PDA

View Full Version : Prime Kobe or prime Lebron?

Pages : [1] 2

AllDay28
06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Lebron

JesusNYY_Savior
06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Prime Shaq

IKnowHoops
06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Prime Shaq

A.K.A. Lebron, but I hate that its him so let me bring someone else into the discussion so that I don't have to say his name.

mightybosstone
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
If you can't even spell the first name of the most recognizable star in the entire sport, then you completely waive your right for anyone to take your thread seriously. Someone please close this ****. In addition to misspelling the dude's name, this thread is clearly just asking for hundreds of posts of Lebron vs. Kobe flame wars. We have more than our fair share of that nonsense already.

SportsFanatic10
06-10-2013, 06:05 PM
easily lebron.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 06:07 PM
If you can't even spell the first name of the most recognizable star in the entire sport, then you completely waive your right for anyone to take your thread seriously. Someone please close this ****. In addition to misspelling the dude's name, this thread is clearly just asking for hundreds of posts of Lebron vs. Kobe flame wars. We have more than our fair share of that nonsense already.
Dang my bad spelling nazi.. It's call a typo, **** happen, plus why would this be a flame war? If it was to turn into one, would your feelings really get hurt??

More-Than-Most
06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Its James and by a good amount

bucketss
06-10-2013, 06:14 PM
disrespectful question.

mightybosstone
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Dang my bad spelling nazi.. It's call a typo, **** happen, plus why would this be a flame war? If it was to turn into one, would your feelings really get hurt??

Look around at the general NBA forum. Probably close to 50 percent of all threads in the general NBA forum revert to Kobephiles and Lebron fans flinging crap back and forth at one another. It's exhausting and it's killing the forum. By creating threads like this, you're directly contributing to the problem.

Also, it has nothing to do with being a spelling Nazi or making a typo. It's Lebron ****ing James. If you can't spell his name right on the title of a thread you're creating, then you don't deserve to make the thread in the first place.

lamzoka
06-10-2013, 06:17 PM
prime Dj Menga, Mbanga, Menga. Yeah him

u cant go wrong either way... the only scary thing here is im not sure if Lebron has reach his prime yet

Kobes a Killer
Kobes done more, proven more. Ask the question again when Lebrons career is over.

enitialdee
It's James, dude already demonstrated he could take a team of scrubs to the final.

Kobes a Killer
06-10-2013, 06:20 PM
It's James, dude already demonstrated he could take a team of scrubs to the final.

In a week eastern conference. Then got swept. He wouldn't have even made it out of the 2nd round in the west that year, never mind the finals.

Props what he did to detroit though, **** was amazing

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Look around at the general NBA forum. Probably close to 50 percent of all threads in the general NBA forum revert to Kobephiles and Lebron fans flinging crap back and forth at one another. It's exhausting and it's killing the forum. By creating threads like this, you're directly contributing to the problem.

Also, it has nothing to do with being a spelling Nazi or making a typo. It's Lebron ****ing James. If you can't spell his name right on the title of a thread you're creating, then you don't deserve to make the thread in the first place.

Again my bad, let me go edit the title.. Dammit, I can't =\

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-10-2013, 06:22 PM

Lebron isn't anywhere near as recognizable than Kobe outside of the states, to many Kobe is god like!

enitialdee
In a week eastern conference. Then got swept. He wouldn't have even made it out of the 2nd round in the west that year, never mind the finals.

Props what he did to detroit though, **** was amazing
Ok replace Lebron with Kobe on that scrub team, same result??? Highly doubt it, probably first round exit.

LoveMeOrHateMe
Btw the answer is Kobe

PhillyFaninLA
Lebron

Teeboy1487
Prime Lebron is a better all around player, more athletic, efficient, great help defender, and has better shot selection. However, prime Kobe was a more dominant scorer, clutch, unmatched work ethic, and a better ball defender. I would be fine with either because both played with great teammates to win championships. Just my opinion.

Kobes a Killer
06-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Ok replace Lebron with Kobe on that scrub team, same result??? Highly doubt it, probably first round exit.

In the east, i highly doubt it. Replace Kobe with Lebron and i doubt lebron shoulders the scoring load late in games deep in the playoffs when shaq is getting hacked. Kobe won games late for the lakers during their 3peat with his amazing clutch scoring ability. Simply took games over and caught fire. Lebron is 2 games into the finals shooting very poorly in both games.

ManRam
06-10-2013, 06:33 PM
LeBron's prime has been better than Kobe's prime. There are only a few flimsy arguments that you could use to suggest otherwise. Kobe's career has been better, but in their primes...well...you gotta take LeBron.

Teeboy1487
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Honestly though no one gives Prime Shaq no credit. I would easily take Prime Shaq over both of them if I had the choice.

Kobes a Killer
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
LeBron's prime has been better than Kobe's prime. There are only a few flimsy arguments that you could use to suggest otherwise. Kobe's career has been better, but in their primes...well...you gotta take LeBron.

On paper... they are 2 different players that do 2 different things. Lebron was blessed with his height, size and natural athletic ability. Kobe has done so much with an average body size for an NBA player. I'll take Kobe, most wont but a lot will.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
On paper... they are 2 different players that do 2 different things. Lebron was blessed with his height, size and natural athletic ability. Kobe has done so much with an average body size for an NBA player. I'll take Kobe, most wont but a lot will.

Yeah blame LeBron for his genetics. **** Shaq and Wilt for being super tall too, because all tall people turn out to be good NBA players, it doesn't take any work.

ManRam
06-10-2013, 06:41 PM

He's been better on the court too...

They are very different players, but if I'm building a team from scratch, like this question is asking, I'm taking the guy who can do just about everything there is over the great scorer.

I don't care HOW they are good...none of that matters. I don't care if LeBron is only good because of his athletic abilities or not. None of that **** matters when you're talking about things like this. Kobe being more skilled doesn't automatically make him better than a guy who is less skilled but a superior athlete...and more importantly a superior PLAYER in his prime.

You'd be an idiot to take the lesser of two players just because he's less athletic and slightly more skilled. :laugh2:

It's a no-brainer. If you're a GM of a ****** team picking one of these two guys to build a team from scratch around you take LeBron. He's more versatile, he does more, and he's done far more with far less than Kobe ever has.

seikou8
06-10-2013, 06:44 PM

They are very different players, but if I'm building a team from scratch, like this question is asking, I'm taking the guy who can do just about everything there is over the great scorer.

I don't care HOW they are good...none of that matters. I don't care if LeBron is only good because of his athletic abilities or not. None of that **** matters when you're talking about things like this. Kobe being more skilled doesn't automatically make him better than a guy who is less skilled but a superior athlete...and more importantly a superior PLAYER in his prime.

You'd be an idiot to take the lesser of two players just because he's less athletic and slightly more skilled. :laugh2:

It's a no-brainer. If you're a GM of a ****** team picking one of these two guys to build a team from scratch around you take LeBron. He's more versatile, he does more, and he's done far more with far less than Kobe ever has.

ding ding ding we have a winner:)

bucketss
06-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Honestly though no one gives Prime Shaq no credit. I would easily take Prime Shaq over both of them if I had the choice.

i would take prime shaq over jordan.

:hide:

mightybosstone
06-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Lebron isn't anywhere near as recognizable than Kobe outside of the states, to many Kobe is god like!

Oh my god.... You're making my point for me!!!! Kobephiles can't handle seeing Lebron's name without starting ****, and absolutely cannot admit that Lebron is better at anything than Kobe is. All arguments de-evolve into "Kobe's better....BECAUSE!!!!" and I'm sick of it. People on this site clearly aren't mature enough to handle a civilized basketball discussion, so let's stop trying to force the same argument over and over and over again.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 06:49 PM
i would take prime shaq over jordan.

:hide:

Step 1: Get prime shaq
Step 2: Get any hack SG, any will do, let's take Kobe for this example
Step 3. Three-peat

Teeboy1487
06-10-2013, 06:51 PM

It's a no-brainer. If you're a GM of a ****** team picking one of these two guys to build a team from scratch around you take LeBron. He's more versatile, he does more, and he's done far more with far less than Kobe ever has. That's debatable. Other than an 07 run at the title in a weak eastern conference, how has Lebron done more with less? He won his first title needing two all star players along side him. Granted I thought he could have won without their help, but that's his legacy. I would probably take Lebron, but I would not be disappointed if Kobe was my next choice.

Teeboy1487
06-10-2013, 06:52 PM
double post

Tony_Starks
06-10-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll take the guy that scored 81 points and won multiple chips both as the man and as what psd calls a "sidekick."

seikou8
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
That's debatable. Other than an 07 run at the title in a weak eastern conference, how has Lebron done more with less? He won his first title needing two all star players along side him. Granted I thought he could have won without their help, but that's his legacy. I would probably take Lebron, but I would not be disappointed if Kobe was my next choice.

who would be? two greats to pick to build around cant go wrong with either I take LeBron but that's doesn't take away kobe greatness like kobe fans think

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I'll take the guy that scored 81 points and won multiple chips both as the man and as what psd calls a "sidekick."

Yeah because 1 game and a team accolade is how you decide who is the better player. duhhhhhhhhhhh

ManRam
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
That's debatable. Other than an 07 run at the title in a weak eastern conference, how has Lebron done more with less? He won his first title needing two all star players along side him. Granted I thought he could have won without their help, but that's his legacy. I would probably take Lebron, but I would not be disappointed if Kobe was my next choice.

I do think he has done more with less. It might not be by a huge margin. But when has Kobe ever gotten a team to overachieve?

Kobe from 2004-2007 never ever got that team to overachieve. Granted, there wasn't much on those teams, and there was even less than what LeBron had in Cleveland. He hasn't gotten the Lakers to overachieve at all the last 3 seasons...I'd say all 3 were disappointments.

But in 2007 and 2009 especially, well, I've NEVER seen a player carry a team more individually than LeBron did those teams. It's a bold claim, but I'll stand by it. Mainly 2009. That was the best individual playoff effort I've ever seen in a 2-3+ series run. It was remarkable. He just had no help around him. Sorry to speak in such absolute terms here, but I believe it. Best statistical run to a conference Finals ever.

Go look up the post season stats for guys on those two teams. No one had a PER over 18 on those teams. Larry Hughes (40% shooter, and a pathetic playoffs) and Ilgauskas (couldn't play more than 27 minutes a game) were his two best sidekicks in 2007.

He got those teams to overachieve so much.

RLundi
06-10-2013, 07:06 PM

Wow I think you may need to relax some.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 07:07 PM

On effing point

naps
06-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Insulting question for LeBron. First of all, has LeBron reached his prime yet? Secondly, whatever we have seen from him is already up there with the greatest of the greatests. Kobe's prime doesn't sniff a lot of greats let alone's LeBron.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM

I'll take the guy who could play pg,sg,sf,pf,c and if needs be a 6th man.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Depends if you want a passionate ruthless scorer who demoralized teams single handily and puts winning ahead of everything, or one of the best all around box score stuffers ever, but tends to put winning on the back burner for favorable stats. Pick your poison, both are amazing players and legends of the game.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM

why when you have 15 other guys on the roster that fill those spots?

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 07:20 PM
why when you have 15 other guys on the roster that fill those spots?

Just pointing out who's the superior all around basketball player is, that's all.

Tony_Starks
06-10-2013, 07:21 PM

Center? Really? Yeah his defense was excellent against Hibbert and Duncan.

He's a great player but there's no need to exaggerate man.

mightybosstone
06-10-2013, 07:21 PM

David Robinson scored 71 points in a game and won two rings as a "sidekick." Does that make his prime greater than Lebron's? Your point is a bad one.

bucketss
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Depends if you want a passionate ruthless scorer who demoralized teams single handily and puts winning ahead of everything, or one of the best all around box score stuffers ever, but tends to put winning on the back burner for favorable stats. Pick your poison, both are amazing players and legends of the game.

if he put winning ahead of everything than he wouldn't have drove shaq out of town, does kobe want to win? sure just his way. btw nice back hand compliment of lebron, if you're going to diss him do it outright.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Center? Really? Yeah his defense was excellent against Hibbert and Duncan.

He's a great player but there's no need to exaggerate man.

If he needs to be, 100% sure he'll take the challenge, what would Kobe do in that situation?? Take 30 shots, and scoring 25 points.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
If he needs to be, 100% sure he'll take the challenge, what would Kobe do in that situation?? Take 30 shots, and scoring 25 points.

He better take the challenge, he is almost 3 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier than kobe. if kobe was that size you bet your *** he could play pf, and center. He has far better footwork and post skills than lebron will ever have.

Pakman
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Kobe

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Kobe

Why?

numba1CHANGsta
06-10-2013, 07:46 PM
People are always gonna compare Prime Kobe with a horrible cast of players vs a prime LeBron with 2 all-stars and a bunch of good role players. This question can never be answered for 2 reasons:

1. Kobe never had the cast LeBron has right now (remember Kobe wasnt in his prime yet when he won the 3peat)
2. Kobe and LeBron were not in their prime at the same time meaning we could never know how both would do head 2 head

If Kobe+Gasol+role players won back2back championships, then Lebron+Wade+Bosh+role players should 3 peat right?

Some things to consider: Kobe made the finals 3 straight years won championship twice, LeBron has now made the finals 3 straight years, if he fails to win this year then Kobe would have the upper hand. Another thing to consider, Kobe played for the Lakers his whole career so far, LeBron left to join forces with 2 other all-stars to win a championship. If LeBron accomplished what he has accomplished so far with the Cavs then LeBron by far better player in his prime, but give me Kobe in his prime+a big man all-star with a good supporting cast over LeBron+2 all-stars with a good supporting cast any day!

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 07:49 PM
People are always gonna compare Prime Kobe with a horrible cast of players vs a prime LeBron with 2 all-stars and a bunch of good role players. This question can never be answered for 2 reasons:

1. Kobe never had the cast LeBron has right now (remember Kobe wasnt in his prime yet when he won the 3peat)
2. Kobe and LeBron were not in their prime at the same time meaning we could never know how both would do head 2 head

If Kobe+Gasol+role players won back2back championships, then Lebron+Wade+Bosh+role players should 3 peat right?

