PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson Spotted Wearing a Raptors Hat

TorontoHuskies
06-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Rough week for Denver first Ujiri, then Karl and now their star PG is wearing Raptors hats in public..

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog/2013/06/08/ty-lawson-reps-raptors-at-denver-concert/

lamzoka
06-08-2013, 09:12 PM
he probably just matching his sneakers. some people wear hats to support their teams and some people wear it just to match their cloths and sneakers. NO BIG DEAL.

spreadeagle
06-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Hope they dont change our logo and name, Raps gear is fresh lookin, a lil odd hes wearing it, no biggie tho, maybe a shoutout to Masai

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:13 PM
was there a signed 5 year contract stapled to the hat? How is this news?

GiantsSwaGG
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Jay z attends Knicks games, so ****ing what :facepalm:

sep11ie
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I wore a Pirates hat Thursday, a White Sox hat Friday and a Steelers hat tonight.

I Rock Shaqs
Damn Lawson for Lowry & Ross & 2014 pick lets go!

RipCity32
Wow you don't just run around wearing another teams stuff like that.He obviously making a statement about something.Could be good news for Toronto down the road lol.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I wore a Pirates hat Thursday, a White Sox hat Friday and a Steelers hat tonight.

which team are you signing with?

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Wow you don't just run around wearing another teams stuff like that.He obviously making a statement about something.Could be good news for Toronto down the road lol.

Why? It is a hat. During the offseason.

RipCity32
06-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Why? It is a hat. During the offseason.

Because he is under contract for another team in the same league and not just a fan like you.Obviously it's not against the law or anything but I highly doubt the Nuggets organization think of it as just a hat.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Because he is under contract for another team in the same league and not just a fan like you.

I work for a company and wear my old employers shirt all the time. No one says crap even though they fight over the same market share. Want to know why, because in the end it doesn't matter.

RipCity32
06-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I work for a company and wear my old employers shirt all the time. No one says crap even though they fight over the same market share. Want to know why, because in the end it doesn't matter.

I doubt your company looks at you as a marketing piece like the nuggets think of Lawson.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I doubt your company looks at you as a marketing piece like the nuggets think of Lawson.

Did he do a photoshoot with a raptors hat on. Or was it in his personal time, during the offseason? And it is Ty Lawson, he isn't that big of a marketing pull anyway.

Sly Guy
06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
lol, means nothing, but that's better than anything the raps got going for them right now, so I'll take it!

PacersForLife
06-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure Kevin Durant wore a Bulls hat once. Heck, Russel Westbrook is wearing a shirt that says Chicago on it in a commercial. It's not the first time it's happened. I do think it is weird that you would wear another team's hat and stuff though.

TorontoHuskies
06-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure Kevin Durant wore a Bulls hat once. Heck, Russel Westbrook is wearing a shirt that says Chicago on it in a commercial. It's not the first time it's happened. I do think it is weird that you would wear another team's hat and stuff though.

It's a different situation considering the events that have happened recently (Ujiri leaving for Toronto). Also, people can get away with wearing a bulls hat because everyone knows they're just wearing it out of respect for Jordan. It's just a weird choice I'm from Toronto and I wouldn't be caught dead putting that ugly *** purple dinosaur on my head.

Tmath
06-08-2013, 09:46 PM
It's a different situation considering the events that have happened recently (Ujiri leaving for Toronto). Also, people can get away with wearing a bulls hat because everyone knows they're just wearing it out of respect for Jordan. It's just a weird choice I'm from Toronto and I wouldn't be caught dead putting that ugly *** purple dinosaur on my head.

The dinosaur is red... and I thought I was colour blind...

jon32
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Meh, NBA players seem to always wear diff teams hats n stuff. Alot seem to wear the old Raptors stuff tho...dunno why haha.
As much as I think it's notthing but him just goin to his hat rack and chuckin on the one that matches his clothes I still dont think an NBA player of team x should wear anything of another teams stuff.

NBA_Starter
06-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't see any big deal these days, I used to wear a Yankees hat and didn't even like them.

king4day
06-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's wearing the hat in support of his departed GM.

LAKobeBryant
06-08-2013, 10:25 PM

but you don't play in any sports league

TorontoHuskies
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
The dinosaur is red... and I thought I was colour blind...

Red or not...everytime I look at that logo I just see that purple singing dinosaur that all the kids used to like.

jon32
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't see any big deal these days, I used to wear a Yankees hat and didn't even like them.

little diff situation tho.....u werent being paid millions by another team to represent them

TorontoHuskies
06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't care what sports team you cheer for if you see one of your players wearing another teams merchandise that should piss you off.... especially when it's in the same league.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
little diff situation tho.....u werent being paid millions by another team to represent them

To be honest if a team really cared they would put it in their contracts.

