PDA

View Full Version : Iggy opts out of contract

29$JerZ
06-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Y! Sources: Denver's Andre Iguodala has decided to opt-out of final year of contract and will enter free agency.
http://tinyurl.com/k7oefuz

Ryan328
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I think he's gone

Raps08-09 Champ
06-14-2013, 02:45 PM
He's going to get paid.

Especially if both CP3 and Howard resign.

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I really feel like he will be on the Pistons next year.

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2013, 02:55 PM
As expected.

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM

Idk, I think he wants to win now. Unless he just wants to get paid, then I can see him as a Piston.

The Pistons have a nice young core, but I don't think they are going to do anything yet. I gave them two or three years.

TheNumber37
06-14-2013, 03:07 PM
iggy is a difference maker, but has always been overpaid... he needs to be making abouts 8 mil per.... he wants to win ? great fit for warriors...

I could see Dallas or the bucks taking him though.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Do not come back to philly. He is a good player but always over paid. I loved that we traded him.

LTBaByyy
06-14-2013, 03:11 PM
He will be on the Mavs with Al Jefferson and Jose Calderon

Ty Fast
06-14-2013, 03:13 PM

i could see that

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
iggy is a difference maker, but has always been overpaid... he needs to be making abouts 8 mil per.... he wants to win ? great fit for warriors...

I could see Dallas or the bucks taking him though.

8 Million is almost mid level exception money. He is worth more than that. I say at least 10 to 11. He is better than Deandre Jordan who is making 10. Iggy is a great defender

Bruno
06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
very interesting.

AYozzy
06-14-2013, 03:16 PM
I know nothing about the Cavs payroll, but him Kyrie Waiters would be fun to watch

LeonFSU
06-14-2013, 03:17 PM
He will be on the Mavs with Al Jefferson and Jose Calderon

That would probably be a bad offseason for Dallas unless they are on 1 year deals

MonroeFAN
06-14-2013, 03:21 PM
yikes that's a terrible off-season for the Mavs.

I think he's a lock to go to Detroit.

ambisme56
06-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I know nothing about the Cavs payroll, but him Kyrie Waiters would be fun to watch

That would be a very nice addition and then they could select Noels with the first pick.

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 03:24 PM
He will go back to Denver.

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Idk, I think he wants to win now. Unless he just wants to get paid, then I can see him as a Piston.

The Pistons have a nice young core, but I don't think they are going to do anything yet. I gave them two or three years.

he is passing on 13 or 15 mil or whatever so i think he wants to win. Pistons would be a great fit but I can him going somewhere like maybe Cavs or Wiz (slightly better positions to win then detroit) Would fit perfectly in Memphis if they lose Tony Allen

LTBaByyy
06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
That would probably be a bad offseason for Dallas unless they are on 1 year deals

I'm being realistic. You want me to say CP3 or Howard???

Dallas has been more successful with less talented, more team oriented players

I have a feeling out line up next year will be:

Calderon 6 mil
Iggy 10 mil
Pierce (Bought Out, not traded) 5 mil
Dirk 20 mil
Jefferson 10 mil

Dennis Schroeder 1 mil
Vince 3 mil
Crowder 1 mil
Marion 5 mil (Resigns for more years)
Brandan Wright 1 mil

Jared Cunningham 1 mil
Anthony Morrow 2 mil
Bernard James 1 mil

5th seed in West next year

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Don't leave Iggy!

IgglesFanInCO
06-14-2013, 03:47 PM
he is passing on 13 or 15 mil or whatever so i think he wants to win. Pistons would be a great fit but I can him going somewhere like maybe Cavs or Wiz (slightly better positions to win then detroit) Would fit perfectly in Memphis if they lose Tony Allen

Hes passing on the 15 mil so that he can be safe for another 4-5 years, its a long term investment not him turning down money for winning, and its not like Memphis is in THAT much better a position to win than the nuggets, especially if they lose tony

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 03:49 PM
No way Hollinger wants Iggy.

JEDean89
06-14-2013, 03:54 PM
My guess is he stays in Denver unless there is a unique opportunity for him to join the Clippers, The Lakers, The Bulls, the Knicks or any major market playoff team. I think Iggy's priority is to win, but I think he would rather win in a big city, playing next to superstars.

Gators123
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Iggy said he wants long term security. Pistons have $25M in cap...

akesh99
06-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Dude wants to get paid, not win. It's evident in him opting out. Case in point, there is no team in a better position to win than the Nuggets that can offer him a contract. He'll end up getting something around a 5yr 60mil contract from a team like the Cavs, Pistons or Mavs.

