PDA

View Full Version : Clippers and Celtics Revisiting Mega Blockbuster Trade

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I saw that a few people talked about this in the Doc Rivers coaching thread but figured it's better in a relevant titled thread. Anyways there is big momentum picking up apparently for a huge Clippers/Celtics trade. This trade has been visited the last two years by the teams, although they didn't include Doc before. Here are the ways it's likely to get done.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/4648/how-the-clippers-celtics-trade-could-happen

Some quotes and sources.

Source to Globe: “If Doc is honest, his dream scenario is him coaching the Clippers with Kevin Garnett & a chance to win the championship."

- Baxter Holmes, Boston Globe

B]"There's a rising belief around the NBA that Doc, KG & Pierce all want to carry on as a trio in Clipperland if they can't roll on in Boston"[/B]

"Cash and draft considerations in exchange for Doc? Separate trades for Garnett and Pierce without surrendering Blake Griffin? All do-able"

-Marc Stein ESPN

"You'd think #Clipper-#Celtic trade couldn't happen, except the the fact that Clips like Doc, KG, and Celts like Bled, DeAndre… and Vinny?"

"Of course, Ainge driving hard bargain--but if Doc says he'll retire instead, it's between Clipper offer or zip."

-Mark Heisler

"This is indeed the goal, I'm told"@ESPNSteinLine: Doc, KG & Pierce all want to join Clippers as a trio if they can't roll on in Boston"

-Chris Broussard

Basically a ton of analysts and sources have talked about this picking up serious steam. Bonus read... did any of you know the Celtics and Braves (now Clippers) were swapped in the 70's? Clippers also could have had Larry Bird if they wanted in the swap.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/freaky-friday-n-b-a-style-when-the-clippers-were-the-celtics/

kenzo400
06-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Championship? If this trade was to happen, why would the Clippers be any better than the Celtics with Rondo?

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Championship? If this trade was to happen, why would the Clippers be any better than the Celtics with Rondo?

You don't think CP3, Griffin, KG, Pierce, Crawford coached by Doc could win a title?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-15-2013, 12:05 PM
You don't think CP3, Griffin, KG, Pierce, Crawford coached by Doc could win a title?

^ this

rocket
06-15-2013, 12:11 PM

Well any team can win a title.

RipCity32
06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
I still think its a stupid trade for the Clips.This would be a big win for the Celtics except for the losing Doc thing.

Slug3
06-15-2013, 12:13 PM

KG and Pierce are close to done. The best thing about this is getting Doc.

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2013, 12:14 PM

I don't . Not unless Blake is traded for Dwight . I truly don't . That's not beating OkC and hell not Memphis. Those too are old they can't move no more

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't . Not unless Blake is traded for Dwight . I truly don't . That's not beating OkC and hell not Memphis. Those too are old they can't move no more

Hmm... Pierce and KG both had all star years last year and have aged excellent. They are an upgrade over DJ+Bledsoe.. a quite huge one. I think Vegas would immediately have the Clippers as 2nd or 3rd in title odds.

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Hmm... Pierce and KG both had all star years last year and have aged excellent. They are an upgrade over DJ+Bledsoe.. a quite huge one.

That's was respect voting from the coaches. The clips can get an better offer from another team. I'd take KG to tough up Blake and defend but not Pierce though.

RipCity32
06-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Hmm... Pierce and KG both had all star years last year and have aged excellent. They are an upgrade over DJ+Bledsoe.. a quite huge one.

DJ and Bledsoe could have another good 10-12 years compared to Pierce and KG fighting for another 2 years.I just don't see the logic behind it.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:21 PM
DJ and Bledsoe could have another good 10-12 years compared to Pierce and KG fighting for another 2 years.I just don't see the logic behind it.

Well yes it obviously gives us less roster upside and a shorter window. BUT it's beneficial long term at the same time because in 2 years (maybe next summer if KG retires) we would have max cap space to fill in the roster.

Green_Monster
06-15-2013, 12:22 PM
KG and Pierce are close to done. The best thing about this is getting Doc.

KG was pretty good last year. I think Pierce will be much better as a #3 option and being a spot up shooter.

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2013, 12:23 PM
And on top of that losing a quality backup when Paul can be nicked up At any moment

RipCity32
06-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Well yes it obviously gives us less roster upside and a shorter window. BUT it's beneficial long term at the same time because in 2 years (maybe next summer if KG retires) we would have max cap space to fill in the roster.

I would shop Bledsoe around because you could get better offers than that.Orlando or someone could probably give you a better deal.

SlimKid
06-15-2013, 12:28 PM
"@ESPNSteinLine: Doc, KG & Pierce all want to join Clippers as a trio if they can't roll on in Boston"

Why can't Doc, KG, & Pierce "roll' in Boston?

I get them all wanting a better shot at a title - CP3 & Blake would help that - but why are they acting like they all can't be together in Boston next year?

Chronz
06-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Because the Clipper are better than the Celtics BEFORE adding these players. We all saw how dismally Boston played with Rondo at the helm. Imagine if they had 2 stars to carry the load .... god knows I have. I love when **** like this happens, it was somewhat obvious the 2 sides were meant for each other since last year when I was harping for a trade like this. Hopefully its not too late.

Chronz
06-15-2013, 12:33 PM
"@ESPNSteinLine: Doc, KG & Pierce all want to join Clippers as a trio if they can't roll on in Boston"

Why can't Doc, KG, & Pierce "roll' in Boston?

I get them all wanting a better shot at a title - CP3 & Blake would help that - but why are they acting like they all can't be together in Boston next year?

Might not be in the best interest of both sides. Boston is clearly declining and will eventually lose these players for nothing.

Gators123
06-15-2013, 12:37 PM
:laugh2: I love big trades. I hope it happens.

ThunderousDemon
06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Paul
???
Pierce
Blake
KG

Not bad.

BALLER R
06-15-2013, 12:40 PM
The best thing out of all this...KG would toughen up Blake Griffin.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
KG was pretty good last year. I think Pierce will be much better as a #3 option and being a spot up shooter.

Yup. Blake and CP3 are arguably THE best passers at their position in the NBA. Lots of open shots for Pierce. All he has to do is put effort into defense and knock down open 3's and his value to us will be huge.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-15-2013, 12:42 PM
paul
butler
pierce
griffin
garnett.....not bad on a 1 yr window.

BALLER R
06-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Yup. Blake and CP3 are arguably THE best passers at their position in the NBA. Lots of open shots for Pierce. All he has to do is put effort into defense and knock down open 3's and his value to us will be huge.

really?

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:43 PM
The best thing out of all this...KG would toughen up Blake Griffin.

Agree. KG would be the nasty mentor Blake has always lacked. If you think about it Blake has had nothing but **** coaches, **** big man mentors. Somebody like KG would do wonders for him.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:47 PM
really?

Yup. 4 apg Per 36. Only competition is Josh Smith which is why I said arguably. Bottom line is he's an elite passing 4 man. In his 3 years as a pro no other forward outside of Lebron and Iggy if you consider him one.. have had more 7+ assist games than Blake Griffin. He AVERAGED 6.5 assists per game for a 6 game stretch this year. Look at his season splits over his career and you'll see months where he averaged about 5 apg.

houstonfan
06-15-2013, 12:48 PM
So after this trade, the Rockets get CP3 and Dwight and the Clippers lineup looks like this:
Lin
Butler
Pierce
Blake
Garnett/Asik...

Seriously though CP3, Butler,Pierce,Griffin,KG isnt beating a healthy OKC team.

houstonfan
06-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Yup. 4 apg Per 36. Only competition is Josh Smith which is why I said arguably. Bottom line is he's an elite passing 4 man. In his 3 years as a pro no other forward outside of Lebron and Iggy if you consider him one.. have had more 7+ assist games than Blake Griffin. He AVERAGED 6.5 assists per game for a 6 game stretch this year. Look at his season splits over his career and you'll see months where he averaged about 5 apg.

Ya... Jeremy Lin had a month where he shot 43% from 3s... Doesnt mean he is an ELITE 3 point shooter.

kozelkid
06-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Lot of people are overrating Jordan here. And let's face it, if Clippers are going to keep Paul (which should be an obvious "duh" since he's a top 5 player), it makes little sense to keep Bledsoe who will likely demand 8-10 mil. Even with Paul's injury history.

Not to mention, I don't think people realize how much of a difference a competent coach makes in the NBA. Just for some perspective, with Vinny the Bulls were a .500 team, but with Thibs the Bulls improved by 20 wins. And I'm aware Bulls had roster changes, but even so. There's no reason to think Doc can't keep that team in order and playing like they did during their win streak rather than the immature team that couldn't maintain their success by the end and were reportedly fighting between each other. Doc alone makes a HUGE difference.

And Paul Pierce, in spite of his poor series against NY, played pretty damn well this season and is still a top 10 SF at least. KG is no schlub either. Keep in mind that they'd be 3rd/4th options at best on a team that sports Paul and Griffin. I absolutely think Clippers need to make this deal and would absolutely elevate them as a top contender assuming they could fill up their depth this offseason which shouldn't be too difficult.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Ya... Jeremy Lin had a month where he shot 43% from 3s... Doesnt mean he is an ELITE 3 point shooter.

