PDA

View Full Version : Which Duo would be more dominant in their prime: Shaq/Kobe or Duncan/LeBron?

JordansBulls
06-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Thought this would be an interesting debate.

Which duo would have won the most championships if they played together for a certain amount of time in their primes. Kobe/Shaq played together 8 seasons, winning 3 titles. Could LeBron/Duncan have won more, the same, or less. Which duo do you like better?

Which Duo would be more dominant in their prime: Shaq/Kobe or Duncan/LeBron?

On another forum the voting is 62 to 61. Curious on how it would be here.

amos1er
06-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Comparison forum?

bucketss
06-17-2013, 05:11 PM
shaq kobe, probably if kobe doesn't chase him out. but since he know he will duncan/lebron are the safer bet.

Raidaz4Life
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't know... Kobe is too much of an X-factor in all honesty. His personality and performances have been all over the place. Would he be 06 Kobe where he is shooting every possession or would he be last years where he is looking to be a play maker. Would he be 04 Kobe where he is chasing Shaq out to be the man or would he be 08 Kobe learning to embrace his bigs? I don't think we ever really saw how good an actual prime Shaq/Kobe could have been.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Who is coaching Lebron and Duncan?

We have already seen what the Kobe/Shaq tandem can achieve, multiple championships. I'm inclined to go with Shaq/Kobe. Do we see Duncan become more of a jump shooter a la Chris Bosh? A big question mark is who is coaching the Lebron/Duncan team. The poll should be:

Duncan/Lebron/Pop vs Shaq/Kobe/Phil

Thats an amazing series either way. I'm going with the Shaq/Kobe team but by a slim margin.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 06:47 PM
LeBron and Duncan.

Aust
06-18-2013, 12:17 AM
I don't know how Duncan and Lebron would play together. Would Lebron be ok with Duncan taking some of his rebounds?

Jtirado16
06-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Shaq/Kobe but its a slim win

todu82
06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Shaq and Kobe.

i.got.the.nutz
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Depends on how a prime Kobe can adjust to him not being the number one scoring option for most of the game. I don't have any doubts Lebron can differ to Duncan throughout the game and taking over late, but can Kobe do the same?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2013, 03:33 AM
The passing between Lebron and Duncan would be legit.

Duncan has good passing abilities and can dish it to a cutting Lebron. Lebron can also do P&R with Duncan to give Duncan easy baskets.

Lebron and Duncan are better defensively too.

Lebron having a champion beside him would take all the pressure off of him and he can play more comfortably instead of forcing it.

ThuglifeJ
06-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't know how Duncan and Lebron would play together. Would Lebron be ok with Duncan taking some of his rebounds?

your worry is rebounding?

I think it'd have to be Shaq/Kobe because they've proved it.

My main thing against Duncan/Lebron is that you wont feel as comfortable coming down to the final minutes if it's close. With Kobe you know he can make his own shot no matter what with full confidence. With Lebron you don't know if he's gonna be confident or shy away from the moment, or if he's gonna be able to get a good shot off, or if he might turn it over and get stuck.

Shaq Kobe is just perfect. Kobe would wrap around defenders and feed dimes to Shaq as well, Lebron's passing ability works way better for perimeter players and not bigs. I'd definitely argue Kobe is a better passer to bigs than Lebron.

really depends on teammates, coaching as well. If it's just whos the most dominant 2, you go Shaq Kobe.

FraziersKnicks
06-21-2013, 08:51 PM
LeBron and Duncan

Less ego's, incredible defense, unmatchable leadership.

LBJ6
06-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Lebron and Duncan for sure... but with Lebron and Shaq its a massacre!

b@llhog24
06-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Kinda tough. For all inventive purposes let's call Shaq and Bron a wash. Timmy is better than Kobe. But even with saying that, if you're asking for peak dominace Id take Shaq and Kobe. Sustained dominance give me the other duo.

JordansBulls
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Lebron and Duncan for sure... but with Lebron and Shaq its a massacre!

What makes you think Lebron and Shaq is a massacre? We saw what happened when together already. :)