PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Backcourt Tandems

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 03:14 AM
I am going to name some players, and I ask you to name the perfect guard to play next to them. I am looking for guards who would compliment this player best on offense and defense, and someone they could share the ball without clashing styles. You can mix eras and all that. Here we go...

Allen Iverson
Dwayne Wade
Michael Jordan
Ray Allen
Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Rajon Rondo
Reggie Miller

dalton749
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
all of them with each other
amidoingitright?

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 03:41 AM
all of them with each other
amidoingitright?

Lol. Just who would be the perfect mate. Like for Iverson, I think Billups would fit well with him. That type of thing.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:48 AM
Don't think Iverson would fit well. People with ego's such as Jordan, Kobe, and Iverson only cared about scoring. I don't think they'll fit well as a collective duo. CP3/Magic/Isiah/GP/Stockton would mesh well with anyone.

SugeKnight
06-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Current: Curry+Harden

mdm692
06-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Steve Nash and Iguodala.

Jroz
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Sidney Deane and Billy Hoyle

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4202017/white-men-can-t-jump-dunk-o.gif

garyraymond23
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
CP3 and Kobe would've been intriguing, Stern done blocked that **** tho

garyraymond23
06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Steve Nash and Ray Allen - from a shooting perspective, just wow.

Jordan and Kobe - good luck stopping them together.

Iverson and Wade - Sounds spectacular, would most likely be disappointing and full of frustration

Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant - if you put together an elite center a top PF this team would win the Championship ... Oh wait ...

Chronz
06-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Interesting thread

Like you alluded, Im listing partners that would bring out the best in the first player while giving his team the best chance to win in doing so. Choosing MJ shouldnt be allowed as this should be about treating the first player as the teams best player. MJ doesn't bring out the best in all of these guys tho he would give every team the best chance to win.

Seems like you want us to focus on offense but defensive chemistry is important too.

Allen Iverson - No such partner exists- Eric Snow I guess.

Dwayne Wade - Gail Goodrich
Michael Jordan - Depends on which years but prolly a guy like
Ray Allen - John Stockton
Derrick Rose - Reggie Miller
Chris Paul - Shane Battier (Im cheating I know)
Steve Nash - Prime Jason Richardson
Kobe Bryant - Mark Price
Rajon Rondo - Michael Redd
Reggie Miller - Chauncey Billups

TheBigChief
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Ever since I was a kid I imagined what it would be like if Stockton played with Shaq...oh the dominance lol

But to answer your question.....I think Derrick Rose and James Harden would be a beautiful thing

diu9leilomo
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
VC and TMAC

Dade County
06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Lbj - Reggie miller
Lbj - Ray Ray
Curry - Prime Wade
Nash - Prime T mac
Rose - Mitch Richmond

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Lbj - Reggie miller
Lbj - Ray Ray
Curry - Prime Wade
Nash - Prime T mac
Rose - Mitch Richmond

LBJ is listed as a SF. Even though he plays all positions, I don't think he counts.

ThaDubs
06-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Current: Curry+Harden

:drool:

Goose17
06-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Allen Iverson - The Glove. Can't think of anyone that works with him chemistry wise, but the Glove doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time (AI does/did) and his defense would make for a nice one-two.

Dwayne Wade - Lebron James (does he count?).

Michael Jordan - Derek Fisher, he is a great motivator and is accustomed to just handing the ball off to the guy on his right and getting out of the way.

Ray Allen - Stephen Curry. Splash brothers 2.0

Derrick Rose - I've always been intrigued by the idea of Eric Gordon and D.Rose playing together.

Chris Paul - Would love to see him play with Mitch Richmond.

Steve Nash - Clyde Drexler, lol.

Kobe Bryant - Magic Johnson (because why the **** not?)

Rajon Rondo - Tim Legler or Dale Ellis. Both can spread the floor well, this will help Rondo considering he can't shoot for spit.

Reggie Miller - Chauncey Billups lol (props to Chronz for that, nice pick, didn't even think of him initially). The first name that popped into my head was actually Isiah.

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Interesting thread

Like you alluded, Im listing partners that would bring out the best in the first player while giving his team the best chance to win in doing so. Choosing MJ shouldnt be allowed as this should be about treating the first player as the teams best player. MJ doesn't bring out the best in all of these guys tho he would give every team the best chance to win.

Seems like you want us to focus on offense but defensive chemistry is important too.

Allen Iverson - No such partner exists- Eric Snow I guess.

Dwayne Wade - Gail Goodrich
Michael Jordan - Depends on which years but prolly a guy like
Ray Allen - John Stockton
Derrick Rose - Reggie Miller
Chris Paul - Shane Battier (Im cheating I know)
Steve Nash - Prime Jason Richardson
Kobe Bryant - Mark Price
Rajon Rondo - Michael Redd
Reggie Miller - Chauncey Billups

If you look back, I did say offense and defense. I think defense might be almost more important in some cases, especially with super talented offensive players who lack on D, especially due to physical limitations. I really like the Nash and J-Rich tandem. I never would have thought of that, but it truly makes sense.

NYKalltheway
06-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Allen Iverson + Latrell Sprewell
Dwayne Wade + Steph Curry
Michael Jordan + Steve Kerr
Ray Allen + Maurice Cheeks
Derrick Rose + Joe Dumars
Chris Paul + Clyde Drexler
Steve Nash + Sidney Moncrief
Kobe Bryant + Derek Harper
Rajon Rondo + John Starks
Reggie Miller + Mark Price

didn't want to use players more than once

Dade County
06-19-2013, 04:08 PM
LBJ is listed as a SF. Even though he plays all positions, I don't think he counts.

Lbj is the best pg in the league... Lmao

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM

I would hate to be the coach of that team.

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Enjoying the answers, guys!

Here are my thoughts

Allen Iverson- Michael Cooper. Might as well throw a big guard who plays great D and doesn't need the ball in there with them. Might need a point forward type to balance things out.

MJ- Dennis Johnson. A guy is versitile, does not need plays set for him or the ball in his hands, is a good chemistry guys, plays D, and is a winner.

Nash- Gonna stick with J-Rich from Chronz.

Wade- Prime Gary Payton. He won a championship with washed up GP, I think in their primes, they could really do damage.

Miller- Billups is a good answer, but I don't want to steal that one, lol. I see Reggie as one of the truest examples of a shooting guard. He is in no way a combo guard, but he is also not the greatest defender. So I am going with a good defender/passer/floor general in Chaun...dangit! Okay, I'll go with Mo Cheeks.

Kobe- Sam Cassell, Kenny Smith, or Derrick Harper all seem like good fits.

CP3- I think someone said it, but Mitch Richmond is a cool pick.

Ray Allen- John Stockton.

Rose- Joe Dumars.

Rondo- Jeff Hornacek. Smart player with great shooting ability.

DreamShaker
06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Dwayne Wade + Steph Curry
Michael Jordan + Steve Kerr
Ray Allen + Maurice Cheeks
Derrick Rose + Joe Dumars
Chris Paul + Clyde Drexler
Steve Nash + Sidney Moncrief
Kobe Bryant + Derek Harper
Rajon Rondo + John Starks
Reggie Miller + Mark Price

didn't want to use players more than once

Oh, wow. You posted while I was typing my list, and had Kobe/Harper and Rose/Dumars as did I. Great minds, I guess!!

Monta is beast
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Curry
McGrady