Some things to consider: Kobe made the finals 3 straight years won championship twice, LeBron has now made the finals 3 straight years, if he fails to win this year then Kobe would have the upper hand. Another thing to consider, Kobe played for the Lakers his whole career so far, LeBron left to join forces with 2 other all-stars to win a championship. If LeBron accomplished what he has accomplished so far with the Cavs then LeBron by far better player in his prime, but give me Kobe in his prime+a big man all-star with a good supporting cast over LeBron+2 all-stars with a good supporting cast any day!

Why are you comparing "Team accolades", when this is about a player. Prime LeBron is better than Prime Kobe.

mngopher35
06-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Prime Lebron is just the better, more versatile player. I would choose him and it wouldn't be that difficult at all. This isn't to say that Kobe is not an amazing player, I just don't think his prime is quite as good as Lebron's (who I think is proving to have a top 5 prime ever).

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 07:56 PM
While any GM would love to have Kobe in his prime, James is the easy answer here. Simply a better prime.

WARRIORS@GR
06-10-2013, 07:57 PM

Horrible post top to bottom.

And stop this one team the entire career ****.

Kobe forced his way to LA before even playing a minute.
Forced Shaq out of the team cause he couldn't realize Shaq>him.
Then threatened he would leave if they don't get him help.

Gasol was 10x better than anything lebron ever had in Cleveland.

Deal with it,if Kobe had the (non) supporting cast lebron had for 7 years,he would be gone in 2-3 years,and this is proven.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM

wow

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Horrible post top to bottom.

And stop this one team the entire career ****.

Kobe forced his way to LA before even playing a minute.
Forced Shaq out of the team cause he couldn't realize Shaq>him.
Then threatened he would leave if they don't get him help.

Gasol was 10x better than anything lebron ever had in Cleveland.

Deal with it,if Kobe had the (non) supporting cast lebron had for 7 years,he would be gone in 2-3 years,and this is proven.
How did Kobe force his way to the Lakers? I keep seeing this stated as fact on here and I'm just trying to figure out where this was pulled from? The Hornets wanted Vlade and Jerry West talked John Calipari out of drafting Kobe earlier in the draft. This was a bigger risk on the Lakers part for sure. Vlade was a very good center at the time and was traded for a kid out of high school. I have no problem with opinions on here but when I keep seeing the same recycled bs statements on here it gets old. Just because you hear someone say something on this forum doesn't mean you should keep repeating on here as fact because then you make yourself look as misinformed as they are.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
How did Kobe force his way to the Lakers? I keep seeing this stated as fact on here and I'm just trying to figure out where this was pulled from?

Back then a player drafted could still play college. Kobe said he would play college ball if he wasn't traded.

bucketss
06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
How did Kobe force his way to the Lakers? I keep seeing this stated as fact on here and I'm just trying to figure out where this was pulled from?

"playing for the hornets is an impossibility" - kobes agent

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM
"playing for the hornets is an impossibility" - kobes agent

Yup. They told everyone that if they drafted Kobe he would play college ball. Kobe and his agent only wanted LA. Buss had a fit when he had to trade to get him. Hell John C. passed on him at 8, Kobe convinced John to not draft him.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Back then a player drafted could still play college. Kobe said he would play college ball if he wasn't traded.
He had already hired an agent. Ineligible after that.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Yup. They told everyone that if they drafted Kobe he would play college ball. Kobe and his agent only wanted LA. Buss had a fit when he had to trade to get him. Hell John C. passed on him at 8, Kobe convinced John to not draft him.
Jerry West convinced Calipari not to draft him. Where do you guys get your info at seriously?

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
He had already hired an agent. Ineligible after that.

Nowadays, yes. In '96, no.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 08:16 PM
It was well documented that he did

The team had scouted Bryant twice but wanted a private workout to get a better feel for his potential.

"He wouldn't work out with us and that bothered us," Bass said. "We couldn't meet him. His agent was trying to aim him to the Lakers and they threatened us."

The Hornets got the message that if they drafted Bryant, he wouldn't play in Charlotte.

They weren't the only team to be warned off taking Bryant for their own.

The New Jersey Nets, coached by John Calipari, considered Bryant with the eighth pick but chose Villanova's Kerry Kittles after hearing a similar message.

jerellh528
Nowadays, yes. In '96, no.

not true.

WARRIORS@GR
It's widely known that he wanted to go to the Lakers,and threatened to come play in Europe.

What about wanting out of the Lakers when he had no help for couple years,and could't do anything in the mid 00's?would you compare that to the Lebron situation,who kept trying for SEVEN years?

lakersiznumber1
06-10-2013, 08:18 PM
How did Kobe force his way to the Lakers? I keep seeing this stated as fact on here and I'm just trying to figure out where this was pulled from? The Hornets wanted Vlade and Jerry West talked John Calipari out of drafting Kobe earlier in the draft. This was a bigger risk on the Lakers part for sure. Vlade was a very good center at the time and was traded for a kid out of high school. I have no problem with opinions on here but when I keep seeing the same recycled bs statements on here it gets old. Just because you hear someone say something on this forum doesn't mean you should keep repeating on here as fact because then you make yourself look as misinformed as they are.

well a lot of kobe haters believe that kobe convinced stern to force the hornets to trade kobe to the lakers for Vlade Divac:drunk:

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 08:18 PM
either way, kobe was a 17/18 yr old KID when this happened not without much persuasion by his agent I'm sure.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/02/jerry-west-talked-john-calipari-out-of-drafting-kobe/
There's an account from the man who drafted him. I would say more credible than "insider" accounts.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:20 PM
not true.

You're right. He had an agent so he couldn't play college (if he didn't he could have), but he could play Euro-ball even with draft rights.

It was something screwed up.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Lebron.

I like how some ppl are basically trying to disrespect Kobe just because he's not as good as LeBron.

Naps and buckets are kobephiles as well. can never get kobes name out their mouth.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
not true.
No it's not. I'm not here to correct people's opinions but all of the bs spewed as fact on here is just plain ridiculous. In a new twist of events when I thought I had heard it all he threatened to play in Europe. It's really laughable honestly. So that's the threat that gets you to the Lakers the threat of a kid with an NBA dream going to play in Europe please. The funny thing is that you guys who aren't even Laker fans seem like NBA experts on a player who doesn't even play for you. Before you go all well no Laker fan is a Lebron expert I will agree fully. I really don't care because he doesn't play for the team I root for. Maybe some Laker fans care, I do not. I wouldn't spend that much effort time on a player who doesn't play for the team I root for.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
I will say this tho, kobe got it done when he had help in his prime. something lebron still needs to do.

another lose in the finals with the heat would really hurt lebrons legacy, maybe not individually but team accomplishments, yes.

bucketss
06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Lebron.

I like how some ppl are basically trying to disrespect Kobe just because he's not as good as LeBron.

Naps and buckets are kobephiles as well. can never get kobes name out their mouth.

i hardly talk about kobe,

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Prime Shaq

Prime SHAQ mixed with Prime IVERSON

or LSU SHAQ mixed with G'TOWN IVERSON

that's about as close as you can get with LEBRON

b@llhog24
Bron, and by a good margin. Only non bigman player I'd take over him is MJ.

ChitownBears22
Lebron.

I like Kobe. I enjoy watching him, I own about 6 pairs of his Zoom 4's and 5's, think he is an all-time great.

What I don't like are these Kobephiles who just talk **** on LeBron. Kobe has a scetchy NBA history as well. Doesn't mean he isn't great.

Purple_n_Gold
You're right. He had an agent so he couldn't play college (if he didn't he could have), but he could play Euro-ball even with draft rights.

It was something screwed up.
Stop piggybacking off people's comments. You don't know what you are talking about so stop. First you said it wasn't a certain way in 96 (ignorant), then you say you were wrong, then you see other people's untrue comments and jump on their thoughts. You are part of the problem of this site.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM

that's about as close as you can get with LEBRON

Yeah, no. No No No No No No No.

No.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
No it's not. I'm not here to correct people's opinions but all of the bs spewed as fact on here is just plain ridiculous. In a new twist of events when I thought I had heard it all he threatened to play in Europe. It's really laughable honestly. So that's the threat that gets you to the Lakers the threat of a kid with an NBA dream going to play in Europe please. The funny thing is that you guys who aren't even Laker fans seem like NBA experts on a player who doesn't even play for you. Before you go all well no Laker fan is a Lebron expert I will agree fully. I really don't care because he doesn't play for the team I root for. Maybe some Laker fans care, I do not. I wouldn't spend that much effort time on a player who doesn't play for the team I root for.

This was the first I heard of kobe potentially playing in europe. I don't know where this idea of kobe forced his way to the lakers came from. Its nowhere near the eli fiasco. But I'm sure kobe did want to play for the lakers although largely it was due to west wanting kobe and shaq to be a star duo, and kobe's agent was happy to oblige that idea.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Stop piggybacking off people's comments. You don't know what you are talking about so stop. First you said it wasn't a certain way in 96 (ignorant), then you say you were wrong, then you see other people's untrue comments and jump on their thoughts. You are part of the problem of this site.

No he could play Euro-ball that is true. HE could play college ball even if he was drafted as long as he didn't have an agent and didn't sign a team contract. The contract was because he was 17, and he had to have a parent co-sign it.

WARRIORS@GR
[

Lebron.

Exactly.

Kobephiles and Lebroniacs(or whatever their name is) are what they are,but facts are facts too.

jerellh528
Lebron.

buckets isnt really a kobephile, just a really annoying heat/lebron homer. But naps, and hawkeye, those guys are the worst kobephiles.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
[

Exactly.

Kobephiles and Lebroniacs(or whatever their name is) are what they are,but facts are facts too.

Ahem, LeBoners.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:32 PM
This was the first I heard of kobe potentially playing in europe. I don't know where this idea of kobe forced his way to the lakers came from. Its nowhere near the eli fiasco. But I'm sure kobe did want to play for the lakers although largely it was due to west wanting kobe and shaq to be a star duo, and kobe's agent was happy to oblige that idea.
Exactly. Everyone's opinions are theirs respectively. It's all these bs stories that are manufactured that are ridiculous. What kills me is people who claim to know so much about players who aren't on the team they root for. They see other nonsense on here and run with it as fact.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 08:34 PM

This is why I know that prime word is a bunch of poppycock

how in the world did LEBRON carry that 07' squad to Finals if he wasn't primed? or that damn good, or really really that damn good individually?

now had LEBRON been surrounded by BOSH/WADE during 03-07 im sure he would have squeezed in 2-3Finals app. in 5yrs or more

he wouldn't have taken 4yrs to reach a Finals with SHAQ, that's reserved for BEAN

I bet BEAN wouldn't have taken BIG Z to Finals during 4 or 8yrs as mates, just not In him to carry a team solo by himself deep(see 05-07' for proof)in playoffs

I watched BRON his rookie yr and said to myself over and over if you put any amount of impact player(s) around him its a Finals trip annually, almost like SHAQ was from 95' and on or IVERSON, you just knew the impact and dominance was there, top 10 best ever type

BEAN came into the league and handpicked his team and was a backupguard

next

Lakers + Giants

agree with this. some ppl on PSD always say this when this has never been true, stupid.

Purple_n_Gold
No he could play Euro-ball that is true. HE could play college ball even if he was drafted as long as he didn't have an agent and didn't sign a team contract. The contract was because he was 17, and he had to have a parent co-sign it.
He had an agent so scratch that. Why would an American kid with NBA dreams go play in Europe at 17? Do you think anybody would believe that? Like I said stick to what you know. You are still proving you have no idea what you are talking about.

tredigs
06-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Well this is a fresh idea! ...

Anyway, there are teams and situations where I would prefer Kobe, but give me Lebron not knowing anything else.

Pretty tired of seeing these weak "Kobephile", "Lebronite" cutdowns (?) btw. They're both lazy, unfunny and just generally stupid.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:37 PM
agree with this. some ppl on PSD always say this when this has never been true, stupid.
This is my only point. It's recycled garbage, not true whatsoever. Although I heard a new one today, he threatened to play in Europe. Maybe that is the real truth.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 08:37 PM

I bet he was a backup guard

I bet he was backing up JONES and VANEXEL, top 20 players of alltime right?(im being very ****ing funny)

I bet NETS and HORNETS wanted him before LA?

MAGIC did the same thing and its well documented, im not going to post something that's already been posted or spoken on many many a times

deal with it and make sure you call me out if im lying about him being a backup guard to non HOF'ers

talk about hype in superdrive

this so called top 10 best player ever to do it was starting on allstar teams but not for his regular season squad

now call me a liar or tell me im making some ******** up

I bet im the solution to this legendary site

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I bet he was a backup guard

I bet he was backing up JONES and VANEXEL, top 20 players of alltime right?(im being very ****ing funny)

I bet NETS and HORNETS wanted him before LA?

MAGIC did the same thing and its well documented, im not going to post something that's already been posted or spoken on many many a times

deal with it and make sure you call me out if im lying about him being a backup guard to non HOF'ers

talk about hype in superdrive

this so called top 10 best player ever to do it was starting on allstar teams but not for his regular season squad

now call me a liar or tell me im making some ******** up

I bet im the solution to this legendary site
Who are you and who was talking about you or to you? You want attention PM me and wait for a response. Have a great day.

WARRIORS@GR
06-10-2013, 08:39 PM
This is off topic,just wanted to say it.

How much better would the forum be,if everybody had on their ignore list all the {enter name}haters-lovers-trolls?

I could get along with trolls like DoMeFavors,he is just delusional and what he says offers laugh most times.

But guys like amos1er,illusionist24,justinum and some other bandwagon lebron-kobe trolls need to get out.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
buckets isnt really a kobephile, just a really annoying heat/lebron homer. But naps, and hawkeye, those guys are the worst kobephiles.

hawkeye isn't a kobephile, some laker fans (not me) don't like hawk because he dislikes the lakers and kobe but hawk does always give credit to kobe and the lakers when it is due, ive seen it numerous amount of times.

Naps and buckets are plain homers and trolls.

Pacerlive
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Chose Kobe since as Phil Jackson put it Lebron doesn't have the lust to score like Kobe or Lebron. When it comes time to dominate at the highest stage I would chose Kobe over Lebron.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Well this is a fresh idea! ...

Anyway, there are teams and situations where I would prefer Kobe, but give me Lebron not knowing anything else.

