PDA

View Full Version : Has Danny Green been more crucial to the Spurs this series than LeBron to Heat?

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Discuss. Personally, I think so. Definitely.

Danny Green - 16.5 PPG, 1.3 APG, 2.5 RPG, .68 3P%, .58 FG% as a 4th/5th option on the team.
Lebron James - 20.8 PPG, 6.5 APG, 12 RPG, .27 3P%, .45 FG% as 1st option (keep in mind, his RPG and APG are higher than they should be because of no true PG or C).

Danny Green also plays about 8 minutes less than Lebron. He's also no slouch on the defensive end.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:08 PM
No

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:09 PM
No

Elaborate.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Elaborate.

He doesn't have as big of an impact.

still1ballin
06-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Absolutely.

We have seen a very awkward Lebron in the series. He's like shying away the big moment.

Comparing him to Jordan is laughable

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:16 PM
He doesn't have as big of an impact.

Back it up.

tr4shb0t
06-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't think so.

sunsfan88
06-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Obviously.

Why even make a thread like this when its so obvious. LeBron has struggled this series compared to his usual self while Green is having the series of his life.

Is this just to bash LeBron?

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Back it up.

Depends, do you think Paul Pierce was more crucial to the success of the Celtics in comparison to Kobe in 08?

Khri
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Here is your usual Lebron thread after the Heat lose.

Thanks for keeping the tradition alive OP.

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Dude just stop it. If you took both off of each team the spurs wouldn't miss a beat and the heat would meet the sweep.

Bellarom
06-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Not even close. Cool Danny Green can shoot when nobody is covering him! Lebron is averaging 10 more boards, 5 more assists, and scoring more. The hate for the Heat is unreal. (T-wolves Fan)

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Depends, do you think Paul Pierce was more crucial to the success of the Celtics in comparison to Kobe in 08?

Listen, you Lebronphile. This thread is about Lebron and Green, not Kobe and Pierce. Don't go off on a tangent, boyo.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Not even close. Cool Danny Green can shoot when nobody is covering him! Lebron is averaging 10 more boards, 5 more assists, and scoring more. The hate for the Heat is unreal. (T-wolves Fan)
Same could be said about Lebron, lol.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Dude just stop it. If you took both off of each team the spurs wouldn't miss a beat and the heat would meet the sweep.

Basically this. Spurs have a litany of players who can replicate what Green does. The Heat don't have a player who can do what Bron does.

OP wasn't asking who's playing better, he's asking who's more crucial. The fact that you even choose Bron as the comparison point proves how vital he is to the Heats possible championship aspirations.

Enemey
06-16-2013, 11:24 PM

What? Do you see how they gaurd Green?

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not asking who's the better player, but who has been more crucial THIS series. The answer is Danny Green. Lebron has struggled. Plain and simple.

Enemey
06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Basically this. Spurs have a litany of players who can replicate what Green does. The Heat don't have a player who can do what Bron does.

OP wasn't asking who's playing better, he's asking who's more crucial. The fact that you even choose Bron as the comparison point proves how vital he is to the Heats possible championship aspirations.

So the Spurs have a player who have the record for most 3 pt FG made in the finals? Danny Green is lights out from the three. Also his defense on transition against Lebron and Wade. He has stopped Wade & Lebron on fast break since Game 1.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Listen, you Lebronphile.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

This thread is about Lebron and Green, not Kobe and Pierce. Don't go off on a tangent, boyo.

I know what the threads about, however I want to get an understanding of the way you analyze the game of basketball. This thread isn't about Green, it's a bait thread, however I'm answering it as if it actually has some type of value.

Khri
06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
So the Spurs have a player who have the record for most 3 pt FG made in the finals? Danny Green is lights out from the three.

That's the only thing he can do.

If you think he is better than Lebron I have nothing to say to you.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:28 PM
So the Spurs have a player who have the record for most 3 pt FG made in the finals? Danny Green is lights out from the three.

Not exactly, but they'd still be to replicate it to a similar effect.

Enemey
06-16-2013, 11:28 PM

And his defense vs Wade and Lebron on a fast break? How many times has he not stopped them from scoring in transition?

