PDA

View Full Version : Source: CP3 and Dwight trying to team up.

justinnum1
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
broussard
Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on http://espn.com
If you are the rockets, would you sign and trade harden for CP3?

RiceOnTheRun
06-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Hell no. Harden is still young and will continue improving. He's already a top 5 SG right now and will only get better.

kduce
06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I was just coming here to post this. I am never fast enough lol crazy. I have been saying they will be Rockets... I still think that now. I guess Dallas could try and get them both as could the Hawks, but I just dont see them going anywhere but Houston.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Broussard really after the Clips this summer with negative rumor after negative rumor. If CP3 does this I'll hate him more than I ever did Brand. Him and Dwight 3 teams in 3 years? Cowards if they do it.

D-Leethal
06-14-2013, 10:51 AM
That would be a great duo but if CP3 gets fed up with Blake's playful personality what the hell is he going to think of Dwight?

RiceOnTheRun
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
If they do plan on this, Dallas is their best chance. They have a Dirk who can still play well and an owner that would be more than glad to throw his cash into the luxury tax for that team.

Plus, we've seen what Dirk along with a defensive 7 footer and a savvy point guard can do. This is basically Tyson Chandler with an offensive game and a younger floor general in Chris Paul.

RLundi
Hell no. Harden is still young and will continue improving. He's already a top 5 SG right now and will only get better.

Top 3.

nycericanguy
broussard

WTH would they do that?

S&T Asik & Lin for CP3...

Sign Howard...

RLundi
06-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Broussard really after the Clips this summer with negative rumor after negative rumor. If CP3 does this I'll hate him more than I ever did Brand. Him and Dwight 3 teams in 3 years? Cowards if they do it.

Lol.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
If they do plan on this, Dallas is their best chance. They have a Dirk who can still play well and an owner that would be more than glad to throw his cash into the luxury tax for that team.

Plus, we've seen what Dirk along with a defensive 7 footer and a savvy point guard can do. This is basically Tyson Chandler with an offensive game and a younger floor general in Chris Paul.

They would have to let Collison & Roddy go, AND then find someone to take Marion's $9.4m deal off their hands without taking salary back.

strahan92osi72
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
WTH would they do that?

S&T Asik & Lin for CP3...

Sign Howard...

And why would the Clippers do this?

strahan92osi72
06-14-2013, 10:57 AM
That would be a great duo but if CP3 gets fed up with Blake's playful personality what the hell is he going to think of Dwight?

Exactly. I mean Dwight is a loser, I wouldn't want him on my team no matter how good he can be when he actually wants to be.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 10:58 AM
And why would the Clippers do this?

Why wouldn't they?

It's better than having CP3 just walk... Asik & Lin is much more than teams usually get in S&T's...

It would also open up being able to trade Jordan for another piece. They wouldn't be half bad

Asik
Griffin
Barnes/butler
JC
Bledsoe/Lin

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Lol.

You cant be on 3 teams in 3 years by choice and keep respect, legacy and dignity. Goes for anyone.

strahan92osi72
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Why wouldn't they?

It's better than having CP3 just walk... Asik & Lin is much more than teams usually get in S&T's...

It would also open up being able to trade Jordan for another piece. They wouldn't be half bad

Asik
Griffin
Barnes/butler
JC
Bledsoe/Lin

I guess, but I don't think Lin and Asik are really worth it. I seriously think they can get a better package elsewhere.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I wont be upset if we get a S&T. I already don't respect Dwight but CP3 leaving a growing HCA team that's doing everything to improve?

RealLiveBear
06-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Exactly, why trade harden, Sign howard straight up then trade Asik and Lin for paul.
Paul
Harden
Parsons
Robinson
Howard
Thats a hell of a starting line up

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
They would have to let Collison & Roddy go, AND then find someone to take Marion's $9.4m deal off their hands without taking salary back.

I think Pistons would take on Marion's contract.If they throw in the #13 pick.Then we could draft MCW and Shabazz.

nycericanguy
I guess, but I don't think Lin and Asik are really worth it. I seriously think they can get a better package elsewhere.

Of course, but this is not a straight trade situation...CP3 is not under contract with the Clips... this is a guy that can just leave.

You are overestimating what a team can get for a FREE AGENT that can just walk...

Lebron was S&T'ed for a few late 1st's... same with Bosh...

DET only got Ben Wallace and a pick for Grant Hill when he left... and Wallace wasn't considered anything special back then.

If CP3 is leaving, I think the Clippers would have to be ecstatic to be able to get Asik & LIn for him

RiceOnTheRun
Top 3.

Honestly, I think top 2, Kobe had a great season and it's arguable whose was better 2012-13 but I honestly don't want to start a whole argument with is he better than blahblah.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Stephen A just called BS. Said CP3's happier here than weeks ago with the Clippers being very aggressive and proactive with coaching search and roster. Stephen,A is wrong half the time, Broussard is wrong 90 percent of the time. Who's paying Broussard to stir **** up constantly for the Clips this summer is what I want to know.

RiceOnTheRun
06-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Top 3.

Honestly, I think top 2, Kobe had a great season and it's arguable whose was better 2012-13 but I honestly don't want to start a whole argument with is he better than blahblah.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Why wouldn't they?

Asik
Griffin
Barnes/butler
JC
Bledsoe/Lin

No way LAC would accept that trade. They'd be better off with cap space instead of those 2 guys.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I think Pistons would take on Marion's contract.If they throw in the #13 pick.Then we could draft MCW and Shabazz.Bucks could as well.

lakerfan85
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Of course, but this is not a straight trade situation...CP3 is not under contract with the Clips... this is a guy that can just leave.

You are overestimating what a team can get for a FREE AGENT that can just walk...

DET only got Ben Wallace and a pick for Grant Hill when he left... and Wallace wasn't considered anything special back then.

If CP3 is leaving, I think the Clippers would have to be ecstatic to be able to get Asik & LIn for him

Sure he can leave but he'd need the clippers help to get to the rockets if Dwight signs there..

GThawks
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Hawks are the only team than have a realistic shot to get both. Rockets and Mavs landing both is a pipe dream

Paul
Williams
First round pick / Korver
Horford
Howard

justinnum1
06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
would lakers take bledsoe and jordan in a s&t for dwight?

gatkins11
06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
I think Pistons would take on Marion's contract.If they throw in the #13 pick.Then we could draft MCW and Shabazz.

Bucks could as well.

Please do. Lol.

GThawks
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM

They can't receive anybody in a s&t for Dwight.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 11:13 AM
No way LAC would accept that trade. They'd be better off with cap space instead of those 2 guys.

I disagree, $16m for Asik & Lin isn't bad, and they'd only be signed for 2 years. Asik is a better fit at C next to Griffin.

It's not like they'd have TONS of cap space otherwise, after their pick they'd have about $11m-13m to spend. I'd take Asik & Lin over that much money, who are they going to get better than those 2 for 11-13m?

lakerfan85
06-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Agreed.. Plus they have Bledsoe and Jordan.. I don't think Lin and Asik are an improvement over those two...

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Sure he can leave but he'd need the clippers help to get to the rockets if Dwight signs there..

Even w/o Howard they'd have a great team if CP3 signs there... so the Clips would have to call his bluff.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Agreed.. Plus they have Bledsoe and Jordan.. I don't think Lin and Asik are an improvement over those two...

Asik is def an improvement over Jordan... and Lin wouldn't replace Bledsoe... you can easily have a 3 guard rotation of Lin, Bledsoe & JC.

Jordan can be flipped for another piece.

GThawks
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM
"They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen," one of the sources said.

The Atlanta Hawks could make it happen. Atlanta, which is Howard's hometown, has the cap room to sign both players to maximum-salaried contracts.

Howard is not particularly fond of the idea of returning to Atlanta, but he would do so to team up with Paul, the sources said.

But Paul, despite recently being upset with the Clippers over the perception that he got coach Vinny Del Negro fired, is unlikely to leave Los Angeles, one source said. He has gotten over his anger with the club and likes living in Los Angeles.

"It would be very tough for him to go to Atlanta," the source said. "He loved Atlanta when they should have drafted him in '05 but not so much since then. But hey, everybody is an option at this point."

lakerfan85
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Even w/o Howard they'd have a great team if CP3 signs there... so the Clips would have to call his bluff.

What makes you think they wouldn't?

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Damn,I wish Detroit wasn't such a crappy destination to people.We have a ton of money with nobody to spend it on.

CP3/Calderon
Knight/Stuckey
Shabazz/Singler
Monroe/Drummond
Howard/Drummond

JordansBulls
06-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Go to Atlanta if not Houston.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I disagree, $16m for Asik & Lin isn't bad, and they'd only be signed for 2 years. Asik is a better fit at C next to Griffin.

It's not like they'd have TONS of cap space otherwise, after their pick they'd have about $11m-13m to spend. I'd take Asik & Lin over that much money, who are they going to get better than those 2 for 11-13m?

In the NBA the worse thing you can be is a bottom playoff seed. Yes, getting Lin and Asik back would make them better as opposed to letting CP3 walk for nothing but at the same time it also puts them farther from a championship. The NBA isn't like the NFL where you can just keep getting progressively better and better until you have legitimate title hopes. Because of the salary cap structure, the extremely low success rate of late draft picks relative to other sports, and the importance of star players it's better to be a bad team with lots of cap space than a good (but not elite) team with limited financial flexibility. After this season, Caron Butler and Grant Hill combine to take 10 mil off the books for the Clippers. They can be major FA players next year if they just let CP3 walk without taking Lin and Asik back. Plus that gives them a higher pick to add to their core.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 11:27 AM
In the NBA the worse thing you can be is a bottom playoff seed. Yes, getting Lin and Asik back would make them better as opposed to letting CP3 walk for nothing but at the same time it also puts them farther from a championship. The NBA isn't like the NFL where you can just keep getting progressively better and better until you have legitimate title hopes. Because of the salary cap structure, the extremely low success rate of late draft picks relative to other sports, and the importance of star players it's better to be a bad team with lots of cap space than a good (but not elite) team with limited financial flexibility. After this season, Caron Butler and Grant Hill combine to take 10 mil off the books for the Clippers. They can be major FA players next year if they just let CP3 walk without taking Lin and Asik back. Plus that gives them a higher pick to add to their core.

Well agree to disagree, I would agree with you if Lin & Asik had long term deals, but 2 year deals are very reasonable, at worse LA waits 1 extra year to have cap space...and the 2015 FA class is MUCH better anyway, at best they get 2 solid young players to continue to build around or package in a trade if another star becomes available.

It's not like there are going to be STAR players in 2014 FAgency... Cap space is great and all, but if you don't spend it, its highly overrated.

gatkins11
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
If Dallas can unload Marion and the #13 pick, they would have a better chance. VC wouldn't be hard to trade to a contender that needs a shooter. Not to mention Dirk's huge contract is off the books at the end of next year and that cap space could be used to sign more solid pieces. It's still a longshot though.

maddBat
06-14-2013, 11:34 AM
funny how once cp3 was suppose 2 go 2 the knicks and dwight to the nets. now they cant go 2 either so they team up lol

Dade County
06-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Don't bring that hate around here...

You would have no real reason to hate on Cp3... He is/will be a free agent (do you know what that means?)

He was traded to the clippers, he didn't come out and say, I WANT TO BE A CLIPPER FOR LIFE!

All Cp3 did was not opt out so the trade could go down, he owes the Clippers noting.

Mods please don't late future hate threads pop up.

Edit***

I checked out your other post, you have clammed down now.

maddBat
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
and hope they go 2 the west... :D

Dade County
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM

True...

Rockets:
Cp3
Harden
Howard

Clippers:
Cp3
Melo (Trade Blake for Melo)
Howard ( Jordan and fillers )

Howard should go to OKC, if he can't team up with above players.