Pretty tired of seeing these weak "Kobephile", "Lebronite" cutdowns (?) btw. They're both lazy, unfunny and just generally stupid.

agree with this completely.

and yes, depending on the situation this can actually be a tough question, but without knowing anything, lebron, easily.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
This is my only point. It's recycled garbage, not true whatsoever. Although I heard a new one today, he threatened to play in Europe. Maybe that is the real truth.

Now since you seem to know it all about Purp n Gold

heres some insightful info for you

and next time tell your LA calvary to post this also instead of just that stupid *** comment JORDAN made about him not teaming up with BIRD/MAGIC

he forgot to post this like I been saying about these greatest frontrunners top 10 alltime, that's they true ranking

Read carefully below and don't strain your eye vision when you witness the frontrunning mentality of the so called 'greatest' PG

Heres the quote before he forgot which route he took upon entering the nba

Magic Johnson joins the cavalcade of those saying, essentially, hey LeBron James, real men don't play with superstars.

"We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

but he wants to diss LEBRON, what a pathetic 5x winner, BEAN included

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 08:43 PM
This is off topic,just wanted to say it.

How much better would the forum be,if everybody had on their ignore list all the {enter name}haters-lovers-trolls?

I could get along with trolls like DoMeFavors,he is just delusional and what he says offers laugh most times.

But guys like amos1er,illusionist24,justinum and some other bandwagon lebron-kobe trolls need to get out.

agreed.

Eg714
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Lebron impacts the game more but Kobe's a winner and more fun to watch. Kobe also steps up when the games on the line and doesn't disappear like lebron tends to do at times. Give me Kobe.

Tony_Starks
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
David Robinson scored 71 points in a game and won two rings as a
"sidekick." Does that make his prime greater than Lebron's? Your point is a bad one.

D Rob score 71 in a game where he was going for the scoring title at the end of the season, with his teammates having every intention of feeding him the rock until he got it.

Kobe dropped 81 in a plain old regular game where the Lakers were losing, had a horrible squad, and had to go off just for a comeback victory.

Sorry bro, not even near to a close comparison. Not to mention when Kobe dropped 65 against Dallas and proceeded to take the 4th quarter off.

Anyway if you choose Lebron then hey good for you, you can't go wrong either way. As for me the amazing feats I saw Kobe accomplish that I've never saw before lead me to choose him.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 08:48 PM
You la fanatics stay on that good dope

should I post that reason why BEAN wanted LA over NETS/HORNETS?

how could a so called top 10 best player ever not go to a bottom feeder and build'em and lead'em to promise land to show his true top 10 ability or go to a damn near 60 win team with modern day WILT same offseason

you guys are truly fanatics, go purp n gold

Purple_n_Gold

and next time tell your LA calvary to post this also instead of just that stupid *** comment JORDAN made about him not teaming up with BIRD/MAGIC

he forgot to post this like I been saying about these greatest frontrunners top 10 alltime, that's they true ranking

Read carefully below and don't strain your eye vision when you witness the frontrunning mentality of the so called 'greatest' PG

Magic Johnson joins the cavalcade of those saying, essentially, hey LeBron James, real men don't play with superstars.

"We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."
I think you need help. Who is talking about Magic? Like I said if you want my attention PM me. Laker cavalry? What the hell are you talking about? Teaming up with other players? I never commented on that. You have misguided time and anger apply that to something constructive and might succeed in your life goals.

WARRIORS@GR
This is not the point though..
Point is,Lebron is viewed as a coward and gets bashed for leaving his team after 7 years of trying on his own,with laughable supporting casts.

While Kobe who gets the credit for playing in one team his whole career,never was in the same situation.
And when he was,for a couple years,he was forcing his team to trade for help or he would leave.

That argument to me is pure nonsense.

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 08:49 PM

magic, a rook? vs a hardened NBA vet in the prime of his career?

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
This is not the point though..
Point is,Lebron is viewed as a coward and gets bashed for leaving his team after 7 years of trying on his own,with laughable supporting casts.

While Kobe who gets the credit for playing in one team his whole career,never was in the same situation.
And when he was,for a couple years,he was forcing his team to trade for help or he would leave.

That argument to me is pure nonsense.
This is the point that I AM TRYING TO MAKE. So it is the point of my post. Did I ever try to make that point or discredit Lebron? So what are you talking about. The point I was trying to make was that many people on here latch on to untruths. Just because other people say untruths in favor of Kobe on here doesn't mean you should repeat the untruths not in favor of him, or any player for that matter.

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Who is dissing Lebron again? I dont really tend to talk about players who dont play for the team i root for but hey keep it going. Man you are quite a character. You must really want my attn.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:08 PM
New age JORDAN gets traded for DIVAC,wow

JORDAN for DIVAC? that's way way worse than PAU for MARC/gun in the locker room guy with ARENAS and that also happened with LA getting PAU, talk about tradition at its finest

"We had the deal, " Bass said, "but who in the world thought (Bryant) would be there at No. 13? And the Lakers, regardless of what they said after they had (Bryant), but they wanted space on the cap to sign Shaquille O'Neal. And devious as I am, I thought it would be a good way to get Shaquille out of the Eastern Conference. If we'd have gotten Michael and some others out, that would have been something."

Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte.

Divac initially did not want to play for the Hornets, preferring to stay in L.A. where his wife was pursuing an acting career.

He subsequently changed his mind, as did the Hornets. Divac left the Hornets after the second season, opting to go back to California when he signed with Sacramento. In two seasons in Charlotte, Divac averaged 11.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.9 blocks.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:09 PM
MAGIC wanted ALCINDOR and LA

BEAN wanted modern day WILT and LA over CHARLOTTE according to his agent ARN TELLEM

tredigs
06-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Honestly this thread could be better and actually interesting if Laker + Heat fans weren't allowed to post (no offense Lakers+Giants and other rational fans).

Just too close to home for most of their own fanbase to rationally explore the debate without freaking out and regurgitating the same arguments for their childhood idols.

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Jerry West convinced Calipari not to draft him. Where do you guys get your info at seriously?

"We had the deal, " Bass said, "but who in the world thought (Bryant) would be there at No. 13? And the Lakers, regardless of what they said after they had (Bryant), but they wanted space on the cap to sign Shaquille O'Neal. And devious as I am, I thought it would be a good way to get Shaquille out of the Eastern Conference. If we'd have gotten Michael and some others out, that would have been something."

Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte.

Divac initially did not want to play for the Hornets, preferring to stay in L.A. where his wife was pursuing an acting career.

He subsequently changed his mind, as did the Hornets. Divac left the Hornets after the second season, opting to go back to California when he signed with Sacramento. In two seasons in Charlotte, Divac averaged 11.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.9 blocks.

Tony_Starks
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Honestly this thread could be better and actually interesting if Laker + Heat
fans weren't allowed to post (no offense Lakers+Giants and other rational fans).

Just too close to home for most of their own fanbase to rationally explore the debate without freaking out and regurgitating the same arguments for their childhood idols.

Naw man, I enjoy some of the stuff some of these serious haters on both sides concoct. Some of these reasons and theories they come up with is actually entertaining, it's like hearing JFK theories.....

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Who is dissing Lebron again? I dont really tend to talk about players who dont play for the team i root for but hey keep it going. Man you are quite a character. You must really want my attn.

C'mon man stop trying to act like you don't read your fellow la fanatics and **** they say about BRON, I didn't say you I said your calvary/fiens

want your attention? it seems I've got yours which is supposed to happen when debating in a sports forum right? you guys are also sensitive type

damn

it is a diss to LEBRON when he put in 7yrs of work then went elsewhere via free agency but BEAN/MAGIC handpicked they team in draft, pre rookie yr

you do understand la won like 55-60 games prior to BEA N and SHAQ joining them right? and they still couldn't get to a FINALS until 4yrs later, talk about hype in la

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I wonder had BRON told CAVS not to draft him because he didn't want to play for small market it would have been the DECISION before the DECISION, with or without espn

jerellh528
06-10-2013, 09:21 PM
C'mon man stop trying to act like you don't read your fellow la fanatics and **** they say about BRON, I didn't say you I said your calvary/fiens

want your attention? it seems I've got yours which is supposed to happen when debating in a sports forum right? you guys are also sensitive type

damn

it is a diss to LEBRON when he put in 7yrs of work then went elsewhere via free agency but BEAN/MAGIC handpicked they team in draft, pre rookie yr

you do understand la won like 55-60 games prior to BEA N and SHAQ joining them right? and they still couldn't get to a FINALS until 4yrs later, talk about hype in la

Damn dude, why are you so upset and hate the lakers so much? You sound like the biggest "la fanatic" in this thread. Take a chill pill

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Who are you and who was talking about you or to you? You want attention PM me and wait for a response. Have a great day.

you said the dude was making untrue statements and givin this site a bad name so I stated factual statements and you still cant seem to understand it

was BEAN a backupguard or no?

im not making this **** up, it happened

how good is a backup player in the NBA for yrs? outside of the la market hype that is?

next

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Damn dude, why are you so upset and hate the lakers so much? You sound like the biggest "la fanatic" in this thread. Take a chill pill

Wouldn't I be making up a bunch of ******** if I was a hater? a hater talks about **** that didn't happen

what do you call a person who says what happened?

BRON didn't give CAVS his all for 7yrs out of his 10nba yrs?

well I guess I am a hater for speaking on what happened

the truth=the new hater

I was off 2 wins, they won 53 games in 96', how is that hate from me again, I was in the ballpark right?

LEBRON led CAVS to finals in 4yrs with BIG Z and BEAN did same thing in la as robin to SHAQ right? or is that a bunch of 'hate' im spewing?

this hate word originated from the haters in la and abroad

the weakest **** in the world is to call a person crazy and now at 1a, a hater

when all else fails he is a hater and he crazy, next

MAGIC was 1 of my alltime favs, but I call a spade a spade, he was a frontrunner but still had impact/game top notch

ALCINDOR also, SHAQ in la I rooted for them all the time, its that all the cheating and frontrunning is a big part in la right, 16 ships right? that's a lot of rigging for 1 org.

plus I was a VANEXEL fan, so I don't understand where this 'laker' hate is coming from, I play the game so I root for the players on individual level, to hell with a team/org, now they some ungrateful unloyal haters if you want to use the 'hate' word in proper context

amos1er
06-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Where is that a rule? Or did you just make that up. I'm guessing it's the latter of the two.

Who are you to judge what someone deserves anyways?

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Kobe 10/10 times.

amos1er
06-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Prime Kobe easily.

Kobe was a far bigger draw in ticket sales that Lebron ever was. That alone would convince me to take Kobe if I'm the owner of any team. In addition, Kobe has played at a high level the longest of anyone in NBA history, that coupled with his draw factor, I don't see how any owner who is focused on turning a profit could turn that down. I'll take work ethic and determination over raw skill any day of the week. Especially from a business standpoint.

Bigger draw and for a greater period of time, which mean greater profits for longer. I'm taking Kobe.

amos1er
06-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Kobe 10/10 times.

amen!

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Let me see who would I take

the kid out of HS who chose his destination and was a backup for 3yrs, last team I can think of to win 50 plus games with lottery pick was DET and they took DARKO, and had MELO for the taking, and DARKO was a non hyped backup player, now I can see if BEAN would have done like KG and started like 2nd half or rookie yr, like the clearly true franchise player that KG was, not some hyped up bench player but starting on allstar team

or would I take the kid out of HS who played for his bottom feeder hometown led'em to Finals and annual contenders then pulled a BEAN 7yrs later to go play with a ship style roster

he did the same exact thing MAGIC/BEAN did 7yrs later, they did it right off top on draft night

in a landslide, LEBRON

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:41 PM
amen!

Preach brother amos cookies, take'em to chuuuuch

amos1er
06-10-2013, 09:45 PM

the kid out of HS who chose his destination and was a backup for 3yrs

or the kid out of HS who played for his bottom feeder hometown led'em to Finals and annual contenders then pulled a BEAN 7yrs later to go play with a ship style roster

he did the same exact thing MAGIC/BEAN did 7yrs later, they did it right off top on draft night

in a landslide, LEBRON

So the fact that Kobe generated more money for his franchise for a longer period of time doesn't matter to you at all. What a bad owner you are. I don't know anyone that would turn away money and that's exactly what you would be doing by picking Lebron over Kobe.

amos1er
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Preach brother amos cookies, take'em to chuuuuch

:cricket:

3RDASYSTEM
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Prime Kobe easily.

Kobe was a far bigger draw in ticket sales that Lebron ever was. That alone would convince me to take Kobe if I'm the owner of any team. In addition, Kobe has played at a high level the longest of anyone in NBA history, that coupled with his draw factor, I don't see how any owner who is focused on turning a profit could turn that down. I'll take work ethic and determination over raw skill any day of the week. Especially from a business standpoint.

Bigger draw and for a greater period of time, which mean greater profits for longer. I'm taking Kobe.

LAKERS are the biggest draw, like the YANKS with AROD or without him, same with JETER, its all aobut tradition and BEAN knew that at draft night, HORNETS/NETS vs LAKERS tradition, now that's 10/10 for you right there,LAKERS tradition all day

96-08'', then blackballed at highest level trumps or equal at worst to a (96' drafted)2000-12' run, so I don't believe you

how about a killer work ethic+freakish unreal natural physical+athletic ability to match+26ft range in HS scouting report+MAGIC like court vision= LEBRON JAMES

we sitting here actually comparing 'something we've never saw once in a lifetime type player' vs 'a elvis impersonator',JORDAN is elvis, BRON is IVERSON/WILT=LIL BIG DIPPER

What yr was BEAN primed? was it 2000 or 96'? or 98'? or 2004-07? or was it 2008-12'?

LEBRON was primed 2004 ROY and was still primed in 07' and still primed his first 09' NBA MVP and was still primed when he or HOWARD were swindled out of the NBA MVP in 11', and last I checked LEBRON is in the 13' Finals and still 'primed' or is he super duper supernatural primed? your call

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Step 1: Get prime shaq
Step 2: Get any hack SG, any will do, let's take Kobe for this example
Step 3. Three-peat
:facepalm:

^

i hardly talk about kobe,:laugh:

that's about as close as you can get with LEBRONDo you ever read what you type???? My god...