SEASON average of 4 apg PER 36 is elite, no matter how you spin it for a PF. Josh Smith doesn't play with a ball dominant PG like CP3 and Griffin STILL only trails him by 1 percent on assist percentage. Blake assists on 20 percent of all Clippers teammates buckets. Anyways stop derailing the thread. The point was Blake and CP3 are amazing passers and Pierce will have an easy job.

houstonfan
06-15-2013, 12:56 PM
SEASON average of 4 apg PER 36 is elite, no matter how you spin it for a PF. Josh Smith doesn't play with a ball dominant PG like CP3 and Griffin STILL only trails him by 1 percent on assist percentage. Blake assists on 20 percent of all Clippers teammates buckets. Anyways stop derailing the thread. The point was Blake and CP3 are amazing passers and Pierce will have an easy job.

Im just saying the argument of "oh look at this 6 game stretch" or "look at him during this month!" is dumb. Anyone can have a good stretch of games.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh and did any of the older fans here know about the link I posted? That the Celtics and Clippers (then Braves) swapped franchises? Or that the Clippers COULD have taken Larry Bird to San Diego with them but didn't because they thought Red Aurbach would convince Bird not to re-sign?

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Im just saying the argument of "oh look at this 6 game stretch" or "look at him during this month!" is dumb. Anyone can have a good stretch of games.

Okay then we can stick with his career average of 3.7 apg or season average of 4 per 36 and that should be sufficient to show he's a top notch passing big. I keep mentioning per 36 because Vinny played Blake a mind boggling 32 minutes this year as if he was 38 years old.

houstonfan
06-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Okay then we can stick with his career average of 3.7 apg or season average of 4 per 36 and that should be sufficient to show he's a top notch passing big. I keep mentioning per 36 because Vinny played Blake a mind boggling 32 minutes this year as if he was 38 years old.

No I realize that hes a good passer. Its definitely him, Smith, and Pau as the top 3 passers at that position. Its just when I see that argument of looking at a small sample size it bugs me.

Iron24th
06-15-2013, 01:02 PM
KG and pierce are on their last legs, I would not trade for them.

houstonfan
06-15-2013, 01:14 PM
They should just try to S&T for Dwight instead of getting Pierce and KG.

hugepatsfan
06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, G Eric Bledsoe, F Caron Butler, G Willie Green, #25 pick
LAC gets: F Paul Pierce, F/C Kevin Garnett, HC Doc Rivers

2-ONE-5
06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
why deal your best trade asset in Bledsoe to get 1 year out of Peirce (maybe 2) and KG

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
No I realize that hes a good passer. Its definitely him, Smith, and Pau as the top 3 passers at that position. Its just when I see that argument of looking at a small sample size it bugs me.

Fair enough :cheers:

Dodgers99
06-15-2013, 02:05 PM
why deal your best trade asset in Bledsoe to get 1 year out of Peirce (maybe 2) and KG

Because he is one year away from getting an $8M+ offer sheet that they won't be able to match.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Because he is one year away from getting an $8M+ offer sheet that they won't be able to match.

Well technically we CAN... but who the hell wants to pay 8 million for a backup PG? Especially because there are SO many quality PG's out there that we can easily get a good one within MLE or even for minimum.

Dodgers99
06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Well technically we CAN... but who the hell wants to pay 8 million for a backup PG? Especially because there are SO many quality PG's out there that we can easily get a good one within MLE or even for minimum.

That's what I mean, it makes no sense. Plus, I like the idea of potentially having a crap load of cap space after next year or the year after (whenever KG would retire) to go along with CP3 (should he re-sign) and Blake.

IversonIsKrazy
06-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Aged KG > DJ
Aged Pierce > Aged Butler.
Vinny nvr played Bled much anyways, so his loss wouldn't feel as effected.
Plus Doc Rivers >>>> VDN.
With KG & Doc, team would gain a defensive intensity they've nvr had. And offensively that is a real good looking squad. It's a win-now move for Clips, and I think it's a good way to get CP3 to re-sign.
As for Boston, it's ok I guess. Though bled/rondo would be an interesting story to unfold in 2013/14 season.

Chronz
06-15-2013, 02:32 PM
really?
yES

Chronz
06-15-2013, 02:39 PM

I understand this argument when it comes to shooting% but playmaking efficiency? Depends on what you define as a small sample/high variance # but I highly doubt players really go through these really hot stretches in that department all that often. When it comes from a player whos already posting elite passing numbers from a bigman its alil easier to see the relevance. Context matters, IIRC that stretch came when CP3 was injured, those numbers coincide with a career long relationship between the 2. When Blake is the featured player, he doesn't respond by upping his scoring rate, he responds by facilitating the offense for everyone. Good or bad, hes getting better at this skill set and if he can just hone that jumper, I can imagine some very KG like seasons in terms of offensive skillset. But that elusive jumper is the hardest thing to acquire in sports, really dont know if Blake has that in him.

KingPosey
06-15-2013, 02:41 PM
I love the part about keeping Blake is "do able". **** ya it's doable, GETTING him from the Clippers I the part that isn't doable, not for that package and they have nothig else worth it.

Lol Blake for Garnett/ pierce

bloomis1307
06-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Lets not forget that part of the reason this might be a good trade is it would mean CP3 would want to stay? He's *****ed about the couch and tried to recruit KG before....If this trade leads to an extended contract for CP3 then its worth it for that reason alone.

kylem4711
06-15-2013, 03:26 PM
this would be nuts. i'm all for it

naps
06-15-2013, 04:17 PM
People are overrating the hell out of Bledsoe and DJ. Granted they have potential but if their priority is CP3 then they must do this as it gives them instead window. You guys don't think Pierce won't be a significant upgrade over anything they have at SG or SF? And KG blows DJ in whatever aspect you speak of when it comes basketball and beyond. This team ain't gonna be easy to beat in playoffs. Pierce is still a monster 4th quarter clutch guy to say the least. The leadership of CP3, Pierce, and KG with Doc on the sideline would be orgasmic.

mjt20mik
06-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Bled is gonna leave for more of an opportunity anyways. I really think DJ has hit his peak, his offensive skills have not come much along his ways.

Avenged
06-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Dwight's hoping this doesn't happen :laugh2:

Aust
06-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh dang... Very interesting.

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
And they'll leave Rondo alone in Celtics.. Wow, feel bad for him -sorta.

Lake_Show2416
06-15-2013, 05:00 PM
CP3
Butler
Pierce
Blake
KG

Billups
Crawford
Barnes ...mayb

+ im sure they'll sign someone solid with the mini mid level

Coached by Doc, looks like a championship contender to me & i would put my money on them

Celticsfan2007
06-15-2013, 05:07 PM
You gotta get back Bledsoe if your the Celtics. **** the 1st round picks... The clips are gonna be a top 4 team in the west anyhow.

kylem4711
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
"Wojnarowski reports Clippers owner Donald Sterling is prepared to offer Rivers $7 million per year. Rivers was also expected to speak with Chris Paul on Saturday to gauge his interest in re-signing if Garnett and Rivers were to come to Los Angeles. "

interesting.

PC
06-15-2013, 05:17 PM
The LA Celtics

PC
06-15-2013, 05:19 PM
CP3
Butler
Pierce
Blake
KG

Billups
Crawford
Barnes ...mayb

+ im sure they'll sign someone solid with the mini mid level

Coached by Doc, looks like a championship contender to me & i would put my money on them

They would have to trade away Butler, probably Crawford too, to make the financials work.

Rivera
06-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I wonder if pierce would be involved too if im LAC and i pull this off im asking the lakers for a BG dwight swap (with other pieces) just because that. defense and intensity if Lakers want to be hard than Blake will be more than suitable

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't care who disagrees but coaching is getting so overrated! Besides Pop, all these recent coaches that been successful just been in good situations.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Where are the Donald Sterling is cheap comments? Not sure another owner has spent as freely as him in recent years.

grandsalami
06-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine56s
Sources tell ESPN that Clips want to keep Bledsoe out of trade with Celtics for KG (and Doc) to be able to put Bledsoe in separate deal
https://twitter.com/...026021939732480

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Sterling is about to no lube Ainge if he plays hardball. Sterling is the perfect man,for the quote "Not a single **** was given that day".

shep33
06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
2 things I'm hearing: Celts holding tight for Bledsoe in this Clips deal, and C's trying to dump 1 or 2 contracts in it (Terry and/or Lee).

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2WKHpnLqQ

kenzo400
06-15-2013, 06:49 PM

Not an old KG and Pierce. The big difference is Blake and that would make them better. But I don't see Blake making that tremendous of a difference.

kenzo400
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM

The problem is that he would have to run to the three point line in time lol

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 10:32 PM
This deal is dying because the Clippers are smart enough to know that Boston needs them more than the other way around long term. Ainge is demanding multiple first round picks too? GTFO with that trash. Clippers will be hiring Hollins or Shaw according to Broderick Turner of LA times and they are moving on from Doc+Boston. Maybe it's posturing but DO NOT let that team try to dictate everything and no lube you.

Method28
06-16-2013, 12:09 AM
This deal is dying because the Clippers are smart enough to know that Boston needs them more than the other way around long term. Ainge is demanding multiple first round picks too? GTFO with that trash. Clippers will be hiring Hollins or Shaw according to Broderick Turner of LA times and they are moving on from Doc+Boston. Maybe it's posturing but DO NOT let that team try to dictate everything and no lube you.

