PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Game 2: San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat - 6/9/13 - 8:00 PM - SA leads 1-0

Pages : 1 2 [3]

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Block of the year no doubt. Finals has delivered some moments you will remember for a long time between Parker's shot and that block. Whichever team wins, that moment is gonna be frozen in time.

ChitownBears22
Great game. Great finish by LeBron. Huge assists and shots to close the game

justinnum1
Time for Lebron to pad his stats now that the game isn't in question. He really should be on the bench resting for game three instead of filling his stat sheet in garbage time.

:dance:

BigBlueCrew
Why is Spo calling a timeout? :pity:

natelpete
Time for Lebron to pad his stats now that the game isn't in question. He really should be on the bench resting for game three instead of filling his stat sheet in garbage time.

How bad does it hurt?

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
eversince that block, Red Rocket is the only one who went to the rim. And Danny Green there.

That was like 4-5 plays ago lol Its not like he blocked that shot last quarter

Rivera
Tmac is scared to shoot lmaooo

Jarvo
If this don't motivate them on Tues than boy I don't know what will.

Ryan328
This is embarrassing

amos1er
Lebron padding his stats in garbage time. This is exactly why you can't look at a stat sheet to see how effective a player was. Anyone who actually watched this game knows just how much Lebron disappeared when the game was still in question and that most of his stats were earned in garbage time against the Spurs' B team.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
If this don't motivate them on Tues than boy I don't know what will.

No doubt it will. They haven't lost back to back games either this playoffs, not only Miami.

JC_
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Why is Spo calling a timeout? :pity:

Are you serious?

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Lebron padding his stats in garbage time. This is exactly why you can't look at a stat sheet to see how effective a player was. Anyone who actually watched this game knows just how much Lebron disappeared when the game was still in question and that most of his stats were earned in garbage time against the Spurs' B team.

He did a lot to close out the third and start the fourth to make this a blowout. Did he not?

bucketss
Pop empties the bench, Heat keep starters. Crazy as it sounds, it will motivate the hell out of the starters for the next game. Watch out for game 3 lol

lebron was complaining about fatigue, shouldn't he be sitting.., spo has ZERO control of this team they do what ever the **** they want.

amos1er
Maybe the Spurs blew the game on purpose to give T-Mac a chance to play.

natelpete
You're a sad little man.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Tmac is scared to shoot lmaooo

he's going to retire w/ a 100% shooting pct as an NBA finals player, he's just waiting.

ThaDubs

You are seriously out to get LeBron with your posts. Kobe scored 81 points in one game and you're trying to tell me that LeBron is padding his stats? Grow the **** up. There is nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Jdawg
Spurs got blown out by 31 points by the Pistons in 2005.

amos1er
lebron was complaining about fatigue, shouldn't he be sitting.., spo has ZERO control of this team they do what ever the **** they want.

Yup, thats your boy padding his stats because he had such a **** game for the first three quarters. This is exactly what I don't like about Lebron.

TestedWest
You wish son.

It's very simple. Heat turn it up. Spurs turn it down.
Haha dad?!?!?

ManRam
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
hey, I'm here for the T-Mac goodness!

Wilson
Spurs aren't there mentally. They win one game out of three in SA then lose the series in mia imo.

I don't see how they're not there mentally. They were 100% zoned in on Thursday and fought hard today. It got away from them a bit at the end of the third quarter and then the bench guys couldn't hold the fort for a few minutes at the start of the fourth. They'll come out fighting again on Tuesday.

Miami might well still win two out of the three games but it won't be because the Spurs have checked out. It's going to be close either way.

JLynn943
He did a lot to close out the third and start the fourth to make this a blowout. Did he not?

shhh

Can't recognize that as it goes against his "point"

ChitownBears22
Battier still sucks in garbage time

ManRam
Chalmers/Allen/Miller/James/Andersen lineup was absolutely insane tonight. They're the difference.

They're all like +30 tonight.

ThaDubs

He sparked the run that made this game a blowout. He did the exact opposite of what you just said he did. He appeared when the game was still in question.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 10:21 PM
1 thing I've learned from the 2 losses we've had, Pop will adjust to what Miami did differently tonight.

ManRam
06-09-2013, 10:22 PM
if the world ignored amos1er, like i do, it would be a much better place. can y'all stop quoting him so i don't have to see his garbage? thx! :love:

ChitownBears22
30-5 run to end the third and start the fourth.

LeBron 3-3 8pts 3 assists. But he did nothing right Amos1er. No defense, no distribution, no nothing.

ChitownBears22
1 thing I've learned from the 2 losses we've had, Pop will adjust to what Miami did differently tonight.

Yup and Miami won't make any changes.

Mell413
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Yup, thats your boy padding his stats because he had such a **** game for the first three quarters. This is exactly what I don't like about Lebron.

If he just held the ball and did nothing I'm sure you would complain about that too. What's he supposed to do? Just tank it while he's out there?

koreancabbage
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
that Lebron block was probably the block of the year.

Splitter looking for the big time slam with all his power and dang, Lebron just meets him at the rim.

ManRam
06-09-2013, 10:24 PM
spo deserve some credit. when things go well, he usually doesn't get much, but when things go poorly he gets the brunt of it. the heat did a lot of things differently today, and it was super effective/.

koreancabbage
man, TMac is a former shell of himself.

what happened?

