PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Won’t Agree to Dwight Howard Sign and Trade

Dade County
06-15-2013, 03:12 PM
I feel the Clippers will do the same thing... To me the owners already planned this, when the lock out happened. This is a way to say that this is are league, not a players league.

And The Owners Collusion Begins!

So what if Dwight Howard leaves? Here’s one thing you won’t see: the Lakers helping him find his dream team, or trying to salvage something for him, with a sign-and-trade.

Barring a bonanza they don’t expect to be offered, insiders say the Lakers’ fallback position would be to bring back this team and bank the savings—almost $50 million in salary and luxury tax.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=254421

BenFrank
06-15-2013, 03:15 PM
This should put the Rockets in the Drivers Seat

TrueFan420
06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Their just trying to gain leverage back but when push comes to shove their not stupid

HouRealCoach
06-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Atl here they come

Chucky Woods
06-15-2013, 03:34 PM
This should put the Rockets in the Drivers SeatEither that or the Atlanta Hawks, both have the cap to do something big. The Laker fan in me wants to get something back for Howard, since he's as good as gone.

Jenceman
06-15-2013, 03:51 PM
This is just Lakers management being prideful ****bags. If he really isn't going to resign, which I'm not entirely sold on, then trying to get something like Blake Griffin in a sign and trade would be ideal. He's still a budding superstar

Dade County
06-15-2013, 04:29 PM
This is just Lakers management being prideful ****bags. If he really isn't going to resign, which I'm not entirely sold on, then trying to get something like Blake Griffin in a sign and trade would be ideal. He's still a budding superstar

But we all know that the Clippers wouldn't trade Blake for Howard, just for the sign & trade to go down.

Everyone on this forum should no by now, that in a sign & trade, the team losing the star player, doesn't get a damn all star player back (99.9% of the time)!

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I would do the same. Unless they get an outstanding offer, why help Howard get the most money possible, or go somewhere that allows him to play with CP3 (outside ATL who I think is the only one with room for both).

Lake_Show2416
06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
happy to hear, the Lakers can afford to do this, always been a team who rebounds fast

naps
06-15-2013, 04:37 PM
So apparently Howard doesn't want to come back home even though they can give him the opportunity to play with CP3 and Al Horford? If this is possible and doesn't work out in the end because of Howard's reluctance he should go suck some ****s!

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
happy to hear, the Lakers can afford to do this, always been a team who rebounds fast

You know I have always heard this as a comment about the end of the Kobe-era. The Lakers will recover, they always do. I don't know if that is going to be true in this situation. This will be the first time they lose a star in the media driven era. The Bulls took a while to recover after losing Jordan, just because every analyst and beat writer will be dying to compare x new player to Kobe. It is a lot of pressure that leads to disappoinment. This will also be the first time Jerry Buss isn't there to work his magic. Good luck to them, but this logic is flawed.

On topic, I think the Lakers are screwing up not being willing to do a S&T. They are just going to lose an all-star player. Maybe they want to hand onto their salary cap and tank this next season to make a run at Wiggins.

Lake_Show2416
06-15-2013, 06:00 PM
You know I have always heard this as a comment about the end of the Kobe-era. The Lakers will recover, they always do. I don't know if that is going to be true in this situation. This will be the first time they lose a star in the media driven era. The Bulls took a while to recover after losing Jordan, just because every analyst and beat writer will be dying to compare x new player to Kobe. It is a lot of pressure that leads to disappoinment. This will also be the first time Jerry Buss isn't there to work his magic. Good luck to them, but this logic is flawed.

On topic, I think the Lakers are screwing up not being willing to do a S&T. They are just going to lose an all-star player. Maybe they want to hand onto their salary cap and tank this next season to make a run at Wiggins.

the difference between the Bulls & Lakers is that the Lakers have always been an attractive team for free agents which is different from trying to draft unproven talent & hoping for the best, they can sign an established high profile free agent to carry the franchise's future

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:03 PM
the difference between the Bulls & Lakers is that the Lakers have always been an attractive team for free agents which is different from trying to draft unproven talent & hoping for the best, they can sign an established high profile free agent to carry the franchise's future

Jerry Buss did, he is dead. This is a different era, young players might not want to go to LA and compete with Kobe's legacy. Why would they when they can go to a smaller market team and group up with other stars and create their own legacy.

abe_froman
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Jerry Buss did, he is dead. This is a different era, young players might not want to go to LA and compete with Kobe's legacy. Why would they when they can go to a smaller market team and group up with other stars and create their own legacy.
they will.the city is such a natural selling point there will always be droves of young players that will clamor to it,just as there always is of young people.why go to a small market when you can go to the entertainment capitol ,where its always warm and sunny?