Im NOT ok with giving bled + jordan + picks for kg and doc. No way. Dj and picks....yes please.

This non sense of howard for griffing + bledsoe is ridiculous as well imo. I honestly wouldn't trade griffin for howard straight up let alone include Bledsoe.

FOBolous
06-16-2013, 12:21 AM
paul
butler
pierce
griffin
garnett.....not bad on a 1 yr window.

this. they'll be like the NYK this year. if they failed to win a title...then what? if they DO manage to win a title...then what? at best, the Clippers will be a one shot wonder.

the Clippers would be better served LONG TERM if they shop Bidolse and DJ around for younger, promising players.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-16-2013, 12:36 AM

This exactly...

Clippers will have other options ... Boston will prob get nothing for kg if they don't take this ... noway do you give up more then DJ and a pick or 2 for kg and the rights to doc.... kg is 37 for crying out loud

bradyoverrated
06-16-2013, 12:59 AM
why is everyone so big on Eric Bledsoe?

i don't see him play much (as a Celtics fan), and his stats seem decent but nothing special. what am i missing?

please fill me in.

bradyoverrated
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
this. they'll be like the NYK this year. if they failed to win a title...then what? if they DO manage to win a title...then what? at best, the Clippers will be a one shot wonder.

the Clippers would be better served LONG TERM if they shop Bidolse and DJ around for younger, promising players.

how much younger can you get than Bledsoe and Jordan?

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 01:47 AM

Except it doesn't really hurt their future at all despite giving them a great 1-2 year window. KG is signed to an almost identical deal to DeAndre Jordan and Pierce is an expiring contract just like Caron Butler. They upgrade from an average C and below average SF to borderline top 5 players in the NBA at both spots and get arguably the 2nd best coach in the NBA all for their backup PG.

And what young player do you think they can trade Bledsoe for? Aaron Affalo is the hottest name I've heard but is that really a better move for LAC just because he's younger? A CP3/Affalo/Butler/Blake/Jordan team isn't as good as the KG/Pierce potential lineup. KG and Pierce will do more for the Clips in 1-2 seasons than a role player can do in 5 years. If they're getting back a potential top 3 player then by all means trade for the younger guy. But if you're getting just a solid role player for Bledsoe it makes sense to trade him for the older but better help.

PraiseJesus
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Its too much if Bledsoe is included.

I know its unheard of for a Coach to get traded - but KG gives you more than Jordan does at this point and Doc makes the entire organization better.

Thats the difference.

This is a chance for the Clippers to get the 2nd best coach in the NBA, something they have never had.

If Boston can settle on 2 1st rnd Draft picks and the young 7 foot DeAndre then this deal should happen. No other team will give them 2 first rounders

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 02:31 AM
BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, G Eric Bledsoe, F Caron Butler, #25 pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, G Courtney Lee, F Brandon Bass, HC Doc Rivers

Then Pierce signs a MLE deal for 2 years with the Clips and they bring Matt Barnes back.

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Barnes
Blake/Bass
KG

Clippers have that core locked up for 2 more seasons and after that they have max cap space to put together a new supporting cast around CP3 and Blake.

The Celtics clear a ton of money from their books and get back a PG in Bledsoe that frees them to move Rondo for pieces they can rebuild with.

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2013, 04:05 AM

Then Pierce signs a MLE deal for 2 years with the Clips and they bring Matt Barnes back.

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Barnes
Blake/Bass
KG

Clippers have that core locked up for 2 more seasons and after that they have max cap space to put together a new supporting cast around CP3 and Blake.

The Celtics clear a ton of money from their books and get back a PG in Bledsoe that frees them to move Rondo for pieces they can rebuild with.

I really like this idea. I think Lee and Bass could do very well on the Clipps. The Clippers would also maintain their depth. With the Clippers taking on so much salary I think they should probably get Melo back and give only 1 pick tho. Celtics don't really need Melo with DJ and the Clippers pick will likely be low anyway.

HYFR
06-16-2013, 05:32 AM
I really like this for the clips. Doc will manage all of their minutes well. Plus that trio's experience is worth it's weight in gold. Pierce will just be a deadly spot up shooter and kg brings defense/rebounding every single night.

bagwell368
06-16-2013, 05:52 AM
I really like this idea. I think Lee and Bass could do very well on the Clipps. The Clippers would also maintain their depth. With the Clippers taking on so much salary I think they should probably get Melo back and give only 1 pick tho. Celtics don't really need Melo with DJ and the Clippers pick will likely be low anyway.

You're welcome to Melo by all means. He's a bust/dog.

mgsports
06-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Maybe he can play PF because Green will be at SF.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 10:26 AM

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Barnes
Blake/Bass
KG

Now we're talking. Ainge has to try to butt rape the Clippers first though.

Mishmin
06-16-2013, 10:44 AM

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Barnes
Blake/Bass
KG

Yes please

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 11:05 AM

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce/Barnes
Blake/Bass
KG

substitute Terry for Lee!

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 11:37 AM

You're thinking like Danny Ainge!

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Clips already have Crawford who's a better version of Terry. They won't take him back. If the trade can be done including Terry instead of Lee than obviously that's better for the Celtics but I don't see it.

I think BRK is our best bet to move Terry. They need bench scoring badly and have extremely limited flexibility so Terry might be the best they can do. Mirza Teletovic and the #22 pick works (have to wait until after the draft though so the pick counts as a salary slot). We'd probably have to throw in a second rounder next year and maybe even another future one though.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Clips already have Crawford who's a better version of Terry. They won't take him back. If the trade can be done including Terry instead of Lee than obviously that's better for the Celtics but I don't see it.

I think BRK is our best bet to move Terry. They need bench scoring badly and have extremely limited flexibility so Terry might be the best they can do. Mirza Teletovic and the #22 pick works (have to wait until after the draft though so the pick counts as a salary slot). We'd probably have to throw in a second rounder next year and maybe even another future one though.

Everything you mentioned is true however, judging by Doc's rotations last year at SG I think he would prefer to have Terry over Lee wherever he goes and I think the Celtics would prefer that too.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Everything you mentioned is true however, judging by Doc's rotations last year at SG I think he would prefer to have Terry over Lee wherever he goes and I think the Celtics would prefer that too.

That's a fair point. Doc did play Terry a lot more than Lee. However, the Clippers situation is different. They already have a 6th man scorer off the bench in Jamal Crawford. What they need in this scenario is a guy that can start at the SG spot and bring defense and spot up shooting. Terry isn't a great fit in that role and Crawford is already taking his. I think on the Clippers with all of the offensive firepower they'd have if this scenario plays out Lee's defense makes him a better fit. For us last year, we needed Terry's offense (or potential for it, since he never really panned out).

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 11:57 AM

That's a fair point. Doc did play Terry a lot more than Lee. However, the Clippers situation is different. They already have a 6th man scorer off the bench in Jamal Crawford. What they need in this scenario is a guy that can start at the SG spot and bring defense and spot up shooting. Terry isn't a great fit in that role and Crawford is already taking his. I think on the Clippers with all of the offensive firepower they'd have if this scenario plays out Lee's defense makes him a better fit. For us last year, we needed Terry's offense (or potential for it, since he never really panned out).

CELTICS4LYFE
06-16-2013, 12:03 PM
They only want to give us Jordan and one 1st now???

KG>DJ

Doc>one 1st

That's not enough IMO after all THEY are the ones that want Doc.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 55s

I still think this Clips-Celts trade will happen in some form. Celts don't want to pay a coach $7m a year who doesn't want to be there.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:09 PM
They only want to give us Jordan and one 1st now???

KG>DJ

Doc>one 1st

That's not enough IMO after all THEY are the ones that want Doc.

Yes but that doesn't include Pierce. Because the Clippers are smart and know the Celtics will buy Pierce out anyways in 3 weeks so why not wait and sign him for MLE, knowing he will 100 percent sign? Clippers are apparently his top choice WITHOUT Doc and KG being there, with them there it's obvious what will happen.

So the trade would be DJ+1st rounder+fillers for KG+Doc.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes but that doesn't include Pierce. Because the Clippers are smart and know the Celtics will buy Pierce out anyways in 3 weeks so why not wait and sign him for MLE, knowing he will 100 percent sign? Clippers are apparently his top choice WITHOUT Doc and KG being there, with them there it's obvious what will happen.

Yes....reread my post lol

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes....reread my post lol

KG is a better player than DJ yes but he's also 37 and will retire in 2 years MAX, not to mention his salary is 75 percent more than DJ's. I won't be surprised if KG retires after this coming season to be honest, and he still hasn't said if he's retiring THIS summer that I'm aware of. So value wise... DJ for KG isn't lopsided.

For a team who wants to rebuild Doc isn't greater than 1st rounders, even if they are late ones. Mainly because financially it doesn't make sense to pay a coach 7 million to coach a lotto team. Even a great coach can't do much with a rebuilding squad so why not pay a coach 3 million a year instead and save a bit of money while acting a couple rookies?

Even if I'm wrong and the Clippers are somehow winning that trade it's not unfair by any means. Celtics fans and Ainge are just used to raping teams, so you've been conditioned.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 11m

Don't rule out this trade: Jordan, Butler, Green + a 1st rounder for Doc, KG + the Terry/Lee contracts. Clips keep Bledsoe.