TeamSeattle
that Lebron block was probably the block of the year.

Splitter looking for the big time slam with all his power and dang, Lebron just meets him at the rim.

Hibbert's was just as good

natelpete
Spurs got blown out by 31 points by the Pistons in 2005.

Just like the Spurs aren't the last year's Thunder, the Heat aren't the the 2005 Pistons.

shep33
Wade didn't play very well again, but boy it really didn't matter lol

shep33
man, TMac is a former shell of himself.

what happened?

No knees, and old age

amos1er
You are seriously out to get LeBron with your posts. Kobe scored 81 points in one game and you're trying to tell me that LeBron is padding his stats? Grow the **** up. There is nothing wrong with what he's doing.

It's the finals. He shouldn't risk injury by playing in garbage time. What he is doing is selfish stat padding. He is unnecessarily risking injury in order to fill his own ego. I wouldn't want a franchise player like that. Oh and funny you bring up the 81 point game because you clearly don't know **** about ****. If you had actually watched the game, you would know that the game was actually in question the entire time. In fact, when Kobe scored 62 in three quarters, he sat out in the 4th instead of going for a record. Kobe also sat out the last game of the 2012 season when all he had to do was score 18 points to win his third scoring title because there was no point for him to play in that game as the Lakers seeding was already decided. That is exactly why someone like Lebron should never be compared to a Kobe Bryant. What Lebron is doing now is pathetic.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Battier hit a 3. Holy ****.

kdspurman
Wade didn't play very well again, but boy it really didn't matter lol

He played well in the first half. He and Chalmers both with 10 at the half

OceanSpray
That was dunk of the year. I didn't even see LeBron coming in and out of nowhere, he came. Great game by Miami. Everyone chipped in and LeBron struggled in the first half and mid 3rd quarter. Spurs will come back, though. Hopefully Miami can at least win 2 games in SAS and close it out in game 6.

amos1er
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
If he just held the ball and did nothing I'm sure you would complain about that too. What's he supposed to do? Just tank it while he's out there?

Ugh...how about sit on the bench. Pop pulled his starters, there is no reason for him to be out there other than needless statpadding.

ChitownBears22
2 points. That is all the Spurs startere scored in the 4th quarter. Humbled quickly

ThaDubs

No way. LeBron is a SF and Tiago is a C. The positions are flipped on the Hibbert block. Also LeBron completely stopped Tiago's arm and sent it going back the other way.

koreancabbage

ya i agree it was good.

but having a smaller player block a bigger player is more impressive.

ThaDubs
06-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Ugh...how about sit on the bench. Pop pulled his starters, there is no reason for him to be out there other than needless statpadding.

Like 3 possessions later he sat.

Jarvo
Can't believe we got spanked like that, But oh boy I know we not losing tues.

OceanSpray
It's the finals. He shouldn't risk injury by playing in garbage time. What he is doing is selfish stat padding. He is unnecessarily risking injury in order to fill his own ego. I wouldn't want a franchise player like that. Oh and funny you bring up the 81 point game because you clearly don't know **** about ****. If you had actually watched the game, you would know that the game was actually in question the entire time. In fact, when Kobe scored 62 in three quarters, he sat out in the 4th instead of going for a record. Kobe also sat out the last game of the 2012 season when all he had to do was score 18 points to win his third scoring title because there was no point for him to play in that game as the Lakers seeding was already decided. That is exactly why someone like Lebron should never be compared to a Kobe Bryant. What Lebron is doing now is pathetic.

How is that stat padding? LeBron could've gotten so many triple doubles in the regular season and he sat out. You don't even know what stat padding means.

ChitownBears22

That is a coach decision. LeBron was told to play, he played. But you could find a problem with LeBron if he donated all of his money to cancer research.

kdspurman
2 points. That is all the Spurs startere scored in the 4th quarter. Humbled quickly

Not quite, considering how many minutes they played in the 4th.

ManRam

pretty similar...almost identical.

lebron blocked a dude bigger than him (maybe)...and i think splitter was going in with just a bit more force. slight nod to bron's...but they are super close.

amos1er
06-09-2013, 10:28 PM
That was dunk of the year. I didn't even see LeBron coming in and out of nowhere, he came. Great game by Miami. Everyone chipped in and LeBron struggled in the first half and mid 3rd quarter. Spurs will come back, though. Hopefully Miami can at least win 2 games in SAS and close it out in game 6.

Luckily for him he was able to pad some extra stats to salvage his trainwreck of a game during garbage time. Sucks if your actually a true Heat fan because he is putting the team at huge risk by playing when the game is already decided.

OceanSpray
Miami needs to win game 2 games in SA. If not, things will look scary.

TeamSeattle
3 home games for SA...I see them winning at least two of them there.

ChitownBears22
Like 3 possessions later he sat.

The biggest 3 possessions of the game. Duh

Jarvo
Now watch people say "Omg Spurs losing 3 straight"

natelpete

Exactly!! It's the Finals, he stayed in until it was out of reach and sat with 5 minutes left in the game.

Guess we won't know what Kobe would do in this situation since he's nowhere to be seen right now.