Avenged
06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Dwight, I could understand why.

CP3 not so much. He's in a much better situation in LAC than he would be with Dwight IF he got the Dwight the Lakers got..

goingfor28
06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
its chris broussard. his "sources" have zero cred
/

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 11:48 AM

:laugh2:

Go read what Dr J said.

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2013, 11:56 AM
True...

Rockets:
Cp3
Harden
Howard

Clippers:
Cp3

Lol the Knicks wouldn't do that

Dade County
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Lol the Knicks wouldn't do that

If Melo wanted out they would... But yeah, you are right.

Edit**

I actually wanted the Knicks to get that trio, but the knicks front office is trash, and they could never come up with away to pull it off.

But of course the league would want that Trio out west, so they can meet the HEAT in the finals (ratings!).

Swashcuff
06-14-2013, 12:01 PM
You cant be on 3 teams in 3 years by choice and keep respect, legacy and dignity. Goes for anyone.

You mean 3 teams in 4 years (unless you're counting the Lakers) and what did he do wrong? He was traded by one team to another and is WELL within his right to sign as a FA wherever he pleases. I'll respect him, I expect his legacy to grow (if he's able to win) and I don't judge a man's dignity by the fact that he made the right career choices for not only himself but probably his family as well (could potentially make more money in Houston than with the Clips).

Pierzynski4Prez
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
True...

Rockets:
Cp3
Harden
Howard

Clippers:
Cp3

Yea Knicks would be all over that one. A defensive Center with limited offensive abilities is what they are lacking.

SOS
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I wont be upset if we get a S&T. I already don't respect Dwight but CP3 leaving a growing HCA team that's doing everything to improve?

Sorry to break it to you but I see no reason for cp3 to stay. 2 first round exits in 2 years and no reliable 2nd option. The clippers are not built for the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM
U
If Melo wanted out they would... But yeah, you are right.

Edit**

I actually wanted the Knicks to get that trio, but the knicks front office is trash, and they could never come up with away to pull it off.

But of course the league would want that Trio out west, so they can meet the HEAT in the finals (ratings!).

This is where melo wants to be. New York I doubt he leaves. No reason to wait all this time for Dwight and Paul. I'd love Paul but we live with what happens After this year when we have cap lol

Dade County
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Yea Knicks would be all over that one.

Cash Cow Griffin....? Yeah, let Melo tell the front office that he wants to go to the Clips... 4 to 5 team trade coming up.

They would just need a team to take on stat contract ( i know easy said then done ).

A defensive Center with limited offensive abilities is what they are lacking.

Center?

Blink
06-14-2013, 12:24 PM

As a Pistons fan gimme #13 future pick and I'll eat Marions deal

PhillyFaninLA
06-14-2013, 12:29 PM

Maybe you should hate management that can't keep players and not players that leave because they have fulfilled a contract.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Dwight, I could understand why.

CP3 not so much. He's in a much better situation in LAC than he would be with Dwight IF he got the Dwight the Lakers got..

Yup. Shocked to see how many people defend CP3 on this. The Clippers were an injury or two from surpassing 60 wins. They are a HCA team in the west that improved significantly both years CP3 was here. They have growing assets, nice young talent and are on the rise. CP3 has handpicked the role players and our next coach will be a big upgrade. Not to mention we are the most aggressive front office the last few years.

CP3 has ZERO reasons to leave, let alone maintain any dignity in,doing so. The Clippers aren't just the CP3 and Griffin show. Best bench in NBA and I doubt the Hawks can surround ghese two with as much talent.

Stinkyoutsider
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
A good move for both players. But, I would like to see if Howard changes his mind like he's known to do?

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry to break it to you but I see no reason for cp3 to stay. 2 first round exits in 2 years and no reliable 2nd option. The clippers are not built for the playoffs.

Lol at Griffin not being a reliable second option. How many not reliable 2nd options put up 21 ppg PER 36 on great efficiency?

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
You mean 3 teams in 4 years (unless you're counting the Lakers) and what did he do wrong? He was traded by one team to another and is WELL within his right to sign as a FA wherever he pleases. I'll respect him, I expect his legacy to grow (if he's able to win) and I don't judge a man's dignity by the fact that he made the right career choices for not only himself but probably his family as well (could potentially make more money in Houston than with the Clips).

If we were saying he's on let's say the Jazz right now I'd get it. But 56 win team in the WEST on the rise? One of the two biggest markets in the NBA? There are ZERO definitively better decisions out there.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Cash Cow Griffin....? Yeah, let Melo tell the front office that he wants to go to the Clips... 4 to 5 team trade coming up.

They would just need a team to take on stat contract ( i know easy said then done ).

Center?

My apologies, I'm blind today. I thought I read Deandre.

KnickaBocka.44
06-14-2013, 12:50 PM
The Rockets only have 14 Million in cap space. It is going to take a lot of wiggling to make something like this happen.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 12:56 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/14/report-chris-paul-dwight-howard-text-about-teaming-up-this-will-not-happen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If Hawks can't afford it, nobody can. Another trustworthy rumor to stir the pot, brought to you by Broussard.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Come to Philly. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COME TO PHILLY

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Pistons and bucks fans keep saying they will eat marions deal but what would you be giving to them in return to make salaries match while still making it worth it for the mavs ? Since they aren't gonna take on any long term money...

Magic can take Marion and the 13th pick and either give a player who can be bought out this year (hedo turk owed 12mil can be bought out for 6) or we have a TPE from the Dwight trade they can use .... we could even take Vince Carter and Marion and the 13th pick for the tpe and hedo(buy out) .... that would cost them 6 mill against the cap instead of marions and Carter combined salary which is probably around 15 mil total so in the end it could save them 9 million to do this deal.

FYL_McVeezy
06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
If this is true....they will both be rockets next season!

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Dwight to the Clips for Blake and Bledsoe.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-14-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't think the Lakers can do a sNt

gatkins11
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Pistons and bucks fans keep saying they will eat marions deal but what would you be giving to them in return to make salaries match while still making it worth it for the mavs ? Since they aren't gonna take on any long term money...

Magic can take Marion and the 13th pick and either give a player who can be bought out this year (hedo turk owed 12mil can be bought out for 6) or we have a TPE from the Dwight trade they can use .... we could even take Vince Carter and Marion and the 13th pick for the tpe and hedo(buy out) .... that would cost them 6 mill against the cap instead of marions and Carter combined salary which is probably around 15 mil total so in the end it could save them 9 million to do this deal.

How big is that TPE?

KnickaBocka.44
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
If this is true....they will both be rockets next season!

not unless Morey gets really creative.

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
i will lose all respect for both of them, not that anyone has much of any for Howard anymore anyways. This is everything that is wrong with the league happening again

Greg.
06-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure what the base salary for Dwight and CP3 is but, if the Rockets waive all their non guaranteed contracts except Parsons and Beverly (Garcia, Delfino, Brooks, Greg Smith, James Anderson, Tim Ohlbrecht) they would have around $16-17 million in cap space and trading Asik, Lin and Robinson in a straight salary dump would give close to $20m more. Rockets would only have Harden, Parsons, Beverly, Jones, Motijunas and Royce White (assuming there's no way out of his contract) which would total slightly over $20 million and the salary cap is what? Estimated $58.5? So $38.5 million in cap space and I think I read that Howard's max is around $20.5 and Paul's is around $18.5. So, if what I'm reading on hoopsword is right and I'm reading it right, Morey wouldn't have to get that creative to do it.

Chronz
06-14-2013, 01:44 PM

Say who?

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure what the base salary for Dwight and CP3 is but, if the Rockets waive all their non guaranteed contracts except Parsons and Beverly (Garcia, Delfino, Brooks, Greg Smith, James Anderson, Tim Ohlbrecht) they would have around $16-17 million in cap space and trading Asik, Lin and Robinson in a straight salary dump would give close to $20m more. Rockets would only have Harden, Parsons, Beverly, Jones, Motijunas and Royce White (assuming there's no way out of his contract) which would total slightly over $20 million and the salary cap is what? Estimated $58.5? So $38.5 million in cap space and I think I read that Howard's max is around $20.5 and Paul's is around $18.5. So, if what I'm reading on hoopsword is right and I'm reading it right, Morey wouldn't have to get that creative to do it.

That would still be a lot of roster space to have to fill out.

Dade County
06-14-2013, 01:51 PM
i will lose all respect for both of them, not that anyone has much of any for Howard anymore anyways. This is everything that is wrong with the league happening again

I hope you felt the same way in the 80's...

And if you started watching in the 90's, I hope you were saying the same thing about the bulls run.

sep11ie
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
That would still be a lot of roster to fill out, that is true, but what they are left is still a good roster. Parsons and Terrence Jones at the 3 and 4, Beverley and Monty off the bench... Not bad. Not to mention I think Francisco Garcia will sign for the vet min. We can fill in the roster with a back up SG(dime a dozen) and 12 minute a game C.

Dade County
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM

He needs to get the job done then...

And Howard and Cp3 can take 3mil less per year, if they want to really play together.

RLundi
06-14-2013, 01:56 PM

I like the way you think.

Lo Porto
06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I would love to see them go to the Hawks. That would actually be a very good team next year:

PG Paul
SG Jenkins
SF Stevenson
PF Horford
C Howard

Bench: Louis Williams, Ivan Johnson, 2013 draft picks (#17 and #18)

Greg.
06-14-2013, 02:04 PM
That would still be a lot of roster space to have to fill out.

But is it more than having to fill out around Horford, Lou Williams, John Jenkins and Mike Scott or Shelvin Mack? Same with the Mavs. Dirk, Carter, Cunningham and Crowder. Rockets can at least offer to put a good starting lineup around them with 2-3 decent bench players before adding any veteran minimum guys and draft picks (we have #35 and would most likely get some out of an Asik or Trob deal).

Edit: Read Lo Porto's post. Hawks can put together a good roster too but, I think it's still worse than a Rockets roster mostly because Harden>Horford.
PG: Paul
SG:Harden
SF:Parsons
PF: Jones
C: Dwight
Bench: Beverly, Monty, Garcia, Delfino, Aldemir, #35, Whatever we get for Asik

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
In a vaccuum there is nothing wrong with either guy leaving their teams to pursue FA especially considering that both players weren't even drafted by their current teams.

Still though, the whole idea of these top tier FAs basically meeting with each other to team up is just pathetic.

It was sickening when the Heat did it, and it would be sickening if CP3 and Dwight did it.

I can't blame the actual franchises for trying to put together the best teams possible, but it just rubs me the wrong way when the actual players do it.

The NBA is the only place where this really happens to this degree. It sucks.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
My sources are telling me that CP3 is going to take a 3 million mini mid level exception from the Lakers while they pay him $20 million under the table in an off shore account.

They will not have his bird rights next year but they will have the cap room to sign him for a max deal for the next five years.

I like Brousard cannot reveal my sources but they are sources close to Howards and CP3's thinking

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
How big is that TPE?

Its 17.8 million

Its From the Dwight howard trade

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
The Rockets have enough cap space to sign both, no?

waveycrockett
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Hawks seems logical or Clippers if they S&T Griffin for D12. Rockets cant get both.

naps
06-14-2013, 02:21 PM

LOL. You already sound bitter. As a free agent both of them have the right to find the best place to win. Both were sent in these current situations through trades. Now then can choose the best situation for themselves. And I honestly don't think anyone can blame CP3 since playing with Blake Griffin ain't bringing him a championship.

KingstonHawke
06-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Asik
Griffin
Barnes/butler
JC
Bledsoe/Lin

That would be a horrible line-up lol. And it'd be expensive. Asik, Griffin, Lin, and Jordan (or his replacement) would almost be $60 mil by there self. Asik and Lin were bad contracts, and no one is taking those off the Rockets hands.

