PDA

View Full Version : Finals MVP thus far

TRF929
06-11-2013, 11:17 PM
I know it's really early to do this and everything can change as we have another potential 4 games to play but who would be MVP through these first 3 games?

I find it difficult to name anyone from the Spurs and it brings up the question would Duncan get it as a farewell and he has been more consistent among the big 3. Leonard could get mentioned I just don't know

The Heat would be easier as everyone knows its LBJ and if the Heat end up winning its because LBJ picked up his game

feelingit
06-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Tim Duncan. But it's 3 games in dude.

bholly
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
If it was based on the first three games, and SAS won, I'd guess Duncan. Leading the team in scoring (except Green and Neal, who don't really have a shot) and rebounding, and anchoring the D, as well as being the elder statesman and usual leader, like you say.
It's super close going forward, though. One of those ones that could be decided by whoever (of TP and Duncan) has one big pivotal game - or even just a pivotal stretch - that gets attention, or there could even be a co-MVP.
It would take quite a lot for Ginobili to win it, and a huge amount for a younger guy like Leonard or Green - have to think it's between TP and Duncan almost automatically, which is sort of sad but probably the way it is.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Has to be Danny Green as of right now.

feelingit
06-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Has to be Danny Green as of right now.

As great as he's been he's still a spot up shooter. It didn't really get the Spurs anywhere in Game 2.

D-Leethal
06-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Duncan and Kareem would be the only dudes to get Finals MVP 14 yrs apart. Pretty epic. Also love the mocking Miami White Stripes chant.

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Kahwi leonard!

AI
06-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Also love the mocking Miami White Stripes chant.

It was hilarious.

ManRam
06-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Leonard.

Though I want it to be Duncan.

Certainly not Parker. He's been a non-factor in 2 of 3 games now.

kdspurman
06-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Leonard for Spurs (Duncan is probably closest 2nd)

Lebron for Miami even though he's played pretty poorly.

kdspurman
06-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Duncan and Kareem would be the only dudes to get Finals MVP 14 yrs apart. Pretty epic. Also love the mocking Miami White Stripes chant.

And Duncan *could* join like AC Green and John Salley I believe to win a title in 3 different decades

Jdawg
06-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Kawhi Island!! Run away! But he won't get the love.

--23--
06-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Co-Finals MVP Duncan & Leonard, Green would be my third choice he stepped up in every game so far also.

TRF929
06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Co-Finals MVP Duncan & Leonard, Green would be my third choice he stepped up in every game so far also.

That is true, didn't think of a co-finals MVP. If I recall correctly hasn't duncan been a co-MVP before

--23--
06-11-2013, 11:56 PM
That is true, didn't think of a co-finals MVP. If I recall correctly hasn't duncan been a co-MVP before

No Duncan never been a co-Finals MVP, it's never been done before.

TRF929
06-12-2013, 12:06 AM
No Duncan never been a co-Finals MVP, it's never been done before.

My bad, I remember the rumbles going around I think in 05' that it might be co with Manu. Either way, it's a good idea the split it

UnWantedTheory
06-12-2013, 12:06 AM
IMO it has to be Kawhi. He has been phenomenal guarding LBJ. Realistically that wont happen, so I am going to say if the Spurs win, it will be either TD or TP depending on how the next games play out. If TP can play half way decent the rest of the way I think he has a good chance simply based on the stumbled heroics.

Rivera
06-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Could coach pop win it?

knicksfan1969
06-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Kawhi Leonard

jerellh528
06-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Could coach pop win it?

that would be so damn sweet. But if kawhi has a few more games like tonight, i think it's his, especially considering his defense.

BALLER R
06-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Funny how Leonard has a chance to be finals MVP. When just last week some of you guys were saying he's overrated. Glad to see him getting some respect.

TheNumber37
06-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Right now, It's going to be shared finals MVP between Parker, Duncan, Lenoard and Green.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-12-2013, 12:53 AM
If the finals ended right now it would have to be Green. Without his scoring the Spurs lose game 1 and game 3 is a lot closer and anyone's bet who wins.

