PDA

View Full Version : Game 7...Who wins???

Ty Fast
06-19-2013, 12:14 AM
The two best words in sports. Game 7. Who wins?

Confusious
06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Don't care, what I know is, Heat fans better not ***** about officiating at all. They got two huge calls in their favor in that overtime.

giants73756
06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Blackhawks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Who ever the reffs choose

So Prob the heat like tonight

bholly
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Home teams 4-0 in 28 years of 2-3-2 finals, fwiw.

PhillySportFan
06-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Real question is, Will LeBron wear a headband for game 7?

Ty Fast
06-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Blackhawks

no. bruins!!!

Clippersfan86
06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Heat for sure by 10. Spurs had this title tonight and multiple chances to clinch and deepthroated.

ArmLaker
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Why are you counting out the Spurs? They've proven they can hang and beat the Heat. San Antonio in 7 for me.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Neither team has won two in a row in this series, but I don't see the Spurs winning game 7 unless it is a complete blowout.

Ryan328
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Picked SA in 7 with no team winning consecutive games & I'll stick with it

ArmLaker
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Picked SA in 7 with no team winning consecutive games & I'll stick with it

Hell yeah! Spurs in 7 baby. The Heat were EXTREMELY fortunate to pull this one out tonight.

LakersMaster24
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Heat will win. They already have all the championship gear ready.

shep33
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Miami

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Fatigue is a major factor. I don't see Spurs pulling game 7 off. They had their opportunity in game 6, but they failed to execute and pull it off

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Heat will win. They already have all the championship gear ready.

Both teams would wouldn't they?

QueensG_718
06-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Well if we follow the pattern. Spurs win game 7

Game 1 spurs
Game 2 heat
Game 3 spurs
Game 4 heat
Game 5 spurs
Game 6 heat

And game 7 spurs

Ryan328
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Well if we follow the pattern. Spurs win game 7

Game 1 spurs
Game 2 heat
Game 3 spurs
Game 4 heat
Game 5 spurs
Game 6 heat

And game 7 spurs

Hopefully

jerellh528
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM

blastmasta26
06-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Ironically, a blowout would have me more confident in the Spurs than this. I don't see them recovering enough to pull off the win.

RLundi
06-19-2013, 01:09 AM
The NBA.

Cha-ching.

Gagan136
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Tonight was the night for the Spurs, if they were going to win the championship it was happening tonight, so ill say Heat take it by 10. Just my opinion though.

ArmLaker
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Spurs are going to surprise everybody with a game 7 victory.

Teeboy1487
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM
I got Miami. Miami will not play as badly as they did the 1st 3 quarters of Game 6. I got the Heat by 10-15 points.

kobe4thewinbang
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Spurs win (pleeeeassseee) by 6 or so.

ThunderousDemon
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I want the spurs to win, but they blew it tonight.

I think the heat will take game 7.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-19-2013, 01:30 AM
It's going to be a PHENOMENAL game.. hopefully.

May the better team win.

Spurs fans have been mostly classy minus the crap they pulled in Game 3.. but its all fun and games.

LETS GO HEAT!!

lakerboy
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
I think no chance the Heat lose this. Nobody loses a game 7 at home, especially in the NBA finals.

Congratulations on Miami. Ginobili, you suck.

Iron24th
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
I still think SA win this, they always had the better start in every game, if they do once again, I see them not choking this time, they learned their lesson.

ArmLaker
06-19-2013, 02:11 AM
I still think SA win this, they always had the better start in every game, if they do once again, I see them not choking this time, they learned their lesson.

Exactly, people think that SA is just going to roll over and give up just because it's a road game 7. Pop is the chessmaster, he'll figure something out.

SMH!
06-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Heat by 10 plus

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-19-2013, 02:44 AM
The Heat are very easy to predict, yet impossible to play against if that makes any sense. Game 4 was the most dominant game the Heat played in the series, and the whole game Lebron and Wade sprinted up the court with the ball and attacked. I havent really seen Miami attack like that with consistency in any other game. The GOOD news for San antonio is the Heat's biggest weakness is Spo, and I think that Spo being the awful coach that he is will think the Heat played well tonight and wont make adjustments. If lebron and/or wade attack with no fear like they did in game 4 they win, if not I got the spurs

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 02:49 AM
The Heat are very easy to predict, yet impossible to play against if that makes any sense. Game 4 was the most dominant game the Heat played in the series, and the whole game Lebron and Wade sprinted up the court with the ball and attacked. I havent really seen Miami attack like that with consistency in any other game. The GOOD news for San antonio is the Heat's biggest weakness is Spo, and I think that Spo being the awful coach that he is will think the Heat played well tonight and wont make adjustments. If lebron and/or wade attack with no fear like they did in game 4 they win, if not I got the spurs