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:12 PM
they will.the city is such a natural selling point there will always be droves of young players that will clamor to it,just as there always is of young people.why go to a small market when you can go to the entertainment capitol ,where its always warm and sunny?

It has been 16 years since the Lakers had to get a centerpiece young star. Buss had a knack for finding them and luring them to LA. This will be the first time without Buss and in a new era of media coverage and pressure.

RiceOnTheRun
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM

Because a small market has James Harden.
Because a small market could have CP3.
Because a small market has cap space.

abe_froman
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
It has been 16 years since the Lakers had to get a centerpiece young star. Buss had a knack for finding them and luring them to LA. This will be the first time without Buss and in a new era of media coverage and pressure.
i'm not trying to discount buss' impact,but l.a. is l.a. dont underestimate the lure of your city ,even before buss they got wilt,kareem,ect. flocking there over all other cities

abe_froman
06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Because a small market has James Harden.
Because a small market could have CP3.
Because a small market has cap space.
houston is a small market? its the 4th largest city in the us,how is that small?
cp3 is in la and what small market is he going to? since you know the future i'd like you to tell me the powerball numbers to
capspace is great but its not the end all ,be all for player movement

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
i'm not trying to discount buss' impact,but l.a. is l.a. dont underestimate the lure of your city ,even before buss they got wilt,kareem,ect. flocking there over all other cities

I am sorry but I will stop talking to you right now. You must not be a Lakers fan you are a LA Kobe fan. Buss was the reason the Lakers got Kareem, Worthy, Johnson, Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, ETC.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
houston is a small market? its the 4th largest city in the us,how is that small?
cp3 is in la and what small market is he going to? since you know the future i'd like you to tell me the powerball numbers to
capspace is great but its not the end all ,be all for player movement

Houston is a small market basketball town. The term small market doesn't have anything to do with city demographic or size, it has to do with the market. The basketball market in Houston is considered small.

abe_froman
06-15-2013, 06:26 PM
I am sorry but I will stop talking to you right now. You must not be a Lakers fan you are a LA Kobe fan. Buss was the reason the Lakers got Kareem, Worthy, Johnson, Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, ETC.
how? kareem came in '75 ,buss didnt own the lakers til '79.so who isnt a lakers fan?(btw i never said i was,i'm a bulls fan.i'm just not blind t the fact that the la will always be a mecca for young players to want to go to)

abe_froman
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Houston is a small market basketball town. The term small market doesn't have anything to do with city demographic or size, it has to do with the market. The basketball market in Houston is considered small.
yes,actually it does.please look up the term market.it has only to do with populace for which you have the potential to sell to/have watch your content ,or the population of an area as a whole

grandsalami
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 8m
Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

raiderposting
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
how? kareem came in '75 ,buss didnt own the lakers til '79.so who isnt a lakers fan?(btw i never said i was,i'm a bulls fan.i'm just not blind t the fact that the la will always be a mecca for young players to want to go to)

It was buss. He went into a time machine and said I'm the future owner.

KingstonHawke
06-15-2013, 06:41 PM
The Lakers, just like any other team, will make a trade if they think it benefits their team. Point blank period... it's really not that complicated. If the Clippers were to offer Griffin, Jordan, and Bledsoe for Howard... the Lakers would jump at that offer.

Then they could turn around and trade Pau to a team like the Celtics for Pierce, Melo, and Sullinger.

I'd like how all 3 teams would look after that.

Lakers:
Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Griffin, Jordan

Clippers:
Paul, Crawford, Butler, Odom, Howard

Celts:
Ronda, Lee, Green, Garnett, Gasol

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM

Yes Kareem was on the Lakers pre-Buss. Buss was instrumental in keeping him around along with Magic in order to create the Showtime Lakers. I just wrote too fast, meant to write he kept Kareem and added those other players.

grandsalami
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
The Lakers, just like any other team, will make a trade if they think it benefits their team. Point blank period... it's really not that complicated. If the Clippers were to offer Griffin, Jordan, and Bledsoe for Howard... the Lakers would jump at that offer.

Then they could turn around and trade Pau to a team like the Celtics for Pierce, Melo, and Sullinger.

I'd like how all 3 teams would look after that.

