PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Game Interviews

72 Wins
06-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Does anyone actually like when the coach is interviewed during the middle of a game? This has been going on for a couple of seasons now and I rarely run into anyone who enjoys this. It's particularly irritating when you are trying to watch the game and they minimize the court action (small corner box) to focus on the coach.

lamzoka
06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
its ********. i hate it

doris burk: Pop how are guys going to stop lebron?
Pop: make shots
doris burk: how u gonna limit the turnovers?

lakers4sho
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
its ********. i hate it

How do you plan to win the game?
Make shots.

rocket
06-17-2013, 10:54 PM
its ********. i hate it

How do you hate that? I love it.

cubs1st
06-17-2013, 11:04 PM
I hate when channels go to the two box method and have so much empty space around the corners.

bleedprple&gold
06-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Dont they interview them during the timeout and then just air it when the game is back on? Whats wrong with that?

SportsFanatic10
06-17-2013, 11:21 PM
it'd be fine if they showed it live and cut into commercial time rather then the actual game, i hate the small screen for the game action as well when the game is on.

Aust
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't like it either.

blastmasta26
06-18-2013, 02:16 AM
its ********. i hate it

:laugh2: Pop ironically makes it enjoyable when he himself hates it. But yeah, those interviews always annoy me.

Jtirado16
06-18-2013, 02:18 AM
I just wish they'd get rid of Dorris Burke...

Hangtime
06-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Is there any chance NBC will ever get the NBA back? I hate NBA on ABC

Hangtime
06-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I guess not

nycericanguy
06-19-2013, 12:07 PM
I thought i was the only one that felt that way... I hate it, its pointless... they just spew cliche after cliche. I cringe during most of those interviews. and the coaches hate it, they don't want to be taken away from their bench to talk nonsense.

And i hate when they mic players or coaches up... they are never going to show what they really say because it involves curses... so you get more cliches like "let;s go guys, lets go... good play"...etc.

adds nothing, no sort of realism, just distracting and actually takes away.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
it's ****in dumb and pointless. Coaches aren't gonna reveal strategy, and I don't care about some dumb motivational cliche that the coach uses...

sunnyice
06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
I hate it. IMO they should stop doing that.

Sly Guy
06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
they're stupid. And none of the coaches want them either. Their job is somewhat compromised when they become obligated to give an interview in the middle of doing their job.

flea
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
It's dumb and pointless but it's fun seeing what coaches do with it. Guys like Pop are good at giving smart*** answers that put on display the overwhelming inanity of sports reporting for the NBA specifically. Every "journalist" tries to make the game about a psychological drama of one or two superstars - I guess because they're either stupid and believe it or their audience is stupid and believes it and they cynically play into it. Either way, it's funny when guys like Pop call them on it.

Snakeyestx
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Barkley interviewing Pop earlier this season was the best one...

They're only allowed 2 questions, he asked a third and was cut off with "...wait, wasn't that your two already?"

Pop gives the best troll-answers in the NBA.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
its ********. i hate it

This is exagerated... Doris Burke is a great analyst. Most will disagree, but she's that good. So your post wouldn't be said by Doris. I could see Craig Sager saying that.

sunsfan88
06-19-2013, 12:51 PM
This is exagerated... Doris Burke is a great analyst. Most will disagree, but she's that good. So your post wouldn't be said by Doris. I could see Craig Sager saying that.

What Burke is a great analyst?

Damn then I should be an AMAZING analyst if I ever choose to pursue that career.

All that Burke does is say exactly what's going on the floor what we can already see with our damn eyes and she says in the same exact tone making us wanna fall asleep as she talks.

One of the most boring commentators in the history of ESPN.

And she asked LeBron yesterday after the game something like "It's gonna be game 7 after all that you've been through, do you think you'll be ready" and LeBron laughed at her and said "Well yea no ******* we don't exactly have a choice do we, it's game 7 we have to be ready for it".

Like wtf, did she expect LeBron to say "No I think we'll be partying too hard about this win to prepare for game 7"?

Get her outta there. Maybe WNBA suits Burke better.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Look up more of the interviews. Maybe... It's just my preferance. Her questions are so in depth, and well thought out. Unlike some of the other guys who asked questions in post games interviews.

ChicagoJ
06-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Don't know about the mid game interviews, but I love when the coach is micd up. Listening to thibs micd up is like hearing a great general leading his troops into battle.