Mell413

Then blame Spo for not taking him out. Unless you saw Lebron asking to stay in ( I certainly didn't see it).

kdspurman
Outside of Green, everyone shot very poorly tonight.

amos1er
06-09-2013, 10:29 PM
That is a coach decision. LeBron was told to play, he played. But you could find a problem with LeBron if he donated all of his money to cancer research.

lol Like Lebron would actually listen to Spoelstra if he told him to sit down. LMAO!!!

koreancabbage

he was out there maybe like 2-3 minutes after Pop took his starters out. transition to the bench players

they won big and all you can is about Lebron stat padding?

man, the hate is strong with this one.

Jason44
This is obvious but who ever wins the turnover battle will we the series.

TeamSeattle
Outside of Green, everyone shot very poorly tonight.

I wouldn't look too much into that, its the Spurs and they will adjust accordingly.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
pretty similar...almost identical.

lebron blocked a dude bigger than him (maybe)...and i think splitter was going in with just a bit more force. slight nod to bron's...but they are super close.

1 thing I noticed from that replay Splitter sort of lost the ball before he met Lebron. Not taking anything away from Lebron, but something to take note on

ChitownBears22
Luckily for him he was able to pad some extra stats to salvage his trainwreck of a game during garbage time. Sucks if your actually a true Heat fan because he is putting the team at huge risk by playing when the game is already decided.

LeBron is healthy, we won, and LeBron didn't have his best game. I don't care about the stats. We got the W.

Should be scary to the Spurs that LeBron was able to turn it on and find a flaw in their defense during the end of the third and beginning of the fourth when they outscored the Spurs 30-5. (LeBron 3/3 8 points 3 assists)

amos1er
Then blame Spo for not taking him out. Unless you saw Lebron asking to stay in ( I certainly didn't see it).

It's both their faults really. Spo for not having any control over Lebron and Lebron for being a stat padder.

bucketss

very good reason why someone would hate bron, but unfortunately you hate him because of the kobe vs lebron rivalry among the fans, and you being a bit paranoid of his greatness.

kdspurman
I wouldn't look too much into that, its the Spurs and they will adjust accordingly.

Oh yea, I have no doubt they will, just like I have no doubt they'll shoot better at home.

koreancabbage
06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Not quite, considering how many minutes they played in the 4th.

it was the reason they played that many minutes.

ThaDubs

You are making it seem so much more complicated then it is. LeBron sparked the run that won them the game. Then when Spo told him to sit, he sat. He's not padding his stats (his stats are good enough that one bad playoff game won't effect them). Also this game was won by 21, the Raptors game was won by 18. Not a big difference.

Minimal
IMO home court advantage won't be a factor in this series, 2 teams are really experienced that it won't make any difference where they play and I won't be surprised if Miami wins 2 or even all 3 games in SA.

ChitownBears22
1 thing I noticed from that replay Splitter sort of lost the ball before he met Lebron. Not taking anything away from Lebron, but something to take note on

Yes most people don't have full control of the ball when they dunk. Most people don't have hands big enough.

ManRam

i haven't seen a slow-mo replay, so i dunno...

both were nut-worthy. i'm content leaving it at that.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Pretty weird game, it seemed to me like Spurs were in control of the game and than it just spiraled out of control. Miami is capable of blowing games wide open like that. Spurs are still in a good spot going back home for 3 straight. This one looks like its gonna go 7. I can't see Miami winning 2 of 3 in SA.

ChitownBears22
It's both their faults really. Spo for not having any control over Lebron and Lebron for being a stat padder.

Poor Amos1er. Kobe is declining and LeBron is the best in the world. And all you do is hate and miss out on watching a great player. pity really

BigBlueCrew
Now they put on Spolestra's speeches. When Miami gets a blowout :laugh2:

bucketss

lol isn't kobe the guy that scored 81 points? you're going to tell me he wasn't stat padding that game.

koreancabbage
IMO home court advantage won't be a factor in this series and I won't be surprised if Miami wins 2 or even all 3 games in SA.

please stop right there.

natelpete
06-09-2013, 10:33 PM

Go post in a Kobe thread. We know that's what this is all about. You don't want your golden boy to get passed by Lebron, even though that happened a while ago.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 10:33 PM
it was the reason they played that many minutes.

Not really, I mean the lineup he started the 4th with, I think either 2 or 3 of the 5 starters played. Duncan never even saw the court for example that quarter

ThaDubs
06-09-2013, 10:34 PM
How is that stat padding? LeBron could've gotten so many triple doubles in the regular season and he sat out. You don't even know what stat padding means.

He's out to get LeBron man. If it was anybody else he wouldn't have said anything. If it was Kobe he'd say that Kobe was being good sport by not playing the whole game.

kdspurman
Yes most people don't have full control of the ball when they dunk. Most people don't have hands big enough.

Most people in the NBA don't? I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion

D-Leethal
This is obvious but who ever wins the turnover battle will we the series.

Pretty much.

Minimal
and its only 39 pages by the end of the game lol

NeverSayNevur
06-09-2013, 10:35 PM
lol isn't kobe the guy that scored 81 points? you're going to tell me he wasn't stat padding that game.

No because the Lakers were actually getting blown out by the Raptors for a good part of the game.

bucketss
06-09-2013, 10:35 PM
its one thing to be a lebron hater, but AMO1SER is a huge kobe homer, my goodness does kobe ever sin in your book, get off his tip.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Most people in the NBA don't? I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion

It is very hard to gain control of the ball after dribble driving, not everyone has shaq hands. Not saying their hands are tiny, but it is a split second move and control is rare. Even Jordan wouldn't have full control on dunks.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
its one thing to be a lebron hater, but AMO1SER is a huge kobe homer, my goodness does kobe ever sin in your book, get off his tip.