Purple_n_Gold
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM

Jerry West says differently in his book. Where is your source coming from? Did someone talk about your mom or something because I swear you seem a little over sensitive yourself about something that shouldn't be raising your BP like this.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM

the kid out of HS who chose his destination and was a backup for 3yrs, last team I can think of to win 50 plus games with lottery pick was DET and they took DARKO, and had MELO for the taking, and DARKO was a non hyped backup player, now I can see if BEAN would have done like KG and started like 2nd half or rookie yr, like the clearly true franchise player that KG was, not some hyped up bench player but starting on allstar team

or would I take the kid out of HS who played for his bottom feeder hometown led'em to Finals and annual contenders then pulled a BEAN 7yrs later to go play with a ship style roster

in a landslide, LEBRON
I'm i the only one who is convinced that this guy is HellCrooners dupe?:laugh:

sfattahian
06-10-2013, 10:03 PM
The question is who would you sign? I don't have a preference, I think you'd be set either way.

I wish you would have asked, who is the better player in their prime...

Have you guys ever seen them matched up against each other? Kobe always schools LeBron on offense and defense and I'm an anti-Lakers guy and pro-LeBron guy. I love LeBron. Kobe scores at will against LeBron 1-on-1, even now, and LeBron gets locked down by Kobe when they get matched up 1-on-1.

But Kobe was so much better of a player, had so much more of a will to win, so much more talented on offense and defense. LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster, but Bryant's skill far exceeds LeBron's. Stats aside, Kobe is the second best player I've ever seen after MJ (MJ significantly better than Kobe). I might rather "sign" a guy like Shaq than either of these two, but Kobe is the best player, even though that's a completely different distinction in my opinion.

amos1er
06-10-2013, 10:04 PM
LAKERS are the biggest draw, like the YANKS with AROD or without him, same with JETER, its all aobut tradition and BEAN knew that at draft night, HORNETS/NETS vs LAKERS tradition, now that's 10/10 for you right there,LAKERS tradition all day

96-08'', then blackballed at highest level trumps or equal at worst to a (96' drafted)2000-12' run, so I don't believe you

how about a killer work ethic+freakish unreal natural physical+athletic ability to match+26ft range in HS scouting report+MAGIC like court vision= LEBRON JAMES

we sitting here actually comparing 'something we've never saw once in a lifetime type player' vs 'a elvis impersonator',JORDAN is elvis, BRON is IVERSON/WILT=LIL BIG DIPPER

What yr was BEAN primed? was it 2000 or 96'? or 98'? or 2004-07? or was it 2008-12'?

LEBRON was primed 2004 ROY and was still primed in 07' and still primed his first 09' NBA MVP and was still primed when he or HOWARD were swindled out of the NBA MVP in 11', and last I checked LEBRON is in the 13' Finals and still 'primed' or is he super duper supernatural primed? your call

Huh???

mexican dodger
06-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Kobe

FraziersKnicks
06-10-2013, 10:07 PM
LeBron quite easily.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Suck it Kobe. LeBron in a landslide!

hidalgo
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
LeBron no contest

mngopher35
06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Suck it Kobe. LeBron in a landslide!

This is exactly what we don't need in this forum. Just because more people think Lebron had a better prime doesn't take anything away from Kobe. They are both amazing players and there isn't necessarily a wrong answer. To me I would take Lebron pretty easily, but that doesn't make my opinion right and someone taking kobe wrong. It just means we value different things, analyze what we see slightly different, have different criteria etc. Having an actual discussion on which player has a better career, prime, peak is great but it never really happens because some people are too intent on completely trashing one player while praising the other.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Honestly this thread could be better and actually interesting if Laker + Heat fans weren't allowed to post (no offense Lakers+Giants and other rational fans).

while these types of threads never work, besides circumstances (because it was a reality), it reminds me of the Jordan/Dream debate. No doubt Jordan is the guy, AFTER THE FACT, that GM's would pick, as is LeBron, but its not like the other GM wouldn't have gotten a pretty damn sweet consolation prize.

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 10:49 PM

enitialdee
06-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I would go with lebron, not because I'm anti Kobe or a Lebron nut hugger, both are awesome.. I just think Lebron will have a bigger impact on a bottom feeding team, that's the question of this tread btw, and Lebron have already shown that he can do that.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2013, 11:05 PM

No offense taken, completely agree with you.

jayjay33
06-10-2013, 11:11 PM

Maybe to people who lack the ability to think ahead. It's fair to go either way, but lets say if somebody were to take Kobe over Lebron. If you think when both player career was said and done they would be call and idiot for doing so then, I you might be the idiot. In fact theirs a good chance they come out looking like a genius, if one fade's with his body and the other gives you more years and chances at rings because the majority of his game is not based on athleticism.

And as for that for more with far less. Really? Now that's just stupid, stop it.

Sota4Ever
06-10-2013, 11:13 PM
A prime Kobe.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe to people who lack the ability to think ahead. It's fair to go either way, but lets say if somebody were to take Kobe over Lebron. If you think when both player career was said and done they would be call and idiot for doing so then, I you might be the idiot. In fact theirs a good chance they come out looking like a genius, if one fade's with his body and the other gives you more years and chances at rings because the majority of his game is not based on athleticism.

And as for that for more with far less. Really? Now that's just stupid, stop it.

Bron has at a minimum, 5 individual better years than Kobe ever has (and that is at age 28). You would be insane not to take that.

jayjay33
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM

Bron has at a minimum, 5 individual better years than Kobe ever has (and that is at age 28). You would be insane not to take that.

And kobe has 5 rings.This is real life not fantasy basketball. Having better stats is not the goal, lol. Winning is.

camador22
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Prime Lebron, and it's not even close. Kobe will always be known as a scorer that was a good man to man defender. Lebron impacts every level of the game at the highest level. We could talk championships all we want but Kobe was the second best player in three titles. That does mean he doesn't deserves lots of credit, but lets not talk about Kobes 5 titles as we do with Jordan's titles.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Prime Lebron, and it's not even close. Kobe will always be known as a scorer that was a good man to man defender. Lebron impacts every level of the game at the highest level. We could talk championships all we want but Kobe was the second best player in three titles. That does mean he doesn't deserves lots of credit, but lets not talk about Kobes 5 titles as we do with Jordan's titles.

Well any rings that can't be brought up in a debate, you in fact aren't getting any credit for. And LBJ had wade and bosh and won 1. So does his win not count either? Lol

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 12:30 AM
The question is who would you sign? I don't have a preference, I think you'd be set either way.

I wish you would have asked, who is the better player in their prime...

Have you guys ever seen them matched up against each other? Kobe always schools LeBron on offense and defense and I'm an anti-Lakers guy and pro-LeBron guy. I love LeBron. Kobe scores at will against LeBron 1-on-1, even now, and LeBron gets locked down by Kobe when they get matched up 1-on-1.

But Kobe was so much better of a player, had so much more of a will to win, so much more talented on offense and defense. LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster, but Bryant's skill far exceeds LeBron's. Stats aside, Kobe is the second best player I've ever seen after MJ (MJ significantly better than Kobe). I might rather "sign" a guy like Shaq than either of these two, but Kobe is the best player, even though that's a completely different distinction in my opinion.

So true, far more skilled. Kobe with lebron's size and athleticism? Game over.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
And kobe has 5 rings.This is real life not fantasy basketball. Having better stats is not the goal, lol. Winning is.

and not understanding basketball is a team sport is all Kobe or Russell fans have.

Tony_Starks
06-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Well any rings that can't be brought up in a debate, you in fact aren't getting any credit for. And LBJ had wade and bosh and won 1. So does his win not count either? Lol

Kobe's rings don't count because he had Phil and a allstar.

MJ had Phil and a allstar, but all his rings count.

Lebron had 2 all stars and coughed up a final but his one ring counts. AND if he loses this year it's not his fault.

Welcome to psd logic!

Purple_n_Gold
06-11-2013, 12:38 AM
This is exactly what we don't need in this forum. Just because more people think Lebron had a better prime doesn't take anything away from Kobe. They are both amazing players and there isn't necessarily a wrong answer. To me I would take Lebron pretty easily, but that doesn't make my opinion right and someone taking kobe wrong. It just means we value different things, analyze what we see slightly different, have different criteria etc. Having an actual discussion on which player has a better career, prime, peak is great but it never really happens because some people are too intent on completely trashing one player while praising the other.
Very well said and completely agree. This is a matter of opinion and you usually aren't gonna sway someone with their mind set the other way. Also it is very much agreed that you do not have to state your opinion while trashing the other player because to act like we are talking about bench players here is ridiculous.

RiceOnTheRun
06-11-2013, 12:45 AM
In the east, i highly doubt it. Replace Kobe with Lebron and i doubt lebron shoulders the scoring load late in games deep in the playoffs when shaq is getting hacked. Kobe won games late for the lakers during their 3peat with his amazing clutch scoring ability. Simply took games over and caught fire. Lebron is 2 games into the finals shooting very poorly in both games.

But that's the thing with Lebron. If he has a bad shooting night, he'll pick it up in other areas of the court. Game 2, he shoots pretty bad, so he runs the PnR as the screener and opens things up for Chalmers. He defends just as good as always. Even with a "bad game" he still manages to contribute to the team.

Kobe fan, Lebron fan. Doesn't matter. This is the correct answer. Problem is, if you keep a team of scrubs around him, he's gonna bounce the **** outta there. He's not the type to tolerate mediocrity like Lebron did in Cleveland. So putting him on a team of scrubs might not make him too happy.

RiceOnTheRun
06-11-2013, 12:49 AM

Kobe at age 28 had three rings.

Lebron could have two depending on the results of this final.

His were won as the man of the team while Kobe was second to Shaq.
However, they were 3/3 while Lebron is 1/2 so far. So that's something to Kobe.

goingfor28
06-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Kobe and I fkn hate the lakers. But Kobe 10x out of 10. He got that killer mentality

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 01:13 AM

Kobe at age 28 had three rings.

Lebron could have two depending on the results of this final.

His were won as the man of the team while Kobe was second to Shaq.
However, they were 3/3 while Lebron is 1/2 so far. So that's something to Kobe.

I reject your "the man" argument. Because what does that really means if you have wade and bosh? How does wade and bosh together have any less impact than shaq by himself in either end if the floor? The two of them give a team more than shaq ever could, so winning with them is no more impressive than winning with shaq. I don't see how one deserves more credit for winning with wade and bosh than the other for winning with Shaq, from a basketball stand point. That's not any harder, if anything it's easier.

lakerboy
06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Easier to say Lebron now bec you're seeing the prime Lebron now.

Prime Kobe was just insane, and he had a really bad team back then.

Also, old Kobe will be a lot better than old Lebron in the future. No doubt.

Kevj77
06-11-2013, 01:37 AM
To start a team probably Lebron. However, anyone that acts like they would alway take Lebron over Kobe is kidding themselves. With Shaq give me a Kobe or even prime Tmac over Lebron. Shaq in his prime would have been the first option over even Lebron. Lebonites don't kid yourself I know you like to say Kobe was a sidekick to prime Shaq. Lebron would be a sidekick to prime Shaq.

Kobe had what you need to be Shaq's sidekick the ability to take over in clutch situations. Shaq dominated 44 minutes of the game, but the hack a shap with his 50% FT% limited him at the end of games. Lebron passes tough shots, Kobe hits clutch baskets.

Kevj77
06-11-2013, 01:41 AM
I know people are going to rip me for saying Lebron would be a sidekick to prime Shaq, but it is true. Just to not even make this about Kobe, I'd take Tmac over Lebron to play with Shaq.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 01:45 AM

and not understanding basketball is a team sport is all Kobe or Russell fans have.

Nope, it's actually that unlike the Lebron jockers we understand that also goes for individual stats as well it's all base on your teammates. But people who want to make flip flop arguments pretend you only need teammates for . rings. Lmao!

Sn its not just you. So let me end this absurd rhetoric that's going around, right now.

I have yet to see anyone, make a case that stats or efficiency are any less dependent on teammates than rings. So this lame *** argument is for people who don't know any better. You can't can't win a ring by yourself. but last time I check and you can't put up numbers playing 1 on 5 either. LBJ is not passing to himself out there.

So until LBJ walks out on the court all by his lonesome his stats are no less dependent on his teammates than Kobe's rings are. And rings trump stats. End thread.....

ThuglifeJ
06-11-2013, 01:50 AM
There is no better "prime" player than Shaquille O Neil. You literally have yourself a free championship with a prime Shaq.. anyway

Kobe has had and probably will have a better CAREER than Lebron. But when speaking of prime time, Lebron is better all around. If I need a scorer I'd take Kobe 100% of the time tho.

I hate when people make these threads when their is a finals WITH Lebron in it going on. The fact they are seeing Lebron come off a good finals game while Kobe has been out and semi-forgotten for awhile now.. means everyone's on Lebron's dick besides Lakers fans. It's just the sad truth.

fact: If Kobe was playing in the finals right now and Lebron wasn't, a large perecentage of the poster's saying Lebron would be shifted towards saying Kobe.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 01:54 AM
To start a team probably Lebron. However, anyone that acts like they would alway take Lebron over Kobe is kidding themselves. With Shaq give me a Kobe or even prime Tmac over Lebron. Shaq in his prime would have been the first option over even Lebron. Lebonites don't kid yourself I know you like to say Kobe was a sidekick to prime Shaq. Lebron would be a sidekick to prime Shaq.

Kobe had what you need to be Shaq's sidekick the ability to take over in clutch situations. Shaq dominated 44 minutes of the game, but the hack a shap with his 50% FT% limited him at the end of games. Lebron passes tough shots, Kobe hits clutch baskets.

There's nothing wrong if some wants LBJ over Kobe. But all this Kobe's not even close to LBJ aka Lebron shots on Kobe is bull ****.

I would luv to see these two in there primes equal teams, coaching etc. Go at just so I could come in here and ask all these lebrites why LBJ is not running all over Kobe on the court since he is so far and away better. They would have a thousand and 1 excuses in why they bull shots not playing out on the court. Lol

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 01:54 AM

True people forget how jaw dropping prime Kobe was.

DDynO
06-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Lebron, no question. LBJ right now is better than any of Kobe's best seasons.