Khri
06-16-2013, 11:29 PM
And his defense vs Wade and Lebron on a fast break? How many times has he not stopped them from scoring in transition?

Danny Green and defense on the same sentence? Lol.

He did it one time, big deal and it was mostly because Wade made a mistake.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:31 PM
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

I know what the threads about, however I want to get an understanding of the way you analyze the game of basketball. This thread isn't about Green, it's a bait thread, however I'm answering it as if it actually has some type of value.

You have no argument. You answered the thread with a simple "no" and when I asked you to elaborate and back it up, you brought up Pierce and Kobe. If anyone here is baiting, it's you. You went completely off topic.

I provided the stats (which are not updated with today's game, where Green played better than Lebron). I have no idea why you feel so threatened by this thread.

*Superman*
06-16-2013, 11:31 PM

Please reread what he wrote, he never asked who is better, he said has he been more crucial, and up to this point, yes.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:32 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2800287/dgblock.gif

Enemey
06-16-2013, 11:32 PM

He did it one time, big deal and it was mostly because Wade make a mistake.

He did it multiple times in each game since game 1. Remember in game 1 when Wade tried to Lob it to Lebron and Danny green contested the Lob causing Lebron to go out of bounds?

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm not asking who's the better player, but who has been more crucial THIS series. The answer is Danny Green. Lebron has struggled. Plain and simple.

You'd be better off asking who's playing better vs who's more important. At that point, you're talking about impact, player roles, defensive attention, defensive responsibilities, skill-set.

Khri
06-16-2013, 11:34 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2800287/dgblock.gif

So you're saying he is a great defender because he stopped Lebron on a fast break?

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
So you're saying he is a great defender because he stopped Lebron on a fast break?

When did I ever say that? Do you even watch the games or do you just check the box score?

Edit: Do you even read? I already mentioned how Danny Green is no slouch on defense. Nowhere did I call him great, but he knows how to get the job done.

b@llhog24
06-16-2013, 11:37 PM
You have no argument. You answered the thread with a simple "no" and when I asked you to elaborate and back it up, you brought up Pierce and Kobe. If anyone here is baiting, it's you. You went completely off topic.

I answer most perceived bait threads with one liners, it's kind of my thing. I'll explain when I see fit. Seeing as I believe that this is a bait thread, I've answered based on the amount of incentive that I've received from you. Seeing as you came out of nowhere and accused me of being a "LeBronphile" I don't see any reason to take you seriously anymore in regards to this topic.

I provided the stats (which are not updated with today's game, where Green played better than Lebron). I have no idea why you feel so threatened by this thread.

Lol you just updated the thread with stats, and I'm not threatened. I'm on record with 1) Being a big Spurs fan 2) Not liking LeBron. But you'll go with whatever confirmation bias theory you have in your head and I can't nor care to change that.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Danny Green has been a monster in the finals. Last year vs OKC he was downright horrible. Glad he picked now to redeem himself

Khri
06-16-2013, 11:38 PM
When did I ever say that? Do you even watch the games or do you just check the box score?

Edit: Do you even read? I already mentioned how Danny Green is no slouch on defense. No-where did I call him great, but he knows how to get the job done.

Why did you show me that gif then? What point were you trying to make?

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I answer most perceived bait threads with one liners, it's kind of my thing. I'll explain when I see fit. Seeing as I believe that this is a bait thread, I've answered based on the amount of incentive that I've received from you. Seeing as you came out of nowhere and accused me of being a "LeBronphile" I don't see any reason to take you seriously anymore in regards to this topic.

I didn't come out of nowhere, don't play the victim here. I called you a Lebronphile because you went off-topic, bringing up Kobe for reasons we all know and not backing-up your statement. You perceived this as a bait thread, cool -- doesn't mean it is.

Lol you just updated the thread with stats, and I'm not threatened. I'm on record with 1) Being a big Spurs fan 2) Not liking LeBron. But you'll go with whatever confirmation bias theory you have in your head and I can't nor care to change that.

I updated the thread two minutes after posting, so I don't see where you're going with that. As for the rest, I could care less.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Why did you show me that gif then? What point were you trying to make?

