect for Bosh (who I cant stand) just went up big time. He is 100% correct these fans are not true fans, just wannabe Championship rooters. Stay home tonite. Well said Bosh

Captain Moroni
06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
And Kudo's to the security team for not letting them back in.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Personally I never called the game over. So I think I will post tonite.

Did anyone call you out specifically?