PDA

View Full Version : Better Block: LeBron or Hibbert?

*Superman*
06-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Hibbert blocks Anthony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rxmhZxUQo

LeBron blocks Splitter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8-PbK1wmY

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
LeBron. He took a player with all the momentum and threw the ball back at him. Stopped momentum and threw the ball back. To a player that is bigger than him. /discussion

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
LeBron.

1) Finals game.
2) Sparked a huge momentum run.
3) Splitter is a center and taller than James.

feelingit
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Hibbert. He did it in a close game

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:47 PM

Was the game not close when LeBron did his?

feelingit
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Was the game not close when LeBron did his?

Not really it was already getting out of hand.

ManRam
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
both are great in their own rights.

hibberts was more important at that time of the game.

but lebron blocked a bigger player, had to come from further away and jump higher, and i think splitter was ready to throw down with more authority. he kinda met him more square too.

very similar plays. i'm content saying they were equally dope

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM

It was an 8 point game. And it sparked a huge run.

*Superman*
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM

I do agree that it this needs to be taken under consideration. Miami was already up 19.

They both are really nice, watching Hibbert's in slow-mo just amazes me everytime. And of course LeBron coming at a 7 footer, with a two step jump was deadly.

*Superman*
06-09-2013, 10:52 PM

Miami was already up 19. Check the new link for proof.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Miami was already up 19. Check the new link for proof.

That is right. Something happened at the 8 point mark as well. Too much going on at work, just got to watch the game in spurts.

DirkDiggler6
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Hibberts was more important. Thats not whats being discussed. Lebron had the better and harder block by far, at full speed it looks Nasty!

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVyhx8e-Jw

Sorry, this looked incredibly dull compared to James block.

LayBraun
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
LeBrons block in real time was un-****ing-believable. I thought there was absolutely no chance. The sheer brute strength was incredible

DirkDiggler6
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Regular season block. Lebron's was way better

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Regular season block. Lebron's was way better

That was in the playoffs as you can see from the East Semis IND Leads 3-2, but yeah, LeBron's was way better.

JordansBulls
06-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Better block was Lebron's. But Hibbert's block was significantly more important since the Pacers were down by 2 in the 4th with 5 minutes left in game 6.

*Superman*
06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
There was more elevation with Bron's block, i'll give em that.

But Hibbert's dunk may look boring or dull, but with that camera angle showing both their hands, Melo coming in full force, Hibbert just didn't allow it, even has you thinking, "is still might roll in". I think any other situation and that may have been a poster. Plus it was left handed if that matters at all.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Hibbert's. That was game 6. That was our game. After that block it's like the air went straight out of our playoffs.

Melo almost could've broken Hibbert's wrist, and that hand just, it was like the hand of ___ came out.

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I guess it's subjective. I do see how Hibbert's block destroyed Knicks confidence and momentum. Just saying James block is much more impressive in that because Splitter is near or is 6"11 and coming from near free throw line with momentum.

MTL_123
06-10-2013, 12:06 AM
i think lebron just for the fact it looked like splitter was gonna have one of the best poster dunks but it turned the other way lol

tredigs
06-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Similar blocks, with Hibbert's being massively more important to their series and Lebron's being more impressive overall. You take Hibbert's 10/10 if you're including all factors, but Lebron's was damn impressive too.

Max.This
06-10-2013, 12:13 AM
why is this even in consideration? Hibbert blocked Carmelo anthony.... while Lebron James blocked splitter. What the hell? .... Def hibbert considering the closeness and just the fact that he didnt block a guy who cant get two inches off the ground

DirkDiggler6
06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
That was in the playoffs as you can see from the East Semis IND Leads 3-2, but yeah, LeBron's was way better.

I know that. What i meant Was that it Was a typical regular season looking block.

king4day
06-10-2013, 12:42 AM
I gave it to Hibbert for 2 reasons:

1. He did it against a Superstar
2. LeBron showboated while the rest of the teams ran back (he didn't act like he did it before)

pacman16
06-10-2013, 12:51 AM
hibberts was nice but lebrons was pure beast,

TeamSeattle
06-10-2013, 01:08 AM
I gave it to Hibbert for 2 reasons:

1. He did it against a Superstar
2. LeBron showboated while the rest of the teams ran back (he didn't act like he did it before)

Let's not 4get that Splitter was barely above the rim and lost the ball on the way up. Its a tie to me, as both were impressive.

