PDA

View Full Version : Source: Jason Kidd to be hired as the new coach of the Brooklyn Nets

OneGiantLeap
06-12-2013, 11:31 AM
According to a report from The Philadelphia Inquirer's Joseph Gambardello, Jason Kidd and the Nets are finalizing a three-year deal for the former point guard to become their head coach just weeks after his retiring as a player. That's according to a source who also said "an announcement is expected this week."

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2013/06/brooklyn_nets_will_hire_jason.html

:clap:

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Wow, that's shocking. But congrats to him, hopefully he does well!

EDIT: Don't know how they could decide this, without meeting with Shaw first. :confused: Let's see what happens.

SlimKid
06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Seems a little crazy, but good luck to him. Should be interesting

Metsboi69
06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
There still interviewing Shaw today according to just about everyone, so this seems a little premature.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-12-2013, 11:42 AM
No way??? Is this real?

FYL_McVeezy
06-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Friend of mine who works for the Nets told me this was a done deal yesterday afternoon....looks like he wasnt bullshitting me LOL

BigCityofDreams
06-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Will Patrick ever get a chance to be a head coach?

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM

Ewing doesn't have the charisma to be a head coach. But he should be upset - he has tons of experience and paid his dues on big time playoff teams and had to settle for Bobcats ****ing assistant and before the ink dries on Kidd's retirement papers he gets a head coaching gig for playoff team.

I do think bringing Lawrence Frank is a good move, and I do think Kidd will be a great coach.

The only thing that comes to mind is that Kidd is already really good friends with DWill. Can you truly coach a guy you are buddies with and go out partying in the Hamptons with?

BigCityofDreams
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Ewing doesn't have the charisma to be a head coach. But he should be upset - he has tons of experience and paid his dues on big time playoff teams and had to settle for Bobcats ****ing assistant and before the ink dries on Kidd's retirement papers he gets a head coaching gig for playoff team.

I do think bringing Lawrence Frank is a good move, and I do think Kidd will be a great coach.

The only thing that comes to mind is that Kidd is already really good friends with DWill. Can you truly coach a guy you are buddies with and go out partying in the Hamptons with?

Yea the friendship with Dwill would be hard to deal with. How can you criticize him but then be friends with him afterwards. I look forward to seeing how he does since he has never coached before.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
The guy has a great basketball mind, I would wish him all the success in the world if he wasnt coaching a division rival lol

2-ONE-5
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
LOL Nets

for weeks the Nets trolls have been saying we can buy any coach we wan; Sloan, Jackson, etc.. and they get Kidd and they're all gonna procalim him the next big thing

Knick_Fever
06-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Take this report with a grain of salt, multiple nets beat writers are refuting this. The Nets are also set to interview Brian Shaw today.

Rotoworld.com

JiffyMix88
06-12-2013, 11:59 AM

I've seen his interviews on NBATV and he doesn't speak real well or clearly enough to get his point out and across. While he was showing some moves Dwight should do on the NBATV court I lost track of what he was saying because he was stuttering and mumbling through the workout.

Avenged
06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Don't get why the Nets would take a huge risk like this..

Sadds The Gr8
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
if management wants to win now, like they're saying they are, then this hire makes no sense. If they were a rebuilding team I would've liked it, but not in the situation they're in now.

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I've seen his interviews on NBATV and he doesn't speak real well or clearly enough to get his point out and across. While he was showing some moves Dwight should do on the NBATV court I lost track of what he was saying because he was stuttering and mumbling through the workout.

He did the same when he was doing some Knick broadcasts. It was hard to watch. You definitely get the sense he probably doesn't interview very well.

ManningToTyree
06-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Now it makes sense why he retired when all the speculation was he would come back. I would say good luck but I wouldn't mean it lol

oak2455
06-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Did you watch him on post game ? Couldn't understand him

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
if management wants to win now, like they're saying they are, then this hire makes no sense. If they were a rebuilding team I would've liked it, but not in the situation they're in now.

if you expect immediate results with the kidd hiring. i can't help you. But if you look at the big picture. this is a great hire. forget the assistant experience ok. jason kidd has assistant experience by being a player and sitting on the bench. you dont think kidd helps with game planning or saying what he sees on the court?? just because he's in uniform doesn't mean he doesnt have assistant coaching experience. i look at this kidd hiring as a 3 year plan. year 1- win division and playoff round. year 2- eastern conference finals. year 3 championship squad. there is no reason kidd can't do that. larry bird was an excellent head coach. had 2 great assistants in carlisle and harter. he knew how to let his assistants do their job. most of you doubting the kidd hire wanna win a championship now and dont wanna be patient.

Jarvo
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Bad idea.

J4KOP99
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Don't get any dui's this summer Jason.

Sadds The Gr8
06-12-2013, 12:19 PM
if you expect immediate results with the kidd hiring. i can't help you. But if you look at the big picture. this is a great hire. forget the assistant experience ok. jason kidd has assistant experience by being a player and sitting on the bench. you dont think kidd helps with game planning or saying what he sees on the court?? just because he's in uniform doesn't mean he doesnt have assistant coaching experience. i look at this kidd hiring as a 3 year plan. year 1- win division and playoff round. year 2- eastern conference finals. year 3 championship squad. there is no reason kidd can't do that. larry bird was an excellent head coach. had 2 great assistants in carlisle and harter. he knew how to let his assistants do their job. most of you doubting the kidd hire wanna win a championship now and dont wanna be patient.

I don't, which is my point. With the owner pressuring to win a title, I thought they should've went with someone more experienced.

KnickaBocka.44
06-12-2013, 12:19 PM

The age of the Nets roster doesn't really allow for this kind of planning.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Has a player ever played the previous year and then coached the following year? Pretty cool

Lakers Ghost
06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
clearly Nets dont want to win or they wouldnt be making this move and taking a huge risk:cool:

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Has a player ever played the previous year and then coached the following year? Pretty cool

i think lenny wilkens was a player coach. then became full time head coach. and look how he turned out.

jamesdiego
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
This is completely laughable. Nets are a disaster

shep33
06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Don't like this move for them at all if it's true. Why not get an established coach?

