PDA

View Full Version : The game thread was laughable tonight

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 04:57 AM
From Heat fans saying "trade lebron!!!" to Heat haters laughing and thinking the Spurs won the Finals

I'd like to congratulate everyone who stayed out of that thread because we are the real winners tonight. Doesn't matter who won, doesn't matter who lost. At this point, my hope is that most of you would understand the game of basketball and what I read in there tonight is an absolute sham to this forum. Have some damn respect for where you post. Have some damn compassion for your human counterparts that you converse with quite often. Sure, you don't know who they are but they have their own lives and their own problems. Stop the bashing. Enjoy great basketball. I understand this is where a lot of you vent and talk nonsense but clean it up and have fun with it. Stop ******** all over the floor with irrational statements and complete idiocracy. I know this place isn't a damn mental ward, so stop making it seem like it.

sunnyice
06-19-2013, 05:10 AM
"Slow clap"

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Agreed. Why can't we all just enjoy what was probably the most intense game so far in this series without having to bash?

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Great post. Mods don't delete or lock this thread, sticky it instead.

Why does everyone here wanna compare LeBron so badly? Who da ******* cares if he's better than Jordan, Kobe, Kwame, Scalabrine or whoever.

Enjoy the series. Forget about whose better or worse than LeBron. Enjoy two of the best teams in the league fighting against each other for the opportunity to hang up that banner.

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Agreed. Why can't we all just enjoy what was probably the most intense game so far in this series without having to bash?

Everyone needs to just make an effort to be a better poster. It's not that hard, in fact, it's way more pleasant to have an intelligent and respectful conversation with someone. There will always be the trolls, always be the annoying people, but the majority of posters on here need to band together and set an example for the rest of this forum. Instead of fighting to keep this place respectable, most of the regular posters have let it flush right down the drain instead of doing something about it.

I'm sick of posting in a place that reminds me of middle school.

It would just be cool if everyone tried to make an effort to be a little bit better just to see how much more pleasant the forum could be.

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Put your name on the list if you are going to make a conscious effort to be a better poster to your fellow PSD comrades:

1. LayBraun

bholly
06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Couldn't agree more. Always felt like there should almost be a separate forum for inter-fanbase trashtalk, so we can keep it from taking over and drowning out every basketball conversation. Maybe that should be the way for major gamethreads - one for the idiots to bash players and each other and cry about Stern and the refs and everything else, and then a separate zero-tolerance one for actual good discussion of the game. Of the course the problem is no mod wants to be around policing it when there's a big finals game on, so the ultimate solution is going to keep being to ditch psd during games - but it would be nice if there was an option for good posters here.

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. Always felt like there should almost be a separate forum for inter-fanbase trashtalk, so we can keep it from taking over and drowning out every basketball conversation. Maybe that should be the way for major gamethreads - one for the idiots to bash players and each other and cry about Stern and the refs and everything else, and then a separate zero-tolerance one for actual good discussion of the game. Of the course the problem is no mod wants to be around policing it when there's a big finals game on, so the ultimate solution is going to keep being to ditch psd during games - but it would be nice if there was an option for good posters here.

To segregate is no good. Yeah, it sounds nice but there is no reason this forum can't be like that in general. It just starts by everyone following the rules and cutting out the BS. I'm sure we could come up with some cool different things we could try to make it a better atmosphere around here and I've thought of a few things already but it's super late so I'll probably put that on paper, so to speak, in the AM.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 06:26 AM
I like the idea of there being a seperate section on PSD that you can only be allowed to enter if you have been a member for a year or so and have a certain ## of posts AND haven't been banned for trolling or other similar activity in the past 90 days.

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 06:36 AM
But how is that fair to the posters like me who have under 1 year join date and a relatively small amount of posts? Why should we be excluded? I think a separate forum is pointless and redundant. We have the forum right here. Maybe we need a fresh staff who is motivated to keeping the activity clean? Maybe everyone just needs to grow up a little bit and hold mature conversations (which is what it ultimately boils down to) ?? Maybe there are some more creative ideas to keep content clean??