LayBraun
06-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I think it's funny how everyone is acting like this doesn't at least hint something.. I mean two different kind of raptor hats? Plus he is wearing a hat of another NBA team. You just don't do that. It's one thing if multiple hats of different professional sports.

jon32
06-08-2013, 10:56 PM
To be honest if a team really cared they would put it in their contracts.

That's very true and I honestly dont see why they don't do it ?? I wonder if the NBA is set up diff cuz ive never seen n NFL , NHL or MLB player repping other teams gear like NBA players do.

Aust
06-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Man, that team looked so promising.

CarlosJ23
06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm a Nuggets fan and I have no problem with it, it's just a hat to match his clothes, everyone does it including me. No big deal, not like he is going to the raptors anyway, he's secured for 4 more years.

Crackadalic
06-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Wish the finals was everyday cause this is the **** the worries people. Lebron wore a Yankee fitted at a Cleveland game and sign with Miami. What's next Boston players can **** laker girls :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Means nothing. People wear hats to match their colours over actually liking the team.

I see guys wearing hockey team hats when they don't know **** about hockey.

TorontoHuskies
06-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Means nothing. People wear hats to match their colours over actually liking the team.

I see guys wearing hockey team hats when they don't know **** about hockey.

first thing he wore 2 different Raptors hats....2nd thing how does a red hat match a white tea and grey sweat pants (I can't see his shoes but it doesn't look like it matches anything)?

Sly Guy
06-09-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm a Nuggets fan and I have no problem with it, it's just a hat to match his clothes, everyone does it including me. No big deal, not like he is going to the raptors anyway, he's secured for 4 more years.

This is the response right here. I'd love Lawson on my raps, but he's locked up for a long time and has 0 control over where he goes. So there's a whole lot of nothing going on in this thread.

ChitownSports16
06-09-2013, 12:20 AM

No one cares about you. :)

But seriously who cares???? He prob owns a hat for every team...

sunsfan88
06-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Because he is under contract for another team in the same league and not just a fan like you.Obviously it's not against the law or anything but I highly doubt the Nuggets organization think of it as just a hat.

Its the Raptors. The Nuggets organization would probably laugh if Lawson left Denver for Toronto.

bucketss
06-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Its the Raptors. The Nuggets organization would probably laugh if Lawson left Denver for Toronto.

like they laughed when masai left denver for toronto?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-09-2013, 12:49 AM
first thing he wore 2 different Raptors hats....2nd thing how does a red hat match a white tea and grey sweat pants (I can't see his shoes but it doesn't look like it matches anything)?

Well grey and white are more neutral colours. If he had shoes matching, that'd probably work. I see people wear white shirts, black pants and have their fitteds matching their shoes.

Even then, who cares? He wore a hat. He's locked up for like 5 years and he's not going anywhere unless he's traded. And I doubt he demands a trade here.

2 simple answers are: he's wearing to match his outfit/shoes, or he's supporting his GM.

Trueblue2
06-09-2013, 12:54 AM
That's very true and I honestly dont see why they don't do it ?? I wonder if the NBA is set up diff cuz ive never seen n NFL , NHL or MLB player repping other teams gear like NBA players do.

Some dude the chargers drafted this year wore a raiders hat and caught **** for it.

jon32
06-09-2013, 01:08 AM

sais the suns fan lol

sunsfan88
06-09-2013, 01:08 AM
like they laughed when masai left denver for toronto?

He left Denver for money. Lawson's under contract for very long time. And even after that contract, Denver would likely pay Lawson how much ever the Raptors or any other team would give him.

sunsfan88
06-09-2013, 01:10 AM
sais the suns fan lol
*says

And I don't care, I know Lawson would never leave the Nuggets to come to the Suns. Just like I know he would never leave the Nuggets to come to the Raptors.

That said, the Suns are in a better position for the future than Toronto is...just thought I should throw that out there.

BALLER R
06-09-2013, 01:14 AM
or Raptor gear is just so fresh. Raptor fitted and even blue jay fitteds are some of the best ones out there.

BALLER R
06-09-2013, 01:15 AM
*says

And I don't care, I know Lawson would never leave the Nuggets to come to the Suns. Just like I know he would never leave the Nuggets to come to the Raptors.

That said, the Suns are in a better position for the future than Toronto is...just thought I should throw that out there.