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 12:42 PM
The age of the Nets roster doesn't really allow for this kind of planning.

deron is 28. lopez is 25. that's the core. marshon brooks is 24(if he is part of the future). i dont care who the coach is right now. they aren't winning a ship immediately. and who knows. it may only take kidd 2 years to get the results u want.

gatkins11
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
don't get any dui's this summer jason.

lol

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Be scared guys be very scared, if I was any of you I would be trying not to **** my pants. This sets us over the top

todu82
06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Jason Kidd's a heck of a player but I'm not sure he should be hired as a coach so soon after his retirement.

Max.This
06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
The nets are going to get pummeled and its not even going to be funny. Lets be real, this isnt Spo, I mean Spo has been following coaches his whole career and he only accrued his accolades because he was given a superteam. He's going to get fired mid season

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
larry bird took over for larry brown and did quite well. bird had 0 experience. i think this situation is easier than a young rebuilding team. when your a young team, your constantly teaching and coaching. when you have a veteran pg like deron. you can discuss x's and o's. strategies. he gets your language. a young point guard may not. lopez is getter better and better.

maddBat
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
this can only make us better. we had a **** coach in carlisimo whos offense was iso all day. only nets fans understand he was terrible. every1 from the outside thinks he was an awesome coach just b.c of his win/loss percentage.

2-ONE-5
06-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Be scared guys be very scared, if I was any of you I would be trying not to **** my pants. This sets us over the top

hahahahahahahahhahahahahaaahahahahahaha

From Jackson to Sloan, to Kidd. Again ahahhahahahahahahahaha

Knick_Fever
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM

:laugh:

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Just imagine years of playing in the game the offense Kidd thinks can win bball games or the defense? Guys IQ for the game is unbelievable.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Well as a sixer fan I do not have to worry about the Nets for the next 3 years... Good Job :clap:

Just idiotic move by their organization.

LAKobeBryant
06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
He's hired.

b_russ
06-12-2013, 01:35 PM

How Avery Johnson was ever a head coach baffles me.

RLundi
06-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow between taking on JJ, giving Brook the max, and now hiring Kidd as a head coach, the Nets have solidified themselves as one of the worst-run organizations in the NBA.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Kidd is going to outcoach his opponent every night, im curious in late game situations what that great Mind of Kidd can think up. Kidd's jersey will be retired some time next year aswell.

kozelkid
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow between taking on JJ, giving Brook the max, and now hiring Kidd as a head coach, the Nets have solidified themselves as one of the worst-run organizations in the NBA.

Haha, no kidding. They've officially taken the title from the Knicks.

I'm usually for hiring new blood when it comes to coaching, but Kidd has ZERO experience as a coach. Good luck to him with that mediocre roster.

Bruno
06-12-2013, 01:47 PM

new ownership seems keen on high risk/high reward.

KnickaBocka.44
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
deron is 28. lopez is 25. that's the core. marshon brooks is 24(if he is part of the future). i dont care who the coach is right now. they aren't winning a ship immediately. and who knows. it may only take kidd 2 years to get the results u want.

Deron has already shown signs of decline though. You are asking him to be better at 30 than he was at 26/27 and that isn't probable. Plus you need more than D-Will, Brook and Brooks (who hasnt proved much) and youll have 2 max deals already on the books.

KnickaBocka.44
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Just imagine years of playing in the game the offense Kidd thinks can win bball games or the defense? Guys IQ for the game is unbelievable.

Where was this praise last offseason?

colinskik
06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't think his lack of actual coaching experience necessarily means he won't be a good coach. If you've played the game for that long at a professional level, especially at the PG position, you know what it takes to beat an opponent.

My biggest concern is how his relationships with Deron and maybe some of the other players affects him as a coach. I just can't see him taking on that authority figure position while still being boys with Deron.

End of the day, if Lawrence Frank comes on as an assistant, his rapport with Kidd with will make Kidd's inexperience negligible.

BigBlueCrew
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just make sure you guys dont hit rock bottom.

macc
06-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Two things, 1) I don't think I've ever seen a player get a coaching gig the year after he retires and 2) I think Kidd is going to be a great coach, not good coach, GREAT coach.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
You guys dont need to have concerns as not fans of the Nets you are looking at it in a negative way because you are trying to make yourself feel better about this. Your mind wont allow you look at it in a positive way and say Kidd has pretty much been credited as one of the best minds in the game and has been sucessful at everything he has done. You know deep down this is going to pan out REAL well for the Nets and because of this you try to look at every negative and run with it except any positive at all.

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Deron has already shown signs of decline though. You are asking him to be better at 30 than he was at 26/27 and that isn't probable. Plus you need more than D-Will, Brook and Brooks (who hasnt proved much) and youll have 2 max deals already on the books.

ahh but see, that's where kidd comes in. kidd will teach deron how to play with his mind, not just his athleticism. i see deron taking his game to a whole new level under kidd. a game where he can be effective in his 30s

daboywonder2002
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Two things, 1) I don't think I've ever seen a player get a coaching gig the year after he retires and 2) I think Kidd is going to be a great coach, not good coach, GREAT coach.

lenny wilkens

JerseyPalahniuk
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
You guys dont need to have concerns as not fans of the Nets you are looking at it in a negative way because you are trying to make yourself feel better about this. Your mind wont allow you look at it in a positive way and say Kidd has pretty much been credited as one of the best minds in the game and has been sucessful at everything he has done. You know deep down this is going to pan out REAL well for the Nets and because of this you try to look at every negative and run with it except any positive at all.

DMF, serious question man. Do you have some sort of Napolean complex? You constantly have a "You All" vs "me" attitude when anythign regarding the nets make up. There were quite a few comments on here wishing good luck, some even complimenting him as a future coach. I'm not talking specifically about this thread though. No one was was a Net hater on PSD before you came along. You didn't make the Nets "relevant" as you like to assert, but you made them hated by the casual PSD poster. Chill out dude, let's just enjoy the season/off-season. No need to be so aggressive.

yungincome
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM

:laugh2:

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
DMF, serious question man. Do you have some sort of Napolean complex? You constantly have a "You All" vs "me" attitude when anythign regarding the nets make up. There were quite a few comments on here wishing good luck, some even complimenting him as a future coach. I'm not talking specifically about this thread though. No one was was a Net hater on PSD before you came along. You didn't make the Nets "relevant" as you like to assert, but you made them hated by the casual PSD poster. Chill out dude, let's just enjoy the season/off-season. No need to be so aggressive.