Lakers:
Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Griffin, Jordan

Clippers:
Paul, Crawford, Butler, Odom, Howard

Celts:
Ronda, Lee, Green, Garnett, Gasol

no

Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 06:43 PM
yes,actually it does.please look up the term market.it has only to do with populace for which you have the potential to sell to/have watch your content ,or the population of an area as a whole

You don't know what marketshare is, do you?

KingstonHawke
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
no

This reminds me of the time that Nick Saban said he wasn't going to leave the Dolphins. "Never" is short for "Never... unless the price is right".

The right price (imo) is Griffin, Jordan, and Bledsoe.

lakerfan85
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes Kareem was on the Lakers pre-Buss. Buss was instrumental in keeping him around along with Magic in order to create the Showtime Lakers. I just wrote too fast, meant to write he kept Kareem and added those other players.

Lol!! Sure that's what you meant to do...

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Lol!! Sure that's what you meant to do...

and ignored for bringing nothing to the table but sarcasm and an *******s attitude.

lakerfan85
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
and ignored for bringing nothing to the table but sarcasm and an *******s attitude.

Oh no!!! What should I do??

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I can't see what you wrote. This is great. You can edit out the stupidity.

jezzyman05
06-15-2013, 07:37 PM
To be honestly the lakers are going to do what's best for the franchise, if Howard leaves for nothing then they at least get cap relief and next season when Pau and Kobe come off the books then they will be in strong shape to rebuild quick.

Laker fans might not like it but a year of sucking might be the best thing to happen to lakers they can clean house and start over in the post Kobe era

justinnum1
06-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Why would they ever sign and trade him in the same division?

DeyAce
06-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Houston, Atlanta, or Nets will get him. Philly is my sleeper.

Jagged QT
06-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Why would they ever sign and trade him in the same division?

They wanna be like Phx with Nash?

I doubt they do it though.

bholly
06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I love this story. Should read "Lakers say they won't S+T Dwight because of course they say that - what else would they say? - and everyone who wants them to take that stance believes it because of course they believe it".

knicksfan1969
06-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Lakers are playing their hand the right way but they will S&T if D12 simply makes a decision and informs the Lakers "figure it out or I leave for nothing."

TheLegend
06-15-2013, 08:56 PM
But we all know that the Clippers wouldn't trade Blake for Howard, just for the sign & trade to go down.

Everyone on this forum should no by now, that in a sign & trade, the team losing the star player, doesn't get a damn all star player back (99.9% of the time)!

I agree, but by now you should know that everybody on this forum don't think logically. (99.9% of the time)

RaiderLakersA's
06-15-2013, 09:07 PM
To be honestly the lakers are going to do what's best for the franchise, if Howard leaves for nothing then they at least get cap relief and next season when Pau and Kobe come off the books then they will be in strong shape to rebuild quick.

Laker fans might not like it but a year of sucking might be the best thing to happen to lakers they can clean house and start over in the post Kobe era

If Dwight doesn't re-sign and the Lakers can't bring in young, star quality replacement at any of the other positions, the writing will be on the wall. The humane thing to do at that point will be to amnesty Kobe and give him a chance to win a 6th ring elsewhere, if he so desires.

The one thing the Lakers can't do is swap out one over-the-hill superstar for another. I don't want Paul Pierce, aka The Truth, aka Cottonmouth Slim, under any circumstances. The Lakers roster is already filled with old players, who can't stay healthy. Youth must be served on any future transactions.

waveycrockett
06-15-2013, 09:17 PM
OH like DWIGHT HOWARD

LakersMaster24
06-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Only sign and trades I would consider:

Griffin + Bledsoe
Horford + Teague

However, I really doubt the Clippers and Hawks are that stupid.

jerellh528
06-15-2013, 09:24 PM
i'd do howard for griffen, bledsoe, and a 1rst.

BirdIsTheWord
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm assuming they don't want anyone for him so they have as much cap space as possible for 2014 when Kobe and Pau are off the books. Although the right offer might change that.

kobe4thewinbang
06-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Maybe the Lakers are refusing a sign-and-trade proposal because they CAN'T do it financially?
Several Lakers fans have told me that teams over the salary cap can't do a sign-and-trade.

RLundi
06-15-2013, 10:10 PM

This is all incorrect.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 10:14 PM
This is all incorrect.

Your market size has to do with your media market. Please tell you me think Houston has a large media marketshare for basketball.

EL_MACHETE
06-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Howard & Paul should sign with Atlanta

Then try to sign Iggy

Pg- Paul
Sg- Korver
Sf- Iggy
Pf- Hoford
C- Howard

RLundi
06-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Your market size has to do with your media market. Please tell you me think Houston has a large media marketshare for basketball.