If Duncan continues to play like he's been playing and wins it, then it's definitely rigged.

lol, please
06-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I know it's really early to do this and everything can change as we have another potential 4 games to play but who would be MVP through these first 3 games?

I find it difficult to name anyone from the Spurs and it brings up the question would Duncan get it as a farewell and he has been more consistent among the big 3. Leonard could get mentioned I just don't know

The Heat would be easier as everyone knows its LBJ and if the Heat end up winning its because LBJ picked up his game
Ginobli.

Ryan328
06-12-2013, 01:04 AM
As of now, Leonard

ColtsSpursTerps
06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
As great as he's been he's still a spot up shooter. It didn't really get the Spurs anywhere in Game 2.

I've been really impressed with his defense, but I think it's got to be Kawhi Leonard Finals MVP so far

amos1er
06-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Lebron thus far...

16.6 ppg on 38.8% from the field.

TRF929
06-12-2013, 01:14 AM
If the finals ended right now it would have to be Green. Without his scoring the Spurs lose game 1 and game 3 is a lot closer and anyone's bet who wins.

If Duncan continues to play like he's been playing and wins it, then it's definitely rigged.

I wouldn't go that far, he's still playing good defense and you can also swing your words in his direction. Without his defense and presence the Spurs wouldn't have had a chance in either game. Green is outstanding right now, the only thing I have to say about him is his namesake. His name isnt well known which will hurt him from winning MVP, sux and nothing he can do about it but that's just how it is.

dnl123
06-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Lebron thus far...

Yeah the only stat that measures your contribution to your team is ppg. :facepalm:

goingfor28
06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Chris bosh

IversonIsKrazy
06-12-2013, 02:03 AM
This will be legit the most difficult one to call. I expect Green to stop hitting everything he puts up. For Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Leonard would be the debate.
*IF* Miami wins, it'll only be because LeBron woke up and became a beast and he would win MVP.
But Spurs is tough to call, I feel it'll be between Duncan & Kawhi, but they'll give the nod to TImmy.

STAT1
06-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Mystic Wolfman.

DreamShaker
06-12-2013, 02:22 AM
And Duncan *could* join like AC Green and John Salley I believe to win a title in 3 different decades

Green made the Finals in 3 different decades, but no rings in the 90s. I read that stat, but forgot who the other guy was. But Duncan winning Finals MVP in 3 different decades would be a first. His career has been amazing!

DreamShaker
06-12-2013, 02:25 AM
This award will be given to either Parker or Duncan no matter who deserves it, is my guess, if the Spurs win. Although stranger things have happened. Cornbread Maxwell is a Finals MVP.

tredigs
06-12-2013, 02:37 AM
A lot of Kawhi talk. I don't know about that. I can't really rationalize a non-playmaking wing who's averaging about 10 ppg on ~37% from the field being a Finals MVP. He's been very good defensively, but not THAT good. As of now I'd lean Duncan, but in 2013 Spurs fashion there really isn't any stand out player right now. Complete team effort.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-12-2013, 02:52 AM
If the Spurs win, I expect Parker/Duncan to carry them the rest of the way and three point shooting to cool down a bit, making either one of those two the finals mvp. If it ended tonight, I would say its a toss up between Green/Neal/Duncan/TP, with the edge going to the first two

tredigs
06-12-2013, 03:02 AM
If the Spurs win, I expect Parker/Duncan to carry them the rest of the way and three point shooting to cool down a bit, making either one of those two the finals mvp. If it ended tonight, I would say its a toss up between Green/Neal/Duncan/TP, with the edge going to the first two

Neal really didn't do anything the first 2 games. A few threes. That's about it, so he can't be considered. TP also hasn't done much of anything 2 of the 3 games.

Only candidates for 'em would be Kawhi, Duncan and Green. Green is shooting the 3 better than any player in NBA finals history right now (16 for 23 - aka averaging 16 ppg on 3's at a 70% clip!), so although he doesn't contribute much elsewhere, that would be too incredible to pass up if he can continue the trend for 2-3 more games and the Spurs close out.

I expect him to cool off and Duncan to win it, though. TP has been too poor for 2 of 3 games and Kawhi doesn't do quite enough offensively. We'll see though, a LOT of action to come.

