PDA

View Full Version : The Heat aren't utilizing Chris Bosh correctly...

Wade#Heat
06-12-2013, 03:19 PM
No this isn't another Heat bash thread to clutter the forum. Just give me a quick opinion on what you think the Heat are doing wrong. Placing Bosh on the three point line proved to be very effective in the Indy series as Hibbert was forced to run out of the paint leading to more rebounding opportunities for the Heat. Obviously in this series, this method has not proved to work as Bosh has took a total backseat and looked like a total embarrassment. What I would suggest is for Bosh to play inside like a normal center would, so that our shooter have their necessary room, and it would provide him a chance for more rebounding opportunities. He is definitely not playing like a max contract guy and as a heat fan it is a total disgrace to see him play at this low of a caliber. He is deff the most important player on the Heat and we just need some solid appearances for the next couple game and we can easily dominate imo.

LAKobeBryant
06-12-2013, 03:27 PM
3 point line is the only place he's open. he can't go one on one against duncan.

mjt20mik
06-12-2013, 03:33 PM
3 point line is the only place he's open. he can't go one on one against duncan.

He can, and has gone against Timmy in the past (with the Raptors).

There are two problems right now with Bosh and the Heat. One, SPO does not run enough plays for him on the block. Two, Bosh takes too long to initiate his move which only causes problems for him.

sep11ie
06-12-2013, 03:36 PM
heat forum

Slug3
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Bosh is just not hitting his jumper. He was pretty solid during the season and it would open the lane for him to drive. But this post season he is not hitting the jumper even when he is open. Its mental now with him. I mean he was a 80% FT shooter for the season and he is now down to like 71% for the playoffs. All mental.

OceanSpray
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't really care for Bosh. It's LeBron who needs to step up. 100% LeBron is more than enough. He's not even 70% of what he usually plays like.

Shlumpledink
06-12-2013, 03:46 PM
They need to pair him with people that can't rebound or score, so he can be a 20/10 guy again

Sandman
06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Wade is hurt

Bosh is same as always, overmatched when his size is matched against real bigs

LeBron's drive and dish doesn't work against team's with real bigs & his jumpshot is unreliable

/thread

oh and Spoelstra's n00bness is only matched by Scott Brooks.

archdevil84
06-12-2013, 04:10 PM
heres a big story i thought of:

the Heat have a problem right now. And i think its team chemistry. It started all the way back to the winning streak. In the beginning it was fun and the Heat were looking scary good. The team chemistry was very high during the streak. Everyone had confidence and trust in each other. but as the streak continued the Heat got more and more pressured. Wade hurt his somewhere in the first game against Chicago. The heat needed game winners and miracle comebacks against teams like Cleveland and Orlando. And then game the second game against chicago. The heat were starting to get tired and nervous and to much pressure from the streak and the Bulls exposed a hole in the Heat. This is were it all started. Lebron got frustrated, the shots werent falling anymore, the Bulls were physical and Miami didnt know how to respond. The streak ended and so ended miami BIG momentum builder. In the first round they came out pretty easily against the bucks who were no threat realy. Then came the Bulls and i think everyone can agree that the Heat were hoping for the Nets. The bulls knew what had to be done to defeat Miami but because of all the injuries and Lebrons greatness the heat came out pretty solid. The damage was already done though. Chris bosh confidence was gone and all of a sudden Wade's injury seemed alot more serious. The pacers were the excellent PERFECT team to dig out the small hole that the Bulls created and use it to their advantage. And so it happened. Indiana's big man Hibbert absolutely abused Bosh in the series. Wade struggled, the shooters struggled and Lebron was the only BIG time player in that series. Somehow the heat survived a massive physical destroying series in which only Lebron, norris cole and the Birdman realy showed effort in games 1/6. In the meantime Greg popovich, one of the greatest coaches of all time sat and watched the series. And as soon as miami came out on top he probably knew exactly what to do. He knew that all the confidence was gone of miami. The chemistry was much lower then it was supposed to do. Shots werent falling, miami coudnt rebound a single miss. The finals began and already it showed what was happening. Miami played largely without energy, effort or confidence in each other. They looked lost and didnt know what to do. The spurs meanwhile knew exactly what to do. Take away more of the little remaining chemistry and confidence that there was left. And so it happened that the spurs won game 1. Miami responded big in game 2 (which in my opinion was largely thanks to D-Wade's speech at the beginning, no kidding!). In game 3 the spurs crushed miami and now their confidence is gone. Completely. Popo has probably watched al miami playoff games and saw it happening. The spurs are profiting from what the Bulls created and what the Pacers enlargened.