ThuglifeJ
06-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Lebron, no question. LBJ right now is better than any of Kobe's best seasons.

this just isn't true. how can anyone say WAY better. just ruins your credibility.

fans so easy to forget..

I just don't think half the posters are intelligent enough to see how much more skilled Kobe was with the basketball. Kobe could pass too, I dont care that Lebron is a good passer so were all the greats Lebron just gets his passing hyped cuz well..HE PASSES instead of scores constantly. Not a bad thing but it can be a bad thing when you need a clutch shot and Lebron passes it off cuz he's no Kobe when it comes to getting your shot in pressure moments.

ThuglifeJ
06-11-2013, 02:05 AM
I used to think Kobe got hyped a lot but man...Kobe used to drop DIMES...wrap around 2 different bigs to get the ball to Shaq or whoever. Kobe just chose to score more or take tough shots.

I'd only take Lebron if we are starting from ground zero, no players on the team need to start with someone. Then I'd go Lebron cuz he's all around great. Rebounding, defense, size, strength, etc. He's perfect to build around.

carlthack
06-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Close, but I would say Kobe. We all must remember, we never really saw what kind of ridiculous numbers Kobe could've put up during his first 8 seasons in the league because he had a different role on his team than Lebron has always had. Lebron has always been #1 scoring option and ball handler for his teams.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Like people said, Lebron is in his prime right now so of course people will know/acknowledge his current greatness while a majoirty of people besides Lakers fans forgot about Kobe's prime.

IMO I would take a prime Kobe. Lebron is a beast and the most physically gifted player of all time but when I think of Kobe's prime, I will always remember how dominant and unguardable he was. Just the other day I was watching his 4 straight games of 50+, thats just ridiculous and insane. Lebron may put up better numbers but I think more NBA players would rather face prime Lebron over prime Kobe in a playoff series.

Dnovakovic099
06-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Like people said, Lebron is in his prime right now so of course people will know/acknowledge his current greatness while a majoirty of people besides Lakers fans forgot about Kobe's prime.

IMO I would take a prime Kobe. Lebron is a beast and the most physically gifted player of all time but when I think of Kobe's prime, I will always remember how dominant and unguardable he was. Just the other day I was watching his 4 straight games of 50+, thats just ridiculous and insane. Lebron may put up better numbers but I think more NBA players would rather face prime Lebron over prime Kobe in a playoff series.

I have still yet to see some factual evidence, besides the ******** 5 rings argument, to why Kobe is better.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 02:47 AM

This this and this! People seem to forget Kobe's greatness

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 02:50 AM

Weird thing is I was watching his greatest games as well the man is a living legend

Sactown
06-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Only way I take any version of Kobe over Lebron is if Prime Shaq comes too

Kevj77
06-11-2013, 03:26 AM
Only way I take any version of Kobe over Lebron is if Prime Shaq comes tooThat is almost exactly what I thought. I might even take Tmac over both. I'd still take Kobe over Lebron with a prime Shaq.

ArmLaker
06-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Prime meaning physically? Because as far as their games are concerned, going is a much more refined player than LeBron through and though. He's everything you want in a franchise player. I'd take Kobe Bryant within a heartbeat of LeBron James. You could've asked me that question 10 years ago, now, and 10 years from now when both their careers are over. Kobe>James

ArmLaker
06-11-2013, 03:37 AM

I just want to let you know, LeBron never had a supporting cast as ****** as Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker in his starting lineups. If LeBron had this team in the Western Conference given his choking habits in big games, he wouldn't even SNIFF the playoffs. Kobe is the better player, face it. He's proven it in the biggest stage over and over again. LeBron will probably never win another title because he's not getting past the Spurs this year and Idk how overrated D-Wade's knees are gonna hold up next year.

lakerboy
06-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Also, it is hard to take note what Kobe's prime years were.

Imagine how ironic this is. Kobe Bryant has been in the NBA finals 7 times in the past 14 years.

In his prime, from 26-29, he didn't get into the finals. It's almost like through his career, the worst of Kobe's years was during his "prime" from 2005-2008.

In my opinion, Kobe was best from 2008 to 2010.

amos1er
06-11-2013, 03:57 AM
I don't think you guys understand. The question is if your an owner, who do you sign, a prime Kobe or a prime Lebron. From an owners standpoint, they are most concerned with profits. Therefore this negates any statistical arguments. Stats don't turn profits...ticket sales do. Kobe has been the biggest draw since Jordan both nationally and internationally. That means your franchise is going to profit the most by signing Kobe Bean Bryant over any player since Jordan. That alone makes this question of signing prime Kobe or prime Lebron a landslide in Kobe's favor.

You can poll any owner in the NBA with this question and I will guarantee that they will all vote for Kobe 100% and that is all strictly money motivated which is by far their main concern. In addition, Kobe has been proven to have played at a top level for the longest period of time since Kareem. That means by signing Kobe, they are guaranteed not only max profits, they are guaranteed max profits for the longest possible duration of any player since Jordan. I'm sure that even the biggest Kobe haters on here will agree that his longevity is second to none. Longevity equals even more profits.

So let me break this down for you. Kobe will get any team he plays for the max amount of profit per year and will get them the most longevity on their investment. Anyone with any shed of business sense that is making this decision with their brains and not their hearts will see what a no brainer this is. I defy anyone to prove that Lebron can generate more money for a franchise than Kobe Bryant. It all comes down to the dollars and sense people. Even when Kobe had crappy teams, he still put more people in seats than anyone in the league including Lebron. He is just simply more entertaining to watch. Now, if I was starting a fantasy basketball team and I had a choice between prime Kobe and prime Lebron, I would take Lebron hands down. Too bad none of that translates into actual profits.

amos1er
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Also, it is hard to take note what Kobe's prime years were.

Imagine how ironic this is. Kobe Bryant has been in the NBA finals 7 times in the past 14 years.

In his prime, from 26-29, he didn't get into the finals. It's almost like through his career, the worst of Kobe's years was during his "prime" from 2005-2008.

In my opinion, Kobe was best from 2008 to 2010.

Yes, and he also drew in more money than any player. Any owner would take him over Lebron based on that alone.

Panoy
06-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Lebron! not even close.. so disrespectful..

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 04:12 AM
Kobe pretty handily.

Panoy
06-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Yes, and he also drew in more money than any player. Any owner would take him over Lebron based on that alone.
No, any owner would take Lebron over Kobe.

LBJ6
06-11-2013, 04:17 AM
That is almost exactly what I thought. I might even take Tmac over both. I'd still take Kobe over Lebron with a prime Shaq.
Your confused

ArmLaker
06-11-2013, 04:18 AM

Best comment on this thread so far, people are just dazzled at LeBron's greatness no doubt but as I've stated before, Kobe is going to send some of these posters a reminder that he has been the best player all along. He's like a hibernating bear right now ready to wake up and tear ***** up again. It's also amazing how quick people are to forget at what Kobe used to do with the shittiest supporting cast in the league at the time, oh and 3 NBA finals trips shortly thereafter.

LBJ6
06-11-2013, 04:22 AM
Kobe and I fkn hate the lakers. But Kobe 10x out of 10. He got that killer mentality
Killer and still losing, I guess he got killed.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Killer and still losing, I guess he got killed.

Lol, then what does that say about
Lebron cause kobe's won a hell of a lot more. So If Kobe got killed, I guess that means LBJ was never even existed. Lol

amos1er
06-11-2013, 04:38 AM
No, any owner would take Lebron over Kobe.

Proof? Kobe is the biggest draw in the world for an NBA player. Why would any owner turn that down?

Quinnsanity
06-11-2013, 04:44 AM
How the hell is this even close?!?!?!? It's LeBron by EONS, and I HATE him. Just look at the numbers:

Kobe's best season ('05-'06): 35.4 PPG, 28 PER, 55.9 TS%, 49.1 eFG%, 7.6% rebound rate, 24.1% assist rate, 2.4% steal rate, .7% block rate, 9% turnover rate, 38.7% usage rate, 114 offensive rating, 105 defensive rating, 11.6 offensive win shares, 3.7 defensive win shares, 15.3 win shares, .224 win shares/48

LeBron's best season ('12-'13): 26.8 PPG, 31.6 PER, 64% TS%, 60.3 eFG%, 13.1% rebound rate, 36.4% assist rate, 2.4% steal rate, 1.9% block rate, 12.4% turnover rate, 30.2% usage rate, 125 offensive rating, 101 defensive rating, 14.6 offensive win shares, 4.7 defensive win shares, 19.3 win shares, .332 win shares/48

Besides points per game (largely because of the difference in usage rate) and turnover rate (which is understandable considering LeBron passes the ball way more) LeBron wins in EVERY category. For the most part it's not even close. Don't use Miami as an excuse either, look at the Cleveland stats, they're basically like 97% as good.

There is no reasonable argument for Kobe over LeBron. It's not close. LeBron is in a class with only one other player and his initials are "MJ." Don't bring the word clutch into this, LeBron's clutch numbers dwarf Kobe's. Don't bring up rings either, because LeBron is still winning his and he didn't play with prime Shaq in his formative years. Kobe might be a better scorer, but that comes at the expense of plenty of missed shots and pissed off teammates who don't touch the ball. LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, defender, literally everything that doesn't have to do with scoring and frankly, it's not particularly close. I'll take any LeBron year from '07-'08 (his fifth year) on over ANY season of Kobe's. I DESPISE LeBron, but Kobe isn't even in his stratosphere.

Kevj77
06-11-2013, 04:47 AM
LeBron's clutch numbers dwarf Kobe's
No Kobe is way better in the clutch

That is why I feel Lebron fans need to called LeBoners. They have a hardon for him.

ArmLaker
06-11-2013, 04:52 AM
How the hell is this even close?!?!?!? It's LeBron by EONS, and I HATE him. Just look at the numbers:

Kobe's best season ('05-'06): 35.4 PPG, 28 PER, 55.9 TS%, 49.1 eFG%, 7.6% rebound rate, 24.1% assist rate, 2.4% steal rate, .7% block rate, 9% turnover rate, 38.7% usage rate, 114 offensive rating, 105 defensive rating, 11.6 offensive win shares, 3.7 defensive win shares, 15.3 win shares, .224 win shares/48

LeBron's best season ('12-'13): 26.8 PPG, 31.6 PER, 64% TS%, 60.3 eFG%, 13.1% rebound rate, 36.4% assist rate, 2.4% steal rate, 1.9% block rate, 12.4% turnover rate, 30.2% usage rate, 125 offensive rating, 101 defensive rating, 14.6 offensive win shares, 4.7 defensive win shares, 19.3 win shares, .332 win shares/48

Besides points per game (largely because of the difference in usage rate) and turnover rate (which is understandable considering LeBron passes the ball way more) LeBron wins in EVERY category. For the most part it's not even close. Don't use Miami as an excuse either, look at the Cleveland stats, they're basically like 97% as good.

There is no reasonable argument for Kobe over LeBron. It's not close. LeBron is in a class with only one other player and his initials are "MJ." Don't bring the word clutch into this, LeBron's clutch numbers dwarf Kobe's. Don't bring up rings either, because LeBron is still winning his and he didn't play with prime Shaq in his formative years. Kobe might be a better scorer, but that comes at the expense of plenty of missed shots and pissed off teammates who don't touch the ball. LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, defender, literally everything that doesn't have to do with scoring and frankly, it's not particularly close. I'll take any LeBron year from '07-'08 (his fifth year) on over ANY season of Kobe's. I DESPISE LeBron, but Kobe isn't even in his stratosphere.

If we're using stats then Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest of all time bar none

amos1er
06-11-2013, 04:58 AM

As I said before. If this was to draft a prime Kobe or Lebron for a fantasy basketball team, I would go with Lebron hands down. If I were an actual owner of a team concerned with maximizing profits, I go with Kobe hands down. Kobe was the biggest draw since Jordan and his longevity is second to none which means I get the most profits for the longest period of time by going with Kobe over any player including Lebron.

jam
06-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Lebron every time. Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, better.

hidalgo
06-11-2013, 05:17 AM
these polls are a joke, Kobe always comes back because the Lakers fans get wind of him being beaten legit in a poll, then they bombard the poll. it wasn't even close at first, now it's about tied, please, that's a rigged planned by fanboys comeback

about 8 people hang out in the Heat forum, about 200 in the Lakers forum. so clearly the Kobe homers ran to his rescue, again

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 05:25 AM

1. Don't use rings cause LBJ is still winning his? Really? That is beyond ridiculous. You wanna give LBJ credit for **** he hasn't done and may or may not do. You can't exclude what's one players has done because the other hasn't. You just argued rings don't count cause LBJ is still trying to win some. Slap yourself.

2. And Kobe's not in lebrons stratosphere? You should never be allowed to post ever again. You are clueless. Do you really think prime lebron could back up what you just said against prime Kobe on the court? Lets just say all things being equal teammates, coaching etc? Do you think lebron can go on a basketball court and back up your rhetoric and **** all over Kobe in a 7 game series? Cause I think it would take everything they had for either one to just barley get by the other. Who do you think lebron is baby Jesus? You lebrites are of the chain. Lol

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 05:27 AM
these polls are a joke, Kobe always comes back because the Lakers fans get wind of him being beaten legit in a poll, then they bombard the poll. it wasn't even close at first, now it's about tied, please, that's a rigged planned by fanboys comeback

about 8 people hang out in the Heat forum, about 200 in the Lakers forum. so clearly the Kobe homers ran to his rescue, again

Yes cause clearly the lebrites on here are few and far between. Lmao, try again. Lol

hidalgo
06-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Yes cause clearly the lebrites on here are few and far between. Lmao, try again. Lolexplain why it's always some weirdo comeback then? it's never a natural close poll with these 2. Lebron smokes him at first(when it's natural & first made), then magically Kobe gets 80 billion votes the next few days & comes back. that's a planned attack, not a natural poll. you kobe trolls need to swarm the polls faster so it looks more realistic, & not so planned out. a true poll with hundreds of thousands or millions would & have shown LeBron easily win, cause a Kobe fanboy attack wouldn't work then

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 07:17 AM
explain why it's always some weirdo comeback then? it's never a natural close poll with these 2. Lebron smokes him at first(when it's natural & first made), then magically Kobe gets 80 billion votes the next few days & comes back. that's a planned attack, not a natural poll. you kobe trolls need to swarm the polls faster so it looks more realistic, & not so planned out. a true poll with hundreds of thousands or millions would & have shown LeBron easily win, cause a Kobe fanboy attack wouldn't work then

Because leBoners are on this site 24/7 and swarm any thread with the word Lebron on it and spread his daily gospel. People who select Kobe may be doing other stuff instead of trolling this site all day long. There's a reason a lot of the heat bandwagoners that joined summer 2010 have thousands upon thousands of posts already, it's because that's what they do. Just because Kobe comes back doesn't mean kobe fans get word and come rescue him, as you suggest. think logically, people aren't checking this site like its their email dude.

