PDA

View Full Version : Would you be mad if your favorite team's HC got fired?

sunsfan88
06-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Read the poll question and choices before voting

It was shocking for me to see that Nuggets fans and Grizzlies fans weren't that upset when George Karl and Lionel Hollins got fired. To me, those two guys were among the top HCs in this league and did a great job with their respective teams.

It made me realize how as fans, most of us do not like the HCs of our favorite teams/we don't care if they got fired.

Coaches often become the scapegoat of the players not performing well or of there being limited talent on the roster.

So it begs the question, would you be content with your favorite team's FO if they fired the team's HC?

Aust
06-13-2013, 05:03 AM
I'm a Laker fan so....... no

kdspurman
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
I'd probably be a little upset

DenButsu
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
As a Nuggets fan, although my feelings are somewhat mixed, it was high time for the Nuggets and Karl to part ways. Letting him go was the right thing to do. If the goal is a championship (and it is, or at least it should be), the guy who failed to get his team beyond the first round 8 out of 9 times is not the guy who's going to lead you there -- even if he is this season's COY and a future HOFer.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
I would feel bad for Woodson because he certainly wouldnt deserve to be fired. But if the Knicks could get a good replacement, I wouldnt be too mad.

Gators123
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm already on the fire Mo Cheeks bandwagon and he was hired on Monday.

kdspurman
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm already on the fire Mo Cheeks bandwagon and he was hired on Monday.

:laugh:

3Blueforyou
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Fire casey!

Jtirado16
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
As a Lakers fan, I pray he gets fired everyday..

FYL_McVeezy
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
I would be slightly disappointed, but I wouldn't cry about as if I were a Spurs, Warriors, Pacers, or Bulls fan.

Jarvo
06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
I would cry myself to sleep and in the shower eating chips & ice cream in a huge bowl with soda in it if Pop gets fired.

Captain Moroni
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Woodson is a players coach, but in the playoffs he seemed overmatched at times. I'd keep him unless Phil Jackson was available.

abe_froman
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM
of course i'd be upset,very upset.i'd send death threats to the gm. thibs is one of the best things to happen to us in recent years

but for nugs fans,i can see why they wouldnt be. sometimes you wear out your welcome ,and the coach is the head everyone wants on a platter when they fail to win a championship...is it fair? usually not,but its who we blame

Captain Moroni
As a Lakers fan, I pray he gets fired everyday..

Still don't understand this hiring, just wait, now Dantoni will bring in "his" guys. People that can run his system.

Kobe, across mid court, passes to Chris Duhon, who gets it to Jared Jefferies who misses the layup.

Teeboy1487
Hell no. I would party if Dantoni was fired.

lamzoka
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
i guess im the only knicks fan who will be extremely happy if they fired woodson and replace him with shaw.

he might be the closest thing to phil jackson

sunsfan88
06-14-2013, 04:36 AM
I'd probably be a little upset

Wow if I was a Spurs fan, I would be more than just a little upset if Pop got fired.

jp611
06-14-2013, 04:38 AM
As a Bulls fan, I'd be a complete moron to not completely go ape **** if Thibs were fired. It would be the stupidest fire in the history of sports. I truly think Thibs will go down as one of the greatest coaches ever when it's all said and done. He's unreal.

MickeyMgl
06-14-2013, 05:14 AM
Are you kidding? I'm mad that Mike D'Antoni HASN'T been fired.

IndyRealist
06-14-2013, 06:08 AM
If the Pacers fired Vogel, I'd be surprised but not mad. He overcoaches and doesn't make good in-game adjustments. Great motivator, though.

IndyRealist
06-14-2013, 06:10 AM
i guess im the only knicks fan who will be extremely happy if they fired woodson and replace him with shaw.

he might be the closest thing to phil jackson

Do we think the Knicks could run triangle? I don't have any idea just asking if that's assumed.

RiceOnTheRun
06-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Still don't understand this hiring, just wait, now Dantoni will bring in "his" guys. People that can run his system.

Kobe, across mid court, passes to Chris Duhon, who gets it to Jared Jefferies who misses the layup.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

On another note, I wouldn't mind as long as it was someone who could do better. A proven coach who demands respect and discipline from his players. He needs to keep Melo, JR in line when they're chucking and iso-ing the ball. There aren't many out there, so I'm content with Woody and I enjoy him as a person. Coaching is the least of our problems anyways, it could definitely be better, but improving the team comes first.

SportsFanatic10
06-14-2013, 06:47 AM
i wouldn't mind at all in spo's case.

RiceOnTheRun
06-14-2013, 07:14 AM
i wouldn't mind at all in spo's case.

Out of the available coaches right now, who would you realistically replace him with?

