PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd pursuing Nets' coaching job

knicks=love
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Freshly retired NBA star Jason Kidd is pursuing the Brooklyn Nets' head coaching job and his candidacy has been discussed within the highest levels of the organization, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Kidd has been talking with associates about the possibility of making the immediate leap from a Hall of Fame playing career to a head coaching job, and has been working to identify a staff of assistant coaches who could help him overcome the significant learning curve, sources said.

The Nets have considered Indiana Pacers associate head coach Brian Shaw as their top target for the vacancy, but are competing with the Los Angeles Clippers and Denver Nuggets to secure him.

Kidd still has strong ties within the Nets' organization that he revived with consecutive NBA Finals appearances (2002 and '03). After 19 seasons in the league, Kidd retired last week after one season with the New York Knicks.

Before Kidd signed a free-agent deal with the Knicks, he considered re-joining the Nets as a backup to star point guard Deron Williams. Kidd and Williams have a strong relationship and share an agent.

Kidd retired as a 10-time All-Star, and second behind John Stockton in career assists and steals. He's considered one of the most intelligent players in the sports' history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--jason-kidd-chasing-nets--coaching-job-211403775.html

Shkelqim
06-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Lol no

KnickaBocka.44
06-09-2013, 05:37 PM
This would be extremely interesting. Would kind of be a slap in the face to the Knicks, but I cant blame him for wanting to go back to where some of his best years were.

knicks=love
06-09-2013, 05:39 PM
This would be extremely interesting. Would kind of be a slap in the face to the Knicks, but I cant blame him for wanting to go back to where some of his best years were.

how is that a slap in the face to the knicks? he's 40 years old..

todu82
06-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Kidd was a tremendous player but I doubt the Nets would want him as coach.

DoMeFavors
06-09-2013, 05:47 PM

how is it a slap in the face? he is retired.
its a coaching job after his playing years.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 05:48 PM
He honestly does not seem like a smart basketball fella to be brutally honest. He has no shot

LTBaByyy
06-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Wow lol

TeamSeattle
06-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Jason needs to be an assistant for a few years before he tries to hop right into a head coaching job. Let him build his credibility in a lesser role first.

NYKnicks4511
06-09-2013, 06:00 PM
He honestly does not seem like a smart basketball fella to be brutally honest. He has no shot

What planet do you live on? I'm hoping that this is sarcasm, because J-Kidd has one of the highest basketball IQs that I've ever seen. It's basically what allowed him to keep playing in the league despite his deteriorating athleticism.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 06:02 PM
LOLS :laugh:

Let it happen, I'd love to watch the car wreck. This is kid basically saying

"I coached the Knicks last season, so I'm ready"

Yight homie. You think it's easy?

oak2455
06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
This is perfect ..... Brooooooooooooookln!!!!!

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 06:06 PM
This is perfect ..... Brooooooooooooookln!!!!!

you'd think they'd go after

George Karl no
Brian Shaw no
Jeff Van Gundy no
Lionell Hollins no

Jason Kidd! wah wah wah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg)

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I would love him as an assistant but I doubt he'd be seriously considered.

DoMeFavors
06-09-2013, 06:07 PM
LOLS :laugh:

Let it happen, I'd love to watch the car wreck. This is kid basically saying

"I coached the Knicks last season, so I'm ready"

Yight homie. You think it's easy?

Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers two former players did pretty decent jobs id say in their first coaching jobs despite never being a coach.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-09-2013, 06:07 PM

George Karl no
Brian Shaw no
Jeff Van Gundy no
Lionell Hollins no

Jason Kidd! wah wah wah

Jason Kidd is pursuing the Nets job, the Nets aren't pursuing him. Reading comprehension people.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
What planet do you live on? I'm hoping that this is sarcasm, because J-Kidd has one of the highest basketball IQs that I've ever seen. It's basically what allowed him to keep playing in the league despite his deteriorating athleticism.

It terms of understanding the point position fine but as a head coach? Come on man that is just silly.

TeamSeattle
06-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Jason Kidd is pursuing the Nets job, the Nets aren't pursuing him. Reading comprehension people.