If Miami comes back, I can't see it being on anyone's shoulders but Lebron. And he's still been their best player thus far despite not being way overly cautious and not being able to attack.

Bravo95
06-12-2013, 03:04 AM
If the pre-Finals playoffs were Leonard's coming out party, the Finals have been that for Danny Green. He is 16 for 23 from three so far; Wade's off-ball defense has cost Miami as much as anything. Leonard would be a close 2nd.

The_Jamal
06-12-2013, 03:22 AM
Danny Green or Kawhi Leonard are far and above everyone else. Most importantly, I think their defensive effort on LeBron has been outstanding (moreso Kawhi, but Green has been solid as well). They're absolutely carrying SA right now and SA would likely be facing a 3-0 series deficit without them.

amos1er
06-12-2013, 05:11 AM
I have a feeling Tim Duncan is going to take it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Nobody is having a great series so far.. but Ducan is leading both teams in rebounds I believe and also is among the leaders in scoring... I'll got with Ducnan...

ManningToTyree
06-12-2013, 08:19 AM
If Danny Green wakes up and realizes he isn't Larry Bird, then I guess Timmy would be the safe bet. If Green keeps going off it will be him.

Obviously LeBron if Heat win.

Aapox
06-12-2013, 09:08 AM

One of the best sigs I've ever seen. Props.

FernandoDw
06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Greg Popovich :cool:

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Yeah the only stat that measures your contribution to your team is ppg. :facepalm:

For an MVP who averages 27 on 57% shooting all year long, thats completely unacceptable in the Finals. He is supposed to contribute 'the other things' as well as the 28 points - and he knows his team needs him to with a hobbled and washed up Wade. He's not getting it done no matter how you slice it. He is held to different standards.

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Green made the Finals in 3 different decades, but no rings in the 90s. I read that stat, but forgot who the other guy was. But Duncan winning Finals MVP in 3 different decades would be a first. His career has been amazing!

Ah ok, thanks for the correction! We'll see what happens. Got a long way to go, but it would be very special for TD if he could accomplish that

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Neal really didn't do anything the first 2 games. A few threes. That's about it, so he can't be considered. TP also hasn't done much of anything 2 of the 3 games.

Only candidates for 'em would be Kawhi, Duncan and Green. Green is shooting the 3 better than any player in NBA finals history right now (16 for 23 - aka averaging 16 ppg on 3's at a 70% clip!), so although he doesn't contribute much elsewhere, that would be too incredible to pass up if he can continue the trend for 2-3 more games and the Spurs close out.

I expect him to cool off and Duncan to win it, though. TP has been too poor for 2 of 3 games and Kawhi doesn't do quite enough offensively. We'll see though, a LOT of action to come.

If Miami comes back, I can't see it being on anyone's shoulders but Lebron. And he's still been their best player thus far despite not being way overly cautious and not being able to attack.

I disagree a little with that part, Green has done a really good job defensively too.

king4day
06-12-2013, 09:49 AM

I didn't even realize it was a Miami thing. NHL playoffs had it too.

D-Leethal
06-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I disagree a little with that part, Green has done a really good job defensively too.

Green's D has been as impressive as anyone outside of Kawhai.

A ton of teams do that in every sport. They open up every Knicks game with that song before tip too. But it was clear it was mocking Miami, Spurs never play that song and Miami serenaded the Spurs on their way out of game 2 with it.

FYL_McVeezy
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM

Sig is Dope!!!!!

BklynKnicks3
06-12-2013, 10:01 AM
danny green

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 10:09 AM

It's not a Miami thing, even the Ravens fans did it. But it was because of the Heat fans they did it lol

natelpete
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Lol at people saying Leonard, he's pulled in some boards but that's about it. I'd say Duncan for the Spurs, maybe TP because I'm sure he'll have another big game or two and that game clincher was sick. Not sure who gets it if Miami wins, probably Lebron because he's going to have to step up if they want a shot at all.

Longhornfan1234
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Lol at people saying Leonard. He's pulled in some boards but that's about it. I'd say Duncan for the Spurs, maybe TP because I'm sure he'll have another big game or 2 and that game winner clincher was sick. Not sure who gets it if Miami wins, probably Lebron because he's going to have to step up if they want a shot at all.

