PDA

View Full Version : One of the best played finals?

rocketfuel
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Is this one of the best played finals? The skill level on display has just been dazzling. I'm trying to remember in recent memory where two teams has shown so much skill. The great 3 point shooting, the hustle plays, the terrific passing. There was a stretch in game three where it was nothing but classic highlights followed by classic highlights. I couldn't even believe how good the 3 point shooting was and it was by role players like Green, Neal, Leonard, Miller, etc.

ManRam
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't know...

3 blowouts :shrug:

We haven't really seen great basketball from both teams at the same time.

I think clearly these are the two best teams, and obviously both teams are chock full of talent...but it hasn't been one of the "best played Finals".

A great match up in theory...but we need more competitive games.

RiceOnTheRun
06-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Meh. I didn't find the last few games very exciting. Game 1 was nice, exciting, but I found the Bulls/Nets to be the most exciting this postseason tbh. Miami Indiana was kinda nice, so was Nuggets/Warriors. I would put all those series' ahead of Miami/Spurs for now unless it goes to a Game 7 after two close games.

bucketss
06-15-2013, 06:50 PM
there was talk that danny ****ing green might win finals mvp Lol, its been horrible, the star players on both sides under performing.

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Injuries have seriously plagued this league. NBA in general lacked the star power it normally had back then.

Rose
Dwight Howard
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Andrew Bynum
Kevin Love
Amare
Rajon Rondo
Granger
Russell Westbrook
Gallinari
Nowitzki

Playoffs would've been much better had they been healthy.

Max.This
06-15-2013, 07:51 PM
playoffs have really been bad. The west losing westbrook, the east losing rondo, rose, deng. Watching the pacers shoot 40 free throws a night is even worse. Daniel f ing green though has really been sweet to watch

JC_
06-15-2013, 07:55 PM
I thought last years was great. This year is kind of meh. There's no continuity between games which kind of takes the hype away from the series as a whole.

AnthonyTyrael
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
It's one of the weaker ones so far, just look at the margin each game. Ridiculous. NBA wants Miami to take the crown anyway, so that the "brand" NBA and it's marketing can shine, so what? And I don't see LeBron losing another one which would def hurt his image and reputation. San Antonio had its chance if they would have won game 4. So now, it's going to be Miami in 7.

BTW, those players mentioned or not wouldn't have made a huge difference imho, except for Granger and maybe Westbrook. I'd have liked to see Indiana in the Finals.

smith&wesson
06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
id say its crap. one game the heat play really well and spurs stink it up the next game its vice versa. im waiting for a game when both teams actually show up.

smith&wesson
06-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't know...

I think clearly these are the two best teams, and obviously both teams are chock full of talent...but it hasn't been one of the "best played Finals".

i agree.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 08:15 PM
NHL Finals yes. NBA no.

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 08:40 PM
It's one of the weaker ones so far, just look at the margin each game. Ridiculous. NBA wants Miami to take the crown anyway, so that the "brand" NBA and it's marketing can shine, so what? And I don't see LeBron losing another one which would def hurt his image and reputation. San Antonio had its chance if they would have won game 4. So now, it's going to be Miami in 7.

BTW, those players mentioned or not wouldn't have made a huge difference imho, except for Granger and maybe Westbrook. I'd have liked to see Indiana in the Finals.

Well, those players are all star players and could've shaped the playoffs if they were healthy.

Federal Reserve
06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
The Spurs are very boring to watch: the only thing the players do is shoot three-pointers.

alexander_37
06-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Lol no.

RiceOnTheRun
06-16-2013, 05:06 AM

You have a much more competitive series with Rondo/Stat back.
Lakers are a completely different team with Kobe, Dwight and Nash healthy.
76ers are a legit threat in the East with a healthy Bynum.
Thunder actually have a chance with Westbrook.
Nuggets had some close games, could've swung either way with Gallo back.
Granger back gives the Pacers better scoring off the bench, whether it be with Granger/George/Stephenson.
Chicago's potential grows exponentially with Rose back.
A healthy Wade next to Lebron makes the Heat nearly unstoppable.

