PDA

View Full Version : Should Wade and Ginobili both be benched next game?

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
I know both these guys have done A LOT for their respective franchises but no question that both are struggling mighty this series. Wade almost cost the Heat the game because of the fact that he couldn't even hit rim in the 4th quarter and OT and Ginobili is just a mess all around.

He flops so much that refs don't give him the call even when is actually fouled. Nobody's fault but his.

Should Allen/Battier start in place of Wade and Neal/Diaw start in place of Ginobili in game 7?

At this point this isn't about insulting yours stars or making them feel bad...its about doing whatever it takes to win one more damn game imo.

Nick O
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
it should just be bosh and Allen vs Duncan and Green.. 2 on 2..

Hellcrooner
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
They four ( the three grandpas and coach granpa) should reatire already, dont even waste our time with the 7th game.

Way to DESTROY your legacy.

Nick O
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
but honestly if the spurs lose the finals its basically manu's fault.. hes brutal. and flops more than any heat player ever has. he shouldnt be starting thats for sure

Hellcrooner
06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
They should not even waste our time presenting themselves for the 7th game.

Just flight home.

And San Antonio citizens shoudl receive them baseball bat in hand and give them what they have earned.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Here's an interesting stat: Heat are -57 when LeBron and Wade are both in the game at the same time.

The best lineup for Miami is Chalmers/Allen/Miller/LeBron/Anderson

ChitownBears22
06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No

You play with they key pieces that got you there.

shep33
06-19-2013, 09:15 PM
As a fan of basketball, without question the best basketball of this series seems to be when neither of these guys are on the court. Yeah they had their moment in spurts, but those two have had some unbelievably bad stretches. Ginobili has been way way worse than Wade though.

This doesn't mean completely bench either guy, but instead maybe trimming their minutes

canefandynasty
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I know both these guys have done A LOT for their respective franchises but no question that both are struggling mighty this series. Wade almost cost the Heat the game because of the fact that he couldn't even hit rim in the 4th quarter and OT and Ginobili is just a mess all around.

He flops so much that refs don't give him the call even when is actually fouled. Nobody's fault but his.

Should Allen/Battier start in place of Wade and Neal/Diaw start in place of Ginobili in game 7?

At this point this isn't about insulting yours stars or making them feel bad...its about doing whatever it takes to win one more damn game imo.
Wade has had a couple of all time great Finals performances already. I doubt you'd want to leave him on the bench.

sunsfan88
06-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Wade has had a couple of all time great Finals performances already. I doubt you'd want to leave him on the bench.

Not the whole time but I don't think its smart to start him. He's clearly ailing and his body's not right and his jumper is at about the same level as Dwight's FTs so maybe its best to rest him.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Lebron has played better playing when Wade is on the bench statistically.

Manu is hit and miss. But they need size inside to protect the paint.

KingstonHawke
06-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Wade should come off the bench. I've been saying that for a while. His lack of shooting messes up the spacing of the floor. And to be effective he needs the ball which reduces what Lebron gives you. Wade should be used in spurts and on defense. But the starting lineup should be Chalmers, Allen, Miller, James, Bosh. That way Lebron can pick and roll the, to death, or if they go small go to the block, force doubles, and kick to shooters.

When Wade does come in, I'd like to see James at the 4, and Wade and James can run some pick and rolls with James as the roll man. Bosh plays more like a small forward anyway. And this way they make Duncan work on defense. They haven't taken advantage of the Spurs age at all so far.

ManRam
06-20-2013, 10:21 AM
No. But if they struggle it should be considered. Tight leashes I guess.

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
You don't bench important players for Game 7 of the finals....maybe Parker, Green, Duncan, Lebron, Bosh, and Mario should be benched as well.

sunsfan88
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
You don't bench important players for Game 7 of the finals....maybe Parker, Green, Duncan, Lebron, Bosh, and Mario should be benched as well.

No because those players are actually helping their respective teams. Wade and Ginobili isn't.

Lim
06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
both need to retire. seriously.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2013, 05:06 PM
both need to retire. seriously.

Poor child. Why would they retire? They are still integral portions of a team. They might not be "the man" anymore. But leadership, knowledge, and above average talent is still worth having on a team.