PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Choke Job By The Spurs

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Okay so how in the flying fu** are you going to let yourselves get dominated like that in the 4th? I highly doubt in game 7 the Spurs get the jump on Miami again like this. They NEEDED to close it tonight, now Miami wins game 7. So much choking. Leonard free throw, stupid turnovers. I mean how the FU** do you let Allen get a 3 instead of intentionally fouling for 2 or at least playing a 3-2 zone. Why the fu** did Pop have Duncan on the bench when the Heat got 3 offensive rebounds in one minute? Idiots cost themselves a 5th title.

justinnum1
06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Thank you spurs!!!!

bootleg42
06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Okay so how in the flying fu** are you going to let yourselves get dominated like that in the 4th? I highly doubt in game 7 the Spurs get the jump on Miami again like this. They NEEDED to close it tonight, now Miami wins game 7. So much choking. Leonard free throw, stupid turnovers. I mean how the FU** do you let Allen get a 3 instead of intentionally fouling for 2 or at least playing a 3-2 zone. Why the fu** did Pop have Duncan on the bench when the Heat got 3 offensive rebounds in one minute? Idiots cost themselves a 5th title.

I agree. Big choke. Spurs should have had this one.

bholly
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
This was an amazing amazing game between two exceptional teams. Game of the season, and probably longer.

There doesn't always have to be a 'choker'. Just enjoy it.

Sly Guy
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
spurs didn't execute. It's on their own heads. Miami was there for the taking. Parker looked like Lebron out there....Hero ball is not spurs ball.

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
This was an amazing amazing game between two exceptional teams. Game of the season, and probably longer.

Ask Spurs fans.. I've been pulling for their team pretty hard in the finals so not like I'm just being a di**. They flat out choked, hell no I won't enjoy it. Looked well on their way to a 5th title and get outscored by Lebron alone with idiotic error after idiotic error.

jerellh528
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
No spurs should have won. TWO ENOURMOUS NONcalls by the refs gave the heat the W

cmellofan15
06-19-2013, 12:20 AM

this.

and also, you can't just expect a team to shoot 65% every damn quarter. they messed up for once.

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Spurs choked. Should of fouled but didn't and didn't make freethrows.

Ty Fast
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Thank you spurs!!!!

thank u refs

Clippersfan86
No spurs should have won. TWO ENOURMOUS NONcalls by the refs gave the heat the W

Agree but they put themselves in that position to begin with by making idiotic decisions. Threw the ball into Lebron's hands twice for turnovers late in the game. Kawhi missed free throw in the biggest moment of his life. Duncan on bench which allowed Miami to DOMINATE the offensive glass late in the game. Then predictable plays late in the game and weird substitutions.

Up 10 to start 4th... let Heat back to tie, then 11-0 run with like 5 min left or w/e. I mean they could have easily won this game.

JC_
It's like they thought they had won it with a min left so they were just chilling, waiting to celebrate.

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:22 AM
It's like they thought they had won it with a min left so they were just chilling, waiting to celebrate.

Pretty much. Relaxed the D. That's the only way Lebron gets offensive rebounds late leading to two 3's (one by Lebron, one by Allen).

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
But also Ginobili has to get a lot of blame. Horrible turnovers at crucial moments.

mdm692
06-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Thank you spurs!!!!
There you are. We didn't see you the last couple minutes of the 4th and all of OT.

CTCUBBIES
Pops is included in this. Duncan should have been in those last two defensive possessions of regulation. He's gotten a lot of credit this series and he screwed up big time at the biggest of moments.

Hawkeye15
Because they went up against the best player in the planet, and he woke up for 8 minutes?

Hellcrooner
06-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Dudes, havent you been taught to not mock the eldery no matter how senile and decrepit?
Its a miracle the bunch of granpas came this far..

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-19-2013, 12:29 AM
It's okay. There's still another game. Havent won yet heat fans.

MTL_123
06-19-2013, 12:30 AM
well im happy they lost but miami could have easily have lost down 4 with like 22sec lebron disappearing the 1st 3 quarters. Miami is lucky they won

jerellh528
06-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Refs saved Miami's season. Even the most blind miami homer can't deny that.

Snakeyestx
06-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I lost count after their 600th turnover of the game.

That and the missed call on Ginobili there towards the end - then again, they DID let them play it out on both sides.