I really don't think Wade is 100%. He's been hobbling and hasn't been driving to the paint in fear of snapping something. This series is tough. I personally thought James should've dominated every game but many factors come to play. Danny Green is breaking NBA finals records. If Danny Green doesn't make those threes, Miami could've won by now. Same could go against Miami. All in all, tough series. The most visible difference is the coaching difference. Pop is making Spo look like an amateur. Sometimes, I think LeBron is the coach of the team. No one seems to listen to Spo because he's so easy to take advantage of.

ztilzer31
06-19-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm rooting for Miami, but Spurs have put up such a battle, and this series has been great. I really don't care who wins at this point...

I think the obvious favorite is Miami. Game 7 in the finals is a hard game to win away.

However Spurs deserve respect. Miami needs to be on there A game defensively again. LBJ/Bosh were monstrous on defense. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 02:56 AM
Everyone keeps bringing up the "every other game" trend, but there's one other trend they're ignoring. The Heat have won every single game in this series when their backs have been against the wall. They couldn't realistically win the series if they lost Games 2, 4 or 6 and they won all three. It's a bit cliche, but it rings true that this team seems to have a switch they turn on when they absolutely have to win. Tonight was the epitome of that as the played like **** through 3 quarters and somehow flipped a switch just in the nick of time to save themselves.

I think Miami wins a close one, but not nearly as close as the game tonight.

pacman16
06-19-2013, 03:02 AM
hard to believe all these people counting out this spurs team... with their veteran leadership and coaching, no way will it be an easy game for the heat... their going to come out hungry after this loss

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Miami needs a perfect game. By that, I mean every player needs to do their part. Spurs will come back fighting.

LeBron needs to be an offensive force from the get-go. Tired of him being passive in the start of the game.
Wade needs to do his role on the defensive end. Stop settling for jumpshots and work on creating plays for his teammates. It's not likely he'll have another game 5 moment.
Chris Bosh has two jobs; defend and rebound. Duncan has beaten him 5/6 games this series.
As for the bench, they just need to hit threes, hustle, and help out on the defensive end as a whole. Danny Green cannot be left open.

goingfor28
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Obv Miami why else would stern have sent Crawford AND Mauer out there for game 6

goingfor28
06-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Fatigue is a major factor. I don't see Spurs pulling game 7 off. They had their opportunity in game 6, but they failed to execute and pull it off

Fatigue. Really? Sterns team went 7 vs Ind while the actual real team swept their conf finals. Fatigue has nothing to do w it. Depends who refs game 7. Stern made sure his boys Craeford and Mauer lengthened the series.

We shal see

goingfor28
06-19-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm rooting for Miami, but Spurs have put up such a battle, and this series has been great. I really don't care who wins at this point...

I think the obvious favorite is Miami. Game 7 in the finals is a hard game to win away.

However Spurs deserve respect. Miami needs to be on there A game defensively again. LBJ/Bosh were monstrous on defense. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Ya that foul by bosh on d green was clutch to end the game

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:28 AM
Obv Miami why else would stern have sent Crawford AND Mauer out there for game 6

Dude, it took Ray Allen's clutch three to tie the damn game. Down 5, 28 seconds left, I don't think the refs could've done anything at that point. Miami closed the game better, that's all there is to it. If you knew they were going to go for a game 7, why would you even watch the game?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Depends on Lebron's headband status.

ModernDaySavage
06-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Fatigue. Really? Sterns team went 7 vs Ind while the actual real team swept their conf finals. Fatigue has nothing to do w it. Depends who refs game 7. Stern made sure his boys Craeford and Mauer lengthened the series.

We shal see

You have issues man go get yourself help.

I said SA had to win tonight to bag it up or Miami would win the series, have to stick with it. Can't believe they couldn't close this game out though I was shocked.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Well Pacers lost heartbreaker in game 1 in Miami and then won game 2. Maybe Spurs can do same thing in game 7

TheNumber37
06-19-2013, 08:54 AM
let's see how Wade's knee looks.

Spurs for me especially since they know how close they were to winning it all.

Max.This
06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
If im the spurs im praying d wade looks the same. Boy that man was dreadful in the closing quarter. This team wont be broken up, but they will lose some shooters like miller, allen this offseason. Bulls at full strength and indiana maybe getting back granger or obtaining a play for him will make this next season an actual Eastern conference playoff

Cal827
06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I think Miami will win the title. I'm aware that San Antonio, but the fact that they were so close to winning the title yesterday, then Allen hit that 3 with 5 seconds left, could be the straw that breaks the camels back. Also, as someone mentioned before, the Fatigue could be finally hitting the older team.