JasonJohnHorn
06-11-2013, 07:39 AM
LBJ and it's not even close.

LBJ: Better rebounder, better playmaker, better defender, better close to the basket, better three point shooter
Kobe: Better mid-range jump shooter.

Really?

sammyvine
06-11-2013, 08:03 AM
lol at this thread

full of lebron and kobe fan boys

koreancabbage
06-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Because leBoners are on this site 24/7 and swarm any thread with the word Lebron on it and spread his daily gospel. People who select Kobe may be doing other stuff instead of trolling this site all day long. There's a reason a lot of the heat bandwagoners that joined summer 2010 have thousands upon thousands of posts already, it's because that's what they do. Just because Kobe comes back doesn't mean kobe fans get word and come rescue him, as you suggest. think logically, people aren't checking this site like its their email dude.

so are Kobephiles. There are probably more Kobephiles out there than Lebronites. lets be realistic here. If Kobe is the greater draw as most "Lakers" fan claim there is, there must be more Kobephiles out there by a long shot.

koreancabbage
06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
1. Don't use rings cause LBJ is still winning his? Really? That is beyond ridiculous. You wanna give LBJ credit for **** he hasn't done and may or may not do. You can't exclude what's one players has done because the other hasn't. You just argued rings don't count cause LBJ is still trying to win some. Slap yourself.

2. And Kobe's not in lebrons stratosphere? You should never be allowed to post ever again. You are clueless. Do you really think prime lebron could back up what you just said against prime Kobe on the court? Lets just say all things being equal teammates, coaching etc? Do you think lebron can go on a basketball court and back up your rhetoric and **** all over Kobe in a 7 game series? Cause I think it would take everything they had for either one to just barley get by the other. Who do you think lebron is baby Jesus? You lebrites are of the chain. Lol

yes, b/c it wasn't Kobe - it was also Pau Gasol. Gasol was deserving of one of the two Finals MVP that Kobe took home and you can definitely say Kobe would not have won the last one without Gasol as well. And guess what, Shaq was the winner of the previous Finals MVP that Kobe had championships in. Kobe isn't a leader, he needs a dominant big man lead to win - to take the ball out of his hands.

If LeBron had a dominant big man in his prime, we wouldn't be having this discussion - or we could cuz Kobephiles will say that Lebron had the most dominant big man in the game and its not fair to discuss.

Not trying to say Lebron is the **** but i'm trying to put perspective in Kobe fans while not talking about Lebron.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
If we're using stats then Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest of all time bar none

Exactly, that's my claim to knowing bball over anybody on here

you don't need none of that ******** per/ws/efg and all this dumb **** **** to realize and recognize who's the best of the best

LEBRON-WILT are top/best to ever do style players, none of that numbers **** is needed, you can be stevie w. and see it

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:35 AM
As I said before. If this was to draft a prime Kobe or Lebron for a fantasy basketball team, I would go with Lebron hands down. If I were an actual owner of a team concerned with maximizing profits, I go with Kobe hands down. Kobe was the biggest draw since Jordan and his longevity is second to none which means I get the most profits for the longest period of time by going with Kobe over any player including Lebron.

quit trying to save face and say prime kobe or prime this

it comes down to who would you draft day1, its not even ****ing close

bean was a backupguard to eddie

so I guess LEBRON would have been a backup for 3yrs to CEDRIC CEBALLOS to even it out right?

if LEBRON was a backup player for 3yrs do you understand how diff. I would look at him as individual player?

but too bad he was too damn good to be sitting behind IRA NEWBLE for 3yrs

How is bean the biggest draw since JORDAN when he entered the league on the bench?

you guys sip that hype machine kool aid

after 15yrs in la market and hyped any player could make that claim, but its nothing wrong with being the JETER of the nba, good players

magic0320
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM

so I guess LEBRON would have been a backup for 3yrs to CEDRIC CEBALLOS to even it out right?

if LEBRON was a backup player for 3yrs do you understand how diff. I would look at him as individual player?

look at the title....and if you want to go early years of their career Kobe had 3 rings before he was 25 so yeah hahaha you loss.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I have still yet to see some factual evidence, besides the ******** 5 rings argument, to why Kobe is better.

And the crazy part about this is that all the bean fiens will deny this and say he has a killer instinct as to why he is better, just not the weak *** 5 ring argument, FISHER and KERR got 5 a piece also, rings are all equal to me,FISHER is reason why he got a couple on his hand to be honest

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:41 AM

so is a prime thing 3yrs?

because all you fanatics keep saying his prime was wasted and I keep thinking how in the **** did his prime get wasted when he had modern day WILT his first 8yrs in the league then on to GASOL for 5yrs and 3 Finals app., so now his 3yr run from 05-07' was wasted because he scored all those points and couldn't get no higher than a 7th seed as the 'man'

you fanatics should be banned from here

he wasted 3yrs of his only prime from 05-07', just like he wasted his first 3yrs as a backup player 96-99', damn he is the greatest

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I just want to let you know, LeBron never had a supporting cast as ****** as Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker in his starting lineups. If LeBron had this team in the Western Conference given his choking habits in big games, he wouldn't even SNIFF the playoffs. Kobe is the better player, face it. He's proven it in the biggest stage over and over again. LeBron will probably never win another title because he's not getting past the Spurs this year and Idk how overrated D-Wade's knees are gonna hold up next year.

That's what happens when you run off or cant get along with modern day WILT and you cry about being a sidekick, you trade SHAQ and get stuck with KWAME and co. until you cried for another legit allstar type big in PAU

Its funny how his fanatics don't understand he was a backup guard who decided to overthrow the 3time finals mvp mate but had to get rid of him to the tune of SMUSH/KWAME and then wanted out of la after all the broken promises that were made after he couldn't lead la out the 1st rd(TMAC?) without the assistance of another dominant type big

the most dumbest **** ever is LEBRON didn't have a supporting cast as ****** as KWAME,SMUSH and LUKE but last I checked LEBRON got drafted by a bottom feeder lottery while bean was drafted in the lottery but traded to a 53win squad and then 9yrs later with 3rings he 'forced' himself to play with those players and waste his so called prime from 05-07'

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
look at the title....and if you want to go early years of their career Kobe had 3 rings before he was 25 so yeah hahaha you loss.

How many does he have after 25? 2 in 10yrs?

so KOBE had 3 rings before 25yrs of age and prior to those rings he was coming off the bench but starting in the west allstar game, that's signs of the greatest of alltime right there

the backup player shocks the world, the backup player wins a dunk contest with JR RIDER's dunk and starts next yr in allstar game after putting up the allworld 7ppg as a rookie, I give up he is the greatest of alltime

the title is would you take BRON or KOBE right?

LEBRON in a landslide

DDynO
06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
this just isn't true. how can anyone say WAY better. just ruins your credibility.

fans so easy to forget..

I just don't think half the posters are intelligent enough to see how much more skilled Kobe was with the basketball. Kobe could pass too, I dont care that Lebron is a good passer so were all the greats Lebron just gets his passing hyped cuz well..HE PASSES instead of scores constantly. Not a bad thing but it can be a bad thing when you need a clutch shot and Lebron passes it off cuz he's no Kobe when it comes to getting your shot in pressure moments.

I didn't say way better. I just feel LBJ has had better seasons than Kobe. Kobe has had great, great individual seasons(01, 03, 06), but i feel like LBJ's best season are better. I have never said to myself, "Wow, Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game right now." Lebron James has been the best player for at least 5 seasons now. That has to mean something. Lebron is still in his peak and he's only getting better. Pressure moments? Lebron has performed in pressure situations. Games where he needed to take over for his team in order to advance his team?? He's done it better than Kobe. He does it better and in different ways.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 11:27 AM

yes, b/c it wasn't Kobe - it was also Pau Gasol. Gasol was deserving of one of the two Finals MVP that Kobe took home and you can definitely say Kobe would not have won the last one without Gasol as well. And guess what, Shaq was the winner of the previous Finals MVP that Kobe had championships in. Kobe isn't a leader, he needs a dominant big man lead to win - to take the ball out of his hands.

If LeBron had a dominant big man in his prime, we wouldn't be having this discussion - or we could cuz Kobephiles will say that Lebron had the most dominant big man in the game and its not fair to discuss.

Not trying to say Lebron is the **** but i'm trying to put perspective in Kobe fans while not talking about Lebron.

1. You can never make any argument for teammates helping you get that doesn't also apply to them helping you get stats or anything else. Try if you think you can. It will get destroyed cause its a team game it's all interdependent. Therefore any attempt to exclude one and except the other asked on teammates helping is stupid as hell and not based in logic.

2. Did you really just say the guy who ran to dwade is a leader? The same dude who hide in the corner like a little girl, in the finals? You must be joking tell you what can you name me some other great leaders who ran and hide in the corner like a broad cause they were scared? And to make it worse he had the better team when he did it. Lol, never say that again cause you just embarrassed yourself. Lol

3. A dominant big? I'll trade you a dominant big for two SUPERSTAR won who is also a big any-day off the week. Replace shaq with wade and bosh and Kobe wins more. Lol

4. You are the definition of a lebrite. You make an argument about playing with with shaq OR gasol when lebron is playing with wade AND bosh. That is beyond stupid. And you then you say we would not be having this debate if lebron had a dominate big? Really?
So gasol is Better than wade and bosh now? Lmao, cause he had both and lost to a lesser team cause he got scared and folded. Kobe 09 or 2010 lakers don't have the players LBJ has right now. But I'll bet you ever you got they don't lose to that mavericks team cause Kobe is gonna ball out, not run to s corner and cry about how he's scared.

If you going to argue at the very least get you fact straight. LBJ has wade and bosh and you bring up teammates and use gasol? really? Bias much? you should delete that entire post.

DanG
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
LeBron.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I didn't say way better. I just feel LBJ has had better seasons than Kobe. Kobe has had great, great individual seasons(01, 03, 06), but i feel like LBJ's best season are better. I have never said to myself, "Wow, Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game right now." Lebron James has been the best player for at least 5 seasons now. That has to mean something. Lebron is still in his peak and he's only getting better. Pressure moments? Lebron has performed in pressure situations. Games where he needed to take over for his team in order to advance his team?? He's done it better than Kobe. He does it better and in different ways.

Nobody will ever make a stupid ridiculous claim that a backup player for yrs and then start fulltime and have true basketball players and observers say he is the 'best' in the game, no way no how

any time a rookie comes in and avg 21 and 6 and 6 it is easy to see and recognize, had LEBRON entered the league and avg 7ppg he wouldn't be looked at highly by me,especially if he was back up to an inferior player

being the best means it was from day1, staying in the gym everyday allday means you have work to do, it means your drive to strive is great and it means you are competing with someone better than you and you are trying to overthrow that player, im just speaking from purely playing and competing , not this per/ws%/efg or other **** that other non players post on here

im speaking strictly off playing and who is better at carrying the entire load, its not even close its LEBRON

dodie53
06-11-2013, 11:57 AM
L
b
j

Jtirado16
06-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Prime Kobe! You can always have contact with Kobe. You call Kobe you get 5 rings!!! You call Lebron & it only rings once

Pacerlive
06-11-2013, 11:59 AM
That's what happens when you run off or cant get along with modern day WILT and you cry about being a sidekick, you trade SHAQ and get stuck with KWAME and co. until you cried for another legit allstar type big in PAU

Its funny how his fanatics don't understand he was a backup guard who decided to overthrow the 3time finals mvp mate but had to get rid of him to the tune of SMUSH/KWAME and then wanted out of la after all the broken promises that were made after he couldn't lead la out the 1st rd(TMAC?) without the assistance of another dominant type big

the most dumbest **** ever is LEBRON didn't have a supporting cast as ****** as KWAME,SMUSH and LUKE but last I checked LEBRON got drafted by a bottom feeder lottery while bean was drafted in the lottery but traded to a 53win squad and then 9yrs later with 3rings he 'forced' himself to play with those players and waste his so called prime from 05-07'
Both have completely neglected the value of big man in their careers but the biggest difference is that Lebron thinks he can win 7 rings without one. ITs incredibly stupid IMO and even if Kobes ego got in the way of him surpassing Jordan ring total Lebron actually tried to build a superteam without a true dominant big man on defense or offense.

I think its incredibly ironic that everyone thinks his basketball knowledge is off the charts but he most of never sat down and looked at how dynasties were made on the backs of Centers.

ManRam
06-11-2013, 12:03 PM

i don't forget kobe's greatness. among active players in their primes he's one of the 3 guys i'd consider for this question (along with duncan and bron). he was tremendous in his prime, and what's even more tremendous is that he was tremendous this past year. but that's the point - kobe's prime was great, but kobe's legacy is going to be shaped by other things first and foremost...longevity and championships mainly. that's his trump card, not his level of play in his prime because that doesn't compare as well to the all-time greats.

lebron's legacy probably will be shaped by his prime play more than anything else. and his prime, regardless of how you argue it, was better than kobe's. he is a more complete all around player. he's put up superior numbers. he's won more MVPs. he's been considered the consensus best player for more years than Kobe. he's not quite the scorer, but he is more efficient, he's a superior rebounder and passer, he's a better defender (no slight at kobe at all, i just value lebron's ability to guard anyone) and he is more malleable. if you're starting a team why wouldn't you take the guy who can player like 4 different positions. you can build a team around him in a variety of ways because he can do anything. he can be a point guard, he can be a go-to hyper-efficient scorer, he can thrive with or without the ball in his hands...etc.

you can't make an argument saying kobe's prime was better than lebron's without bringing up championships and TEAM success. if we're starting a team from scratch, i'd be more interested in taking the better player than the player who has won because he was more consistently on better teams.

the rings argument is important in terms of legacy, but it's not nearly as important in arguments like these.

it's not a shot at kobe. i still rank kobe better all-time than lebron. but lebron's prime was better, and i'm not being a prisoner of the moment. look at the mvps. look at the stats. i lived through both primes...while kobe was regarded as one of the best, he wasn't regarded as the best by this much of a consensus. and the reason he ever was: because of team success. lebron has been regarded as the best without team success too...that says a TON about his level of individual play.

sorry for rambling

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:08 PM
1. You can never make any argument for teammates helping you get that doesn't also apply to them helping you get stats or anything else. Try if you think you can. It will get destroyed cause its a team game it's all interdependent. Therefore any attempt to exclude one and except the other asked on teammates helping is stupid as hell and not based in logic.

