PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat center Chris Bosh fined $5000 for flopping GAME 4

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 02:25 AM
http://nba.si.com/2013/06/14/chris-bosh-flop-2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs-game-4/?section=si_latest

Chrisclover
06-15-2013, 07:27 AM
building up the reputation of flop city together with Wade and Lebron~

nycericanguy
06-15-2013, 08:07 AM
if it were up to me, he would be suspended.

That flop was almost as bad as the one he had against Boozer... really pathetic.

Delrayhc
06-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Good! The NBA should tack on another 5000 for the bad quality of the flop.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2013, 08:50 AM
League needs to take this system up a notch, similar to flagrant and technical fouls. You flop so many times with each causing a fine, eventually it's a 1game suspension. Might help, because obviously 5000 from these guys they do not care about. They probably get to write it off on their taxes anyways too since the money I believe goes to charity. 3 flops and you miss a game. Guys still might do 1, but if they do 2 you bet they are stopping after that.

RipCity32
06-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Is this really only first time being fined for is great acting?

Violation 1: $5,000 fine
Violation 2: $10,000 fine
Violation 3: $15,000 fine
Violation 4: $30,000 fine

BcEuAbRsS
06-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I agree that there should be a more sever penalty for flopping. After your 3rd offense you get a one game suspension with it increasing each time. I know players have ALWAYS done this sort of thing, but it feels like it's at it's worst and it is hurting the credibility of the NBA. The refs have a hard enough time to not have to deal with constant acting, really really bad acting at that.

Slug3
06-15-2013, 12:09 PM
But but but, Steve Javie said it wasn't a flop when he was reporting on the sideline.

Good call by the NBA though.

WITZ
06-15-2013, 12:33 PM
if it were up to me, he would be suspended.

That flop was almost as bad as the one he had against Boozer... really pathetic.

Yea, its looking like that's the only way you are going to make a point to floppers.

sammid21
06-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I think the league should change the fine to a flat percentage of the players salary. That way it seems fair and big time players that make enough think twice about flopping.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2013, 01:02 PM
haha, that was terrible Bosh. But 5k isn't going to stop this.

Violation 1: $10k
Violation 2: $30k
Violation 3: Suspended 1 game
Violation 4: Suspended 5 games

and so on...

Hawkeye15
06-15-2013, 01:03 PM
that is around $17 fine to someone making 50k a year. It means nothing.

Khri
06-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Who cares? Game 4 is already over, people should be focusing on game 5.

slaker619
06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
This flop crap needs to end & players to go out & just play!

beasted86
06-15-2013, 09:11 PM

and so on...

Some people here are forgetting that 10k could actually be a ton to a guy on a prorated salary like Birdman or another guy who signed middle of the year and latched on via 10 day contracts.

Some of these types are only making around$100k so $10k is a lot. Only way to make it fair is a percentage.

rocket
06-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Who cares? Game 4 is already over, people should be focusing on game 5.

lol u mad

Max.This
06-15-2013, 09:31 PM
it should be 1% of the player's salary. That way it would vary among different players. For lebron who makes 17 mil a season, he would think twice about flopping if it was 1 % and equivalent to 170,000 per flop. To a player on vets min or 1.2 mil would be 12000. Players shouldnt flop and this method would guarantee that it would stop.

lol, please
06-15-2013, 09:33 PM
:laugh:

Somewhere Griffin is jealous.

JC_
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Why are referee's and the league not accountable? Every game people complain about the inconsistent job the refs are doing. If the majority of refs were better than they are now, players would be hurting their team by blatantly flopping because the refs wouldn't be fooled. As it stands now, it's well worth it to flop if it's going to help win an important game.

I don't know what kind of salary a referee makes but maybe the NBA should increase it with the hope that they can attract top-tier talents.

edit: One last thing. The NBA has some of the best athletes in the world, why not find the referee's to match that talent?

ragee
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM
They should raise the fine but should also change it to percentage of the player's salary. A certain amount holds different value to a player with a minimun salary and to a player with max contract.

Khri
06-15-2013, 10:18 PM
lol u mad

Are you 11 years old?

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 10:23 PM
To the people who keep saying a % of a players salary (example using 1% of pay):

Why should a Ginobili flop ($121,000) be more expensive than a Battier flop (30,000)? They can have equal effect on a game. A new category should be created, somewhat like a technical (2 per game) and have another ref watching specifically for flopping. If you get 2 in a game you are ejected. I am talking about flops where you are obviously not hit and trying to sell a fake foul.

Max.This
06-15-2013, 10:30 PM
To the people who keep saying a % of a players salary (example using 1% of pay):

Why should a Ginobili flop ($121,000) be more expensive than a Battier flop (30,000)? They can have equal effect on a game. A new category should be created, somewhat like a technical (2 per game) and have another ref watching specifically for flopping. If you get 2 in a game you are ejected. I am talking about flops where you are obviously not hit and trying to sell a fake foul.

I think its hard for the league to find a line in which players are reluctant to flop because they fear losing a lump sum of cash. Regardless of the effect on the game, it should be a hefty amount depending on how much that player makes to stop them from doing it in the first place. I think a percentage is the best way because what does 5 grand mean for example to chris bosh? He wipes his butt with more expensive toilet paper then that, but to a player who makes 800,000 5 grand is much more valuable to that person. Also, what if theres a foul but you embellish it to the point that a ref has to make that call. There are soo many borderline calls that should be let go if both players were to keep composure and refrain from flopping.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I think its hard for the league to find a line in which players are reluctant to flop because they fear losing a lump sum of cash. Regardless of the effect on the game, it should be a hefty amount depending on how much that player makes to stop them from doing it in the first place. I think a percentage is the best way because what does 5 grand mean for example to chris bosh? He wipes his butt with more expensive toilet paper then that, but to a player who makes 800,000 5 grand is much more valuable to that person. Also, what if theres a foul but you embellish it to the point that a ref has to make that call. There are soo many borderline calls that should be let go if both players were to keep composure and refrain from flopping.

I agree 5 grand is pointless. I am just saying that a % is a bit absurd, unless there was a cap to it.

sammid21
06-15-2013, 11:00 PM
I agree 5 grand is pointless. I am just saying that a % is a bit absurd, unless there was a cap to it.

I guess just leaving it to 1%. 5k to a player making over 10mil is nothing but a player making the minimum can be significant. 1% of the salary will cause players to really think about flopping and will raise the quality of the game.

6cadi6
06-15-2013, 11:28 PM
That flop was hilarious, that said, it should be a fine and suspension. This is supposed to be basketball, not ****ing soccer.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Why are referee's and the league not accountable? Every game people complain about the inconsistent job the refs are doing. If the majority of refs were better than they are now, players would be hurting their team by blatantly flopping because the refs wouldn't be fooled. As it stands now, it's well worth it to flop if it's going to help win an important game.

I don't know what kind of salary a referee makes but maybe the NBA should increase it with the hope that they can attract top-tier talents.

edit: One last thing. The NBA has some of the best athletes in the world, why not find the referee's to match that talent?

And where or what league do theses top of the line refs come from that the NBA doesn't know about?

TheNumber37
06-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Some people here are forgetting that 10k could actually be a ton to a guy on a prorated salary like Birdman or another guy who signed middle of the year and latched on via 10 day contracts.

Some of these types are only making around$100k so $10k is a lot. Only way to make it fair is a percentage.

Thats why Teams like have flop insurance money.

I think the fines should be heavier and the suspensions swifter, especially in the post season:
10K for the first offense. 2nd offense suspension 3rd offense out rest of series. I don't want some player saving their flops for the finals.
In the regular season, players should get suspensions after 3 incidents they start to miss games

rocket
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Are you 11 years old?

i actually am

Hawkeye15
06-16-2013, 02:09 AM

only making $100k?

Seriously?

goingfor28
06-16-2013, 07:04 AM
He was pushed

YoungOne
06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
he is a ***** not a center

JC_
06-16-2013, 12:28 PM
And where or what league do theses top of the line refs come from that the NBA doesn't know about?

That would be something the NBA would have to work on. There are lots of smart guys who love basketball but aren't quite good enough to play in the NBA who would probably make great referee's. The NBA would have to recruit them and get them into the right system to learn all they need to know and gain some experience. I read that the starting NBA salary is 150k (not sure if accurate) which is pretty good.

This is harsh sounding but right now we have a bunch of 50 year old refs who make too many mistakes. I think it's great that the NBA has been loyal to the referee's to keep them working as they get older but IMO there are too many horribly officiated games.

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 12:40 PM

and so on...
The second should suspended thousands mean nothing to them. Games do. All the thousdan dollar fines do is hurt the role players that do it cause the coaches ask it of them. Not the stars that do it cause the league is softer than a marshmallow

kubernetes
06-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah, forget the $ fine.

Anyone who flops should start the next game with two fouls (and his team too).

Iron24th
06-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Flop is so weak

Nick O
06-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Bosh 100% deserved the fine.. but just saying. Manu BETTER have a 5k fine coming his way after tonight as well.

The goods
06-16-2013, 10:12 PM
When your center gets fined for flopping I'm sure its embarrassing man the **** up and play defense you ***** Bosh is a ***** I have no respect for him, he left his balls in Toronto.

JC_
06-16-2013, 10:16 PM
When your center gets fined for flopping I'm sure its embarrassing man the **** up and play defense you ***** Bosh is a ***** I have no respect for him, he left his balls in Toronto.

Bosh has been the best defensive player on the Heat in 2 games this series.