Its called headline reactions.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 06:10 PM

+1

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Apparently so.

RLundi
06-09-2013, 06:22 PM
He needs to pay his dues as an assistant coach first. Plus he just retired, doesn't he want to take a few years off, spending time with his family or just relaxing on the golf course?

maddBat
06-09-2013, 06:28 PM

he probably has 1 of the highest bball IQs in the game. hes top 3 in assists and steals. im pretty sure he has alot to teach on both offense and defense. just not sure hes ready to be a head coach right away. speaking on behalf of all nets fans it would be ideal to have shaw as head coach and jkidd as assistant. seems like a long shot tho.

oak2455
06-09-2013, 06:29 PM

George Karl no
Brian Shaw no
Jeff Van Gundy no
Lionell Hollins no

Jason Kidd! wah wah wah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg)
Lenny Wilkens

oak2455
06-09-2013, 06:30 PM
It's not happening walk away before ....... #trollgoeswild

MrfadeawayJB
06-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't see it. Let him be a assistant first

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 06:45 PM
he probably has 1 of the highest bball IQs in the game. hes top 3 in assists and steals. im pretty sure he has alot to teach on both offense and defense. just not sure hes ready to be a head coach right away. speaking on behalf of all nets fans it would be ideal to have shaw as head coach and jkidd as assistant. seems like a long shot tho.

So does Steve Nash... I would not chance him on being my coach though because there is a ton more to basketball and just because a player plays the game does not make him smart at every area and that is needed at coaching. I wouldnt even sniff him a chance if I were the Nets.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Iverson played the game and well he had a ton of steals and blah blah blah... I would rather my 13 year old niece coach...Its silly to say this guy is smart because he has done this or this or played this or this.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Its not unheard of for coaches to get hired with zero experience and be highly successful. Whats the difference of going directly from the booth to the sidelines from playing to coaching?

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Iverson played the game and well he had a ton of steals and blah blah blah... I would rather my 13 year old niece coach...Its silly to say this guy is smart because he has done this or this or played this or this.

lol, this is an asinine statement. Kidd's IQ is very easy to point out of both ends of the floor. And its not because of certain stats he puts up. He has been touted by the hundreds of players and dozens of coaches he has played with/under. Everyone who has ever played with the guy says hes the best leader and a coach on the floor. Sounds familiar to Mark Jackson and everyone said he needed to be an assistant first?

I mean did you really say earlier in this thread he doesn't have a high IQ because he can't shoot? Really?

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 06:56 PM

lol, this is an asinine statement. Kidd's IQ is very easy to point out of both ends of the floor. And its not because of certain stats he puts up. He has been touted by the hundreds of players and dozens of coaches he has played with/under. Everyone who has ever played with the guy says glowing things about his leadership and coaching on the floor. Sounds familiar to Mark Jackson and everyone said he needed to be an assistant first?

I mean did you really say earlier in this thread he doesn't have a high IQ because he can't shoot? Really?

Rivera
06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
It terms of understanding the point position fine but as a head coach? Come on man that is just silly.

And mark Jackson's coaching experience was ?????

Basketball is a different sport. Jkidds bball iq is very high he knows the game and was the coach on the floor for the Knicks playing SG. He was the voice of reason at times

As long as he surrounds him self with good assistants like Jackson did with Mike Malone kidd would be fine

ohreally
06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Shaw or Messina seem like good choices to me. I would pass on Kidd.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 07:08 PM
People act like Kidd won't have 5 veteran coaches by his side to help guide him and he is going to walk in there completely clueless. He's been coached by dozens of great coaches. He understands the mechanics of it. He will have plenty of experience on his staff. He wouldn't walk in their blind.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 07:08 PM
lol, this is an asinine statement. Kidd's IQ is very easy to point out of both ends of the floor. And its not because of certain stats he puts up. He has been touted by the hundreds of players and dozens of coaches he has played with/under. Everyone who has ever played with the guy says hes the best leader and a coach on the floor. Sounds familiar to Mark Jackson and everyone said he needed to be an assistant first?