If one FAN can make an entire website hate the Nets then that isnt my problem that is their problem.

Lake_Show2416
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
would b a stupid hirer, Nets are a seasoned team, not a young team that could grow with an inexperienced coach, another miss on the Nets part, should have went for a veteran coach but now the Nets r stuck waiting for Kidd to develop into a good coach which will take some time

colinskik
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
If one FAN can make an entire website hate the Nets then that isnt my problem that is their problem.

It’s not your problem or anyone’s problem. You’re just an annoyance who, by association, creates dislike for a certain team.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 02:37 PM
It’s not your problem or anyone’s problem. You’re just an annoyance who, by association, creates dislike for a certain team.

Cool, im glad im repping my team well. We arent looking to have other teams like us. If the Nets players knew what I was doing they would be proud. I took the Nets from a team that nobody talked about on this site untill the most talked about team on here. People are now watching Nets games too hope and pray they lose because of me. I love it.

2-ONE-5
06-12-2013, 02:49 PM
lets be real tho it really doesnt matter who coaches this Nets team bcuz they are from being a contender.

BigBlueCrew
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
lets be real tho it really doesnt matter who coaches this Nets team bcuz they are from being a contender.

exactly :laugh:

*Superman*
06-12-2013, 02:53 PM

Exactly.

Great for Kidd, going to be awesome still seeing him stick around with the league.

BigBlueCrew
06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Cool, im glad im repping my team well. We arent looking to have other teams like us. If the Nets players knew what I was doing they would be proud. I took the Nets from a team that nobody talked about on this site untill the most talked about team on here. People are now watching Nets games too hope and pray they lose because of me. I love it.

Nah, no-one is talking about the Nets. They're talking about you and you my friend need help if you correlate that into talking about the Nets :crazy:

colinskik
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Not to burst your bubble, but the rebranding/location change was what upped the popularity of the Nets on this site.

I started watching more games cause they’re in my backyard now. It had not even one iota to do with you. Get over yourself … I was in the minority on this site of people who didn’t mind your antics, but when you post untrue arrogant shiiit like this I understand the hate directed toward you.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 03:02 PM
or we can just hire shaw and have kidd come in as a assistant coach.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
if they hire him i don't see it working out, i would love for it to work but i don't see it.

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM

I don't think people hate the Nets, I think they just hate YOU...and Wavey.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't think people hate the Nets, I think they just hate YOU...and Wavey.

:laugh: the truth.

WITZ
06-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Best of luck to Kidd but has this ever happened before, player retires than like a month later he gets a head coaching gig :laugh2:

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
:laugh: the truth.

Haha every team has those fans that people can't stand.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
like someone in the nets forum said, i hope this is a smoke screen.

KnickaBocka.44
06-12-2013, 03:16 PM

You don't know anything about how they would feel about your constant trolling because they don't care about you as an individual, only as someone who will spend your money on tickets and merchandise.

I have tried to explain this to you before; you are not affiliated with this team in any way other than being a fan of them.

Nothing you do or say effects the Nets in a positive or negative way, other than annoying other people to the point that they hope your team loses so they don't have to put up with your B.S. for a day.

I tried to ask you earlier; where was this love for Kidd and his understanding of the game last offseason when he signed for the Knicks? Or when he was hitting game winners against your Nets?

You badmouthed him all year and now that he is your coach you can't stop praising him. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site by a country mile. You even went back on your word when you had bet that you would leave the site when the Nets lost to the Bulls. A total joke.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
You badmouthed him all year and now that he is your coach you can't stop praising him. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site by a country mile. You even went back on your word when you had bet that you would leave the site when the Nets lost to the Bulls. A total joke.

Woah didnt know that. Find another forum to troll dmf. We'll retire your username here and put t in the rafters. Time to move on to something else. *****?
Edit: haha apparently other forum names are censored here but just google basketball forums! A whole online community to spread the nets homerism. I dare you to post regularly on nets daily.com though hahaha

colinskik
06-12-2013, 03:24 PM
You don't know anything about how they would feel about your constant trolling because they don't care about you as an individual, only as someone who will spend your money on tickets and merchandise.

I have tried to explain this to you before; you are not affiliated with this team in any way other than being a fan of them.

Nothing you do or say effects the Nets in a positive or negative way, other than annoying other people to the point that they hope your team loses so they don't have to put up with your B.S. for a day.

I tried to ask you earlier; where was this love for Kidd and his understanding of the game last offseason when he signed for the Knicks? Or when he was hitting game winners against your Nets?

preach!

oak2455
06-12-2013, 03:39 PM
anybody with Do Me and referring to a guy must be crazzzzy :laugh:

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 03:42 PM

dude I am not being a hypocrite, Kidd was horrible this past season as a player. Now that he is a coach he can go to his strenghts. He was horrible this past year. But now he is back home where he always wanted to be.

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2013, 03:44 PM

FACTS!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m48i4lupW11rryuhyo1_500.gif

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2013, 03:46 PM
dude I am not being a hypocrite, Kidd was horrible this past season as a player. Now that he is a coach he can go to his strenghts. He was horrible this past year. But now he is back home where he always wanted to be.
I love how you ignored this:

You even went back on your word when you had bet that you would leave the site when the Nets lost to the Bulls. A total joke.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I love how you ignored this:

I didnt go back on it, I stated before the series was over that the deal is off because of the fact that Bulls mods couldnt control themselves. If I left this site then only then I would go back on my word.

futureman
06-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I give it 2 more years before the team totally implodes and D-Will is traded.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 04:08 PM
when im a millionaire im going to buy the team and actually get my team a true championship run.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 04:21 PM
when im a millionaire im going to buy the team and actually get my team a true championship run.

you need to be a billionaire to do that

KnickaBocka.44
06-12-2013, 06:51 PM

He was anything but horrible all year. You seriously don't know your *** from your elbow.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 06:53 PM

This is a pretty ignorant statement. Especially the "giving Brook the max" comment. Like he didnt prove his worth last year.... :rolleyes:

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2013, 06:57 PM
this will be interesting! it's gonna be weird seeing him as a coach instead of a player so soon after retirement lol.

