PDA

View Full Version : Wilborn on ABC"championship trophy was been rolled onto court"

4milesperday
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
He said everyone thought it was over and the NBA were already preparing championship celebration

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Crazy!!

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 02:28 AM
I thought so, too.

Iron24th
06-19-2013, 02:29 AM
lol tough for spurs, if they want to avoid that terrible feeling, there's no other choice than going hard in game 7 and win.

naps
06-19-2013, 02:36 AM
damn tough loss for the Spurs. I would be hearbroken losing a championship clincher up 5, 28 sec left.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 03:03 AM
I wonder if this is going to be one of those stories people tell about this series years later. "Remember Game 6 of the 2013 Finals when the Spurs were up 5 with 28 seconds left and lost the game after they were about to wheel the Finals Trophy onto the court? They haven't won a title since." I can easily see this becoming some sort of crazy sports curse.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 04:20 AM
NBA Setting Up Spurs Championship Celebration During Game 6 Irritated Heat Players

As the Heat trailed by 10 points entering the fourth quarter, the NBA began to prep for a Spurs postgame championship ceremony which irritated LeBron James and Chris Bosh and helped fuel a furious rally that resulted in a OT and Heat 103-100 win to force a Game 7.

According to the Miami Herald:

“I noticed it,” James said. “We saw the championship board already out there, the yellow tape. That’s why you play the game to the final buzzer. To come out with a win like that makes it greater, when you’re able to will everything you have as individuals and have a game like this.”

Said Dwyane Wade: “When they brought out that yellow rope and you know you’re not the one that’s going to celebrate, we keep fighting and believing.”

Chris Bosh: "They started bringing out that yellow tape and I got pissed off."

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/06/19/nba-setting-up-spurs-championship-celebration-during-game-6-irritated-heat-players/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BeyondTheBuzzer+%28Beyond+The +Buzzer%29

Reminds me of the famous phrase "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"

PhillyFaninLA
06-19-2013, 04:45 AM
delete

kubernetes
06-19-2013, 04:51 AM
The conspiracy theorists will still say it was a ploy to throw us off the obvious game-rigging.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Not gonna lie, kinda ironic provided Lebron's early celebration in the fourth quarter of last year's finals.

I know they were up by far more than the Spurs were but the whole idea's the same to me.

naps
06-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Not gonna lie, kinda ironic provided Lebron's early celebration in the fourth quarter of last year's finals.

I know they were up by far more than the Spurs were but the whole idea's the same to me.

You obviously haven't watched last year's final. The game was over practically, literally, and by every means when LeBron started throwing his arms.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Ironic, how? Miami were up like 20-30 at that point.

Max.This
06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
It was Ray allen who shot the game tying shot and Ray allen in the overtime with a foul/turnover on ginobli. Why is this about it motivating the big 3 when Lebron bricked the last three, Chris bosh mauling Green and Dwayne wade messing up the game by coming in. If they had left mike miller in instead of wade, this game wouldve been sealed. This was Ray allen's win, Lebron was supposed to do what he did by getting 30 points. Ray allen is a role player, he stepped up

Heatcheck
06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
It was Ray allen who shot the game tying shot and Ray allen in the overtime with a foul/turnover on ginobli. Why is this about it motivating the big 3 when Lebron bricked the last three, Chris bosh mauling Green and Dwayne wade messing up the game by coming in. If they had left mike miller in instead of wade, this game wouldve been sealed. This was Ray allen's win, Lebron was supposed to do what he did by getting 30 points. Ray allen is a role player, he stepped up

Damn...so a triple double with 30 pts is simply what he's suppose to do.

And it was Ray's win why? because he made the shot? oh thats right i forgot nothing important ever happens off the ball in basketball

KnickaBocka.44
06-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Damn...so a triple double with 30 pts is simply what he's suppose to do.

And it was Ray's win why? because he made the shot? oh thats right i forgot nothing important ever happens off the ball in basketball

Those numbers are closer to his season averages than what he had been doing in previous games, so yeah.

Lebron has his own standards to uphold.

RiceOnTheRun
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Those numbers are closer to his season averages than what he had been doing in previous games, so yeah.

Lebron has his own standards to uphold.

Agree with this one. If we're looking at it from league average terms, Lebron's been having a great series so far. But as the best player in the league, I don't think it's too harsh to expect a bit more from him. Especially when his team is on the brink of elimination. He had a great game, and I think he met his expectations. Hitting 30/10/10 is no joke, especially with a 16 point 4th quarter.

Ironic, how? Miami were up like 20-30 at that point.

I'm aware of that, but the whole idea of celebrating before a game was over I meant. I mean, I could only imagine KD was probably feeling the same way during the remaining minutes when he was looking over at the Heat bench. Nothing against them for that, but I still think it's a bit ironic that they're the ones with their backs against the walls now compared to last year's cake walk in the finals.

Big Zo
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Agree with this one. If we're looking at it from league average terms, Lebron's been having a great series so far. But as the best player in the league, I don't think it's too harsh to expect a bit more from him. Especially when his team is on the brink of elimination. He had a great game, and I think he met his expectations. Hitting 30/10/10 is no joke, especially with a 16 point 4th quarter.

I'm aware of that, but the whole idea of celebrating before a game was over I meant. I mean, I could only imagine KD was probably feeling the same way during the remaining minutes when he was looking over at the Heat bench. Nothing against them for that, but I still think it's a bit ironic that they're the ones with their backs against the walls now compared to last year's cake walk in the finals.

The game was over. There's no way a team can come back from that margin with such little time left, and with their starters already taken out. It's only natural to celebrate like that when you know the championship is yours for sure.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 02:50 PM
The conspiracy theorists will still say it was a ploy to throw us off the obvious game-rigging.

It clearly was.

...not.