PDA

View Full Version : Where do you rank game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals?

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 02:46 AM
This is not a thread created to bash referees. We have the game thread for that. Simply put, asides from the calls, what would you rate this game? Don't be biased, I know a lot of you were glued to the screen.

bholly
06-19-2013, 02:55 AM
Very very very highly. Amazing game that I'm just thrilled I got to watch. Not going to rank it against other games or anything, because that's all pretty meaningless, but this is the type of game that being a basketball fan is all about. It's a shame that on here (and elsewhere online) it's just something to fight about, rather than enjoy, but whatever.
This is the type of game (and series) you hope for each year when the playoffs roll around. Can't wait for G7.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 02:59 AM
I said it tonight several times during and after: I think this might be the greatest NBA Finals game I've ever witnessed. I've seen a ton of phenomenal playoff games and several very good Finals games, but very few ever had this much riding on it, had this many huge moments in it or this remarkable of an ending. I'll be 60 years old watching the Finals and still remember this Game 6, regardless of what happens in Game 7.

Shlumpledink
06-19-2013, 03:05 AM
It was okay, a lot of ups and downs. Some terrible plays down the stretch and some great plays. There have been better games in recent memory, but it was the best game of this series.

stawka
06-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Epic, definitely epic. It's been good that it's going to game 7, but most of the games have lacked the excitement that this game had - especially being such a big game

Crazy fourth quarter put together, and OT was intense

naps
06-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Very very high. I mean championship elimination game down 5 points, 28 sec left. I don't think you can find many of these throughout the history. I would love to see a data of similar games throughout.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:09 AM
I said it tonight several times during and after: I think this might be the greatest NBA Finals game I've ever witnessed. I've seen a ton of phenomenal playoff games and several very good Finals games, but very few ever had this much riding on it, had this many huge moments in it or this remarkable of an ending. I'll be 60 years old watching the Finals and still remember this Game 6, regardless of what happens in Game 7.

Great post. The last quarter and OT really nailed it. You could see all the emotion on the court. From Duncan finally realizing that this may be his last time winning it, to James knowing that if they lose, he is going to get hammered with criticism. Game 7 will truly be a great moment, regardless of who wins.

Jtirado16
I think everyone agrees this is one of the best games ever!

naps
Is this the biggest/most important three of Ray Allen's life? I know he's made incredible threes throughout his career. This has to be right up there, if not the most significant. He basically saved the series.

KniCks4LiFe
06-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Probably the greatest NBA Finals game finish ever played.

bholly
06-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Very very high. I mean championship elimination game down 5 points, 28 sec left. I don't think you can find many of these throughout the history. I would love to see a data of similar games throughout.

Def.
Also only the 5th time since 1955 that a team has overcome a 10+ point deficit going into the 4th. Last was 1992. Only the 2nd time when the team was facing elimination.

Korman12
06-19-2013, 03:34 AM
In my regard, the best playoff games in recent memory came during the Conference Playoffs (the Bulls v. Celtics a few years back comes to mind), but this is one of the best finals games in a really long time. Huge final quarter, big performances from the team's best players (LeBron and Duncan), insane final moments, and a lot of vindication for the likes of Ray and Bosh. Just awesome to see.

naps
06-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Def.
Also only the 5th time since 1955 that a team has overcome a 10+ point deficit going into the 4th. Last was 1992. Only the 2nd time when the team was facing elimination.

WoW! That's crazy! I would have imagined it happened a LOT more than what you just said.

bholly
06-19-2013, 04:06 AM
^^ Full list (via @AlokPattaniESPN):

Basketball Reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tscore.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1955&year_max=2013&team_id=&opp_id=&quarter_is_1=Y&quarter_is_2=Y&quarter_is_3=Y&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_overtime=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&order_by=pts_diff&order_by_asc=Y)

Quinnsanity
06-19-2013, 04:10 AM
The best basketball game I've ever seen when you factor in the level of players, the legacies at stake, the amazing comeback, the closeness of overtime (which we're going to forget over time, but it was essentially a one point game) and the sheer volume of memorable moments (Parker's 3, the missed free throws, LeBrons 3, Allen's 3, Bosh's block etc...). I've never seen a better basketball game with all of that factored in, we're going to remember Game 6 forever.

naps
06-19-2013, 04:26 AM

Basketball Reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tscore.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1955&year_max=2013&team_id=&opp_id=&quarter_is_1=Y&quarter_is_2=Y&quarter_is_3=Y&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_overtime=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&order_by=pts_diff&order_by_asc=Y)

Great find bholly! Thanks a lot dude.

The best basketball game I've ever seen when you factor in the level of players, the legacies at stake, the amazing comeback, the closeness of overtime (which we're going to forget over time, but it was essentially a one point game) and the sheer volume of memorable moments (Parker's 3, the missed free throws, LeBrons 3, Allen's 3, Bosh's block etc...). I've never seen a better basketball game with all of that factored in, we're going to remember Game 6 forever.

Nicely put!

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
This was the best basketball game that I have ever seen that's a non Suns game.

I love the comeback by the Heat. And the fact that it was against the Spurs who I hate, just makes it that much better.

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 04:32 AM
In my regard, the best playoff games in recent memory came during the Conference Playoffs (the Bulls v. Celtics a few years back comes to mind), but this is one of the best finals games in a really long time. Huge final quarter, big performances from the team's best players (LeBron and Duncan), insane final moments, and a lot of vindication for the likes of Ray and Bosh. Just awesome to see.