Greg.
06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Explain how the **** Asik's contract is bad? In his first year with significant minutes he was top 5 in rebounding and was one of the better defensive Centers. You're gonna say that no team in the NBA wants a top defensive Center for $16.6 million over 2 years?

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 02:42 PM
That would be a horrible line-up lol. And it'd be expensive. Asik, Griffin, Lin, and Jordan (or his replacement) would almost be $60 mil by there self. Asik and Lin were bad contracts, and no one is taking those off the Rockets hands.

Umm Asik, Lin Griffin & Jordan would total $42m... not sure what numbers you're looking at.

And no way is Asik a bad contract, a young double, double center that defends at an elite level making $8m is overpaid? What NBA have you been watching?

Even Lin at $8m isn't a terrible contract, since its only 2 more years .

bleedprple&gold
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
These morons had a chance to team up two years ago and they blew it. Nobody should be doing these guys any favors to help them team up now. The opportunity has passed!

KingstonHawke
06-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Cavs need to get smart and make a move.

1. Trade Thompson, #1 overall, Varejoa, and Waiters To the Twolves for Love
2. Trade Irving and Miles to the Pacers for George, Plumlee, and Green
3. Sign Paul and Howard
4. Parade the crippled boy out, and blame Lebron.

PG Paul, Livingston
SG Green, Gee
SF George,
PF Love, Plumlee
C Howard, Zeller

That's enough of a team to win the next 3 championships if they were to stay even relatively healthy.

Greg.
06-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Umm Asik, Lin Griffin & Jordan would total $42m... not sure what numbers you're looking at.

And no way is Asik a bad contract, a young double, double center that defends at an elite level making $8m is overpaid? What NBA have you been watching?

I was gonna bring up Lin too but, since his contract is probably closer to being fair while Asik's is probably a bargain (should also mention he played in all 82 games) I just didn't bring it up

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
In a vaccuum there is nothing wrong with either guy leaving their teams to pursue FA especially considering that both players weren't even drafted by their current teams.

Still though, the whole idea of these top tier FAs basically meeting with each other to team up is just pathetic.

It was sickening when the Heat did it, and it would be sickening if CP3 and Dwight did it.

I can't blame the actual franchises for trying to put together the best teams possible, but it just rubs me the wrong way when the actual players do it.

The NBA is the only place where this really happens to this degree. It sucks.

I can't really get mad at other players wanting to do what MIA did. Other players want to win too, if your co worker gets set up with a $5k super computer and you're left working on a crappy 5 year old PC, well you're going to want what he has to be able to compete are you not?

Lebron put an all star team around himself... Another superstar is going to have a very hard time beating an all star team unless he has help.

I don't like this trend either, but Miami started it and other guys and teams have to follow suit.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Lakers trade Howard to the Clipps for Blake.

Clippers trade DeAndre for Garnett

Clippers in 2014

Howard
Garnett
Butler
Green
CP3

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I was gonna bring up Lin too but, since his contract is probably closer to being fair while Asik's is probably a bargain (should also mention he played in all 82 games) I just didn't bring it up

I mean Lin is definitely overpaid, he was by all accounts average, and average NBA pg's shouldn't make anywhere near $8.3m... BUT... if you look at Lin & Asik as a package deal, paying them $16.6m isn't nearly bad at all.

KingstonHawke
06-14-2013, 02:51 PM

Asik and Lin count for a combined $30 in the final year of their deals against your cap. It's $5-5-15. They used the poison pill technique to keep the Bulls and Knicks from re-signing them. Asik is worth the $8 per, but he's not worth the $15 in the 3rd year because the ramifications his contract has on your cap and ability to acquire other players.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Why are the Rockets even being talked about? By CP3 and Dwight teaming up it all but eliminates the Rockets from the conversation. The Mavs, Hawks, and Clippers should be very happy to hear this news

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Lakers can't sign and trade Dwight I thought?

Greg.
06-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I mean Lin is definitely overpaid, he was by all accounts average, and average NBA pg's shouldn't make anywhere near $8.3m... BUT... if you look at Lin & Asik as a package deal, paying them $16.6m isn't nearly bad at all.

The way I look at it is that when the Rockets signed him it was a good deal since we didn't have Harden and Lin was our only draw for the fans and was the only way the franchise would make money. Then, when we signed Harden, it made it hard for Lin to really adjust to the off guard role but, has slowly adapted. In April, before he got hurt, he averaged 17-7 on 36% shooting from 3. This past year he was overpaid, yes, but, I think his contract is fair considering his potential and the money he draws in for the team

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I hope you felt the same way in the 80's...

And if you started watching in the 90's, I hope you were saying the same thing about the bulls run.

oh players were running to team up with eachother like the Heat back then too? I dont recall Jordan, Bird, Stockton, etc leaving in their prime to chase rings with other stars...

s3antana5757
06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
CP3 to LA for the MLE? Done.

Cracka2HI!
06-14-2013, 03:04 PM
I can't beleive no one has talked about the only real new development in this article.

The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources

I've been saying the Clippers have enough cap space to sign both if they can unload DJ and Caron's contract for awhile around here. Of course they will try to do it and now there is a "rumor" out there that BOTH players want to team up on the Clippers. This would no doubt happen WITH Blake. He is untouchable because of how famous he is and hey...it's LA. His value is much greater than he is as a basketball player. I under the obvious S&T talk for Howard but trust me that is not the Clippers plan.

I see a lot of people saying the Lakers can't S & T Howard. If they amnesty Gasol they can. If they aren't going to retain Howard I don't see why they wouldn't consider using amnesty on Gasol and finally re-building for the first time in franchise history. DJ, Bledsoe and a couple picks would be a decent start. They may not be able to do anything better...including keeping Howard. I've been on this for awhile. I don't think it will happen but I do believe CP3 and Howard both playing on the Clipps is something the players have discussed. I am 100% positive of it.

29$JerZ
06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Forgot LA already used its Amnesty.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Lakers can't sign and trade Dwight I thought?

Yes they can. Dwight just could not sign for a 5 year max. He would have to sign for whatever the Clippers could offer him if he was a free agent.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Forgot LA already used its Amnesty.

Who?

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 03:10 PM

This is too funny.

MiamiBoy77
06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Trade Bledsoe, DeAndre for Afflalo and change
Trade Caron for a 2nd

Paul
Afflalo
Barnes?
Griffin
Dwight

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 03:15 PM
LOL. You already sound bitter. As a free agent both of them have the right to find the best place to win. Both were sent in these current situations through trades. Now then can choose the best situation for themselves. And I honestly don't think anyone can blame CP3 since playing with Blake Griffin ain't bringing him a championship.

If CP3 can't win with a borderline superstar/soon to be superstar and tons of depth, other pieces... then he's a career loser and will retire ringless. How am I bitter though? I'm being realistic and what I'm saying is fair. Lebron left a Cavs team that didn't really improve after 7 years much and had no future. No players like Griffin, DJ, Bledsoe etc to keep growing with.

The Clippers were 1 injury issue away from winning 60 games this year in a year where the west was more brutal than every before in NBA history. They have improved significantly both years and that was under an atrocious coach. Not to mention CP3 hand picked half our roster so if it's not good enough for him, that's his fu**ing problem. Too many people that have ZERO knowledge of the Clippers love to comment on this forum and it's sad.

If CP3 leaves I can already see everybody defending it... and saying "See they are the Clippers", while completely ignoring that the Clippers have done EVERYTHING the last 3 years to turn this organization around. The Clippers have been more aggressive than any team in recent years, have spent the big money and are about to hire a great coach.

Then you factor in we give him a great market, locker room of great guys and the most money? It would be idiotic to leave considering even him+Dwight on the Hawks isn't guaranteed to be a better team than him staying with this squad as I said before. Clippers are talking to multiple teams about trades right now and will be a 60 win team, WCF team next year if they get the right coach.

29$JerZ
06-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Who?

Ryan Gomes

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/17/sports/la-sp-sn-clippers-gomes-20120717

It was for Grant Hill. Now he's gone.

DODGERS&LAKERS
Trade Bledsoe, DeAndre for Afflalo and change
Trade Caron for a 2nd

Paul
Afflalo
Barnes?
Griffin
Dwight

Why would anyone give up a second round pick for a guy getting paid too much? When you dump a salary, you usually give up your own picks. You are begging another team to take him off your hands. Lakers had to give up a second round pick so that the Nets would take Sasha Vujucic and his 5 million off thier hands

DODGERS&LAKERS
Ryan Gomes

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/17/sports/la-sp-sn-clippers-gomes-20120717

It was for Grant Hill. Now he's gone.

Oh, that OTHER LA team. Lol

Dade County
06-14-2013, 03:19 PM
oh players were running to team up with eachother like the Heat back then too? I dont recall Jordan, Bird, Stockton, etc leaving in their prime to chase rings with other stars...

Not about leaving.... About being on stacked *** teams. Or the Lakers acquiring star player for nothing, it goes on and on.

I hope you didn't like or respect those teams too... Oh, let me guess, when the organization pulls of the trades it's ok, but when star players sign to teams as free agents, its wrong, right?

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Not about leaving.... About being on stacked *** teams. Or the Lakers acquiring star player for nothing, it goes on and on.

I hope you didn't like or respect those teams too... Oh, let me guess, when the organization doesn't it's ok, but when star players do it, its wrong, right?

Lol.. you're comparing drafting and trading to joining up in free agency with multiple superstars?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Lakers are going to pay CP3 20 million in an off shore account to sign for a one year mini mid level deal. Then a max next summer

Dade County
06-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Lol.. you're comparing drafting and trading to joining up in free agency with multiple superstars?

What I am comparing, is that he or you shouldn't hate on free agents signing were they want to.

How the hell do you loss respect for someone, just because they sign onto a new team, that gives them a better shot to win or make money? Either way, it's their career and life.

Edit**

you can't hate today's players, but have noting against past players, because they were drafted by their teams, or pulled off cheat trades...etc

naps
06-14-2013, 03:41 PM
If CP3 can't win with a borderline superstar/soon to be superstar and tons of depth, other pieces... then he's a career loser and will retire ringless. How am I bitter though? I'm being realistic and what I'm saying is fair. Lebron left a Cavs team that didn't really improve after 7 years much and had no future. No players like Griffin, DJ, Bledsoe etc to keep growing with.

The Clippers were 1 injury issue away from winning 60 games this year in a year where the west was more brutal than every before in NBA history. They have improved significantly both years and that was under an atrocious coach. Not to mention CP3 hand picked half our roster so if it's not good enough for him, that's his fu**ing problem. Too many people that have ZERO knowledge of the Clippers love to comment on this forum and it's sad.

If CP3 leaves I can already see everybody defending it... and saying "See they are the Clippers", while completely ignoring that the Clippers have done EVERYTHING the last 3 years to turn this organization around. The Clippers have been more aggressive than any team in recent years, have spent the big money and are about to hire a great coach.

Then you factor in we give him a great market, locker room of great guys and the most money? It would be idiotic to leave considering even him+Dwight on the Hawks isn't guaranteed to be a better team than him staying with this squad as I said before. Clippers are talking to multiple teams about trades right now and will be a 60 win team, WCF team next year if they get the right coach.

I think it's safe to say the Clippers as currently constructed are not winning anything. At this point of his career Paul has no time to wait for young players growth and he obviously doesn't care about 60 wins in the regular season if his team keeps going home in the 1st and 2nd round. As a free agent he can choose whatever he wants. If he wants to leave that extra money and market in-exchange for a better chance of winning a championship I know I'll applaud him.

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Clippers have the best shot at this.

Trade Deandre to any of the teams that are chasing Dwight, or trade him to the Lakers in a sign and trade for Dwight.

Trade Caron Butler's expiring for anything you want.

Re-sign Matt Barnes.