Just his tip. Amos1er is balls deep while tossing salad.

OceanSpray
See y'all in game 3!

justinnum1
How many more pages if miami lost?

bucketss
No because the Lakers were actually getting blown out by the Raptors for a good part of the game.

they were up big in the 4th, it was obvious he was trying to break some record.

TeamSeattle
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Heat fans finally being reasonable after a win, probly cuz whats his name isn't here.

Iron24th
IMO home court advantage won't be a factor in this series, 2 teams are really experienced that it won't make any difference where they play and I won't be surprised if Miami wins 2 or even all 3 games in SA.

Post of the night...

ManRam
amos1er, what do you think about the results to this ESPN poll?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/358zcjn.jpg

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9340044/top-players-nba-finals

suggesting:

parker has the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, and 15th best players this series as a supporting cast
lebron has the 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th and 13th best players as a supporting cast

i don't necessarily agree with that, but the public seems to be suggesting that what you've been championing around all year, about how lebron has the best cast ever (which is a joke), might not eve be the best supporting cast this year.

rex.reyesiii
06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm not tuned in. How was the Flopping this game?

Can't believe most people think Miami is the most Flopping Team in the NBA.

mightybosstone
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Why the hell is there any Kobe discussion at all after this game? Please tell me this **** isn't devolving into another Kobe-Lebron dick measuring contest? If you can't just talk about these two teams and relate everything to this series and this game, then just shut up.

ManRam
y'all need to ignore amos1er and the lebron stuff :laugh:

dude's not a terrible poster...when he's not talking lebron. when he is, just ignore it. you could tell him that humans need to breath to survive but if it made lebron look good he'd say you're wrong. no reason to argue with him!

KniCks4LiFe

you are. You cut it down a bit this series tho.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Parker flopped twice that I saw. Neither drew a whistle.

ManRam
06-09-2013, 10:42 PM
i think andersen flopped once, parker flopped twice that i saw and manu once as well.

that's all i saw, but i wasn't focusing as much as normal...was at a bar.

TestedWest
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't see how they're not there mentally. They were 100% zoned in on Thursday and fought hard today. It got away from them a bit at the end of the third quarter and then the bench guys couldn't hold the fort for a few minutes at the start of the fourth. They'll come out fighting again on Tuesday.

Miami might well still win two out of the three games but it won't be because the Spurs have checked out. It's going to be close either way.

Fair enough. I just think that Heat will respond from this game and show dominance towards the end of a close game for the next couple games.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
It is very hard to gain control of the ball after dribble driving, not everyone has shaq hands. Not saying their hands are tiny, but it is a split second move and control is rare. Even Jordan wouldn't have full control on dunks.

That is completely false. You cannot dunk without complete control unless its a fluke make. Not having control and having delicate control are two different things. Your shot is easily thrown off but if unimpeded, you have complete control on a dunk.

rex.reyesiii
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
This:

He(Wade) played well in the first half. He and Chalmers both with 10 at the half

then this:

Is there something wrong with them playing alongside each other?

I hope not.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
That is completely false. You cannot dunk without complete control unless its a fluke make. Not having control and having delicate control are two different things. Your shot is easily thrown off but if unimpeded, you have complete control on a dunk.

Watch the Shumpert clip in your sig. He throws it down, he doesn't have control to the rim.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Chalmers was just hitting wide open shots LeBron created. I still think he's the adopted 1st rd. player.

What ya homies don't get is that to stop LeBron you use a lot of energy, it's not like he's not a beast, he is. He's the worst type cuz' he can run you off a court. Problem here is when you use a lot of energy and you hold him to average, it's still losing energy. And LeBron catches 2nd wind and boom lawls you to sleep then kicks your ***..

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Tony Parker was flopping the entire game.

Wilson
06-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Fair enough. I just think that Heat will respond from this game and show dominance towards the end of a close game for the next couple games.

The Heat definitely responded to what happened in game one, where the Spurs made the necessary plays. I think the Spurs will respond to what happened tonight. There probably won't be a blow-out in game three but I expect the next two games to be split.

The Spurs definitely need to get Duncan and Parker going again though, and use the three point shot as a bonus rather than the thing carrying their offence. I'm sure they'll get that sorted in a hurry though.

TeamSeattle
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Yea Splitter definitely lost control of the ball when he went up. It was clear as day on that up close replay.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Spurs were in this game because they were 9/13 from three at half. Shots stopped falling and the HEAT didn't give up the paint in the second half. IT was a dominant defensive game.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I hate both these teams, this is like torture watching them.

SAS is a team that literally tanked to land Tim Duncan. And their GM found Manu and Tony and bred them.

MIA is a team that conspired to get together. Literally. But the thing is that one guy on that team is going to go down as right now the best physical specimen in the NBA.

BigBlueCrew
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM

SAS is a team that literally tanked to land Tim Duncan. And their GM found Manu and Tony and bred them.

MIA is a team that conspired to get together. Literally. But the thing is that one guy on that team is going to go down as right now the best physical specimen in the NBA.