I kinda think Miami could win g7 in a blowout. Hopefully not though, I enjoyed the game last night, and would love to see another like it.

todu82
06-19-2013, 09:38 AM
I hope I'm wrong but I think Miami wins 86-84.

Mr.ATLHawks
06-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Duncan looked hobbled last night. There was a reason he wasn't on the floor, and it was not switch on the pick defense. Wade is hobbled. Obviously, i think SA suffers more from there injuries with Duncan not 100% (Put up a monster game last night and gave 115%).

I think Miami's bench goes nuts from behind the line (Miller, BAttier, Allen) and Miami wins by 15 due to Timmy not being 100%.

pacofunk64
06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
SA had their shot and blew it. They had to have been getting the bubbley ready and everything...that's how they were. I can't see them recovering from this.

ElChinoLatino
06-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Who is going to win? The better team. Amosier is somewhere seething with rage in regards to LeBron's performance yesterday.

ragee
06-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I want the Spurs to win but I think the Heat will win it. Manu, please bring your A game!

Jarvo
06-19-2013, 10:17 AM
I felt like someone just took my heart right put my chest, But I say Spurs bounce back and take it in a close one.

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Ya that foul by bosh on d green was clutch to end the game

or the offensive foul on the illegal screen set by Splitter on Ray Allen to get Green free in the far corner?

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Who is going to win? The better team. Amosier is somewhere seething with rage in regards to LeBron's performance yesterday.

he's not showing up b/c of the sig bet he lost. LOL

he's probably hacking away at the keyboard in a dupe account.

8kobe24
06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Nobody wins game 7 away.

TeamSeattle
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Spurs in Game 7

koreancabbage
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Nobody wins game 7 away.

lol you never know man. This Heat team can be the first lol. I'm not sold on them yet.

8kobe24
06-19-2013, 11:22 AM
lol you never know man. This Heat team can be the first lol. I'm not sold on them yet.

You're not sold on the heat winning game 7 at their home court??? Sad to say but, even the Spurs know they can't win game 7 at miami, that is why they gave it their all game 6. Unfortunately, Pop made costly mistakes in substitution and players missed crucial freethrows. This is a tough loss and a very demoralizing loss. If the betting line is -5 Miami, I'd take it in heart beat...I smell a blow out.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
As much as I hate to say it probably Miami... The spurs have to be nearly perfect to win I don't see that happening smh

THE GIPPER
06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I feel like the Spurs had every chance to win last night and chocked (I dont like that term but its true). They should've been able to finish the job last night, now I think it's too late and Miami will take it in 7.

Hangtime
06-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I will put it this way. I had the Spurs losing game 6 in a dominating performance by the Heat. I thought that poor shooting and turnovers would doom the Spurs. But it would have allowed them not to spend so much energy into that game and give them the edge for a game 7 victory.

All that changed when the Spurs played so hard and dominated the game for 3 qtrs with Duncan looking like he was 30 years old. Spurs may have very little in the tank. I'm worried about Duncan. I will stick with the Spurs but they will need Green to hit those open shots and Manu to stop turning the damn ball over.

torocan
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
I had this being a close series with the Spurs winning in game 7. I stand by that.

That said, I thought this series would go right down to the wire, so I don't think I'd be surprised if Miami pulled out a win.

Is there anyone that would be genuinely surprised if either team took the championship? I sure wouldn't..

natelpete
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I honestly have no idea at this point. I've lost a lot of money on this series already.

Labgrownmangoat
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
The two best words in sports. Game 7. Who wins?

That's four words. . . just sayin'.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I honestly have no idea at this point. I've lost a lot of money on this series already.

I was about to cash in ****ing HUGE last night. Spurs money line was a joke last game. ****ing Manu. I made up some of my loss on the Spurs with some props on Timmy and a miracle bet on the game going into OT so it wasn't that bad, just pissed how close I was to bringing in about a grand and watching Manu throw it away literally.

I'm gonna stick with props for game 7. Duncan/Leonard rebounds have been easy money.