LOL @ people saying Duncan should win the MVP. He's shooting 37 FG%.

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
LOL @ people saying Duncan should win the MVP. He's shooting 37 FG%.

totally did not realize finals MVP was only predicated on FG%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/finals_mvp.html

Longhornfan1234
06-12-2013, 10:49 AM
totally did not realize finals MVP was only predicated on FG%.

Averaging under 14 ppg and shooting 37 FG% is impressive. Green is the Finals MVP right now.

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Averaging under 14 ppg and shooting 37 FG% is impressive. Green is the Finals MVP right now.

Don't think you're factoring in MPG either looking at games 2 & 3 being blowouts. (30 & 28 minutes respectively) He's still rebounding very well, protecting the paint, changing/blocking shots, and his help defense though he's a step slow @ 37 years old is still there.

I picked Leonard anyway, but picking Duncan is not laughable. Especially if your only argument is FG%

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Leonard for Spurs (Duncan is probably closest 2nd)

Lebron for Miami even though he's played pretty poorly.

I hope Leonard or Green gets it, that would be pretty damn cool. Lol @ sig.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Lebron thus far...

Don't forget to add in the inflated REBS/ASSISTS in garbage time. How is no one talking about his stat padding?

TRF929
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Don't forget to add in the inflated REBS/ASSISTS in garbage time. How is no one talking about his stat padding?

I was discussing this yesterday with a friend before the game. If it wasn't for his padding he'd be under 15ppg for 35% and drop his reb/ast. He is playing horrible, no one will disagree with that, LBJ is just padding for his own mindset, so when he retires and looks back at stats it won't look that bad

Bruno
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Danny Green has the highest average game score for the series (16.3), followed closely by Duncan (15.3). I like those two as MVPs through three games with a Spurs lead.

*LeBron 16.2

tredigs
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

I actually agree with that, he's easily been a +defender too. And thinking on it more I still have to think that his shooting is too historic to not be in the lead for FMVP. Which would be pretty damn cool for a guy who was cut 3x by San Antonio.

I was discussing this yesterday with a friend before the game. If it wasn't for his padding he'd be under 15ppg for 35% and drop his reb/ast. He is playing horrible, no one will disagree with that, LBJ is just padding for his own mindset, so when he retires and looks back at stats it won't look that bad

Stop reaching for extra reasons to hate on the guy. This is 100% false.

kdspurman
06-12-2013, 02:14 PM
I actually agree with that, he's easily been a +defender too. And thinking on it more I still have to think that his shooting is too historic to not be in the lead for FMVP. Which would be pretty damn cool for a guy who was cut 3x by San Antonio.

It'd be an amazing story for him that's for sure. He's come a long way from his days of dancing on the sidelines with Lebron in Cleveland.

6cadi6
06-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Hilarious. :laugh2:

ChitownSports16
06-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Green for Spurs and Miller for Heat.

tredigs
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Danny Green has the highest average game score for the series (16.3), followed closely by Duncan (15.3). I like those two as MVPs through three games with a Spurs lead.

*LeBron 16.2

Nice, I'm not huge on game score as it doesn't account for defensive stoppers or rim protection, etc - but if I had to give the players ratings it probably wouldn't be far off from that.

For reference Kawhi's is 12.4 and Tony's 9.4.

For Miami Wade's at 10.4 and Bosh 13.1 (back to back baby double doubles after a ghost game 1 helped his cause).

It'd be an amazing story for him that's for sure. He's come a long way from his days of dancing on the sidelines with Lebron in Cleveland.

hahah yup.

Bruno
06-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Nice, I'm not huge on game score as it doesn't account for defensive stoppers or rim protection, etc - but if I had to give the players ratings it probably wouldn't be far off from that.

For reference Kawhi's is 12.4 and Tony's 9.4.

For Miami Wade's at 10.4 and Bosh 13.1 (back to back baby double doubles after a ghost game 1 helped his cause).

hahah yup.

i like it here just because we know how good green and duncan have been defensively.

TRF929
06-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Stop reaching for extra reasons to hate on the guy. This is 100% false.

