PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard help

TRF929
06-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Idk if this has been discussed before but what do you guys think about Howard shooting free throws Rick Barry style? He can't get much worse, so why not let him practice and try it. Yeah it'd be funny the first couple times he did it in a game but if it works he'll be helping his team much more. If he becomes an expert at the technique, no more hack-a-Howard. I think it'd be awesome, show people that old school can still work.

bholly
06-13-2013, 04:35 AM
He's said many times that it isn't his technique - because he shoots them fine in non-game situations (which other people have corroborated) - but rather it's a mental thing. Not sure a new technique would help with that. Seems unlikely, but who knows?

But yes it's been suggested a bunch of times before.

TRF929
06-13-2013, 05:01 AM
He's said many times that it isn't his technique - because he shoots them fine in non-game situations (which other people have corroborated) - but rather it's a mental thing. Not sure a new technique would help with that. Seems unlikely, but who knows?

But yes it's been suggested a bunch of times before.

Whatever he says is bull, he wanted to stay in Orlando too. In highschool he shot 90% at the line. Whether its mental or whatever other excuse he can come up with, it just isn't working. He needs to find something else he can do to increase his chances and "granny" is a way to do that

setman2000
06-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Wouldn't that up to Dwight to decide? Stupid thread.

c.c.
06-13-2013, 08:35 AM
I never understood why big men always been terrible free throw shooters

Becks2307
06-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I never understood why big men always been terrible free throw shooters

Big hands mostly. Its like a regular person trying to shoot a tennis ball.