DO NOT WANT TERRY. Crawford= a much better version than Terry at this point. Doc+KG+Lee is good.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 12:39 PM

The advantage to trading for Pierce is that then you can use the MLE on someone else. If you trade Jordan for KG and then use the MLE on Pierce who is going to be the backup bigs for you guys. KG and Blake is a great PF-C duo but they need more than vet min guys behind them. You'd also have to fill the starting SG spot with a vet min guy (assuming you keep Crawford as 6th man). That's why I like the Lee and Bass trade I suggested earlier because it fills those wholes so you can use the MLE on Peirce.

And BOS won't do the deal without Bledsoe. There's no motive for them to do it. The Clippers' picks are late so there not worth much and Jordan is signed to the same deal as KG pretty much so it doesn't save them money for rebuilding. We'd be better off just letting Doc and KG retire and saving the money, since neither would want to come back to us if we're rebuilding.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 11m

Don't rule out this trade: Jordan, Butler, Green + a 1st rounder for Doc, KG + the Terry/Lee contracts. Clips keep Bledsoe.

DO NOT WANT TERRY. Crawford= a much better version than Terry at this point. Doc+KG+Lee is good.

Taking Terry back is probably the only way BOS is willing to make the deal without getting Bledsoe back. It has to work for both sides. You've been accusing DA of trying to "rape" the Clips but at the same time you're not willing to accept anything less than a perfect fit from the Clippers perspective.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Taking Terry back is probably the only way BOS is willing to make the deal without getting Bledsoe back. It has to work for both sides. You've been accusing DA of trying to "rape" the Clips but at the same time you're not willing to accept anything less than a perfect fit from the Clippers perspective.

Fair points. Just worried about Terry becoming an unhappy chemistry problem like Mo Williams started to become. Like of course he's not getting Crawford's minutes and a bench unit of Terry+Crawford would be a disaster on defense. I like Terry's swagger and he's a great teammate.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
"If Doc and KG come to L.A., Pierce is soon to follow. Either in a trade or the Celtics will buy him out and he'll sign with the Clippers."

-Arash Markazi ESPN LA

Pretty much what I think too. He already apparently would ONLY consider the Clippers outside of Boston. Now you add his coach and long time teammate? No brainer.

Heediot
06-16-2013, 12:49 PM

I hate Crawford. I would put Crawford in the trade and take Back Terry. Crawford is a better Regular season player at this point, but he is invisible in the playoffs. Terry is clutch and has heart, he'll help more when it matters. That's just my opion on the issue. I'm sure the Clips like Crawford more than I do.

Another benefit for Taking Crawford is there is a team option to pick him up. So you can cut more cap space if you take Crawford.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
I hate Crawford. I would put Crawford in the trade and take Back Terry. Crawford is a better Regular season player at this point, but he is invisible in the playoffs. Terry is clutch and has heart, he'll help more when it matters. That's just my opion on the issue. I'm sure the Clips like Crawford more than I do.

Another benefit for Taking Crawford is there is a team option to pick him up. So you can cut more cap space if you take Crawford.

Crawford>Terry man. Sure he was average in the playoffs last year but it was hard to do much with the **** offense/rotations Vinny was running. Not to mention when guys like BG, Butler, DJ, Billups all vanish or are injured... you have teams focusing their entire D on CP3 and Crawford so nothing he can do at that point.

Heediot
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Crawford>Terry man. Sure he was average in the playoffs last year but it was hard to do much with the **** offense/rotations Vinny was running. Not to mention when guys like BG, Butler, DJ, Billups all vanish or are injured... you have teams focusing their entire D on CP3 and Crawford so nothing he can do at that point.

The guy can create his shot with the best of them, but he's a volume chucker that's way too streaky for my liking.

No Question he's better than Terry at this point, but I think Terry still has it in him come playoff time.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 01:05 PM
The guy can create his shot with the best of them, but he's a volume chucker that's way too streaky for my liking.

No Question he's better than Terry at this point, but I think Terry still has it in him come playoff time.

I'm not trying to convince you to like him. Just saying this last playoff run isn't a good sample to use. Vinny used him like **** and since everybody but CP3 was garbage.... the Grizzlies CONSTANTLY trapped and doubled Crawford so in that scenario not much he can do scoring wise. They know better than to let Crawford go 1 on 1 after the butt raping he gave them in the regular season.

cubs1st
06-16-2013, 01:07 PM
KG is a better player than DJ yes but he's also 37 and will retire in 2 years MAX, not to mention his salary is 75 percent more than DJ's. I won't be surprised if KG retires after this coming season to be honest, and he still hasn't said if he's retiring THIS summer that I'm aware of. So value wise... DJ for KG isn't lopsided.

Where are you getting that? KG will make $500,000 more. They are roughly making the same salary.

Chronz
06-16-2013, 01:08 PM

No doubt hes had a better playoff history but hes also 36 next year. Thats the kind of deal you wish you could prep for, see what JET has in the tank

Chronz
06-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not trying to convince you to like him. Just saying this last playoff run isn't a good sample to use.
You can use his entire playoff history and his point remains the same. And there is nothing wrong with using these playoffs.

Vinny used him like **** and since everybody but CP3 was garbage.... the Grizzlies CONSTANTLY trapped and doubled Crawford so in that scenario not much he can do scoring wise. They know better than to let Crawford go 1 on 1 after the butt raping he gave them in the regular season.
Disagree, Crawford was checked 1 on 1 by Tony Allen most of the time, the only time he did good was against JB and when Memphis relied on their bench too much.

Even so, CP3 was defended the worst and he still showed up, that Crawfords game is based on isolation rather than ball movement can be one of the reasons why he was so easily shut down. The reason I wouldnt do it is because of the age difference.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Where are you getting that? KG will make $500,000 more. They are roughly making the same salary.

I know I saw that later, my mistake. When Pats said they have similar salary I realized it. For some reason I thought KG made like 17 million. Maybe that was his last contract.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
You can use his entire playoff history and his point remains the same. And there is nothing wrong with using these playoffs.

Disagree, Crawford was checked 1 on 1 by Tony Allen most of the time, the only time he did good was against JB and when Memphis relied on their bench too much.

Even so, CP3 was defended the worst and he still showed up, that Crawfords game is based on isolation rather than ball movement can be one of the reasons why he was so easily shut down. The reason I wouldnt do it is because of the age difference.

I agree in general he's not a good playoff performer.. just meant him shooting 30 percent or w/e for 10 ppg was especially low and I felt it had a lot to do with the reasons I said. Although if it was Allen guarding him a lot of 1 on 1.. Allen was in the discussion for DPOY so I doubt many other teams could check Crawford like that.

PraiseJesus
06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I guess now would be a good time to place a bet in vegas on the Clips and/or buy season tix

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I guess now would be a good time to place a bet in vegas on the Clips and/or buy season tix

Team is serious about becoming a title contender.

h2r09
06-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Team is serious about becoming a title contender.

Donald Sterling is still the owner though.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 02:12 PM
"Afflalo deal has been discussed in past. But it's why Clippers are fighting so hard to keep Bled out of Boston deal."

-Ramona Shelburne ESPN LA

So basically Clippers want a lineup of... Paul, Afflalo, Pierce, Griffin and KG. Wow that's a championship team. Then you still have Crawford as 6th man and MLE to fill in the roster.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Donald Sterling is still the owner though.

True but he seems desperate to win now. More so than any other team in the last couple years. We've had an average of 8 new players the last two years and he's been completely willing to spend on players for a near decade. Now he's finally about to pony up big for a coach? He's become a man possessed to win.

chitownredbulls
06-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Lol

Dade County
06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
True but he seems desperate to win now. More so than any other team in the last couple years. We've had an average of 8 new players the last two years and he's been completely willing to spend on players for a near decade. Now he's finally about to pony up big for a coach? He's become a man possessed to win.

I think it's more like, he wants to keep Cp3 and Blake happy; so he can continue to spy on them in the shower.

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
I think it's more like, he wants to keep Cp3 and Blake happy; so he can continue to spy on them in the shower.

Look at all of those beautiful black bodies!

http://deadspin.com/5727545/last-nights-winner-donald-sterling-looking-at-those-beautiful-black-bodies

BoSox47
06-16-2013, 02:58 PM
as a celtics fan i really hope bledsoe comes to boston, but then again he will help our team and i want the number 1 overall pick soooo...

Sportfan
06-16-2013, 03:02 PM
"Afflalo deal has been discussed in past. But it's why Clippers are fighting so hard to keep Bled out of Boston deal."

-Ramona Shelburne ESPN LA

So basically Clippers want a lineup of... Paul, Afflalo, Pierce, Griffin and KG. Wow that's a championship team. Then you still have Crawford as 6th man and MLE to fill in the roster.
Aw man too bad it won't happen

Clippersfan86
06-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Aw man too bad it won't happen

We shall see.

BALLER R
06-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Timeout Timeout. After They acted like Ray Allen was a traitor this is what they want. Doc basically quitting on this team. If he goes KG is gone too so is Pierce. But Ray Allen gets criticized for making a decision based on what was best for his career. A bunch of hypocrites.

shep33
06-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Seems like Doc and KG are ring chasing, which is fine, but KG knocked Ray Allen for doing the exact same thing. Except Ainge was desperately trying to trade Ray for years.

shep33
06-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Timeout Timeout. After They acted like Ray Allen was a traitor this is what they want. Doc basically quitting on this team. If he goes KG is gone too so is Pierce. But Ray Allen gets criticized for making a decision based on what was best for his career. A bunch of hypocrites.