JordansBulls

When you up 5 points with 30 seconds left in the 4th and lose the lead and the game is tied by the end of the 4th that is a choke no matter how you slice it, especially when you are in the clinching game.

Clippersfan86
well im happy they lost but miami could have easily have lost down 4 with like 22sec lebron disappearing the 1st 3 quarters. Miami is lucky they won

Don't get me wrong I had Spurs in 6 but you guys got this series now, I'm confident of that. NO WAY the next game goes the same way where Spurs have like 3-4 10-0+ runs

jerellh528
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
I understand it's the final moments of the FINALS, but the refs have to call those no matter what kinda hate the fans in the stands will give them. The last two obvious noncalls literally saved miami's season.

macc
06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
But also Ginobili has to get a lot of blame. Horrible turnovers at crucial moments.

EXACTLY. He has been prob the worst player of this series. He's had one good game all playoffs. Pop needs to smarten up and put Neal in the game over Ginobli. He is just not the same guy. He's playing injured, playing dumb. He just needs to sit down. Esp down the stretch. He killed his team in those last few possessions. As great of a coach Pop is. He should recognize Ginobli is killing his team right now. Throw in Neal or even t-mac, both could very easily match G's production this series.

b@llhog24
06-19-2013, 12:34 AM

Agreed. Everyone's a critic.

bullocks
06-19-2013, 12:35 AM
I agree with OP def a choke. Up 10 to start, up 5 with 25 secs left. Wow make a free throw or get a board and the games done. Worst thing is LeBron failed HARD with under 2 mins left and people are sucking him off now. Oh well.

bucketss
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
There you are. We didn't see you the last couple minutes of the 4th and all of OT.

as a suns fun you should be happy about this, i mean since they cost your team a chip with their diry play.

Teeboy1487
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Pop made the same mistake Vogel did. He took Duncan out defensively which crush their rebounding chances.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
It's been awhile since I've been this depressed about a loss...and I don't even like the Spurs.

MTL_123
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I understand it's the final moments of the FINALS, but the refs have to call those no matter what kinda hate the fans in the stands will give them. The last two obvious noncalls literally saved miami's season.

the irony a laker fan is saying this :laugh:

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM
It's been awhile since I've been this depressed about a loss...and I don't even like the Spurs.

Same. I'm emotionally affected like this is a Clippers playoff loss. I'm beyond pissed. SO MANY chances to close this **** out and end the season, sending 37 year old Duncan off like a hero (I think he retires if he wins ring) and now Miami likely wins back to back titles.

JC_
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM

If officiating was actually good the Heat would have probably won the series already. The Spurs gave this one away by playing passive.

LakersMaster24
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM
All of a sudden people disregard Lebron's atrocious FG%.

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM

Look I'm going for the Spurs but that's dumb. When it counted he carried Miami to a W and a game 7 back home. Lebron earned his way off the hook tonight.

justinnum1
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM

:dance:

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Ginobli cost them the game

Chronz
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Echoing what bholly said, it was a great game, its only a horrible game if you have a rooting interest in the outcome. I put actually no money in these Finals so its kind of refreshing for me to just sit back and watch.

The only thing Im hoping for is extended garbage time in G.7

Let Tmac score double digits

TestedWest
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Pops questionable coaching decisions at the end. Pop just insulted a European reporter too. They obviously choked and we are started to see a side of the Spurs we have never seen before. Miami will definitely come into game 7 more determined imo

MTL_123
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM

plz tell me your joking some games kobe shoots terribly and hits the game winner and no one talks about it so shut it

Hellcrooner
06-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Echoing what holly said, it was a great game, its only a horrible game if you have a rooting interest in the outcome. I put actually no money in these Finals so its kind of refreshing for me to just sit back and watch.

The only thing Im hoping for is extended garbage time in G.7

Let Tmac score double digits

Yeah, the icing on the cake of Tmacs "Spinal Tap" like career.

DOuble digints in a LOST finals he got lucky to piggy ride and that they actually were 22 seconds away from winning before becoming completley stupid :D

Teeboy1487
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Good thing I don't like the Spurs :cheers:.

Jarvo
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Kawhi, Manu & Parker missed free throws and two huge no calls. But they choked man, choked.

tmacsc2
06-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Just a huge choke Job by Manu. 8 TOs really? After a fabulous game 5 he comes back with that?

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Spurs really gave this game away.