When did I ever say that?

Edit- I did not mean his actual shot. I meant in terms of actually having any chance at coaching the Nets. Poor choice of words on my end.

COOLbeans
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Kidd would be a good coach and he has one of the highest bb IQs EVER. Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot and I digress.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 07:24 PM
I think a HC is a bit above him right now. I think he would make a great assistant for a couple years and then transition to HC. The guy is smart, understands offenses, and is a leader. I think any team would be smart to bring him on and groom him.

RiceOnTheRun
06-09-2013, 07:25 PM

I can't tell if you're kidding or if your mother decided to repeatedly bash your skull as a child.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 07:27 PM

And all future opinions by you lose all credibility with 1 post. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Kidd has one of the highest bball iq's of all time.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
And all future opinions by you lose all credibility with 1 post. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Kidd has one of the highest bball iq's of all time.

So does Jordan.... Look how that is turning out. I am not saying he does not know his position but there is a ton more to being a coach. Why risk it if your the Nets? Why not go out and get a proven coach?

ohreally
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
The guy was in a DWI accident less than a year ago, and you're going to make him the first guy to end his career, without ever having been an official player-coach, and go directly to coaching? I don't think so.

RiceOnTheRun
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
The guy was in a DWI accident less than a year ago, and you're going to make him the first guy to end his career, without ever having been an official player-coach, and go directly to coaching? I don't think so.

How does a DWI have anything to do with coaching ability?

@More-Than-Most : I agree with you that, he's probably not going to get this job, but it's inarguable that he is one of the most intelligent players to play the game. Look at what happened to Melo, JR and Felton this season. Decision making improved greatly on each of them. He's respected by coaches, players, rivals and analysts alike. With that much credibility, you can't say he doesn't know his game. Kidd's bball IQ is better than Jordan's. He'd definitely be one of the top assistant coaches in the league, hoping the Knicks sign him to that at least.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 07:39 PM
So does Jordan.... Look how that is turning out. I am not saying he does not know his position but there is a ton more to being a coach. Why risk it if your the Nets? Why not go out and get a proven coach?

Because there aren't really any proven coaches that seem interested in the Brooklyn job. If you read my above comment before addressing your opinion, you would have seen I said he should become a AC first. He has the right tools to become a head coach, just needs the coaching experience.

JEDean89
06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
don't get it for kid or the nets. it would be a hail mary for the nets which could work out either way. for kidd, he needs to take a year off, figure out what he really wants, then be an analyst for a couple years then pursue coaching. that's the mark jackson route, and i think a preferable one. either that or sit on the knicks bench next year and keep coaching the knicks, then take em over when woody is done.

DoMeFavors
06-09-2013, 08:05 PM
don't get it for kid or the nets. it would be a hail mary for the nets which could work out either way. for kidd, he needs to take a year off, figure out what he really wants, then be an analyst for a couple years then pursue coaching. that's the mark jackson route, and i think a preferable one. either that or sit on the knicks bench next year and keep coaching the knicks, then take em over when woody is done.

Why would Kidd choose to be an assistant for the Knicks? Under a coach he probably doesnt respect and has no history with?

JerseyPalahniuk
06-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't even know how to respond to this hahaha. Weird, confused, huh?

I think Billy King will end up offering him some sort of assistant position though - something i would be VERY happy about. He'll be able to teach Dwill his trade and help out the team offensively and help develop Tyshawn Taylor (who right now is our back-up PG because CJ Watson is planning on opting out according to recent sources).

TheNumber37
06-09-2013, 08:17 PM
A coach that can actually play with you in practice, haha.

It would be interesting to see an immediate turnaround like that, but I really hope he just gets a hand in assisting the Knicks. At least for the upcoming season. Then he'll go work with Mark Jackson which would be epic.

lamzoka
06-09-2013, 09:01 PM
No comment

netsgiantsyanks
06-09-2013, 09:15 PM
i'd happily take him as an assistant.