The point that "Danny Green" and "defense" do belong in the same sentence.

rocket
06-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Here is your usual Lebron thread after the Heat lose.

Thanks for keeping the tradition alive OP.

man you're the must butthurt heat fan ever. don't get mad at things like this.

xxplayerxx23
06-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Green>lebron green>Kobe//thread

Chrisclover
06-16-2013, 11:48 PM
he is like a mirale. i didnt notice him till now

b@llhog24
I didn't come out of nowhere, don't play the victim here. I called you a Lebronphile because you went off-topic,

Lol so anybody who doesn't follow a stringent line of what you want to talk about is automatically named a LeBronphile?

bringing up Kobe for reasons we all know and not backing-up your statement.

I already explained why. You're a Laker fan, who would've thought an analogy about a recent finals series on the franchise player for the Lakers would be regarded as off topic. Oh well, I've come to expect less of PSD.

You perceived this as a bait thread, cool -- doesn't mean it is.

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I updated the thread two minutes after posting, so I don't see where you're going with that. As for the rest, I could care less.

It wasn't there when I made my initial response.

Khri
man you're the must butthurt heat fan ever. don't get mad at things like this.

This forum is ridiculous.

I am not mad. All I was saying is that there is not need to make a thread every time the Heat lose. It's pretty obvious that the OP has an agenda against Lebron, don't you guys get tired of the same **** everyday?

cmellofan15
06-16-2013, 11:51 PM
LeBron has been more crucial to the Heat and there's no argument in that. When he plays poorly, the Heat lose. When he plays well, the Heat win. He's a much larger part of the puzzle than Danny Green as we've all witnessed how the Heat bank on his success. The Spurs are by no means show a dependence on Green as the Heat show on LeBron. We're comparing the centerpiece of a team to a guy who's just recently become a valuable asset to a team who was already well off without him.

TheNumber37
06-16-2013, 11:52 PM
If Green makes another 5 or 6 3s in game 6 and they win. He might just get the Finals MVP.

I think in the end if they win, it goes to the whole team.

lakers4sho
06-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Without Danny Green's 3pointers, the Spurs offense goes down the **** hole as well. They Heat has done a good job on Duncan so you can't really play off of him on the post. The Spurs offense has been the most effective when they run a quick pick and roll drive or out of a scramble where Green does a good job finding an open area to camp in and wait for the kickout. Heat defense was forced to spread out a little bit farther and that gave Parker and Ginobili the room to operate tonight.

bucketss
06-17-2013, 12:10 AM
troll thread\\

inb4L

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-17-2013, 12:12 AM
troll thread\\

inb4L

How is this a troll thread? Please, I'm dying to know.

bucketss
06-17-2013, 12:19 AM
How is this a troll thread? Please, I'm dying to know.

you actually think miami would win a single game this series without lebron??? spurs would definitely at least win ONE game without danny green.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-17-2013, 12:24 AM
lol laker fans.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
absolutely not. Imagine if Bron was given the freedom of being option #4-5. Green is simply hitting shots. He is not a player that can carry a team at all.

Gagan136
06-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Lol! I think you guys are forgetting the impact LeBRON has on the defense when he is in the game, take him away from the heat, spurs in 4-5 games, easy.

LBJackpot
06-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Jesus laker fans always take stupid to a new level.

b@llhog24
06-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Jesus laker fans always take stupid to a new level.

There are some good ones, and then others just make you scratch your head.

RiceOnTheRun
06-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Nah. Lebron on beast mode carries this team. Nobody on the Heat can replace his impact.

Danny Green has been on a tear, nobody can deny that. But I think the Spurs can find a way to make up if he stops hitting his threes. Obviously it makes it a whole lot easier on Pop if he does but I don't think he's as versatile as Lebron where Spo can just see what they're lacking and throw Lebron in.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Yes!

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-17-2013, 03:47 AM
I absolutely LOVE Danny Green, what he stands for and what he does on the court. But being a realist, I think he is a product of the Poppovich system and making the absolute most of his opportunity. A "role" player absolutely doing his job, and then some

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-17-2013, 03:48 AM
So to answer the question, no way is Danny Green more important to his team than Lebron is to his, but u could make a case for Pop being more important than lebron and even parker

jam
06-17-2013, 04:02 AM
Danny Green has overachieved to a huge degree, while Lebron has simultaneously under-achieved to an embarrassing degree.