ChitownBears22
06-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I like it. I am a fan of not going through the recyle bin for a new coach. Kidd maybe should have done a couple years as a AC, but who cares now. He must have impressed ownership more than the other candidates.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I like it. I am a fan of not going through the recyle bin for a new coach. Kidd maybe should have done a couple years as a AC, but who cares now. He must have impressed ownership more than the other candidates.

Supposedly Kidd might have a stellar lineup of assistant coaches. I'd love to hear what's Shaw has in mind for his staff, it might be the deciding factor ultimately.

RLundi
06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
This is a pretty ignorant statement. Especially the "giving Brook the max" comment. Like he didnt prove his worth last year.... :rolleyes:

I meant no disrespect. But you have to admit, the JJ trade was a bad one, as was the Wallace trade. And then to further add to the financial woes, signing Lopez to a max contract, further handcuffing their spending ability, seems like mismanagement to me.

Hopefully these Kidd reports are premature, because that would be icing on the cake. Proky is bold, no dispute. But the moves haven't worked out.

nycericanguy
06-12-2013, 07:17 PM

How would you feel about this move though if Kidd wasn't a former Net great? Would you want Grant Hill to be your coach a week after retiring?

I mean he's got a great basketball mind, but coaching at the NBA level with ZERO experience?

THE MTL
06-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Jason Kidd might be a basketball genius but even a genius must have experience and study (maybe not as much as others but its still needed). The Nets are (or "were") trying to win now, but I guess not.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I meant no disrespect. But you have to admit, the JJ trade was a bad one, as was the Wallace trade. And then to further add to the financial woes, signing Lopez to a max contract, further handcuffing their spending ability, seems like mismanagement to me.

Hopefully these Kidd reports are premature, because that would be icing on the cake. Proky is bold, no dispute. But the moves haven't worked out.

First off, I'll give you the Wallace trade. It was bad then and bad now but if it was a big piece in convincing DWill to stay, I think it's not as bad. JJ is basically the same scenario, we're in cap constrains anyway, adding him to make sure DWill stays (as well as acquiring a pretty solid SG) is worth it to me. Wallace and JJ basically had their worst year last year on the Nets. This team hasn't even been able to full grasp some chemistry as well as consistency with a true coaching staff. No team (besides the Heat) can just win over night. I'm not sure the Nets are true championship contenders but it's so much better than wonder where we'll be in the lottery year in and year out. I think they'll be much improved next season (let's not forget DWill was barely healthy, he finally came along in the last two months).

And we can't say for sure Kidd will be a bad coah, that itself is premature. That could have easily been said about Mark Jackson as well as Larry Bird. I'm not sure what to make of him as a coach yet but with a great staff I think he can be successful in the future. Only time will tell on all of these things, I think you need to give it time.

THE MTL
06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Either way you look at it. I think we can all agree the Nets took a step back. Now, it might get them a few steps forward in the future, but they DEFINITELY took a step back.

In the East, its pretty much Miami, New York Knicks, Chicago, and Indy for the time being.

oak2455
06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I like the rumor of Doc Rivers might be let out of his contract , Knicks should be all over that

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Either way you look at it. I think we can all agree the Nets took a step back. Now, it might get them a few steps forward in the future, but they DEFINITELY took a step back.

In the East, its pretty much Miami, New York Knicks, Chicago, and Indy for the time being.

Why the Knicks? They're losing a pretty significant portion of their core once JR goes to a team for a bigger contract.

I think your view of these coaches is a bit off. I like Shaw a lot but it's not like he's gunna bring the Nets closer to competing for a championship than Kidd is. Ultimately, the only coach who could do so is Phil Jackson.

If anything, it's Indy, Miami, and the Bulls controlling the East until something dramatic happens with one of the NY teams.

GiantsSwaGG
06-12-2013, 07:52 PM

What happen to the Kidd is a bad role model, he got caught with a dwi and beat his wife talk?

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 07:57 PM

Took a step back so PJ and Avery were better than Kidd?

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 07:57 PM
What happen to the Kidd is a bad role model, he got caught with a dwi and beat his wife talk?

If his mentoring can help the likes of JR and Melo not be complete knuckleheads on the court and actually look to be team players, something many coaches (including George Karl) couldn't do, then I have hopes for him being a good coach.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I like the rumor of Doc Rivers might be let out of his contract , Knicks should be all over that

I thought Woodson was one of the best coaches of this generation?

R. Johnson#3
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM

No, his wife beat him.

R. Johnson#3
06-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I can see Kidd being a good coach.

rocket
Lets see what happens

JOhnnyTHaJet

Would be a great hire for you guys (obviously for any team) but I don't think he wants to coach against the C's. I see him out West, most likely with the Clippers or Nuggets.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 08:02 PM
How would you feel about this move though if Kidd wasn't a former Net great? Would you want Grant Hill to be your coach a week after retiring?

I mean he's got a great basketball mind, but coaching at the NBA level with ZERO experience?

Probably not because I dont know Grant Hill I watched Kidd for 8 years as a Net. I know the way he worked with the players and his leadership. That is why I want Kidd, I trust him.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Jason Kidd it is. Stefan Bondy and Peter Vescey now confirming.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 08:10 PM
IMA PARTY AND BULL **** IMA PARTY AND BULL **** YEAH!!! Im going to go pick up a nice bottle of Gray Goose

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 08:12 PM
IMA PARTY AND BULL **** IMA PARTY AND BULL **** YEAH!!! Im going to go pick up a nice bottle of Gray Goose

Dude, you're like 15 years old.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Mixed feelings about the hire but I'm hearing there will be a great assistant coaching staff. If that's the case, I am ready for the plunge.

Kidd wanted this job badly and clearly loves everything about the Nets. I hope he proves to be an exceptional hire, similar to a Doc Rivers, Larry Bird, or Mark Jackson.

ohreally
06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I really don't see Kidd as a great coach at all and I don't see that being a point guard, the position that basically is being a coach on the court, means anything whatsoever. And Lawrence Frank as his assistant does nothing for me either.