No I don't know about that

sunsfan88
06-09-2013, 01:31 AM
No I don't know about that
Suns:
Goran Dragic
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
Cap Space to sign almost 2 max contracts in summer of 2014
6 1st round picks this year & the next two years

Raptors:

DeRozan
Valacinas
Bright GM
Overpaid contracts of Gay, Fields and Baragnani

IMO, the Suns have the edge. Then again, I could be biased.

NYKNYGNYY
06-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Prob just to look fresh , he's an elite pg theres no way he'd go to the worst market first of all n second of all Denver would never trade him unless it was a package for cp3

FriedTofuz
06-09-2013, 03:45 AM
Prob just to look fresh , he's an elite pg theres no way he'd go to the worst market first of all n second of all Denver would never trade him unless it was a package for cp3

You're extremely uneducated if you think Toronto is " the worst market" Toronto is a top market in many professional sports ( Leafs and raptors)

NYKNYGNYY
06-09-2013, 04:26 AM
You're extremely uneducated if you think Toronto is " the worst market" Toronto is a top market in many professional sports ( Leafs and raptors)

No doubt about it for NHL its a great market but not NBA how many players really choose to go to Toronto ? Great city but not for nba i couldn't see him going there ever unless they offered an absurd amount of money , not dissing Toronto at all just saying its not a great market for nba IMO

NYKNYGNYY
06-09-2013, 04:28 AM
And don't call me uneducated i have a bachelors degree

gwrighter
06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
No doubt about it for NHL its a great market but not NBA how many players really choose to go to Toronto ? Great city but not for nba i couldn't see him going there ever unless they offered an absurd amount of money , not dissing Toronto at all just saying its not a great market for nba IMO

T.O. has more fans than all but like 4 or 5 teams in the entire league. We also have some of the riches owners in the league that are willing to spend. Our owners generate about 35 billion in revenue every year in other business affairs. Even if you are educated, I don't think you know a lot about the T.O. market. Matter of fact, you sound xenophobic.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Not really a good choice by Lawson IMO. If I was a professional athlete I'd probably be a little ticked off at a teammate wearing another team's hat. Doesn't mean anything though and it won't matter at all.

sep11ie
06-09-2013, 12:24 PM
which team are you signing with?

All of them, so I continue to justify wearing all 3 hats...

dee279
06-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Its no biggie. I am on the Orlando Magic and i wear all Miami Heat gear on the blacktop. My GM never thinks anything of it when i go in his room to talk to him wearing all Miami Heat gear. If they dont care that i wear other gear and im a 99 overall, no one should care about Ty Lawson. He is only like 85 overall or something.

ACanadian
06-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Don't forget that period jr.

2-ONE-5
06-09-2013, 01:00 PM
layers do this all the time. Plaxico Buress was seen wearing a Phillies hat leaving prison and Howard was wearing a Sixers hat last year at some point

Utd7
06-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Doesn't mean anything most people wear hats because they look good that's all.

D-Leethal
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM

I'm calling bull ****.

deaner
06-09-2013, 02:05 PM

And how long did you have Melo secured for?

deaner
06-09-2013, 02:09 PM
He left Denver for money. Lawson's under contract for very long time. And even after that contract, Denver would likely pay Lawson how much ever the Raptors or any other team would give him.

Not true. Masai told Josh not to match because his mind was already made up. Masai wanted Toronto money aside.

deaner
06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Suns:
Goran Dragic
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley

Raptors:

DeRozan
Valacinas
Bright GM

I don't think you are aware with what's going on in Toronto. New ownership ready to spend whatever it takes, CEO Lieweke, president GM Masai, soon to be wetman, and a bunch more top notch guys. State of the art practice facility plans, arena reno, all star game push... Lieweke alone should make people stand up and take notice.

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Toronto is obviously not as large of a market as New York is but is still considered one of the larger markets in the league.

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Suns:
Goran Dragic
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley

Raptors:

DeRozan
Valacinas
Bright GM

that comparison would be better if you weren't missing a few of toronto's players there

More like

Lowry,
Derozan
Ross
Jonas
Gay

Your right about the dead weight contracts though... Hoping ujiri can move bargnani and fields contracts ASAP.. Gluck to him lol

Jagged QT
06-09-2013, 02:58 PM
You cats speculate on anything.

dude probably got a ton of caps and just happened to rock that one that day.

Nothing to see here.

deaner
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/8954080-ty-lawson-is-sad-to-see-masai-ujiri-leave-for-the-raptors/

This would lead me to think it more than just looking good.

smith&wesson
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I wonder what it would take to get Iggy and Lawson in Toronto

K.I.N.G.
06-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Who gives a *****. Worst case scenario, he gets traded to another team with the same contract. Besides, I'm sure nowhere in the contract he signed does it say he cannot wear fan gear of another organization because he obviously wouldn't be doing it that were the case.

