PDA

View Full Version : If you were drafted...

Tmath
06-08-2013, 10:07 PM
What is the number one team you would NOT want to be drafted by.

My choice. Milwaukee.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Lakers.

But I would wear a Lakers hat for sure.

bucketss
06-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Lakers.

TestedWest
06-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Pistons or Cavaliers

ManRam
phoenix. not a fan of the desert.

detroit, because it's detroit

there are teams i dislike more, but if i'm doing this for my career i'm sure i could get over that real quick. those team tend to be better organizations, and playing for them would be great. playing for the lakers, for example, would be great.

setman2000
Toronto, who'd want to live in Canada?

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 10:14 PM

fishing and hunting galore. Hell yes.

Hellcrooner
06-08-2013, 10:15 PM
ufff.......1999 Draft.....i guess i wouldnt have liked Raptors or Grizz to draft me.

king4day
06-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I'd want to be part of the rebuilding teams. Bucks, Magic, Suns, Bobcats, etc. You will get minutes and a chance to develop.

If we're talking about location specific, I can understand not wanting to live in places like Phoenix or Minnesota due to the weather conditions.

For an earlier post of not wanting to play for Milwaukee, I'd ask 'why'?. If it's because they aren't good, then that's the primary reason you would WANT to play for them.

Tmath
06-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Masai Ujiri :p

king4day
06-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Imagine being able to say 'YOU' were the one who brought a mediocre franchise to greatness.

Gators123
06-08-2013, 10:22 PM

there are teams i dislike more, but if i'm doing this for my career i'm sure i could get over that real quick. those team tend to be better organizations, and playing for them would be great. playing for the lakers, for example, would be great.

The Pistons play in Auburn Hills though. About 30+ miles away from Detroit.

I don't understand why people think Detroit is the only city in Michigan lol

Phenomenonsense
06-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Imagine being able to say 'YOU' were the one who brought a mediocre franchise to greatness.

But that implies Toronto is capable of going from mediocrity to greatness. I'd sooner expect the Lions to shrug off 50 years of pure ****.

NBA_Starter
06-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Pistons

setman2000
masai ujiri :p

zing!

ChitownBears22
If I was drafted by the Hornets I would force the team to trade me the LA

Tmath
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Detroit fans are going to be biased against Toronto, because they all hate me. :laugh2:

NBA_Starter
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
If I was drafted by the Hornets I would force the team to trade me the LA

Sounds familiar :sigh:

LongWayFromHome
06-08-2013, 10:32 PM

and weed

Gators123
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Detroit fans are going to be biased against Toronto, because they all hate me. :laugh2:

Actually, I'm going with Cleveland.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 10:35 PM
and weed

Damn NBA not allowing it. Truth be told, I would collect my guranteed money and Royce White it. I can live off of 2-3 million and attend mental health conferences as a special guest for anxiety for the rest of my life.

jon32
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Team id wanna be drafted to if i was a superstar .... Toronto.....be a hero in a big city that has a whole country behind it ( once im drafted to it ) .

Team id least wanna get drafted to would be a southern team.....I hate hot weather.

tredigs
06-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Might have something to do with their name being Detroit Pistons? I figured Auburn Hills was just a section of the city. Good to know.

Pretty sure Toronto would be amazing to live in. I've been there, and it was one of the coolest cities I've visited.

I would not want to live in Cleveland. Don't think I'd be huge on Indianapolis or Milwaukee either, but who knows. And Utah would probably have me evicted within the month if I lived there.

Portland would be dope, so would the Warriors, especially after the SF move. Ideally I'd get drafted to a San Diego expansion team though.

Tmath
06-08-2013, 10:45 PM
^ Yeah, I forgot about Utah. That would probably number 2 on my list.

Aust
06-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Trailblazers. I wouldn't want their medical staff ruining my career.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2013, 10:53 PM
In terms of actual location, probably somewhere really hot for a majority of the year but doesn't have a beach/cool air.

RLundi
06-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Toronto.