You're misinformed.

A market size has nothing to do with "share," especially between different sports. It has to do with metropolitan area, the number of households and how many within each particular market can receive the same tv and radio programming and newspaper.

Houston has like 6 million people. And it's entire metro area is more than one market, as stupidly defined by the FCC. Independent of silly lines that random people drew up, the best indicator is population. And Houston is top 5 in population. Calling it small market is flat-out wrong.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 10:28 PM
You're misinformed.

A market size has nothing to do with "share," especially between different sports. It has to do with metropolitan area, the number of households and how many within each particular market can receive the same tv and radio programming and newspaper.

Houston has like 6 million people. And it's entire metro area has more than one market. Independent of silly lines that random people drew up, the best indicator is population. And Houston is top 5 in population. Calling it small market is flat-out wrong.

When it comes to TV deals for basketball they look at more than population to figure out marketshare. Houston TV deal is relatively small last time I checked compared to quite a few teams. Yes they are not the smallest market, but in no way are they a major market, not since Yao left and that marketshare dropped a bit.

RLundi
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
When it comes to TV deals for basketball they look at more than population to figure out marketshare. Houston TV deal is relatively small last time I checked compared to quite a few teams. Yes they are not the smallest market, but in no way are they a major market, not since Yao left and that marketshare dropped a bit.

Once again, market share has nothing to do with how big a market is. TV deals are based on which teams are going to produce the most income from people watching, not necessarily market size, though the biggest markets are generally the most favorable ones for that.

By your definition, the only big markets in the NBA (and the United States) are New York, LA and Chicago.

Simply put, Houston is not small-market. If they're small-market, then what do you consider Milwaukee, Salt Lake City, OKC etc?

3RDASYSTEM
06-15-2013, 10:43 PM
if its really true that CP3/DWIGHT are angling to team up then I feel that MAVS have clear upper hand

whenever news about a team hits the mainstream first hard it usually doesn't pan out but you never know

its been documented for past couple yrs that CUBAN was trying to pair DWILL-DWIGHT or CP3-DWIGHT along with DIRK in either combo

now that's a serious new big 3 to contend with, DIRK is perfect stretch big for HOWARD, plus he can still finish at the rim,he's a FOOTER

a MAVS-HEAT/KNICKS matchup would have SILVER starting out with a bang in his commissioner debut

3RDASYSTEM
06-15-2013, 10:51 PM

TX is what you have to deal with

its like all of TX is pulling for SPURS in FINALS right now,how do you not understand that? even I bet they cousin LOUISIANA is rooting for them as well

you don't think all of ILLINOIS was pulling for the BULLS in those glory days? and majority of MIDWEST for that matter

when you have multiple teams in professional sports in the entire state that calls for a no. 4 spot on the biggest markets in AMERICA, TX is top 4 market

nothing more nothing less, damn good spot for any athlete with game, see HAKEEM for proof or that 5 slamma jamma for even more and you can even add TMAC-YAO to the mix, imagine had they stayed just 85pct healthy as a duo, even baseball and soccer has had success

if you're a top 5 market in AMERICA that's 'elite' company

3RDASYSTEM
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM

YAO just made it huge because of CHINA following but TX has AMERICA's team and had the SMU fame with DICKERSON and that huge NCAA scandal and CUBAN with the MAVS and like I mentioned HAKEEM and the TMAC/YAO combo

they are a major market with or without YAO, a no. 4(no worse than 5) ranking in entire country

who are you trying to fool?

if memory serves correct no 1 is NY, no 2 is CALI, no 3 is ILLINOIS, and TX falls no further than 5

I could be wrong but I doubt it

winning has a lot to do with tv deals $$$$ splurge, had it been such a big deal back in early 90's then that back to back team would have landed a huge tv deal(or maybe it did?), also as you mentioned with TMAC/YAO ratings were huge, and now if they land a top notch free agent to pair with HARDEN then that tv deal could get bigger $$ wise

a big market team could still suck, its not a given they compete like the other top 3 but they should

bholly
06-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Maybe the Lakers are refusing a sign-and-trade proposal because they CAN'T do it financially?
Several Lakers fans have told me that teams over the salary cap can't do a sign-and-trade.