koreancabbage
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
no **** sherlock

archdevil84
06-12-2013, 04:13 PM
thats atleast what I think is happening, dont overreact if you think my post is ridicilous because i have been following NBA basketball for only a year so far

KingPosey
06-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Bosh was pretty successful going against big name PFs in TOT. He's an all star and a real player, that gets neglected because he has had to adjust so much, and I think it's changed him mentally.

I just don't get what an awful rebounder he has become, and don't point to the here point shooting, this has been trending for a while and I dont get it.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't really care for Bosh. It's LeBron who needs to step up. 100% LeBron is more than enough. He's not even 70% of what he usually plays like.

That's how u can tell ur more of a lebron fan, u gotta care about bosh man not just lebron

KingPosey
06-12-2013, 04:21 PM

the Heat have a problem right now. And i think its team chemistry. It started all the way back to the winning streak. In the beginning it was fun and the Heat were looking scary good. The team chemistry was very high during the streak. Everyone had confidence and trust in each other. but as the streak continued the Heat got more and more pressured. Wade hurt his somewhere in the first game against Chicago. The heat needed game winners and miracle comebacks against teams like Cleveland and Orlando. And then game the second game against chicago. The heat were starting to get tired and nervous and to much pressure from the streak and the Bulls exposed a hole in the Heat. This is were it all started. Lebron got frustrated, the shots werent falling anymore, the Bulls were physical and Miami didnt know how to respond. The streak ended and so ended miami BIG momentum builder. In the first round they came out pretty easily against the bucks who were no threat realy. Then came the Bulls and i think everyone can agree that the Heat were hoping for the Nets. The bulls knew what had to be done to defeat Miami but because of all the injuries and Lebrons greatness the heat came out pretty solid. The damage was already done though. Chris bosh confidence was gone and all of a sudden Wade's injury seemed alot more serious. The pacers were the excellent PERFECT team to dig out the small hole that the Bulls created and use it to their advantage. And so it happened. Indiana's big man Hibbert absolutely abused Bosh in the series. Wade struggled, the shooters struggled and Lebron was the only BIG time player in that series. Somehow the heat survived a massive physical destroying series in which only Lebron, norris cole and the Birdman realy showed effort in games 1/6. In the meantime Greg popovich, one of the greatest coaches of all time sat and watched the series. And as soon as miami came out on top he probably knew exactly what to do. He knew that all the confidence was gone of miami. The chemistry was much lower then it was supposed to do. Shots werent falling, miami coudnt rebound a single miss. The finals began and already it showed what was happening. Miami played largely without energy, effort or confidence in each other. They looked lost and didnt know what to do. The spurs meanwhile knew exactly what to do. Take away more of the little remaining chemistry and confidence that there was left. And so it happened that the spurs won game 1. Miami responded big in game 2 (which in my opinion was largely thanks to D-Wade's speech at the beginning, no kidding!). In game 3 the spurs crushed miami and now their confidence is gone. Completely. Popo has probably watched al miami playoff games and saw it happening. The spurs are profiting from what the Bulls created and what the Pacers enlargened.
Wow lol

LAKobeBryant
06-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Bosh was pretty successful going against big name PFs in TOT. He's an all star and a real player, that gets neglected because he has had to adjust so much, and I think it's changed him mentally.

I just don't get what an awful rebounder he has become, and don't point to the here point shooting, this has been trending for a while and I dont get it.

all past tense. yes, i recall he was a top pf in the league when he played for raptors. but he's plays more like a sf more than a centre. don't count on him to step up inside. he's just going continue shooting jumpers, when he has a big game it comes from sinking jump shots.