Big Zo
06-10-2013, 01:12 AM

He also found Ray Allen for an open three on the ensuing possession. Awesomeness.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:37 AM
lol lebron with the block of the year, followed by Hibbert's nasty block on melo.

mjt20mik
06-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Lebron's was definitely more impressive. But the better block was Hibberts, because it fueled Indiana to beat the Knicks in that series. Also, it was against a superstar, and not some roleplayer.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Let's not 4get that Splitter was barely above the rim and lost the ball on the way up. Its a tie to me, as both were impressive.

actually.. youre a knicks fan, and you hate the heat, thats why its a tie. dont lie now ;)

your hate is strong, but your love for melo negates the heat hate, thus a tie.

Lebron's block > Hibbert's block

-Reality

mjt20mik
06-10-2013, 01:42 AM
actually.. youre a knicks fan, and you hate the heat, thats why its a tie. dont lie now ;)

your hate is strong, but your love for melo negates the heat hate, thus a tie.

Lebron's block > Hibbert's block

-Reality

His hate, your homerism. His point is totally valid.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:46 AM
His hate, your homerism. His point is totally valid.

no.. its not. i cant believe this is a topic.. lol

Is melo a dunker? hibbert is a center.

Splitter may not be a reg dunker, but he did coccck it, and got blocked.
/discussion.

impact-wise you can def have a debate, with hibbert winning that imo, but better block? are you kidding me?
lol..

I mean common sense should be used here, but I mean if you wanna use the homerism line, than go ahead bro.

mjt20mik
06-10-2013, 01:53 AM
no.. its not. i cant believe this is a topic.. lol

Is melo a dunker? hibbert is a center.

Splitter may not be a reg dunker, but he did coccck it, and got blocked.
/discussion.

impact-wise you can def have a debate, with hibbert winning that imo, but better block? are you kidding me?
lol..

I mean common sense should be used here, but I mean if you wanna use the homerism line, than go ahead bro.

Melo is more of a power dunker. He cocked it and got blocked at the rim to.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Melo is more of a power dunker. He cocked it and got blocked at the rim to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rxmhZxUQo

:confused:

:facepalm:

/discussion.

85BearsDefense
06-10-2013, 02:07 AM

It was a 84-67 lead...

IKnowHoops
06-10-2013, 04:05 AM
He also found Ray Allen for an open three on the ensuing possession. Awesomeness.

Funny. Brons so nasty he can showboat while everyone else hustles down the court, then make his way down on his own time and mess around and make the scoring play.

stawka
06-10-2013, 04:14 AM
LeBron's block was much better IMO. Tougher block, against a C. A SF blocking a C is harder than a C blocking a SF -- fact! Splitter isn't known as a dunker, but neither has Melo? Even to the delusional fans (LeBron haters) that'll say "yes he is", Melo is NOT a high flyer

Hibbert's was nasty and was a great block, especially situationally speaking, but block for block, LeBron's was crazy. Then the great assist to the Ray 3, followed by a steal and dunk of his own

stawka
06-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Inb4 Amos1er claims LeBron goaltended Splitter's dunk attempt lol

FraziersKnicks
06-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Definitely LeBron, the guy is taller than him and coming at him with more momentum. The block was far more emphatic.

Who cares if the game was closer? The question is which block is better, not which was more important.

thesprite
06-10-2013, 07:06 AM
When I saw Lebron's dunk, a voice in my mind (Fratello's voice?) screams DENIED! But I would not question those who chose Hibbert's block..

What is nice with Lebron's play: block-assist-steal-emphatic dunk= beast

JC_
06-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Watch Splitter's facial expressions in the last camera angle. Priceless. It was like he saw an icecream cone that was about to be all his and then someone took it away.

koreancabbage
06-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Big man running the lane, cocking it back for a huge slam.

and he gets blocked. I don't know what people are seeing nowadays.

Yes Hibbert's block was impressive and important but you see that all the time in the regular season.

obviously Hibbert's block was more important but was it better than a SF blocking a PF/C going down the lane with a **** back slam awaiting to get blocked. no

Swashcuff
06-10-2013, 08:55 AM
So the question is which block was BETTER but yet we have people saying that they chose one over the other because a player didn't show boat after the fact? So if Westbrook makes a contested 3 from 28 feet out and Thabo makes an open court layup his shot is better because he didn't show boat after? We have people saying that Hibbert's came in a close game therefore it was better? What does that have to do with how good the block was? Why are people confusing a good block with an important block?

When I'm asked which is better than which it matters not what the circumstances surrounding the play are what matters are the players involved and how the play unfolded. Splitter is 3 inches taller than Bron, stronger than Melo and gained momentum from the free throw line in an attempt to throw down an absolute rim rattler LeBron negated any hope of that. Melo is 6 inches shorter than Hibbert and didn't come in as powerfully as Splitter, LeBron block IMO was better than Hibberts.

Jint.
06-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Lebron.. by alot

NYKnickFanatic
06-10-2013, 09:01 AM
LeBron.

