PDA

View Full Version : Andre Igudola plans to opt out of Denver; Warriors Interested

steveweve
06-14-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2013/6/14/4431138/andre-iguodala-plans-to-opt-out-golden-state-warriors-interested

Without even getting into the chaos erupting in Denver since the Nuggets lost to the Golden State Warriors in the first round of the playoffs this year, let's get straight to it the latest Andre Iguodala gossip:

Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that the Nuggets star plans to opt out of his contract.
Marcus Thompson tweeted that there is mutual interest between the potentially-soon-to-be free agent and the Golden State Warriors.

Of course, for the Warriors to make that happen there would need to be a sign-and-trade and, as Thompson also notes, that would probably have to include either Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson, which is the kind of move that could haunt a franchise (and fanbase) for years to come if either of those young guys explodes into a star.

It feels like this community has been through discussion about whether to trade (the pick that became) Barnes or Thompson for Iguodala so many times that there's no need to elaborate, but I guess the question is whether this past season - both from those two individually or on the team level - changes how we feel about exchanging one of them for an elite wing defender?

Aside from the article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nuggets-forward-andre-iguodala-plans-to-opt-out-of-contract-to-enter-free-agency-180030078.html (opting out)

Marcus Thompson @gswscribe

What's more, Iggy would like to come to Warriors. He's a fan of the style of play and grew tight with Stephen Curry on Olympic squad
12:28 PM - 14 Jun 2013

https://twitter.com/timkawakami

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 4h
The only way an Iguodala deal makes financial/talent sense is if Denver is for some reason intrigued by the Double-Double Machine.

MackShock
06-14-2013, 07:50 PM
include Thompson. not Barnes.

steveweve
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Hopefully we could somehow get rid of RJ

bigmac8675
06-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Can he play center?

COOLbeans
06-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I would trade him for Lee (double double machine as Kawakami stated) and I would consider Thompson, but we should get something back and we give them Jefferson.

lol, please
06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Interesting. Klay will be a Nugget.

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm not interested unless its a pick and rj or beans. I've wanted iggy for a while on this team and think he is a perfect fit. But don't wanna blow this core up just yet. Let them grow. Only way I'd consider blowing it up is if we can land a young superstar and iggy is more all star glue material.

MackShock
06-14-2013, 11:42 PM

a Laker first.

lol, please
06-15-2013, 12:03 AM
a Laker first.

Obviously, for Dwight.

TheGoldenGuy30
06-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Even if it would not be the best option. I would love to have Iguodala on our team. Even if it means trading away Klay. This is based off a very biased opinion though

Warriors4lyfe12
06-15-2013, 12:47 AM
The only player that we could get rid of would be barnes... but sadly, we have to keep biedrins because of festus being out... so RJ is the one we could package. But Barnes and A.I have the same playing stye. they are both athletic slashers that are inconsistent from the perimeter. Though it could work out like a wade and lebron though with barnes and iggy... so it's really up in the air. I would probably trade Klay only because he is too inconsistent. Klay hurt us against San An.... he only showed up one game, then went ghost. and he does that alot during the season.... even Barnes was relevant each game, getting near 10 ppg... So i like the starting line up of Curry, Iguodala, Barnes, Lee and Bogut... but i also like Curry, Klay, Iguodala, Barnes and Bogut... Lee's stock has risen so much, almost any team would want him right now

COOLbeans
06-15-2013, 03:29 AM
I like the Curry, Klay, Igoudala, Barnes, Bogut option

SugeKnight
06-15-2013, 04:12 AM
I like the Curry, Klay, Igoudala, Barnes, Bogut option

Barnes isn't the longterm solution at PF

bigmac8675
06-15-2013, 04:50 AM

Not a chance... Klay for Iguadala would be a terrible trade for the Warriors

MackShock
06-15-2013, 06:09 AM

I disagree.

likemystylez
06-15-2013, 10:44 AM

I wouldnt say terrible trade, even if that trade worked out in the worse possible way for the warriors (klay thompson becomes a top 10 player in the NBA and an all defensive team player for the next decade).... it still wouldnt even crack the top 10 worse trades in warriors franchise history.