The rule is that you can't accept players via S+T if it would put you over the apron (ie $4m over the luxury tax level). There is not restriction on sending players away via S+T. The Lakers can S+T Dwight.

king4day
06-16-2013, 12:56 AM
If it's true they declined Bledsoe and Griffin for Howard, then the entire Laker brass needs to go. That's just moronic. Nash and Griffin work better than Nash and Howard. You also have your PG of the future. Rebuild on the fly.

And if they really want Kevin Love (old rumor), you might be able to trade Griffin for him.

Just idiotic on the Lakers' part. Only because they have little leverage on keeping Howard. He hasn't committed to staying and signs seem to indicate he wouldn't be opposed to leaving.

cp3fan
06-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I think they're using the clippers trade as leverage to pressure Houston to cave and give up Harden to pair Howard and Cp3

ewing
06-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Good. Players had gotten out of hand. some guys get traded to a team they don't like and never even get on the plane. You get to play basketball for a living give back to it a little

Chuck Taylor
06-16-2013, 01:52 AM
If it's true they declined Bledsoe and Griffin for Howard, then the entire Laker brass needs to go. That's just moronic. Nash and Griffin work better than Nash and Howard. You also have your PG of the future. Rebuild on the fly.

And if they really want Kevin Love (old rumor), you might be able to trade Griffin for him.

Just idiotic on the Lakers' part. Only because they have little leverage on keeping Howard. He hasn't committed to staying and signs seem to indicate he wouldn't be opposed to leaving.

If the right S&T comes along, you can bet your *** they'll do it.

Chuck Taylor
06-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Griffin for Howard? Lakers win that deal!!!!!!! whoa

shep33
06-16-2013, 02:12 AM

I honestly don't think anything has been talked about yet. Lot of rumors swirling, but a S&T won't work until July 1st. Howard still has to visit a few locations first too.

Also the Clips seem to want KG and Doc on board first before they even go in the direction of trying to attain Howard.

Everything is premature right now, but if Howard says he walks, I bet the Lakers take that deal in a second

bholly
06-16-2013, 02:24 AM
^^July 10th. Gotta wait till the moratorium is over before signing vets (unless they're min salary guys or accepting a qualifying offer).

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I really don't want to see the Clippers trade Blake. He changed our franchise. I can see Howard being a better fit with CP3, but I still believe in Blake's crazy upside and don't want to see him on the Lakers for the next decade.

shep33
06-16-2013, 02:32 AM
^^July 10th. Gotta wait till the moratorium is over before signing vets (unless they're min salary guys or accepting a qualifying offer).

Ah, thanks for the correction bholly. :cheers:

Gonna be an interesting offseason.

shep33
06-16-2013, 02:36 AM
I really don't want to see the Clippers trade Blake. He changed our franchise. I can see Howard being a better fit with CP3, but I still believe in Blake's crazy upside and don't want to see him on the Lakers for the next decade.

You know what's strange? I think CP3 + Dwight has a lot of question marks in terms of their playing styles. Dwight is great, but offensively, on a pick and roll he's not very good at all. Blake is a better rounded offensive player in my opinion (cause he can handle the ball and knock down jumpers), but Dwight's defense is such a difference maker (when healthy).

Lakers + Giants
06-16-2013, 04:13 AM

completely agree.

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2013, 04:19 AM
^^ If the Clippers get Garnett he and Howard would be a ridiculous defensive pairing. They would no doubt be a championship contender for 2 years. Who knows what would be left after that. Howard and Paul may not have more than 2-3 more years as star players. I don't think Blake will ever be the best player in the game but he does have the talent and skill to be. I do think he will be a top 5 player for a good 5 years. I'd hate to see it on the Lakers. If the Clippers can get KG and keep Bledsoe for another trade I think they'd be contenders with Blake. No need to go the extra mile to get Howard and mortgage the next decade.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-16-2013, 04:42 AM
The Blake show! Lakers better not screw that up if its true. I wouldn't mind Howard leaving if he could net us Blake

Trueblue2
06-16-2013, 07:09 AM
We all know BK was Dwights first choice, if they can work it out financially so they can S&T for Dwight LA would be stupid not to listen. First off it keeps him out of the conference on a team with little cap flexibility, and second it will likely net a return of Brook Lopez +. Brook is on a long term contract that's cheaper than Dwight's, having him would give LA an all star center (with post moves and a polished offensive game) and around 7 million more to spend in FA in 2014.

In order to be able to S&T BK would need to cut their salary from ~86mil to ~74mil and send out as much money as they're signing Dwight to. Kris Humphries happens to have a 12mil expiring contract that shouldn't be too hard to move, especially if a 1st rounder was included in the deal. A 12mil expiring is a huge trade asset at the deadline with this upcoming FA class so it's very plausible someone takes on Humphries with the intent of unloading him later in the season.

Dwight's probably gonna sign for 20mil and Lopez (14.5mil) is the main piece the lakers would get back. That leaves the nets trying to come up with 5.5 mil in extra salary to send back. Which would look something like Teletovic (3.2mil) + Watson (1.1mil) + 2nd year bench warmers to make up the difference.

Nets get to keep Brooks and pair Dwight with Dwill and Joe Johnson and build around that core for the next few years.

Dwill
JJ/Brooks
Crash
Evans/Blatche
Dwight/Blatche

Lakers get a consolation prize in Lopez and a young player that could amount to something in teletovic. With less money committed in the 2014 offseason.

Nash/Blake/Watson
Kobe/Meeks/watson
Metta/Clark
Pau/Clark/Teletovic
Lopez/Hill

If BK is able to financially make the S&T possible it's definitely worth considering for LA. I'd like for them to hold out for brooks, but even if they didn't I wouldn't be devastated by a similar trade. Lopez is solid, Teletovic has potential, and even Watson shoots well from behind the arc. Watson expires after the 2014 season and there has to be a team out there willing to take on Teletovic without sending non expiring contracts back.

Don't get me wrong, I really really want the Lakers to re-sign Dwight and for him to be the next great big man for LA. But if he wants out I'd be fine with Brook Lopez and about 7 million more dollars in cap space in 2014.

ldawg
06-16-2013, 07:31 AM
If i am Lakers i pull that trade but they have to include dj. Meaning Eric, Griffen and Jordan for Howard and another player like Artest, Hill or Blake.

RiceOnTheRun
06-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Doesn't even matter. Houston takes him straight up once he hits FA :cheers:

tr3ymill3r
06-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Both the Clippers and Lakers would be stupid to do sign and trades with each other at this point. Especially when it's concerning these two players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Bucks could help out the Clippers to trim payroll. Clippers could unload Butler,Jordan and Bledsoe would be the sweetener to get us to do the deal. That's more then enough to sign Howard out right to pair up with CP3. We toss in a second rounder and you get a huge TPE.

goingfor28
06-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Blake>Dwight

mike_noodles
06-16-2013, 09:40 AM
It's a nice sentiment, but I will believe it when I see it. The Cavs said the same thing about James.

c.c.
06-16-2013, 10:33 AM
They just playing hard, if a "decent" offer not even a "good" one comes thru. They will accept it!

Tony_Starks
06-16-2013, 02:10 PM
If he wants to go let him walk. Next season will more than likely be a lost season by Laker standards either way. Save the money then in 2014 fire the nitwit coach and do the big re-up with free agents.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
If the lakers aren't willing to take griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight then they are ********... This is a win win for both teams the lakers maybe a little more

Dade County
06-16-2013, 02:34 PM
If the lakers aren't willing to take griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight then they are ********... This is a win win for both teams the lakers maybe a little more

I don't think that anyone should believe that Griffin is up for trade.

IversonIsKrazy
06-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Makes sense in certain situations. FOr example: I would rather Let Howard walk rather than a deal with Clippers surrounding DJ, NEVER trade within same division unless of course the deal is for Griffin. I think if there's a sweet deal (such as Griffin), they'll take it, but if it's a crap deal, they'll simply let Dwight walk.

nysportsfan23
06-16-2013, 03:26 PM
If clippers pull off getting doc, kg, pierce while keeping Paul, griffin, Crawford, and Bledsoe; lakers are going to have to rethink.
You're seriously going to let Dwight leave for nothing in the hope that lebron comes in 2014, To play with Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant in their last year?
That has to be their game plan, if it isn't I would love to know who else they plan to sign next summer to fill seats and compete. Take the deal, then you have griffin, Bledsoe, picks, cap space.

Lake_Show2416
06-16-2013, 04:09 PM
If the Clippers r serious bout trading Blake in a sign & trade deal with the Lakers, i dont see how the Lakers could refuse if Dwight's set on leaving, thats great compensation for a player thats going to walk regardless

sunsfan88
06-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Why does Dwight not want to play for Atlanta so badly?

Was it that bad for him there when he was growing up?

SportsFanatic10
06-16-2013, 06:25 PM
if he's set on leaving i find it hard to believe they wouldn't cave and try to get something back in return.

Chuck Taylor
06-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Mitch is no dummy. He'll listen to offers.