Splitter had so much momentum going towards LeBron and it didn't even phase him. Didn't push LeBron back or anything.

Hibbert kind of stumbled after he blocked Melo.

Both great blocks though.

ATX
06-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Just an epic block by LeBron. One of the best blocks you'll ever see...

Ryan328
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM
LeBron

Sly Guy
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
LeBron.

1) Finals game.
2) Sparked a huge momentum run.
3) Splitter is a center and taller than James.

pretty much my assessment as well. Only thing Hibbs block has going for him over this is that it was a closer call. Anthony was like 2 inches from putting it in and Hibbs kept it out.

8kobe24
06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
LeBron.

1) Finals game. ok.
2) Sparked a huge momentum run. Heat was already up by damn near 20, the only thing it sparked was his stats. #checkhisstats
3) Splitter is a center and taller than James. ok

2/3

blahblahyoutoo
06-10-2013, 05:15 PM

it's because it was a dunk attempted by someone with the hops of a grandma.

SportsFanatic10
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
they're both amazing, but lebron's was just nasty. splitter was looking to throw it down with force and lebron just overpowered him at the summit seemingly coming out of nowhere.

Kuya_Clive
06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Lebron basically blocked a center going full speed, basically, off his standing vert. That's incredibly impressive.

lavilevi23
06-10-2013, 07:59 PM
LeBron.

BklynKnicks3
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
is this a joke lebron block they where up 19 despite his garbage game. Hibbert block up down to in tight game in last 5 minutes. They would be down 4 and probably lose that block ended knicks season

tredigs
06-10-2013, 08:55 PM
is this a joke lebron block they where up 19 despite his garbage game. Hibbert block up down to in tight game in last 5 minutes. They would be down 4 and probably lose that block ended knicks season

I don't think you disagree with what I said though, Hibbert's was more important and the one you take 10/10 times but Lebron's was still a much more impressive play.

I wonder if there's any other player in history who could put up 17/8/7 (on 7-17) with 3stl + 3blk and just 2 turnovers while having so many considering it "garbage". Despite not putting the ball in the hoop much last night, the guy affected the game dramatically (defense + playmaking mostly) and it's not exactly coincidence that the +/- reflected that (+29 for James to +9 for Bosh and +4 for Wade, for example)

WARRIORS@GR
06-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Lol please quit posting

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
why is this even in consideration? Hibbert blocked Carmelo anthony.... while Lebron James blocked splitter. What the hell? .... Def hibbert considering the closeness and just the fact that he didnt block a guy who cant get two inches off the ground

+1. Lebron get a block on a scrub while their up by twenty and everyone goes crazy.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-10-2013, 09:12 PM

You mean while San Antonio benched their starters and Lebron padded his stats?

tredigs
06-10-2013, 09:20 PM
You mean while San Antonio benched their starters and Lebron padded his stats?

I know you're just a troll, offer nothing constructive to the NBA forum and generally have an unhealthy jealousy/hate of Lebron, but I will still mention that being up 19 with 8:20 to go against a proven championship caliber team that is still playing Parker + Kawhi + Splitter, etc. (and already made a similar run to tie+beat the only team who had beat them in the playoffs thus far) is no time to let on the breaks. That would be a good way to blow a monumentally pivotal game en route to the title.

tredigs
06-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Only reason Duncan was out was because when the 4th quarter started (and they were only down 10) he was starting out. Had they made any headway he was coming right back in. I guess if you had an agenda you could say Lebron did "stat pad" 3 boards and a three after Pop threw in the white flag. But not really, considering none of the starters played the final 5 minutes.

JordansBulls
06-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I know you're just a troll, offer nothing constructive to the NBA forum and generally have an unhealthy jealousy/hate of Lebron, but I will still mention that being up 19 with 8:20 to go against a proven championship caliber team that is still playing Parker + Kawhi + Splitter, etc. (and already made a similar run to tie+beat the only team who had beat them in the playoffs thus far) is no time to let on the breaks. That would be a good way to blow a monumentally pivotal game en route to the title.

Also don't forget Dallas 2011 game 2. Miami was up 15 with 7 minutes left and Dallas came back and won.

7:13 73-88 Dwyane Wade makes 24-foot three point jumper (Mario Chalmers assists)
http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=310602014&period=4

stawka
06-10-2013, 11:15 PM
lol^

NYKalltheway
06-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Lebron's block was out of this world, definitely his.

jerellh528
06-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Lebrons looked "cooler" but hibberts block was more impressive. off topic, ill take Nate's block on bron as my fave of the season.

GunFactor187
06-11-2013, 04:08 AM
Neither.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GD8feepwrE

/thread