I'm sorry buddy, as I go back and look at game 2 play by play it does seem to support what I said. Maybe your definition to stat padding is different than most others but let me just tell you what I see.

In a span of 2 minutes James gets 4 rebounds, surprising that that's after pop sits Duncan for the game and he had 3 more as the game went on in the 4th= 7 rbs after Pop starts taking out starters.
James had 9 points and 2 assists in the forth, Duncan didn't play at all in the 4th and the other starters were on their way out. He also shot 5/7 within that time helping his %. So yes, I see it as stat padding, as others do, but if you don't then that's cool who am I to say your wrong.
Most those stats I posted were in the 4th quarter, after they made that huge jump in the 3rd and Pop was starting to bench starters. There's a point in the 4th whereJames was still playing against McGrady, Mills, Blair, Bonner, and Joseph I mean come on, how sad is that, lol oh and he got 3rbs and hit a 3 against that lineup. Having the Heat starting line up against the Spurs' backup benchers is no way stat padding, let alone the 2nd line up of spurs

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM

I'm sorry buddy, as I go back and look at game 2 play by play it does seem to support what I said. Maybe your definition to stat padding is different than most others but let me just tell you what I see.

In a span of 2 minutes James gets 4 rebounds, surprising that that's after pop sits Duncan for the game and he had 3 more as the game went on in the 4th= 7 rbs after Pop starts taking out starters.
James had 9 points and 2 assists in the forth, Duncan didn't play at all in the 4th and the other starters were on their way out. He also shot 5/7 within that time helping his %. So yes, I see it as stat padding, as others do, but if you don't then that's cool who am I to say your wrong.
Most those stats I posted were in the 4th quarter, after they made that huge jump in the 3rd and Pop was starting to bench starters. There's a point in the 4th whereJames was still playing against McGrady, Mills, Blair, Bonner, and Joseph I mean come on, how sad is that, lol oh and he got 3rbs and hit a 3 against that lineup. Having the Heat starting line up against the Spurs' backup benchers is no way stat padding, let alone the 2nd line up of spurs

Back to back solid post.

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Green for Spurs and Miller for Heat.

this! lol

tredigs
06-12-2013, 07:15 PM

Duncan was sitting to start the 4th because he always sits to start the 4th. Had the Heat made any headway he would've been in by the 8 minute mark. You mention that "HUGE JUMP" in the 3rd like all the points in the 4th were stat padding - that's complete bull and you're illuminating how biased you are. It was a 10 point game, far from out of reach. It wasn't until sometime around the 7 minute mark that Pop took out the starters. Spo kept his starters (why are you just isolating Lebron? Small agenda there?) in for a couple minutes longer and finally threw in the white flag at the 5 minute mark when they all came out. Lebron made 1 shot and got a few rebounds in that span. That's stat padding? Get out of here with that nonsense. It's a pivotal finals game where they threw in the white flag and came out with 5 minutes to go in the game. With the amount of firepower the team has, any earlier would've been a stretch. Regardless, it was Spo's call to leave ALL the starters in, not Lebron.

WARRIORS@GR
06-12-2013, 07:15 PM
There is only one true answer here guys.

And it's not even close.

T-MAC!!!!

TRF929
06-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Duncan was sitting to start the 4th because he always sits to start the 4th. Had the Heat made any headway he would've been in by the 8 minute mark. You mention that "HUGE JUMP" in the 3rd like all the points in the 4th were stat padding - that's complete bull and you're illuminating how biased you are. It was a 10 point game, far from out of reach. It wasn't until sometime around the 7 minute mark that Pop took out the starters. Spo kept his starters (why are you just isolating Lebron? Small agenda there?) in for a couple minutes longer and finally threw in the white flag at the 5 minute mark when they all came out. Lebron made 1 shot and got a few rebounds in that span. That's stat padding? Get out of here with that nonsense. It's a pivotal finals game where they threw in the white flag and came out with 5 minutes to go in the game. With the amount of firepower the team has, any earlier would've been a stretch. Regardless, it was Spo's call to leave ALL the starters in, not Lebron.