Chitownhero1992
06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I think it would be a better idea if the Nets were rebuilding but I like Jason Kidd for a head coaching job, he is the smartest basketball player over the last 10-15 years and has a great basketball IQ that will help him coach. Most PG's make great coaches look at River, CHeeks, Hunter, and the list keeps going.

THE MTL
06-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Iono if Jason Kidd should hop right into such a bright light that Brooklyn Nets are under, but I do agree that he will be a head coach and will be a DAMN GOOD ONE at that. Jason Kidd has the highest IQ I've ever seen in a bball player.

waveycrockett
06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Jason Kidd has the highest bball IQ I've ever seen. Not a great shooter, not a great athlete but had a great career. If mark jackson can do it I think Kidd can be 2x more successful.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Jason Kidd has the highest bball IQ I've ever seen. Not a great shooter, not a great athlete but had a great career. If mark jackson can do it I think Kidd can be 2x more successful.

Agreed, but not immediately after retiring. Let him relax, observe the game from an outsider's perspective for a bit. If he wants, give him an assistant position. But not the damn head coach immediately. I don't think he understands how stressful it would be to take over Brooklyn right now, especially with expectations increased now that we've already gotten to the playoffs. It's 2nd round or bust from here on out.

waveycrockett
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM

Agreed, but not immediately after retiring. Let him relax, observe the game from an outsider's perspective for a bit. If he wants, give him an assistant position. But not the damn head coach immediately. I don't think he understands how stressful it would be to take over Brooklyn right now, especially with expectations increased now that we've already gotten to the playoffs. It's 2nd round or bust from here on out.

If Kidd feels he is capable then I would let him have at it. He just finished a season playing for the Knicks at 40 years old. I would never doubt this guy. Nobody knows the game better than Jason Kidd. Only 2 players in sports I would do this for is Kidd and Peyton Manning. Like I said Mark Jackson is proving prior coaching experience is not necessary when you basically have been a player/coach your entire career.

DoMeFavors
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Kidd was a PG maybe the best ever, he def knows what a PG likes so he would have a good system set for Dwill.

BigBlueCrew
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
If Kidd feels he is capable then I would let him have at it. He just finished a season playing for the Knicks at 40 years old. I would never doubt this guy. Nobody knows the game better than Jason Kidd. Only 2 players in sports I would do this for is Kidd and Peyton Manning. Like I said Mark Jackson is proving prior coaching experience is not necessary when you basically have been a player/coach your entire career.

I guess he is not trying to "off" himself now? Right Wavery? ;)

waveycrockett
06-10-2013, 12:18 AM
I guess he is not trying to "off" himself now? Right Wavery? ;)
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DoMeFavors
06-10-2013, 12:23 AM
I honestly think Kidd was hurt that Mike Woodson a career bum of a player benched Jason Kidd in the playoffs. Being the compeitior he is he wants to run Woodson out of Kidds city.

daboywonder2002
06-10-2013, 03:32 PM
i know we all want brian shaw to get a hc job. i get it. but sometimes you gotta go with your gut. there's only a few people in pro sports i think could make the jump to head coach. kidd, grant hill, ray lewis, peyton manning chauncey billups to name a few. for every magic johsnon, there's a larry bird, lenny wilkens, and doc rivers.

KnickaBocka.44
06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
how is that a slap in the face to the knicks? he's 40 years old..

I was referring more to the fact that he would be leaving the Knicks and going straight across town to coach the little brother.

I understand his connection to the team, but even excluding strategical advantages against the Knicks because of the fact that he knows Woodson and the team inside and out, it just leaves a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Not saying I would hate him, but it makes me a little uneasy.

KnickaBocka.44
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I honestly think Kidd was hurt that Mike Woodson a career bum of a player benched Jason Kidd in the playoffs. Being the compeitior he is he wants to run Woodson out of Kidds city.

Your trolling is such a joke.

SportsFanatic10
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
i find this really interesting, i hope he can get the position just because i'm curious to see how he'd do.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Over at Netsdaily the head mod over there "Net Income", who has a lot of inside information, seems to be more or less saying Kidd has the job without actually saying it. Zero negative comments, almost as if Kidd has won over the organization.