:facepalm:

Guy, if you wanna root for Miami, just go ahead and do so. No-one cares. Stop with the "this is like torture watching them"

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 10:52 PM
I honestly think Spurs were tired. Manu looked like he had dead legs. Parker got hit by a few screens. Duncan was a tad slower compared to game 1. Let's see if they can bounce back. One game rest, only time can tell.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM
So Crawford reffed and we have no rigging talk. That is odd. Thanks PSD for realizing that this game was just a blowout.

BigBlueCrew
06-09-2013, 10:54 PM
So Crawford reffed and we have no rigging talk. That is odd. Thanks PSD for realizing that this game was just a blowout.

you shoulda got here before miami pulled away.......

oh yeah you, justin and the others didnt ;)

Slug3
06-09-2013, 10:55 PM

I was here the whole time.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 10:56 PM

huh? I was here the whole time. Didn't post much because I was working. Still am but I am just about off shift and my work here is done.

BigBlueCrew
06-09-2013, 10:56 PM
I was here the whole time.

your excluded, I see your always here

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Watch the Shumpert clip in your sig. He throws it down, he doesn't have control to the rim.

And that is a once-a-year type fluke dunk that he alley oop'd off the rim. A typical dunk off the dribble you have control until your blocked or fouled.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Yea Splitter definitely lost control of the ball when he went up. It was clear as day on that up close replay.

Yea that's what I was saying... It was pretty clear. Great block nonetheless, but not block of the year or anything else that it'll get made out to be. Just a great block

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Do you guys think Spurs can honestly bounce back? I think they're tired. They looked tired in the second half and Miami really has an off and on switch. Manu has looked miserable this playoffs.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM

David Robinson played 6 games that year. They didn't tank for the hell of it. How is finding Manu and Tony and breeding them supposed to be a slight?

And LeBron might be the best physical specimen in NBA history but is Tim Duncan not a top 10 all time player in his own right?

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Do you guys think Spurs can honestly bounce back? I think they're tired. They looked tired in the second half and Miami really has an off and on switch. Manu has looked miserable this playoffs.

I think they can make it a series, but I don't think they will. Pop is going to prove whether or not he is the adjustment king on Tuesday. He will have to find a way to stop the pick and roll with LeBron. If he can't they might not have to travel back to Miami.

Disclaimer: I am not saying the HEAT will sweep, just saying if Pop can't stop the pick and roll this series will get ugly quick.

ManRam
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Of course they can. They got 3 at home and the best coach in the NBA.

Manu did look terrible, but they can over come that. They haven't been too reliant on Manu this year.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 11:05 PM
David Robinson played 6 games that year. They didn't tank for the hell of it. How is finding Manu and Tony and breeding them supposed to be a slight?

And LeBron might be the best physical specimen in NBA history but is Tim Duncan not a top 10 all time player in his own right?

they didn't tank to get Tim Duncan? you serious about that?

When did I say Tim wasn't a HOFer? :confused:

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:07 PM
The thing with Spurs is they looked REALLY tired. They looked slow and asides from Danny Green, they weren't really playing well offensively. Even if Pop makes adjustments, they will still be tired. This may be the effects from game 1. They had a 10 day rest and that was cut to 3 days and now 2 days.

kdspurman

Oddly enough, they looked just as tired and old during the GS series losses, yet after each loss they came back and played great. Of course they can bounce back, they all shot poorly from the field sans Danny Green. They, like Miami have not lost back 2 back games yet either this post season.

ChitownBears22
Does anyone think Danny Green shoots 5/5 from 3 again? Doubt it. Green was the only reason the Spurs were in this game at half. Shooting went cold, Green didn't get a good look, and a blowout ensued. LeBron might be on Green game 3 again, like the second half.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:09 PM
The thing with Spurs is they looked REALLY tired. They looked slow and asides from Danny Green, they weren't really playing well offensively. Even if Pop makes adjustments, they will still be tired. This may be the effects from game 1. They had a 10 day rest and that was cut to 3 days and now 2 days.

Wade was exhausted at half time and even said they're tired. Even said they lost game 1 cause they were "fatigued" the fatigue factor goes both ways. Miami bounced back from looking tired too and Spo plays his guys more minutes than Pop does. Fatigue is not an issue at all for the Spurs

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Wade was exhausted at half time and even said they're tired. Even said they lost game 1 cause they were "fatigued" the fatigue factor goes both ways. Miami bounced back from looking tired too and Spo plays his guys more minutes than Pop does. Fatigue is not an issue at all for the Spurs

Could be. That Bulls/Pacers series really did a damage on Miami. Guess we'll find out in games 3-5.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Does anyone think Danny Green shoots 5/5 from 3 again? Doubt it. Green was the only reason the Spurs were in this game at half. Shooting went cold, Green didn't get a good look, and a blowout ensued. LeBron might be on Green game 3 again, like the second half.

That works out, cause it means Lebron will be chasing him around. Green has been hot from 3 all post season. Leonard is struggling to get going, he's missed a lot of open corner 3's that he's lived on all year.

If Green is hitting big shots on the road, I have no reason to believe he won't at home. Same for Neal, Leonard, and Bonner might even get some time. Role players always play better on their home court. I don't see Chalmers putting up 19 or leading the game in scoring either.

We'll see what happens

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Could be. That Bulls/Pacers series really did a damage on Miami. Guess we'll find out in games 3-5.