LAKobeBryant
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
wow lol

lol

lavilevi23
06-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Dude no disrespect but that a bunch of BullSSSShit

archdevil84
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Dude no disrespect but that a bunch of BullSSSShit

i dont know man, this is what i think i happening to the heat team right. they just dont seem to be that team that was playing like during the streak and i think the bulls and pacers series are the reason for it

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I think the LeBron-Bosh pick and roll should be much more of a weapon. It seems Bosh is nothing but a kickout option and stand-still floor spreader. Basically a glorified Haslem on offense. They need to get him involved in the offense more for sure. I still think Bosh is very capable of being one of the best 4s in the league.

2-ONE-5
06-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Miami does have their own forum...

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Miami does have their own forum...

Today, this is their forum.

Tony_Starks
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Bosh is getting a lot of unfair criticism. They rarely run plays to get him on the block. They've pretty much turned him into Big Z. The Spurs are at the point where they aren't even guarding him, allowing them to pack the paint.

Slug3
06-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Bosh is getting a lot of unfair criticism. They rarely run plays to get him on the block. They've pretty much turned him into Big Z. The Spurs are at the point where they aren't even guarding him, allowing them to pack the paint.

And he is capable of hitting that open jumper. He just has not been. Can't really change that or make an excuse why cause its his shot.

selassi3
06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm from Toronto and have always thought this but who gives a crap, once you leave there goes your legacy just look at the track record, Damon Staudamire, Tmac, Vince, Bosh. If anyone cared to realize Chris Bosh was the #1 option on the Raptors for pretty much his first 7 years, meaning when he got the ball, he found ways to score. Pick and roll, isolate baseline or top of the key, put him in a high low, take a man off the dribble on his first step, whatever, numbers do not lie. All I see in Miami is a PG in Chalmers that doesn't understand his team mates, two superstars in Wade and Lebron who only see themselves when on the court at times, and a bunch of role players who are inconsistent with maybe the exception of Norris Cole. This series is coming down to COACHING, plain and simple. Spoltra needs to take a look at some Bosh film so he can better utilize his talents, however if it's any one that can figure out a way to stop the Miami Cheat, it's Pop.

MDD
06-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Bosh have always played horrible going up against Duncan

amos1er
06-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Of course they are not. They are running the "Lebron System" where every player sees a significant reduction in their stats in order to boost Lebron's.

Side note...

Lebron leads the Heat in rebounds. The Heat are at the bottom of the league in rebounds. What conclusion can we draw from this? Hmmmmm

SportsFanatic10
06-13-2013, 12:57 AM
i dont know man, this is what i think i happening to the heat team right. they just dont seem to be that team that was playing like during the streak and i think the bulls and pacers series are the reason for it

wade's knee is the reason for it, it's pretty simple. although i'd say bosh did kinda lose his confidence and therefore his game getting banged around by the bulls/pacers bigs the last few rounds.

koreancabbage
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Bosh have always played horrible going up against Duncan

before this series, bosh has simply outplayed Tim Duncan in the last few meetings. stats back it up. so you are incorrect my friend.

lamzoka
06-13-2013, 01:18 PM
i think they should start mike miller or ray allen and have dwade come off the bench.

better spacing for the team and lebron wont have to deflect to wade or go out his way trying to get him going early in the game. plus wade get to run the team with the second unit. but he must accept the 6th man role for it to work

JC_
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
They might not be utilizing him the best way but games 2 and 3 were fine. Yes, he missed a few jumpers at the start of last game but those are still high % shots. He played great defense game 2 and pretty-good d last game. If Lebron had stepped up and played like we know he can and if Miami had guarded the Spurs at the 3pt line, things would have be drastically different.

Wade and co need to stop jumping at every pump fake and they also need to stop turning the ball over by jumping on offense while trying to pass the ball.

Nick O
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
bosh has enough offensive skill to go against duncan ... hes just struggling a bit. hes get his *** inside. he is rebounding better this series though.

bleedprple&gold
06-13-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't think Bosh is being misutilized, honestly he is just not that good. We can all see now that he was just putting up good numbers on a bad team with the Raptors and has always been overrated. Tell me one thing he does well? He's soft, sub par defender, can't rebound, no post game. The only thing he can do is shoot jump shots, wow lots of guys in the league can do that. And now that he thinks he's a 3-point shooter his shooting has been hurting the team more than helping. Overpaid and overrated!