And yes, the DWI and spousal abuse are major, major reasons to pass.

I think Shaw would be a far better coach. I think he's smarter, I think he's more seasoned, I think he's a better communicator, and I think he's a better person. Hiring Kidd would be image over substance. Shaw, Messina, and Doc if he really is going to be available are by far the best candidates.

sjbirds
06-12-2013, 08:20 PM
You didn't answer the question. Weren't you killing him bout his dui and wife beating? How is that a good role model

njnets
06-12-2013, 08:22 PM
very mixed on this. on one hand he is a brilliant basketball mind and he displayed it on the court. on the other hand, he has zero head coaching experience and a very promising coach in shaw is available. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Robbw241
06-12-2013, 08:23 PM
He has 0 coaching experience and is already better than PJ Carlisimo, that's gotta be worth something!

Robbw241
06-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I would have rather had Shaw purely because I think the roster would excel in a triangle, but I'm not too disappointed in the Kidd hiring. I don't think hiring Kidd in any capacity would disappoint me after all he's done for the franchise

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Yeah with Kidd coming back to Nets familia I do feel 15 again, now its time to party and bull *** and party and bull **** and ima party and ima bull **** lets party and lets bull ****

ohreally
06-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Jason Kidd it is. Stefan Bondy and Peter Vescey now confirming.

That's sad. Oh we'll, don't have to pull for the Nets anymore. But I like Golden State, Memphis (though we'll see). And Denver ( but again, we'll see). Always better to root for a local team though. Nets just blew it, both on and off the court.

Robbw241
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
"let's bull ****?" Have you not already being doing that for the past 3 years?

ndfightirish12
06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
That's sad. Oh we'll, don't have to pull for the Nets anymore. But I like Golden State, Memphis (though we'll see). And Denver ( but again, we'll see). Always better to root for a local team though. Nets just blew it, both on and off the court.

please tell me how they blew it haha i cant wait to hear this

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Jesus man, give it some time.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Btw, I really feel bad for Shaw. He is going to an a solid coach where ever he goes. I truly wish him the best of luck.

championships
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Lmao Nets.

akesh99
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Questionable move by the Nets. I mean, clearly he must have been impressive to get hired by a team that was willing to shell out serious cash to get their guy. I just wonder how quickly guys like DMF turn on him when they realize their roster isn't built to win a championship.

Jets012
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Soo many fortune-tellers on this site. Hell, I like the hire. If they could put a solid Assistant Crew around Kidd (which it appears they will), I really like this hire. The players will respect him and play very hard for him and at least it will be a much more entertaining style of basketball unlike the current style of Iso-Joe that they played under Avery and PJ. I expect D-Will to have a much better year, but then again who knows. But I like the hire, high-risk, but high-reward.

BTW, I don't believe the "he's too young to be a coach thing." Spolestra was 41 when he won the NBA finals last year and Vogel is currently 39. Monty is 41, Malone is 41, Brown is 43 and a bunch of those guys are damn good coaches. Kidd is right in the middle of that.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I really think now with a good coach we might win a championship next year, its gonna take work but Kidd can do it. We love you Kidd!

Teeboy1487
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm happy for Kidd, but it's always normal to be scared of the unknown especially with someone with no coaching experience. It eventually worked out for Mark Jackson so what the hell.

HowFit
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't, which is my point. With the owner pressuring to win a title, I thought they should've went with someone more experienced.

I agree...

PleaseBeNice
06-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I was really hoping when he retired I wouldn't have to see his *** anymore. Coach Drunk FTW

oak2455
06-12-2013, 09:07 PM

she is :laugh:

maddBat
06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
as a nets fan. i too have mixed feelings. but if pj can take us to 49 wins. i wonder what kidd can do.

akesh99
06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Soo many fortune-tellers on this site. Hell, I like the hire. If they could put a solid Assistant Crew around Kidd (which it appears they will), I really like this hire. The players will respect him and play very hard for him and at least it will be a much more entertaining style of basketball unlike the current style of Iso-Joe that they played under Avery and PJ. I expect D-Will to have a much better year, but then again who knows. But I like the hire, high-risk, but high-reward.

BTW, I don't believe the "he's too young to be a coach thing." Spolestra was 41 when he won the NBA finals last year and Vogel is currently 39. Monty is 41, Malone is 41, Brown is 43 and a bunch of those guys are damn good coaches. Kidd is right in the middle of that.

lol you say so many fortune tellers yet you go and make your own statements like "the players will respect him and play very hard for him and it will be a much more entertaining style of play." In the same breath that you can make those assumptions, one can also assume that he'd fall flat on his face with a veteran roster that doesn't really have respect for a guy who played on their rival team 2 months ago.

You also say its a high risk, high reward scenario which it really isn't. Kidd has never coached a game in his life. Couple that with the fact that the Nets organization as well as the fans have very high expectations for this team and you're looking at a potential for disaster. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of Kidd and I hope he turns out to be a great coach, but this is definitely a high risk, low reward scenario. If anything just based on the fact that nobody knows if the guy will even remotely succeed.

lamzoka
06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I really think now with a good coach we might win a championship next year, its gonna take work but Kidd can do it. We love you Kidd!

:laugh:

what a joke

Shkelqim
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Billy King is ****ing the Brooklyn franchise just like he did the Sixers.... It's sad

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Billy King is ****ing the Brooklyn franchise just like he did the Sixers.... It's sad

They just got to Brooklyn last year. How about we wait a year or so before we make such a generalized statement.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 09:28 PM

They just got to Brooklyn last year. How about we wait a year or so before we make such a generalized statement.

xxplayerxx23
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
I like the move I just don't believe the nets have enough talent to win it all. I think Kidd will be a great coach though.

TheNumber37
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Really? How can you coach players you were JUST competing against and coaching against players you were just playing with... and coaching against a coach you just played for?

I was really hoping J Kidd would do 1 year as a top assistant in NY. I guess teams like what they've seen from Mark Jackson...