Re-sign Chauncey Billups for cheap.

Maybe get Ray Allen to come for cheap?

Get Doc Rivers to coach the team.

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Clippers have the best shot at this.

Trade Deandre to any of the teams that are chasing Dwight, or trade him to the Lakers in a sign and trade for Dwight.

Trade Caron Butler's expiring for anything you want.

Re-sign Matt Barnes.

Re-sign Chauncey Billups for cheap.

Maybe get Ray Allen to come for cheap?

Get Doc Rivers to coach the team.

Stick to baseball.

The Lakers would never trade Dwight for a player like Deandre Jordan.

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Stick to baseball.

The Lakers would never trade Dwight for a player like Deandre Jordan.

Yea and the cavs would never trade lebron to the heat for five draft picks... Oh wait that happend.

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Yea and the cavs would never trade lebron to the heat for five draft picks... Oh wait that happend.

You can't compare the Cavaliers to a franchise like the Lakers. :laugh2: :crazy:

Stick to baseball.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I think it's safe to say the Clippers as currently constructed are not winning anything. At this point of his career Paul has no time to wait for young players growth and he obviously doesn't care about 60 wins in the regular season if his team keeps going home in the 1st and 2nd round. As a free agent he can choose whatever he wants. If he wants to leave that extra money and market in-exchange for a better chance of winning a championship I know I'll applaud him.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 17m

"Clippers have been looking for 3rd piece to complete CP/BG duo for a while. so basically guys like Afflalo, Granger, etc"

"Clippers have taken "aggressive" approach. They arent satisfied with 1st/2nd round exits. Im told they r "shaking every tree" for upgrades"

Does this sound to you like a team that's satisfied or trying to keep the same squad?

SOS
06-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Lol at Griffin not being a reliable second option. How many not reliable 2nd options put up 21 ppg PER 36 on great efficiency?

On mostly dunks. How'd he play in the playoffs? No one besides cp3 showed up and that will continue

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
What if they went to Charlotte, wouldn't that be awesome.

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 04:02 PM

I hope you didn't like or respect those teams too... Oh, let me guess, when the organization pulls of the trades it's ok, but when star players sign to teams as free agents, its wrong, right?

yea thats a big difference. espcially since players back then werent ******* like the are today and want to demand where to be traded to. But im not gonna debate it with a Heat fan whose team began this awful trend.

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Doubt Clippers can get it done. And if they did it would cost them a lot of the youth talent they have.

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
You can't compare the Cavaliers to a franchise like the Lakers. :laugh2: :crazy:

Stick to baseball.

Lmao you just lost an argument so fast and can't admit defeat smh.

The Lakers have no leverage just like the Cavs didn't. The Clippers can trade Deandre to another team and just sign Dwight with one less year on his deal than the lakers sign and trade scenario. The lakers would be better off getting anything in return, like Deandre. They may even take Caron too just because he has an expiring contract, and he and Kobe are good friends. The Lakers are in the exact same boat as the Cavs were. This is the problem with going all in on a team like the Lakers did this season.

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
yea thats a big difference. espcially since players back then werent ******* like the are today and want to demand where to be traded to. But im not gonna debate it with a Heat fan whose team began this awful trend.

You must have forgotten about Boston and the Lakers. The HEAT did it through FA, they did it through robbing teams.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
On mostly dunks. How'd he play in the playoffs? No one besides cp3 showed up and that will continue

He was injured going into the playoffs AND got injured in game 3 or 4. Besides even the 17.5 ppg or w/e he puts up in his two playoff runs is still a respectable second option. He has yet to have a healthy playoff series. Sorry but I have to label you an idiot like half the forum when you make dumb statements like "No one showed up besides CP3 and that will continue" as if this roster is maxed out and doesn't have 3 young, growing players with good potential (in Griffin's case, amazing upside).

Griffin's obviously going to improve a lot, especially under a better coach. It would be like me saying for the Knicks nobody is going to show up but Melo in the future, without knowing the roster situation. Would you accept that?

Gators123
06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
I think CP3 will stay.

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Lmao you just lost an argument so fast and can't admit defeat smh.

The Lakers have no leverage just like the Cavs didn't. The Clippers can trade Deandre to another team and just sign Dwight with one less year on his deal than the lakers sign and trade scenario. The lakers would be better off getting anything in return, like Deandre. They may even take Caron too just because he has an expiring contract, and he and Kobe are good friends. The Lakers are in the exact same boat as the Cavs were. This is the problem with going all in on a team like the Lakers did this season.

The Lakers will never be in the same situation as the Cavaliers.

The Lakers will have no one but steve nash on the books for the 2014-15 season. They're going to use that cap space to sign free agents.

Why in the **** would they mess up their future plans to sign a scrub like Deandre Jordan because Dwight might leave.

Stick to baseball because you have no clue what you're talking about.

Dade County
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM

:bs:

Not the showtime Lakers, or the loaded Celtics ( ...- 80's & 2007-2008 , The bad boys, or the Bulls...?

That cra

naps
06-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 17m

"Clippers have been looking for 3rd piece to complete CP/BG duo for a while. so basically guys like Afflalo, Granger, etc"

"Clippers have taken "aggressive" approach. They arent satisfied with 1st/2nd round exits. Im told they r "shaking every tree" for upgrades"

Does this sound to you like a team that's satisfied or trying to keep the same squad?

Well, good for them if they can grab pieces to make it a real contender. I am sure Paul won't leave if he feels it's enough for him to win.
I personally think they have holes at SG, SF, and C. So it's not an easy job to do. And I am not too sure if Griffin has improved as much as he was expected to improve after his rookie season. Some of his advanced stats went up a bit but his overall per-36 game production dipped. So I wouldn't be too encouraged seeing how he's been growing as a player and specially his no-show in the playoffs.

2-ONE-5
06-14-2013, 04:16 PM
You must have forgotten about Boston and the Lakers. The HEAT did it through FA, they did it through robbing teams.

Celtics situation was different. All 3 were falling out of their primes on teams thats were far from contending. Boston also gave up the 5th pick the draft for Allen and traded Big Al plus the rest of the roster minus Pierce and Perkins to get KG. Im a Philly fan I hate Boston but its def different then what James and the Heat did.

SOS
06-14-2013, 04:18 PM
He was injured going into the playoffs AND got injured in game 3 or 4. Besides even the 17.5 ppg or w/e he puts up in his two playoff runs is still a respectable second option. He has yet to have a healthy playoff series. Sorry but I have to label you an idiot like half the forum when you make dumb statements like "No one showed up besides CP3 and that will continue" as if this roster is maxed out and doesn't have 3 young, growing players with good potential (in Griffin's case, amazing upside).

Griffin's obviously going to improve a lot, especially under a better coach. It would be like me saying for the Knicks nobody is going to show up but Melo in the future, without knowing the roster situation. Would you accept that?

I understand that. But you need to take off the homer goggles and look at it from cp3's point of view. He doesnt have time to wait around for the rest of the roster to develop. He is in win now mode and needs a reliable second option to do so. Blake is not that at this current moment and 2 first round exits show that.

SOS
06-14-2013, 04:18 PM

I agree with all of this

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Well, good for them if they can grab pieces to make it a real contender. I am sure Paul won't leave if he feels it's enough for him to win. I personally think they have holes at SG, SF, and C. So it's not an easy job to do.

Of course it's not "easy". Although between MLE, Bledsoe, Jordan and the lure of the team causing players to want to take some paycuts to play here.. it's very manageable. Trade Bledsoe+Butler for Afflalo or Granger. Give DJ one more year under a good coach and see if he develops, if not trade his expiring next summer. As for SG we will likely address that with MLE with a solid player like Martell Webster. All realistic things and beyond that playing under a much better coach should pay dividends.

My gripe is you guys are quick to rip the team when they have been working their ***** off the last 3 seasons to turn the culture around. CP3 personally hand picked 5-6 players both years AND we have constantly been aggressive in trades (although they didn't pan out). It's a process and I just can't understand why CP3 would leave when he's gotten what he's wanted and the team is still growing.

Lebron in Cleveland I understood. They had no real assets, the 2nd best player was freaking Mo Williams and 7 years they couldn't get over the hump. CP3 has it much better.

richiesaurus310
The Lakers will never be in the same situation as the Cavaliers.

The Lakers will have no one but steve nash on the books for the 2014-15 season. They're going to use that cap space to sign free agents.

Why in the **** would they mess up their future plans to sign a scrub like Deandre Jordan because Dwight might leave.

Stick to baseball because you have no clue what you're talking about.

They're aren't many 7 footers around, and his price tag isn't outrageous. Plus Deandre is in his mid 20s. Plus they'll need a center next season if Dwight does leave.

The Lakers have now learned that free agents may not want to come play/stay on the lakers. They may have to build through the draft, and Deandre would be a decent first piece. Plus they'll be able to trade his expiring if they wish in 2015.

The Lakers aren't as attractive without a hall of fame owner and hall of fame coach, and without Kobe.

Yes the Lakers are the Cavs of a couple years ago believe it or not.

nycericanguy
Asik and Lin count for a combined $30 in the final year of their deals against your cap. It's $5-5-15. They used the poison pill technique to keep the Bulls and Knicks from re-signing them. Asik is worth the $8 per, but he's not worth the $15 in the 3rd year because the ramifications his contract has on your cap and ability to acquire other players.

thats not the way it works, it would only have been a poison pill for NY & CHI... HOU had cap space so their contracts are $8.3m against the cap.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I understand that. But you need to take off the homer goggles and look at it from cp3's point of view. He doesnt have time to wait around for the rest of the roster to develop. He is in win now mode and needs a reliable second option to do so. Blake is not that at this current moment and 2 first round exits show that.

You think giving the Clippers 4-5 years total to go from non playoff team to TITLE contender is unfair? Grizzlies, Thunder, Pacers etc had their cores together at least 3 years before doing any damage and our turnaround was a lot more rapid. You're making it seem like the Clippers aren't improving rapidly. Last year was a lockout season so it was VERY hard to gel. All year long the Clippers had FOUR real practices. This was their first real season together and you think it's justified for CP3 to bail after 56 wins with tons of injury problems in the brutal west?

Before you bring up the playoffs.. those Grizzlies got to the WCF and were on a roll. Not like we lost to an 8 seed or something. The teams had the same record and we had a ******** known as Vinny.

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 04:24 PM
They're aren't many 7 footers around, and his price tag isn't outrageous. Plus Deandre is in his mid 20s. Plus they'll need a center next season if Dwight does leave.

The Lakers have now learned that free agents may not want to come play/stay on the lakers. They may have to build through the draft, and Deandre would be a decent first piece. Plus they'll be able to trade his expiring if they wish in 2015.

The Lakers aren't as attractive without a hall of fame owner and hall of fame coach, and without Kobe.

Yes the Lakers are the Cavs of a couple years ago believe it or not.

:laugh:

This statement alone tells me to walk away.

You're not serious.

c.c.
06-14-2013, 04:28 PM
broussard

We don't even gotta do a sign & trade with Harden to acquire them though!

Triple_Ocho
06-14-2013, 04:29 PM

Nobody leaving the Clippers loses respect, legacy, or dignity lol... It's usually looked at as a good business decision/career move haha

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
:laugh:

This statement alone tells me to walk away.

You're not serious.

I know it sounds crazy, but yea.

No Dr. Jerry Buss, no Phil Jackson, no Kobe Bryant.

What do you have?

And no Lebron isn't coming, Melo isn't coming, Dirk will be super old. So what the Lakers are gonna build around Demarcus Cousins? No. They'll build through the draft before handing the keys to a Bynum or Cousins type of guy.

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
We don't even gotta do a sign & trade with Harden to acquire them though!