My head is telling me Miami takes this one and Spurs have run out of gas. My heart is telling me that the Spurs have an epic bounce back like only they can. I still think despite the chokejob, last night displayed more good than bad for the Spurs chances in game 7, and more bad than good for the Heat. Wade looks like his two game resurgence is over and he looks like hobbled Wade again, and despite LeBron's monster production, his inner demons and fragile psyche were pretty evident late in that game as he was clanking bricks, throwing the ball away, and tossing up awkward airballs off post ups with the game on the line. Spurs know that they were a couple FTs away from winning it despite a crappy game from everyone outside of Duncan and Kawhi.

Parker is on complete lockdown with LeBron on him, if Manu plays like a complete utter idiot again they have no shot because Parker is not going to be able to make plays.

Sly Guy
06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
although I want the spurs to win, the gambler in me says the heat are gonna take game 7.

Lakers Ghost
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Spurs

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
After the way they lost game 6 a team like the Spurs will give it their all in game 7.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Was there any other information on Duncan's knee? Bosh fell on it and that **** twisted pretty bad, Duncan completely fell off a cliff after that.

ElChinoLatino
06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
After the way they lost game 6 a team like the Spurs will give it their all in game 7.

I second this, this veteran team isn't going to take it easy in the last game being probably the last time they all play in the Finals again.

goingfor28
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Who's reffing? Crawford and Mauer again? Team stern
If not, team Spurs

FYL_McVeezy
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Heat in 7....road teams don't win game 7's

The only caveat to that is....if there is any team that can buck the trend of road teams coming up short in game 7, it's the Spurs....

Spurs were 28 seconds away from hoisting the trophy, with the bench roped off, champagne on ice, and Larry O'Brien trophy ready to be revealed....and then they choke it away. I think they have run out of gas....

FYL_McVeezy
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
If not, team Spurs

Dude I honestly don't think game 6 was fixed.....and I think the NBA fixes games ALL the time...

Each team had a fair chance to win the game....Spurs blew it with questionable decisions...and missed FT's

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
If not, team Spurs

This is complete ****ing nonsense. I watched that entire game and thought it was among the best officiated Joey Crawford games I've ever seen. Hell, the Heat were called for more fouls (26-21) and had fewer free throw attempts (21-28). And for every call Miami got late in that game, San Antonio got a call on the other end. Did you forget how Leonard and Manu both had chances to close that game out in the fourth quarter but went 1-2 from the line?

And the last two calls were non-calls, IMO. The Manu drive was a tad questionable, but on second review, Manu took way too many steps and Allen's first contact was on the ball before he ever touched Manu. Plus, that's a weak call at the end of the game. If Manu wanted a chance to take the lead, he needs to do a better job at getting a shot up than just driving into traffic and expecting contact. I'll take a no-call on that play 100 times out of 100 at the end of a game. And the Chris Bosh block of Danny Green isn't even debatable. He clearly got all ball before ever making contact with Green.

People complaining about the refs after last night to ****ing get over themselves. It was as fairly called a basketball game as you could expect from Joey Crawford, and if you want to blame anyone for losing the game, blame San Antonio for missing free throws and having poor offensive possessions in OT.

goingfor28
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
^doesnt matter if he got all ball B4 making contact. He still bodied him. Have to let the shooter shoot and land. He clearly didnt

And ya Manu traveled but he was fouled before he took his 14 steps

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 01:46 PM
^doesnt matter if he got all ball B4 making contact. He still bodied him. Have to let the shooter shoot and land. He clearly didnt
I've rewatched the play over and over, and Bosh only touches Green with his legs and that's after he blocks the shot. His momentum and strength on the block is what forced Green to the ground, but there was hardly enough contact there to call a foul, and referees are never going to make that call in the final seconds of an NBA Finals elimination game. Get over it, dude. It was the right call.

And ya Manu traveled but he was fouled before he took his 14 steps
Colin Cowherd asked Steve Javie about that play this morning, and Javie said that's not a foul, because the first contact Allen ever makes is with the ball. After re-watching it several times, I agree. He's clearly trying to strip the ball and while there is some arm contact, most of the contact and the initial contact was with the ball.

Tell me.... If you were in their shoes, would you blow the whistle on two calls that controversial in the OT of an NBA Finals elimination game? I should hope not. We have enough referee controversy all season long that we don't need refs deciding the ends of games in the NBA Finals. Unless they're 100 percent sure it's a foul, and it's obvious, I commend them for holding their whistles. If San Antonio wanted to win that game, they needed to get better shot attempts at the end of the game than Manu's drive or Green's contested corner 3-pointer.

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
I am torn on who wins this game. A lot of people will say that Heat got this in the bag as I feel that way as well, but the other side of me is telling me that there is no way Pop and the Spurs are gonna go out like this knowing this could be there very last rodeo at a championship.