THE GIPPER
06-17-2013, 04:12 AM
More crucial? Hell no. The only reason Danny Green has been so effective is because he isn't the focal point on offense.

Miami is focusing on stopping Duncan, Parker and Manu. The by product of that is Danny Green being wide open and hitting everything.

Long story short: If defenses treated Lebron the way they treat Green he would do a hell of a lot better than Green is doing right now.

amos1er
06-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Discuss. Personally, I think so. Definitely.

Danny Green - 16.5 PPG, 1.3 APG, 2.5 RPG, .68 3P%, .58 FG% as a 4th/5th option on the team.
Lebron James - 20.8 PPG, 6.5 APG, 12 RPG, .27 3P%, .45 FG% as 1st option (keep in mind, his RPG and APG are higher than they should be because of no true PG or C).

Danny Green also plays about 8 minutes less than Lebron. He's also no slouch on the defensive end.

Green has been a very pleasant surprise for the Spurs. Though I wouldn't say he is more crucial than Lebron per se as his role is much smaller, but I will say for sure that he is overachieving more than Lebron. In fact, Lebron is underachieving greatly and Green is overachieving greatly. I also liked how you noticed that Lebron's stats are inflated due to the lack of a true PG or C. Most Lebronites won't admit that fact as anyone with half a brain knows that if Lebron played a traditional SF role with a true PG and C, there is no way he could have such inflated assist and rebound numbers...thats why his stats don't impress me all that much. I feel that if he played on a team where a coach actually had control over him and preached for him to play more of a traditional wing role and added a true PG and C, he would have a much better chance at winning a ring. But Lebron wants to win his way and that means it's fill the stat sheet or bust.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Green has been a very pleasant surprise for the Spurs. Though I wouldn't say he is more crucial than Lebron per se as his role is much smaller, but I will say for sure that he is overachieving more than Lebron. In fact, Lebron is underachieving greatly and Green is overachieving greatly. I also liked how you noticed that Lebron's stats are inflated due to the lack of a true PF or C. Most Lebronites won't admit that fact as anyone with half a brain knows that if Lebron played a traditional SF role with a true PF and C, there is no way he could have such inflated assist and rebound numbers...thats why his stats don't impress me all that much. I feel that if he played on a team where a coach actually had control over him and preached for him to play more of a traditional wing role and added a true PF and C, he would have a much better chance at winning a ring. But Lebron wants to win his way and that means it's fill the stat sheet or bust.

How is it only a selective few are able to understand what you're talking about? I only wish more people on this site would open their minds and see what's real instead of getting their daily does of media bs. be prepared to be called the worst poster ever.

RiceOnTheRun
06-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Green has been a very pleasant surprise for the Spurs. Though I wouldn't say he is more crucial than Lebron per se as his role is much smaller, but I will say for sure that he is overachieving more than Lebron. In fact, Lebron is underachieving greatly and Green is overachieving greatly. I also liked how you noticed that Lebron's stats are inflated due to the lack of a true PF or C. Most Lebronites won't admit that fact as anyone with half a brain knows that if Lebron played a traditional SF role with a true PF and C, there is no way he could have such inflated assist and rebound numbers...thats why his stats don't impress me all that much. I feel that if he played on a team where a coach actually had control over him and preached for him to play more of a traditional wing role and added a true PF and C, he would have a much better chance at winning a ring. But Lebron wants to win his way and that means it's fill the stat sheet or bust.

While this might be one of the first time's I might partially agree with what you're saying, I have to disagree about running a traditional lineup. The Heat simply do not have the resources to run one successfully. Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole are great, they play their role well and both have potential to be better, but as a floor general neither are better than Lebron. Same with the C position, Joel Anthony sure as hell isn't going to be their starting center and Birdman is more of their spark off the bench if anything. Bosh fits in well at C because he spreads the floor for Lebron and Wade to get to the rim. The reason Vogel pulled out Hibbert in game one was because of Bosh's threat outside the paint, and we saw how costly that was for them.