Absolutely

BALLER R
06-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Seems like Doc and KG are ring chasing, which is fine, but KG knocked Ray Allen for doing the exact same thing. Except Ainge was desperately trying to trade Ray for years.

Exactly. I think it's even worse on Doc. Your a coach under contract but want to leave. I get KG is old and has a year or two left. That isn't an excuse by any means but I think Doc is worst in this situation.

ManRam
06-16-2013, 03:28 PM
If Doc wasn't so well-loved by the media he'd be catching fire for this, for sure.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 03:36 PM

Theres a huge difference between what KG/Doc are doing and the Ray Allen did. KG/Doc are understanding that as the Celtics are currently constituted with their salary cap that they cannot add the viable pieces to be able to compete for a championship. Ray Allen had a choice between two teams who were both met in ECF finals the prior year and decided to jump ship to the other team. KG/Doc are not only helping themselves chase another ring, but are helping the Celtics jumpstart a rebuild in the same process that has been long overdue.

As a true Celtics fan, I hope this trade goes down and that Pierce follows both of them to LA to compete for a ring. I'll be rooting for all of them next season, assuming the Celtics are tanking in part to their much needed rebuild.

ManRam
06-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Theres a huge difference between what KG/Doc are doing and the Ray Allen did. KG/Doc are understanding that as the Celtics are currently constituted with their salary cap that they cannot add the viable pieces to be able to compete for a championship. Ray Allen had a choice between two teams who were both met in ECF finals the prior year and decided to jump ship to the other team. KG/Doc are not only helping themselves chase another ring, but are helping the Celtics jumpstart a rebuild in the same process that has been long overdue.

As a true Celtics fan, I hope this trade goes down and that Pierce follows both of them to LA to compete for a ring. I'll be rooting for all of them next season, assuming the Celtics are tanking in part to their much needed rebuild.

This train of thought annoys me. Don't think for one second that KG and/or Doc are doing this to help out the Celtics. This isn't any less selfish of an act than what Ray did. It might very well help the Celtics, but they're don't trying to get to LAC to help the C's.

Ray was a FREE AGENT. He is entitled to do whatever the hell he wants. I don't get why people get so butthurt about free agents leaving.

h2r09
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM

LOL how are you gonna blame Ray Allen for doing one thing but praising KG and Doc for doing the same thing? Both teams met in the ECF but you guys gave Ray a smaller role and he wasnt happy about that and he chose the team that was clearly in a better position to win.

thats a bunch of ******** from you and you know it.

beasted86
06-16-2013, 04:00 PM

Backwards logic.

Somehow demanding out under contract has become praiseworthy, and leaving as a free agent has become hate-worthy. SMH.

Green_Monster
06-16-2013, 04:04 PM

Ray Allen left alone and went to a rival. Doc, KG, and (Pierce) might be going to a team in a different conference, while staying together. Those are two completely different situations.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 04:05 PM
This train of thought annoys me. Don't think for one second that KG and/or Doc are doing this to help out the Celtics. This isn't any less selfish of an act than what Ray did. It might very well help the Celtics, but they're don't trying to get to LAC to help the C's.

How so? To be honest, what your saying has no logic behind it.

Doc/KG have been fiercly loyal guys over their respective careers. The discussions have been had for years around the Celtics organization about breaking up this core, but yet both re-signed when their contracts were up. Yes, thats right Doc's contract was up and he could have his pick of nearly any HC vacancy in the NBA a few years back but yet he stayed in Boston to ride out this ship. KG was also a FREE AGENT the same year as Ray, but instead he chose to stay loyal to the team whom he won a championship with, and even after Rondo went down last year and the season looked bleak, still refused to waive his no-trade clause mid-season.

Don't get me wrong, KG/Doc are not intentionally trying to help the Celtics do anything but admit to their fanbase that this era is OVER. By them allowing themselves to move on, it allows the Celtics organization to rebuild and re-tool with a younger core than can hopefully one day again compete for a championship in the future.

Ray was a FREE AGENT. He is entitled to do whatever the hell he wants. I don't get why people get so butthurt about free agents leaving.

:laugh2: Where did I ever say I was butthurt. As a matter of fact I love Ray for what he did here, but him leaving was no different than when Johnny Damon left for Yankees. He could have gone to any team he wanted, but he chose the one team that actually knocked him old team out the past two years in a row and left his former teamates to hang out high and dry.

I hope one day he gets his # retired in the rafters in the garden, but so long as he's playing for the Heat he can suck a dick.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 04:07 PM
LOL how are you gonna blame Ray Allen for doing one thing but praising KG and Doc for doing the same thing? Both teams met in the ECF but you guys gave Ray a smaller role and he wasnt happy about that and he chose the team that was clearly in a better position to win.

Actually going forward into the next season, we offered him a larger role the Heat were willing to give him, not to mention twice the amount of money if that counts for anything. Nice try, however.

Green_Monster
06-16-2013, 04:07 PM

So KG staying on the Celtics is helping them? Yeah, let's get another 7/8th seed and lose in the first round! Sounds better than leaving so a team can rebuild.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Backwards logic.

Somehow demanding out under contract has become praiseworthy, and leaving as a free agent has become hate-worthy. SMH.

You don't get it. No one has reported any demanding to be traded by Doc/KG...

They both understand that the Celtics CAN'T win a championship because they don't have the money or starpower to compete again next year healthy Rondo or not.

KG has never once said publically to trade him, he has only agreed with Ainge's notion that it may be time for both parties to move on...

Ray straight up left his teammates in the dust to play for a team who knocked his former team out... not even close to the same situations.

Green_Monster
06-16-2013, 04:11 PM

They are two completely different situations. We were going to give Ray a bigger role than the Heat were. Please do research or know what you're talking about before you post.

Backwards logic.

Could you show me where Doc or KG demanded out of Boston?

Ray left as a free agent from a team that got him a ring, offered him double the money, and a bigger role.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 04:14 PM
How anyone can sit here and say that Ray leaving / KG and Doc being trades are even remotely similar just baffles me.

Its abundatley clear that the Celtics WANT to rebuild their franchise. KG/Pierce have no business being on a rebuilding team. It so clear that both parties need to move in opposite directions, whether its through this rumored LAC trade or elsewhere.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 04:32 PM
To emphasize my point a bit further:

According to a source close to Rivers, the coach wants to make sure the Celtics emerge from any deal in a better position to transition from the Paul Pierce-Garnett era.

“Doc wants this to be a win-win,” the source said. “He still feels very strongly about the Celtics and Danny (Ainge, the club’s president of basketball operations). If (the Celtics) can’t work things out with the Clippers, then Doc would have no problem going back and coaching. He just wants to make sure that if he does go, the Celtics come out of it stronger.”
http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/06/celtics_clippers_at_impasse_over_doc_rivers

ManRam
06-16-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't know...

I still have a hard time painting this as anything but a selfish move. It don't think it's a huge deal honestly, but his priority is NOT to help the Celtics. It's foolish to talk about this in any manner suggesting otherwise. If I'm a C's fan I'm not happy :shrug:

ManRam
06-16-2013, 04:40 PM
:laugh2: Where did I ever say I was butthurt.

After I typed that I figured you'd take it as a jab from me. I didn't mean you...because clearly nothing you have said suggests you are butthurt. I just meant in general. A la, let's say LeBron James.

Celticsfan2007
06-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't know...

I still have a hard time painting this as anything but a selfish move. It don't think it's a huge deal honestly, but his priority is NOT to help the Celtics. It's foolish to talk about this in any manner suggesting otherwise. If I'm a C's fan I'm not happy :shrug:

To each his own I suppose, but Doc is a great coach when he's got productive veterans. Historically Doc isn't all that great with incorporating younger players into his system and before 08 many fans were clamoring for his job.

I guess if we are gonna go 100% into a rebuild, maybe Doc isn't the best coach for that type of scenario. This team had a great 6 year run, but its time for some wholesale changes IMO.

Either way, I wish nothing but the best for guys like KG, PP and Doc whether they stay in boston or leave.

Sportfan
06-16-2013, 08:11 PM

Nope different situation. They want to compete in Boston but Ainge wants to rebuild. Boston is still there first choice and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought the crew back

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Donald Sterling wins! No Bledsoe, deal to be finalized today it's expected. Clippers had the leverage like I said.

Bruins2012
06-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Good luck to the next coach who gets stuck with Rondo. Doc can't stand to coach him and his attitude any longer. Here's to hoping that the C's tank this year and land Andrew Wiggins in the 2014 draft :sigh:

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Danny is stupid if he makes this deal now. No need for him to accept a DJ + picks package YET. Sell the fact that if he can't get Bledsoe he'll keep KG, Doc and Pierce for one more run. That forces the Clips hands because

CP3
Afflalo/Crawford
Butler
Blake
DJ

isn't as good a situation for CP3 as potentially playing w/ Dwight/Harden/Parsons in HOU (assuming they can dump Thomas Robinson for a 2nd round pick - shouldn't be hard) or even Dwight/Horford in ATL.