I don't know.

Kobe2324
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Well I called spurs in 7 before it started, not going to change my pick now, but i think letting that last one slip away may have cost them a championship...

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:04 PM
I've rewatched the play over and over, and Bosh only touches Green with his legs and that's after he blocks the shot. His momentum and strength on the block is what forced Green to the ground, but there was hardly enough contact there to call a foul, and referees are never going to make that call in the final seconds of an NBA Finals elimination game. Get over it, dude. It was the right call.

Colin Cowherd asked Steve Javie about that play this morning, and Javie said that's not a foul, because the first contact Allen ever makes is with the ball. After re-watching it several times, I agree. He's clearly trying to strip the ball and while there is some arm contact, most of the contact and the initial contact was with the ball.

Tell me.... If you were in their shoes, would you blow the whistle on two calls that controversial in the OT of an NBA Finals elimination game? I should hope not. We have enough referee controversy all season long that we don't need refs deciding the ends of games in the NBA Finals. Unless they're 100 percent sure it's a foul, and it's obvious, I commend them for holding their whistles. If San Antonio wanted to win that game, they needed to get better shot attempts at the end of the game than Manu's drive or Green's contested corner 3-pointer.

Javie is not gonna go against his fellow friends/refs and make them look bad. I don't think he has ever gone against the refs calls. LOL, he even said that Bosh got fouled in one of the games instead of flopped when the next day Bosh got finned 5k for flopping.

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Watch for Pop to make adjustments for Danny Green to get more shots up.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Javie is not gonna go against his fellow friends/refs and make them look bad. I don't think he has ever gone against the refs calls. LOL, he even said that Bosh got fouled in one of the games instead of flopped when the next day Bosh got finned 5k for flopping.

That may have been the case with that particular call, but I've heard Javie go against the refs calls multiple times, sometimes right in the middle of the game. If he honestly thought it was a foul, I think he would have said so. And re-watch the drive. It's clearly tough to determine whether Allen makes contact with Manu or the ball first, but I think you could make a strong case he touches the ball before he gets any arm. With a call that close, you hold the whistle in the final 10 seconds of an NBA Finals elimination game. Period.

still1ballin
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
That may have been the case with that particular call, but I've heard Javie go against the refs calls multiple times, sometimes right in the middle of the game. If he honestly thought it was a foul, I think he would have said so. And re-watch the drive. It's clearly tough to determine whether Allen makes contact with Manu or the ball first, but I think you could make a strong case he touches the ball before he gets any arm. With a call that close, you hold the whistle in the final 10 seconds of an NBA Finals elimination game. Period.

I agree that that the refs swallowed the whistles especially on back to back calls, but that wasn't the case in the 2006 finals.

They call the 3 point shot on Wade against Paul George in Game 1, but then not here? Just wanted some consistency.

If Manu was able to get the shot up, then I would be okay not having a whistle blown, but that wasn't the case there. He wasn't even able to get the shot up. I would of preferred a late call, like they called the late call for lebron after he missed the layup.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Dude I honestly don't think game 6 was fixed.....and I think the NBA fixes games ALL the time...

Each team had a fair chance to win the game....Spurs blew it with questionable decisions...and missed FT's

As bad as the calls were at the end, the refs gave Spurs call after call to build that 12 point lead late in the 3rd. It looked like it was fixed in favor of the Spurs for most of the game.

I think last night should have quieted the conspiracies. Ginobili and Green aren't getting those calls in those situations.

mightybosstone
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree that that the refs swallowed the whistles especially on back to back calls, but that wasn't the case in the 2006 finals.

They call the 3 point shot on Wade against Paul George in Game 1, but then not here? Just wanted some consistency.

If Manu was able to get the shot up, then I would be okay not having a whistle blown, but that wasn't the case there. He wasn't even able to get the shot up. I would of preferred a late call, like they called the late call for lebron after he missed the layup.

The Lebron late call was a bad one, IMO, but it wasn't nearly as decisive as that Manu play would have been. And I'm totally fine with the Manu no-call ESPECIALLY because he didn't get a shot up. He didn't have a good enough control of the ball and Allen clearly was able to make enough contact with the ball to make Manu turn it over. If Manu is driving and gets up a decent look, but there was clear contact on the arm, that would be one thing, but it was a poor decision on Manu's part to drive into traffic in the first place.

FYL_McVeezy
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
As bad as the calls were at the end, the refs gave Spurs call after call to build that 12 point lead late in the 3rd. It looked like it was fixed in favor of the Spurs for most of the game.

