PDA

View Full Version : Nets still want Howard

joeystats
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Steve Kyler: Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn Twitter @stevekylerNBA

Steve Kyler: Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn Twitter @stevekylerNBA

joeystats
06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Steve Kyler: Brooklyn would have to complete a complex sign & trade to get at Howard, but sources say they are willing to do whatever it takes. Twitter @stevekylerNBA

NYKnickFanatic
06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I hope they can get him. Sign and trade for Brook. :cool:

Utd7
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
This would be stupid.

Jarvo
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
The Spurs? Hmmm. I rather have Al Jefferson because this guy is a diva.

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Go to the nets to play with a past his prime Joe Johnson, and a deron Williams who hasn't been good since he left jerry Sloan

Or

Play in Houston with James harden who hasn't even entered his prime yet, chandler parsons, and who ever they get for asik and lin

I don't think this is much of a decision

Dade County
06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
If he could end up on the Nets, that would be great for him... What Orlando did was conniving.

But i still think, he Howard wants to win a ring or two, he needs to sign with OKC or him and Cp3 needs to go to Houston.

Metsboi69
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Steve Kyler: Brooklyn would have to complete a complex sign & trade to get at Howard, but sources say they are willing to do whatever it takes. Twitter @stevekylerNBA

The Nets would have to get under the luxury tax to do a sign and trade, and it's not happening. NOT HAPPENING.

nycericanguy
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Howard to the Nets would be 100x harder than Cp3 to the Knicks.

Nets have nearly $90m committed not even counting their 1st round pick. In order to do a S&T they would need to get under the apron of $74m. Which would mean moving JJ without taking back another contract, or Humphries and Wallace, and even if they miraculously did that, if they were to do a S&T they would then be HARD CAPPED at $74m.

And the Lakers would have the same problem, they are above the apron and cannot do S&T's... and if they did, they would also be hard capped at $74m.

A S&T between these two teams would literally be the most complex trade in the history of sports.

kdspurman
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
The thread title seems a little misleading to what the tweet reads.

Who knows what this guy will decide to do. Before Dwight became what he has become, I was hoping he'd come to the Spurs once TD decided to retire. But now, I just don't see it. Though a team like the Spurs who keep to themselves would probably be just what he needs lol.

3RDASYSTEM
06-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Go to the nets to play with a past his prime Joe Johnson, and a deron Williams who hasn't been good since he left jerry Sloan

Or

Play in Houston with James harden who hasn't even entered his prime yet, chandler parsons, and who ever they get for asik and lin

HARDEN has entered his prime or whatever you trying to say

he won 6th man of yr with 2 other allstars and did what he did in HOUSTON this past yr, that's not going to change, only thing that changes is he shoots a better pct from field to take off load he has to carry now as opposed to OKC and that will come from the offseason roster upgrades

his game wont get no better, he'll only get worse via injuries and wear and tear of carrying a heavy load

HARDEN is primed right now, the only thing he will get better at his IQ style

Captain Moroni
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
If D12 wants Brooklyn so badly, sign a vet minimum contract to play there. Problem solved.

2-ONE-5
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
If he could end up on the Nets, that would be great for him... What Orlando did was conniving.

But i still think, he Howard wants to win a ring or two, he needs to sign with OKC or him and Cp3 needs to go to Houston.

coincidence that this idea comes from a heat fan?

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Or

he won 6th man of yr with 2 other allstars and did what he did in HOUSTON this past yr, that's not going to change, only thing that changes is he shoots a better pct from field to take off load he has to carry now as opposed to OKC and that will come from the offseason roster upgrades

his game wont get no better, he'll only get worse via injuries and wear and tear of carrying a heavy load

If you seriously think that James harden, after playing 1 full season as a starter and as the lead player, is in his prime, then you just don't know basketball and the meaning of prime. You can't even day a player is in his prime without seeing consistency, so far with just one season of averaging 20+ pts and all his other stats, ur are ready to say he's in his prime? How can he possibly be in his prime? Maybe he's in the prime of his life, but certainly not as a basketball player

Lebron James didn't even get into his prime until the last 4 years or so

I don't even know why I responded to this post. Not to mention you just said that he won't improve and he's probably not even 25 yet

Just stop talking guy

Max.This
aren't the nets over the cap by like 20-30 mil?

2-ONE-5

not sure if you know being in your prime means. Athletes dont enter their prime until 27.

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 11:26 AM

not sure if you know being in your prime means. Athletes dont enter their prime until 27.

Prime begins when a player has maxed out his skill level, and has consistent stats to show for it, and in comparison to his other years, the prime years show statistically that the player was playing at the highest level of his career

nycericanguy
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM

everyone's prime is different, Harden is probably beginning his prime now or should be entering it next year after a full season as starter.

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM

everyone's prime is different, Harden is probably beginning his prime now or should be entering it next year after a full season as starter.

He isn't beginning his prime yet, first, let's see how he plays when he has a second star on the court with him, and maybe a year or 2 after that, if we see some consistency in his stats and his game, we can consider it his prime

RLundi
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Not this again.

maddBat
06-13-2013, 11:46 AM
pls stop it. its been going on for 2-3 seasons already. he had his opportunity and blew it.

Robbw241
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Kyler is an attention whore. Does not surprise me it's coming from him.