I don't mean to isolate LBJ but as that's the main person everyone talks about, that's the person I'll focus on, if you'd like to talk about anyone else I'd be happy to isolate and talk about them. Whether Duncan always sits in the forth or Pop starting to bench players at this point is all assumptions, but the point is Duncan didn't play. Spo sure didn't keep his starters in last night when Pop pulled the rest of his players, so why keep them in Sunday? You just confirmed what we're saying, Pop threw white flag with 7:43 benching everyone that was playing, so why keep starters in for almost another 3 mins? And how do you not call that stat padding? My definition as well as others on here, would call the padding earlier than when you do, so when does stat padding begin for you, just curious?

I'm not even trying to say he does a lot of padding, but that little changes the look of a player. Within that small time of McGrady vs. LBJ, he went from 14 pts to 17, 5rbs to 8, and whatever else he got and that one extra shot changed his fg% from 37 to 41. That's quite a change of stat line within that short time, and that's only when "you" say the white flag was thrown. I say it was earlier, but I can argue your side as well.

Once again I'm not trying to say it happens a lot or make it seem like I'm just tearing James apart, I don't mean too, just trying to say that a little goes a long way

TRF929
06-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Anyways back to the topic and as I've went back to look at stats, MVP IMO would go to Duncan but Green would deserve the award. And of course LBJ would get it for the Heat even with his lack of assertiveness.

Calling next game

If its a close game, I say the Spurs win
If its a 10+ pt win, I say the Heat win

tredigs
06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't mean to isolate LBJ but as that's the main person everyone talks about, that's the person I'll focus on, if you'd like to talk about anyone else I'd be happy to isolate and talk about them. Whether Duncan always sits in the forth or Pop starting to bench players at this point is all assumptions, but the point is Duncan didn't play. Spo sure didn't keep his starters in last night when Pop pulled the rest of his players, so why keep them in Sunday? You just confirmed what we're saying, Pop threw white flag with 7:43 benching everyone that was playing, so why keep starters in for almost another 3 mins? And how do you not call that stat padding? My definition as well as others on here, would call the padding earlier than when you do, so when does stat padding begin for you, just curious?

I'm not even trying to say he does a lot of padding, but that little changes the look of a player. Within that small time of McGrady vs. LBJ, he went from 14 pts to 17, 5rbs to 8, and whatever else he got and that one extra shot changed his fg% from 37 to 41. That's quite a change of stat line within that short time, and that's only when "you" say the white flag was thrown. I say it was earlier, but I can argue your side as well.

Once again I'm not trying to say it happens a lot or make it seem like I'm just tearing James apart, I don't mean too, just trying to say that a little goes a long way
Here's the bottom line, the Heat played until they were taken out. Period. He wasn't trying to rip defensive rebounds away from his bigs or dishing assists when he had an open layup (looking at you Rondo). He was playing ball in the NBA finals. The fact that Spo did not want to concede defeat (well, risk potential for it) for 2 and a half minutes longer than Pop felt comfortable that they weren't coming back is on him.

The bottom line is that it is far from a big deal and I really don't consider that stat padding personally. But if you are going to consider it padding, then say it's the whole team and not just Lebron. Because they were all in there.

TRF929
06-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Here's the bottom line, the Heat played until they were taken out. Period. He wasn't trying to rip defensive rebounds away from his bigs or dishing assists when he had an open layup (looking at you Rondo). He was playing ball in the NBA finals. The fact that Spo did not want to concede defeat (well, risk potential for it) for 2 and a half minutes longer than Pop felt comfortable that they weren't coming back is on him.

The bottom line is that it is far from a big deal and I really don't consider that stat padding personally. But if you are going to consider it padding, then say it's the whole team and not just Lebron. Because they were all in there.

I will agree with you that it's on Spo, he played as long as he was on the floor. Whether its intentional or not, those additional stats in garbage time is still padding his night and ultimately changes what people will perceive of him afterwards. People are always picking on LBJ because he is the MVP and the "KING" of the nba, so when something sticks out, Heat related, it goes upon the best player. He benefited most from the garbage time so that's why we pick on him, though Bosh had 2 assists in that time but no one cares about Bosh.

NBA_Starter
06-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Gary Neal or Danny Green