Jagged QT
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/8954080-ty-lawson-is-sad-to-see-masai-ujiri-leave-for-the-raptors/

This would lead me to think it more than just looking good.
6 seconds of discussion, got you sold?

Ty is being a professional in the video, even stated karl couldn't have done better in the series and we all know thats a lie.

ChitownBears22
06-09-2013, 05:24 PM

I know a ton of uneducated people with Bachelors degrees. My workplace is full of them. We like them because most don't come with experience and their is no real job market for that. We can pay them next to nothing.

MrfadeawayJB
06-09-2013, 07:20 PM
oh my gawd!!!! it looks like he will be traded to the raptors for bargnani :confused: :laugh:

deaner
06-10-2013, 12:02 AM
6 seconds of discussion, got you sold?

Ty is being a professional in the video, even stated karl couldn't have done better in the series and we all know thats a lie.

Sold on what?

Yes I believe he's wearing it support his close freind.

I'm not saying there's a Lowry for Lawson trade coming

Ezekial
06-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Holy **** he wore ****ing hat.

texanmonstra011
06-10-2013, 02:15 AM

yeah but you're a nobody and irrelevant, so it doesn't matter what u wear

IgglesFanInCO
06-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Rough week for Denver first Ujiri, then Karl and now their star PG is wearing Raptors hats in public..

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog/2013/06/08/ty-lawson-reps-raptors-at-denver-concert/

:laugh: ya cause all us nuggets fans are so beat up about losing the most overrated coach in the game :rolleyes:

oh and the hat means nothing, its a fashion statement or a shoutout to Ujiri, it means nothing

Mcdoh
06-10-2013, 03:06 AM
he's just a raptor fan..

deaner
06-10-2013, 09:26 AM
The Sacramento Kings have received permission from the Denver Nuggets to interview Pete D'Alessandro for their general manager vacancy.

D'Alessandro is currently the Nuggets' VP of basketball operations and was previously with the Golden State Warriors.

If D'Alessandro is hired by the Kings, there is a good chance Bobby Marks of the Brooklyn Nets would join him.
-----------------------

Add Pete to the list of exodus. There is something very bad going on in Denver.

allSUAVE
06-10-2013, 10:08 AM

exactly I do the same thing...id see noting wrong with that

joeboow90
06-10-2013, 10:45 AM
A lot of people take this too literal. I wear hats of other teams all the time and some people assume that I'm a fan of that team just cause I'm wearing that hat I just think it looks good

macc
06-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Who.Cares.What.Hat.He.Wears. thread/

kylem4711
06-10-2013, 11:32 AM

a bachelors is the new high school diploma

kylem4711
06-10-2013, 11:33 AM
he was actually spotted wearing a clippers hat too. google it.

isn't a big deal to me.

c.c.
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Just giving Masai a shot out

Heediot
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
he probably just matching his sneakers. some people wear hats to support their teams and some people wear it just to match their cloths and sneakers. NO BIG DEAL.

Why not rock the Colorado Rockies colours? Similar to the raps and are an in city team that would cause less controversy.

Heediot
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Damn Lawson for Lowry & Ross & 2014 pick lets go!

Lowery and derozan for Lawson and filler. Keep Ross as he complements gay better.

I Rock Shaqs
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Lowery and derozan for Lawson and filler. Keep Ross as he complements gay better.

Tired of hearing that same ******** all the time not even going to give you a reason why you're wrong.

Heediot
06-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Tired of hearing that same ******** all the time not even going to give you a reason why you're wrong.
U seem to.convinced of your rightness. I'm not going to say I'm right but all championship teams have good. Spacing.

Edit - just look at Miami for example and how they turned bosh more into a stretch big. Gs. Is doing better with mire shooters as well.

Will1ju
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Not a big deal athletes do it all the time. I saw Evan Turner over the summer repping a Charlotte hornets hat. Unless he is planning his own version of the BIG 3. This sounds like trouble now that i think about it LMAO

colinskik
06-11-2013, 11:25 AM
A lot of people take this too literal. I wear hats of other teams all the time and some people assume that I'm a fan of that team just cause I'm wearing that hat I just think it looks good

That’s a great story, but nobody gives two shiits what you wear.

I understand wearing your fitted to match your outfit, but you’re telling me Ty couldn’t find ANY other hat that matched?