I think last night should have quieted the conspiracies. Ginobili and Green aren't getting those calls in those situations.

I think Spurs gained an advantage from calls in the 1st half...into the 3rd....
Heat gained advantage calls during their run in the 4th....

I think it evened out and the game was decided by the players not the refs...

and no this doesn't quiet the "conspiracies". I'm sure some NBA Games will be fixed in the future...

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Crucial missed calls for Miami--

LeBron same situation with Manu, he didn't get the call.

Greg Pop illegally subbed Duncan in during the fourth quarter.

Refs did not call the moving screen by Splitter on the last play by Spurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMpbS36OU0

0:30-0:35, should've been called -TWICE.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Heat in a blow out.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Heat in 7....road teams don't win game 7's

The only caveat to that is....if there is any team that can buck the trend of road teams coming up short in game 7, it's the Spurs....

Spurs were 28 seconds away from hoisting the trophy, with the bench roped off, champagne on ice, and Larry O'Brien trophy ready to be revealed....and then they choke it away. I think they have run out of gas....

I'm not calling a SA win, but a similar situation that happened was in 1974 when two teams were in the finals, two ex champions. Bucks and Celtics. Celtics hadn't won it since 1969 and Bucks won it in 1971. Bucks had the best player in the league in Kareem and the Heat now have the best player in Lebron. Boston came into Milwaukee in game 7 and won by 15 on the road with Cowens and Hondo. No one thought Boston had a chance because they lost game 6 at home in OT.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
The Lebron late call was a bad one, IMO, but it wasn't nearly as decisive as that Manu play would have been. And I'm totally fine with the Manu no-call ESPECIALLY because he didn't get a shot up. He didn't have a good enough control of the ball and Allen clearly was able to make enough contact with the ball to make Manu turn it over. If Manu is driving and gets up a decent look, but there was clear contact on the arm, that would be one thing, but it was a poor decision on Manu's part to drive into traffic in the first place.

Also on the Manu no call, it is good they didn't call that. Can you imagine a team winning the title while they switch leads on free throws? Now if he got it up and made it and potential 3 pt play then that is different. Can't see a team winning a title on 2 free throws to win by 1 point.

Lim
06-19-2013, 04:23 PM
heat will win but lebron is ****ing stupid. took him 6 games to realize boris diaw is fat and slow and to just drive right past him instead of pulling up for a jumper.

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I think Spurs gained an advantage from calls in the 1st half...into the 3rd....
Heat gained advantage calls during their run in the 4th....

I think it evened out and the game was decided by the players not the refs...

and no this doesn't quiet the "conspiracies". I'm sure some NBA Games will be fixed in the future...

So what is the motive behind fixing these games in your eyes? If they were willing to let the Spurs oust the Heat in 6, and not blatantly force a game 7? Can't be maximizing revenue now can it?

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 04:39 PM
heat will win but lebron is ****ing stupid. took him 6 games to realize boris diaw is fat and slow and to just drive right past him instead of pulling up for a jumper.

Boris Diaw hardly even plays much.

ChicagoJ
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
History and odds say the heat win, so most likely that is what will happen. That is why game 6 was so huge.

But the spurs have a real chance, they have proven that these teams are evenly matched.

FYL_McVeezy
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
So what is the motive behind fixing these games in your eyes? If they were willing to let the Spurs oust the Heat in 6, and not blatantly force a game 7? Can't be maximizing revenue now can it?

Like I said in a previous post...no one knows what goes on behind closed doors....anyone who can say for certain what is going on (whether they believe games are being fixed or not) is lying to you....one can only speculate as to why things happen the way they do as far as playing NBA games, sometimes games are fixed, sometimes they aren't, sometimes games are fixed and the other team still wins....

All I can ever say is that it is more than reasonable to QUESTION why the refs call the games the way they do..and to the naked eye sometimes officiating looks fishy....whether or not it is fixing games or human error? Who knows...my opinion is that sometimes games are fixed.....for revenue purposes, and to generate storylines that make series more favorable to watch...

As to why Spurs were going to seemingly win the series in 6....maybe Stern wanted Timmy to go out on top in style (hence why they got the favor of the whistle in the 1st half into the 3rd)...maybe the refs had bets on San Antonio....maybe they were going to win fair and square...I really can't say with any certainty as to why it occurred that way.

I was obviously wrong because I thought that game 6 was gonna be one-sided officiating to favor Miami to force game 7....

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
All stats are out the window. Because another stat people don't pay attention to is that Spurs have followed each loss in the post season with a double digit win. I think all these stats will cancel each other out.