There are plenty of things we could do, we just need to decide if we are going to try and then do it.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 06:47 AM
The thing is, everyone is entitled to an opinion. What you find trolling might be someone's legitimate, unbiased opinion. There's no way you can possibly tell unless it is a blatant attempt to troll. This site would be unprofessional if it banned their members for stating their opinion. There are a few that come to mind, but ultimately it's ineffectual.

bholly
06-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think there should be a separate section with special criteria or anything, that's going to be too much trouble and just keep new posters away. At the same time, I don't think it's realistic for everyone to just agree to do better - there'll always be new people coming in who don't care, and as it is most of them already either don't care or think everyone else is more at fault than they are.
I also don't think it's the staff - the mods are all good within the rules, as far as I can tell, it seems to me that the issue is more that the rules and guidelines they have to work within are written with a view towards maximizing traffic rather than getting the best content and discussion, and that isn't going to change.
I reckon just a separate thread would be great. For the most part I'd hope people would self-select pretty well - I think the people who want to just trash talk and do the fanbase fighting know that that's what they want and can stick to that thread - and then just give the threat of zero-tolerance infractions and bans for the good thread to enforce it.
That way nobody's excluded and nobody's forced out and there's no problem with driving people away - and if anything people would be more likely to sign up post because there's more likely to be a conversation of whichever of the two styles they're looking for.

bholly
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM
The thing is, everyone is entitled to an opinion. What you find trolling might be someone's legitimate, unbiased opinion. There's no way you can possibly tell unless it is a blatant attempt to troll. This site would be unprofessional if it banned their members for stating their opinion. There are a few that come to mind, but ultimately it's ineffectual.

I'm not talking about banning for stating opinions. Of course not.
I'm saying anyone can say anything they can say now, they just have to do it in the right place, and respect that one thread doesn't care about certain opinions. ie, anyone's welcome to the opinion that all Lakers fans are idiots, or that Kobe is better than LeBron, or that Bosh is a girl, or whatever - but that those types of opinions and conversations are welcome in one game thread but not the other. One's for trash talking and talking about all the peripheral stuff, and the other is for non-combative discussion of the game.
It's not banning people for stating their opinion - it's creating a place where certain opinions and discussions are seen as disruptive and unwelcome and enforcing that, which is already standard practice (eg, you can't go into another team's forum every day and start a thread criticizing one of their players).

Max.This
06-19-2013, 08:50 AM

This is a funny post. "Unprofessional" I dont get paid money to be a certain way on forums. Their internet selves is an extension of themselves in real life. You should really feel sorry for some of these people cause you can tell they are low class low lifes behind that computer screen. People should be humble that there is a free site in which fanbases can talk to one another about the status of their team. Instead of doing just that, they go beyond and decide to act like a holes when their teams win and a holes when their team loses. It should never be about people belittling others. Why do you think theres so many anti bullying campaigns to prevent kids from being bullied. It just goes to show when there arent set rules on the forum like there is in society, people go ape **** because they start to show who they really are, classless individuals

LOOTERX9
06-19-2013, 09:18 AM
it's a debate forum. no need for segregation. just live with the trash talk if your team sucks or chokes

kduce
06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
From Heat fans saying "trade lebron!!!" to Heat haters laughing and thinking the Spurs won the Finals

I'd like to congratulate everyone who stayed out of that thread because we are the real winners tonight. Doesn't matter who won, doesn't matter who lost. At this point, my hope is that most of you would understand the game of basketball and what I read in there tonight is an absolute sham to this forum. Have some damn respect for where you post. Have some damn compassion for your human counterparts that you converse with quite often. Sure, you don't know who they are but they have their own lives and their own problems. Stop the bashing. Enjoy great basketball. I understand this is where a lot of you vent and talk nonsense but clean it up and have fun with it. Stop ******** all over the floor with irrational statements and complete idiocracy. I know this place isn't a damn mental ward, so stop making it seem like it.

Amen man. People now-a-days see being online as a way to be some kind of *** or person they cant be in real life. I wish more people were genuine when posting and a bit more respectful, it would create more in-depth conversations and give you a look into the mind of another fan base and maybe understand them and how they feel about things and why. I think this place is a great resource for intelligent information and thought sharing, but it is constantly taking two steps back because people would rather be dick heads and annoy people instead of actually having halfway intelligent conversation with other fans of the NBA.

Avenged
06-19-2013, 09:49 AM
This is not the place to talk about how bad the forum and posters are but I hope some of the posters here see what was said. Yesterday was a joke.