The Clips could have already traded Bledsoe for Afflalo if they wanted and forced the Celtics hands but they haven't because they can't afford for DA not to be bluffing in saying he won't accept anything less for KG/Doc and that he'll bring Pierce back too. He can wait until Pierce's July 25th buy out date to make the deal and force the Clips to try and sell CP3 on an incomplete product over more concrete situations elsewhere.

mjt20mik
06-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I think this is a decent move by Ainge. He knows Rivers doesn't want to be in BOS anymore and is making the most of the deal. Getting some picks and a starting C for a post-prime KG isn't too bad.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Pierce is in deal.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Butler, DJ, 1st rounders, Willie Green likely going out for Lee, Doc, KG and Pierce. Clippers may add more players.

mjt20mik
06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Butler, DJ, 1st rounders, Willie Green likely going out for Lee, Doc, KG and Pierce. Clippers may add more players.

link?

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Any sources because I can't find this anywhere.

shep33
06-17-2013, 12:55 PM

That's a win for the Clips. Albeit short term, but who cares, they're contenders

shep33
06-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Woj saying they're pushing for a deal. Not too sure of all the parts yet

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Follow the more reputable sources like Mark Heisler, Woj, Ramona Shelburne. They are giving constant updates on Twitter.

JordansBulls
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
So if this happens that means the Clippers don't get Dwight. So does that mean Dwight goes to Houston?

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
That's a win for the Clips. Albeit short term, but who cares, they're contenders

May be slightly different but is most likely. Boston won't budge on us not taking Terry or Leee and we won.t budge on Bledsoe. Clippers have coveted Lee for years so hope it's him.

ThunderousDemon
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
So if this happens that means the Clippers don't get Dwight. So does that mean Dwight goes to Houston?

Or maybe he stays.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 12:59 PM

Clippers never had the means to get Dwight. Was a made up rumor. Man CP3, Pierce, KG and BG is going to be incredibly balanced.

Gators123

Wow. That would be a great deal for the Clippers.

shep33

They still need a center. KG out west against Gasol, Dwight, Zbo, Duncan, Jefferson, Pek, etc. isn't a wise move. I don't think he can get away with playing the 5 out west for 82 games + playoffs

hugepatsfan

That' doesn't even come close to adding up salary wise. The only way the Clippers can make that trade work salary wise is to add Bledsoe and Crawford to the deal.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:00 PM
You guys still think CP3 is leaving lol? No chance. Clippers are arguably the best front office last 3 years. Runner up GM of the year twice in a row, amazing trades and fantastic move after another.

shep33
May be slightly different but is most likely. Boston won't budge on us not taking Terry or Leee and we won.t budge on Bledsoe. Clippers have coveted Lee for years so hope it's him.

I like Lee a lot. Problem now is, they really have no need for Afflalo unless he's gonna be the backup SF.

Lee and Crawford seem like they'll eat up those minutes at the SG spot

rhd420
LOL - interesting the trade involves a head coach

In terms of this, seriously - if you're a Boston fan, are you upset at losing players OR happy that the Clippers are making the rebuilding process a bit easier with pieces and a draft pick?

Face it, KG has a house on the beach, Pierce is local "Inglewood" so in the minds of the players, do-able, heck CP3 must sign off on this in a long term deal or this puzzle is going to be a cluster ....

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Pats Crawford may go. It may be two transactions with Pierce signing for MLE july first. Either way pierce is LAC bound it's being said.

shep33
06-17-2013, 01:02 PM
That' doesn't even come close to adding up salary wise. The only way the Clippers can make that trade work salary wise is to add Bledsoe and Crawford to the deal.

Yeah I was gonna say the numbers don't add up.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
If the Clippers trade every player on their roster except for Blake they still don't have enough money going out to get KG, Pierce and Lee. So any reports of this are bogus.

BigDFan85
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
You guys still think CP3 is leaving lol? No chance. Clippers are arguably the best front office last 3 years. Runner up GM of the year twice in a row, amazing trades and fantastic move after another.

And with all those titles they've won!!! Getting runner up GM of the year twice and all that other garbage you said, doesn't mean a thing. Players want championships and cash, not front office awards...

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 01:06 PM

I guarantee this won't be the deal. If the Celtics trade KG and Pierce, Bledsoe will be added.

There's no way Ainge would even think about that trade.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Pats Crawford may go. It may be two transactions with Pierce signing for MLE july first. Either way pierce is LAC bound it's being said.

Oh well that's totally different than him being in the trade. Like I said in my last post, even DJ + Crawford + Bledsoe + Green + Butler isn't enough salary to get Pierce/KG/Lee back.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
LOL - interesting the trade involves a head coach

In terms of this, seriously - if you're a Boston fan, are you upset at losing players OR happy that the Clippers are making the rebuilding process a bit easier with pieces and a draft pick?

Face it, KG has a house on the beach, Pierce is local "Inglewood" so in the minds of the players, do-able, heck CP3 must sign off on this in a long term deal or this puzzle is going to be a cluster ....

Im happy that the Clipps are helping the C's get some assets/rebuild pieces (even though im no Deandre Jordan fan). Doc is an elite coach, and he would have a tough year coaching a borderline playoff team so im happy to see him go. Hes been in Boston for a while and he has been awesome but every era comes to an end. Id love to see pierce retire a celtic, but that's clearly not best for the future of the organization.

superwill
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Lakers said they feel very confident they can resign Dwight you just never now with d12

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Pats you know maybe Mark Heisler saying Pierce is in deal meant that they will have an under table agreement for free agency? Like you said in a straight trade, not happening. Butler, DJ, picks for KG, Lee and Doc seems probable.

shep33
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Pats you know maybe Mark Heisler saying Pierce is in deal meant that they will have an under table agreement for free agency? Like you said in a straight trade, not happening. Butler, DJ, picks for KG, Lee and Doc seems probable.

Yeah I bet the deal will look something like this.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM

I think in that scenario it would make more sense for both sides that Terry be included instead of Lee. If the Clips keep Bledsoe for an Afflalo trade they have no use for either Terry or Lee and at their 5 million dollar salaries. Terry expires a year earlier and Doc prefers him over Lee based on their playing time last year. Terry's deal expires in 2 years which is when the Clips will have major cap space. Lee's got 3 years left on his deal so he'd take them from having max cap space to about 10 million 2 summers from now. If Bledsoe was included in the deal preventing the Clips from getting Afflalo Lee would make more sense because he fills that role better but if they're getting Afflalo you guys would be better off getting the money off the books as soon as possible which means Terry.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Take Terry, flip Bledsoe for Afflalo is also very possible.

shep33
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Specifics dodgy at this point. What I know: Talks warming up. KG, PP now in proposall. #Celtic owners fine w/not paying Doc $7M to rebuild.

Heisler

JordansBulls
06-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Specifics dodgy at this point. What I know: Talks warming up. KG, PP now in proposall. #Celtic owners fine w/not paying Doc $7M to rebuild.

Heisler

When can deals take place? Right now or after the Finals or on draft night?

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
So if the Clippers wanted to trade for Garnett and Pierce, who make $28,356,610, in one big mega-trade before July 1, they would need to send out at least $22,605,288. Let's start with DeAndre Jordan, who makes $10,532,977, and Caron Butler, who makes $8,000,000. Those two add up to $18,532,977. The Clippers would still need another $4,072,311 under this scenario, which would not be met even if they included Eric Bledsoe and Willie Green, who combine to make less than that. They could make it work if they included Jamal Crawford, but sources say Crawford would not be included in the deal. That means the Clippers would go to the second option, which would be doing two separate trades. In this scenario, according to Coon, they get 150 percent or $5 million rather than just the 125 percent they get by acquiring them together. So they could trade Jordan and Bledsoe for Pierce and then Butler for Garnett. These two separate but parallel trades would work from a numbers standpoint.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/15/4432730/how-a-megadeal-might-work-between-the-celtics-and-clippers

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Heisler is as legit as Woj and heavily in the know on these talks so keep up with him.

shep33
06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
When can deals take place? Right now or after the Finals or on draft night?

Well I think they can agree to the terms any time now. Officially, I'm not too sure when it'd go through. Definitely would have to be sometime after the Finals I believe.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Trades can happen the minute a teams season,ends. So anybody but Spurs,and Heat,can trade right now.

shep33
06-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Trades can happen the minute a teams season,ends. So anybody but Spurs,and Heat,can trade right now.

Huh, interesting. Didn't realize this

Heediot
06-17-2013, 01:36 PM

I am a fan of Lee, I think he'll bounce back after an off-year.

I'd do this trade in a heart-beat, maybe somehow get Pierce to re-negotiate the final year from his 15-16 mil down to 9-10 mil, and use the MLE on Barnes. Not sure if this is possible with the CBA structure.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 01:38 PM
BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, G Eric Bledsoe, F Caron Butler, G Willie Green, #25 pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, G Courtney Lee, F Brandon Bass

That's a proposal no one has talked about but to be honest I think it's best for both sides. If the Clips use their MLE on Pierce they're not going to have any backup bigs and only vet min deals to add some. I think:

CP3
Lee/Crawford
Pierce
Blake/Bass
KG

is better than:

CP3/Terry
Afflalo/Crawford
Pierce
Blake
KG

As of now the Clips are setting themselves up for no front court depth at all.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I guarantee this won't be the deal. If the Celtics trade KG and Pierce, Bledsoe will be added.