Not only that, but people don't understand that sign and trades rarely favor the signing team. Usually they are looking to just get something out of the deal by taking contracts to free up cap space. You might see T-Rob and Parson's moved but not Harden

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Nobody leaving the Clippers loses respect, legacy, or dignity lol... It's usually looked at as a good business decision/career move haha

Okay. Welcome to 2013. Enjoy the next 10 years as a 7-8 seed.

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Okay. Welcome to 2013. Enjoy the next 10 years as a 7-8 seed.

Yeah everyone watch out for the Clippers. A team that has already hit it's ceiling. This team reminds me of late 2000's portland and mid-2000's Atlanta. Young talent but can never figure out how to make it work.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah everyone watch out for the Clippers. A team that has already hit it's ceiling. This team reminds me of late 2000's portland and mid-2000's Atlanta. Young talent but can never figure out how to make it work.

This is based on one lockout season with no time to gel and one full season. How many years did you give those Hawks and Blazers teams before putting them into that box?

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:44 PM
This is based on one lockout season with no time to gel and one full season. How many years did you give those Hawks and Blazers teams before putting them into that box?

It is just an observation. And almost immediately on Portland.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It is just an observation. And almost immediately on Portland.

An sports prediction for the future success of a team based on one real season= a very poor observation. The trajectory of this team as a whole has been VERY good in 2 years and unlike teams like the Knicks and Lakers who are VERY old.. the Clippers core pieces are all young and improving. Not to mention we have more trade assets than both teams. What exactly reminds you of Portland or Atlanta? In the teams first year together they got to the 2nd round with BRUTAL injury problems, 10 new players and no training camp. This year they face the same 56 win record Grizzlies in the 1st round, again have too many injury issues and lose in 6.

Would I say their playoff runs were disappointing? Sure a little bit. Considering the lack of time to gel though and 8 new players on average the last two years, it's not surprisingly, nor worthy of the label you're giving.

hawks4
06-14-2013, 04:52 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/14/report-chris-paul-dwight-howard-text-about-teaming-up-this-will-not-happen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If Hawks can't afford it, nobody can. Another trustworthy rumor to stir the pot, brought to you by Broussard.

Wow this Kurt Helin guy has NO CLUE what he is talking about. He did ZERO research. The fact that he is trying to be the voice of reason and listed Hilton Armstrong, Erick Dampier, Etan Thomas, and Randolph Morris as some of the Hawks free agents is completely laughable. None of those guys were on the Hawks last season. Go home.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Wow this Kurt Helin guy has NO CLUE what he is talking about. He did ZERO research. The fact that he is trying to be the voice of reason and listed Hilton Armstrong, Erick Dampier, Etan Thomas, and Randolph Morris as some of the Hawks free agents is completely laughable. None of those guys were on the Hawks last season. Go home.

Did they ever play for your team in recent years? Maybe it's related to a cap hold?

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
An sports prediction for the future success of a team based on one real season= a very poor observation. The trajectory of this team as a whole has been VERY good in 2 years and unlike teams like the Knicks and Lakers who are VERY old.. the Clippers core pieces are all young and improving. Not to mention we have more trade assets than both teams. What exactly reminds you of Portland or Atlanta? In the teams first year together they got to the 2nd round with BRUTAL injury problems, 10 new players and no training camp. This year they face the same 56 win record Grizzlies in the 1st round, again have too many injury issues and lose in 6.

Would I say their playoff runs were disappointing? Sure a little bit. Considering the lack of time to gel though and 8 new players on average the last two years, it's not surprisingly, nor worthy of the label you're giving.

That is the thing. That is a recent trend in teams. Atlanta, Philly, and Portland. Young talent doesn't mean crap in the NBA. You need a vet presence that has been there before too. I am almost willing to put OKC in that category too, young team that had the talent, but it just wasn't grouped with vet role players that have been on the big stage.

hawks4
06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Did they ever play for your team in recent years? Maybe it's related to a cap hold?

They did the season before. No cap hold that I'm aware of. It just sounds like this guy was trying to be the first guy to call BS.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
That is the thing. That is a recent trend in teams. Atlanta, Philly, and Portland. Young talent doesn't mean crap in the NBA. You need a vet presence that has been there before too. I am almost willing to put OKC in that category too, young team that had the talent, but it just wasn't grouped with vet role players that have been on the big stage.

I'm not saying you have no right to feel the Clippers aren't good enough right now etc, because they obviously aren't. My point is you and others saying the Clippers CAN'T get better and are maxed out because that's a straight up bogus claim. DJ is 24, Blake just turned 24 in May, CP3 is 27, Bledsoe is 23 (soon to be traded in a package for a 3rd guy like Granger or Afflalo). The CORE of this team is pretty young and has great upside collectively. We had plenty of vets, problem is none of them showed up to play (Odom, Billups, Hill).

Griffin+DJ taking the next step is literally ALL it would take for this team to go from 1st/2nd round exit to NBA finals a couple times and I'm not giving up on them this early. Sure I'm down on DJ right now and open to the team trading him but not Griffin. I think an aggressive coach like Hollins will do wonders for Blake.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
They did the season before. No cap hold that I'm aware of. It just sounds like this guy was trying to be the first guy to call BS.

Well... He did mention cap holds in the article multiple times so MAYBE it's there.

I'm not familiar enough with your recent role players.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/atlanta-hawks-team-salary

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Clippers fan just thinks the clippers have all year high Celling guys. Sorry man Chris has the right to leave and if he does lac is screwed. Only two young talented player Bledsoe and griffin

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm not saying you have no right to feel the Clippers aren't good enough right now etc, because they obviously aren't. My point is you and others saying the Clippers CAN'T get better and are maxed out because that's a straight up bogus claim. DJ is 24, Blake just turned 24 in May, CP3 is 27, Bledsoe is 23 (soon to be traded in a package for a 3rd guy like Granger or Afflalo). The CORE of this team is pretty young and has great upside collectively. We had plenty of vets, problem is none of them showed up to play (Odom, Billups, Hill).

Griffin+DJ taking the next step is literally ALL it would take for this team to go from 1st/2nd round exit to NBA finals a couple times and I'm not giving up on them this early. Sure I'm down on DJ right now and open to the team trading him but not Griffin. I think an aggressive coach like Hollins will do wonders for Blake.

I have heard and watched this play out before. Maybe it won't happen again, but I doubt that. Youth means nothing in the NBA. Youth is good to trade for proven players. I don't think Griffin is anything special and Jordan is good but again would be a more valuable asset to trade for a proven player like Howard.

c.c.
06-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Not only that, but people don't understand that sign and trades rarely favor the signing team. Usually they are looking to just get something out of the deal by taking contracts to free up cap space. You might see T-Rob and Parson's moved but not Harden

They can have Lin and T-Rob but not Parsons. He's productive and still on his rookie contract

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 05:07 PM
I have heard and watched this play out before. Maybe it won't happen again, but I doubt that. Youth means nothing in the NBA. Youth is good to trade for proven players. I don't think Griffin is anything special and Jordan is good but again would be a more valuable asset to trade for a proven player like Howard.

Griffin's been a top 15 player, 3 time all star and two time All NBA 2nd team player in his first THREE years. How is this not impressive? The numbers are there.. the impact is there. Were you expecting him to win an MVP by now to be considered "special"? I mean people are really taking it to the extreme with Griffin. First he wasn't a good first option supposedly... now he's a subpar SECOND option and not a star? Get real.

Vinny642
06-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Hawks *cough cough*

shep33
06-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Hawks *cough cough*

Honestly makes the most sense. I don't see why they just don't do that. CP3, Howard, Horford. Not bad. But they need a lot more to get a championship.

Vinny642
06-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Honestly makes the most sense. I don't see why they just don't do that. CP3, Howard, Horford. Not bad. But they need a lot more to get a championship.

They dont need A LOT more... Top 5 PG, and C and Top 10 PF... not bad, get a FA in there and a good rookie

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2013, 05:20 PM
They dont need A LOT more... Top 5 PG, and C and Top 10 PF... not bad, get a FA in there and a good rookie

Top pg top center when healthy plus top 5-8 PF IMO. Can they bring back Korver?

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Griffin's been a top 15 player, 3 time all star and two time All NBA 2nd team player in his first THREE years. How is this not impressive? The numbers are there.. the impact is there. Were you expecting him to win an MVP by now to be considered "special"? I mean people are really taking it to the extreme with Griffin. First he wasn't a good first option supposedly... now he's a subpar SECOND option and not a star? Get real.

Accolades are nice. Doesn't mean he is a player that you can win a championship with. Joe Johnson won some awards, went to some all-star games. Doesn't mean anything. Same with Amare, Melo, ETC.

Vinny642
06-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Top pg top center when healthy plus top 5-8 PF IMO. Can they bring back Korver?

Load up on shooters and they will be fine

BenFrank
06-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Now maybe people will began to realize, the whole reason that info was leaked about the Rockets going after Dwight and Paul. I'm sure Harden been talking to Dwight (confirmed) and Chris Paul (USA Teammate) Harden has said he's put a call in to a few people not just Dwight.

I think Dwight tells the Lakers, he's going to Houston.. Houston tells Lakers lets do a Sign and Trade, They take Asik, Lin, and Robinson, and draft pick for Howard.

Houston then sign Paul in FA

Paul
Harden
Parsons
Jones
Howard

rockets-fan
06-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I think Paul isn't leaving LA. As much as I'd love for them to team up in Houston or wherever people think they might, I think Paul will be won over by the glamour of LA. He will regret it tho because I can't see the Clippers winning anything. Not with Griffin at least, I've always thought he was an overrated player. Not a shot at clips fan btw just stating my opinion.

ragee
06-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Please go to Dallas!

shep33
06-14-2013, 05:37 PM

To me they need a bench and a solid backup pg. As good as Cp3 is, his knees have been saved by limited minutes the past 2 years. 36 and 33 mpg the last two seasons.

If they get CP3, Teague will be gone, they do have Lou Williams, but he's also coming off of a severe injury.

I'm actually interested to see how CP3 and Dwight work together. Cp3 is deadly in p&r, but Dwight sucks at it. Dwight needs to accept that he'd be the 3rd best offensive player on that squad and just roll with it. Then they'd be okay. But throwing the ball into Howard on the block will get them nowhere.

Max.This
06-14-2013, 05:42 PM
I think Paul isn't leaving LA. As much as I'd love for them to team up in Houston or wherever people think they might, I think Paul will be won over by the glamour of LA. He will regret it tho because I can't see the Clippers winning anything. Not with Griffin at least, I've always thought he was an overrated player. Not a shot at clips fan btw just stating my opinion.

If doc rivers is the coach next season for the clippers, bet your *** they're going to the finals

Bruno
06-14-2013, 05:44 PM
LAL should sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers along wit Steve Blake and Ron Artest for Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe. LAC gets to pair up Paul and Howard and allow the perfect of paring of players to happen under their roof. Other stars will be inclined to join up with them in LA. Bledsoe becomes the Lakers starting PG, splitting point-guard duties with Nash. He's fast, athletic, a good defender, and the exact PG LAL needs to stay young, fast, athletic, who can spell Nash and save him for the post season (28/20 minute split during the regular season).

LAL should then amnesty Pau Gasols expiring contract (or trade him to a team who will take him for picks/cash exceptions if possible). Once his 20 million dollar salary is off the books, you offer Andrew Bynum a one year ten million dollar contract. It's an opportunity for Bynum to earn another max contract, and it's an opportunity for LAL to sign a high risk max level player but at 2/3rds the price for only one years worth of risk (this is of course if no other front office is stupid enough to give him the half decade max).