Right, and now there's only 1 day off between games 3/4. No time to be tired now

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:15 PM
That works out, cause it means Lebron will be chasing him around. Green has been hot from 3 all post season. Leonard is struggling to get going, he's missed a lot of open corner 3's that he's lived on all year.

If Green is hitting big shots on the road, I have no reason to believe he won't at home. Same for Neal, Leonard, and Bonner might even get some time. Role players always play better on their home court. I don't see Chalmers putting up 19 or leading the game in scoring either.

We'll see what happens

Ehh, someone mentioned that this series will be determined by turnovers - I completely agree. Miami lost game 1 because of costly turnovers at the fourth. Spurs lost game 2 because of costly turnovers throughout the entire game. Miami has been playing well offensively, Spurs haven't. Rebounding is pretty much even between game 1 and game 2.

Teeboy1487
06-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Game 1 was an outlier. No way the Spurs could play another low turnover game like that against Miami again. The Heat are the better defensive team by far. I think the Heat are about to take over the series.

IversonIsKrazy
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM
At the end of the day, Spurs are heading home with a 1-1 split. Miami's role players are not likely to play as well as they did in Miami. While Manu needs to step up big time. Im sure Pop actually likes that he lost, so he can learn from mistakes and have a perfect game 3. Main thing is that LeBron is struggling. Even if you think he played good during the run, he was making open dunks/layups and shots. He simply wasn't his dominate-self. Duncan will bounce back next game, I fully expected a blowout win by Miami, I was just surprised Spurs were only down 2 points with 3:11 left. I also expect a blowout win for Spurs next game.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Ehh, someone mentioned that this series will be determined by turnovers - I completely agree. Miami lost game 1 because of costly turnovers at the fourth. Spurs lost game 2 because of costly turnovers throughout the entire game. Miami has been playing well offensively, Spurs haven't. Rebounding is pretty much even between game 1 and game 2.

Turnovers will definitely play a big role. Spurs were in it all game despite the turnovers, where the game got away was the last 3 minutes of the 3rd and the first couple minutes of the 4th. The worst possible times...

It's pretty simple, take care of the ball and you have a much better chance to win. We'll see who can do it more

zn23
06-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Too many turnovers, and nobody really played well on the Spurs.

kdspurman
06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
At the end of the day, Spurs are heading home with a 1-1 split. Miami's role players are not likely to play as well as they did in Miami. While Manu needs to step up big time. Im sure Pop actually likes that he lost, so he can learn from mistakes and have a perfect game 3. Main thing is that LeBron is struggling. Even if you think he played good during the run, he was making open dunks/layups and shots. He simply wasn't his dominate-self. Duncan will bounce back next game, I fully expected a blowout win by Miami, I was just surprised Spurs were only down 2 points with 3:11 left. I also expect a blowout win for Spurs next game.

Yea, I like that Pop now sees what Miami wanted to do on our screen & rolls, and I have no doubt he'll make the right adjustments. I could see them going to Duncan in the post more, and Splitter for that matter. There's a less likely chance of turning the ball over that way than on the pick and rolls

OceanSpray
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM

I wouldn't say James struggled. He's drawing so much attention and that allowed for Chalmers to have a strong game in game 2. In game 1, he wasn't really looking for a shot but merely trying to get his teammates involved because he understands that he can't do it alone. He's not playing like regular season LeBron, but if he can get his teammates open shots like he did in game 2, it's that much more threatening.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 11:24 PM
they didn't tank to get Tim Duncan? you serious about that?

When did I say Tim wasn't a HOFer? :confused:

Not by choice. That team was revolved entirely around the Admiral. Sean Elliot was there second leading scorer the year before and he missed 40 games along with Robinson missing all but 6. They also fired their coach and hired Pop mid season so that sort of shows you the plan wasn't to lose a ****load of games. Duncan was more luck than tankjob.

KniCks4LiFe
06-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Not by choice. That team was revolved entirely around the Admiral. Sean Elliot was there second leading scorer the year before and he missed 40 games along with Robinson missing all but 6. They also fired their coach and hired Pop mid season so that sort of shows you the plan wasn't to lose a ****load of games. Duncan was more luck than tankjob.

a foot injury that went from December to the end of the season, knowing Tim Duncan would be the #1 draft pick.

amos1er
06-09-2013, 11:44 PM
amos1er, what do you think about the results to this ESPN poll?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/358zcjn.jpg

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9340044/top-players-nba-finals

suggesting:

parker has the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, and 15th best players this series as a supporting cast
lebron has the 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th and 13th best players as a supporting cast

i don't necessarily agree with that, but the public seems to be suggesting that what you've been championing around all year, about how lebron has the best cast ever (which is a joke), might not eve be the best supporting cast this year.

Thats probly because the people who vote on these polls are Lebronites for the most part. They can't admit that Lebron has the most stacked team since Russell's Celtics because they want so very much for Lebron to become the "Chosen One" and having as much help as Lebron has hurts his legacy. To they just lie to themselves, no big deal. To them, the end justifies the means.

NYtilIdie
06-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Thats probly because the people who vote on these polls are Lebronites for the most part. They can't admit that Lebron has the most stacked team since Russell's Celtics because they want so very much for Lebron to become the "Chosen One" and having as much help as Lebron has hurts his legacy. To they just lie to themselves, no big deal. To them, the end justifies the means.

Yeah, okay guy.