2. Did you really just say the guy who ran to dwade is a leader? The same dude who hide in the corner like a little girl, in the finals? You must be joking tell you what can you name me some other great leaders who ran and hide in the corner like a broad cause they were scared? And to make it worse he had the better team when he did it. Lol, never say that again cause you just embarrassed yourself. Lol

3. A dominant big? I'll trade you a dominant big for two SUPERSTAR won who is also a big any-day off the week. Replace shaq with wade and bosh and Kobe wins more. Lol

4. You are the definition of a lebrite. You make an argument about playing with with shaq OR gasol when lebron is playing with wade AND bosh. That is beyond stupid. And you then you say we would not be having this debate if lebron had a dominate big? Really?
So gasol is Better than wade and bosh now? Lmao, cause he had both and lost to a lesser team cause he got scared and folded. Kobe 09 or 2010 lakers don't have the players LBJ has right now. But I'll bet you ever you got they don't lose to that mavericks team cause Kobe is gonna ball out, not run to s corner and cry about how he's scared.

If you going to argue at the very least get you fact straight. LBJ has wade and bosh and you bring up teammates and use gasol? really? Bias much? you should delete that entire post.

Just think about it for a quick second

SHAQ was literally 2 allstar players in 1body

anytime a player gets triple teamed before the ball would pass halfcourt is something you don't see but once or twice in a lifetime

its why la could get by after losing RICE, they had FISHER who was capable of knocking down wide open shot after wide open shot, and SHAQ getting triple teamed allowed bean to do what he do 1 on 1

GASOL is a type of big where you can run a serious stretch of plays thru in a game, just look at how PHIL used him in the post with much success

WADE has been hobbled ever since he played in 15 games or so yrs back and BOSH was basically GASOL in TOR, couldn't get out of 1st rd but you could see he had game and was the no1 option prior to joining those in MIA

so its really not that big of a diff. if you really break it down

SHAQ is a modern day WILT, that carries some serious weight

and BRON has to deal with the inconsistent play of his big 2 and injuries

11' FINALS was purely rigged

bean sure did ball out in that 04' series where he was tired of being the sidekick to BATMAN, is balling out=shooting team out the game?

is balling out getting blown out by 25-30pts in decisive win or go home elimination games? if so then bean is the king/greatest of that also

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
explain why it's always some weirdo comeback then? it's never a natural close poll with these 2. Lebron smokes him at first(when it's natural & first made), then magically Kobe gets 80 billion votes the next few days & comes back. that's a planned attack, not a natural poll. you kobe trolls need to swarm the polls faster so it looks more realistic, & not so planned out. a true poll with hundreds of thousands or millions would & have shown LeBron easily win, cause a Kobe fanboy attack wouldn't work then

Maybe because in the east coast people wake up 3 hours earlier so umm it takes the west coast people to vote more

I remember about 2 years ago it was who was better Kobe or wade and Kobe had wade by like 40 votes and then all of a sudden wade passed him in less then 2 hours haha I thought that was funny... Mods gave the mod to Kobe though

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Kobe and it's not even close.

LBJ: Better rebounder, better playmaker, better defender, better close to the basket, better three point shooter
Kobe: Better mid-range jump shooter. Better foot worker blows him away with his killer mentality was just as good if not better then lebron around the basket as lebron and was a better defender then lebron

Really?

Fixed!

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
so are Kobephiles. There are probably more Kobephiles out there than Lebronites. lets be realistic here. If Kobe is the greater draw as most "Lakers" fan claim there is, there must be more Kobephiles out there by a long shot.

Lol no way are there more Kobe fans on this site then leboner fans atleast not since 2010 so many people slurp on lebron ha! And not every laker fan has time to check out PSD I mean LA and people around the world do work, most probably don't even know this site exists

IKnowHoops
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Proof? Kobe is the biggest draw in the world for an NBA player. Why would any owner turn that down?

Current player shoe sales in US
1.Lebron 300 Mill
2.Kobe 50 mill
3. Melo 40 Mill

Don't think your right about your statement son.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:15 PM
i don't forget kobe's greatness. among active players in their primes he's one of the 3 guys i'd consider for this question (along with duncan and bron). he was tremendous in his prime, and what's even more tremendous is that he was tremendous this past year. but that's the point - kobe's prime was great, but kobe's legacy is going to be shaped by other things first and foremost...longevity and championships mainly. that's his trump card, not his level of play in his prime because that doesn't compare as well to the all-time greats.

lebron's legacy probably will be shaped by his prime play more than anything else. and his prime, regardless of how you argue it, was better than kobe's. he is a more complete all around player. he's put up superior numbers. he's won more MVPs. he's been considered the consensus best player for more years than Kobe. he's not quite the scorer, but he is more efficient, he's a superior rebounder and passer, he's a better defender (no slight at kobe at all, i just value lebron's ability to guard anyone) and he is more malleable. if you're starting a team why wouldn't you take the guy who can player like 4 different positions. you can build a team around him in a variety of ways because he can do anything. he can be a point guard, he can be a go-to hyper-efficient scorer, he can thrive with or without the ball in his hands...etc.

you can't make an argument saying kobe's prime was better than lebron's without bringing up championships and TEAM success. if we're starting a team from scratch, i'd be more interested in taking the better player than the player who has won because he was more consistently on better teams.

the rings argument is important in terms of legacy, but it's not nearly as important in arguments like these.

it's not a shot at kobe. i still rank kobe better all-time than lebron. but lebron's prime was better, and i'm not being a prisoner of the moment. look at the mvps. look at the stats. i lived through both primes...while kobe was regarded as one of the best, he wasn't regarded as the best by this much of a consensus. and the reason he ever was: because of team success. lebron has been regarded as the best without team success too...that says a TON about his level of individual play.

sorry for rambling

you rank bean career 'greater' so I understand, not better

don't apologize for spitting some substance, its needed on here at highest level

and once again it will be hard for any player in any sport to be a backup player for yrs then make a claim at being the best

since when did the best ever start out on the bench in they youngest youth of age?

if he is so damn good now it would have been like that back then, I just don't get it

like if you compare EDDIE vs BEAN it would be like comparing S.SMITH vs JORDAN with JORDAN backing up SMITH his first 3yrs and after a decade everybody is screaming that JORDAN is this greatest thing ever but never ever mention how in the world was he backing up SMITH in the first place

like if JORDAN vs SMITH competed for starting spot in training camp im rolling with JORDAN every single time, and SMITH had game, just not JORDAN impact level type game

that's how im looking at this situation, and all others who fit this criteria

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM

How is bean the biggest draw since JORDAN when he entered the league on the bench?

you guys sip that hype machine kool aid

after 15yrs in la market and hyped any player could make that claim, but its nothing wrong with being the JETER of the nba, good players

Lmao, of course you do realize Eddie was a all-star, all defensive, all NBA two guard at that time? The reason I ask is because you compared lebron beating out a bunch of d-leaguers literally, to kobe not beating out an NBA "all" everything player in his prime, Who was also a franchise on 50 win playoff team with the hornets the year he left la. Which to me is about as ******** as you can get. If that's the kind of reasoning your using in this thread there's really nothing left to say.
Wow

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Im still trying to figure out why this so called 'killer instinct'' didn't kill JONES in training camp competing for starting SG spot

help me out bean fanatics, maybe his killer instinct was on vacation his first 3yrs and also during his wasted prime yrs from 05-07'

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Current player shoe sales in US
1.Lebron 300 Mill
2.Kobe 50 mill
3. Melo 40 Mill

Don't think your right about your statement son.

Do u have facts? Link?

Cuz I sure see a hell of a lot more people with Kobe's then lebron where I live. But anyways your talking about the US where lebron is more popular over Kobe now! But you take it outside of the US and its not even close Kobe blows lebron out of the water with popularity when have there been millions of fans in china waiting for lebron? When has a player from a team the US beat in these past Olympics have gone up to lebron and asked for his autograph on his shoe right after the game? Kobe has that ability on people all around the world he's just the most popular player there has been since Jordan

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Im still trying to figure out why this so called 'killer instinct'' didn't kill JONES in training camp competing for starting SG spot

help me out bean fanatics, maybe his killer instinct was on vacation his first 3yrs and also during his wasted prime yrs from 05-07'

You have got to be one of the most naive posters ever, you don't get it do you? Wow nobody really listens to you anymore they know u are delusional and know nothing

HouRealCoach
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Lol no way are there more Kobe fans on this site then leboner fans atleast not since 2010 so many people slurp on lebron ha! And not every laker fan has time to check out PSD I mean LA and people around the world do work, most probably don't even know this site exists

There actually is, these guys defending LeBron are just fans... The only ones who defend Kobe are Kobe fans

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Lmao, of course you do realize Eddie was a all-star, all defensive, all NBA two guard at that time? The reason I ask is because you compared lebron beating out a bunch of d-leaguers literally, to kobe not beating out an NBA "all" everything player in his prime, Who was also a franchise on 50 win playoff team with the hornets the year he left la. Which to me is about as ******** as you can get. If that's the kind of reasoning your using in this thread there's really nothing left to say.
Wow

like a 10 allstar or like a fringe allstar(3 total)?

LEBRON would have beaten out a SF version of JONES, fringe allstar or not

you do understand bean started over JONES in 98' allstar game but wasn't starter on LA?

so now JONES is a top 20 alltime player? JONES is equal to FAVRE? you know how RODGERS was playing behind a still allpro HOF caliber qb in FAVRE, it wasn't nowhere near like that or I would give bean a pass

im not giving him a pass for backing up a top 100 player alltime for yrs, you fanatics can I have no problem with that, so don't have one with mines

CHARLOTTE was competing before JONES even got there and was winning 50games without him so once again you are overranking JONES and bean, but way more so bean, just cut it out its pathetic

he was backup to a fringe top 100 best player of alltime and thru 5 rings bean has established himself as a top 10 best player to ever do it

that just doesn't add up to us players

ask youself this, what did JONES or bean do that was so much different they rookie yr to yr 10 in the league? wasn't bean known as a JORDAN wannabe scorer? wasn't JONES known for his all around game at TEMPLE? case closed

I've never seen a backup player turned starter get this much hype ever in sports, well BRADY may be with bean

LakersEaglesLA
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
If I let ESPN brainwash me like most of you I would take LeBron, but since I watched the games and played basketball I would take the player who won 3 legit titles (not 1 strike season title) and was the 4th quarter closer for all of them because his center couldnt make free throws That would be Kobe..NBA players have already answered this question but people hate the Lakers and Kobe so much they choose to ignore both of there coworkers opinions. Not 1 legit title yet and abt to lose to spurs again smh Kobe is the choice if your using common sense

ChicagoJ
06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I've watched both careers and I'd take Kobe over lebron. Both are great players, but lebron is getting a little over hyped right now.

People forget how great Kobe has been in his career. And I'm not just talking about winning championships.

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Just think about it for a quick second

SHAQ was literally 2 allstar players in 1body

anytime a player gets triple teamed before the ball would pass halfcourt is something you don't see but once or twice in a lifetime

its why la could get by after losing RICE, they had FISHER who was capable of knocking down wide open shot after wide open shot, and SHAQ getting triple teamed allowed bean to do what he do 1 on 1

GASOL is a type of big where you can run a serious stretch of plays thru in a game, just look at how PHIL used him in the post with much success

WADE has been hobbled ever since he played in 15 games or so yrs back and BOSH was basically GASOL in TOR, couldn't get out of 1st rd but you could see he had game and was the no1 option prior to joining those in MIA

so its really not that big of a diff. if you really break it down

SHAQ is a modern day WILT, that carries some serious weight

and BRON has to deal with the inconsistent play of his big 2 and injuries

11' FINALS was purely rigged

bean sure did ball out in that 04' series where he was tired of being the sidekick to BATMAN, is balling out=shooting team out the game?

is balling out getting blown out by 25-30pts in decisive win or go home elimination games? if so then bean is the king/greatest of that also

Wade avg 22/4/5 plus bosh. There is no who kobe won with argument for LBJ. I just said based on your logic in the other post that you were gon in the head and now your argument is it was rigged? Lmao, case and point!

Oh and ill put Kobe's 04 up against LBJ's hide in the corner cause I'm scared any day.

HouRealCoach
06-11-2013, 12:39 PM
If I let ESPN brainwash me like most of you I would take LeBron, but since I watched the games and played basketball I would take the player who won 3 legit titles (not 1 strike season title) and was the 4th quarter closer for all of them because his center couldnt make free throws That would be Kobe..NBA players have already answered this question but people hate the Lakers and Kobe so much they choose to ignore both of there coworkers opinions. Not 1 legit title yet and abt to lose to spurs again smh Kobe is the choice if your using common sense

A lot of these NBA players & TV personalities speak in the hype of the moment, just like SAS this morning saying he would take a prime LeBron over a prime Duncan.. You guys think NBA players are just the god's at making comparisons. Shaq, Barkley, Magic, etc. say a bunch of stupid **** lol

& Kobe was closing the games in the Finals????? lol... Who was Finals MVP?

todu82
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Prime Kobe

NYCkid12
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM

Actually, the "B" there should be capitalized. Since you want to be technical with people.