At this point in my hypothetical off-season, LAL has a signed roster of:

Kobe Bryant- 30.4 million dollars.
Blake Griffin- 16.4 million dollars.
Andrew Bynum- 10.0 million dollars.
Steve Nash- 9.3 million dollars
Eric Bledsoe- 2.6 million dollars.
Jamal Crawford- 5.2 million dollars.
Jordan Hill- 3.5 million dollars.
Jodie Meeks- 1.5 million dollars.
Chris Duhon- 3.9 million dollars.
Robert Sacre- 1.0 million dollars.

That's ten players, at 83.8 million dollars (A drop off of 16.3 million dollars in salary from last seasons 100.1 million dollar payroll). Here's the lineup:

PGs: Eric Bledsoe/Steve Nash/Chris Duhon
SGs: Kobe Bryant/Jamal Crawford/Jodie Meeks
SFs:
PFs: Blake Griffin/Jordan Hill
Cs: Andrew Bynum/Robert Sacre

Nice 10 man rotation for Los Angeles, but a huge hole at the SF position. Although Kobe could suit up at SF with Crawford at the SG, it's not something you want to build around. Gotta go get that SF. Here's where I get crazy and say that the Lakers offer Andre Igudola 50 million dollars over four years, with a player option every season, ten million dollars in the first season (40 million over the following three).

Now LAL has this eleven man roster:

SFs: Andre Igudola

Those eleven players round out at 93.4 million dollars. I would then bring back and sign Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, and Derek Fisher for one year vets minimum contracts at 1.3 million dollars a piece. Allow them to come back to the Lakers in the city they all call home. They know the organization and are the perfect players for the price and duration (you don't really need fisher but he'd be the 3rd PG at best). He could serve as player-coach and suit up if Nash goes down again as Bledsoes back-up.

Now LAL has this fourteen man roster:

PGs: Eric Bledsoe/Steve Nash/Derek Fisher/Chris Duhon
SFs: Andre Igudola/Matt Barnes
PFs: Blake Griffin/Lamar Odom
Cs: Andrew Bynum/Jordan Hill/Robert Sacre

Those fourteen players round out at 97.3 million dollars in salary. LAL then uses their 49th pick in the draft to round out the #15 spot @ a half million dollars. leaving the Lakers at a total 15 man salary of 97.8, still 3.3 million dollars less than their 2012-2013 payroll.

I understand that increased compounded luxury tax still makes this a more expensive roster for ownership, but they should take the hit and build this contender which is specifically built to beat Miami. If Indiana was able to almost topple Miami because of the George-West-Hibbert defensive front-court, then LAL putting together Iggy-Griffin-Bynum would be just as dominant, especially if Griffin takes defense to task and absorbs some of Kobes intensity. The difference between this years Pacers and this hypothetical Laker team is that you'd have Bryant and Bledsoe instead of Stevenson and Hill, and you'd get a great bench lead by Nash, Crawford, Barnes and Hill.

If you're the Lakers, you spend the money to make this happen because it only a one year financial commitment (in terms of being in the depths of luxury tax). Bryant and Bynum coming off the books after 2014 saves you 40 million dollars for the next season, bringing payroll down to about 60 million dollars (and you'd still have a core of Griffin, Iggy, Nash, and Crawford, with the opportunity of Kobe coming back on the cheap along with another Max contract from the 2014 free agent selection. Nash would come off in 2015 and at that point the only long term commitment you'd have is Iggy at about 12.5 million a season as he progresses into his 30's.

Oh yeah, and bring back Phil.

:shrug: :hide:

The Clippers then build around Paul/Howard- a third max level player would for sure come join them to complete a big three across the hall. Maybe LBJ leaves and joins them next summer :shrug:

rockets-fan
06-14-2013, 05:58 PM
LAL should sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers along wit Steve Blake and Ron Artest for Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe. LAC gets to pair up Paul and Howard and allow the perfect of paring of players to happen under their roof. Other stars will be inclined to join up with them in LA. Bledsoe becomes the Lakers starting PG, splitting point-guard duties with Nash. He's fast, athletic, a good defender, and the exact PG LAL needs to stay young, fast, athletic, who can spell Nash and save him for the post season (28/20 minute split during the regular season).

LAL should then amnesty Pau Gasols expiring contract (or trade him to a team who will take him for picks/cash exceptions if possible). Once his 20 million dollar salary is off the books, you offer Andrew Bynum a one year ten million dollar contract. It's an opportunity for Bynum to earn another max contract, and it's an opportunity for LAL to sign a high risk max level player but at 2/3rds the price for only one years worth of risk (this is of course if no other front office is stupid enough to give him the half decade max).

At this point in my hypothetical off-season, LAL has a signed roster of:

Kobe Bryant- 30.4 million dollars.
Blake Griffin- 16.4 million dollars.
Andrew Bynum- 10.0 million dollars.
Steve Nash- 9.3 million dollars
Eric Bledsoe- 2.6 million dollars.
Jamal Crawford- 5.2 million dollars.
Jordan Hill- 3.5 million dollars.
Jodie Meeks- 1.5 million dollars.
Chris Duhon- 3.9 million dollars.
Robert Sacre- 1.0 million dollars.

That's ten players, at 83.8 million dollars (A drop off of 16.3 million dollars in salary from last seasons 100.1 million dollar payroll). Here's the lineup:

SFs:

Nice 10 man rotation for Los Angeles, but a huge hole at the SF position. Although Kobe could suit up at SF with Crawford at the SG, it's not something you want to build around. Gotta go get that SF. Here's where I get crazy and say that the Lakers offer Andre Igudola 50 million dollars over four years, with a player option every season, ten million dollars in the first season (40 million over the following three).

SFs: Andre Igudola

Those eleven players round out at 93.4 million dollars. I would then bring back and sign Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, and Derek Fisher for one year vets minimum contracts at 1.3 million dollars a piece. Allow them to come back to the Lakers in the city they all call home. They know the organization and are the perfect players for the price and duration (you don't really need fisher but he'd be the 3rd PG at best). He could serve as player-coach and suit up if Nash goes down again as Bledsoes back-up.

Now LAL has this fourteen man roster:

PGs: Eric Bledsoe/Steve Nash/Derek Fisher/Chris Duhon
SFs: Andre Igudola/Matt Barnes
PFs: Blake Griffin/Lamar Odom
Cs: Andrew Bynum/Jordan Hill/Robert Sacre

Those fourteen players round out at 97.3 million dollars in salary. LAL then uses their 49th pick in the draft to round out the #15 spot @ a half million dollars. leaving the Lakers at a total 15 man salary of 97.8, still 3.3 million dollars less than their 2012-2013 payroll.

I understand that increased compounded luxury tax still makes this a more expensive roster for ownership, but they should take the hit and build this contender which is specifically built to beat Miami. If Indiana was able to almost topple Miami because of the George-West-Hibbert defensive front-court, then LAL putting together Iggy-Griffin-Bynum would be just as dominant, especially if Griffin takes defense to task and absorbs some of Kobes intensity. The difference between this years Pacers and this hypothetical Laker team is that you'd have Bryant and Bledsoe instead of Stevenson and Hill, and you'd get a great bench lead by Nash, Crawford, Barnes and Hill.

If you're the Lakers, you spend the money to make this happen because it only a one year financial commitment (in terms of being in the depths of luxury tax). Bryant and Bynum coming off the books after 2014 saves you 40 million dollars for the next season, bringing payroll down to about 60 million dollars (and you'd still have a core of Griffin, Iggy, Nash, and Crawford, with the opportunity of Kobe coming back on the cheap along with another Max contract from the 2014 free agent selection. Nash would come off in 2015 and at that point the only long term commitment you'd have is Iggy at about 12.5 million a season as he progresses into his 30's.

Oh yeah, and bring back Phil.

:shrug: :hide:

The Clippers then build around Paul/Howard- a third max level player would for sure come join them to complete a big three across the hall. Maybe LBJ leaves and joins them next summer :shrug:

All this for nothing, the Lakers can't sign and trade, don't ask me why ask the other 10 people who keep saying it.

Bruno
06-14-2013, 06:31 PM
All this for nothing, the Lakers can't sign and trade, don't ask me why ask the other 10 people who keep saying it.

i'm sure there are 100 reasons why that ^ has no chance of ever happening.

gatkins11
06-14-2013, 06:51 PM
What if they went to Charlotte, wouldn't that be awesome.

Charlotte Hornets 2.0 FTW!

futureman
06-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Asik
Griffin
Barnes/butler
JC
Bledsoe/Lin

They will have to give up Parsons and Beverly also.

nycericanguy
06-14-2013, 06:59 PM
They will have to give up Parsons and Beverly also.

lol, that would be a better package than DEN got for Melo or that ORL got for Howard... and those teams actually had Melo & Howard under contract!

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/clippers-award-series-blake-griffin

Since you guys don't listen to me on Blake's value maybe you'll understand this article better. I can't wait to bump all these threads this year when Blake blows up under a good coach like Hollins who uses him more.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 07:05 PM

The Lakers can do a sign and trade. They can sign their own player and trade him for a player with a similar contract.

What the Lakers cant do due to being over the $4 million dollar apron is recieve a player who just performed a sign and trade from his old team.

For instance. This can happen

Dwight signs 4 year max deal and gets traded to the Clippers.

This cant happen.

CP3 signs 4 year max deal and gets traded to the Lakers

Clippersfan86
06-14-2013, 07:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9386604

Broussard himself calls it a longshot that CP3 leaves the Clippers and talks about how much CP3 loves his situation (unlike Dwight). What CP3 supposedly REALLY would want is Dwight on the Clippers which obviously can't work.

thephoenixson28
06-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Phoenix could trade Gortat and dragic for another all star and sign both CP3 and Howard. Doubt it happens though

thephoenixson28
06-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Dragic,Gortat, and the 5th pick for Dwayne wade. Sign Dwight and Cp3

Pg.Cp3
SG.Wade
SF.Dudley
PF.Scola
C.Howard

Championship

OceanSpray
06-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Dragic,Gortat, and the 5th pick for Dwayne wade. Sign Dwight and Cp3

Pg.Cp3
SG.Wade
SF.Dudley
PF.Scola
C.Howard

Championship

Why the hell would Miami accept that trade?

thephoenixson28
06-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Cuz they need a PG and a Center.

OceanSpray
06-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Cuz they need a PG and a Center.

Doesn't mean they are desperate. That's like me saying Miami should sign CP3/Dwight Howard and have a lineup of

James
Howard
Paul
Wade
Bosh

just because they need a PG and center. Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 08:26 PM
The clippers aren't gonna trade Blake Griffin for Howard. LA makes the most sense for CP3 and Howard to play together however since they're both here already. Would the Lakers be willing to sign and trade Howard to the Clippers is the question. They may lose Howard for nothing, they might as well get something in return. Also who are the Lakers targeting in 2014? DeMarcus Cousins? This is my scenario for a Lakers Clippers trade. A 3rd team may be involved, but even straight up it could happen if the Lakers realize nobody worthwhile is coming to save them in 2014 without Dr. Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson, and Kobe Bryant.

NBA salary cap: $58,300,000

Clippers 2013 salaries if CP3 re-signs: $63,586,454
CP3 18,000,000
Blake Griffin 17,348,924
DeAndre Jordan 10,986,550
Caron Butler 8,000,000
Jamal Crawford 5,225,000
Eric Bledsoe 2,626,473
Willie Green 1,399,507

Lakers 2013 salaries: $83,236,158
Kobe 30,453,905
Paul 19,285,850
Nash 9,300,500
World Peace 7,727,280
Blake 4,000,000
Hill 3,563,600
Duhon 3,750,000
Meeks 1,560,000
Ebanks 1,317,986
Morris 1,202,744
Guedlock 1,084,293

And remember there is no Dr Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson or Kobe Bryant in 2014. If Dwight doesn't even wanna re-sign with the Lakers now, why would anyone want to come in 2014? The Lakers aren't as attractive as they once were now under Jim Buss.