5ass
06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
pistons would be a great fit.

NYtilIdie
06-14-2013, 04:13 PM
The Nuggets really fell apart in one off-season.

RaiderLakersA's
06-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Wish we could add him to the Lakers.

b_russ
06-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Calderon 6 mil
Iggy 10 mil
Dirk 20 mil
Jefferson 10 mil

Dennis Schroeder 1 mil
Vince 3 mil
Crowder 1 mil
Brandan Wright 1 mil

Jared Cunningham 1 mil
Anthony Morrow 2 mil
Bernard James 1 mil

I agree. Basically if the Mavs don't get one of those guys everyone's going to say they had a "terrible" offseason. I think there's going to be a lot of teams that are going to have a "terrible" offseason by those standards. I just hope that teams have learned from the past and with the new CBA won't pay these second tier free agents superstar money.

LeonFSU
06-14-2013, 04:38 PM

Calderon 6 mil
Iggy 10 mil
Dirk 20 mil
Jefferson 10 mil

Dennis Schroeder 1 mil
Vince 3 mil
Crowder 1 mil
Brandan Wright 1 mil

Jared Cunningham 1 mil
Anthony Morrow 2 mil
Bernard James 1 mil

You're being realistic then proceed to have the Mavs signing Pierce...

Throwing Pierce in there is a bit much. Getting Calderon and Iguodala for those contracts wouldn't be bad. Its more signing Jefferson long term that would be a bad move for the Mavs. The defense on that frontline would be horrible. I don't see him as a good fit alongside Dirk.

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
No way Iggy is signing anywhere for 10mil

Tony_Starks
06-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Going to re-up with Denver for long term. He wants stability. If its about strictly getting paid he could've took his big money this year then still went to a horrible team like Detroit or Wizards next year and got overpaid.

c.c.
06-14-2013, 04:45 PM
We good on Iggy, Parsons > Iggy

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 04:49 PM
No way Iggy is signing anywhere for 10mil

how so?

abe_froman
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
My guess is he stays in Denver unless there is a unique opportunity for him to join the Clippers, The Lakers, The Bulls, the Knicks or any major market playoff team. I think Iggy's priority is to win, but I think he would rather win in a big city, playing next to superstars.

i dont think any of the teams you named are under the cap,so def cant afford him

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
how so?

There's no team good enough, with $10mil in cap that Iggy would be able to take that kind of paycut for.

shep33
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Mavs

ArmLaker
06-14-2013, 05:03 PM
He's going to come to the Lakers on a 1-year vet minimum contract to back up Kobe.

PhillyFaninLA
06-14-2013, 05:13 PM

You don't want him....I couldn't stand him as a Sixers fan and was glad when he was traded...you will never win a title with him on your roster.

Vinny642
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Come to the Pels

tp13baby
06-14-2013, 05:19 PM

We all knew Iggy was going to opt out. he wants long term security.
We all thought Karl needed to be fired but didn't think Kroenke was gonna do it.
No Clue about Masai though.

Really rocky times in Denver though.

tp13baby
06-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I still think Denver is the favorite. He makes a big difference on the team, especially defensively, and our cap situation most importantly depends on retaining him cause we can't sign anyone of his caliber.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Free agents in the NBA aren't really free...

unless he wants to go to a rebuilding lottery team, his best bet is to stay in DEN.

rangersfan
06-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Calderon 6 mil
Iggy 10 mil
Dirk 20 mil
Jefferson 10 mil

Dennis Schroeder 1 mil
Vince 3 mil
Crowder 1 mil
Brandan Wright 1 mil

Jared Cunningham 1 mil
Anthony Morrow 2 mil
Bernard James 1 mil

Wright's a UFA, and you think he'll accept only $1 mill? He's going to get way more than that on the open market. Pierce isn't going to settle for $5 mill.

Dirk/Jefferson might be the worst frontcourt defensively in the NBA. Calderon might be the worst PG defensively in the NBA. We allowed the 4th-most oppg last season, so let's get even worse? Not a very good plan.

3iverson3
06-14-2013, 06:47 PM

Parson is not nearly as complete as Iggy is. Iggy is an elite defender, top 3 for his position, and he can guard three positions. He is a better passer, rebounder, and finisher. Parsons is just the better shooter. I'll take Wilson chandler, Iggy, or gallo over parson any day

BallIsAll
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM

You consider losing a gm and firing a coach falling apart? All our young players still there iggy said he was opting out a while ago.