PraiseJesus
06-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope the Nets take him

SlapintheClip
06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Kyler is an attention whore. Does not surprise me it's coming from him.

He's a big dooche, especially with his weekly chats, his attitude is horrible, why do chats if u don't like them?

Iron24th
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Lol another dwight to brooklyn thread

Stinkyoutsider
06-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I think the Nets slammed the door on a Howard move last offseason when Howard couldn't make up his mind. Instead, they gave big money to Lopez and now he's the franchise center. If I'm the Nets, I'm working with Lopez to continue developing his rebounding (should be a 20, 10 guy in the league).

Howard has really brought down his value to a club by all of the diva-like stuff he's pulled. But, we have to remember that last season was a season where he recovered from major surgery and will be much better next year as far as production. Teams like the Rockets and Hawks are willing to put up with all the diva stuff if he produces.

JEDean89
06-13-2013, 12:49 PM

thank you for announcing that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hellcrooner
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
****ing go to atlanta in a st wher lakers get teague and horford, then they have the cap to make it cp3, Smith, Howard.

2-ONE-5
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM

Physically you reach prime at the age of 27. Even if u wanna disagree for whatever reason to suggest Harden has reached his prime as a player still isnt true

Rockice_8
06-13-2013, 01:56 PM
If D12 wants Brooklyn so badly, sign a vet minimum contract to play there. Problem solved.

That's literally the only way it would happen. Close this thread cause it's just going to turn into a Nets bashing thread. Everyone knows the Nets wanted Dwight and everyone knows that ship has sailed the minute he opted in. They aren't getting Dwight so no need for this thread at all.

todu82
06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I think he goes to Houston. Doubt very much he goes to the Spurs. Howard seems like the opposite of what the Spurs would want in a player.

futureman
06-13-2013, 02:14 PM
They should've been patient. He would've been theirs if they were patient. I would wait 2 years for Howard if it was a for sure thing he was coming.

jezzyman05
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
The thread title seems a little misleading to what the tweet reads.

Who knows what this guy will decide to do. Before Dwight became what he has become, I was hoping he'd come to the Spurs once TD decided to retire. But now, I just don't see it. Though a team like the Spurs who keep to themselves would probably be just what he needs lol.

If Howard says he wants rings then the only teams that should be on his radar is OKC ( cash strapped) Miami ( cash strapped unless then somehow trade Bosh for just draft picks) and San Antonio that's it, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Brooklyn, LA shouldn't even be considered they do not have the championship contention that OKC, SAS, and Miami can offer. if Dwight dosent sign with OKC, SAS or Miami then he dosent want to win rings it's as simple as that.

Howard is an idiot ( which he has proven that he is) if he thinks San Antonio is not the best fit for him, he will have the best front office in the league ( arguably best in sports) he will have a hall of fame coach, future hall of fame PF in Tim, will have Green and Leonard, lockdown defenfers on the wings and most of all he will have the best point guard in the league in Tony Parker what's there not to like about that.

With all that being said, its almost to perfect that it will not happen because

1. Howard is an idiot and he doesn't know what he wants and his advisors are morons to to be advising Dwight on the stupid decisions.

2. He is all about himself and money this man cares about no one and to think that he will put that aside to the betterment of a team, especially a team like the spurs, is crazy.

3. This man plays with no heart to be a spur you need determination, work ethic, be coachable, and most of all you must have heart all of these Dwight Howard has proven that he lacks all these skills.

I would love to have Howard on this team, he is perfect for this team and we will win rings with this team the problem is and always will be Dwight Howard himself.

KingPosey
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM

That's dumb.

jezzyman05
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM

This is just a dumb post give credit where credit needs to be due.

James Harden is a star he was the third option on OKC now the go to guy in Houston and he didnt disappoint, this man has 7-9 star years left in him and if Houston goes out and gets Chris Paul then Harden could be the next 30 point scorer for years to come...

Houston should even bother with Dwight and go all out for Chris Paul, they have a solid center in Asik, Thomas Robinson will be a solid Power Forward Parson is a good wing scorer and most of All Harden is a superstar in the waiting can you imagine the type of team they will have if Paul joined them he could make them a solid playoff team still not as good as SAS or OKC but third or fourth best in the conference is a good foundation.

To say anything below that is just dumb Harden is borderline top 10 player and with one more year like this past year Harden will be one of the faces of the NBA Houston lucked out with Harden now if they can lure Paul then watch out.

jezzyman05
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM

If your good at something never do it for free or cheap......Dwight won't win titles in BKN so taking the minimum to play on a team that won't be nearly as competitive as playing for OKC, SAS, Miami is dumb

HouRealCoach
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
aren't the nets over the cap by like 20-30 mil?

Yeah I thought teams over the cap couldn't S&T?

IndyRealist
06-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Which means he will be a better player. If he's going to get better, how is he already in his prime? Players hit their prime around 27-28, stay there till about 31, then at some point in time start declining. Harden is 23.

IndyRealist
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah I thought teams over the cap couldn't S&T?

Over the luxury tax, not cap. And yeah the Nets are over the tax. Not trying to mince words, they're fundamentally different things.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Please take him. NOBODY out here will be burning their Howard jerseys trust me.