I have mixed feels. My heart says Kidd but my head says Shaw/Hollins/Karl/Sloan. We'll see how it plays out!

2-ONE-5
06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Kidd was a PG maybe the best ever, he def knows what a PG likes so he would have a good system set for Dwill.

you were trolling less than usual in this thread until this post. good run though

oak2455
06-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Over at Netsdaily the head mod over there "Net Income", who has a lot of inside information, seems to be more or less saying Kidd has the job without actually saying it. Zero negative comments, almost as if Kidd has won over the organization.

I have mixed feels. My heart says Kidd but my head says Shaw/Hollins/Karl/Sloan. We'll see how it plays out!
I feel this can be a great move, reason why look at the Olympics , players looked up to Jason Kidd... It's worked for some players look at Joe Girardi and Mark Messier( possibly who might land the Rangers job)

JerseyPalahniuk
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM

I've been noticing that as well. Not just on netsdaily though. I follow him on twitter and all he's been doing is tweeting quotes from other players/coaches saying he would be a good coach. I mean of course would eventually - he has an incredibly high basketball IQ, but this early??

I am literally the exact same feelings as well. My first thought was cracking up that Kidd was even thining about being the HEAD coach but it seems like this is what's going to happen. Unless Shaw impresses in the interview (and he actually wants to coach us more than the Clippers), then I see Kidd being our coach.

If this was the Nets of old (hell even before this season),I would've been ecstatic, but our expectations are much higher now and I hope he can fulfill them if given the position. It all depends on what kind of assistant coach lineup he can find for himself. King and rest of Net FO are requiring experienced coaches which Lawrence Frank might provide, but hope we get more. Dream scenario would be Shaw Head Coach, Kidd as assistant.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh and Chronz, I think I remember you talking about his buyout negotiations with the Knicks, suggesting he was gonna try to go for at all? Yeah he left all $6 million on the table to make his pursuit of the Nets job less complication. No negotiations.

KniCks4LiFe
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I sat on this and thought about the negatives on Sunday, now having 2 days to process and think about this. It's a tough gutsy move. IDK if he can do it cuz' this is a more grueling job than being a player. Ask any former player coach and they'll tell you coaching players is the toughest thing to do.

I will now add some pros. The pros of Jason Kidd as a coach is knowledge. There were many times I heard the Knicks players saying how Jason Kidd was the calming force on that floor. He gave Melo confidence, he certainly helped Ray Ray, and was very helpful to JR and Cope.

The Boston Celtics said the most dangerous thing about playing Kidd is his mind, cuz he's always a step ahead of you. IDK if this works but there's one pro.

waveycrockett
06-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I think the org is also doing this to get the best out of Deron Williams. Mentally he hasn't been the same since his utah days. Has gotten a lot of bad advice as far as resting his body etc... kidd should put him in check

Metsboi69
06-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I've been noticing that as well. Not just on netsdaily though. I follow him on twitter and all he's been doing is tweeting quotes from other players/coaches saying he would be a good coach. I mean of course would eventually - he has an incredibly high basketball IQ, but this early??

I am literally the exact same feelings as well. My first thought was cracking up that Kidd was even thining about being the HEAD coach but it seems like this is what's going to happen. Unless Shaw impresses in the interview (and he actually wants to coach us more than the Clippers), then I see Kidd being our coach.

If this was the Nets of old (hell even before this season),I would've been ecstatic, but our expectations are much higher now and I hope he can fulfill them if given the position. It all depends on what kind of assistant coach lineup he can find for himself. King and rest of Net FO are requiring experienced coaches which Lawrence Frank might provide, but hope we get more. Dream scenario would be Shaw Head Coach, Kidd as assistant.

Agree with you 100%

east fb knicks
06-11-2013, 02:55 PM
lmao the nets are clowns

futureman
06-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I heard a rumor they are giving Kidd the coaching job. The Nets organization is run by idiots. They trade Damian Lillard for Gerald Wallace and this proves my point.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I heard a rumor they are giving Kidd the coaching job. The Nets organization is run by idiots. They trade Damian Lillard for Gerald Wallace and this proves my point.