No offense.

bucketss
06-08-2013, 11:02 PM

they still can't get over the fact val > drummond;)

Chitownhero1992
06-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I can't narrow the list to 1 but I have 3 teams: Lakers, Knicks or Heat.

Lakers and Knicks because fans look for stardom from all of their players and it would be way too much pressure as a young player and I wouldn't want to be playing in that kind of atmosphere.

Heat because I would actually want to play and get minutes and well on the Heat you don't really play unless your name is LeBron...lol besides that I wouldn't want my name ever associated with Pat Riley, Lebron James, or Dwayne Wade.

ManRam
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM

i've stayed in auburn hills numerous times in my life...my dad used to do business there. i like living in cities though, not suburbs. and if i'm in a suburb i'd rather be in a suburb outside a really nice city.

i have family in lansing and a ton in grand rapids. i have no beefs with michigan. i just would rather play elsewhere ;)

rocket
06-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Bucks

WITZ
06-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Pistons

Jint.
06-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Sixers.. Hate dem 76ers

Laidback_Scrapp
06-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Im surprised the Bobcats aren't unanimous. And would be either them or the pelicans. Who the hell would want to be a pelican?

Aust
06-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Im surprised the Bobcats aren't unanimous. And would be either them or the pelicans. Who the hell would want to be a pelican?

Well, bad team = more of an opportunity for PT = development of a young player

Laidback_Scrapp
06-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Well, bad team = more of an opportunity for PT = development of a young player

True but its gunna be pretty difficult to develop into a professional elite ball player w.o anyone on my team to look up to. Would be more likely a chucker than anything else

--23--
06-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Teams I wouldn't want to be drafted by... Bobcats, Pelicans and Hawks, I don't really like these states too southern for me.

I would want to be drafted by either LA or California team, Bulls & Knicks

Hey Phoenix is not that bad it's a beautiful city, the worst times out there weather wise is around July/August other than that it's great.

Jumba
06-09-2013, 12:11 AM
It warms my heart that no one has said Utah.

ThunderousDemon
06-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Utah :D

FOBolous
06-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Detroit Pistons. who, if given a choice, would want to live in that hell hole?

Chrisclover
06-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Grizzy is becoming a contender. bright future.maybe you can be a prolific SG there?:D

ufff.......1999 Draft.....i guess i wouldnt have liked Raptors or Grizz to draft me.

NYKNYGNYY
06-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I'd wear 23 my fav number born on the 23 def wouldn't wanna be drafters to the bobcats or celtics , obv I'd wanna be drafted by the knicks but i would love to be drafted by the heat as much as i hate em get to play along James would be amazing also would like to play for spurs

JLynn943
06-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Lakers and the Pistons. I mean, either is better than nothing, but given the choice, I'd avoid both.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-09-2013, 01:31 AM
True but its gunna be pretty difficult to develop into a professional elite ball player w.o anyone on my team to look up to. Would be more likely a chucker than anything else

Players do it all the time. You don't need an elite player to look up to. You need veterans and coaches who can teach you the ins and outs to pair with your youth and takent.

CubsBullsBucs
06-09-2013, 01:43 AM
honestly... OKC.

what the frick does one do in Oklahoma? especially now since its devastated by the tornadoes. no thanks.

Master Mind
06-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Well ppl say Cleveland is the armpit of America :shrug:

ThunderousDemon
06-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Well ppl say Cleveland is the armpit of America :shrug:

Nuh-uh.

[SPOILER TAG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[/SPOILER TAG]

Master Mind
06-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Nuh-uh.

[SPOILER TAG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[/SPOILER TAG]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SportsFanatic10
06-09-2013, 02:47 AM
as long as the team's situation allowed for decent minutes and a chance to improve and expand my role i'd be very happy. as far as being picky about a franchise/location i'd probably say phoenix, not crazy about the desert. charlotte's another one, mainly because of how poorly the franchise is currently being ran.

setman2000
06-09-2013, 02:58 AM

and weed

You just described Denver! Like I said, who'd want to move to Canada?

SportsFanatic10
06-09-2013, 03:02 AM

i'd have no problem living in vancouver, been there and thought it was a great city. outside of that though not crazy about the idea lol.