There's no way Ainge would even think about that trade.

Wishful thinking. Clippers have the leverage on their side. They can still make upgrades without the Celtics. The Celtics would be hard-pressed to get a taker for KG and Doc at this point.

KG may retire or not waive his trade clause. Doc wants to coach a contender, and there are no other options this year. He may have to retire or broadcast and wait for a better opportunity.

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I am a fan of Lee, I think he'll bounce back after an off-year.

I'd do this trade in a heart-beat, maybe somehow get Pierce to re-negotiate the final year from his 15-16 mil down to 9-10 mil, and use the MLE on Barnes. Not sure if this is possible with the CBA structure.

It really wasn't too much of an off-year. He averaged 3.2 less touches per game, so his scoring went down. He had his best TS% and eFG% since his rookie year.

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Wishful thinking. Clippers have the leverage on their side. They can still make upgrades without the Celtics. The Celtics would be hard-pressed to get a taker for KG and Doc at this point.

KG may retire or not waive his trade clause. Doc wants to coach a contender, and there are no other options this year. He may have to retire or broadcast and wait for a better opportunity.

How do the Clippers have leverage? If this trade doesn't go down, they have to attempt to sign Dwight. Clearly the roster they have right now won't win a championship, and they need to make Paul happy.

The Celtics would definitely find a taker for KG, and probably Pierce too. In the trade I quoted, the Celtics get two bad contracts and a couple of picks. They can do better than that.

If they don't ship off Doc, then he'll retire or stay.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Pierce coming in free,agency, no Bledsoe is latest.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 01:51 PM
How do the Clippers have leverage? If this trade doesn't go down, they have to attempt to sign Dwight. Clearly the roster they have right now won't win a championship, and they need to make Paul happy.

The Celtics would definitely find a taker for KG, and probably Pierce too. In the trade I quoted, the Celtics get two bad contracts and a couple of picks. They can do better than that.

If they don't ship off Doc, then he'll retire or stay.

You'll be hard pressed to find a situation right now where Pierce and KG will team up on another team, you can make up scenarios if you want, but this situation right now with the Clippers have real traction.

If I were a Celtics fan, I would want a lot in a trade as well, it's the common nature of all NBA fans.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find a situation right now where Pierce and KG will team up on another team, you can make up scenarios if you want, but this situation right now with the Clippers have real traction.

If I were a Celtics fan, I would want a lot in a trade as well, it's the common nature of all NBA fans.

Why should the Celtics care if KG and Pierce get to play together somewhere else. If Danny can find another contender that wants to give something up for Pierce he should do it. If CHI offers Deng and a pick... do it. If MEM offers Prince, Ed Davis and Arthur for Pierce + Bass (Bass fits into trade exception)... do it.

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 01:57 PM

They might not end up on the same team, but they could be traded. Taking Jordan and Butler really doesn't help our rebuilding process. We're in it for the picks.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Bill Simmons : At this point it's Clippers deal or bust.

Just like I told Celtics fans...

Heediot
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Why should the Celtics care if KG and Pierce get to play together somewhere else. If Danny can find another contender that wants to give something up for Pierce he should do it. If CHI offers Deng and a pick... do it. If MEM offers Prince, Ed Davis and Arthur for Pierce + Bass (Bass fits into trade exception)... do it.

He may not care but the league may call their bluff and wait for the Celtics to buy-him out then take on Pierce's full salary. KG has hinted retirement, so trading for him is hard plus he may not agree to waive his clause. Doc is hinting that he wants a change in scenery or maybe get away from coaching.

All the factors adding up and the context of the situation may not give the Celtics a better return if they don't deal with the Clippers.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Unless we can dump Terry's contract on you guys I prefer bust. Late first round picks aren't really worth much in the NBA and DJ at 10 mil per year is the type of contract that hinders rebuilding teams. I'd rather just let KG retire and get the cap space. If I can dump Terry's $5 million salary as well then I take the deal because now you're essentially getting DJ for a much more reasonable 5 mil per year with the picks.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 02:04 PM
They might not end up on the same team, but they could be traded. Taking Jordan and Butler really doesn't help our rebuilding process. We're in it for the picks.

Butler, is a expiring so there is some value. DJ still has upside, and he may be better off on a rebuilding team to help him reach his full potential. He isn't getting the touches and the development he needs on a contending team like the Clippers who can't afford to allow him some leeway and developmental mistakes.

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Bill Simmons : At this point it's Clippers deal or bust.

Just like I told Celtics fans...

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
Just so we're clear: Doc Brown has a better chance of coaching the Celtics next year than Doc Rivers does. Clips deal or bust.

I'm pretty sure he means for Doc. Either he goes to the Clippers or he's retiring/getting released.

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Butler, is a expiring so there is some value. DJ still has upside, and he may be better off on a rebuilding team to help him reach his full potential. He isn't getting the touches and the development he needs on a contending team like the Clippers who can't afford to allow him some leeway and developmental mistakes.

At a lower price tag he might be valuable. Not at $10 a year.

mgsports
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
The Magic would have a better Deal and Doc would close to his home.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Just because DJ is young doesn't mean he'll just get better and better. Eventually you reach you're ceiling. As of now he's only a shot blocker, not a great defender. I think he can still get better in that area but other than that I think he is what he is. I'm no expert and I could always be wrong but I feel pretty confident that all DJ is ever going to be is a 25 MPG center that blocks some shots, rebounds a bit and gets dunks/put backs. I don't think he'll ever be anything but a complimentary piece on a good team. By the time the Celtics are going to be a good team again his contract will be up.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Just because DJ is young doesn't mean he'll just get better and better. Eventually you reach you're ceiling. As of now he's only a shot blocker, not a great defender. I think he can still get better in that area but other than that I think he is what he is. I'm no expert and I could always be wrong but I feel pretty confident that all DJ is ever going to be is a 25 MPG center that blocks some shots, rebounds a bit and gets dunks/put backs. I don't think he'll ever be anything but a complimentary piece on a good team. By the time the Celtics are going to be a good team again his contract will be up.

Yeah, I was high in him before the season started due to his work ethic but the guys is pretty much worthless unless he gets an alley oop. Defensively, his bball iq is like a box of rocks, if he does develop it will take a lot longer than average.

Just trying to sugar-coat the situation for y'all.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-17-2013, 02:16 PM

This X100 .... its either get some assets with your old vets or watch them retire for jacksh*t.... Celtics have no leverage here and the Celtics aren't gonna wanna pay doc 7 mil to coach a rebuilding team that is he unhappy to be coaching

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
The Magic would have a better Deal and Doc would close to his home.

Can you not make our fan base look stupid? Please?

king4day
06-17-2013, 02:34 PM
People saying Boston can find a better deal need to realize, KG has the final say (no trade clause). If he doesn't go to LAC, then neither will Rivers (most likely). KG won't accept a deal to another team (though he should as he can help a team like Chicago).

Boston needs to decide if they value the picks being offered as well as Jordan. He's a good player but his contract isn't the best. Maybe they can flip him eventually.

Boston shouldn't be opposed to this though. Rivers' contract is massive for a coach. If they are rebuilding, they should be doing what they can to dump both guys.

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
It dumbfounds me why the Celtics haven't accepted the trade already,

They have absolutely no leverage.

IF they dont make a deal then they will be stuck with a lot of unhappy players and coach. They need to rebuild and theres no faster way than to get 2 1 st rounders, a young talent in Jordan, and financial flexibility.

If this trade doesnt happen its because Celtics brass are idiots

Caveman508
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Watching Felger and Maz ( boston tv radio ) just had an update that a deal will happen very soon

god dammit... Ima miss KG... this sucks :(

Caveman508
06-17-2013, 02:43 PM
https://twitter.com/celticsblog

shep33
06-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Clips still need a center. Different game out in the west. KG can't be your starting 5 over 82 and playoffs.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Clips still need a center. Different game out in the west. KG can't be your starting 5 over 82 and playoffs.

Blake's numbers are BETTER at center than PF. A frontcourt of Pierce/BG/KG is plenty big and good enough even in the west.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
@DanWoikeSports: Team source: Talks btwn. Clippers and Boston Celtics are "moving forward" and doing so "fast."

@BA_Turner: Now word is deal between Clippers and Celtics is "close to being done very, very soon."

These are both two Clippers reporters.

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 02:48 PM
If Bledsoe AND Jordan go to the Celtics AND 2 first rounders

it will be the biggest heist in nba trade history.

shep33
06-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Blake's numbers are BETTER at center than PF. A frontcourt of Pierce/BG/KG is plenty big and good enough even in the west.

Yeah regular season small ball will win lots of games. But I dunno man. I still think they need a 5. Maybe if they can grab Oden or someone. I agree that it's a super dangerous lineup, and this helps Blake a lot (learning from KG), but I dunno, they need an insurance policy. KG is 37, not a great rebounder or offensive threat now either (outside a jumper).