MTL_123
06-09-2013, 11:57 PM

so much fail in this post. on a side note what are you smoking must be the strongest **** on this planet

amos1er
06-10-2013, 12:17 AM
so much fail in this post. on a side note what are you smoking must be the strongest **** on this planet

Can you actually explain how I'm wrong or are you just going to make lame stoner references.

amos1er
06-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Oh that was your attempt at humor. I get it now. :facepalm:

amos1er
06-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, okay guy.

Great comeback chief.

pacman16
06-10-2013, 12:55 AM
^^ LOL, people go from sayign bosh is too soft and over rated... wade is washed up and done and that allen hasn't been doing anything special ... all when they lose and have tough series vs chi and Indy BUT then when they have a great game like this... its back to the best team in league history and lebron needs the help

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:34 AM
i guess Gatorade should have had lebron in their block/dunk on commercial... well actually nvm that wouldnt work.. lebron would be the one blocking and dunking. ask splitter and terry.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:35 AM
bosh was SOLID TODAY. 12 and 10.

wade and bron- 12/30 gotta improve..

Mike Miller is just a boss. :cool:

sunsfan88
06-10-2013, 01:52 AM
I hope the Heat win the championship, LeBron gets his 2nd ring and then LeBron misses 20 games at the beginning of the regular season next year and the Heat get blown the ****** out during most of those games so that all these idiots can stop saying "LeBron has the most stacked team ever" and "LeBron only wins because he gets so much help".

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 01:57 AM
I hope the Heat win the championship, LeBron gets his 2nd ring and then LeBron misses 20 games at the beginning of the regular season next year and the Heat get blown the ****** out during most of those games so that all these idiots can stop saying "LeBron has the most stacked team ever" and "LeBron only wins because he gets so much help".

yes to the 1st, and no to the second :(

as for shutting up lebron haters/kobe fans.. not possibru bro.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-10-2013, 02:01 AM

the funny thing is youre too blind to see where youre wrong, and you think your points are valid.

since we are going to ignore production and go by names, lets talk about the amount of help kobe had with shaq, malone, payton and still couldnt win, lets also talk about gasol, howard, fisher..

oh man, kobe's supporting cast is the definition of "too much help"

see, works both ways..

anyways, come back with something logical and fact-based than maybe people wont call your posts dumb.

PS. dont you think its weird how the fans who openly hate lebron (and admitted it) say the dumbest most untrue things about him? :)

wake up bro.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Im about to get blasted for this, but was I the only one who thought(without having read any of the thread) that this game was obviously biased towards Miami? The refs didnt give ANY calls to the spurs, imo, and that young ref was completely favoring Miami. Just my two cents would like to know other(non-Miami fans) opinions, because I am obviously biased as well

ryang
06-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Amos is ray finkle. The rest questioning refs and Lebron needs help need as much help as finkle over here. Clowns.

sunsfan88
06-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Did anyone else notice that the ESPN NBA crew copied TNT Inside the NBA by having 3 black guys and 1 white guy?

FraziersKnicks
06-10-2013, 06:43 AM

Yet when people bring up the fact that Kobe was a 2nd option carried to 3 titles by one of the most dominant players ever in his prime you probably ignore that and claim it doesn't hurt his legacy? There is nothing that screams "legacy-destroying" than winning the majority of your NBA titles without Finals MVP. LeBron is carrying these teams to their success, Kobe was an extremely important part of the Lakers first 3 titles with him, but he was piggybacking on Shaq's dominance.

As a Kobephile you have absolutely zero case when bringing up this whole hurting someone's legacy.

koreancabbage
06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
i swear they just bring out Mike Miller for the NBA Finals lol

like he played sparingly last year as well until the Finals. He can only play one series in any playoffs I guess with that bad of a back lol

JC_
06-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Im about to get blasted for this, but was I the only one who thought(without having read any of the thread) that this game was obviously biased towards Miami? The refs didnt give ANY calls to the spurs, imo, and that young ref was completely favoring Miami. Just my two cents would like to know other(non-Miami fans) opinions, because I am obviously biased as well

In the first half they were definately getting favorable calls, the Spurs started getting some after the game was getting away from them though. First half felt like home court advantage which we haven't seen much of lately. I thought overall the refs were pretty good though. They weren't falling for player's flopping (Mainly Tony Parker) and they were letting them play.

ATX
06-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Amos1er: Where insecurity happens.

Witness

BigCityofDreams
06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Playing right into his hands lol

Slug3
06-10-2013, 09:28 AM

The fouls and FTs were pretty much even. A few plays went Miami's way with a Lebron not getting called for a foul and maybe a play or 2 as well. But these in no way had anything to do with the game. SA had like 16 TOs and Miami had 17 points off those. That's where it was won.

OceanSpray
06-10-2013, 12:39 PM
How was this game even biased? Both teams didn't get any calls and Spurs settled for more outside shots.

Wilson
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM
The fouls and FTs were pretty much even. A few plays went Miami's way with a Lebron not getting called for a foul and maybe a play or 2 as well. But these in no way had anything to do with the game. SA had like 16 TOs and Miami had 17 points off those. That's where it was won.

I have to agree with this. Both teams took quite a few whacks near the rim which didn't get called. The refs allowed for physical play, like some people (including me) ask for so often. There were one or two missed/bad calls but it was not weighted in one team's favour I don't think.

ColtsSpursTerps
06-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Why does gary neal get any pt!!?!?! Why!?!?!