Kyben36
06-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Charlote,

Arch Stanton
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Miami, because they have crappy fans.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I'd want to be part of the rebuilding teams. Bucks, Magic, Suns, Bobcats, etc. You will get minutes and a chance to develop.

If we're talking about location specific, I can understand not wanting to live in places like Phoenix or Minnesota due to the weather conditions.

For an earlier post of not wanting to play for Milwaukee, I'd ask 'why'?. If it's because they aren't good, then that's the primary reason you would WANT to play for them.

in its defense, Minnesota is built for the winter with its skyways, garage parking, etc. And I would rather be sitting in sunny, 0 degree weather, versus 32 and wet like it is on the east coast much of the winter.

On the flip side, while Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Phoenix, Miami, etc, are 105 degrees in the summer, Minnesota is freaking beautiful.

Now that I defended my home territory, my answer is the Lakers. I can't stand that team, I would prefer never to play for them.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Might have something to do with their name being Detroit Pistons? I figured Auburn Hills was just a section of the city. Good to know.

Pretty sure Toronto would be amazing to live in. I've been there, and it was one of the coolest cities I've visited.

I would not want to live in Cleveland. Don't think I'd be huge on Indianapolis or Milwaukee either, but who knows. And Utah would probably have me evicted within the month if I lived there.

Portland would be dope, so would the Warriors, especially after the SF move. Ideally I'd get drafted to a San Diego expansion team though.

my best friends brother used to work for Fox Sports in Milwaukee for the Brewers. Said Milwaukee is really cool

abe_froman
06-09-2013, 02:22 PM
utah or indy-they're pretty small (for an nba cities),they seem like very sleepy towns out in the middle of nowhere.good teams,just i'd probably go crazy if i had to live there

bucketss
06-09-2013, 02:26 PM

we'll let masai know you miss him.

abe_froman
06-09-2013, 02:27 PM

the thing bout mil is thats pretty close to chicago,so if our going by city size/diversity,you could always just commute

JasonJohnHorn
06-09-2013, 02:36 PM

Me.

Who'd want to live in the US? I think you'd have to live in Canada for a while to appreciate it. There are few homicides for one, better health care, and it is more progressive socially.

JasonJohnHorn
06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
There isn't a team in the league I wouldn't love to play for.

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 02:37 PM
I would def want to be drafted by the raptors. look at how derozan who is an average player got 20+ minutes per game as a starter in his rookie season.

Toronto is also where mediocre players make a name for them selves. Mike James averaged 21 ppg here :laugh:

I would not want to be drafted by the twolves. Not because of the city or anything but that franchise to me has the worst luck in the nba..

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 02:39 PM
There isn't a team in the league I wouldn't love to play for.

Ya but pretend you we're actually really really good and had options :p

b@llhog24
06-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm from the Caribbean, so PHX and all the other hot places wouldn't really bother me that much. I hate cold though, so **** Minnesota.

tredigs
06-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Alright you guys sold me. I'm taking my talents to Wisconsin!

goingfor28
06-09-2013, 03:01 PM
no thanks to lakers and heat, cant stand either team.

i would wanna be drafted tho
prolly someone like the wolves. got a star in Love, promising PG in rubio, a solid pick this year, legit shot at playoffs next season and will only continue to improve.
only downside would be the crappy winters.

I Rock Shaqs
06-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I'd hate to drafted by Chicago lol, I'd be in fear of my life.

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd hate to drafted by Chicago lol, I'd be in fear of my life.

Lol why :confused:

MTL_123
06-09-2013, 03:40 PM
lakers never would want to wear the purple and gold:puke:

MTL_123
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Lol why :confused:

Chicago is one of the most dangerous places to live but it has gotten alot safer now tho

SlimKid
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
For me, the Knicks. Not because New York isn't a cool city or because I don't like the Knicks. The overrated expectations is what would bother me. The media there is obnoxious and nit-picks absolutely everything.