Lets be honest now. With the end of quarter 4 - that was on the spurs to close out the series.

macc
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Ginobli cost them the game

Yup. I don't understand why more people aren't talking about how ineffective G has been this entire series (except one game). Put in T-Mac or at least Neal. Neal has had a great series and has been playing aggressive. Ginobli is trying to do to much and it's resulting in costly turnovers.

This isn't Ginobli of 2006-7-8-9. He's injured and a shell of himself. Get him out of the game. In his mind he's thinking he's the best SG in the NBA then he just turns the ball over.

Get mad at the refs all you want but if Ginobli wasn't playing hero ball he wouldn't be begging the refs to bail him out in those tough plays

tmacsc2
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
I wish Tmac would have got in that game fresh legs dominate in basketball.

jam
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Agreed, and co=signed.

Jarvo
06-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Im shaking and down right sad how in the hell do you comeback from that?

shep33
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Honestly feel bad for Spurs fans.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Agreed, and co=signed.

what? the Ginobili travel and the blocked shot?

ztilzer31
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
THere were bad calls on both sides of the floor.

WHat about when LBJ lost his head band?

What about the non flagrant foul when Ginobli eblows LBJ in the face?

What about the drive, and obvious foul by duncan at the end of the 3rd?

Blaming one play is so ridiculous. There were a bunch of bad calls. Truth is Spurs came out playing like **** in the 4th. They let the Heat come back. THAT is why they lost.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 01:09 AM
I wish Tmac would have got in that game fresh legs dominate in basketball.

Stephen Jackson would have done wonders for the Spurs.

ztilzer31
06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Oh yeah, and what about the two obvious flops by the Spurs in the second half? You're not talking about those just because the Spurs lost.

It's just ridiculous.

bootypants
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM

Miami didnt get calls all 4th what are you saying..... i had spurs fans in my bar say "wow, we would be flipping tables"....

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Damn you really have to dig deep to comeback from a loss like that. I would be dejected as a player although theres still game 7 this was the spurs game to win. If the spurs do pull this off i would be suprised.

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Play gary neal and bench ginobli. Gary neal is a good player.

amos1er
06-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Spurs really gave this game away.

Lets be honest now. With the end of quarter 4 - that was on the spurs to close out the series.

I completely agree. The Spurs have to be kicking themselves in the arse right now. They really let that one get away. I expect them to be extra motivated in game 7 though. Should be a great game.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Lol at intentionally fouling. Parker got there when Allen was just about to release the ball.

kubernetes
06-19-2013, 04:49 AM

Yeah, but he came up big in the fourth when it counted. A Win absolves all anyway.

And I pin this on Ginobili. He just made horrible turnovers and horrible shots at all the wrong moments. It would have been fine if he just didn't show up, but he was hurting his team more often than not.

bholly
06-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Lol at intentionally fouling. Parker got there when Allen was just about to release the ball.

They obviously aren't talking about fouling Allen on the 3, they're talking about intentionally fouling ANYONE before the play even got to a shot. 3 points up, 5 second left, making them catch you with two free throws at a time instead of getting a chance at tying it. It's a legit and common strategy, and many (not just on here) were surprised they didn't use it.

sammyvine
06-19-2013, 05:14 AM
they choked big time

never thought a team with tim duncan would be such chokers

K0BE8124
06-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Duncan played as good of a game as you can ****ing play at 37, the blame is fully on pop, you have 1 min left you are up, couple questionable subs, Manu is probably going to retire after this winner lose he is done, Parker had a horrible game, lenerd played very good, but the heat put the pressure gota give ten credit. Game 7 is around the corner, either way spurs will make history win or lose.

Guppyfighter
06-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Threads like this one is exactly why the NBA forum is considered the worst. Good job, CF

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2013, 06:16 AM
The officiating kept the Heat in the game, no doubt, but the Spurs gave this one away. I love Pop, but why was Duncan not in the game? This reminded me of Vogel taking Hibbert out. And why did the guys not foul before Ray got behind the arc?

I'm so upset right now.

LayBraun
06-19-2013, 06:20 AM
The officiating kept the Heat in the game, no doubt, but the Spurs gave this one away. I love Pop, but why was Duncan not in the game? This reminded me of Vogel taking Hibbert out. And why did the guys not foul before Ray got behind the arc?

I'm so upset right now.