Like they would have drafted Lillard at 6 if they had it :rolleyes:

Who is your team? The Jazz? Why did you guys trade away Dominique Wilkins? We can do this all day.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
hoops rumor tweeted out Kidd is the front runner. Bad move for the Nets so that makes me happy.

Clippersfan86
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
hoops rumor tweeted out Kidd is the front runner. Bad move for the Nets so that makes me happy.

Credit Woj for reporting first, not Hoops Rumor.

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Kidd is coming home to the Nets
Shaw is going back to LA

oak2455
06-11-2013, 03:44 PM
And maybe you'd stop posting :cheers:

Shkelqim
06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
They'll probably hire somebody else and just make him part of the staff, its logical. Doubt he gets it without the experience

oak2455
06-11-2013, 04:08 PM
#firstroundexit ....the guy has never coached, he's better than nobody right now... You know sports huh ? :laugh:

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Woodson was a low role player and Kidd was one of the best of all time. Our coach is better

Means nothing, that is a stupid example. Magic was a better player than both and was a ****** coach.

BigBlueCrew
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Means nothing, that is a stupid example. Magic was a better player than both and was a ****** coach.

Damn....you beat me to it.

Who cares if Jason Kidd was a great player on the court. Doesnt mean squat as a coach. May even mean he's a bad head out as other great players have been.

lvlheaded
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Isaiah Thomas was a great player, how's his post retirement career look as a coach/executive?

I like Kidd and think he's gonna be a solid coach, but to argue that he was a great player which automatically makes him a great coach is just down right stupid. To go even further and say he's a better coach than anyone at this point is just laughable. How about he coaches a single game before we say he's better than Woody or anyone else at this point for that matter.

#dontfeedTrollMeFavors

xxplayerxx23
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I think Kidd will be an outstanding coach but I'm interested to add rotations and his mins distribution. Also if the talent isn't there can't expect to much. The east will be tougher next year

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Kidd has been in this game for 20 years he knows different systems he will win COY and win 60+ games with this team. You can keep hating all you want. Jason Kidd is going to be the next Phil Jackson.

So excited Kidd is coming home.

VCaintdead17
06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Kidd has been in this game for 20 years he knows different systems he will win COY and win 60+ games with this team. You can keep hating all you want. Jason Kidd is going to be the next Phil Jackson.

lol

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Lol ive been playing that song "Im coming home" all day, just thinking about Jason Kidd.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Agreed, Kidd is going to be an outstanding coach for them. For me personally, he is a much better option than the COY Karl and the man who led his team to the most wins in team history. Without having watched him try to attempt to coach one game I would already put him in the Top 5 coaches of all time, slightly behind Poppovich, but after he wins 72 games this season and wins multiple titles he will become the best to ever do it!

sunsfan88
06-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow their going to hire Jason Kidd right after he retired? Has that ever happened before?

And their passing on Shaw, Karl, Hollins, Joerger etc for him? Wow. I mean he could still turn out to be a good HC but he just retired from PLAYING and only Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers have turned out well to become good HCs without any experience. And even then Rivers & Jackson took time off after they retired to learn more about basketball coaching, etc.

oak2455
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Same with the Nets :laugh: it's funny your trolling is horrible :laugh:

WickedBadMan
06-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Must have been impressive in the interview, GM knows they will get fired if this flopped.

oak2455
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Bingo , I do think Jason will be good .... I Gotta stop responding to that one delusional Net fan

Aust
06-11-2013, 04:48 PM

I feel bad for this organization.

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Same with the Nets :laugh: it's funny your trolling is horrible :laugh:

Im not trolling im saying Kidd is the best coach on the market right now and the greatest basketball minds in history. PJ was the coach without a system.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
what makes him the best coach on the market? he was a player 5 minutes ago

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM

His concepts and his 20 + years in the NBA make him the best. That beats any coach on the market or in the nBA. who has gone through what Kidd has gone through?

And Jason Kidd only wants to coach the Nets that is what is cool, if this was never an offer he would be on the Knicks right now for another 2 years. He wants to coach the Nets and only the Nets.