SportsFanatic10
06-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Out of the available coaches right now, who would you realistically replace him with?

well i'd love for it to be riley but since he won't come back down to the bench i'd say trying to pry doc rivers out of boston like the clippers are doing would be my first choice. after that, there's the list of usual candidates maybe someone like karl, hollins, or sloan. but i've always liked shaw and want to see him get a chance, and even on the heats staff now fitzdale seems like he has potential. i'm of the opinion that it can't get much worse then spo.

RaiderLakersA's
06-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, I can't fire Jim Buss at this point, so.......

ManRam
06-14-2013, 08:06 PM
i still don't have an opinion about my team's head coach...

so i don't know. probably wouldn't care

OceanSpray
06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Fire Coach Spo? Hell yeah. His only play is to give James/Wade the ball and let them figure it out. Pathetic! He does the same game plan every single game regardless of the competition.

Jenceman
06-14-2013, 08:18 PM
As a Laker fan, whatever the opposite of mad/annoyed/dissapointed is

LionsFan..LOL
06-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Fire away. While at it fire the GM too.

cmellofan15
06-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Can't fire somebody who doesn't exist...so, nope.

JEDean89
06-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Well I'm a nuggets fan and couldn't be more thrilled.

sunsfan88
06-17-2013, 05:01 PM

Anyone is better than Spo.

MrfadeawayJB
06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
I hated to see Hollins go but I can understand the move. He talked bad about the new ownership when Gay was traded, only for the grizz to go further than ever before. The progressive thinkers in grizz brass have a plan and Lionel didn't want to go along with it.

I'll hold my judgement until a new hire is made and see how it pans out

deaner
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
As a Toronto fan I'm very happy with the way our new front office is shaping up but we MUST get rid of Casey if we are to get past being a 500 club.

blastmasta26
06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm ambivalent towards Woodson so it depends on the replacement.

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 08:20 PM
If the Pacers fired Vogel, I'd be surprised but not mad. He overcoaches and doesn't make good in-game adjustments. Great motivator, though.

Really? I think of Vogel as a top 5 HC in the NBA.

effen5
06-29-2013, 08:48 PM
They better have a very good reason why they would fire Thibs...Thibs to me is the most important person in the Bulls franchise right now.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 08:51 PM
I would not be happy if Spo was replaced. I get frustrated with him, but he has became a better coach after each season. He is still raw but he is young and learning quickly.

lol, please
06-29-2013, 08:54 PM
I would be upset, yes, but I can't speak for all the Warriors fans, some people in our forum want Jackson gone.

mzgrizz
06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I figured Hollins put the nail in his own coffin with the Grizz brass with his multiple unyielding stances and near arrogance. Why fly in their faces when they wanted(and did) do FO stuff like trade Rudy; use statistics for analysis and if you ever heard one of his post-games, he hardly ever was civil. Yes, he took them to this new consistent level but that was with Heisley's blessings. I really thought he was smarter .

MTL_123
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM
hellllllllllllllllllll Nooooooooooooooooooooo if spo got fired and we got george karl i would be sooooooooo happy it will be like we won another championship.

Aleksandar
06-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Obviously, I would be very mad if Rick Adelman got fired.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 10:35 PM
hellllllllllllllllllll Nooooooooooooooooooooo if spo got fired and we got george karl i would be sooooooooo happy it will be like we won another championship.

George Karl is a moron. He couldn't get things done with AI, Martin, Anderson, Melo. The guy is a joke. Same category as Mike D.

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I would be upset, yes, but I can't speak for all the Warriors fans, some people in our forum want Jackson gone.
What? Why?

He's the sole reason why you guys are relevent again...he made Curry good, Curry and Thompson were unknowns before he got there.

Clippersfan86
06-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Lakers fans be at peace. You just added Mark Madsen as your assistant coach. He will salvage your coaching staff.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Lakers fans be at peace. You just added Mark Madsen as your assistant coach. He will salvage your coaching staff.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If it is you have no idea what you are talking about. Madsen is an intelligent basketball mind, just didn't have the talent on the court. He was always a leader for the Lakers as well. He knows the organization and some players. It was a good addition

Clippersfan86
06-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If it is you have no idea what you are talking about. Madsen is an intelligent basketball mind, just didn't have the talent on the court. He was always a leader for the Lakers as well. He knows the organization and some players. It was a good addition

:rolleyes:. He's got strong pedigree fo sho. Towel waving champion.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 11:03 PM
:rolleyes:. He's got strong pedigree fo sho. Towel waving champion.

Ah you are so delusional. He is a low level assistant, but he brings a lot to the table with his intelligence. 1 decent regular season and LAC fans think they can trash the lakers. hahaha the results of both of your seasons was the same. At least LAL is putting themselves in position to improve. LAC has peaked, and well it was uneventful.