I think they'll be contenders out west still, don't get me wrong, but they need a big guy in there. Spurs to me still the favorites, and we'll see what OKC does, but Clips right there

BleedingGreen9
06-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Would be awesome sounds like well find out soon

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Celtics are lucky to make any trade at all.
IF CLips dont trade with them they have NO other partners

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Potential Clips team

Cp3
Terry
Pierce
KG
Dwight

sammyvine
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM

this

celtics are great a great deal. deandre jordan and bledsoe are overrated but kg and pierce only have 2 years max left.
in all honesty it really feels like its jordan and bledsoe for doc rivers. doc rivers is a good coach but i don't think he is as good as most say he is. i think popovic, carlise and thibs are better.

shep33
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Just get this deal over with already

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 03:01 PM

But they have no front court players behind them. If this deal goes through the Clips would be over the cap and have already used their MLE on Pierce. They'd have only vet min players behind those 3 in the front court. The Clippers are going to be one of the thinnest contenders in the NBA if this trade goes down and Pierce take the MLE.

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Los Angeles is about to become the undisputed meka of hoops.

Can you imagine if LeBron comes to the Lakers in 2014?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Second source confirms #Celtics, #Clippers' progress… Eric Bledsoe not in it. Neither is Paul Pierce. LAC would wait for C's to buy him out*Twitter @MarkHeisler

Hope this is tru so magic still have a chance at getting bledsoe for afflalo

Celticsfan2007
06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm getting giddy just thinking about the possibility of getting Eric Bledsoe in this deal.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm getting giddy just thinking about the possibility of getting Eric Bledsoe in this deal.

He's a beast, trust me. He's got the man defense of Bradley but with way more steals, blocks and rebounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_QUCeiau8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNVv8JXyR8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2fK5NGxTk

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-17-2013, 03:16 PM

You shut your mouth ...... lol jk

Ryan328
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM

I heard it was KG, Doc, Lee/Terry for Jordan, Butler, picks?

PraiseJesus
06-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now

Will Celts settle for D. Jordan, C. Butler's expiring contract, one first-rounder and shedding either C. Lee or J. Terry? That's where are

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now

Clippers resistant to taking back both Lee and Terry. Another wrinkle: Both DeAndre Jordan (15%) and Jason Terry (7.5%) have trade kickers

Becks2307
06-17-2013, 03:30 PM
wait bledose, rondo and bradley?

Green_Monster
06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
@celticsblog Wojo just emailed Salk and Holley to push back his appearance saying the trade "is that close"

Interesting.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
If BOS wants the Clips to take back a second contract why don't they just make it Bass? Does Danny really think Bass is a piece worth keeping for the future? And from the Clippers perspective they should be pushing for Bass to be included because if this deal goes down and they sign Pierce for the MLE they have no backup front court players and only vet min deals to hand out.

BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, F Caron Butler, G Willie Green, 1st round pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, G Jason Terry, F Brandon Bass, rights to hire Doc

The Clippers put themselves in great position to win a title this year and w/ Terry, Bass and KG all expiring in 2 years they'd have max cap space available that offseason.

CP3/Terry
Afflalo/Crawford
Pierce
Blake/Bass
KG

Chronz
06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I think you mean our only big minutes center because hes clearly going to be our starter. In which case, yes, we need some backup bigs in the worst way, not just for KG but for Blake too.

Chronz
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
If BOS wants the Clips to take back a second contract why don't they just make it Bass? Does Danny really think Bass is a piece worth keeping for the future? And from the Clippers perspective they should be pushing for Bass to be included because if this deal goes down and they sign Pierce for the MLE they have no backup front court players and only vet min deals to hand out.

BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, F Caron Butler, G Willie Green, 1st round pick
LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, G Jason Terry, F Brandon Bass, rights to hire Doc

The Clippers put themselves in great position to win a title this year and w/ Terry, Bass and KG all expiring in 2 years they'd have max cap space available that offseason.

CP3/Terry
Afflalo/Crawford
Pierce
Blake/Bass
KG

Been pining for Bass all year. Heres hoping we add a serviceable bigman instead of more perimeter guys

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Lee+Bass I'd welcome with open arms.

richiesaurus310
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
I heard it was KG, Doc, Lee/Terry for Jordan, Butler, picks?

If this happens the next two seasons will be very interesting here in LA. The Clippers will be all in, but what will the Lakers look like is the next drama to unfold.

Heediot
06-17-2013, 03:52 PM
I think you mean our only big minutes center because hes clearly going to be our starter. In which case, yes, we need some backup bigs in the worst way, not just for KG but for Blake too.

Would you take Odom back as the backup 4 for the Vet Min?

I think we missed Evans/KMart for the Grizz series, but that's only a matchup problem with them. We shouldn't overreact to one team (especially one that isn't a sure-fire title contender) and alter our team because of that.
I personally like KMart even though he's a bone-head/jerk sometimes.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 1m
Hearing Clips already prepping for intro press conference for at least Doc & KG. Hard to see deal not being done soon.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Lee+Bass I'd welcome with open arms.

Trust me, you want Terry over Lee. For one, Doc doesn't like Lee. He pulled him completely out of the rotation for the playoffs. He thinks Terry is a better player. And he's also a better fit contract wise. Neither going to play hardly at all for you in a G rotation that includes CP3, Crawford and Afflalo. Terry's deal expires in 2 years which is when you guys are going to have major cap space. As of now you guys are shaping up to have around enough to offer a max. Taking Lee back instead of Terry pushes that down to around 10 million.

Chronz
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Would you take Odom back as the backup 4 for the Vet Min?

I think we missed Evans/KMart for the Grizz series, but that's only a matchup problem with them. We shouldn't overreact to one team (especially one that isn't a sure-fire title contender) and alter our team because of that.
I personally like KMart even though he's a bone-head/jerk sometimes.

Agreed. Bring back LO, Turiaf, Hollins and hope we can make the playoffs healthy with HCA in R1. Thats all I want. **** having a 60+ win season, just make it healthy for once.

bagwell368
06-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Trust me, you want Terry over Lee. For one, Doc doesn't like Lee. He pulled him completely out of the rotation for the playoffs. He thinks Terry is a better player. And he's also a better fit contract wise. Neither going to play hardly at all for you in a G rotation that includes CP3, Crawford and Afflalo. Terry's deal expires in 2 years which is when you guys are going to have major cap space. As of now you guys are shaping up to have around enough to offer a max. Taking Lee back instead of Terry pushes that down to around 10 million.

Love to get rid of Terry. Bass and Lee can be had as well. Buy out PP, deal KG and Doc....

Make it happen.

Ryan328
06-17-2013, 04:02 PM
If this happens the next two seasons will be very interesting here in LA. The Clippers will be all in, but what will the Lakers look like is the next drama to unfold.

Man, i have no clue what to expect from LAL for 13-14. If Howard leaves, like I think he will, I have a feeling they will just sit on the cap space. It's a rebuilding year...

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Man, i have no clue what to expect from LAL for 13-14. If Howard leaves, like I think he will, I have a feeling they will just sit on the cap space. It's a rebuilding year...

At least a 5 year rebuild if Dwight leaves.

mgsports
06-17-2013, 04:05 PM
A deal between the two sides is "close to being done very, very soon," a source tells Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times (Twitter link).
Put Blake at C and KG PF. Matt Barnes at backup PF. /Terry
Add Orlando to deal with Lee/Terry and Bledsoe to Magic,Affalo/Bass/Davis/Garnett/DOC to Clips,Jordan,Butler,Hedo,Clips First round Pick to Boston? Magic use 2nd pick to Draft a PF.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Sounds conflicting right now. Washburn is saying that it's a complicated situation right now and Holmes is saying that a press conference is imminent.

Chronz
06-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I think DJ would progress more steadily on a lottery team. He was making better strides when we had zero expectations. He always starts the year on fire, clearly works on his game, but at some point in the season he just collapses. Maybe hes not ready to be on a team thats ready to win.

Ryan328
06-17-2013, 04:09 PM
At least a 5 year rebuild if Dwight leaves.

Unless they cash in summer 2014

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Unless they cash in summer 2014

2014 free agent class is awful. 36 year old Kobe and Luol Deng are the only respectable unrestricted free agents.

Bruins2012
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM

The new commish will help them land the #1 pick in 2014 and take Andrew Wiggins, the best player to enter the league since Kobe.

Aust
06-17-2013, 04:23 PM
The new commish will help them land the #1 pick in 2014 and take Andrew Wiggins, the best player to enter the league since Kobe.

I don't think we have a 1st rounder

Ryan328
06-17-2013, 04:25 PM

They're a late lotto team next year. Charlotte, Orlando, Phoenix will all be in the Wiggins race.

ThunderousDemon
06-17-2013, 04:28 PM
2014 free agent class is awful. 36 year old Kobe and Luol Deng are the only respectable unrestricted free agents.

The Lakers can go after restricted free agents as well.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/51sswm.jpg

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 04:30 PM

How often do great restricted free agents NOT get matched?

Ryan328
06-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't think we have a 1st rounder

might be lotto protected?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2013, 04:31 PM

Sure, but they'll probably end up the ones you've got in mind will more than likely stay where they are.

ThunderousDemon
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
How often do great restricted free agents NOT get matched?

The Lakers will have a money to spend and could potentially offer a poison pill contract to Paul George or maybe Demarcus Cousins if Dwight leaves.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Rumors that Garnett has agreed to waive his no trade clause…deal getting closer to completion. I'm hoping it will be resolved within the hour so I can hear all about it on ESPN Radio my last couple hours of the day at work lol.

ThunderousDemon
06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Sure, but they'll probably end up the ones you've got in mind will more than likely stay where they are.

There's always a chance, nothing is set in stone.