Clippers trade DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler(expiring contract), Willie Green, draft picks for Dwight Howard. That'd be $15,112,133 in salary under the salary cap opened up for Dwight. This would be more if CP3 take less than the $18,000,000 I have him at. They both could make $16,556,066, or five years $82,780,332, or 6 years $99,336,396.

This would be a better deal than what the Cavs got for LeBron. The Cavs got 5 draft picks and a trade exception. The Lakers would lose $11,000,000 in cap space in 2014, but would gain a center in his mid 20s, a cheap shooter, and draft picks to start the re-build through the draft. Nobody worthwhile is gonna come save the Lakers in 2014. They still will have $50,000,000 to play with in 2014 with this trade. The Lakers will have to build through the draft, pretty much like the Cavs have been doing since LeBron left.

So the Clippers roster with no room under the salary cap left would be:
Chris Paul
SG
SF
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

Jamal Crawford
Eric Bledsoe

thephoenixson28
06-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Doesn't mean they are desperate. That's like me saying Miami should sign CP3/Dwight Howard and have a lineup of

James
Howard
Paul
Wade
Bosh

just because they need a PG and center. Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.
But wade ain't the same player he used to be. Getting a center and a Pg makes the heat more of a complete team. Don't let wades name overvalue the trade. I actually think its a great trade.

OceanSpray
06-14-2013, 08:29 PM
But wade ain't the same player he used to be. Getting a center and a Pg makes the heat more of a complete team. Don't let wades name overvalue the trade. I actually think its a great trade.

It's a terrible trade for Heat, great for Phoenix. There's a reason you want him on your team, even if he's not as great as he used to be. The hard part for Miami will be to trade Bosh or Wade. James/Wade have amazing chemistry on and off the court. If Miami can find an inside presence, they will have no problem.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2013, 08:40 PM
The clippers aren't gonna trade Blake Griffin for Howard. LA makes the most sense for CP3 and Howard to play together however since they're both here already. Would the Lakers be willing to sign and trade Howard to the Clippers is the question. They may lose Howard for nothing, they might as well get something in return. Also who are the Lakers targeting in 2014? DeMarcus Cousins? This is my scenario for a Lakers Clippers trade. A 3rd team may be involved, but even straight up it could happen if the Lakers realize nobody worthwhile is coming to save them in 2014 without Dr. Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson, and Kobe Bryant.

CP3 18,000,000
Blake Griffin 17,348,924
Caron Butler 8,000,000
Jamal Crawford 5,225,000
Eric Bledsoe 2,626,473
Willie Green 1,399,507

Kobe 30,453,905
Paul 19,285,850
Nash 9,300,500
World Peace 7,727,280
Blake 4,000,000
Hill 3,563,600
Duhon 3,750,000
Meeks 1,560,000
Ebanks 1,317,986
Morris 1,202,744
Guedlock 1,084,293

And remember there is no Dr Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson or Kobe Bryant in 2014. If Dwight doesn't even wanna re-sign with the Lakers now, why would anyone want to come in 2014? The Lakers aren't as attractive as they once were now under Jim Buss.

Clippers trade DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler(expiring contract), Willie Green, draft picks for Dwight Howard. That'd be $15,112,133 in salary under the salary cap opened up for Dwight. This would be more if CP3 take less than the $18,000,000 I have him at. They both could make $16,556,066, or five years $82,780,332.

This would be a better deal than what the Cavs got for LeBron. The Cavs got 5 draft picks and a trade exception. The Lakers would lose $11,000,000 in cap space in 2014, but would gain a center in his mid 20s, a cheap shooter, and draft picks to start the re-build through the draft. Nobody worthwhile is gonna come save the Lakers in 2014. They still will have $50,000,000 to play with in 2014 with this trade. The Lakers will have to build through the draft, pretty much like the Cavs have been doing since LeBron left.

Why take back crap to ruin 2014, 2015, and 2016. Even if they dont get anyone to "save" them in 2014 they can wait till 2 summers to sign Love and other free agents. Why take back a player like DeAndre who got way overpaid and the Clipppers know it so they are trying to dump him on everyone. Its better to let Dwight walk

richiesaurus310
06-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Why take back crap to ruin 2014, 2015, and 2016. Even if they dont get anyone to "save" them in 2014 they can wait till 2 summers to sign Love and other free agents. Why take back a player like DeAndre who got way overpaid and the Clipppers know it so they are trying to dump him on everyone. Its better to let Dwight walk
DeAndre would be a free agent by the time Kevin Love is a free agent.

bholly
06-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I think LAC are by far the most likely destination for them to team up. Either trade Griffin to the Lakers in a Dwight S+T, or if the Lakers won't, just trade him somewhere else for youth an then sign Dwight. Done.

Houston are next favourites, but in their case it'd make the most sense to sign CP3 outright and then S+T Dwight. Nothing else really works.

Atlanta a distant 3rd, but possible if the others can't get their **** together.

Still not nearly a lock that they team up though.

HouRealCoach
06-14-2013, 08:54 PM
If they wanted to win, they would both go to Atlanta... It's a good city to live in & a bunch of things to do

Plus they have Lou Williams & Al Horford already, not to mention Ivan Johnson, John Jenkins, & 2 first rounders to mix in with some veterans that will follow CP3 & Dwight.. Scary

Tony_Starks
06-14-2013, 09:04 PM
If they wanted to win, they would both go to Atlanta... It's a good city to live in & a bunch of things to do

Plus they have Lou Williams & Al Horford already, not to mention Ivan Johnson, John Jenkins, & 2 first rounders to mix in with some veterans that will follow CP3 & Dwight.. Scary

Howard reportedly wants nothing to do with ATL. Hometown with too many fam and moochers.

Broussard brought up this CP3 and Howard to ATL scenario before on first take and SAS laughed in his face ( if that means anything to you).

I basically take this as Broussard just pushing his fantasy FA secret inside sources again. Just like his same sources had Wade as a lock to go to Chicago.

Chuck Taylor
06-14-2013, 09:24 PM
It'll be Dallas

Bruins2012
06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
They should sign with Toronto.

3RDASYSTEM
06-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Never trade a young legit allstar/allnba player that has no major shoulder/knee/back/foot surger for a so called best PG who has never won a league mvp or took his squad to a FINALS appearance, and is having minor setbacks with his knee and is vastly overweight for my taste as franchise do it all PG and should lose some pounds to take pressure off that surgically repaired knee

other than that if MOREY can pull off a trifecta then im sure HTOWN fanbase will quickly turn into a more loyal MIA type when they formed they BIG 3, SILVER will be STERN 2.0, book it

HouRealCoach
06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Howard reportedly wants nothing to do with ATL. Hometown with too many fam and moochers.

Broussard brought up this CP3 and Howard to ATL scenario before on first take and SAS laughed in his face ( if that means anything to you).

I basically take this as Broussard just pushing his fantasy FA secret inside sources again. Just like his same sources had Wade as a lock to go to Chicago.

Yes this is about the time that he talks a bunch of ****

I was just stating I think that would be best for them though.. Dwight, CP3, Horford, Teague, Lou, Jenkins, Ivan, 2 first rounders, vets

Nice start

ChitownBears22
06-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Dwight will end up in Texas. Either Dal or Hou. CP3 will be in LA.

THE MTL
06-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Only team that can do that outright is Atlanta

Tony_Starks
06-14-2013, 10:14 PM
CP3 I think is all but a lock for the Clippers. It's almost too good a offer to refuse with talent, flexibility, new coach, location, and most money.

Dwight on the other hand, I wouldn't even attempt to try to figure him out.

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Is this not tampering?

bholly
06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Is this not tampering?which team do you think is tampering in this situation?

houstonfan
06-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Just curious to see what people think

lol, please
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Warriors.

houstonfan
06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
if i knew how to add a team i would but that doesnt seem likely at all lol

Jtirado16
06-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Lakers....

Dade County
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Of course Houston would be the popular choice, but I picked the Clippers... Because Cp3 is already kinda their.

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
which team do you think is tampering in this situation?

I don't know haha, I'm just asking considering they investigated LeBron, and fined Mark Cuban for much less.

Legitimate
06-14-2013, 11:37 PM
They can team up in Tdot, we just sign them both go over into luxury 40 mil, get our first championship.

TaylorMays
06-14-2013, 11:45 PM
I voted Houston because I'm a homer

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Denver!

bholly
06-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Clippers most likely, because I assume CP3 would rather stay there than leave, and that LAC would ultimately rather give up Griffin in a Dwight S+T than lost CP3 for nothing.

Houston next most likely, followed by a decent sized gap then DAL and ATL.

Lakers by far the least likely - no idea how anyone thinks they're going to get CP3 there. LAC wouldn't want anything they could offer, so they'd have to somehow get the cap room to sign him, and them seems pretty implausible. Are people talking about that as a serious option?

Greg.
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Clippers have the advantage since Chris Paul is already there and I believe Dwight is leaving but, I voted the Rockets because even after gutting the roster, I think that with Harden, Parsons, Beverly, Motiejunas, Jones and Garcia/Delfino, you have a much better supporting cast than the other teams. And I feel like Morey does a better job of finding those minimum salary guys that turn into role players so, I think their best chance at a championship is there.

ThunderousDemon
06-14-2013, 11:51 PM
The Timberwolves

raiderposting
06-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Hawks. Paul/horford/Howard would win a couple rings.

houstonfan
06-14-2013, 11:53 PM
The Timberwolves

DoMeFavors got banned???

jimm120
06-14-2013, 11:58 PM
DoMeFavors got banned???

Probably not. I think its just that Dwight sucks now after he picked up that last option year for Orlando and the Nets got Joe Johnson. Just like Carmelo sucked after he was traded to the Knicks. Or how Deron became the best PG in the league, Lopez became the best big man in the game after the extension, and Joe Johnson became the best 4th quarter player.

3RDASYSTEM
06-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Of course Houston would be the popular choice, but I picked the Clippers... Because Cp3 is already kinda their.

Plus HOWARD is also kind of there also, *********** or lob city clippville?

bholly
06-15-2013, 12:02 AM
...Once his 20 million dollar salary is off the books, you offer Andrew Bynum a one year ten million dollar contract...

... Here's where I get crazy and say that the Lakers offer Andre Igudola 50 million dollars over four years, with a player option every season, ten million dollars in the first season (40 million over the following three)....

...Those fourteen players round out at 97.3 million dollars in salary...

Many many problems with this post, but these are the biggest.

1. Where are they getting the cap room to sign Bynum and Iggy? Cutting $20m from Pau doesn't mean you have $20m in cap room. They'd still be well over the cap and could only use the usual exceptions - MLE and BAE - and neither of those are close to the amounts you're talking about.

2. Annual raises are limited to 4.5% of the first year amount. So if Iggy's getting $10m in the first year, the most he can get over 4 years is $10m, $10,450,000, $10,900,000, $11,350,000 for a total of $42,700,000.

3. $10m for Bynum isn't a 'max contract' and it doesn't give him an opportunity for one in the future - they wouldn't get his Bird rights after just one year, so they wouldn't be able to go over the cap to re-sign him.

Utd7
06-15-2013, 12:04 AM
If Morey finds a way to pull this off, thats one hell of a big 3. A trio of Paul, Howard and Harden changes the NBA landscape.

KingstonHawke
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM
thats not the way it works, it would only have been a poison pill for NY & CHI... HOU had cap space so their contracts are $8.3m against the cap.

Are you sure? Because the way I thought it worked was the $8.3 is the value for trade purposes, but the actual contract number is the cap hit.

bholly
06-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Are you sure? Because the way I thought it worked was the $8.3 is the value for trade purposes, but the actual contract number is the cap hit.

It's $8.3m for all cap purposes - how much it counts towards whoever has them, and how much it counts for in trades.

