PDA

View Full Version : What adjustment do you think the Heat will make to their starting lineup tonight?

sunsfan88
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
After the game when asked if he will change the starting lineup, Spoelstra replied saying "We'll see".

If he does make a change to the lineup, what do you anticipate happening?

I think Allen or Battier will be inserted into the starting lineup. Battier for defensive purposes so that they 4 good perimeter defenders (Wade, LeBron, Battier, Miller) against SAS's 4 good perimeter players (Ginobili, Leonard, Parker, Green). Also maybe starting could get Battier going offensively ala Ginobili style.

Ray Allen could start to provide some much needed 3pt shooting for the team. The Heat were at their best last game when he was in the game.

I think they start over Chalmers. The way the Heat play, they don't really need a PG. Its not like Chalmers is actually facilitating or playmaking anyway. Allen/Wade/LeBron is perfectly capable of bringing the ball up which is pretty much what Chalmers does. And with the way Chalmers has been on offense, Allen/Battier is guaranteed to be better than that simply cause it can't get any worse.

What do you guys think will be the change to the Heat starting lineup, if Spo were to make one?

ChitownBears22
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Less Norris Cole, maybe a bigger lineup at points when LeBron is out:

Chalmers/Wade/Battier/Anderson/Bosh Run the offense through Wade using pick n roll with Bosh.

kdspurman
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
If I had to guess, I'd expect Battier to starts in place of Miller

FOXHOUND
06-18-2013, 04:31 PM
I agree with Battier starting over Miller, if anything changes. After how great Ray Allen played they could maybe start him, but it's better to save him as a punch off the bench and with less threatening offensive players on for San Antonio.

Chalmers is needed to guard Parker
Battier can guard Green
Wade can guard Ginobili
LeBron can guard Leonard
Bosh can guard Duncan

Miller's spacing has been nice, but the fact that he hasn't scored a single point the last two games starting doesn't seem worth it. If they need Mike Miller out there for Wade and LeBron to be effective then this series is over tonight anyways.

MinnesotaFtw
06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
I think they should have wade come off the bench to start. Obviously he will end up with a lot of minutes. But get Ray Ray going early. Try to get Miller involved. When they sub out you'd have Cole, Wade, Battier, Udonis, and Chris Anderson.

Starting five

1. Chalmers
2. Allen
3. Miller
4. Lebron
5. Bosh

Jdawg
06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
If I had to guess, I'd expect Battier to starts in place of Miller

This.

Although the benching Chalmers isn't a terrible idea in theory but whoevers guarding Tp would have little left for offense at end of the game.

sunsfan88
06-18-2013, 06:36 PM
This.

Although the benching Chalmers isn't a terrible idea in theory but whoevers guarding Tp would have little left for offense at end of the game.

LeBron seems to have little offense at the end of the game anyway ;)

Jk.

LAKobeBryant
06-18-2013, 06:39 PM
I think Lebron should take the challenge to guard Parker FULL game.
Wade guard Manu.

mgsports
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Juan Howard? Rashard Lewis?

kdspurman
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Wade guard Manu.

That would not be good for Lebron or the heat. He's already tired as it is (or so it seems)

bholly
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Erik Spoelstra wouldn't reveal his starting lineup just yet. He'll file it at 8:15 pm ET. The plot thickens... #dundundunnnn.

sunsfan88
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
The Heat IMO should take Parker out completely. If they take Parker out and can limit Danny Green that gives them the best chance to win. Let Ginobili and Duncan create the offense.

ChiTownPacerFan
06-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm predicting they will insert Joey Crawford.

mdm692
06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Apparently none.

mdm692
06-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Wade guard Manu.

Then have Kawhi abuse whoever is guarding him and have Danny Green running all over the place.

Hawkeye15
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
The Heat defense has to be more disciplined and aggressive period. If they don't force run outs, the Spurs are the better team unless Bron/Wade go nova.