Warriors4lyfe12
06-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Let's look at it this way...
Curry is a passer, shooter, and shot creater
Klay is a shooter and defender (average)
Barnes is a slasher and defender (average)
Lee is a midrange/post player
Bogut is a defender/post player
Rush is a Slasher, Shooter and defender
Jack is a driver ball handler
Landry is a midrange/post player
Green is a midrange and defender
Bazemore is a defender and athletic player
Biedrins is a defender
Jefferson is a spot up shooter
Ezeli = out
Now looking at that, we will be looking at Iguodala who is a Slasher and defender. His offensive numbers are what Barnes potential can be. If Iguodala has only made the all star team just once, and doesn't even make all NBA teams, what are the chances that Barnes will? Where as Klay (as of right now) is a top 10 shooting guard, even with his inconsistant play. If we give up Klay, we add room for Barnes to develop his shooting abilities. If we give up Barnes, we don't lose anything, but age. Long term, Klay is the one to go. There are plenty of shooters in college who will be coming out. Don't forget Seth Curry... Still is stronger than steph, but shoots damn near like him. Seth will go undrafted, and if we do shoot the moon and give up Klay, (we would have to package RJ and biedrins) we could easily replace the shooting potential. Hell even jimmer is for sale in sac and we can get him for nothing really. So the warriors win either way.

But right now we need to worry about our center position with Ezeli being out and biedrins being trash

lol, please
06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Sorry but no. I would rather trade Klay than Barnes, Barnes has more potential. LOL @ Barnes ceiling being Iguadalas offense and LOL @ bringing Jimmer to GS. :facepalm:

steveweve
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Sorry but no. I would rather trade Klay than Barnes, Barnes has more potential. LOL @ Barnes ceiling being Iguadalas offense and LOL @ bringing Jimmer to GS. :facepalm:

Agreed Barnes offensive potential is much higher than A.I's, that statement deserves another :facepalm:

JCkrazzy
06-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Anyone that thinks we should trade Klay or Harrison is ******** sorry!! Barnes is a rookie he will be 3 times better than Iggy. Klay is one hell of a defender and can shoot lights out. Iggy is an amazing defender as well but is a terrible scorer unless its a lay up or dunk, but even then he's reached his peak. Barnes is a little above avergare defender but has SOOOO much potential when it comes to scoring and defending. trading any of our starting 5 would be a massive mistake.

MackShock
06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Iggy has a decent three pointer now, and he's pretty clutch. Klay I feel is still an unproven defensive player. If you were to ask me, Iggy is defensive minded and Klay isn't

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Anyone that thinks we should trade Klay or Harrison is ******** sorry!! Barnes is a rookie he will be 3 times better than Iggy. Klay is one hell of a defender and can shoot lights out. Iggy is an amazing defender as well but is a terrible scorer unless its a lay up or dunk, but even then he's reached his peak. Barnes is a little above avergare defender but has SOOOO much potential when it comes to scoring and defending. trading any of our starting 5 would be a massive mistake.
I agree we shouldn't trade but I still see Barnes as nothing more than deng from the bulls but where send is about d and solid o I see Barnes being about o and solid d.

To however said all iggy does is d and slash. No. Dude is very good at creating for others too.

Also potential is overrated but still wouldn't make the deal even tho I wanted iggy on tis team for some time now.

NorCalDC Fan15
06-16-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't like it. I would only consider throwing one of them in for a star player. So this offseason to me that is Howard. If that doesn't happen then I wait till next off-season and use all the cap space we have then to go after a star. But I don't want to trade klay or Barnes for iggy. Nice player but not enough to make me want to give up one of those guys. Let them develope

sfattahian
06-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah I agree we should NOT trade either just based on money alone. It's going to be hard to get a better deal than Klay and Barnes for the next few years. Iggi would fit like a glove, but I wouldn't trade such high value players like Klay and Barnes. Their stock is so high right now and we don't know how good they can be.