It has been reported that it's $5m, $5m, $14m (or whatever it was) for the actual player salary payments, but that's irrelevant to everything (unless you're one of the guys paying and receiving the money).

Vinny642
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Hawks

Bravo95
06-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Hmm.

tr3ymill3r
06-15-2013, 12:48 AM
David Stern can't fine us for posting on forums on the internet. What we're doing isn't considered tampering, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stern hasn't thought about it. If you post negatively, you receive a life time ban from NBA arenas.

richiesaurus310
06-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Clippers

CP3 18,000,000
Blake Griffin 17,348,924
Caron Butler 8,000,000
Jamal Crawford 5,225,000
Eric Bledsoe 2,626,473
Willie Green 1,399,507

Kobe 30,453,905
Paul 19,285,850
Nash 9,300,500
World Peace 7,727,280
Blake 4,000,000
Hill 3,563,600
Duhon 3,750,000
Meeks 1,560,000
Ebanks 1,317,986
Morris 1,202,744
Guedlock 1,084,293

Clippers trade DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler(expiring contract), Willie Green, draft picks for Dwight Howard. That'd be $15,112,133 in salary under the salary cap opened up for Dwight. This would be more if CP3 take less than the $18,000,000 I have him at. They both could make $16,556,066, or five years $82,780,332, or 6 years $99,336,396.

So the Clippers roster with no room under the salary cap left would be:
Chris Paul
SG
SF
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard

Jamal Crawford
Eric Bledsoe

JRisdabest
06-15-2013, 01:01 AM
easy..clippers

Bravo95
06-15-2013, 01:08 AM
:whistle:

Bruno
06-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Many many problems with this post, but these are the biggest.

1. Where are they getting the cap room to sign Bynum and Iggy? Cutting $20m from Pau doesn't mean you have $20m in cap room. They'd still be well over the cap and could only use the usual exceptions - MLE and BAE - and neither of those are close to the amounts you're talking about.

2. Annual raises are limited to 4.5% of the first year amount. So if Iggy's getting $10m in the first year, the most he can get over 4 years is $10m, $10,450,000, $10,900,000, $11,350,000 for a total of $42,700,000.

3. $10m for Bynum isn't a 'max contract' and it doesn't give him an opportunity for one in the future - they wouldn't get his Bird rights after just one year, so they wouldn't be able to go over the cap to re-sign him.

interesting. what kind of contract do you see bynum getting offered this summer?

cmellofan15
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
David Stern can't fine us for posting on forums on the internet. What we're doing isn't considered tampering, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stern hasn't thought about it. If you post negatively, you receive a life time ban from NBA arenas.

my post was regarding Paul and Dwight's talks of teaming up.

IversonIsKrazy
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Which teams actually have money to do it? Mavs & Hawks are the only 2 that have enough money for 2 max this summer, every other team would have to do it via S&T? Or am I wrong ?

bholly
06-15-2013, 01:19 AM
interesting. what kind of contract do you see bynum getting offered this summer?

Don't have a clue. Seriously, I have no idea. I can't remember ever having this little grasp on a player's market value before. Can't wait to see.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Todays "rumor" was about them teaming up on the Clippers yet no one is talking about them going to the Clippers. I've been on this since before the trade deadline. It just makes sense. Despite what most think the Clippers can get enough cap to sign both players without trading Blake. They are going to try to do that and both players may have interest. CP3 definitely wants to stay. They aren't going to Atlanta. They are both from that region and you can't grow up there, move to LA and go back. You just can't.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Clippers most likely, because I assume CP3 would rather stay there than leave, and that LAC would ultimately rather give up Griffin in a Dwight S+T than lost CP3 for nothing.

Houston next most likely, followed by a decent sized gap then DAL and ATL.

Lakers by far the least likely - no idea how anyone thinks they're going to get CP3 there. LAC wouldn't want anything they could offer, so they'd have to somehow get the cap room to sign him, and them seems pretty implausible. Are people talking about that as a serious option?
I just don't see the Clippers trading Griffin. Sadly I think they would rather lose CP3 than have CP3 and Howard without Blake. He is such as a big deal as a personality that his obvious flaws as a player aren't seen by the organization. I loathe Howard and love Blake but I would trade Blake in a second if it meant keeping CP3.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Why take back crap to ruin 2014, 2015, and 2016. Even if they dont get anyone to "save" them in 2014 they can wait till 2 summers to sign Love and other free agents. Why take back a player like DeAndre who got way overpaid and the Clipppers know it so they are trying to dump him on everyone. Its better to let Dwight walkI agree that the Lakers are probably too proud to trade Howard to the Clippers and I don't even think it's possible unless they amnesty Gasol. I do think that if they are going to lose Howard for nothing it might be prudent to suck it up admit this run is over and start over. I think Bledsoe would obviously be in the deal too. DJ and junk obviously isn't worth it but Bled and DJ could do damage for D'Antoni. You'd probably get 2-3 picks too. It's not what Laker fans want to hear but amnestying Gasol and doing a S & T with the Clippers might actually be the Lakers best move.

Don't have a clue. Seriously, I have no idea. I can't remember ever having this little grasp on a player's market value before. Can't wait to see.

No kidding. I can see a range of not getting signed at all to max.

sep11ie
06-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Seattle's not an option?

5ass
06-15-2013, 01:48 AM
I think bynum goes to the cavs for 50 mill 3 yr contract.

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 02:10 AM
CP3 needs to run from LAC. Blake Griffin will be exposed without CP3.

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 02:27 AM
CP3 needs to run from LAC. Blake Griffin will be exposed without CP3.

He put up 22.5, 12 and 4 before CP3 got here. Now he's a better player so why would he get exposed lol? Maybe the team but not Blake.

OceanSpray
06-15-2013, 02:31 AM
He put up 22.5, 12 and 4 before CP3 got here. Now he's a better player so why would he get exposed lol? Maybe the team but not Blake.

Blake was exposed against Memphis. He put up big numbers but he hasn't improved much since his rookie year. With CP3 gone, he will be exposed further. He cannot lead a team as the star player and is mentally lacking. Asides from dunking, he has a minimal arsenal of offensive weapons. His defense is a joke and he's way too soft.

Bruno
06-15-2013, 02:44 AM

x2.

i wonder if he'll take a one year deal on the cheap in order to reestablish himself as a max player for summer 2014, or if he'll take a much lesser deal for overall financial security. he's already made 66+ million from NBA salary since 2005.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Blake was exposed against Memphis. He put up big numbers but he hasn't improved much since his rookie year. With CP3 gone, he will be exposed further. He cannot lead a team as the star player and is mentally lacking. Asides from dunking, he has a minimal arsenal of offensive weapons. His defense is a joke and he's way too soft.

This thread is about a rumor that started because "souces" say CP3 and Howard want to play together on the Clippers.

The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9386386/chris-paul-dwight-howard-hoping-play-together-sources

Blake's game would thrive next to Howard with CP3.

bholly
06-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Todays "rumor" was about them teaming up on the Clippers yet no one is talking about them going to the Clippers. I've been on this since before the trade deadline. It just makes sense. Despite what most think the Clippers can get enough cap to sign both players without trading Blake. They are going to try to do that and both players may have interest. CP3 definitely wants to stay. .

The problem is there's a big difference between trying to do that and doing it. There aren't that many teams who can even take on DJ's contract without sending it back - and a bunch of the ones that can (eg ATL, DAL) aren't going to facilitate Dwight to LAC. It's possible, yes - I ran and posted all the numbers a week or so ago - but it's going to be really hard, and I'm not sure they can do it.

I'm also personally of the opinion that Dwight and CP3 and a real supporting cast is better than Dwight and CP3 and Blake and a team of vet min guys, but maybe they don't agree with me on that.

I just don't see the Clippers trading Griffin. Sadly I think they would rather lose CP3 than have CP3 and Howard without Blake. He is such as a big deal as a personality that his obvious flaws as a player aren't seen by the organization. I loathe Howard and love Blake but I would trade Blake in a second if it meant keeping CP3.

Yeah. As above, I think that would be sad if it came to them losing CP3 over it. Giving up Blake is an easy decision for me.
But I guess one complicating factor in the back of their minds that most (including me) aren't really factoring in is that the Clippers have to be really aware and terrified of the possibility of Blake's Lakers outshining Dwight+CP3's Clippers at some point. Giving up the much younger star means there's a real likelihood that there'll be some future years where they wish they had it the other way around.
Most teams really only care about making themselves as good as they can be, and don't worry too much about who the other teams are. With the Clippers, though, after all these years maybe it's different for them when it comes to the Lakers.
Maybe, as an organization, they are factoring in that keeping Blake and letting CP3 and Dwight go elsewhere hurts them but hurts the Lakers much more. Who knows?

Clippers

The clippers aren't gonna trade Blake Griffin for Howard. LA makes the most sense for CP3 and Howard to play together however since they're both here already. Would the Lakers be willing to sign and trade Howard to the Clippers is the question. They may lose Howard for nothing, they might as well get something in return.

Except the Lakers would just say "no, give us Blake". Unless the Clippers can ditch almost everyone else, it's going to be almost impossible for them to sign Dwight while keeping CP3 and Blake. And it's going to be pretty tough for them to ditch everyone. If they can't, then LAL's S+T becomes the only way to get Howard - and if CP3 and Howard are determined to team up, it'll also be their only way to keep CP3. In that situation - where it's giving up Blake but getting CP3 and Howard, or just keeping Blake, that should be an easy decision.
Maybe they really would prefer keeping Blake, and wouldn't move him, in which case their willingness to give up on Dwight would help them in the negotiations - but I wouldn't count on it. Let's not forget that people thought there was no way they'd give up Gordon AND the Minny pick for CP3.

sammyvine
06-15-2013, 05:47 AM
this is whats ruining basketball...all these superstars teaming up..
we have seen it with miami, lakers etc...gone are the days when all the best players were spread around the league.
that's why the nfl is better because all the stars are not joining up.

sammyvine
06-15-2013, 05:47 AM
chris paul isnt even that good anyway

i cant see him getting better with his age and injuries.

Lo Porto
06-15-2013, 10:46 AM
The best solution is for Dwight to go to the Clippers. We all know he'd like to send that little message to Kobe.

How can that happen? LA trades Bledsoe and Butler's bad contract to the Jazz for one of their draft picks. Utah had interest in Bledsoe at the deadline.

Then all the Clippers would need to do is find a team with space that has interest in Jordan. That could be Atlanta, Philly, and many others.

So the Clippers would build around a big three of Paul, Dwight and Blake with draft picks.

ATX
06-15-2013, 11:25 AM
The best solution is for Dwight to go to the Clippers. We all know he'd like to send that little message to Kobe.

How can that happen? LA trades Bledsoe and Butler's bad contract to the Jazz for one of their draft picks. Utah had interest in Bledsoe at the deadline.

Then all the Clippers would need to do is find a team with space that has interest in Jordan. That could be Atlanta, Philly, and many others.

So the Clippers would build around a big three of Paul, Dwight and Blake with draft picks.

Without looking too far into cap situations, I think the Clippers would have to do a S&T with the Lakers (Extremely low possibility the Lakers would do this) and then Blake and Bledsoe would go to the Lakers...

Clippersfan86
06-15-2013, 11:54 AM

Exposed in a playoff series where you had a pretty serious injury= overrated? It cracks me up how much PSD users judge players off small samples. When Harden hit a wall this season for example where he was shooting 35 percent for a week or w/e it was.. I wouldn't of made a stupid comment like "See the guy can't shoot for crap and he is what he is. Not going to ever improve". That's similar to the dumb logic you're using. Blake was above average defensively this year and made a huge jump there, you should probably watch more bud.

kylem4711
06-15-2013, 03:30 PM
chris paul isnt even that good anyway

i cant see him getting better with his age and injuries.

:badidea: