PDA

View Full Version : Andre Drummond will be the best center in the NBA within 3 years

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 02:55 PM
He was hands down the most underrated and underused rookie in the league. Whenever he got good minutes, he had DOMINANT all around impact on games. I haven't seen a player completely alter games like that as a rookie off the bench in a long time. I think he's better than Anthony Davis already as an all around player and had he gotten around 30-35 minutes a game he would have probably won ROY.

He put up 13 ppg, 13 rpg, 3 bpg 2 spg PER 36 with insane efficiency. Total rebound rate of about 22 percent already for a rookie with a supposedly weak motor is awesome. Unlike many freak of nature specimen like DJ, McGee etc... Drummond seems to have the fire and determination to improve. He's a total man among boys out there.

I'm seeing a much longer, better offensive version of Ben Wallace in Drummond which is basically a near perfect center. The guy has it all. Fantastic athleticism and size. Great hands, soft touch, fantastic defensive instincts, range on the jumper, elite rebounder. Way higher IQ than I imagined. Watch his shotblocking and you'll see the Ben Wallace controlled block deal.

Drummond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cousins going forward.

20+/10+/3 bpg/2 spg for multiple seasons, mark my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scdiy3LnePg

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Drummond guarding Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVDtx1NtwvY

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Ill take that bet. " best center in the league" will never apply to Drummond

Can he be a top 10 C eventually ? Yea i think so but he deff won't be the best C in the league

He just doesn't have the offensive skill set and i never found "his drive" as a strong suit. He was just lazy at uconn.

Maybe he knew he was going pro after one year so he never really tried or put in the work at uconn he should have that's the only benefit I'm giving him but his defense is no surprise.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Can he be a top 10 C eventually ? Yea i think so but he deff won't be the best C in the league

He just doesn't have the offensive skill set and i never found "his drive" as a strong suit. He was just lazy at uconn.

Maybe he knew he was going pro after one year so he never really tried or put in the work at uconn he should have that's the only benefit I'm giving him but his defense is no surprise.

Lol at potential to be "top 10". If he played big minutes this year he would of already been top 10 easily. Like I said.. No other center in the NBA averages his numbers per minute really. 13/13/3/2 with top efficiency, high WS/48 and elite rebound rate. Who else? Noah for example puts up 11.5 ppg/11 rpg/2 bpg PER 36 with much worse efficiency, much worse rebounding rate and worse WS/48. Noah puts up great assist numbers but much lower blocks and steals.

I'm not guaranteeing it... just strongly feel this way. Mad Uconn fan isn't exactly unbias about this. Let's hear from some Pistons fans too, they seem to love him.

DetroitBadBoy
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
After watching him all year this year in shortened minutes, I agree that I've never seen a rookie alter games the way he does on defense and how easy it is to lob to him.

Best center in 3 years? Maybe. He is some what raw on offense but if he learns to just bully people down low to get those buckets, then yes definitely. Defensively...a MONSTER!

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Lol at potential to be "top 10". If he played big minutes this year he would of already been top 10 easily. Like I said.. No other center in the NBA averages his numbers per minute really. 13/13/3/2 with top efficiency, high WS/48 and elite rebound rate. Who else? Noah for example puts up 11.5 ppg/11 rpg/2 bpg PER 36 with much worse efficiency, much worse rebounding rate and worse WS/48. Noah puts up great assist numbers but much lower blocks and steals.

Considering ive actually met the guy and saw him work in practice at uconn i think i know about my uconn guys

Just because he didnt get starters minutes dont mean the numbers you projected using per 36 doesnt mean those wpuld be his numbers per 36 its more of an opportunity to make mental mistakes which he did frequently at uconn which was just 2 years ago

His offensive game will never develop but people can wait for it

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
After watching him all year this year in shortened minutes, I agree that I've never seen a rookie alter games the way he does on defense and how easy it is to lob to him.

Best center in 3 years? Maybe. He is some what raw on offense but if he learns to just bully people down low to get those buckets, then yes definitely. Defensively...a MONSTER!

Hilarious thing is raw on offense yet I've still seen him drop nice post moves pretty regularly. I don't predict he will be some Shaqesque 25-30 ppg scorer.. but flat 20 ppg for a couple seasons and high teens 5+ years is very realistic IMO. What's most important for Drummond offensively is that his hands and touch are there at a high level already. He seems to have a real high awareness of what's going on around him which is why I said his IQ is surprisingly high. I never saw a deer in headlights stupid look that most young bigs have.

Even if say the guy puts up 18/13/3/2/2 or something on top notch efficiency as the best defensive anchor in the game? That's a HOF center if he sustains and wins at a high level.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Considering ive actually met the guy and saw him work in practice at uconn i think i know about my uconn guys

Just because he didnt get starters minutes dont mean the numbers you projected using per 36 doesnt mean those wpuld be his numbers per 36 its more of an opportunity to make mental mistakes which he did frequently at uconn which was just 2 years ago

You watching him in college doesn't= knowing his game. Just like people from Oklahoma tried to tell me Blake's game and were dead wrong. He was actually BETTER at the NBA level than college. Same thing obviously applied to Drummond who's game fits the NBA more. I despise when people flat out say a player will NEVER accomplish this or that.

DetroitBadBoy
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Hilarious thing is raw on offense yet I've still seen him drop nice post moves pretty regularly. I don't predict he will be some Shaqesque 25-30 ppg scorer.. but flat 20 ppg for a couple seasons and high teens 5+ years is very realistic IMO. What's most important for Drummond offensively is that his hands and touch are there at a high level already. He seems to have a real high awareness of what's going on around him which is why I said his IQ is surprisingly high. I never saw a deer in headlights stupid look that most young bigs have.

I agree, sounds like he will be working with Kareem this summer to pad his post game moves. He is so valuable to this Pistons squad right now, it's hard to say I would trade him for much outside of LeBron haha.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I agree, sounds like he will be working with Kareem this summer to pad his post game moves. He is so valuable to this Pistons squad right now, it's hard to say I would trade him for much outside of LeBron haha.

Nice man! Unlike Andrew Bumum I can see D Train (my own nickname for him haha) improving a lot under guys like Kareem/Hakeem. I know man... I think his value is sky high, as in franchise player high right now. I was just thinking to myself other day if I'd trade say Blake Griffin for him... and I'd honestly strongly consider it. He just has that "IT" factor about him.

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
You watching him in college doesn't= knowing his game. Just like people from Oklahoma tried to tell me Blake's game and were dead wrong. He was actually BETTER at the NBA level than college. Same thing obviously applied to Drummond who's game fits the NBA more.

I didnt just watch him at uconn i watched him in practices i know what im talking about

But your obviously not gonna listen to my point where ive been saying he cpuld be a top 10 c. You act like im disrespecting in. Im just not overrating him like you are

And i know people from uconns games i eat sleep and breathe uconn ball. I called kemba being a good pro when most wherr saying 6th man. Iv also said lamb will be nothing mpre than a role player gay never reaching his full potential as a player thabeet would bust and me saying drummond would be a defensive force in the nba

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Feel free to disagree... just don't give bogus claims like "He will NEVER be a good offensive player" and act like because he was a disappointment in college... he won't thrive in the NBA and I won't "bi**h like a lil girl". I know Uconn fans DESPISED this guy and all... but it's naive to act like college players who sucked won't thrive in the NBA because it happens all the time and vice versa.

Talk about bogus claims. :laugh:

No one associated with uconn hates drummond :laugh:

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
I didnt just watch him at uconn i watched him in practices i know what im talking about

But your obviously not gonna listen to my point where ive been saying he cpuld be a top 10 c. You act like im disrespecting in. Im just not overrating him like you are

And i know people from uconns games i eat sleep and breathe uconn ball. I called kemba being a good pro when most wherr saying 6th man. Iv also said lamb will be nothing mpre than a role player gay never reaching his full potential as a player thabeet would bust and me saying drummond would be a defensive force in the nba

Saying top 10 center when a guy has this much upside and all around game already IS an insult TBH. Outside of the top 5 centers maybe... you're talking about a bunch of mediocre centers.

Howard
Noah
Hibbert
Cousins
Bumum
Gasol
Horford
Lopez
Duncan

Who else? Duncan will retire within 3 years for sure. Horford is a nice player but nothing special really. Lopez is a solid center offensively but has the defensive impact of Steve Nash a lot of times. Marc Gasol had worse per minute numbers than Drummond THIS YEAR, I don't expect it to change. Bumum's knees are falling apart faster than McDyess'.

I'm thinking his only competition will be Howard, Cousins and Hibbert in the next few years unless some great rookie centers come.

NYKnickFanatic
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
His ball handling is pretty good for a C.

Never knew he could handle the rock like that.

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 03:29 PM
No he won't be

Top 5 current centers

Dwight
bynum
Hibbert
Lopez
Noah/asik

I don't even see him cracking this group in 2 years, so how will he be the #1 in 3?

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Yea im done. I obviously dont know what im talking about watching him practice and talking to him personally. Youtube and per 36 are the way to really judge players i dont know why im trying to make a point in the nba forum. Im done since i cant disagree with someone's point without there panties getting in a bunch

I'm not using Youtube and Per 36 exclusively. I've watched him at least 20 games and his impact jumped off the screen. BTW the despise comment was an exaggeration but I do recall tons of Uconn fans complaining about how big of a disappointment his season was and him leaving early. Since you're actually there I'll take your word for it if you say he's beloved and admit my wrong on that.

One thing I won't agree with though is the "Never be a good offensive player" or that you have some greater insight because you met him or watched practice.

College basketball DOES give some indication of the future but as I said before TONS of players who were dominant in college, are busts in the NBA and the other way around too. Guys like Christian Laettner ring a bell? Even if you look at foreign ball look at how much Rubio's game got a boost at the NBA level? The guy went from averaging pathetic numbers in Europe to being a high impact NBA player IMMEDIATELY.

Watching a player PRACTICE applies to games how?

IndyRealist
06-13-2013, 03:31 PM

"At UConn" is the key here. You haven't watched him with different coaches, different teammates, actually getting PAID to perform. You knew him at UConn.

Three years ago Lance Stephenson was a knucklehead who pushed his girlfriend down a flight of stairs, a ballhog who couldn't shoot, didn't play defense, and got into fights with his teammates at Cincinnati. Now he's the starting SG on a team that was 1 game away from the Finals. Do you think ANYONE on his college team thought he would make it in the NBA?

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:31 PM
His ball handling is pretty good for a C.

Never knew he could handle the rock like that.

His handles is amazing and the reason he was so hyped coming out of high school that with his speed for a big is pretty remarkable

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
"At UConn" is the key here. You haven't watched him with different coaches, different teammates, actually getting PAID to perform. You knew him at UConn.

Three years ago Lance Stephenson was a knucklehead who pushed his girlfriend down a flight of stairs, a ballhog who couldn't shoot, didn't play defense, and got into fights with his teammates at Cincinnati. Now he's the starting SG on a team that was 1 game away from the Finals. Do you think ANYONE on his college team thought he would make it in the NBA?

Great example. Besides like I keep saying there is even MORE to factor than this. The NBA game itself, tempo, reffing is COMPLETELY different. Hell even the rules such as violations, 3 point line etc are different. Just not the same at all.

Rivera
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM

I actually loved him at cincy and was waiting for him to eventually break he ALWAYS had the talent there was always one question with lance to basketball enthusiasts and it was his head and i am happy he finally got that on straight now the skies the limit for him i was a lance fan when he joined cincy as a freshman so your questioning the wrong guy here

JEDean89
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
The op needs to jump off drumonds.... The guy has size but he shoots 37% from the FT line. I doubt he ever develops a hook shot or a 10 footer, he will be relegated to the pick and roll and put backs for his offensive game. I think he can be a 15 and 12 guy with top notch defense but he'll never be the best center and certainly not before he's 23, the thread title makes people hate the op.

2-ONE-5
06-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Nice man! Unlike Andrew Bumum I can see D Train (my own nickname for him haha) improving a lot under guys like Kareem/Hakeem. I know man... I think his value is sky high, as in franchise player high right now. I was just thinking to myself other day if I'd trade say Blake Griffin for him... and I'd honestly strongly consider it. He just has that "IT" factor about him.

Drummond can only dream to develop the offensive game a healthy Bynum has

Infamous916
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Better than Cousins :laugh:

Good one, OP.

king4day
06-13-2013, 03:41 PM
I think he'll be a top center barring health issues. Hard to see anyone outside of Cousins or Howard that will be better.

PASS_THE_ROCK
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Who?

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Drummond can only dream to develop the offensive game a healthy Bynum has

Healthy Bumum=Unicorn.

C_Mund
06-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Funny how Valanciunas doesn't get any mention. I'm not trying to re-open the Jonas vs. Andre debate because I think they both have really really good careers in front of them, but all these lists of future C's don't even include the Big V? Brutal.

Anyway I think Drummond and Monroe could be a beastly duo in the future. I'm never one to say "will be the #x player in x amount of years" because there's just way too many factors. Suffice to say that I think the Pistons will become as good defensively as Drummond does, and depending on how they build around him his offense might not even be that important to develop (ie: Tyson Chandler with the Mavs/Hornets)...

dhopisthename
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
if he can't become a better then 50% shooter you will never be able to leave him out there in end of situations.

HouRealCoach
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
He said he wants to work with Hakeem... I think he has potential to be top 3, saying he has potential to be top 10 is nonsense, especially in this day & age

ghettosean
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Funny how Valanciunas doesn't get any mention. I'm not trying to re-open the Jonas vs. Andre debate because I think they both have really really good careers in front of them, but all these lists of future C's don't even include the Big V? Brutal.

Anyway I think Drummond and Monroe could be a beastly duo in the future. I'm never one to say "will be the #x player in x amount of years" because there's just way too many factors. Suffice to say that I think the Pistons will become as good defensively as Drummond does, and depending on how they build around him his offense might not even be that important to develop (ie: Tyson Chandler with the Mavs/Hornets)...

Don't worry I noticed it too J-Val gets no respect... LOL... Let them dream!

As for Drummond and Monroe well they are a scary duo and will be more feared as time goes on.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM

Forgot about Valanciunas honestly. He has good offensive skills and solid rebounding but he doesn't seem a lot better than Bargnani defensively (I kid, I kid). I love his footwork and touch but when I watched Jonas a few times I never felt the same "he's dominating this game" the way I do with Drummond. Drummond is one hell of a defensive anchor to have for Detroit going forward.

DetroitBadBoy
06-13-2013, 03:57 PM
People think you need to be great on offense to be considered one of the top centers in this day and age. The only centers decent on offense in the NBA today are Lopez, Hibbert, Cousins, and Duncan. I would add Bynum but I question if he is to ever play at a high level again. Defensively, Drummond destroys the list. Hibbert is a great rim protector but can't wander far from that.

Look at Ben Wallace, Mutumbo, and screw it, add Dwight Howard to this list of not so great offensive abilities. Although they are regarded as some of the greatest centers in their times. Dwight gets his points from pure athleticism. Terrible post game, IMO.

dtmagnet
06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
You can't use per36 as if its concrete. Foul trouble alone will probably prevent him from playing 36 minutes.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
People think you need to be great on offense to be considered one of the top centers in this day and age. The only centers decent on offense in the NBA today are Lopez, Hibbert, Cousins, and Duncan. I would add Bynum but I question if he is to ever play at a high level again. Defensively, Drummond destroys the list. Hibbert is a great rim protector but can't wander far from that.

Look at Ben Wallace, Mutumbo, and screw it, add Dwight Howard to this list of not so great offensive abilities. Although they are regarded as some of the greatest centers in their times. Dwight gets his points from pure athleticism. Terrible post game, IMO.

This is why I spit my drink out when the diehard Uconn fan who's supposedly a Drummond lover said "top 10 center" as if that's some big accomplishment with these weak centers nowadays. Like you said offense now for a center isn't a big deal. Guys like Noah and Marc Gasol are considered elite centers and average 13 ppg or less.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
You can't use per36 as if its concrete. Foul trouble alone will probably prevent him from playing 36 minutes.

Not alone. Just ONE part of it. Watching games+footage are a much greater part of my opinion.

C_Mund
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Forgot about Valanciunas honestly. He has good offensive skills and solid rebounding but he doesn't seem a lot better than Bargnani defensively (I kid, I kid). I love his footwork and touch but when I watched Jonas a few times I never felt the same "he's dominating this game" the way I do with Drummond. Drummond is one hell of a defensive anchor to have for Detroit going forward.

No argument here, mostly since you were "kidding" about the Bargnani comment. Honestly, Bargnani is a pretty competent 1-on-1 defender but gets absolutely lots in defensive schemes, similar to a young Jonas. JV honestly don't understand the American game too good.

I think what puts Jonas up there with other budding big men is his motor and his passion for bball. It's a religion to him, so what he lacks in absolute skill he can more than make up for with effort. Plus his biggest knock is that he OVER helps on defense, tries to block literally every single shot. He just needs to learn a few of the nuances.
Again, that's not to say that he has the potential defensively of Drummond. I have a feeling that there's going to be a good-natured-yet-serious rivalry between these two as time goes on.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
My favorite part of OP's video is around the 3 minute mark with Drummond and Bynum against the C's. Doc was PISSED that Drummond got that open dunk and called a time out. The very next play they did it again.

IndyRealist
06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
I actually loved him at cincy and was waiting for him to eventually break he ALWAYS had the talent there was always one question with lance to basketball enthusiasts and it was his head and i am happy he finally got that on straight now the skies the limit for him i was a lance fan when he joined cincy as a freshman so your questioning the wrong guy here

Really? Because no one at Cincinnati liked him at all. THAT is the point. You didn't like Drummond at UConn, so you're dismissing what everyone else seems to see.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 04:14 PM

That was Uconn. He is obviously a different player in the NBA. The biggest knock on him in college was his "low motor", NOBODY questioned his motor this year. He hustles 100% of the time.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
River thinks that because he saw Drummond at UConn, he can judge him based off of that. Let me tell you this, the Drummond at UConn was in no way the Drummond with the Pistons. I saw him in summer league. Drummond didn't even know how to set a single ****ing pick. His picks were soft and didn't do anything at all. The truth is that he wasn't coached at UConn and he didn't learn a damn thing. If you watch his summer league games and watch his Preseason games, you will see such improvement it is mind boggling.

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
River thinks that because he saw Drummond at UConn, he can judge him based off of that. Let me tell you this, the Drummond at UConn was in no way the Drummond with the Pistons. I saw him in summer league. Drummond didn't even know how to set a single ****ing pick. His picks were soft and didn't do anything at all. The truth is that he wasn't coached at UConn and he didn't learn a damn thing. If you watch his summer league games and watch his Preseason games, you will see such improvement it is mind boggling.

Great post. BTW I'll spend more time watching Val this year. I like what I saw from him but didn't watch much because Pistons games are hard to come by out here in Cali since I don't buy league pass.

ChitownBears22
He has the potential to reach that point. I think that Detroit used him correctly this year. He played a decent amount of meaningful minutes and got a feel for the game. He is a natural rebounder and defender.

C_Mund

Yeah, some programs are all about the 1-and-done's (KENTUCKY!?!?!?!?!?!) and others seem to have a bit of disdain for them.

Infamous916
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Ooooo Summer League.... Tell me more!

Gators123
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM

Doubt it. He averaged 2.4 in 21 MPG as a rookie big man. He will be fine.

When Drummond played between 20-30 minutes (average of only 23 MPG) he put up 9.3 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 1.5 BPG, 1.2 SPG, on 61% shooting.

When he played between between 30-40 minutes (average of 32 MPG) he put up 14.5 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 1.5 SPG, on 77% shooting.

19 year old rookie center. Not bad.

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
2012-13 19 DET NBA C 60 1243 21.6 .578 .610 15.4 27.2 21.2 4.1 2.5 6.1 12.2 17.2 114 99 2.2 2.3 4.5 .172

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 04:26 PM

Uh you missed his point didn't you? It wasn't that Drummond tore up Summer League or something... it was the point that in his first organized ball since joining the league he didn't know how to do simple things. From that time... as the year went on it was amazing how far he progressed. BTW lol at you bringing up "terrified of defense" Cousins as if there is no chance Drummond surpasses that basket case. I'll tell you something right now... most NBA GM's would take Drummond over Cousins.

DetroitBadBoy
06-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Don't test Gators and Phenom's knowledge of the beloved Drummond!

RipCity32
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
His potential is scary actually.He can avg 15+ppg just on put backs and lobs alone just because of his freakish athleticism at his size.Obviously his defense and offensive rebounding is what's currently so impressive.He should definitely become the best offensive rebounder in the league in just a short time.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Do you think I'm saying anything good at all about summer league? Do you think I said it was important or that it was special? Or are you so ****ing stupid you lack the reading comprehension to be on a forum? Let me spell it out for you *********:

Summerleague shows Drummond most recently out of college and working with the Pistons for the first time, and even that wasn't very long at all. Drummond, in those unimportant, unimpressive games, played like a guy with bust written all over him. He couldn't screen off a defender. It looked like he lead ever pick wit his head and shoulders and that he might lose his balance at any moment. By the time Preseason came around, when he was actually taught something unlike when he was at Uconn where the head coach was gone often and his assistants obviously knew jack **** about basketball, (you should inquire about a job by the way), he looked like an unstoppable force. Every pick lead to an open shot, layup, or alley oop. He peeled defenders off of our guards like a boss. Let me know if any of this was too hard for you to understand.

IndyRealist
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM

No one's seen Valanciunas, or knows how to spell his name for that matter. I copy and pasted.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I know Valanciunas. I scouted Valanciunas when he was still considered a second round pick on Draftexpress.com and NBADraft.com. I knew he was a gem and I wanted very badly to sneak him into the second round pick. By the time everyone else caught up, I hoped he would fall to our first pick. I wrote a reasonably long scouting report on him based off of game footage I either downloaded or that was available on sites like youtube. I left them at the Raptors forum and the Piston's forum, before just putting it in the Draft forum so anyone might be able to see it. I liked Big V. I also like his Lithuanian counterpart Donatas as well over in Rocket land. I think he'll play very well next to Howard if Howard goes there.

But I've digressed, I love Valanciunas and his abilities. I am very fond of him as a player. That being said, he does not pass the eye test when it comes to Drummond. I don't know what it is that is so different. I know JVal likes to bang, he was one of the most physical euro players I've ever followed. He has a great hook over his left shoulder and he runs the floor like a deer. Everything he does is good, I just am not awestruck as I am with Drummond.

3RDASYSTEM
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
If he pulls a SHAQ and has his team in Finals app. by yr 3 then maybe just maybe

but I saw too many flashes of SHAQ pre nba, I didn't that get watching DRUMMOND, but he can be a good player I imagine

but really its either there or its not, if he wasn't big time in college or super big time it probably wont translate over to nba

and I don't care what his per or tsfg%% or abc129954 or what albert Einstein says, it wont make him better or look better

and the reason why I really don't care for that per and ws% is because someone on here used it and said mckie had a higher ws% than IVERSON so he was better or just as important to the teams success, I guess they made 5ppg scorers different back then as opposed to todays 5ppg scorers(he avg 11.7ppg 6th man of yr), so therefore it is forever worthless

RipCity32
06-13-2013, 05:02 PM
If he pulls a SHAQ and has his team in Finals app. by yr 3 then maybe just maybe

but I saw too many flashes of SHAQ pre nba, I didn't that get watching DRUMMOND, but he can be a good player I imagine

but really its either there or its not, if he wasn't big time in college or super big time it probably wont translate over to nba

and I don't care what his per or tsfg%% or abc129954 or what albert Einstein says, it wont make him better or look better

and the reason why I really don't care for that per and ws% is because someone on here used it and said mckie had a higher ws% than IVERSON so he was better or just as important to the teams success, I guess they made 5ppg scorers different back then as opposed to todays 5ppg scorers(he avg 11.7ppg 6th man of yr), so therefore it is forever worthless

What are you talking about he won't translate to the NBA.He played last year and was very promising.

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
So because he averaged 13/13 per 36 mean he'll actually average it with starter minutes? :laugh2:

It's one thing to put up solid numbers off the bench. It's a different thing to start against starters.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 05:10 PM
So because he averaged 13/13 per 36 mean he'll actually average it with starter minutes? :laugh2:

It's one thing to put up solid numbers off the bench. It's a different thing to start against starters.

He averaged 11 and 8 in 25 MPG as a starter after coming back from a 2 month long injury.

bucketss
06-13-2013, 05:14 PM
i think valanciaunas has a say about this;)

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 05:14 PM
People don't ****ing read Gators man. Bunch of illiterate trash on this website.

When he played between between 30-40 minutes (average of 32 MPG) he put up 14.5 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 1.5 SPG, on 77% shooting.

Mcdoh
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
no

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
People don't ****ing read Gators man. Bunch of illiterate trash on this website.

See ya when you get banned.

No need to insult everyone because they don't agree with you.

mjt20mik
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I really wish the Raptors drafted him this year. I think he has the potential to become a really special player. However, it really does ride on his mental will.

I don't see him being a top 3 center in the next 3 years (let alone the best).

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Uh you missed his point didn't you? It wasn't that Drummond tore up Summer League or something... it was the point that in his first organized ball since joining the league he didn't know how to do simple things. From that time... as the year went on it was amazing how far he progressed. BTW lol at you bringing up "terrified of defense" Cousins as if there is no chance Drummond surpasses that basket case. I'll tell you something right now... most NBA GM's would take Drummond over Cousins.

It's okay I'd take Cousins over Drummond any day of the week, especially once he gets his **** together

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
If he can become a good scorer like Howard did then he has a chance...IF. I doubt it though. I think he'll be a top 5-7 C but we'll see...

rocket
06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Did rivera just really say "can he be a top 10 center?"

Lmfao oh man.

People really haven't watched Drum if you ask questions like that. He'll show this year that he's a top 5 center. I mean his stats already give you an example of how good he's going to be.

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:23 PM
So basically because of a decent season off the bench, Drummond is a lock to be a top 5 season smh

kenzo400
06-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm not even sure if he can ever play over 30 minutes a game. Definitely not with 35% free throw shooting.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
See ya when you get banned.

No need to insult everyone because they don't agree with you.

I don't give a damn if people disagree. It's when illiterate punks sarcastically talk **** about my posts without having the reading comprehension required to be here that I throw out the insults.

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
I think Drummond will have a Noah type Impact. Which is still pretty damn good, but not a top 3 player/best center in the league. That's ridiculous for a rookie off the bench, and I actually am a fan of Drummond

rocket
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Holy **** the NBA forum continues to be stupid.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm not even sure if he can ever play over 30 minutes a game. Definitely not with 35% free throw shooting.

Well he has, and when he does, hes very productive.

Its nice to see that only thing people can bash Drummond on after his 1st season is his FT shooting. Like I've said 50 times, most people thought he would be in the d-league for his first 3 years in the NBA.

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't give a damn if people disagree. It's when illiterate punks sarcastically talk **** about my posts without having the reading comprehension required to be here that I throw out the insults.

It's called misreading, ya know that does happen as well.

True Sports Fan
06-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Holy **** the NBA forum continues to be stupid.

Because people don't think Drummond will be the best center in the league based off a rookie season on a terrible team. K.

kenzo400
06-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Well he has, and when he does, hes very productive.

Its nice to see that only thing people can bash Drummond on after his 1st season is his FT shooting. Like I've said 50 times, most people thought he would be in the d-league for his first 3 years in the NBA.

He averaged 20.7 minutes a game this season. There is a good reason for that (other than he is a rookie) Playing him in the fourth is a terrible idea. Why wouldn't the opposing team just foul him on purpose on every posession? 35% of free throws going in instead of maybe 45% of field goals seems like a good thing.

b@llhog24
06-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Never.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 05:41 PM
He averaged 20.7 minutes a game this season. There is a good reason for that (other than he is a rookie) Playing him in the fourth is a terrible idea. Why wouldn't the opposing team just foul him on purpose on every posession? 35% of free throws going in instead of maybe 45% of field goals seems like a good thing.

Him only playing 21 MPG had zero to do with his FT shooting.

He can improve his FT shooting though, just because he shot 37% last season doesn't mean he can't shoot 45% next season. Hell, he shot under 30% in college :laugh2:

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 06:10 PM
It's called misreading, ya know that does happen as well.

And when people are snide *******s when they "misread" something of mine, they deserve whichever name I can possibly think of at the time.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 06:12 PM

He can improve his FT shooting though, just because he shot 37% last season doesn't mean he can't shoot 45% next season. Hell, he shot under 30% in college :laugh2:

Shut up Gators. He has looked at his MPG and seen his FT%. He knows what he is talking about. Having never seen Drummond play, and not having seen Drummond play at the rate you or I have seen him play, isn't relevant. What isn't important is what we know as Pistons fans, but whatever illogical conclusion his brain jumps to when presented with numbers.

kduce
06-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Being someone who has watched Drummond play all year, I am excited for the future. Fans have no idea what this kid is about to do and dont say we didnt warn you he was coming when he does.

Pacerlive
06-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Being someone who has watched Drummond play all year, I am excited for the future. Fans have no idea what this kid is about to do and dont say we didnt warn you he was coming when he does.

I should hope the Pistons would get better they have been in the lottery for awhile now but I will say this that they got a good front court now but still have a lot of work to do on the backcourt. The good thing is that they have the money to spend now since they got out of the worst salary cap situation in the league.

kduce
06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah, now we just have to hope that they dont spend it the wrong way. Hopefully we will be able to work out some deals with teams needing to dump players to try and go after Dwight or CP3. This is the most important off season for us in a long time.

Infamous916
06-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Do you think I'm saying anything good at all about summer league? Do you think I said it was important or that it was special? Or are you so ****ing stupid you lack the reading comprehension to be on a forum? Let me spell it out for you *********:

Summerleague shows Drummond most recently out of college and working with the Pistons for the first time, and even that wasn't very long at all. Drummond, in those unimportant, unimpressive games, played like a guy with bust written all over him. He couldn't screen off a defender. It looked like he lead ever pick wit his head and shoulders and that he might lose his balance at any moment. By the time Preseason came around, when he was actually taught something unlike when he was at Uconn where the head coach was gone often and his assistants obviously knew jack **** about basketball, (you should inquire about a job by the way), he looked like an unstoppable force. Every pick lead to an open shot, layup, or alley oop. He peeled defenders off of our guards like a boss. Let me know if any of this was too hard for you to understand.
I really don't care what you're saying after that, I was joking around & you took it the wrong way.

Anyway Drummond is a good player & I look forward to another Cousins vs Monroe battle next season.

Rivera
06-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Did rivera just really say "can he be a top 10 center?"

Lmfao oh man.

People really haven't watched Drum if you ask questions like that. He'll show this year that he's a top 5 center. I mean his stats. already give you an example of how good he's going to be.

If he shows hes a top 5 center than my assesment was right. Cause the top 10 include the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Isnt that what top 10 means? Lmaooo oh man the nba fourm

jon32
06-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I think at some point in his career that he could be a top 3 center. Notta chance tho within 3 years, im thinkin more like .... double that

Clippersfan86
06-13-2013, 08:03 PM
And when people are snide *******s when they "misread" something of mine, they deserve whichever name I can possibly think of at the time.

LMAO. Seriously people on this forum are way too quick to talk **** or rip a post.. then when you get mad they say dumb crap like "I was just messing with you". Love the Zapp Brannigan sig BTW.

"Brannigan's law is like Brannigan's love, hard and fast"

rocket
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Because people don't think Drummond will be the best center in the league based off a rookie season on a terrible team. K.

Yes because I said that. No because of the stupid reasons people are giving as to why he won't be. I'm not bashing anyone for not agreeing that he will be a #1 center. Like using his ft% and saying he has no offense game which he doesn't need to be a great center.

rocket
06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
If he shows hes a top 5 center than my assesment was right. Cause the top 10 include the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Isnt that what top 10 means? Lmaooo oh man the nba fourm

Last year alone even while be limited to 20 minutes a game showed that he is already a top 10 center in the league.

SportsFanatic10
06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
he's got a lot of promise and i'll admit i haven't seen him play a ton, but i think top center in 3 years might be a little too optimistic.

RipCity32
06-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Bottom line is you would have to see him play more than just a few minutes to see his potential.Outside of Pistons fans obviously no one else cares about the Pistons right now.When Hes on the court he usually always looks like the best player out there and is still raw.In 3 years I really do see him being a top 3 center but I have also seen every minute of his NBA career.Too say he couldn't be the best center in the league in the near future is completely idiotic when you see this kid actually play a handful of games.

ThaDubs
06-13-2013, 09:01 PM

He'd have been a top 5 center already if he was given some actually minutes.

ThaDubs
06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Bottom line is you would have to see him play more than just a few minutes to see his potential.Outside of Pistons fans obviously no one else cares about the Pistons right now.When Hes on the court he usually always looks like the best player out there and is still raw.In 3 years I really do see him being a top 3 center but I have also seen every minute of his NBA career.Too say he couldn't be the best center in the league in the near future is completely idiotic when you see this kid actually play a handful of games.

I love the Pistons. Brandon Knight will be a great player (possible all-star), Andre will a dominant center, and Greg Monroe is already an AS caliber big man. You guys are actually pretty fun to watch IMO.

BHF
06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujXDYslm2I

this guy is better now and in 3 years from now he will still be a better player

ThaDubs
06-13-2013, 09:11 PM

No.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 09:12 PM

Better at what, Free Throws?

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Andre Drummond 2012-13 19 60 1243 21.6 .578 .610 15.4 27.2 21.2 4.1 2.5 6.1 12.2 17.2 114 99 2.2 2.3 4.5 .172
2 Jonas Valanciunas 2012-13 20 62 1482 15.6 .619 .557 9.6 20.5 14.9 5.0 0.6 4.2 17.4 16.9 113 106 2.5 1.5 3.9 .127

RipCity32
06-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Here comes the JVal vs Drummond argument again lol.

Tmath
06-13-2013, 09:18 PM
^ not this crap again lol.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
With the Zero Tolerance Policy, it might not be worth it :laugh2:

BHF
06-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Better at what, Free Throws?

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Andre Drummond 2012-13 19 60 1243 21.6 .578 .610 15.4 27.2 21.2 4.1 2.5 6.1 12.2 17.2 114 99 2.2 2.3 4.5 .172
2 Jonas Valanciunas 2012-13 20 62 1482 15.6 .619 .557 9.6 20.5 14.9 5.0 0.6 4.2 17.4 16.9 113 106 2.5 1.5 3.9 .127

better at everything other than jumping

Gators123
06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
:laugh:

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 09:34 PM
LMAO. Seriously people on this forum are way too quick to talk **** or rip a post.. then when you get mad they say dumb crap like "I was just messing with you". Love the Zapp Brannigan sig BTW.

"Brannigan's law is like Brannigan's love, hard and fast"

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law, I merely enforce it." - Zapp Brannigan.

Phenomenonsense
06-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Nothing worse than watching Pistons and Raptor home highlights.

kduce
06-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Val is going to be a great player too, but better then Drummond... i think not.

kenzo400
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM

45% isn't much better. The hack a Drummond strategy would still be excellent in the fourth.

kenzo400
06-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Here comes the JVal vs Drummond argument again lol.

Kind of silly for there to be an argument. JVal is obviously going to be a better player. He has a higher game IQ, and is a much more complete player.

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Kind of silly for there to be an argument. JVal is obviously going to be a better player. He has a higher game IQ, and is a much more complete player.

Why do you say he has a higher IQ?

Gators123
06-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Then explain why Drummond was better than Jval last year?

Val is older and has a few years of experience playing pro basketball. And he still wasn't as good as Drummond.

Phenomenonsense
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
45% isn't much better. The hack a Drummond strategy would still be excellent in the fourth.

People already tried Hack-a-Drum and he rewarded them with 6/10 fts I believe. 6 points on 5 possessions is not a bad offensive output.

selassi3
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Jonas Valunciunas Period, big men that can shoot free throws are a blessing.

Drummond can turn out into a Dwight Howard for the rest of his life. Jonas shot nearly 80%. Aside from free throws considering he's a euro player only playing in international competition prior to the NBA, he did pretty well in his first year in North America, when comparing the two. yall can keep sleeping tho

RipCity32
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Jonas Valunciunas Period, big men that can shoot free throws are a blessing.

Drummond can turn out into a Dwight Howard for the rest of his life. Jonas shot nearly 80%. Aside from free throws considering he's a euro player only playing in international competition prior to the NBA, he did pretty well in his first year in North America, when comparing the two. yall can keep sleeping tho

I don't think anyone is sleeping on JVal.His potential is ridiculous and why he doesn't get more recognition from the league is kinda strange.Both players will be more acknowledged after next season when they have both got to start a full season.

Vinny642
06-14-2013, 05:12 PM
He will be great if he keeps his drive up, to think we were one pick from getting him and Davis smh, that'd be the best PF-C combo within 3 years

Lake_Show2416
06-14-2013, 05:20 PM
not if Dwight stays healthy but Drummond should b a good center

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Within 3 years, nah.

But I think he's going to be really good.

He can be top 5 within 4 years though.

RiceOnTheRun
06-15-2013, 03:27 AM
I think I heard it somewhere on ESPN before, where these analysts were talking about Lebron's post game and how it took him so long to develop it. They were going on about how "Most kids don't understand they need to start working on their game when they're young."

If Andre Drummond dedicates himself to working on his post game with guys like Hakeem at this age, I can definitely see him being a dominant center. Another thing he has going for him, is that if he can take the minutes he had this year and not throw a hissy fit about it, it shows he can put the team ahead of himself and not want to play every minute of the game. Pistons really got a gem with this guy, he's gonna be great. Let's all just hope he stays healthy.

RipCity32
06-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I think I heard it somewhere on ESPN before, where these analysts were talking about Lebron's post game and how it took him so long to develop it. They were going on about how "Most kids don't understand they need to start working on their game when they're young."

If Andre Drummond dedicates himself to working on his post game with guys like Hakeem at this age, I can definitely see him being a dominant center. Another thing he has going for him, is that if he can take the minutes he had this year and not throw a hissy fit about it, it shows he can put the team ahead of himself and not want to play every minute of the game. Pistons really got a gem with this guy, he's gonna be great. Let's all just hope he stays healthy.

He's suppose to be training with him this summer.

jp611
06-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Yes, your intuitions and watching someone play is more of an educated reasoning then his PER 36 numbers and EVERYTHING he showed as a pro this year in limited minutes

You continue to make me laugh with this type of crap

rocket
06-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Yes, your intuitions and watching someone play is more of an educated reasoning then his PER 36 numbers and EVERYTHING he showed as a pro this year in limited minutes

Thank you. I don't say that much often to Bear fans ;)

Rivera
06-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Still bitter that i called kemba being a good pro n uconn winning it all that year i see. You always look to slight me so nothing you say ever bothers me enough to look at your posts and call out fraud on you like your obsession with me

Good day

Cal827
06-15-2013, 11:14 AM
LOL, Drummond and JV are going to be good. Then the Pistons/Raptors bait threads will start :D

Phenomenonsense
06-15-2013, 11:16 AM
LOL, Drummond and JV are going to be good. Then the Pistons/Raptors bait threads will start :D

Seems like Raptors like to bring up Drummond in their own threads, and even in Drummond threads at this point. It has already started.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Don't care if it's summer league... Dude just dropped 23 points, 18 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals. Couple days ago the man had like 16 rebounds, 7 blocks, 3 steals. I'm telling you guys... next great center. Up to 279 pounds with a much lower body fat than last year, work ethic doesn't seem to be the issue it was made out to be.

JEDean89
07-11-2013, 03:06 PM
He's going to be special. He should be shooting 500 free throws a day though.

D-Leethal
07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Jonas is way more skilled, Drummond has the ability to be way more dominant.

Dwight Howard > Brook Lopez.

Sly Guy
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
he'll be good, but don't count on hakeem turning him into anything. He's worked with a lot of people, but I have yet to see a second hakeem.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-11-2013, 03:09 PM
In 3 years....

Dwight Howard will still be the best center in the NBA.

What Piston fans can hope for us that Drummond will be a less atheletic, worse defensive version of Howard.

Howard will be 31 years old in 3 years and will still be a beast.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Also the think about Drummond is this...

He has nice tools, but doing in consistently while playing 35 minutes per night is a huge step to take.

We'll see if he can make that transition over the next couple of years.

Gators123
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
In 3 years....

Dwight Howard will still be the best center in the NBA.

What Piston fans can hope for us that Drummond will be a less atheletic, worse defensive version of Howard.

Howard will be 31 years old in 3 years and will still be a beast.

Have you watched Drummond play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvKrthuTFUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czs9XY6FRRw

Phenomenonsense
07-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Obviously he hasn't. 90% of people haven't seen him since Uconn.

chitownredbulls
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
U drunk? Just cause he had 16 rebounds in summer league? Lol

Clippersfan86
07-11-2013, 03:20 PM
U drunk? Just cause he had 16 rebounds in summer league? Lol

Did you read the first 7 pages?

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
:laugh: this thread never gets old.

GunFactor187
07-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Obviously he hasn't. 90% of people haven't seen him since Uconn.

I can agree with that, lol.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2013, 03:28 PM
:laugh: this thread never gets old.

It will be a classic PSD prophecy when it happens too.

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
If it happens within the next three years, I'll leave PSD. I guarantee he won't be the best center. As much as I love him on the court, I just don't see it happening.

Chronz
07-11-2013, 03:37 PM

I had my own prophecy (http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/threads/we-are-witnessing-a-star-in-the-making-his-name-is.57264/) 7 years ago with a similarly dominant center.....

oops

Deception
Drummond had 23 points 18 boards and 2 blocks today

Chronz
Would you guys trade Blake Griffin and DJ for Andre Drummond and Josh Smith?

BleedingGreen9
07-11-2013, 03:38 PM
i thin he will definitely be an elite defender and presence for years to come. Definitely has the potential to be top 3 maybe even the best if his offensive game improves

Clippersfan86
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
If it happens within the next three years, I'll leave PSD. I guarantee he won't be the best center. As much as I love him on the court, I just don't see it happening.

A "Big" D is going to probe NBA centers for years to come.

Munkeysuit
07-11-2013, 03:53 PM
3 years? hmmmm...maybe not, because that would add 3 years to Hibbert and Lopez's games as well and they are already much more advanced in their games than Drummond is,and still have much more to learn, although, I do see his potential, dude can be a lot more well rounded than those 2 other guys I've mentioned.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Yes I have.

I said less athletic than Dwight Howard...the most athletic C of all time.

The fact that I even mentioned him in the same sentence as far as athleticism is concerned shows just how athletic I know he is.

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 04:16 PM

Even if say the guy puts up 18/13/3/2/2 or something on top notch efficiency as the best defensive anchor in the game? That's a HOF center if he sustains and wins at a high level.