Unfortunately, I think Iggi became a free agent 1 season too early to become a Warrior. I bet he ends up in Dallas.

I think we should just let Rush, Bogut and Lee come back healthy and take our chances with Klay's and Barnes' improvement.

lol, please
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Or we could blow this team up and hope to build a better one.

3iverson3
06-16-2013, 01:33 PM

I believe it would be worse for the nuggets. You guys would be getting one of the best gaurd defends in the game. He proved in the playoffs that he can score more. Anyways you guys don't need more scoring. Iggy brings it all. Defensively, you guys would be really good. A bogut-Iggy tandem is similar to gasol-tony Allen. He is a great facilitator, rebounder, and finisher.he basically does everything lay doesn't and klay brings what Iggy doesn't (shooting).

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah I agree we should NOT trade either just based on money alone. It's going to be hard to get a better deal than Klay and Barnes for the next few years. Iggi would fit like a glove, but I wouldn't trade such high value players like Klay and Barnes. Their stock is so high right now and we don't know how good they can be.

Unfortunately, I think Iggi became a free agent 1 season too early to become a Warrior. I bet he ends up in Dallas.

I think we should just let Rush, Bogut and Lee come back healthy and take our chances with Klay's and Barnes' improvement.
More like one season too late. If it was last year we would have signed him and drafted Drummond

COOLbeans
06-16-2013, 05:36 PM
More like one season too late. If it was last year we would have signed him and drafted Drummond

That would've been very interesting...

winwarriorslose
06-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Biedrins is a defender
Ezeli = out
Now looking at that, we will be looking at Iguodala who is a Slasher and defender. His offensive numbers are what Barnes potential can be. If Iguodala has only made the all star team just once, and doesn't even make all NBA teams, what are the chances that Barnes will? Where as Klay (as of right now) is a top 10 shooting guard, even with his inconsistant play. If we give up Klay, we add room for Barnes to develop his shooting abilities. If we give up Barnes, we don't lose anything, but age. Long term, Klay is the one to go. There are plenty of shooters in college who will be coming out. Don't forget Seth Curry... Still is stronger than steph, but shoots damn near like him. Seth will go undrafted, and if we do shoot the moon and give up Klay, (we would have to package RJ and biedrins) we could easily replace the shooting potential. Hell even jimmer is for sale in sac and we can get him for nothing really. So the warriors win either way.

But right now we need to worry about our center position with Ezeli being out and biedrins being trash

Lol seth is like 6 feet tall on a good day sure him and klay can shoot and maybe seth could beat him at horse but i bet you seth aint splashing 3's in taller defenders faces like Klay can do

lol, please
06-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Biedrins is a defender
Ezeli = out

Lol seth is like 6 feet tall on a good day sure him and klay can shoot and maybe seth could beat him at horse but i bet you seth aint splashing 3's in taller defenders faces like Klay can doThis place was Outta control without you wwl, set these fools straight!

steveweve
06-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Honestly we all know Warriors aren't going to part with Barnes anytime soon, for anyone except for Lebron & Durant or any top 10 superstar... I can see us moving Thompson/Bogut/Lee, but only if it was an offer they couldn't refuse. Other than that I see us staying put and allow the core to develop.

Leandres_sf
06-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Not that I wouldn't like Iggy on the Warriors, but I'm not willing to give up Klay or Barnes for him.

bigmac8675
06-17-2013, 02:38 AM
Not that I wouldn't like Iggy on the Warriors, but I'm not willing to give up Klay or Barnes for him.

Completely agree

Jazzgear
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Obviously, for Dwight.

For Chris Duhon, actually

WestCoastSportz
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I would give up Klay, but not Barnes. I see some star potential in Barnes. Whether that happens in the future or not is another story, but I just don't see that in Klay. I see him as a good player that will be 3rd or 4th option on a good team. You know what you'll be getting with Iguodala. A guy that is going to play good defense, rebound, pass the ball and contribute without having to rely on an outside shot. Even at 29 years old, Iggy adds something else that this team needs, especially in this era of basketball, and thats athleticism. You look at this team and they don't have one outstanding athlete aside from Rush who is coming off a major injury. I'd like a starting line up of Curry, Igudoala, Barnes, Lee and Bogut.

With Iggy opting out, that takes a lot of leverage away from the Nuggets. They could potentially lose Iggy and get absolutely nothing in return so getting a young player like Thompson would be a win for them. I'd do Thompson and have them take on the remaining year of Jefferson for Iggy straight up in a sign and trade.

MackShock
06-17-2013, 08:46 PM
iggy is good for the now, klay is good for the future

WestCoastSportz
06-18-2013, 12:15 PM

That is the thing with Klay, is that we don't know if it would be good enough. No one knows what kind of player he's going to be in 3 years. I certainly don't. He could be the next Ray Allen (- the athleticism) or Reggie Miller. Maybe a Michael Redd or Kyle Korver type player. So much of his potential is reliant on what he can add to his game. If he fails to add much else to what he already has, then I'm afraid its going to be the latter of the comparisons.

Would this team be better this coming season with Iguodala or Thompson starting at the 2? I think they would be much better and balanced since Iggy isn't a 3 point shooter.

SugeKnight
06-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I would give up Klay, but not Barnes. I see some star potential in Barnes. Whether that happens in the future or not is another story, but I just don't see that in Klay. I see him as a good player that will be 3rd or 4th option on a good team. You know what you'll be getting with Iguodala. A guy that is going to play good defense, rebound, pass the ball and contribute without having to rely on an outside shot. Even at 29 years old, Iggy adds something else that this team needs, especially in this era of basketball, and thats athleticism. You look at this team and they don't have one outstanding athlete aside from Rush who is coming off a major injury. I'd like a starting line up of Curry, Igudoala, Barnes, Lee and Bogut.

With Iggy opting out, that takes a lot of leverage away from the Nuggets. They could potentially lose Iggy and get absolutely nothing in return so getting a young player like Thompson would be a win for them. I'd do Thompson and have them take on the remaining year of Jefferson for Iggy straight up in a sign and trade.

I'd do that

SugeKnight
06-18-2013, 02:12 PM
The only thing we lose in that trade is a little three point shooting, but we have Rush coming back, plus Barnes kept improving his j all year, iggy is a good spot up shooter too. And we already have the greatest shooter of all time. Defense, rebounding, athleticism, ball security, and playmaking all favor iggy over Thompson.

Thing is Denver already has Fournier for the future and they have brewer, gallo, chandler

WestCoastSportz
06-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Having Iguodala on this roster would actually help guys like Curry, Lee, Barnes and Bogut. He averages nearly 6 assists per game along with his near 6 rebounds and 13 points. His ability to penetrate and pass like a point guard would really open up this offense, which is something they currently don't have on this roster. This would give Curry more open jumpers and Iggy only takes about 12 shots a game compared to the nearly 15 a game that Thompson takes. Iggy balances out this roster.

PatelJ1010
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
If our ownership wants to make a move than WHY DONT THEY GO OVER the SALARY CAP and pay the LUXURY TAX and be competitive. Once Biedrins and Jefferson & Rush are off the books they should be off the Luxury tax (24 Million).

I believe you can get Igudola for around 8-11 Million. He would be a super backup or even might be in the Starting lineup, have Klay come off the bench for scoring.

Leandres_sf
06-19-2013, 03:38 AM

And I really like what I saw from Klay defensively this season. I'd just hate to see them give up on a guy with such a high ceiling.

WestCoastSportz
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
If our ownership wants to make a move than WHY DONT THEY GO OVER the SALARY CAP and pay the LUXURY TAX and be competitive. Once Biedrins and Jefferson & Rush are off the books they should be off the Luxury tax (24 Million).

I believe you can get Igudola for around 8-11 Million. He would be a super backup or even might be in the Starting lineup, have Klay come off the bench for scoring.

If a team is over the salary cap, which the Warriors are, they can't just go out and spend $8 to 11M on free agents that aren't their own. Thats the whole reason of having a salary cap. In order to get someone like Iggy (or Dwight for that matter), it would have to be in a sign and trade deal where the Warriors give up matching salaries. Jefferson's and Biedrin's don't expire until the beginning of the next fiscal year, which is July 1st of 2014 so until then, they're hands are pretty much tied to what they can do in terms of free agents. Also not having any draft picks makes them rely on the current players on this roster improving in order to get better.

lol, please
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
And I really like what I saw from Klay defensively this season. I'd just hate to see them give up on a guy with such a high ceiling.

It's not giving up on a guy, it's making a move to improve the team/roster as a whole. Nothing is free in life, especially in business. You can't acquire someone good without sacrificing someone good. Not sure why I am explaining this to you, as if you haven't witnessed the Giants give up Wheeler for example.

Monta is beast
06-20-2013, 01:58 AM
I don't see any reason to trade Thompson. I think most people think he somewhat polished, but he still has so much room to improve his game. I think as he learns to attack more, the combination of Curry, Thompson, and Barnes will become one of the most dangerous trios in the game. Plus Thompsons stat line next season is going to be something like:

19 ppg - 5.2 rpg - 3.1 apg - fg% 44 - 3p% 42

WestCoastSportz
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't see any reason to trade Thompson. I think most people think he somewhat polished, but he still has so much room to improve his game. I think as he learns to attack more, the combination of Curry, Thompson, and Barnes will become one of the most dangerous trios in the game. Plus Thompsons stat line next season is going to be something like:

19 ppg - 5.2 rpg - 3.1 apg - fg% 44 - 3p% 42

I throw out stats all the time and it would be nice to have a line like that from Klay, but will it equate to wins? I'd much rather see David Lee at 19 points and 11 rebounds than Klay at 19 points. That would mean this team would be too reliant on the 3 and they need a player with a different dimension on the floor. Someone like Iguodala. I don't know what kind of player Thompson will be next year or the year after. He could be great or just good, but I do know the kind of player that Iguodala is now and he could help this team contend for a championship.

Monta is beast
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I see the Warriors changing their style of play a little bit next season. I expect them to slow it down, and feed Lee and Bogut in the post, but their going to be looking for our shooters/cutters. I also think Lee get's off to a real slow start next season, to the point where if re-signed people will start calling for Landry to start.

lol, please
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
He did that this last season and you called for landry to start. :laugh2: I could see it though. Landry might not even be here though, we have to see the roster going into the season. I still expect a starting 5 of:

Curry
Iggy
Barnes
Lee
Howard.

'ship.

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2013, 11:18 PM
What's crackin fellas?

I'm not trading either of Barnes or Klay for Iggy. We have such a great you g core and the only way I'm breaking that up is for an actual star player. I've always liked Iggy and wanted to trade Monta for him for years but now is not the time.

lol, please
06-22-2013, 01:20 AM
What's crackin fellas?

I'm not trading either of Barnes or Klay for Iggy. We have such a great you g core and the only way I'm breaking that up is for an actual star player. I've always liked Iggy and wanted to trade Monta for him for years but now is not the time.Welcome back dude. Long time no see.

ThaDubs
06-25-2013, 12:21 AM
I want Iguadala. His defense is great and he can pass so well for his position. Idk about getting rid of any of our young guys though... we really need to keep this group together. I want Barnes to be untouchable especially.

ThaDubs
06-25-2013, 12:23 AM
If Klay starts deteriorating then I want to somehow get 1st pick in the 2014 draft so we can get the beast of Canada.

TrueFan420
06-25-2013, 07:01 PM
What's crackin fellas?

I'm not trading either of Barnes or Klay for Iggy. We have such a great you g core and the only way I'm breaking that up is for an actual star player. I've always liked Iggy and wanted to trade Monta for him for years but now is not the time.
She touched my leg...

Long time no see Lloyd

SugeKnight
07-06-2013, 02:20 AM
The one time I expected nothing from a rumor...

ESaady
07-06-2013, 05:45 AM
"It was all a dream I used to read Word Up magazine, Salt n Pepper and Heavy D up in the limousine"-Iggy Smalls