LakersEaglesLA
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
A lot of these NBA players & TV personalities speak in the hype of the moment, just like SAS this morning saying he would take a prime LeBron over a prime Duncan.. You guys think NBA players are just the god's at making comparisons. Shaq, Barkley, Magic, etc. say a bunch of stupid **** lol

& Kobe was closing the games in the Finals????? lol... Who was Finals MVP?
Don't forget there is 3 rounds of playoffs before you even make the finals. Shaq was great but Kobe was our killer in the clutch all 3 years. Go YouTube the games

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM

so robin won 3 legit titles, unreal never done before

espn brainwash? they mentioned bean/JORDAN in same breathe everytime they had chance last decade it seems, or at least since he won those 3 rings before 25yrs of age

so now I guess DUNCAN only has 3 rings and going for 4th since his 99' lockout title was only 50games, didn't LEBRON play 66games?

why should beans rings count since he didn't want to play for small market in CHARLOTTE? why does his rings count since he wimped out and ran to the most storied franchise in history(with C's)

why should his titles count since he was robin sidekick mode for 3 legit and super robin(GASOL was no1 option robin type in MEM) for the other 2? so really he has none right?

just by your espn brainwash comments lets me know you guys are truly fanatics who are mad because another fanatics fav. player took your fav. player spot

using common sense or common bball sense? I think you're using the former

Leach11
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM

You can predict the future? Amazing...how aren't you the world's first trillionaire?

FYL_McVeezy
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Prime Scalabrine

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Don't forget there is 3 rounds of playoffs before you even make the finals. Shaq was great but Kobe was our killer in the clutch all 3 years. Go YouTube the games

And in those 3 yrs and 3 rds who was taking on DUNCAN/DROB, HACK A SHAQ, Triple teamed JORDAN-WILT-IVERSON rules? he opened it up not bean

who made the quote 'he's tired of being a sidekick'...SHAQ or bean?

was JORDAN a sidekick at 40yrs of age to RIP in WASH? he was always BATMAN so that's how it will end

so to me bean will always be the backupguard turned starter

congrats

jayjay33
06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Wow

like a 10 allstar or like a fringe allstar(3 total)?

LEBRON would have beaten out a SF version of JONES, fringe allstar or not

you do understand bean started over JONES in 98' allstar game but wasn't starter on LA?

so now JONES is a top 20 alltime player? JONES is equal to FAVRE? you know how RODGERS was playing behind a still allpro HOF caliber qb in FAVRE, it wasn't nowhere near like that or I would give bean a pass

im not giving him a pass for backing up a top 100 player alltime for yrs, you fanatics can I have no problem with that, so don't have one with mines

CHARLOTTE was competing before JONES even got there and was winning 50games without him so once again you are overranking JONES and bean, but way more so bean, just cut it out its pathetic

he was backup to a fringe top 100 best player of alltime and thru 5 rings bean has established himself as a top 10 best player to ever do it

that just doesn't add up to us players

ask youself this, what did JONES or bean do that was so much different they rookie yr to yr 10 in the league? wasn't bean known as a JORDAN wannabe scorer? wasn't JONES known for his all around game at TEMPLE? case closed

I've never seen a backup player turned starter get this much hype ever in sports, well BRADY may be with bean

Fringe? We aren't talking all time. We are talking at that time. He was an all NBA, allstar, all defensive ie all everything at the time.

I tell you what here's an easy way to prove you wrong. Name me 1 player who came from high school or college and took the spot of a player who was a NBA allstar, all defensive player and all NBA player. name me 1 guy in the history of the league who was that kind of player AT THE TIME they got there spot taken. As a matter of fact name me one guy who got there spot taken by anybody (NBA vets included) while they were playing at that level.

Put up or shut up time. Just say hey this guy was playing at that level in whatever year and this guy came in and took his spot, I'll wait. No injures, a all everything player who just flat out got there spot took. While they were all everything?

Oh and the hornets 25 games the year before. So that's wrong to. The fact is
Eddie was there franchise guy. And took then to the playoffs and 50 wins. When has a guy playing at that level EVER just got his spot taken? That has never happened and never will.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Wade avg 22/4/5 plus bosh. There is no who kobe won with argument for LBJ. I just said based on your logic in the other post that you were gon in the head and now your argument is it was rigged? Lmao, case and point!

Oh and ill put Kobe's 04 up against LBJ's hide in the corner cause I'm scared any day.

SHAQ was capable of avg 38ppg and 18ppg come playoff time, imagine had he played with a CP3/IVERSON/KIDD type, even more so IVERSON who could score at will and dish at same rate, SHAQ would have avg 40ppg in a series annually with BCHUCK

WADE avg 22ppg, nice stats

it was rigged, just like the other FINALS yrs before so it was no argument, its actually factual or at least highly suspect, but if you take it as a argument and not fact or in ballpark then that's on you lil dude

I wouldn't want that 04' or 11' version of either player, they both sucked it up and BRON got way more heat for his loss than bean did in 04' since I guess he was clearly the BATMAN and not some wannabe JORDAN sidekick

now that I think of it bean should never get no blame for la shortcomings

you never blame a backup player, rather he turns fulltime starter or stays in MANU type 6thman role, they never ever get the blame

herewegocubbies
06-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Lebron and it isn't close.

LakersEaglesLA
06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
so robin won 3 legit titles, unreal never done before

espn brainwash? they mentioned bean/JORDAN in same breathe everytime they had chance last decade it seems, or at least since he won those 3 rings before 25yrs of age

so now I guess DUNCAN only has 3 rings and going for 4th since his 99' lockout title was only 50games, didn't LEBRON play 66games?

why should beans rings count since he didn't want to play for small market in CHARLOTTE? why does his rings count since he wimped out and ran to the most storied franchise in history(with C's)

why should his titles count since he was robin sidekick mode for 3 legit and super robin(GASOL was no1 option robin type in MEM) for the other 2? so really he has none right?

just by your espn brainwash comments lets me know you guys are truly fanatics who are mad because another fanatics fav.player took your fav. player sp

using common sense or is common bball sense? I think you're using the former
You haters always bring up shaq and pau Gasoft as if Kobe isn't allowed to have good teammates, I'm sure Jordan wouldn't say the only player today he is comfortable comparing to himself is Kobe if Kobe was a Robin that's a dumb statement. And yes Duncan's 1st championship is asterisk too. Like I said youtube the Lakers players 2000-2004 or Google the stats because you don't know what your talking abt

lol, please
06-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Kobe and it's not close.

LakersEaglesLA
06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
And in those 3 yrs and 3 rds who hiwas taking on DUNCAN/DROB, HACK A SHAQ, Triple teamed JORDAN-WILT-IVERSON rules? he opened it up not bean

who made the quote 'he's tired of being a sidekick'...SHAQ or bean?

was JORDAN a sidekick at 40yrs of age to RIP in WASH? he was always BATMAN so that's how it will end

so to me bean will always be the backupguard turned starter

congrats

Kobe also opened up the inside for Shaq but obviously you don't understand basketball, tired of being a sidekick( translation I can ave 40 a game if I wasnt sacrificing my game for the better of the team)

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Fringe? We aren't talking all time. We are talking at that time. He was an all NBA, allstar, all defensive ie all everything at the time.

I tell you what here's an easy way to prove you wrong. Name me 1 player who came from high school or college and took the spot of a player who was a NBA allstar, all defensive player and all NBA player. name me 1 guy in the history of the league who was that kind of player AT THE TIME they got there spot taken. As a matter of fact name me one guy who got there spot taken by anybody (NBA vets included) while they were playing at that level.

Put up or shut up time. Just say hey this guy was playing at that level in whatever year and this guy came in and took his spot, I'll wait. No injures, a all everything player who just flat out got there spot took. While they were all everything?

Oh and the hornets 25 games the year before. So that's wrong to. The fact is
Eddie was there franchise guy. And took then to the playoffs and 50 wins. When has a guy playing at that level EVER just got his spot taken? That has never happened and never will.

It was JONES like 2nd or 3rd yr and he was a allstar, not the second coming of JORDAN or all this media hype but a good player out of TEMPLE

bean was this 'JORDAN wannabe'

you mean to tell me that JONES is a top 20 player alltime? had he stayed in la im sure it would be possible after 10yrs

bean couldn't take his spot because he wasn't really no better as individual player, just could volume score better and when you got modern day WILT its no need for that, now I see why he came off the bench

how In the world can WEST claim it was the best workout ever and then get to training camp to compete for a spot and he couldn't beat out JONES? it was only JONES 3rd yr and he was a 2x allstar, and only made 1 more after that in other markets...hype

he wasn't this surefire allstar, that's why I called it fringe, if JONES is this good now then why wasn't he overhyped back then? JONES game wasn't on no level of TMAC or so

his game was based on perimeter D and running the court and hitting open shots, sounds a lot like bean right?

EDDIE was franchise guy? now I see why bean is super duper overrated, now EDDIE maybe a forced franchise type but who cares

you're too ****ing smart for your own good Sherlock

95' HORNETS won 50 games without JONES who was avg. like 14ppg as a rookie in 95' with LAKERS
97' HORNETS won 54 games without JONES who was allstar with LA
98' HORNETS won 51 games without JONES who was a allstar with LA

99-00' with HORNETS they actually regressed to 49wins with the so called franchise guy, no wonder you guys overrate bean if you think JONES was a franchise type guy, they also regressed next 2yrs in wins also

appreciate the knowledge you post

out of 5 yrs in LA he went to allstar 2x, congrats

Known for his pesky defense, Jones was named to the 1997–98 and 1998–99 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

is that the 'allnba' team you referring to, or the rookie allnba team?

its plenty of players who could have made the jump straight out, just look at MELO-DURANT after 1yr in college playing the same exact style/way they play now

more recent example, CAVS just landed KYRIE in the draft right with SESSIONS as the starter right? but KYRIE is the franchise PG/backcourt player and within a blink of an eye they shipped off SESSIONS, or maybe they should have let him tutor KYRIE for 3yrs according to you

game is game, unless your bean and you work extra super duper hard at it, then it becomes something surreal, such a mirrorimage poor mans version of JORDAN, he's the closest thing to JORDAN because he took his entire persona/game

only in lakerland can you pull this off because just like you said at that time(which was in hypeville la) he was going to allstar games based on fanatic fanbase because once he left he only went to 1 more allstar game outside la, JONES was the same exact player at TEMPLE as he was with LA-CHA-MIA

bean was the same HSPOY coming out, the same player who use to play against MCKIE/JONES preNBA, now add the laker hype machine and you have JONES on roids as far as perception, both good players but 1 is hyped up more because he was a master copier of JORDAN and JONES was more PIPP

just imagine had a ALCINDOR or WILT or SHAQ or JORDAN or IVERSON been drafted by la and played entire career there, they would be no1 best alltime with such a large gap it wouldn't be funny, and just imagine the fanatical fiens coming to they defense(with valid reason)

But I guess since I haven't played in about a month my bball know how has strayed off

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Kobe also opened up the inside for Shaq but obviously you don't understand basketball, tired of being a sidekick( translation I can ave 40 a game if I wasnt sacrificing my game for the better of the team)

Yeah sure he did, he had a primed ARTEST/BOWEN guarding him on perimeter and he was finding SHAQ/FISHER at will, sure he opened it up just like he opened it up as manu 6thman role runner up...yeah he did

he damn near avg 40ppg a game in like 06 or so and it got them a 8th seed, so yeah some sacrifice for the betterment of the team

LongWayFromHome
06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::horse:: horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::b ang::horse::bang::bang::bang::bang::pity::pity::pi ty::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::sleep::sleep::sl eep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::hide::hide ::drool::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surre nder::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:: surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surren der::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::s urrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrend er::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

LongWayFromHome
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::horse:: horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::b ang::horse::bang::bang::bang::bang::pity::pity::pi ty::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::sleep::sleep::sl eep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::hide::hide ::drool::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surre nder::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:: surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surren der::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::s urrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrend er::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

don't watch then

ztilzer31
Kobe and it's not close.

This is the type of posts that just make me laugh. "Kobe and it's not even close lol." So you think Lebron is an average player? You don't even think he's anywhere near Kobe in his prime? That post alone just makes you another Laker homer that doesn't know anything about basketball. You watch you tube highlights with illusionists and jerk each other off.

Pacerlive
I've watched both careers and I'd take Kobe over lebron. Both are great players, but lebron is getting a little over hyped right now.

People forget how great Kobe has been in his career. And I'm not just talking about winning championships.
Like most message boards I think people are relatively young and don't recall great players of the past.

It sort of reminds me of Bill Burr and his comments on owning a dog as a kid vs as a grown up. You just don't realize the greatness until you lived a few years.

ztilzer31
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Wish OP made this vote visible. I'd like to count up the number of Laker votes for Kobe. Probably more than 50%.

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM
You haters always bring up shaq and pau Gasoft as if Kobe isn't allowed to have good teammates, I'm sure Jordan wouldn't say the only player today he is comfortable comparing to himself is Kobe if Kobe was a Robin that's a dumb statement. And yes Duncan's 1st championship is asterisk too. Like I said youtube the Lakers players 2000-2004 or Google the stats because you don't know what your talking abt

SHAQ is one of my alltime favs so I know what im talking about, I was pulling for LA during that 3peat, I just call a spade a spade, I don't give props because majority of the crowd does it, I like to stand out just like im doing right now

what do I need to google? I know they had RICE for first title, I know bean shot those airballs and they got swept 2x in first 3yrs by than hands of JAZZ/SPURS

I know FISHER went lights out in those playoff series from 3pt land off of SHAQ

every title should have an asterisk if you really think about it, look at how 2002 KINGS were robbed by LA

of course you're allowed to have mates when you shaft a bottom feeder for a 55win now team, how can you win 55-65 games without allstar talent and damn good coaching?

well SHAQ said IVERSON was top 5 best ever to do it, does that mean its true? JORDAN drafted KWAME and won like 9 games in a 66game lockout yr with BOBCATS, he's not the best judge of bball abilities/personnel

so im a hater for bringing up SHAQ/GASOL? who should I mention then HORRY and G.PAYTON and STEVE BLAKE and SHANNON BROWN?

3RDASYSTEM
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
don't watch then

Actually we should encourage him to watch more so he could double that post or even triple it

it brings us closure since he has no clue on how to debate but he has the intelligent artwork to get involved

I Rock Shaqs
06-11-2013, 01:50 PM

Damn to me it looks like you're about to cry.