Auseranami
06-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Galo isn't that good. All he can do is shoot, and he didn't even do that very good this year.

Chacarron
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM

I would love him on the Pistons just because of 2k14 with Iggy, Monroe and Drummond in the same team :drool:

c.c.
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Parson is not nearly as complete as Iggy is. Iggy is an elite defender, top 3 for his position, and he can guard three positions. He is a better passer, rebounder, and finisher. Parsons is just the better shooter. I'll take Wilson chandler, Iggy, or gallo over parson any day

Parsons on his rookie contract, he's not even getting paid 1 M.

JEDean89
06-14-2013, 08:30 PM
There's no team good enough, with $10mil in cap that Iggy would be able to take that kind of paycut for.

this is what i meant by unique opportunity. like if deng was traded or the mavs sign Paul and shift room to be able to sign iggy. something like that.

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Galo isn't that good. All he can do is shoot, and he didn't even do that very good this year.

I'm convinced you've never seen a Nuggets game so I won't bother responding to this.

3iverson3
06-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Parsons on his rookie contract, he's not even getting paid 1 M.

So that makes him better? This was completely irrelevant to what I said.

KingPosey
06-15-2013, 01:25 AM

Lol good luck with that

Monta is beast
06-15-2013, 01:39 AM
GS Trades:
Thompson
Jefferson
Biedrins

DEN Trades
Iguodala
Miller
1st round pick (lottery protected)

PG: Curry//Miller//Bazemore
SG: Iguodala//Rush//Bazemore
SF: Barnes//Rush//Iguodala
PF: Lee//Landry//Green
C: Bogut//Biedrins//Lee

cmellofan15
06-15-2013, 01:45 AM
That's a pretty bad trade on Denver's behalf. Klay thompson, two useless players and a not so good pick for one of our best players (if we retain him). No way we could use Jefferson or Biedrins with our current roster.

SeoulBeatz
06-15-2013, 02:02 AM

I can't see him going to the pistons (who are a few years way from contending).

He's 29, i think he realizes his window is closing and he wants to go somewhere he can win.

SeoulBeatz
06-15-2013, 02:03 AM

that's pretty absurd, but hey it's your opinion.

JLynn943
06-15-2013, 02:05 AM
As much as the Kings need a real SF and to improve their defense, Iggy would probably be a horrible fit offensively unless we change up our guard situation. Not good too have that many people who can't consistently shoot well. I don't know if he's the player we should go for.

RiceOnTheRun
06-15-2013, 03:11 AM

Calderon 6 mil
Iggy 10 mil
Dirk 20 mil
Jefferson 10 mil

Dennis Schroeder 1 mil
Vince 3 mil
Crowder 1 mil
Brandan Wright 1 mil

Jared Cunningham 1 mil
Anthony Morrow 2 mil
Bernard James 1 mil

So, I think it's safe to say OKC and SA are a safe pick for 1/2 in the west.

Then you have GSW, Memphis. I'm projecting Howard to go to Houston and CP3 to stay with the Clips so arguably, I think those two teams would be high candidates for a top 4 spot as well. So that's already 6 teams that could easily win 50 games fighting for the top 4 spots. Idunno man, one thing I'm worried about is the age of this team as well. Playing vets heavy minutes does not usually leave you in a good spot and we learned that in NY this year when half our team took an early retirement in the playoffs.

naps
06-15-2013, 03:28 AM
If Mavs miss out on Howard/CP3, I can see Cuban overpaying for him as a consolation prize.

bholly
06-15-2013, 04:21 AM
GS Trades:
Thompson
Jefferson
Biedrins

DEN Trades
Iguodala
Miller
1st round pick (lottery protected)

PG: Curry//Miller//Bazemore
SG: Iguodala//Rush//Bazemore
SF: Barnes//Rush//Iguodala
PF: Lee//Landry//Green
C: Bogut//Biedrins//Lee

lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like Thompson just fine, but you're talking about getting the best player, then getting a solid vet for $20m in deadweight contracts, and still picking up a first round pick in the process. There's just no way.

Take out Miller, Biedrins and the pick and you'd be closer to realistic.

By the way, I love this GSW team, and love Iggy, and would like nothing more than to see him go there - but that deal is absurd.

Chrisclover
06-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Iggy is well-rounded, but it is a pity that he doesnt score too much.good fit for a prolific scorer and passer ,kyrie

KINGBAIZE
06-15-2013, 12:27 PM
this is what i meant by unique opportunity. like if deng was traded or the mavs sign Paul and shift room to be able to sign iggy. something like that.

^^^^ Exactly what I was thinking! Matter of fact...

Chicago trades L. Deng & K. Hinrich for A. Iguadola, then C. Boozer & 1st rd pick from Charlotte to Minnesota for K. Love!!! (Then we have an improved offensive 3 who can defend just as well as Deng & create his own shot! Dumping Hinrich would allow us to resign N. Robinson and possibly Bellelini to a 1 yr contract. THAT WOULD BE SCARYY!!!!

D. Rose / N. Robinson/ M. Teague
J. Butler/ M. Bellelini
A. Iguodala/
K. Love/ T. Gibson
J. Noah/ N. Mohammed/ Draft!

MiamiBoy77
06-15-2013, 02:09 PM
^^^^ Exactly what I was thinking! Matter of fact...

Chicago trades L. Deng & K. Hinrich for A. Iguadola, then C. Boozer & 1st rd pick from Charlotte to Minnesota for K. Love!!! (Then we have an improved offensive 3 who can defend just as well as Deng & create his own shot! Dumping Hinrich would allow us to resign N. Robinson and possibly Bellelini to a 1 yr contract. THAT WOULD BE SCARYY!!!!

D. Rose / N. Robinson/ M. Teague
J. Butler/ M. Bellelini
A. Iguodala/
K. Love/ T. Gibson
J. Noah/ N. Mohammed/ Draft!

Lol trading Booz and a future 1 for Love?

kylem4711
06-15-2013, 03:29 PM
really interested to see where he goes. like others have said, he could definitely be a difference maker. I would love to see him on the warriors

c.c.
06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
So that makes him better? This was completely irrelevant to what I said.

He worth every thousand he's receiving, they are not!

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:07 PM
that's pretty absurd, but hey it's your opinion.

Last season

Iggy: 13.0 ppg 5.3 reb 5.4 apg Age:29
Parsons: 15.5 ppg 5.3 reb 3.5 apg Age: 24

Pretty absurd huh, Parsons and Iggy is not that far away from each other. So comparing or saying one is better than one another isn't "absurd". We are talking about Andre Iguodala not LeBron or Durant.

3iverson3
06-15-2013, 05:21 PM
He worth every thousand he's receiving, they are not!

Don't worry parsons will a higher contract soon.

3iverson3
06-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Last season

Iggy: 13.0 ppg 5.3 reb 5.4 apg Age:29
Parsons: 15.5 ppg 5.3 reb 3.5 apg Age: 24

Pretty absurd huh, Parsons and Iggy is not that far away from each other. So comparing or saying one is better than one another isn't "absurd". We are talking about Andre Iguodala not LeBron or Durant.

Iggy is better in every category not including shooting. He can change the dynamic if a team with just his pretense. Denver became a much better team defensively with him. He shut down harden every match this year. Harden played horribly against Denver every time. I can't say parsons can do that.

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Don't worry parsons will a higher contract soon.

And by then, Iggy will most certainly be on the decline. With that being said, Parsons is also more valuable than him.

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Iggy is better in every category not including shooting. He can change the dynamic if a team with just his pretense. Denver became a much better team defensively with him. He shut down harden every match this year. Harden played horribly against Denver every time. I can't say parsons can do that.

I didn't notice it

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:43 PM

Well answer this then, who would rather on your team right now! Assume both are free agents and you about to offer one of them a multi deal

DaddyCool
06-15-2013, 05:47 PM
He's gonna get close to the 15 a year that he just opted out of. He's a fantastic player. Really, the only complaint about his game is his mysteriously declining FT % and inability to consistently create his own shot.

c.c.
06-15-2013, 05:52 PM
He's gonna get close to the 15 a year that he just opted out of. He's a fantastic player. Really, the only complaint about his game is his mysteriously declining FT % and inability to consistently create his own shot.

His contract gonna be somebody's regret, I don't think he's worth that much

JEDean89
06-15-2013, 08:52 PM
I didn't notice it

the advanced stats show that denver was a few points per 100 better with him on the floor. you didn't notice it because you probably weren't watching, or didn't know what you were watching.

c.c.
06-15-2013, 11:15 PM
the advanced stats show that denver was a few points per 100 better with him on the floor. you didn't notice it because you probably weren't watching, or didn't know what you were watching.

