PDA

View Full Version : Recipe to Heat success

canefandynasty
06-16-2013, 08:07 AM
- Let Wade and LeBron handle the ball 90% of the time. Let Cole be the default PG when neither of LeBron or Wade handle.

- Only let Wade sit out in short spurts (like 1-3 min before he comes in), even if it's like 4-5 times.

- Chalmers shouldn't be handling the ball in crucial situations. I'd much prefer he handles the ball when Miami is up a significant lead. Bosh shouldn't be handling either. He should open up his inside/driving game by establishing his outside game FIRST. Let him establish shooting game first so it can open up his driving game. Opponents will start to bite on the pump fakes and jab steps more. The term they use for this is to play outside-in, rather than inside-out.

- Cole should be guarding Parker more.

- More pick-and-roll game for Wade/Bosh, or Wade/Birdman. LeBron/Haslem and LeBron/shooter would also be excellent (done with regularity).

Heat would win if this happens

archdevil84
06-16-2013, 08:17 AM
i like it except for the wade short spurts. Wade always gets going on a random point in the game. spoelstra always takes him out of the game at that particular point. Resting him for 4-5 times wil decrease the chance of him getting hot and thus being less effective

archdevil84
06-16-2013, 08:23 AM
does anyone know why Birdman didnt play last game btw?

Delrayhc
06-16-2013, 09:17 AM

Because the small lineup was effective

goingfor28
06-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Heat forum?

ManRam
06-16-2013, 12:01 PM
meh.

the only thing you mentioned defensively is having cole guard parker. therefore, you're missing a ton of it.

and the supporting cast hitting threes is always a recipe for success.

SportsFanatic10
06-16-2013, 06:31 PM

it looked like spo gave miller haslems starting spot, and then moved haslem into birdman's role off the bench knocking bird out of the rotation like miller used to be earlier in the playoffs. i think bird should get in the game for a few short bursts though, his energy is great and he finishes well around the rim on lebron and wade's drive handoffs.

SportsFanatic10
06-16-2013, 06:33 PM
i like it except for the wade short spurts. Wade always gets going on a random point in the game. spoelstra always takes him out of the game at that particular point. Resting him for 4-5 times wil decrease the chance of him getting hot and thus being less effective

i notice how spo does this that to him as well, often taking him out right as he gets going. but wade has said he talked to spo about coming out for just short rests from now on because his knee stiffens up and gets cold if he's out too long at once.

D-Leethal
06-16-2013, 07:59 PM
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade surrounded by shooters at every position.