Would like to know where you thought the refs kept the Heat in the game? If anything, it was the opposite in my opinion. That offensive foul call on LeBron against Parker was atrocious. The two no calls were PERFECT no calls and the Spurs missed FREE THROWS in crunch time to blow the game.

naps
06-19-2013, 06:41 AM

Great contribution by another kobephile #Storyoftheirlives

I love how people complain about refs when Miami wins but these same people act all good and fair when Miami lose.

None of those two calls you are complaining were fouls. If anything Manu should been called for his travel when he took 100 steps on that play but he got lucky. And last play was a clean block by Bosh. Miami would have won this game easily if the refs weren't ignoring all the calls when LeBron was getting hammered every time he took the ball inside tonight. Just take it in. You seem to have fun when Miami loses so you should be able to man up when they win instead of crying and whining.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 06:41 AM

I'm so upset right now.

Sorry to pop your bubble, but Spurs had the favorable calls this entire series. Tony Parker has outflopped everyone, yet no fine. LeBron and Wade get hammered in the paint, 1-4 fouls per game each? Sorry, doesn't add up. Spurs have gotten more FTA and less fouls called against them -big time. As for those last two calls regarding Gino/Green, Gino was traveling. Green's momentum caused his arm to hit Bosh and therefore he falls because of it. If you wanted the game to be called evenly, it would only be fair to call an illegal screen against Tiago Splitter on that last play.

naps
06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
The officiating kept the Heat in the game, no doubt

What game were you watching? Miami would have won rather handily and LeBron would be resting last 2 mins of the game if refs were calling it right tonight.

PhillyFaninLA
06-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Choke yes, because in the history of sports no team has ever impacted the other team late in a game, especially in the finals.

ldawg
06-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Pop lost this one bad timing on his subs that rebound by bosh was huge and not having parker to push the ball.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Damn you really have to dig deep to comeback from a loss like that. I would be dejected as a player although theres still game 7 this was the spurs game to win. If the spurs do pull this off i would be suprised.

Well Pacers lost heartbreaker in game 1 in Miami and then won game 2. Maybe Spurs can do same thing in game 7

hoggin88
06-19-2013, 08:47 AM
People saying Bosh's final block was a foul are insane. I seriously have no idea what planet you must be living on to think that was a foul.

If the tables were turned and Tim Duncan stuffed Ray Allen like that you guys would not be crying foul.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 08:47 AM

And what calls were those? The Ginobili "foul" where he traveled before he was fouled?

Let me guess, Green fouling Lebron and Miller being slapped in the face by Leonard, those calls are okay to miss. Right?

There was missed calls on both ends. People need to stop blaming refs and making up B.S theories about the league being rigged it's just exhausting to read this mindless drivel from casual fans who know nothing about the game. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Jarvo
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Idk what in the **** Pop was thinking having Duncan on the Bench and Manu in the game at that point.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't blame the spurs for choking most of the 4th, Miami and their crowd made much of that happen.

The thing I'm disappointed in is putting Duncan on the bench and giving up 2 offensive rebounds which turned into 6 points late in the game. Get any of those 2 boards and series is over. Make a free throw late and series is over. Spurs really handed the game to Miami after playing such a great game for 3 quarters.

Last thing, I'm sure lebron will get praise for the 4th quarter, but he disappeared for much of that game. I think he should be criticized for that despite coming through in the end.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't blame the spurs for choking most of the 4th, Miami and their crowd made much of that happen.

The thing I'm disappointed in is putting Duncan on the bench and giving up 2 offensive rebounds which turned into 6 points late in the game. Get any of those 2 boards and series is over. Make a free throw late and series is over. Spurs really handed the game to Miami after playing such a great game for 3 quarters.

Last thing, I'm sure lebron will get praise for the 4th quarter, but he disappeared for much of that game. I think he should be criticized for that despite coming through in the end.

as if he hasn't had enough already.

DirkDiggler6
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Are you talking about manu's travel and Bosh's CLEAN block on green? Its no coincidence you'r no Nba ref

cbs9889
06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
i don't even remember the spurs making a FT all game lol thats what would have won them the game

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Are you talking about manu's travel and Bosh's CLEAN block on green? Its no coincidence you'r no Nba ref

i don't think it was clean as he got Green with the lower body - but he did block the shot as well - If Green had clean shot but got hit on the body- I think a foul call was warranted.

The Block was clean but a foul could have been called for the body contact.

but if people are going to whine about that call. How about Tiago Splitter with the illegal screen for Green to get free. no one wants to talk about that though.