The truth is, Miami's not going to get a premier point guard or true center anytime soon, so they're much better off optimizing their small ball lineup utilizing Lebron's versatility. If you could throw in Chris Paul or Dwight Howard in there, then I 100% agree with you they're better off running traditional sets. But because they just don't have the cap space for that, the small ball lineup is their best bet.

kdspurman
06-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Are you serious? Green is a very good perimeter defender. I'm guessing you're not paying attention to him on that end, nor did you watch him in the Golden State series.

Enemey
06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Are you serious? Green is a very good perimeter defender. I'm guessing you're not paying attention to him on that end, nor did you watch him in the Golden State series.
His defense is so underrated. Isn't he out on the floor because of his defense more then his offense?

pacman16
06-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Green has been a very pleasant surprise for the Spurs. Though I wouldn't say he is more crucial than Lebron per se as his role is much smaller, but I will say for sure that he is overachieving more than Lebron. In fact, Lebron is underachieving greatly and Green is overachieving greatly. I also liked how you noticed that Lebron's stats are inflated due to the lack of a true PG or C. Most Lebronites won't admit that fact as anyone with half a brain knows that if Lebron played a traditional SF role with a true PG and C, there is no way he could have such inflated assist and rebound numbers...thats why his stats don't impress me all that much. I feel that if he played on a team where a coach actually had control over him and preached for him to play more of a traditional wing role and added a true PG and C, he would have a much better chance at winning a ring. But Lebron wants to win his way and that means it's fill the stat sheet or bust.

some people saying his statsare inflated because he doesn't have a true PG or C.... the amazing thing about lebron that gets over looked is his freak ability to PLAY both PG and CENTER for a man his size. wake the **** up

JordansBulls
06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Only if he can put it together again for another San Antonio win and take home finals mvp.

bucketss
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM

i almost thought you had a good post... than you kllled it with the last line, lebron was recruiting nash and love why would he think he cares, also wanting to win his way comment, funny coming from a kobe fan.. didn't kobe say he would rather retire than not be the "man" didn't kobe run shaq out of LA, seems like kobe is ar his best position to win when hes a sidekick.

kdspurman
06-17-2013, 12:18 PM
His defense is so underrated. Isn't he out on the floor because of his defense more then his offense?

Pretty much. Even when his shot has been off, he's been a very good perimeter defender. And that's what keeps him on the floor when his offense is struggling

ghettosean
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM

If Kawhi Leonard is not in the game to gaurd Lebron then Green is on him and well we all know how well Lebron has been shooting lately...

Green is extremely underrated on defense.

Also your a little quick on changing up your sig... LOL

I dig it though!

kdspurman
06-17-2013, 01:58 PM
If Kawhi Leonard is not in the game to gaurd Lebron then Green is on him and well we all know how well Lebron has been shooting lately...

Green is extremely underrated on defense.

Also your a little quick on changing up your sig... LOL

I dig it though!

Exactly..

And on the sig, there's so much material out there man it's tough to choose one and stick with it when you see other stuff come out like after every quarter lol.

still1ballin
06-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Danny green ftw!

ztilzer31
06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Not even close. He hasn't had a bigger impact than Tony Parker either. He's done an excellent job, and he's on fire in this series, but LBJ/Tony Parker. These are guys that effect the game every play. Even when they don't get a stat for it there's always something they do.

I've always thought of Green as a mediocre defender, but he's really stepped it up in this series. It probably has a lot to do with them shots falling. His confidence is sky high right now.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Green is a solid defender, these Heat fans are just a little mad about yesterday.

Shlumpledink
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Well, without Lebron the heat get swept, without Danny Green the spurs still win a couple games

zn23
06-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Leave it to a Kobetard to start a ridiculous thread like this....

Danny Green hasn't done much besides shoot the 3 ball. He's done that very well, and he's played his role well. But to say he's more crucial to the Spurs than LeBron is to the Heat is ludicrous.

kdspurman
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Danny boy has come a long way from last years series against OKC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM-1HDjCQAIf_z3.jpg:large

D-Block21-Chito
06-17-2013, 04:36 PM
This

D-Block21-Chito
06-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Only if he can put it together again for another San Antonio win and take home finals mvp.

This I meant