If Kidd does well, this will be the new trend. Can Billups get a job in Detroit or Denver?

celtNYpatsHeels
06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
With all of the proven coaches on the market, they hire Kidd? Im not saying that this isn't going to work out... but doesn't logic say to make a play for Karl, Hollins, both Van Gundys, Rivers, MacMillin??? Id even say Sloan but he prob wont want to coach Williams again

GiantsSwaGG
06-12-2013, 09:39 PM
If his mentoring can help the likes of JR and Melo not be complete knuckleheads on the court and actually look to be team players, something many coaches (including George Karl) couldn't do, then I have hopes for him being a good coach.

There's no doubt Jason will make a good coach but DMF not too long ago said how he's a bad role model, a drunkie and a wife beater. Now he's praisesing him!

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 09:44 PM
well....i guess i gotta see how it turns out.

Missing56&33
06-12-2013, 09:44 PM
His inexperience will show unless he has a top notch coaching staff. It's going to be interesting to see how him and DWill get along.

He'll be hitting the bottle by the all-star break.

His inexperience will show unless he has a top notch coaching staff. It's going to be interesting to see how him and DWill get along.

He'll be hittin the bottle by the all-star break.

jam
06-12-2013, 09:46 PM
The nets' owners is an idiot, a publicity hor or both.

futureman
06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
If I were a Nets fan, I would jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.

ChicagoJ
06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I like jason kidd, but have to admit this surprises me. Thought he would be an assistant somewhere for a while first before becoming a head coach.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2013, 09:53 PM

i'll wait until 2015 and see what happens.

shep33
06-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Really surprising, but who knows, we can't knock him until we see them play.

Rndy
06-12-2013, 10:00 PM
He could probably teach Lopez how to rebound.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-12-2013, 10:04 PM
There's no doubt Jason will make a good coach but DMF not too long ago said how he's a bad role model, a drunkie and a wife beater. Now he's praisesing him!

It's DMF's , everyone should stop caring already.

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Uh-Oh! :speechless:

Here come the Nets! :surrender:

ee
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I love kidd, but no one knows, he could be gone after 28 games.....

akesh99
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Really surprising, but who knows, we can't knock him until we see them play.

You're right. Nobody should be knocking Kidd until we see him coach. In the mean time, it's very fair to knock Billy King and the Nets organization for making what looks to be a terrible mistake.

ohreally
06-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Or at least the bandwagon.

Sheer stupidity as far as I'm concerned. Shaw is a better candidate in every conceivable way. Kidd has zero experience, Tyson Chandler was the one getting all the plaudits for being the leader and communicator who got on people to make them play "the right way," so where was JKidd?

But it's the questionable character that is major with me, and in this case it's more than questionable. It doesn't exist in a lock box. It is what it is, and you ignore it at your peril.

sjbirds
06-12-2013, 10:39 PM

its still the same franchise even though they just moved haha

Sly Guy
06-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I think Jason has what it takes to be a good head coach someday, but it worries me that he's been handed the keys from the get-go.

jacquewho?
06-12-2013, 11:10 PM
What does it take for Brian Shaw to get a chance?

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2013, 11:12 PM

Yeah!

That's the spirit! :laugh2:

waveycrockett
06-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Kidd is going to be a great head coach. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for him but if ever there was a player in the NBA ready for this role it is him. Condolences to Bryan Shaw but if you snooze you lose.

BigBlueCrew
06-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Kidd is going to be a great head coach. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for him but if ever there was a player in the NBA ready for this role it is him. Condolences to Bryan Shaw but if you snooze you lose.

He snoozed? He was busy being an assistant to a team in the ECF. :confused:

PS. I dont think he lost.

waveycrockett
06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
He snoozed? He was busy being an assistant to a team in the ECF. :confused:

PS. I dont think he lost.
The ECF ended 2 weeks ago. Jason approached the Nets not the other way around. If Shaw was interested he should have done the same instead of flirting with all other teams. From all reports he was intent on changing Billy Kings mind to make him Head Coach after a 4 hour meeting today but that failed. And it also looks like the Clippers are seeking a veteran head coach now too. He lost out on a chance to work in the 2 biggest markets in the NBA both basically 50 win teams. Those are dream jobs for any assistant head coach to land.

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 12:39 AM
The ECF ended 2 weeks ago. Jason approached the Nets not the other way around. If Shaw was interested he should have done the same instead of flirting with all other teams. From all reports he was intent on changing Billy Kings mind to make him Head Coach after a 4 hour meeting today but that failed. And it also looks like the Clippers are seeking a veteran head coach now too. He lost out on a chance to work in the 2 biggest markets in the NBA both basically 50 win teams. Those are dream jobs for any assistant head coach to land.
That is true Shaw had chances, but even if Nets commited to Shaw and then suddenly Kidd wanted the job I think they would give it to Kidd. Kidd is the best face in Nets history and he has been basically a head coach for the last 20 years. He has a ton of expierence.

jp611
06-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Kidd is such a bad hire

Nets cannot afford to take a chance on him when they have to win now, considering the money tied up in that team

I think Kidd is a great mind, but Shaw has had plenty of success and experience as an assistant coach

jp611
06-13-2013, 02:53 AM

You're the best :D

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-13-2013, 03:24 AM
everyone should reference this thread for this hire, very similar situation: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?624574-Mark-Jackson-is-the-new-coach-for-the-G-S-Warriors/page3

Many of the same things being said here were said in there.

GunFactor187
06-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Kidd was basically a coach on the floor for the past 4-5 seasons, it's going to be a seamless transition, will have to adjust and take time to but the impact will be felt IMO.

Crackadalic
06-13-2013, 06:44 AM
I don't think he'll be terrible but I can't help but feel that did this for the headlines and to improve the look of the Brooklyn nets image then trying to build a championship team

AI
06-13-2013, 08:29 AM
What does it take for Brian Shaw to get a chance?

I'd happily take Shaw over Mike Woodson and his ISO ball but obviously Dolan won't do that.

nycericanguy
06-13-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't think he'll be terrible but I can't help but feel that did this for the headlines and to improve the look of the Brooklyn nets image then trying to build a championship team

Agreed, I think Kidd will be fine, but if he wasn't a former Net great no way he gets this job. If we've learned anything it's that Prokov likes big names and attention. This quote pretty much says it all.