8kobe24
06-19-2013, 11:30 AM
i don't think it was clean as he got Green with the lower body - but he did block the shot as well - If Green had clean shot but got hit on the body- I think a foul call was warranted.

but if people are going to whine about that call. How about Tiago Splitter with the illegal screen for Green to get free. no one wants to talk about that though.

Refs swallow their whistle on close games unless it was blatant. Refs want to get home safely too you know...

Heatcheck
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Refs swallow their whistle on close games unless it was blatant. Refs want to get home safely too you know...

this isnt soccer, no one's scared of nba fans

DirkDiggler6
06-19-2013, 12:24 PM

The body contact was very minimal on that play, refs were letting alot of contact in this game. If the play that gave the spurs the 5 point lead were duncan just MMA wrestled bosh to the floor that gave gino an open lane wasnt called. You cant expect them to make that call either. People cry refs but get this

NEW NBA FINALS RECORD*
Miami was called for 15 fouls in the 3rd period, the previous record was 13 yet people claim refs helped Miami lol smh, i agree with splitters illegal screen, just caught it

KingPosey
06-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Ya the Spurs HAD to win this one, missing free throws was brutal.

Ginobli needs to be a big scapegoat in this as well. His entry passes were TERRIBLE and dangerous EVERY single time and his turnovers and sloppy play cost them a lot of points in the 4th. That awful play he made right at the end was stupid as well.

I HOPE they can fight in game 7 but what a harsh swing. That gave Miami such a mental boost it could be over. That was such a kick in the stomach.

The refs played no part in this, it was pretty clean on their part.

Swift Game
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
This loss is completely on Greg Popovich no doubt in my mind. I did not think pop was capable of being responsible for a loss.

Leaving Parker on the bench with a 10 point lead in the 4th Quarter with like 8 minutes left was the 1st big mistake. Then on 2 critical possessions with the game on the line taking out Tim Duncan the best rebounder on the team out was inexcusable to cover the 3 point shooters. Those 2 possessions coincidentally turned into 2 Offensive rebounds and converted to 3 pointers... monumental mistake...this lost the game for them..

In addition to Parker/Leonard/Ginobli missing free throws that also would have sealed the game. Then Kawai not taking a timeout with 7 seconds left in OT with Parker on the bench...They had one time out left to draw up a play, and that goes on Pop as well because he should have prepped the rebounder to take the time out. 5 point lead with 30 seconds left was also unbelievable.

Miami stuck in there and won the game due to the mistakes. Even if Miami wins game 7 to me this does not show me anything new about Lebron...He did make the one three on the 2nd attempt, but prior to that 3 turnovers ( Danny Green ) with under 2 minutes left and missed countless huge shots that would have turned the tide for Miami.

Game 7 clearly favors Miami and I am not sure if Duncan and Parker can recover fast enough for this one. I still cannot believe the Spurs did not close this one out..I though it was over in the 4th.

lavilevi23
06-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Great contribution by another kobephile #Storyoftheirlives

I love how people complain about refs when Miami wins but these same people act all good and fair when Miami lose.

None of those two calls you are complaining were fouls. If anything Manu should been called for his travel when he took 100 steps on that play but he got lucky. And last play was a clean block by Bosh. Miami would have won this game easily if the refs weren't ignoring all the calls when LeBron was getting hammered every time he took the ball inside tonight. Just take it in. You seem to have fun when Miami loses so you should be able to man up when they win instead of crying and whining.

This.

Chronz
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM

I'm so upset right now.
No doubt? Then why was Duncan illegally allowed in the game? Why so many no calls when Bron was clearly hammered? Plz stop whining, why does every great player have to suffer through this BS? Then again you're also convinced MJ was gifted rings as well so I can at least respect the consistency

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I lost a shitload of money last night, hate Miami as much as anyone, and I'm not going to sit here and blame the refs for that epic meltdown. You want to ***** and moan and point fingers at someone? Look no further than Manu Ginobili. **** that guy.

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
If Manu did not play that game, Spurs would of won pretty easily.

8 turnovers! :vomit:

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Watch for Manu coming out with a performance like he did in game 5. Considering retirement, and maybe his last game and what not, he is gonna want to redeem himself and help his team win it all.

RiLoc
06-19-2013, 02:51 PM
On and off court plus minus for Manu Ginobili:
Manu on the court 34 minutes 41 seconds: -21
Manu off the court 18 minutes 19 seconds: +18
EEEEEEK!