I watch every team for one and "few" points isn't that noticeable

3iverson3
06-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Well answer this then, who would rather on your team right now! Assume both are free agents and you about to offer one of them a multi deal

I think I made it pretty clear I would pick Iggy over him. In a way I agree with you because Iggy does cost a lot. I would give him around 11-12 per year. 15-16 is a lot, HOWEVER, he brings so much to this team. He makes us better defensively and makes us a top 5 team in the West. With a coach who can actually make something happen defensively and call some freaking plays, Iggy can thrive more offensively.

Iggy averaged 18pts, 8 rebs, 5.3 assists, 48% from 3's. So he can score..

Iggy is a shut down defender and can guard multiple positions. Parsons isn't that guy. Wilson Chandler is a better defender than Parsons.

3iverson3
06-16-2013, 04:25 AM
And by then, Iggy will most certainly be on the decline. With that being said, Parsons is also more valuable than him.

Parsons is not in his prime unlike Iggy, so I don't see how he is more valuable right now.

I didn't notice it

That is probably because you don't watch nuggets. Same reason why we nuggets fans do not want Karl. Every nba fan wonders why we dislike him so much. You have to watch them on a regular basis to figure these out. Don't just look at the gsw series. They absolutely teared this playoffs apart with their shooting. If you want to see how Iggy's defense effected this team look at the games we played against the rockets. He absolutely shut down Harden.

Gators123
06-16-2013, 07:15 AM

They're actually better by 5 points per 100 possessions. Thats noticeable.

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Parsons is not in his prime unlike Iggy, so I don't see how he is more valuable right now.

That is probably because you don't watch nuggets. Same reason why we nuggets fans do not want Karl. Every nba fan wonders why we dislike him so much. You have to watch them on a regular basis to figure these out. Don't just look at the gsw series. They absolutely teared this playoffs apart with their shooting. If you want to see how Iggy's defense effected this team look at the games we played against the rockets. He absolutely shut down Harden.

If you don't get how a player in their prime isn't more valuable right now you just don't get it. Maybe parsons is better long run but right now iggy has him.

And did you say the warriors where bad this playoffs other than shooting? Cause if so your way off. They out rebound, played good d, showed they can handle adversity when the lost their second best player and played the spurs well up until curry messed his ankle up AGAIN

3iverson3
06-16-2013, 01:26 PM
If you don't get how a player in their prime isn't more valuable right now you just don't get it. Maybe parsons is better long run but right now iggy has him.

And did you say the warriors where bad this playoffs other than shooting? Cause if so your way off. They out rebound, played good d, showed they can handle adversity when the lost their second best player and played the spurs well up until curry messed his ankle up AGAIN

Never thought or said both if those things. I think I have explained that Iggy is better right now in his prime than parsons. I also never said the warriors just shot well. I simply stated that they were lights out vs the nuggets and I am not wrong. Never said they didn't play an great overall game because if they didn't they wouldn't have gone to the second round challenging the spurs.

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Never thought or said both if those things. I think I have explained that Iggy is better right now in his prime than parsons. I also never said the warriors just shot well. I simply stated that they were lights out vs the nuggets and I am not wrong. Never said they didn't play an great overall game because if they didn't they wouldn't have gone to the second round challenging the spurs.
For sure I'm still really drunk from last night so I might have read wrong my apologies

h2r09
06-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I think I made it pretty clear I would pick Iggy over him. In a way I agree with you because Iggy does cost a lot. I would give him around 11-12 per year. 15-16 is a lot, HOWEVER, he brings so much to this team. He makes us better defensively and makes us a top 5 team in the West. With a coach who can actually make something happen defensively and call some freaking plays, Iggy can thrive more offensively.

Iggy averaged 18pts, 8 rebs, 5.3 assists, 48% from 3's. So he can score..

Iggy is a shut down defender and can guard multiple positions. Parsons isn't that guy. Wilson Chandler is a better defender than Parsons.
When did Iguodala ever average anything close to that?

h2r09
06-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Whoever signs Iguodala better not pass him off as a number 1 option. He's been miscast in that role his entire career pretty much.

He needs to go to a place where he can be the primary perimeter defender as well as the 2nd and ideally the 3rd option on a contender. A team like the Hawks wouldnt be a bad fit behind Horford and maybe another guy they add. He does need to be on an uptempo team though to correctly utilize him

JEDean89
06-16-2013, 02:34 PM

well then you're opinion has been voided. the nuggets were +5.1 as said the nuggets were better 5 points per 100 defensively with iggy on the floor. you just don't get basketball dude it's okay. a few points per 100 can mean everything in basketball, everything.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
When did Iguodala ever average anything close to that?

from 2007-10 Iggy was a 18+,5,5 player

3iverson3
06-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Playoffs this year