A source with knowledge of Kidd's meetings with the Nets said the future Hall of Famer's presence was one advantage he had over Shaw. "That was one thing that really stood out," the source said. "When he walked into the building, people were at attention. Jason still had that aura about him."

GrumpyOldMan
06-13-2013, 08:55 AM
I think Kidd could be a very good coach one day, but he should have started as an assistant where he could maybe work with mostly D Williams and the backcourt in general so he could concentrate mostly on what is going on on the floor. All the experience and knowledge he has would be beneficial to a position like that. My concern for him is his lack of experience with a lot of the off the floor work that a head coach has to do for his organization. He has never done these things before and should have worked under an experienced coach for a few seasons like Shaw has before taking on responsibilities like he will be. Very few have had success going straight from a player to a head coach. There is a reason for that. It's a really tough job. I wish Kidd all the luck in the world, but I'm skeptical.

jp611
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
everyone should reference this thread for this hire, very similar situation: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?624574-Mark-Jackson-is-the-new-coach-for-the-G-S-Warriors/page3

Many of the same things being said here were said in there.

Personally I think mark Jackson is the most overrated coach in the league... Spouts out cliche after cliche and is just fortunate enough to have a squad that finally stayed healthy enough to win some games

It's seriously an awful hire. Could it work out? Sure. Will it work out? I'm very skeptical

29$JerZ
06-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Well any coach would pretty much be an upgrade from PJ so the Nets should get significantly better in that regard. Their still remains the issue of them retaining Blatche and finding someone who trade them a very good PF for Humps/Brooks.

They got more work to do but they are off to a good start. I'm surprised they gave in to Kidd so fast though and didn't give Shaw a shot or even attempt to get established coaches like Karl/Hollins. I think Hollins would have been a good fit.

ragee
06-13-2013, 10:02 AM
I just hope he doesn't come out raw. He reminds me of Avery. A player who has so much potential to be a good coach caught a break too soon. A few years under someone could have made him so much better.

Rockice_8
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Well any coach would pretty much be an upgrade from PJ so the Nets should get significantly better in that regard. Their still remains the issue of them retaining Blatche and finding someone who trade them a very good PF for Humps/Brooks.

They got more work to do but they are off to a good start. I'm surprised they gave in to Kidd so fast though and didn't give Shaw a shot or even attempt to get established coaches like Karl/Hollins. I think Hollins would have been a good fit.

I agree with pretty much all of this except they did give Shaw a shot they met with him for like 4 hours before giving the job to Kidd and Hollins would not be a good fit. Has little offensive game plan and is a control freak. He's not much different from Avery and they tried that.

nycericanguy
06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Personally I think mark Jackson is the most overrated coach in the league... Spouts out cliche after cliche and is just fortunate enough to have a squad that finally stayed healthy enough to win some games

It's seriously an awful hire. Could it work out? Sure. Will it work out? I'm very skeptical

Yea it's funny how quickly guys get branded great coaches or bad coaches.

Curry played 26 games last year, and was held back by Monta... this year he plays 78 games without Monta and turns into a borderline superstar, GS wins 47 games and now jackson is a genius... truth is, with Monta gone, and Curry healthy, and Barnes and Jack, and even Bogut coming back, GS has a ton of talent on that team. DEN won 57 games with a similar squad, though they have no one on Curry's level, and you could argue no one on Lee's level either.

Doc was a "horrible" coach until BOS traded for Ray & KG, and then Rondo came into his own, now he's a great coach.

NYCkid12
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Yea it's funny how quickly guys get branded great coaches or bad coaches.

Curry played 26 games last year, and was held back by Monta... this year he plays 78 games without Monta and turns into a borderline superstar, GS wins 47 games and now jackson is a genius... truth is, with Monta gone, and Curry healthy, and Barnes and Jack, and even Bogut coming back, GS has a ton of talent on that team. DEN won 57 games with a similar squad, though they have no one on Curry's level, and you could argue no one on Lee's level either.

Doc was a "horrible" coach until BOS traded for Ray & KG, and then Rondo came into his own, now he's a great coach.

yup, for almost every coach with the exception of very few....coaches get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose

Daaaarryyl
06-13-2013, 12:58 PM
I like jason kidd, but have to admit this surprises me. Thought he would be an assistant somewhere for a while first before becoming a head coach.

Yeah, he was always going to be a great HC prospect. I just figured he'd take a year off then get into coaching as an assistant for a few years first.

But I don't blame him. He was offered the job.

29$JerZ
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
I agree with pretty much all of this except they did give Shaw a shot they met with him for like 4 hours before giving the job to Kidd and Hollins would not be a good fit. Has little offensive game plan and is a control freak. He's not much different from Avery and they tried that.

I meant they took Kidd fresh off retirement instead of Shaw who actually has some coaching experience.

I disagree about Hollins but I can see your concerns.

D-Leethal
06-13-2013, 01:09 PM
yup, for almost every coach with the exception of very few....coaches get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose

I'm a pretty big believer in this. Any coach that is currently in the NBA can win a title with the right mix of talent and personality. Its all about being the right fit when it comes to coaches, and there is not one coach who is 'one size fits all' and can win with any team you throw at him thats has championship level talent. And there isn't an NBA caliber coach that would have no idea how to win with the prerequisite championship level talent and the right mix of personalities that can mesh with his, and pick up where he is lacking, and he can pick up where they are lacking.

I think Kidd will do well, but I think the 'friend' aspect of it all with him and DWill is going to be a weird dynamic for a coach. Can he really light a fire under DWill's ***? Will the guys respect him as a father figure type which many coaches are to their players?

Either way, Kidd is now the enemy. I hope the Nets flop hard this year.

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Jason Kidd with his mind is already a top coach in this league

KnickaBocka.44
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Jason Kidd with his mind is already a top coach in this league

Jason Kidd's winning percentage as a coach is 0.00% which makes him statistically the worst.

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Jason Kidd's winning percentage as a coach is 0.00% which makes him statistically the worst.