Big Zo
06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Why does gary neal get any pt!!?!?! Why!?!?!

Because he has two first names.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-10-2013, 03:10 PM
In the first half they were definately getting favorable calls, the Spurs started getting some after the game was getting away from them though. First half felt like home court advantage which we haven't seen much of lately. I thought overall the refs were pretty good though. They weren't falling for player's flopping (Mainly Tony Parker) and they were letting them play.

Yea, I wrote some down(dont have time to rewatch the game) but the ones I saw missed imo were these. Splitter on the wrist, Neal on the wrist, leonard on the head, Duncan on the head, parker drive and no call 3 separate times, Wade travel, Haslem out off him, Wade carry, kick ball, phantom call on Manu to pick up his 3rd, charge for Green called block, clean block by Green called a foul, etc.

Miami fans will say the outcome was so large it wouldnt have mattered, but if these calls were made, the Spurs might have had about a 10 point lead at the time of "the run." Now as I said earlier, I am biased, but i was watching the game with a Heat fan, along with others, and they all seemed to see what I saw. People told me "Miami had more fouls called on them, it must have been fair." Although this is true, fouls do not have to be statistically proportional to each other lol, a team can foul on a given night much more than another team. Anyways, I definitely might be in the wrong but thats just my two cents

bucketss
06-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Yea, I wrote some down(dont have time to rewatch the game) but the ones I saw missed imo were these. Splitter on the wrist, Neal on the wrist, leonard on the head, Duncan on the head, parker drive and no call 3 separate times, Wade travel, Haslem out off him, Wade carry, kick ball, phantom call on Manu to pick up his 3rd, charge for Green called block, clean block by Green called a foul, etc.

Miami fans will say the outcome was so large it wouldnt have mattered, but if these calls were made, the Spurs might have had about a 10 point lead at the time of "the run." Now as I said earlier, I am biased, but i was watching the game with a Heat fan, along with others, and they all seemed to see what I saw. People told me "Miami had more fouls called on them, it must have been fair." Although this is true, fouls do not have to be statistically proportional to each other lol, a team can foul on a given night much more than another team. Anyways, I definitely might be in the wrong but thats just my two cents

if i got a pen and paper, and only watched out for missed calls against the heat, i could probably do exactly what you just did.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Agreed with the turnover part being a huge decider on the outcome, but I disagree with the common logic that since the fouls were even, it was a well refereed game. I think most people assume since the FT disparity was so close, that means the refs did their jobs lol. Not just talking about tonight, but in general I feel like that is a common misconception

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-10-2013, 03:16 PM
if i got a pen and paper, and only watched out for missed calls against the heat, i could probably do exactly what you just did.
Agreed, but from what I saw you wont find nearly as much for Miami to complain about. I was surprised because Crawford was actually anti-Miami lol

JC_
06-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Most of those calls/nocalls that you mentioned were completely fine and just give away the fact that you are biased lol. You can't just watch Parker drive and fall down and say "oh why wasn't there a foul called?" it's the same reason why the refs don't call fouls when Wade drives, they know he's going to fall down regardless of if the contact warrants it or not.

Having said that there were a few obvious calls in favor of the Heat in the first half, like that ball that went out off of Haslem. The refs let them play last night for the most part which made for pretty good basketball, much better than them blowing the whistle everytime Parker or Wade falls down or Ginobli bobbles the ball.

Ryan328
06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Just looking ahead to tomorrows game 3, I feel its a must win for the Spurs. Even though they are at home I am not sure that if they go down 2-1 to Miami that they could win the next 2 in a row.

OceanSpray
06-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Agreed with the turnover part being a huge decider on the outcome, but I disagree with the common logic that since the fouls were even, it was a well refereed game. I think most people assume since the FT disparity was so close, that means the refs did their jobs lol. Not just talking about tonight, but in general I feel like that is a common misconception

Uhm, Miami should be getting more free throws just because Wade/James are constantly driving.

kdspurman
06-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Uhm, Miami should be getting more free throws just because Wade/James are constantly driving.

Maybe in previous series, but they haven't been constantly driving this series. I think Wade might be more than Lebron at this point

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM

You see 0 Spurs fans in here complaining about reffing, hell Amos1er didn't even complain. That is enough for me to know reffing was not an issue.

Wilson
06-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Not going to be able to watch games three and four live :sad2:

ryang
06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Heat lose this thread breaks 100+ pages. Heat win and were at 46. Amoser is probably losing sleep and he probably can't keep food down. Lmao

SportsFanatic10
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Heat lose this thread breaks 100+ pages. Heat win and were at 46. Amoser is probably losing sleep and he probably can't keep food down. Lmao

hahaha so true.

i love when the heat reach that extra gear that only they have. gotta be ready for a big battle these next 3 on the road though.

LBJackpot
06-10-2013, 05:34 PM
You cant watch the game trying to look for bad calls that favor Miami while ignoring the other side. The fact that you would make a list and only include those calls means that you obviously were going to see the game biased in Miamis favor no matter what. And half of what you listed, you probably saw it that way because you wanted to see it that way from the get go. Next time you make a list please remember that 2 teams play against each other, not one.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Common misconception

ChitownBears22
06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Common misconception

Please show proof as to why.

Players that drive get fouled more often. Players that settle for jumpshots get fouled less. Teams that attack in theory get to the FT line more often..