True that bulls vs celtic series was epic. But this game 6 is one of the best basketball games ive ever seen. Top 5 for sure.

amos1er
06-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Honestly one of the best games I have seen in a while. Though I didn't like the outcome, I have to admit that I enjoyed every minute as a basketball/NBA fan. Truly epic! Last game I watched that good had to have been the 2010 NBA finals game 7. Though I like the outcome of that one a lot better. :D

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Best I've ever seen.

Allen's clutch 3. Lebron's clutch 3. Bosh's clutch block and offensive rebounds. Lebron's clutch run to lead the team to tie the game in the 4th. Parker's clutch plays. All of this happening in an elimination game of the NBA Finals with 2 great teams with all time greats.

A lot of people clutch tonight.

kubernetes
06-19-2013, 04:38 AM
One of best I've ever seen. Duncan's first half, Lebron taking control in the 4th, Ray Allen's shot, the tragedy of Manu. Hell, just watching Lebron's face go through a Shakespearian play's worth of emotions. Even Mike Miller's one-shoe-three and Lebron losing the headband. It was pretty epic.

/edit -- oh yeah, and Bosh's monster performance in the 4th and OT. The rebounds and blocks at critical moments? Just awesome.

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 04:45 AM
One of best I've ever seen. Duncan's first half, Lebron taking control in the 4th, Ray Allen's shot, the tragedy of Manu. Hell, just watching Lebron's face go through a Shakespearian play's worth of emotions. Even Mike Miller's one-shoe-three and Lebron losing the headband. It was pretty epic.

Great post! How can i forget the 1 shoe 3. Maaan this game had everything you wanted. Even the khwae leonard facial on miller!

SugeKnight
06-19-2013, 04:54 AM
You forgot Duncan's clutch first half. 25 points on like 13 shots

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Honestly one of the best games I have seen in a while. Though I didn't like the outcome, I have to admit that I enjoyed every minute as a basketball/NBA fan. Truly epic! Last game I watched that good had to have been the 2010 NBA finals game 7. Though I like the outcome of that one a lot better. :D

Respect, completely agree. Glad you kept the bashing away from this thread :D

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
From a storyline and emotional standpoint? This was probably one of the biggest games in Lebron and Duncan's careers.

This is Duncan's chance to win his fifth, tying him with Kobe Bryant in rings. While I personally think he was the more dominant player during the 2000's, matching him would sure as hell be an accomplishment.

Meanwhile, this is Lebron's legacy as a winner at stake as well. If the Spurs lose, they take some bashing for a week or so, but all will be forgotten after and their big three along with Pop will still be remembered as one of the greatest dynasties of all time. For the Miami Heat, this is their defining moment. Whether or not they can come back against the most consistent team in the league and take their place as a dynasty. If they lose, there's a whole nother year of **** talking about how Lebron's a loser and how he can't win.

Game 6 was amazing, just seeing the desperation on the Heat in those last 30 seconds. With their backs against the wall, they delivered. Game 7 will hopefully be just as exciting as this one, it'll be hard for me to watch either of these teams lose tbh, they're both great organizations with top class players.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Bulls vs Blazers 1992 game 6 or Bulls vs Jazz 1997 Game 6 or 1998 Game 6 are up there. I think LAL vs Detroit 1988 was similar to this game though or even Houston vs NYK game 6 1994.

RowBTrice
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
I rank it top 3 for sure............for conspiracy.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
in recent memory, this was the best game but if go and rewind some game tape, there's gonna be a few in the last 13 years or so.

Some non-Finals games were good as well.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Might be the best game I have ever watched when all factors are put into it. Duncan's legacy rises and LeBron's takes a massive hit if the Spurs close that game out in the fashion they were mid 3rd. But the monster plays on both ends, with Miller's one shoe bomb, LeBron going nova after losing his headband, Parker's long, long bomb in Bron's face, and then Ray Allen's ice veins.

I am hoping game 7 provides the same excitement. Last night was an incredible game to watch.

NYKalltheway
06-19-2013, 10:07 AM
One of the best games overall in the decade and among the top Finals games of all time. Had pretty much everything, be it good or bad stuff.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Good game, but these days anytime there is a good game/dunk/play/etc., everybody immediately jumps on it like "was that the best ever?"

Likely no.

FYL_McVeezy
06-19-2013, 10:27 AM
I've been watching Basketball since 93, 94 when I was a kid (just to give you a context of what games I have seen)

This was the best game I've seen all season by far....

And this just might have been the best game I have seen in the NBA finals EVER.....

ElChinoLatino
06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Great game, comparable to 2011 Game 2 Finals. Instant classic.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Good game, but these days anytime there is a good game/dunk/play/etc., everybody immediately jumps on it like "was that the best ever?"

Likely no.

Okay. If this is not the greatest NBA Finals game you've ever seen, name one which was better in your opinion. Personally, I've seen a ton of great Finals games, and this one probably tops them all.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
You can look at it as great comeback, or great choke. But it was only a 10 or game going into the 4th. But Both teams made mistakes late which made it a great game. The entire 4th it was anyone's game.

heyman321
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I would put Game 2 2011 NBA Finals above it, I was screaming more at the screen more than this one.

Hangtime
06-19-2013, 11:31 AM
This game stands out because of the many clutch performances from players on both teams. I love watching competitive ball and Miami didn't give up even when I thought it was over. I was already thinking about who should get the MVP trophy.

ManRam
06-19-2013, 11:39 AM
One of the best I've ever seen. I thought for sure the Heat were done, especially after the fumbles by LeBron late in the game.

ManRam
06-19-2013, 11:39 AM

Whoa!

This post! :clap:

Nats_vcu-Okc35
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I will forever remember this game as "The Headband Game."