Need I say more? I think the East lost out more personally. You have 7 competitive teams in the Celtics, Pacers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, 76ers, Heat. West loses out on the Lakers, yeah, but injuries affected the East as a whole far worse.

dalton749
06-16-2013, 05:24 AM
this is an awful series.
when fans are leaving the arena early from some games because you know who will win, you know its bad.
blowouts are terrible to watch in the finals
i would much rather see games come down to the final stretch

AnthonyTyrael
06-16-2013, 08:13 AM
You have a much more competitive series with Rondo/Stat back.
Lakers are a completely different team with Kobe, Dwight and Nash healthy.
76ers are a legit threat in the East with a healthy Bynum.
Thunder actually have a chance with Westbrook.
Nuggets had some close games, could've swung either way with Gallo back.
Granger back gives the Pacers better scoring off the bench, whether it be with Granger/George/Stephenson.
Chicago's potential grows exponentially with Rose back.
A healthy Wade next to Lebron makes the Heat nearly unstoppable.

Need I say more? I think the East lost out more personally. You have 7 competitive teams in the Celtics, Pacers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, 76ers, Heat. West loses out on the Lakers, yeah, but injuries affected the East as a whole far worse.

Ok. Yes, playoffs would be more competetive and interesting, outcome would still be the same imo. As said, it's just my opinion, so I might be wrong and yes, I can accept any other opinion too.

Lakers: Nash is a non factor. Dwight isn't an anchor defensively and his offense lacks. A guy with such a body shouldn't play like that. Ask Shaq, he says exactly the same. He's saying that all the time and he's right. Lakers misuse Nash and Dwight and it's a waste. Kobe has the heart and attitude but well I wouldn't be surprised if they would have had an early exit in this years playoffs nonetheless everybody being healthy. Sure, they could have gone deep, talentwise and by their experince, there are enough reason therefor too, but come on... who really believes that?

76ers: 76ers did play how many games together with Bynum? A child who can't control himself nor has he ever proved to be the centerpiece of a championship team? If he wouldn't get banned and if he would stay healthy, he probably could become better than Howard but he's going to be the next Oden and ROY anyway. Sadly, I wish he could walk in other fottsteps and show what he's really capable of.

Thunder: They have the ebst chance, together with Indiana to advance to the Finals, right. So yeah, this would be a change in this years playoffs. I don't think they would have a chance to win it all. They're playing on a high level but still they lack a bit.

Nuggets: They have good streaks and impressive wins. Would it be enough to advance to the 2nd round with Gallo?

Bulls: in my eyes Rose is overrated, one of the weakest MVP's we've seen. In almost two years, he hasn't played that much. I don't know how he'd fit into the Bulls chemistry and offense right now. It's said that Bulls play a lockdown defense and that defense wins games...so why are Bulls always losing in the postseason?

Wade... healthy or not... they're in the finals and it's tied. They've lost to the Mavs two years ago. Duncan is almost 37, Ginobili 36 and Miami has a much better team surrounding their big three by now then back then.

Iron24th
06-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Not at all.

BALLER R
06-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Game 5 should comes down to the wire. Each team has blown the other team out already. They should have a good feel for each other. Now this series should get really exciting.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 10:05 AM
This has been one of the most boring playoffs I can remember, Finals included.

JordansBulls
06-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know...

2005 Finals thru the first 4 games were all blowouts, but it going 7 games made it a special finals.

JordansBulls
06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
This has been one of the most boring playoffs I can remember, Finals included.

That is because soo many stars were injured. It was really a cakewalk to the finals for Miami especially. At least SA had to play a decent Memphis team.

goingfor28
06-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Manu has been studly

king4day
06-16-2013, 02:44 PM
If every game was like game 1, then you have a case. But 3 blowouts says otherwise. Very lopsided and after each team pulls away, I lose interest and change the channel.

king4day
06-16-2013, 02:45 PM
That is because soo many stars were injured. It was really a cakewalk to the finals for Miami especially. At least SA had to play a decent Memphis team.

It took Miami almost a full half in game 7 before finally pulling away from Indy. Series 1 and 2, yes, but they had a legit chance to lose last round.

SteveNash
06-16-2013, 04:02 PM

How did injuries give the Heat a cakewalk to the finals?

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-16-2013, 11:34 PM
The Spurs are very boring to watch: the only thing the players do is shoot three-pointers.

Lol I want to know what people consider "fun basketball". Spurs play some of the best team basketball in the NBA. Would you rather just have Lebron and Durant play 1 v 1 and dunk every time down the floor?

JC_
06-16-2013, 11:38 PM

It was more of a cakewalk for the Spurs than it was for Miami if you consider how teams matchup against one another.

kubernetes
06-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Did Miami have a cakewalk to the finals?