BigBlueCrew
06-11-2013, 05:44 PM

because DoMeFavors said so :laugh:

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Kidd is going to attract a ton of players to take the vet min to play for him. Cause of how respected he is.

oak2455
06-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Kidd is going to attract a ton of players to take the vet min to play for him. Cause of how respected he is.
yup every FA :laugh:

BigBlueCrew
06-11-2013, 07:13 PM

first lets see if he can control the Coach Killa!!!

JerseyPalahniuk
06-11-2013, 07:28 PM
DoMeFavors only represents the terribly, biased opinions of himself. He doesn't even represent the Nets homers like wavey. DMF is in his own class. Don't compliment him by calling him a Nets homer.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-11-2013, 07:32 PM
"My first thought was cracking up that Kidd was even thining about being the HEAD coach but it seems like this is what's going to happen. Unless Shaw impresses in the interview (and he actually wants to coach us more than the Clippers), then I see Kidd being our coach.

If this was the Nets of old (hell even before this season),I would've been ecstatic, but our expectations are much higher now and I hope he can fulfill them if given the position. It all depends on what kind of assistant coach lineup he can find for himself. King and rest of Net FO are requiring experienced coaches which Lawrence Frank might provide, but hope we get more. Dream scenario would be Shaw Head Coach, Kidd as assistant."

bumping my own post haha, got hidden under all the domefavors rant. Leaning more towards "excitement" now that it's becoming more and more likely.

One thing is FOR SURE though. It will be very hard for me to talk #*& about Kidd as I have repeatedly about Avery and PJC hahaha. On netsdaily.com, every thread would mention #FIREAVERY and later #FIREPJC after every game haha. Gonna be interesting to check out those threads after the first few bad games haha. I'm sure other Nets fans would agree.

ohreally
06-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Im not trolling im saying Kidd is the best coach on the market right now and the greatest basketball minds in history. PJ was the coach without a system.

You're multi-delusional, I'll give you that. Kidd has spousal abuse in his past and an accident while DWI still in his present. He does not deserve to be a coach and I'd be royally p---d if he was hired. Nets could go to h--l.

Saying he's the best coach available and one of the greatest basketball minds in history is just so damn sick it sets a new level of stupidity and it's insulting to SOOOO many people that it's beyond comprehension. I just hope and pray you're not from Brooklyn.

DoMeFavors
06-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Everyone is so jealous of the Nets that when they are about to hire Jason Kidd everyone acts like he doesnt have a great basketball mind and its a terrible move. Its so obvious you guys are jealous.

futureman
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Like they would have drafted Lillard at 6 if they had it :rolleyes:

Who is your team? The Jazz? Why did you guys trade away Dominique Wilkins? We can do this all day.

They had no Money to pay Dominique Wilkins because this was before the salary cap and they were dirt poor. Could've had Favors , Kanter and Lillard all on the same team if only your FO was patient. But their impatience will be their downfall.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
They had no Money to pay Dominique Wilkins because this was before the salary cap and they were dirt poor. Could've had Favors , Kanter and Lillard all on the same team if only your FO was patient. But their impatience will be their downfall.

why would we want a bunch of young guys that dont win games? look at kings,pistons,jazz been doing it for years and got nowhere.

colinskik
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Everyone is so jealous of the Nets that when they are about to hire Jason Kidd everyone acts like he doesnt have a great basketball mind and its a terrible move. Its so obvious you guys are jealous.

Do you even know what the word jealous means, because it doesn’t seem like it with this post.

I don’t think any fan would want a head coach with zero experience if they expect to challenge in the playoffs. I guess you don’t have high hopes for the Nets next year.

DoMeFavors
06-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Do you even know what the word jealous means, because it doesn’t seem like it with this post.

I don’t think any fan would want a head coach with zero experience if they expect to challenge in the playoffs. I guess you don’t have high hopes for the Nets next year.

I guess so

Clippersfan86
06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
"Nets GM Billy King met with Brian Shaw for four-plus hours on Wednesday, league sources tell Y! Hiring of a new coach expected promptly."

-Woj