Ugh no he has been coaching since 94 check the % than till now. He was coaching the nets when Scott and Frank were in charge.

KnickaBocka.44
06-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Ugh no he has been coaching since 94 check the % than till now. He was coaching the nets when Scott and Frank were in charge.

No. He gets credit for zero wins as a coach because he was not a player-coach and was playing PG.

GiantsSwaGG
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM

He's a wife beater and a drunkie remember

Nick O
06-13-2013, 01:29 PM
this sounds hilarious and i dunno if ts a good idea.. but it makes me wanna watch the nets so .. smart move on that part..

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
No. He gets credit for zero wins as a coach because he was not a player-coach and was playing PG.

Were you watching Nets games back then? im not sure if you saw him in the huddles or calling plays on the floor. I watched every Jason Kidd game and please dont tell me what I saw and you didnt.

KnickaBocka.44
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Were you watching Nets games back then? im not sure if you saw him in the huddles or calling plays on the floor. I watched every Jason Kidd game and please dont tell me what I saw and you didnt.

I hope you know there is literally nothing you can say that would make you correct.

colinskik
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM

Was he in the payroll as ďhead coachĒ? Answerís no, so again youíre wrong. JKidd isnít even a coach yet, hasnít been formally introduced. So another tally for you being wrong.

KnickaBocka.44
06-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Was he in the payroll as “head coach”? Answer’s no, so again you’re wrong. JKidd isn’t even a coach yet, hasn’t been formally introduced. So another tally for you being wrong.

What's even funnier is that his retirement paperwork hasn't been filed so he is still technically a Knick lol.

GiantsSwaGG
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM

Kidd is a wife beater

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Kidd is a wife beater

I really wish I knew what you were talking about, but I dont

colinskik
06-13-2013, 01:47 PM

I guess you’re not that dedicated of a Nets fan then. Even the casual fan knows about that ugly scenario.

GiantsSwaGG
06-13-2013, 01:55 PM

Wasn't he a drunkie? Didn't he get caught with a dwi charge last year?

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 01:57 PM
I guess you’re not that dedicated of a Nets fan then. Even the casual fan knows about that ugly scenario.

Nah I support my coach through thick and thin. If Kidd does something really really bad I will still support him. He is family again

KingPosey
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM
I think this is dumb. As smart of a player as he is he needs to learn what a coah REALLY does, he should have started with training wheels.

Not to mention I think there needs to be a buffer time wise between player/coach.
As much as he is respected on the court and as a player, it will still be hard to get coach respect from guys you were going to the strip club with after games 2 months ago.

colinskik
06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Nah I support my coach through thick and thin. If Kidd does something really really bad I will still support him. He is family again

The more I engage you in conversation, the more I think you don’t understand English.

Never did I say anything about you not supporting him, whatever you think that actually means. You said you didn’t know about the incident when he hit his then-wife. And as the number 1 Nets fan that you claim to be, it seems odd that you wouldn’t know about that. I knew about it and I’m not even a Nets fan. By the laws of transitivity, that would mean you’re also not a Nets fan.

DoMeFavors
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
The more I engage you in conversation, the more I think you don’t understand English.

Never did I say anything about you not supporting him, whatever you think that actually means. You said you didn’t know about the incident when he hit his then-wife. And as the number 1 Nets fan that you claim to be, it seems odd that you wouldn’t know about that. I knew about it and I’m not even a Nets fan. By the laws of transitivity, that would mean you’re also not a Nets fan.
No I just focus on the court rather than off the court, but if there is a problem off the court I pick up Kidd or whoever it is and I say this is going to be ok. And I comfort.

colinskik
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
No I just focus on the court rather than off the court, but if there is a problem off the court I pick up Kidd or whoever it is and I say this is going to be ok. And I comfort.

And I’m sure the entire Nets organization really, truly appreciates all your help.

LeperMessiah
06-13-2013, 02:45 PM

I was going to say...

Rookie HC on a win-now team?

GiantsSwaGG
06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
I feel bad for Shaw

2-ONE-5
06-13-2013, 02:51 PM

i bet he drew up all those plays himself to.

TrueFan420
06-13-2013, 03:48 PM
And Iím sure the entire Nets organization really, truly appreciates all your help.

Hahaha

L8ker4lyfe
06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
i think this a good move. J Kidd has 19 yrs of leadership as a PG, worked with many of different coaches & styles of play, and is someone that the front office and players respect. He's won two gold meadows and practically assistant coach all last year. Put a good group of assistant coaches around him and they'll exceed expectations.

Nick O
06-13-2013, 07:05 PM
do me favours is just so hilariously dumb

ohreally
06-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Jason Kidd in his mind is already a top coach in this league

Fixed.

ohreally
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM

He's not family, he's a coach. And while it's true that you stick by family, it's probably not a good idea to have your brother in law who has a history of spousal abuse and DWI minding your 14 year old daughter over a weekend.

And what the h--l do you mean by really really bad? Spousal abuse and driving while intoxicated are both quite bad. So are you saying if he shot his wife or anybody else you would still want him as a coach because he has what you think is a great mind.(and by the way, that's not a ringing endorsement)?

The guy has no experience. He did not have the Knicks "playing the right way," I can't think of a guard that he played with becoming any much better than normal growth would make him, the Mavs all credited Chandler with being the leader of the team who got guys to play together and focus; just where is this coaching on the court anyway? I just don't see a coach in the guy. Assistant coach maybe, in a few years. I could be wrong of course, but with two major questions hanging out there, how do you fall all over yourself to hire a guy and shun better candidates in both respects?

As for mind, I'd be willing to bet that Rondo is more intelligent and knows the game as well as Kidd does. And he's got hi problems, but probably not any mor than a Skiles or Jerry Sloan as a player, and i'm pretty sure no one would think he should be a coach.

As for Shaw, he should probably take solace in the fact that Prokhorov is likely to be something of a primma Donna a-hole anyway. Very few "star coaches." I think that says it all. Image over substance.

Rndy
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I think he should at least be a assistant for a few years but hell maybe it will work? I wanted Shaw over Thibs and Although I still can't believe Shaw doesn't have a job (come run offense for the Bulls) I'm happy with being wrong.