JordansBulls
06-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Also Duncan is 4-0 in the finals. While the team that has had HCA in game 7 in the 2-3-2 format is 4-0 as well.

BALLER R
06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Also Duncan is 4-0 in the finals. While the team that has had HCA in game 7 in the 2-3-2 format is 4-0 as well.

So basically a stat will be broken tomorrow night.

OceanSpray
06-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Who the hell cares about those stats! It means nothing in a series like this. Game 6 showed exactly why these "records" don't mean jack. They're all a distraction from the game itself. Game 6, those few seconds dictated the game. This will go down to the wire, the second half best team will dictate the game.

ManRam
06-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Who the hell cares about those stats! It means nothing in a series like this. Game 6 showed exactly why these "records" don't mean jack. They're all a distraction from the game itself. Game 6, those few seconds dictated the game. This will go down to the wire, the second half best team will dictate the game.

Rhetorical question? Because we know the true answer is "JordansBulls". He loves him some relatively meaningless stats and records!

mgsports
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
If Juan Howard and 3 string Point PG play Mami will lose.

bucketss
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
hopefully its something similar when they finished off the thunder, with miller hitting 7 threes.

LEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HEATTT!

ClevelandSpider
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
hopefully its something similar when they finished off the thunder, with miller hitting 7 threes.

LEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HEATTT!

Hopefully it's something similiar to game 6 when the Spurs have the Heat on the ropes and the Miami bandwagon fans start filing out of the arena, except this time San Antonio closes it out and hoists it's 5th banner on Miami's floor...

Lessssss Goooo Spurrrrssss!

true
06-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Here is some info we do have:

Parker - Shot 26% (he's 52% for season) - HORRIBLE game based on that alone

Ginobli - Had the most turnovers in one game in his NBA CAREER.. His entire CAREER...

Danny Green - Went from on fire to non existent...

Popovich - Literally coached his worst game of his entire NBA career.. By FAR, no exagerration. 10 CRITICAL mistakes that, if even ONE of them is done correctly, they win the title...

When you look at all this, and the fact they only lost by 3 points in Overtime at that.... Amid some questionable referee calls AND the greatest 3 point shot in NBA history....

To not lose by 20 was a feat in itself.... If they come out mad, they can take this... We'll see if they have the heart of a champion.

bucketss
06-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Here is some info we do have:

Parker - Shot 26% (he's 52% for season) - HORRIBLE game based on that alone

Ginobli - Had the most turnovers in one game in his NBA CAREER.. His entire CAREER...

Danny Green - Went from on fire to non existent...

Popovich - Literally coached his worst game of his entire NBA career.. By FAR, no exagerration. 10 CRITICAL mistakes that, if even ONE of them is done correctly, they win the title...

When you look at all this, and the fact they only lost by 3 points in Overtime at that.... Amid some questionable referee calls AND the greatest 3 point shot in NBA history....

To not lose by 20 was a feat in itself.... If they come out mad, they can take this... We'll see if they have the heart of a champion.

Lol please, they choked this game away, great feat? lmao don't make me laugh.

true
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Lol please, they choked this game away, great feat? lmao don't make me laugh.

My point is, with 4 of their 6 most important parts on the team having a HISTORICALLY bad game (Pop, Parker, Manu, Green *Ok, green historically bad compared to his other games in this series), they still only loss by 3 points... They shouldn't even have been in the game... Shoulda loss by 20.

Now if this "makes you laugh", I'm happy to entertain. But it doesn't take away from the truth of what I typed.

bucketss
06-19-2013, 10:28 PM
My point is, with 4 of their 6 most important parts on the team having a HISTORICALLY bad game (Pop, Parker, Manu, Green *Ok, green historically bad compared to his other games in this series), they still only loss by 3 points... They shouldn't even have been in the game... Shoulda loss by 20.

Now if this "makes you laugh", I'm happy to entertain. But it doesn't take away from the truth of what I typed.

the best player in the world going 3-13 at half time, tim duncan dropping 25 at the same time. with wade struggling, bosh struggling. i think miami coming back and winning is more impressive.

Bulls_fan90
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Heat win in game 7.

Finals MVP for the Miami Heat would go to Manu Ginobli.

cmellofan15
06-19-2013, 10:42 PM

Duncan had 30 and 17? dude was +16 when he was on the floor, in who's career is that "historically bad". & yeah, Parker had a bad shooting night, but no turnovers with Manu being the same player we've seen all series with the exception of one game.

true
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Duncan had 30 and 17? dude was +16 when he was on the floor, in who's career is that "historically bad". & yeah, Parker had a bad shooting night, but no turnovers with Manu being the same player we've seen all series with the exception of one game.