SlimKid
06-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Weather seems like a non-factor in choosing a team. With the amount of traveling players do and the freedom to live wherever you want in the off-season, I wouldn't care if the city is freezing or hot as hell.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm from the Caribbean, so PHX and all the other hot places wouldn't really bother me that much. I hate cold though, so **** Minnesota.

Why throw JUST my town under the bus haha? Include Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Toronto, etc...

topdog
06-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Probably Bobcats. On the one hand, you would most likely have the opportunity for minutes and have nowhere to go but up, but being drafted assumes you are a player who could potentially earn minutes elsewhere and I think that the 'Cats organization is a bit of a mess right now - what's it like 5 coaches in 4 years?

I can also see not wanting to be a part of the Bucks because of 1) Jennings/Ellis ballhogging all my shots and 2) being part of a mid-pack team that can't seem to decide between big moves and re-building.

jerellh528
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
I would hate to be drafted to San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas because I hate everything about the state of Texas.

RLundi
06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
in its defense, Minnesota is built for the winter with its skyways, garage parking, etc. And I would rather be sitting in sunny, 0 degree weather, versus 32 and wet like it is on the east coast much of the winter.

On the flip side, while Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Phoenix, Miami, etc, are 105 degrees in the summer, Minnesota is freaking beautiful.

Now that I defended my home territory, my answer is the Lakers. I can't stand that team, I would prefer never to play for them.

It rarely ever gets above 100 in Florida (though the heat index is probably worse). Florida is sunny and beautiful 9 months out of the year-- July-September can get brutal.

RLundi
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Me.

Who'd want to live in the US? I think you'd have to live in Canada for a while to appreciate it. There are few homicides for one, better health care, and it is more progressive socially.

About 350 million ;)

tredigs
06-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Me.

Well, from everything I've seen the healthcare's not better, it's just cheaper and more widespread. Along with the murder rate, I suppose if you're living in the ghetto and also don't have decent health care Canada is the better option for you.

But personally, I'd take California alone over Canada. The variety of people/climates/cultures/cities/nature that are all within a days drive is too much to pass up.

I'd still love to live in Toronto for a year though. Canada or New York would be a good toss up.

Minimal
06-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Detroit or Cleveland for obvious reasons

Mcdoh
06-09-2013, 10:09 PM
i don't want elite teams to draft me.. i want to play against the best players..

ManningToTyree
06-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Cleveland

king4day
06-10-2013, 12:35 AM

I personally prefer the cold myself (having grown up in NY). If I had to pick between Phoenix and Minny, fandom aside, I'd choose Minny. Phoenix is gross in the summer (but their winters are incredible).

NYKalltheway
06-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Heat or Bulls. Though I'd love to live in Chicago :)

DreamShaker
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Honestly if I wanted to get in the NBA, I wouldnt turn my nose at any team.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
It rarely ever gets above 100 in Florida (though the heat index is probably worse). Florida is sunny and beautiful 9 months out of the year-- July-September can get brutal.

same in Texas, but those months are as brutal as a winter in Minneapolis, just the other extreme. Been to Florida around 200 times dude, know the weather well. And I actually think your winters are way nicer than Texas winters.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 01:08 PM
I personally prefer the cold myself (having grown up in NY). If I had to pick between Phoenix and Minny, fandom aside, I'd choose Minny. Phoenix is gross in the summer (but their winters are incredible).

I do understand that many players are only concerned about the weather during the season, because they all live somewhere else (or many of them), so Minnesota would suck if you are ONLY there Sept-May.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Well, from everything I've seen the healthcare's not better, it's just cheaper and more widespread. Along with the murder rate, I suppose if you're living in the ghetto and also don't have decent health care Canada is the better option for you.

But personally, I'd take California alone over Canada. The variety of people/climates/cultures/cities/nature that are all within a days drive is too much to pass up.

I'd still love to live in Toronto for a year though. Canada or New York would be a good toss up.

my good friend lived in Toronto for years, his wife is from there. Loved it, but said it was just ridiculous expensive for anything.

archdevil84
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
any team with good shooting guards/small forwards, because thats my size and postion if i would play basketball

JWO35
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Raptors or Bobcats