I think he should be criticized for that despite coming through in the end.You must be talking about Tim Duncan who didn't score the last 21 and half minutes of the game. :eyebrow:

FarOutIos
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM

I think that was a foul considering that bosh's body collided with green before the block occurred. You can clearly see on replay that green still had the ball away from bosh when contact occurred.

If it was simultaneous, I would not consider it a foul. But I agree with you that the screen could have been called a foul, so it was pretty much in let them play mode.

But... the foul on ginobili was the bigger missed call to me. That is the one that was more obvious and was clearly a body and arm foul...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...075107080.html

Ray not only fouled him on the arm, several times, but he was also leaning on Ginobili the whole time. Last time I checked, you can't be moving and impede his progress. Had this call been made properly, the game wouldn't have come to needing a 3 point shot to win. And the desperation 3 with a defense focused on stopping the 3 would have been avoided.

DeyAce
06-19-2013, 03:08 PM
NBA's rigged. Haven't you heard?

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I think that was a foul considering that bosh's body collided with green before the block occurred. You can clearly see on replay that green still had the ball away from bosh when contact occurred.

If it was simultaneous, I would not consider it a foul. But I agree with you that the screen could have been called a foul, so it was pretty much in let them play mode.

But... the foul on ginobili was the bigger missed call to me. That is the one that was more obvious and was clearly a body and arm foul...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...075107080.html

Ray not only fouled him on the arm, several times, but he was also leaning on Ginobili the whole time. Last time I checked, you can't be moving and impede his progress. Had this call been made properly, the game wouldn't have come to needing a 3 point shot to win. And the desperation 3 with a defense focused on stopping the 3 would have been avoided.

Gino traveled before that even happened. He traveled because he was moving out of control. Probably fatigue or something but it looked like he couldn't control his body. If you want the referees to dictate the game for both sides, how come Wade only had 2 free throws? He was attacking ALL game in the paint. Bosh only had 1 free throw. Also, referees probably should've called that a travel against Gino. Problem is, they didn't. If you watch the game, referees hadn't made a foul call for either team unless it was a blatant attempt. Referees let them play, Spurs just didn't execute.

Auseranami
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Manu deserved the most blame for this loss. He had 8 turnovers and 4 fouls in his incredibly inefficient 34 minutes. Pop made VERY questionable coaching decisions when he left Incan out on the heats last 2 possessions. It reminded me of Vogel taking Hibbert during their series. Also the heat kept their promise of not letting green get open looks.

Tymathee
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Pop outcoached himself, he lost the game with his substitution and game-planning, he looked utterly clueless how to stop the bleeding.

ModernDaySavage
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
It's funny how people keep bringing up the refs bailing them out with the two questionable non calls. Both of those calls were in ****in OT, them just making it out of regulation was amazing. Both of those plays had calls on BOTH sides of the ball not being called so just end the crying please. A lot more non calls that favored the Spurs, if you don't see that IDK what to tell ya.

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
No way we can blame Refs. Popovich stubborness to bench Manu was mistake #1. Benching Duncan was the biggest mistake. When I originally saw it, I thought Heats line-up was; LBJ/Wade/Miller/Allen/Chalmers. If Bosh was in there, Duncan should have been there too. No offensive rebound, no Game 7. No Manu, no game 7. Very tough one to swallow.

Its like Pop does not want to when unless his big 3 play well, its like Manu played like crap, so we cant win. Still think Manu comes out big like he did G5, and I hope spurs pull out the W, but man is this going to be tough to swallow.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:48 PM
No way we can blame Refs. Popovich stubborness to bench Manu was mistake #1. Benching Duncan was the biggest mistake. When I originally saw it, I thought Heats line-up was; LBJ/Wade/Miller/Allen/Chalmers. If Bosh was in there, Duncan should have been there too. No offensive rebound, no Game 7. No Manu, no game 7. Very tough one to swallow.

Its like Pop does not want to when unless his big 3 play well, its like Manu played like crap, so we cant win. Still think Manu comes out big like he did G5, and I hope spurs pull out the W, but man is this going to be tough to swallow.

With all due respect, Spo made some terrible decisions. He put Wade in and Miami's offense died. When Wade is on the floor, James has to worry about creating shots for Wade and he becomes less aggressive. Not to mention how Spo never makes changes at all.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM

You're right, the block in itself was all ball but there was some form of body contact. Even in a regular game it's a 50/50 (in the sense that it might or might not get called).