Top center within 3 years? Maybe. There aren't too many strong young centers outside from DMC, Hibbert and maybe Lopez. Let's not forget he's also 19. I do think it's a bit unlikely a 22 year old would be the best center in the NBA, but I think he could easily be top 10 as early as next year and depending on his offensive development, he might even have an argument for top 5 in a few years. He probably won't reach the level Shaq was at offensively, but to be fair, not many other centers in the history of the NBA can either. I think it's good Detroit's taking their time to develop him. Way too many young centers just aren't mature enough physically to handle banging bodies for an entire NBA season. He's still growing and he'll probably keep growing into a larger frame as well. To count him out completely would be ridiculous, I'd say unlikely to the whole best in the NBA thing, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

driz
07-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Watch Drummond's performance in the UConn dunk contest vs. Dwight's in the NBA dunk contests to rank athleticism.

Sure, Dwight is a physical freak. But Drummond just seems to have more athleticism. He pulls off the type of dunks SFs are pulling off...where Dwight was all about height and power.

Just my 2 cents in regards to athleticism.

JEDean89
07-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Drummond's combine leap was, 38 though he says he's hit 40, Howard's leap is 39.5 so they are about even in terms of hops. how someone of that size and athleticism was not taken in the top 3 shows how imperfect the draft is. Many scouts and GM's didn't want to take a risky pick, I had read a lot of Kwame Brown comparisons but the two are nothing like. Once the Pistons said that his work ethic wasn't only good, but great, his biggest concern, I knew he was going to be special. If all the C's in the league were 20 years old, I would take Howard, then Drummond. I hope to god Oden and Bynum get healthy, because then we would have Cousins, Bynum, Oden, Drummond, Hibbert and Howard all as oldschool, larger then life bigs.

dalton749
07-11-2013, 04:54 PM
if you really think 90% of people haven't seen Drummond play,
does that mean 99% of people haven't seen valanciunas play up in Canada?

ive yet to hear someone say they don't even know who Drummond is, but have heard it multiple times about valanciunas

just as much potential to be one of the best centers in the league, maybe not more dominant, but best two way center for sure

C_Mund
07-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Seems like Raptors like to bring up Drummond in their own threads, and even in Drummond threads at this point. It has already started.

Not all, but many Raps fans wanted Drummond over Ross last year. There are some that think Val/Drummond could have been a great duo and, to this point, Ross hasn't shown very much to justify passing AD up.

Chronz
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Drummond's combine leap was, 38 though he says he's hit 40, Howard's leap is 39.5 so they are about even in terms of hops. how someone of that size and athleticism was not taken in the top 3 shows how imperfect the draft is. Many scouts and GM's didn't want to take a risky pick, I had read a lot of Kwame Brown comparisons but the two are nothing like. Once the Pistons said that his work ethic wasn't only good, but great, his biggest concern, I knew he was going to be special. If all the C's in the league were 20 years old, I would take Howard, then Drummond. I hope to god Oden and Bynum get healthy, because then we would have Cousins, Bynum, Oden, Drummond, Hibbert and Howard all as oldschool, larger then life bigs.

Agreed 100%

rocket
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Would you guys trade Blake Griffin and DJ for Andre Drummond and Josh Smith?

**** no

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Those videos can be used for anyone... I could show you Cousins 36 - 22 Vs. Clippers, or 41-12 against Suns on 16-25 or another 34 - 14 game against Suns :shrug: or 38 Vs. Rockets :shrug:

rocket
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
People say things on here that doesn't even make sense. It's like they haven't even watched Drum play. Less athletic big man? Drum is more athletic than Howard right now. Drummond has dribbled the ball down the court as a one and just jammed in through the net. Show me when Howard can dribble it down the court like a 1 and do something or cut through the passing lanes and grab a pass and just dribble it down the court and dunk it. Top center in 3 years? I'll just say maybe.

Greet
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Seems like this is a bit of an overreaction thread.

But I did think Drummond was going to be better than Davis

KnokOut
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Saying top 10 center when a guy has this much upside and all around game already IS an insult TBH. Outside of the top 5 centers maybe... you're talking about a bunch of mediocre centers.

Howard
Noah
Hibbert
Cousins
Bumum
Gasol
Horford
Lopez
Duncan

Who else? Duncan will retire within 3 years for sure. Horford is a nice player but nothing special really. Lopez is a solid center offensively but has the defensive impact of Steve Nash a lot of times. Marc Gasol had worse per minute numbers than Drummond THIS YEAR, I don't expect it to change. Bumum's knees are falling apart faster than McDyess'.

I'm thinking his only competition will be Howard, Cousins and Hibbert in the next few years unless some great rookie centers come.

Pekovic is a top 10 C...

Greet
07-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Howard
Noah
Hibbert
Cousins
Bumum
Gasol
Horford
Lopez
Duncan

This isn't in order, right?

Lopez is only 25 btw, in 3 years he may be the best.

Gators123
07-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Those videos can be used for anyone... I could show you Cousins 36 - 22 Vs. Clippers, or 41-12 against Suns on 16-25 or another 34 - 14 game against Suns :shrug: or 38 Vs. Rockets :shrug:

What does that have to do with anything? The guy I responded to said Drummond isn't as athletic as Dwight. I just posted videos so he could see his athleticism...

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Why does that have to do with anything? The guy I responded to said Drummond isn't as athletic as Dwight. I just posted videos so he could see his athleticism...

Well, you did post 'top ten' videos..

RipCity32
07-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I've seen every minute of Drummonds pro career and I will say that he's more athletic than Dwight.

Gators123
07-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Well, you did post 'top ten' videos..

Did you want me to post a video of him airballing a FT to prove Dwight isn't more athletic than him? :shrug:

Chronz
07-11-2013, 06:43 PM
**** no

How about for just Drummond and Charlie V or something

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Did you want me to post a video of him airballing a FT to prove Dwight isn't more athletic than him? :shrug:

Yeah.

rocket
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
How about for just Drummond and Charlie V or something

Ahh. It's questionable, I'd probably take the offer right NOW.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

If it was in order why would I put Duncan last when he was arguably the most dominant bigman in the NBA this year?

True Sports Fan
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Cousins will be the best in three years, Lopez a close second though :D

BKLYNpigeon
07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Drummond is just a better version of Deandre Jordan.

raiderposting
07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I got Drummond as a top 3 center in 3 years