I said 4 of their 6 main parts were very bad / historically bad.

Duncan - Played Good
Kawai - Played Great (for his standards)

Pop - Worst coaching job in sports history
Tony Parker - Terrible game for him
Ginobli - Historically bad game for him
Green - terrible game for him compared to this other games in this series.

Let me know if that simplified things enough.

ohreally
06-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Spurs could start doubting themselves after game 6, but I think they hunker down and take this one. Of course, most times if I actually state what I think will happen rather than just believe it, I'm usually wrong, so I my have just blown the Spurs chances, but I think thy really deserve it.

jam
06-19-2013, 11:18 PM
The result will likely reflect the league's understanding of which outcome will be better for the league's revenue stream.

This means the heat will likely win although I think the spurs have shown they are the better team.

I wonder if joey crawford, or another one of stern's 'boys' will be back for game 7.

ldawg
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Heat will win for two reasons. NBA will help and Spurs are worn out. That ray shot won the series for Miami. POP you big __))

Purple_n_Gold
06-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Majority of teams in the Spurs place would lose game 7 without a doubt. With that being said I really believe this one is a total crapshoot. The Spurs know this may very likely be the last time they get here with the core of their three stars. If I had to tip it one way though I would tip it slightly in favor of Miami.

ldawg
06-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Not who you think will win but who do you want to win. Spurs or the Heat?

Tony_Starks
06-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I feel the same way I felt before the Finals started: Spurs in 7.

Enjoy the game fellas, drink irresponsibly!

jam
06-19-2013, 11:32 PM
I will and I will! A bottle of vodka and 3 hours of hilarity awaits!

I feel the same way I felt before the Finals started: Spurs in 7.

Enjoy the game fellas, drink irresponsibly!

D-Leethal
06-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Spurs +270 last game was a joke and Spurs +230 right now is a joke. I'll take the value pick, just don't give the ball to Ginobili.

BcEuAbRsS
06-20-2013, 12:05 AM
I said Miami would win this series before it started, but I voted Spurs because I'm a hater.

JordansBulls
06-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Call me crazy, but I think the Spurs should put Tmac in a little bit this game if Manu starts off bad or if Green is playing bad.

Ryan328
06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Spurs 97-93

jer3miah
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
The Spurs will win because Lebron thinks he is a 2-time Champion and game 7 hasn't even started. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22465073/the-heat-have-already-won-the-title-according-to-lebrons-shoes

true
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Spurs 97-93

I think if the Spurs win, they win in a PISSED OFF blow out....

I think they have to be PISSED OFF, like someone just tried to harm their mother, to win this game... I think thats the only way.

They need to come out pissed off, put their foot on Miami's throat, go for the kill early and stick to it, so the game doesn't end in the officials hands...

If they do this, they win by 15 to 20++ .... If they don't, I'm afraid they get blown out by 30 to 40

C_Mund
06-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I think if the Spurs win, they win in a PISSED OFF blow out....

I think they have to be PISSED OFF, like someone just tried to harm their mother, to win this game... I think thats the only way.

They need to come out pissed off, put their foot on Miami's throat, go for the kill early and stick to it, so the game doesn't end in the officials hands...

If they do this, they win by 15 to 20++ .... If they don't, I'm afraid they get blown out by 30 to 40

....and it all comes down do Manu. If he plays like he did in game 5 I can see a Spurs win.

Ryan328
06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
....and it all comes down do Manu. If he plays like he did in game 5 I can see a Spurs win.

Agreed. A lot riding on Manu. I hope he at least gives half off what he gave in game 5 tonight

astonmartin10
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I want the Spurs to win, one last hooray for Timmy D. But Heat win 94-89

true
06-20-2013, 04:50 PM

I honestly don't think Manu means MUCH ... he just needs to sit on the bench if he's turning the ball over....

Gary neal can score / shoot... Green will have a better game.

They don't need Manu to pull another Game 5 to win this game. If Manu DOES have another game 5, they 1,0000% win the game in a semi blow out... But I just don't see this dude having a good game...

His fu*king brain is fried.... Game 5 was like a miracle for him that I don't see happening again.

zn23
06-20-2013, 05:53 PM
LeBron's been decent in the playoffs so far, hasn't had a great series, but the stage is set for him to really step up and lead the Heat to a title.

So Heat win by 10.

MaloDaw9
06-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Spurs please!

ldawg
06-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Heat Ray Allen shot remind me of that .3 sec shot fisher made and Lakers went on and seal the deal.