I think most of these guys are too young and naïve to understand you shouldn’t be wearing the merchandise of a rival team. It’s just something any adult with common sense wouldn’t do.

colinskik
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Not a big deal athletes do it all the time. I saw Evan Turner over the summer repping a Charlotte hornets hat. Unless he is planning his own version of the BIG 3. This sounds like trouble now that i think about it LMAO

Last year the Hornets were a throwback team, so that’s a different story. If he’s wearing a Bobcats hat, then you have to scratch your head.

ichitownclowni
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Means nothing. Hat to match the kicks.

deaner
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
That’s a great story, but nobody gives two shiits what you wear.

I understand wearing your fitted to match your outfit, but you’re telling me Ty couldn’t find ANY other hat that matched?

I think most of these guys are too young and naïve to understand you shouldn’t be wearing the merchandise of a rival team. It’s just something any adult with common sense wouldn’t do.

You are suggesting they are too naive? They compete against those teams. Lawson talks to Masai every day. He knows what went on and why Masai went to Toronto. Someone in this discussion is naive..

TorontoHuskies
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Celebrities have been fired from their Coke/Pepsi deals for being caught drinking another brand in public. To me that way less harmful than wearing another team's hat, but it happened.

Pfeifer
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I worked for a pro team and its kind of an unwritten rule not to. I was told by my superior not to wear any other teams gear. It is kind of a slap to a team that gives you free gear when your paying not to wear your teams stuff. I don't see David Ortiz wearing a Yankees hat. I don't see Aaron Rogers wearing a Seahwaks hat. It's disrespectful in a public setting where you are representing your team 24 hrs a day, to wear another teams hat. It sucks for them but this is the petty reality of being a pro athlete.

colinskik
06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
You are suggesting they are too naive? They compete against those teams. Lawson talks to Masai every day. He knows what went on and why Masai went to Toronto. Someone in this discussion is naive..

Yes, that’s exactly what I was suggesting. Why was that so hard for you to comprehend? Reading comprehension problem?

So let me get this straight. You think that Ty was wearing the TOR hat as a show of solidarity for his “friend” Masai? He was so upset with the way Denver treated Masai that he’s going around wearing Raps gear? That’s more than just naiveté, that’s pure child’s play, and a direct slap in the face to the franchise that pays you, and pays you such a ludicrous sum of money that you’ve lost touch with reality.

So to sum up, yes, I think at least 85% of NBA players are naïve and have no common sense when it comes to real world social interactions.

deaner
06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes, that’s exactly what I was suggesting. Why was that so hard for you to comprehend? Reading comprehension problem?

So let me get this straight. You think that Ty was wearing the TOR hat as a show of solidarity for his “friend” Masai? He was so upset with the way Denver treated Masai that he’s going around wearing Raps gear? That’s more than just naiveté, that’s pure child’s play, and a direct slap in the face to the franchise that pays you, and pays you such a ludicrous sum of money that you’ve lost touch with reality.

So to sum up, yes, I think at least 85% of NBA players are naïve and have no common sense when it comes to real world social interactions.

I'll spell it out for you. I think you are being neive for assuming Lawson doesn't know: who the raptors are, where Masai went, the exodus happening with Denver, the fact he's playing for the nuggets, that hat is reping another NBA team, he's posing for pics wearing the hat, other Pro athletes haven't made this "mistake" before.

Sure, Lawson is the neive one.

TorontoHuskies
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
If you think what Lawson did was questionable look at Brandon Jenning. He apparently said on Twitter that if he could be from another city it would be Toronto (when he still had over a year left on his contract) and has been seen wearing all sorts of Toronto gear: Raptors hat, a Drake OVO shirt,OVO pants, Blue Jays shirt, Raptors jacket (look at slideshow in link). NBA really needs to stop allowing players to wear other NBA teams gear.

http://o.canada.com/photos/is-brandon-jennings-a-toronto-sports-fan/#af8bd8e0982f11e2abd422000a9f4de4_7

Mile High Champ
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM

I can't believe how many people failed to see this as well. Shocking!

colinskik
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I'll spell it out for you. I think you are being neive for assuming Lawson doesn't know: who the raptors are, where Masai went, the exodus happening with Denver, the fact he's playing for the nuggets, that hat is reping another NBA team, he's posing for pics wearing the hat, other Pro athletes haven't made this "mistake" before.

Sure, Lawson is the neive one.

I’m usually not like this, but if you’re going to come at me then you better spell the word that we’re arguing about right, especially since it’s spelled correctly in my post that you quoted. It’s naïve – this makes me think you’re not to clear on the definition either …

I’m not confused about what Ty Lawson knows in regards to this situation. That’s clear. But if he’s wearing that hat as a response to what happened to Masai, then that’s a naïve act. That’s not the way an adult reacts to that situation. And if the hat has nothing to do with Masai, then he lacks any foresight to know that there would be some backlash to this, even if it’s very minor.

Get it?