You're also right about the illegal screen, although I'll admit I never noticed it at first, just took a look at it now.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Gino traveled before that even happened. He traveled because he was moving out of control. Probably fatigue or something but it looked like he couldn't control his body. If you want the referees to dictate the game for both sides, how come Wade only had 2 free throws? He was attacking ALL game in the paint. Bosh only had 1 free throw. Also, referees probably should've called that a travel against Gino. Problem is, they didn't. If you watch the game, referees hadn't made a foul call for either team unless it was a blatant attempt. Referees let them play, Spurs just didn't execute.

On top of that Leonard slapped Miller in the face when he "postered" him. Wasn't called.

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm all for conspiracy theory when they make sense. But The way that game was reffed in the 3rd that game favored the spurs. Not sure if game 7 they will just let them play though or will they favor the heat. Spurs were suppose to win this game. Make one free throw at the end and that would of been the icing on the cake.

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
On top of that Leonard slapped Miller in the face when he "postered" him. Wasn't called.

That wasn't a foul he didn't push off.

Goose17
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
That wasn't a foul he didn't push off.

Doesn't matter if he pushed off. You can't hit someone in the face in basketball. It's a foul.

Shouldering, holding, pushing, striking or tripping in any way of an opponent is a foul. - Taken from the NBA rule book.

You can't slap someone in the face. End of.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Let's be honest. Refs favored Pacers/Spurs. I know Miami shouldn't warrant more calls just because of James/Wade, but they honestly should've gotten more calls. Wade has shot only 20 free throws this entire series. With the style of basketball he plays, that's insane. Refs favored Spurs, Miami will just have to deal with it.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2013, 05:48 PM

calls go both ways throughout a game. Blaming the refs is ridiculous, they didn't miss the Manu or Green no-calls.

Spurs blew a huge opportunity, but they have another chance. Depends which Miami team shows up, because the Spurs always show up.

LeperMessiah
06-19-2013, 06:09 PM
This is the 5th worst spurs championship series team you're talking about here.

LeperMessiah
06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
calls go both ways throughout a game. Blaming the refs is ridiculous, they didn't miss the Manu or Green no-calls.

Spurs blew a huge opportunity, but they have another chance. Depends which Miami team shows up, because the Spurs always show up.

Entering game 6, I gave spurs 70-30 momentum favor- and they played like it for the most part. Entering game 7 feels like 50-50 to me.

c.c.
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
I remember when they let T-Mac score 13 points in 35 sec

kubernetes
06-19-2013, 06:17 PM

Could have. But I'm glad they didn't. It's the last play of the game--who wants to see a game finish on FTs. My feeling is that unless it's an obvious and blatant hack, swallow the whistle.

Manu was so bad that at one point I wondered if he got paid off. Seriously, every time he got the ball I was thinking, "oh crap, watch him drive wildly and then pass to Lebron... Yep."

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2013, 06:20 PM
You can't blame one person for that 4th quarter choke.
It was a snowball effect.
1. Manu miss ft
2. Pop subbing Duncan out
3. Leonard ft
4. everyone was in paint but couldn't get rebound

odiz
06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Could have. But I'm glad they didn't. It's the last play of the game--who wants to see a game finish on FTs. My feeling is that unless it's an obvious and blatant hack, swallow the whistle.

Manu was so bad that at one point I wondered if he got paid off. Seriously, every time he got the ball I was thinking, "oh crap, watch him drive wildly and then pass to Lebron... Yep."

Bosh completely got the ball and nothing else with his hand. Incidental body contact while they are both jumping should not be a foul. That was a very good no call.

Minimal
06-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Bosh completely got the ball and nothing else with his hand. Incidental body contact while they are both jumping should not be a foul. That was a very good no call.
We shouldn't even talk about Bosh block, it was clean, Danny Green got stuffed. What we should talk about is Splitter setting an illegal screen on Allen and not being called for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMpbS36OU0&feature=player_detailpage#t=31s

odiz
06-19-2013, 07:45 PM
We shouldn't even talk about Bosh block, it was clean, Danny Green got stuffed. What we should talk about is Splitter setting an illegal screen on Allen and not being called for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMpbS36OU0&feature=player_detailpage#t=31s

Yea youre right two pretty blatant illegal screens. The refs were letting them play the last couple minutes, as they should.